New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

[Dragonloft]

Savorla's mind gently touched Jarla's, a soft caress in her thoughts, though not one that felt physical as well.

"Strength, speed, and cunning, little one."

Spoiler
    Show
    4 AP

Bless (-1 AP)
    - Jarla now has the strength of a tiger, the swiftness of a striking snake, and the cunning of one of the Gentry, as well as an instinctive knowledge of how to use her new physical abilities.

4 - 1 = 3

3 AP

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    The Captain's Tent

The Imposter's eyes widened like a child who found where a piece of a puzzle fits. "Ah, so you do have genders. You see your friend here was uncooperative when I tried to ascertain his true nature. You see, I'm not just a knight, I'm a scientist at heart, and an Aimancer, I've been using it to keep his different pieces animated while I performed this rather invasive Vivisection. It was frustrating as I could not find any internal organs. Still the practice itself was edifying."

A curved blue sword lay before him, he made no move towards it. But it was the only weapon in sight. The Imposter smiled fondly.

"I admit, our fight was the most stimulating 30 seconds I've had since coming to the North."
    ...I wish I could say this wasn't personal... But see...The Huntress split arms off of her sides, which then formed into sharp blades. It's bad enough that you kill a servant of the Doctor, a child of the Divine Vigilante, a servant who was also my friend.... it's worse that you tear him to pieces, and even worse that you keep him in such a horrible state of half-life...

BUT IMPRISONING HIM IN A JAR?! She schreeched as her eyes flashed bright and wide. DIE WITH SHAME, YOU ANIMAL!! She charged, slicing her arms forward at the Imposter.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-09-08 at 11:22 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ettin in the Playground

And Summarily Deflected

Without even opening her eyes, the elderly servant throws her dagger, knocking Drogul's knife from his hand.
    "I wouldn't do that if I were you."
    Her eyes opened, blazing with white fire, her hair crackling with lightning. She rose from her chair and extended her hands, tendrils of blinding fire and lightning reaching out to grab hold of the rogue knight.
    It was true what they say, Cerune could afford to hire the best guards...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your choice whether Drogul escapes or not.

The Heavens

"By the diurnal cycle of Ashkharh or Exaclone? Not that it really matters.
    "And if a malignant force chooses to base themselves on Exaclone where they are nigh unassailable from Ashkharh, would you make certain to ensure that the portal can be closed if needed?"

Spoiler
    Show
    All important considerations.
    And there's nothing wrong with unintentionally ripping off Stargate.

The Fertile Valley
    Spoiler
    Show
    Must have missed that somehow...

Silently cursing himself for his assumption, Zerachiel followed Merk through the Valley. The Elthiens looked friendly and prosperous, a touch suspicious of him, but that was to be expected. He was eight foot tall, shrouded in a black cloak and armed... Oh, and the wings...
    He bowed after Cera spoke her name.
    "Lady Cera.
    "It is a pleasure to visit your Valley. I am Zerachiel of the Belsherai. You may have heard stories of our race or of our Lord, Belsheroth."
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

4. - Top - End - #964
    Barbarian in the Playground

As the Shadow charged forward the Captain didn't move he only smiled and whispered, "Change."

The bladed arms clanged against the fiend's skin as if he had just turned into living metal. He whispered and his body was charged with electricity. He never stopped smiling.

"I hypothesized during my experiments your kind is vulnerable to electricity. Would you mind confirming this for me?"

A bolt of lightning erupted from his eyes, straight for the intruder.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-09 at 01:02 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Savorla appears next to him, a soft smile on her face, the ice that seems to coat her eyes looking far thinner than it normally does.

"What guidance do you seek, Sower of Chaos? And why should I grant it, when you chose to fly from Netheli as soon as you were birthed? That hardly seems the action of one who respects me, to stay not even long enough to say that you would go...

But you are of my making. So perhaps a compromise is in order, since I am fond of you, despite your lack of tact... Make me an offer for my guidance, and if the terms are acceptable to me, I will grant it, if I can; otherwise, we will renegotiate. Is that acceptable to you?"

Land of Beauty

Isyldar blinked in surprise at Savorla. "Mother, I didn't know you were that cunning... Remind me to conjure you up a cake sometime" Isyldar said, then chuckled."Now, to the matter at hand. My goal in life, as you should know to at least some degree, is to sow chaos among the world and bring it to ruin. But to first do that, I need to take control of a small nation, such as the one in the Land of Beauty, and send any armies it has against the northern beings of this continent without warning, so to take them by surprise" Isyldar said with a triumphant grin that quickly faded.

"But I have a slight problem.. You see, I don't really know anything of the world apart from what I can glean from mortal minds, which is definitely not enough for my plans. So seeing as you are the only reliable being I know of in this world, I thought to call upon you for assistance so you could help me learn about the world, to teach me. And as to what I could give you in return..." Isyldar said with a wicked smile, his pointed teeth showing his ferocity. "Who would you like me to corrupt utterly on the mortal plane? It both suits my goals, and also shifts the blame from you onto me. A win-win, wouldn't you say Mother?" he said.

As Isyldar had been talking to Savorla, he had been bringing dark thunderous clouds from any direction he could find them. With the climax of his side of the conversation, he raised his hand, bringing pure electricity down from the clouds above into his hands, then blasting it outwards at the tavern he had gained his first tidbit of information at. It exploded, but a large lightning ball remained, slowly expanding as it started to take in the surrounding land with it, imploding as it went. All that was left after it was gone was a crater, nothing more. "Enough of a demonstration of my power Mother, or do you need to see more?" Isyldar said with a sly wink and an evil cackle.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

6. - Top - End - #966
    Troll in the Playground

The Pool of Divine Possibility, Heart of Quiescent Potential, Depths of the Labyrinth

"God, a supernatural being worshipped as a controller of at least one of the key forces of the universe. This sentence finds your logic lacking." The Fool replied mockingly. But deep inside his mind was at war. This twisted lord of hunger was so close to discovering the lie that hid the truth. The secret that must never be told.
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-09-09 at 05:06 AM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post

Land of Beauty

Isyldar blinked in surprise at Savorla. "Mother, I didn't know you were that cunning... Remind me to conjure you up a cake sometime" Isyldar said, then chuckled."Now, to the matter at hand. My goal in life, as you should know to at least some degree, is to sow chaos among the world and bring it to ruin. But to first do that, I need to take control of a small nation, such as the one in the Land of Beauty, and send any armies it has against the northern beings of this continent without warning, so to take them by surprise" Isyldar said with a triumphant grin that quickly faded.

"But I have a slight problem.. You see, I don't really know anything of the world apart from what I can glean from mortal minds, which is definitely not enough for my plans. So seeing as you are the only reliable being I know of in this world, I thought to call upon you for assistance so you could help me learn about the world, to teach me. And as to what I could give you in return..." Isyldar said with a wicked smile, his pointed teeth showing his ferocity. "Who would you like me to corrupt utterly on the mortal plane? It both suits my goals, and also shifts the blame from you onto me. A win-win, wouldn't you say Mother?" he said.

As Isyldar had been talking to Savorla, he had been bringing dark thunderous clouds from any direction he could find them. With the climax of his side of the conversation, he raised his hand, bringing pure electricity down from the clouds above into his hands, then blasting it outwards at the tavern he had gained his first tidbit of information at. It exploded, but a large lightning ball remained, slowly expanding as it started to take in the surrounding land with it, imploding as it went. All that was left after it was gone was a crater, nothing more. "Enough of a demonstration of my power Mother, or do you need to see more?" Isyldar said with a sly wink and an evil cackle.

[Land of Beauty]

"Hm. Impressive, as such things go, but not too much more powerful than what Storm and Pfiann can do. And your methods, well... They leave something to be desired. You appear to have utterly wrecked the normal weather patterns, resulting in the formation of a hurricane."

As a stroke of lightning split the skies, a pool of blood-tinged sea ice spread between them, reflecting the pair in its dark surface, before clouding, and showing the world as through from high above the atmosphere; in the center of the ocean between the Fertile Valley, Hidden Isle, Silver Fire Isle, and the Land of Beauty, there was indeed a hurricane, one large enough to touch all of them at once - at least, if Savorla could be believed.

"I suggest that, in the future, you think on what will happen before doing such things...

Now, as for your offer, a question first: Having seen how much you have yet to learn about using your power, why should I trust that corrupting someone would have any fewer unintended consequences?"

Spoiler
    Show
    3 AP

Curse (-1 AP) - There is now a massive, and extremely powerful, hurricane sitting at the location described above.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ettin in the Playground

The Heavens

Belsheroth's attention was briefly distracted by events elsewhere, but he returned to his conversation with Tresingiis after detaching a shard of himself.

The Halls of Death - First Ring of Geasa

He had not returned in some time to his abode, and there was dust everywhere and the crystal strands of the now empty webs of Geasan spiders were draped over everything. The sound of his footsteps echoed through the cavernous halls and stirred up small clouds of dust. He passed the silver doors to the throne room and instead walked up the onyx stairs to the meditation hall. It had the best view of the Mortal World after all.
    He walked to the windows, stroking the sleeping Brightfire as he passed. She had been busy if the remains of lifeless metallic spiders around her were any indication.
    Looking out the windows, he saw both the decaying industrial landscape of Geasa and the storm that ravaged much of Ashkharh. The Gnomes were fine for the moment, mortal lives needed saving first.
    Eyes blazing with power behind his blindfold, Belsheroth raised his hands and projected a steam of energy right into the storm's eyewall, forcing it to dissipate and restoring the natural weather patterns.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 19
    Bless: The storm dissipates, harming no one and the sunlight is restored. 2 AP
    Bless: Rainbows fill the sky. 1 AP
    Remainind AP: 16

The Now Clear and Rainbow Filled Skies Where Once Storm Clouds Raged

The voice of Belsheroth echoed forth from the heavens.
    Do not fear the end this day. For though beings of evil work great destruction against you, I shall be there to combat their works.
    Let the colours of the rainbow stand as an omen that there shall always be a calm after a storm.

As for the perpetrator, that was unknown. But it was the hand of a God he did not know...

The Fractured City of Veran

Alyverai had lead the Virus for three thousand years with wisdom... But then, this had happened... Obviously the people's faith in him had been broken.
    As the blind woman departed, Vanyanil sensed that the magic gifted to her, and every other member of her race, was tied up in some kind of great enchantment.
    Walking down the street, he saw a few other individuals shrouded to keep out the cold, many horrible scarred and quite a few blind. They all appeared so listless and tired, such that they barely noticed him.
    The air was still, and from every direction, Vanyanil felt an oppressive air. Something was very wrong here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, what I've got going here is that when the Virus were struck by disaster from the Volcano, their race was decimated. The survivors pulled back to the capital and hatched a plan that by using the combined magical powers of their entire race they could create a shield over their city to protect themselves. That backfired when the shield got covered in ash.
    Now, if they were to take it off, they would all be buried alive and die. So instead, they maintain the shield with their lifeforce and are now slowly dying.

Westhaven Asylum - continued from earlier

"Oh, you know. Just things.
    "Work mostly. You know how it is, do the work of this deity and then that deity...
    "On the other hand, no you don't. Your Lord hasn't gotten himself killed."

"Cut to the point."
    "Oh right... The point."
    He sat down on a nearby bench.
    "As you know... Our Lord and Creator died a very long time, and then we were forced into the servitude of Lord Isanloff.
    "I for one, and I know there are others who feel the same, want out. It's only a matter of time until someone else decides that we should be his or her slaves.
    "Willingly, we had served Lord Daazo. How could we not? He was our creator. But we do not wish to serve any other."

"And what do you want me to do about it?"
    "Your God could be our advocate."

Spoiler
    Show
    This isn't all of Avaricia society, just a very small minority who want to live in peace and pursue their own interests. If that means they have to give up the ability to mess with mortals, then so be it.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-09-09 at 08:10 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

9. - Top - End - #969

BlueWizardGirl

The Heavens

"By the diurnal cycle of Ashkharh or Exaclone? Not that it really matters.
    "And if a malignant force chooses to base themselves on Exaclone where they are nigh unassailable from Ashkharh, would you make certain to ensure that the portal can be closed if needed?"

Spoiler
    Show
    All important considerations.
    And there's nothing wrong with unintentionally ripping off Stargate.
    "It has an 18 hour day-night cycle(for anyone else who had to look up the word). The portal could be closed if such forces controlled it. On Exaclone's side, the portal will be located where I will reside, so I should be concerned If such a thing happens that I could not handle in a more- direct manner."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I won't worry about it then.

Silver Fire Island

"It's over, Jericho. The Island is safe. Safe from you!" Jericho was weakened now, and as he grasps for the knight's neck, the knight shoves him, and tries to kick him over.

Meanwhile, Jib lay there, sleeping on the ground. He groans once in his sleep, he looks like he might wake up sooner than later.

Michael and Sofia
    Spoiler
    Show
    lol, we picked the same color, it shouldn't be a problem, but just saying. A side note, I know of the origin of hostility, and it hasn't happened yet. Even if it did, Michael would not know anybody who knows anybody who knows about it. As far as he is concerned, there will be no war, like, ever. I was thinking it would be the lich I have made who starts something, and blames somebody else, but there is a plot arc or two before that would happen.

Michael replies to the Emir, " Greetings, our people mean you no harm. I think we just want open borders. You should talk to our leaders if you want in-depth politics. We're just here to see what's here."

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

As the Shadow charged forward the Captain didn't move he only smiled and whispered, "Change."

The bladed arms clanged against the fiend's skin as if he had just turned into living metal. He whispered and his body was charged with electricity. He never stopped smiling.

"I hypothesized during my experiments your kind is vulnerable to electricity. Would you mind confirming this for me?"

A bolt of lightning erupted from his eyes, straight for the intruder.
    The Huntress' body suddenly split and shifted like a liquid, dodging downwards and to both the left and right, FAR out of the way of the lightning bolt before slipping back together. She then smirked.

Quick question. Does that metal-skin-thing work on your eyes?

Before he could answer, she stabbed straight for his eyes.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [Land of Beauty]

"Hm. Impressive, as such things go, but not too much more powerful than what Storm and Pfiann can do. And your methods, well... They leave something to be desired. You appear to have utterly wrecked the normal weather patterns, resulting in the formation of a hurricane."

As a stroke of lightning split the skies, a pool of blood-tinged sea ice spread between them, reflecting the pair in its dark surface, before clouding, and showing the world as through from high above the atmosphere; in the center of the ocean between the Fertile Valley, Hidden Isle, Silver Fire Isle, and the Land of Beauty, there was indeed a hurricane, one large enough to touch all of them at once - at least, if Savorla could be believed.

"I suggest that, in the future, you think on what will happen before doing such things...

Now, as for your offer, a question first: Having seen how much you have yet to learn about using your power, why should I trust that corrupting someone would have any fewer unintended consequences?"

Spoiler
    Show
    3 AP

Curse (-1 AP) - There is now a massive, and extremely powerful, hurricane sitting at the location described above.

Land of Beauty

Isyldar gasps and looks aghast at Savorla. "Mother! Why couldn't you let me do that properly?" said Isyldar angrily. "That was perfect for my coming into the world... You're almost as dastardly as I hope to be one day!" he exclaimed.

"Now, to be on topic... I was only recently birthed into this world by you Mother. I merely tried what I thought was right, but it got a tad out of control, as you can see. And why would I bother to rectify it either, I mean, I love chaos!" said Isyldar with a wicked grin. "The only problem is that it could cause too much attention - chaos is all well and good, but when it is so widespread without even a plan in place... Well, it makes me worry that the other deities will be angry with me" he said.

"Mother, I have a plan... How about this: You just give me some information about this 'Land of Beauty' place that we're in, and then once I have taken it over from within... I give it to you, as a peace offering, and as a sign of our agreement. Then we can progress from there" said Isyldar thoughtfully.

The Now Clear and Rainbow Filled Skies Where Once Storm Clouds Raged

The voice of Belsheroth echoed forth from the heavens.
    Do not fear the end this day. For though beings of evil work great destruction against you, I shall be there to combat their works.
    Let the colours of the rainbow stand as an omen that there shall always be a calm after a storm.

As for the perpetrator, that was unknown. But it was the hand of a God he did not know...
    "Who is that Mother? He who just so calmly decided to take away my fun? Because I think he and I need to have a little chat..." said Isyldar with an annoyed look on his face.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-09-09 at 09:46 AM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

12. - Top - End - #972

Thumbs up Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    The Huntress' body suddenly split and shifted like a liquid, dodging downwards and to both the left and right, FAR out of the way of the lightning bolt before slipping back together. She then smirked.

Quick question. Does that metal-skin-thing work on your eyes?

Before he could answer, she stabbed straight for his eyes.

Apparently, it was before he could react.

The Shadow's appendage went through the Captain's eye socket and collided with the back of his still metal skull. He slumped in his chair, the Shadow's arm being his only support. He never even made a move for the sword.

He must be dead, right? But the Butler is still moaning. Maybe there's an external Aimantic power source around here?

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, explanation. They say you can't kill a vampire, that's not entirely true. It's actually pretty easy to do so. The problem is getting them to stay dead...
    Gwyn, The First Knight

13. - Top - End - #973
    Titan in the Playground

Apparently, it was before he could react.

The Shadow's appendage went through the Captain's eye socket and collided with the back of his still metal skull. He slumped in his chair, the Shadow's arm being his only support. He never even made a move for the sword.

He must be dead, right? But the Butler is still moaning. Maybe there's an external Aimantic power source around here?

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, explanation. They say you can't kill a vampire, that's not entirely true. It's actually pretty easy to do so. The problem is getting them to stay dead...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I figured

Huntress turned away from the body and moved to the jar holding the Butler's head. She felt pity and sorrow well in her heart. Aimancy wasn't her area of expertise - it probably would keep going until it ran out of fuel or until the body it was animating died. She moved to open the jar, but stopped when she heard a faint, moaning Wait...

Not... dead...

She was quiet then nodded, Yes, but I'll end it now, brother. Your journey is almost-

Not... me...

The Huntress' eyes shot open wide. She turned around as quickly as she could, but not fast enough...

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #974
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    The Pool of Divine Possibility, Heart of Quiescent Potential, Depths of the Labyrinth

"God, a supernatural being worshipped as a controller of at least one of the key forces of the universe. This sentence finds your logic lacking." The Fool replied mockingly. But deep inside his mind was at war. This twisted lord of hunger was so close to discovering the lie that hid the truth. The secret that must never be told.

The robed figure thrust Isanvrede into itself till it disappeared whatever the cloak hid.

This sentence wonders how something can be supernatural when nature formed from it. This sentence further wonders why you turn to reason. This sentence answers that faith, not reason, is what binds beings to existence. This sentence says that to be, you must wish to be. And this sentence states that following reason, none should choose to be.

The figure looked past the shifting shapes of The Fool.

This sentence knows that you are beginning to fear me. This sentence understands that mockery is your solution. This sentence ask that you simply give up. This sentence elaborates. . . that you should not give up because of me, that you should give up because of yourself. This sentence bids you goodbye. This sentence will mark the end of this conversation, yet leave one lasting remark; do not fear, do not feel.

With that the indigo robes dropped to the floor, empty as they always are, yet missing that spark that gave clue that they were shrouding some greater being. What was once Isanloff had departed.... and The Fool was left without a clue where.

Spoiler
    Show
    Final Ruling by yeshon... Isanvrede now gives the wielder +4 AP to curses... so a 1 AP curse using the spear needs 5 AP to undo. A 2 AP curse needs 10. You guys wanted a threat.... you got one
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2012-09-09 at 12:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Troll in the Playground

Parry, Riposte, Withdraw

And the Order of the Spear could train the best warriors, cruelty the best assassins, and the Black Reach had enough of the Southmans' coin to hire him. Runes flared into life all over his armor, deflecting the worst of the magical energy, but it was too much for it to overcome and the energy was shunted to a portion of his armor over his arm, the metal sheared away from his flesh, revealing the mark of the Order of the Spear. Cursing, with amazing speed Drogul drew three items from his armor and threw them. A magical charm meant to limit and ward off the woman's magical power, a poisoned dagger at the boy king, and a smoke bomb at the ground, as the master assassin threw himself through the window. After the crash of glass, no sound was heard below. If the fall had killed the master assassin, the earth had surely swallowed him up, for there was no trace of the man.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

16. - Top - End - #976

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I figured

Huntress turned away from the body and moved to the jar holding the Butler's head. She felt pity and sorrow well in her heart. Aimancy wasn't her area of expertise - it probably would keep going until it ran out of fuel or until the body it was animating died. She moved to open the jar, but stopped when she heard a faint, moaning Wait...

Not... dead...

She was quiet then nodded, Yes, but I'll end it now, brother. Your journey is almost-

Not... me...

The Huntress' eyes shot open wide. She turned around as quickly as she could, but not fast enough...

A Curved blue sword streaked for what passed for the Huntress's torso.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming it pierces her given your last sentence. The below is subject to approval.

The Blade was strange, it was an artifact of the god Aqaerius infused with the power of Aimancy and theoretically, it could hurt Shadows. Of course the Captain hadn't tested the theory before the Huntress waltzed in.

Following the blade to the hand that held it, she would find the face of the Order's Captain smiling up at her. Looking her straight in the eye. Using his hypnotic gaze, trying to compel her not to move. To stay there, with the sword in her abdomen.

"You stabbed me in the eye."

He whispers even as the grotesque wound heals itself, a brand new eye forming in front of her. He leans in close, so that his face is only inches from the Huntress's own. "That was very rude."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-09 at 01:15 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

17. - Top - End - #977
    Troll in the Playground

The Lands of Calasanctium

The rolling hills of the great empire of Calasanctium were the first to be visited, by hunger. Let us say it was out of respect for his former life that he visited the empire. And throughout the land rang the songs of hunger. Children weeped and cried:

Give me three grains of corn, Mother,
    Only three grains of corn;
    It will keep the little life I have
    Till the coming of the morn.
    I am dying of hunger and cold, Mother,
    Dying of hunger and cold;
    And half the agony of such a death
    My lips have never told.
    It has gnawed like a wolf at my heart, Mother,
    A wolf that is fierce for blood;
    All the livelong day, and the night beside,
    Gnawing for lack of food.
    I dreamed of bread in my sleep, Mother,
    And the sight was heaven to see;
    I awoke with an eager, famishing lip,
    But you had no bread for me.
    How could I look to you, Mother,
    How could I look to you
    For bread to give to your starving boy,
    When you were starving too?
    For I read the famine in your cheek,
    And in your eyes so wild,
    And I felt it in your bony hand,
    As you laid it on your child.
    A babe that is dying of want, Mother,
    As I am dying now,
    With a ghastly look in its sunken eye,
    And famine upon its brow.
    Come nearer to my side, Mother,
    Come nearer to my side,
    And hold me fondly, as you held
    My father when he died;
    Quick, for I cannot see you, Mother,
    My breath is almost gone;
    Mother! Dear Mother! Ere I die,
    Give me three grains of corn!

Music to the ears.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 15

Curse 1: give famine to the Lands of Calasanctium; crop failures, food supplies dwindle, animals die due to disease. (With the Help of Isanvrede this curse takes 5 AP to break)

Ap 14

The Northern Kingdoms

Next the hunger came to the lands of the north, to the homes of Hazen, to the homes of the Cerune, to the homes of the Sarkan and even to the homes of the Black Reach Sovereignty. Hunger came to them as well and the songs that follow

Want! want! want! Under the harvest moon;
    Want! want! want! Thro' dark winter's gloom;
    To face the fasting day upon the frozen flags!
    And fasting turn away to cower beneath a rag.
    Food! food! food! Beware before you spurn,
    Ere the cravings of the famishing to loathing madness
    turn;For hunger is a fearful spell, And fearful work
    is done,
    Where the key to many a reeking crime is the curse of
    living on !
    For horrid instincts cleave unto the starving life,
    And the crumbs they grudge from plenty's feast but
    lengthen out the strife –
    But lengthen out the pest upon the fetid air,
    Alike within the country hut and the city's crowded
    lair.
    Home! home! home! A dreary, fireless hole –
    A miry floor and a dripping roof, and a little straw
    -- its whole.
    Only the ashes that smoulder not, their blaze was
    long ago,And the empty space for kettle and pot where
    once they stood in a row!

Only the naked coffin of deal, and the little body
    within,
    I cannot shut it out from my sight, so hunger-bitten
    and thin; -
    I hear the small weak moan - the stare of the hungry
    eye,
    Though my heart was full of a strange, strange joy
    the moment I saw it die.
    I had food for it e'er yesterday, but the hard crust
    came too late –
    It lay dry between the dying lips, and I loathed it
    -- yet I ate.
    Three children lie by a cold stark corpse In a room
    that' s over head –
    They have not strength to earn a meal,
    Or sense to bury the dead!
    And oh! but hunger's a cruel heart, I shudder at my
    own,
    As I wake my child at a tearless wake, All lightless
    and alone!
    I think of the grave that waits, and waits but the
    dawn of day,
    And a wish is rife in my weary heart --I strive and
    strive, but it won't depart-
    I cannot put it away.
    Food! food! food! For the hopeless day's begun;
    Thank God there's one the less to feed! I thank God
    it is my son!
    And oh! the dirty winding sheet, and oh! the shallow
    grave!
    Yet your mother envies you the same of all the alms
    they gave!
    Death! death! death! In lane, and alley, and street,
    Each hand is skinny that holds the bier, and totters
    each bearer's feet;
    The livid faces mock their woe, and the eyes refuse a
    tear;
    For Famine's gnawing every heart, and tramples on
    love and fear!
    Cold! cold! cold! In the snow, and frost, and sleet,
    Cowering over a fireless hearth, or perishing in the
    street,
    Under the country's hedge, On the cabin's miry floor,
    In hunger, sickness, and nakedness, it's oh! God help
    the poor.
    That coils and coils round the bursting heart like a
    fiend, to tempt the soul!
    Hunger, and thirst, and nakedness, sorrow, and
    sickness, and cold,
    It's hard to bear when the blood is young, and hard
    when the blood is old.
    Sick! sick! sick! With an aching, swimming brain,
    And the fierceness of the fever-thirst, and the
    maddening famine pain.
    On many a happy face to gaze as it passes by –
    To turn from hard and pitiless hearts, and look up
    for leave to die.
    Food! food! food! Through splendid street and square,
    Food! food! food! Where is enough and to spare;
    And ever so meager the dole that falls, What
    trembling fingers start,
    The strongest snatch it from the weak, For hunger
    through walls of stone would break
    It's a devil in the heart!
    Like an evil spirit, it haunts my dreams, through
    silent, fearful night,
    Till I start awake from the hideous scenes, I cannot
    shut from my sight;
    They glare on my burning lids, and thought, like a
    sleepless goul,
    Rides wild upon my famine-fevered brain -- Food! ere
    at last it come in vain
    For the body and the soul!

Music to the ears.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 14

Curse 1: give famine to the northern kingdoms; crop failures, food supplies dwindle, animals die due to disease. (With the Help of Isanvrede this curse takes 5 AP to break)

Ap 13

Kalpan Ocean

Beneath the waves the hunger came, fish began to die, and crops of seaweed began to turn red.... and hunger came and from the sea songs bubbled forth. An ode to food.

Dirty, filthy seas
    Bones boring through
    Large empty eyes
    Fingers like knitting needles.

Craving for a morsel of food
    Stomachs swollen
    Empty ache.

Hunger, poverty and starvation
    Need no language of translation.
    It's in the eyes, the feet, the hands
    The sunken face of many lands.
    Like the Sunken ocean

Famine, sickness, death
    And sorrow.

Music to the ears.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 13

Curse 1: give famine to the Kaplan seas; crop failures, food supplies dwindle, animals die due to disease. (With the Help of Isanvrede this curse takes 5 AP to break)

Ap 12

The Mirage Empire

Hating the gods was not the same as not believing in the gods, and regardless of belief hunger came, for hunger cared not for belief for it did not believe. And music rang out...

Rose-colored, stained-glass windows
    Cannot shield us from decay
    Grim reaper throws his shadow
    We just nod and look away

Acid-tears on sunken cheeks
    No one to hear their heartcry
    Broken misfits, for solace seek
    But every breath of hope dies

Faces haunt us as we sleep
    What is a human soul worth
    A mother's child bows down to weep
    For food, for love, for comfort

The poor are with us always
    There will be death and sorrow
    When we close our eyes today
    We insure it for tomorrow

Music to the ears.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 12

Curse 1: give famine to the Mirage empire; crop failures, food supplies dwindle, animals die due to disease. (With the Help of Isanvrede this curse takes 5 AP to break)

Ap 11

Hunger came and Hunger watched, for Hunger was a maestro and this was his opera. This was only the beginning.

Spoiler
    Show
    poems are edited versions of

Famine
    by Eddie Thompson

Famine
    by Anne Kelly

GIVE ME THREE GRAINS OF CORN, MOTHER. "
    By Amelia Blanford Edwards

THE SONG OF THE FAMINE
    By Anomymous

18. - Top - End - #978

The Fertile Valley

"Well it is a pleasure to have you. It is not every day that we get visitors here. Yes, we have heard of your god; he is of the same pantheon as our patron god, Kipt. I'm afraid that we are quite isolated here, and word only spreads to us slowly from Monte Mora. Do tell me about your race if you would." Cera comes off as an agreeable person, and very willing to work with Zerachiel.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Titan in the Playground

A Curved blue sword streaked for what passed for the Huntress's torso.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming it pierces her given your last sentence. The below is subject to approval.

The Blade was strange, it was an artifact of the god Aqaerius infused with the power of Aimancy and theoretically, it could hurt Shadows. Of course the Captain hadn't tested the theory before the Huntress waltzed in.

Following the blade to the hand that held it, she would find the face of the Order's Captain smiling up at her. Looking her straight in the eye. Using his hypnotic gaze, trying to compel her not to move. To stay there, with the sword in her abdomen.

"You stabbed me in the eye."

He whispers even as the grotesque wound heals itself, a brand new eye forming in front of her. He leans in close, so that his face is only inches from the Huntress's own. "That was very rude."
    Her eyes were wide with shock, too much shock to pull the sword out of her stomach even if she'd been able to, so instead she just molded her form so she was wrapped around the thing instead of stabbed by it. The compulsion to stay still was strong, but the twitch in her eye showed she was fighting it hard.

Less th'n.... what you did... to friend... She said tersely, mind still fighting.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #980

Her eyes were wide with shock, too much shock to pull the sword out of her stomach even if she'd been able to, so instead she just molded her form so she was wrapped around the thing instead of stabbed by it. The compulsion to stay still was strong, but the twitch in her eye showed she was fighting it hard.

Less th'n.... what you did... to friend... She said tersely, mind still fighting.
    "True" Suddenly the Captain, the Drownsword, and the air around them became supercharged with well over 60,000 volts of electricity.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

21. - Top - End - #981
    Titan in the Playground

"True" Suddenly the Captain, the Drownsword, and the air around them became supercharged with well over 60,000 volts of electricity.
    The Shadow screamed in pain. If the camp hadn't been told of her attack before, they knew now. She started slicing at the Imposter's face out of reflex more than anything.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #982

The Shadow screamed in pain. If the camp hadn't been told of her attack before, they knew now. She started slicing at the Imposter's face out of reflex more than anything.
    The claws scrap against the Captain's metal skin, sometimes gouging out one of his eyes, but they always grew back, a disgusting puddle gathered around his feet.

"Hmm, so you do have an animal instinct when exposed to extreme stimuli. Fascinating."

A commotion was heard outside the tent. "However, I'm afraid this must soon end."

He reached out, grabbed the Shadow's head, and started to squeeze. His strength, was in a word unnatural, only gods could be this strong!

"To tell the truth, if I was still human, you might've stood a chance."

But all this focus on Aimancy and his Vampiric powers, was leaving something else weakened. The prison he had set for the Butler, was no longer impenetrable.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't really want the Butle to get out of here alive, but you did say you wanted the Huntress to escape.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

23. - Top - End - #983
    Titan in the Playground

The claws scrap against the Captain's metal skin, sometimes gouging out one of his eyes, but they always grew back, a disgusting puddle gathered around his feet.

"Hmm, so you do have an animal instinct when exposed to extreme stimuli. Fascinating."

A commotion was heard outside the tent. "However, I'm afraid this must soon end."

He reached out, grabbed the Shadow's head, and started to squeeze. His strength, was in a word unnatural, only gods could be this strong!

"To tell the truth, if I was still human, you might've stood a chance."

But all this focus on Aimancy and his Vampiric powers, was leaving something else weakened. The prison he had set for the Butler, was no longer impenetrable.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't really want the Butle to get out of here alive, but you did say you wanted the Huntress to escape.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did I, now? I was actually planning to kill the Butler before she ran, but at this point I think it would be more dramatically appropriate for the Imposter to kill the Huntress.

I mean, on one hand, we don't know enough about her to care if she dies. So it might make more sense for her to escape for now, have some adventure with Soph/Doctor, and then die fighting the Imposter later. On the other, you wanted to establish the Imposter is very very strong for this fight.

As the hands crushed her head in a vice, bright teeth split in her body, beneath where he was squeezing. And if you hadn't tried this, you might've gotten a new toy. She split herself apart and flowed between the Imposter's fingers, quick as a whip. She moved forward and grabbed one of the jars holding a piece of the butler at random. She threw it at the Imposter and then ran for the flap beneath the tent. If she could just get outside...
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-09-09 at 02:40 PM.

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #984

BlueWizardGirl

The heavens

Tresingiis continued, "Further, I would have that the gate could--- I sense a disturbance in the world."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the star wars quote, I couldn't resist.

Tresingiis's eyes and ears

The figure of a hawk flies over the desert, watching as first a hurricane, which lasted mere minutes and then a famine ensued. The mirage empire was caught in the middle of daily activities when the storm hit, hunting, crafting, ruling and such when a torrent of hail and rain and thunder took them by surprise. Carts where knocked over, huts where destroyed, and things generally sucked. With the famine, it took longer than usual to recover, and the Mirage Empire is weakened for the time being. They still have plenty of water, but their food supply is in short. A famine in the desert is crippling. Already hard to grow crops are in short supply, the fabled cattle offered by the Lloyas are getting sick, and the purple fruit that they've come to love is in short supply.

Spoiler
    Show
    A whopping 6 AP have been spent to provide food and water to these people, 4 with the 'fabled cattle' and 1 so that the Cretaum could find water, and 1 so that a fruit was especially abundant. Still, the curse is not in direct conflict with all of them, so it works out.

The heavens

"Belsheroth, perhaps it's a good thing we're all here, someone has spread famine over the entire western continent."

Edit:

Tresingiis plucked another feather for the people he created. He knew not the power of the famine that struck his people, only that there was one. He created this feather to help his people so that they might be able to support themselves against the actions of malevolent gods. This feather could cancel a divine act. The feather was Blue, the Feather of Blasphemy. Tresingiis used more power yet to finish the cancellation of the curses on the Mirage Empire, Calasancti, and the Kalpan ocean. He grew again, He took in cancellation of things as part of himself, divine conflict.

Spoiler
    Show
    I figure the Artifact provides 4 AP towards cancelling something someone else did, if Isanverde is legal, so should this be. AP breakdown OOC

Tresingiis asks Belsheroth, "I've made something to help combat this new threat, to protect my own people, but before I give it to them to hold, we should use it to make solving this new evil easier."
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-09-09 at 03:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #985

Silver Fire Island

Spoiler
    Show
    Dammit, I missed this.

Jewel's coconut hits the back of Jericho's head and the Knight's kick sent him stumbling face first into the sand.

Jericho rolls onto his back. The wound was much deeper then originally thought. It was clear, that he is bleeding to death.

"From me? *Cough* You don't get it do you? I was trying to protec- *Cough* the Isle! You, you've killed it."

With that, he passed out from the pain and the blood loss.

Meanwhile, Trianna's mumbling is becoming louder, almost a litany. A strange shimmer surrounds her as she nearly yells the last words before she comes to her senses.

"Wow, that was intense." She looks around, sees the bleeding Jericho the knight standing over him and backs away.

"What the Hell is going on here??" A blue aura surrounds her hand. She points to the knight, "Get away from him!"

There is something very threatening about that aura.

Spoiler
    Show
    Essentially she has Mage Armor and Magic Missle

Also! Create Greater Concept (Wizardry) -4AP

Remaining AP 8

The Captain's Tent

The Captain's eyes flashed to the vial containing the Butler's head and it stopped in mid air. He held out a hand aimed for the Huntress's back and wordlessly fired a bolt of lightning after her.

Even as outside knights began to gather around the Captain's tent, awaiting orders from the Lieutenant to intervene.

But Jennifer simply stood there, unconcerned.

Spoiler
    Show
    Remember when I say 'Modern' Vampires I'm talking Dracula. And if I remember right they have some minor Telekinesis.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

26. - Top - End - #986

BlueWizardGirl

The knight was shocked to see Trianna's threat, "Jericho double-crossed, he attacked Jib and claimed the Scepter was off his rocker. There was no choice. . ." He seemed worried, and dropped his sword

He stuttered and backed off, nervously. "I p-promise you, I mean no h-harm to the knights of the Scepter, Jewel can testify for me."

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #987
    Troll in the Playground

Frozen Moment

The lord of time laughed as the reborn god attempted to leave. Seconds stretched to hours as the inexorable hand of the Fool pulled at the fabric of reality. "Your arrogance is matched only by your ignorance. But then, such is the lot of all fools. Do you think you have any power here that I do not allow you?"

The robes of the newborn god felt themselves begin to fill with the muttered whispers upon thousands of lost souls; each crying out with terrible longing, and just as suddenly the new god found itself ripped from the drapings that had entrapped the void and sucked into human form with serpents constricting motion until bones snapped in the absence of all other sound.

"You think you understand hunger, but you do not know what it is to be hungry until you have had form, then lost it. To wander without as the price of your existence for all eternity. You think you understand suffering, but you do not know suffering until you would beg to feel this pain, just for the chance to feel anything at all. So that is what you shall have."

As the god spoke the snakes crawled inside the broken body from every orifice, ripping apart the internal structure before collapsing into flames which engulfed the new god leaving nothing but bones. Crushing force collapsed around the skeleton fusing it into a spear, which the fox headed demon picked up and threw at the now gathering pile of empty robes.

As time began to spin back into place the newborn god felt himself being torn from the labyrinth. "This sentence will mark the end of this conversation, yet leave one lasting remark; always fear what you cannot feel."

Spoiler
    Show
    Divine conflict.
    (1d10+11)[17]
    2 for the Secret (2 for the infusion) and 2 for the infused plane. So yeah, no contest.
    Wigbach is trapped without form. He can not shape shift nor can he beguile to appear as anything other than what he is.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #988
    Titan in the Playground

The Captain's Tent

The Captain's eyes flashed to the vial containing the Butler's head and it stopped in mid air. He held out a hand aimed for the Huntress's back and wordlessly fired a bolt of lightning after her.

Even as outside knights began to gather around the Captain's tent, awaiting orders from the Lieutenant to intervene.

But Jennifer simply stood there, unconcerned.

Spoiler
    Show
    Remember when I say 'Modern' Vampires I'm talking Dracula. And if I remember right they have some minor Telekinesis.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't remember that in the book I mean, he was strong, could shapeshift, could hypnotize and all of that, but I don't remember any telekinesis

She schreeched as the lightning slammed into her. She was blasted out of the tent, amid the throngs of people, and she slowly lifted up her head to stare at the curious and shocked eyes around her.

...He... didn't wanna pay up? She said weakly.

Booooooo!

Shut up. She growled, pulling herself up, arms like blades again as she looked amongst the throngs of people. No one moved.

She narrowed her eyes and turned to look at the captain's tent, from which I presume he was emerging. You call this an army? She spat. They behave like mindless sheep.

Spoiler
    Show
    And which would you prefer? That the huntress dies here, or dies later after we have a chance to care if she dies?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-09-09 at 03:46 PM.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #989

A fleet of ships bound for Hazen

With the support of his crew solidified by fear, Geodrick and his ships drew closer and closer to Hazen with each passing day. He had learned to rely heavily on the counsel of Lis, the princess that had come with her brother on their journey to the Razorpine Forest. She had pledged her loyalty to him, and proved to be quite helpful being that she had lived in Hazen all her life. None of the Rangers had ever been there of course, and knowing the land they meant to conquer would certainly come as a huge advantage. On one night, the girl was seen talking to Atan; afterwords both of them seemed upset.

Lansa shared more dreams with Thordas, and the two began to get along, whether of not he still thought she was a figment of his imagination. Some nights, her mind stretched out to Ella or Randon, the family they had lost. With each passing day at sea, they seemed to get closer in her dreams, their forms more substantial.

Hazen: Port of Whales

When Hazen grew close, they decided to make route for the Port of Whales. According to Lis, it was so named because of the tradition of whaling in Hazen from the port. It was more of a fisherman's port than a trade port, but it was capable of hosting ships nonetheless. It's location serves as a vertex between the two coasts of Hazen. It would serve as a strategic first landing, because from there they could take over the less defended northern part of Hazen, and have a substantial area to hold, and incomes and auxiliary soldiers from the residents.

So they did. Their landing was a surprise to the unsuspecting and undefended north. With very few casualties to the rangers, they took the Port of Whales. As most of the people surrendered, there were few casualties to Hazen either. With the food plagues in the northern kingdoms, the northern port had been one of the primary sources of food to Hazen, so they found it very well supplied. With the incoming meat from fisherman, Geodrick thought it could supply the army indefinitely.

Liz showed them what other areas they would need to take in order to solidify the northernmost territory in Hazen. When they left, they left her, Lansa, and Atan in charge of The Port of Whales.

Silver Fire Island

"It's true!" Jewel pleaded, "Jericho was a vile traitor to the island, and to the scepter!"

Mirage Empire

The hunters returned with a kill on their first go, and life was good in the refugee camps for a while. Randon and Ella were finally married, and when the Lloyas left, the pair elected to stay. Rnadon enjoyed the hunting that he never had a chance to do with the Lloyas, and Ella was in love with the mystery of the desert environment. When the curse struck, they were devastated, however short it might be. Randon and another team of hunters set out to see if they could discover what the source of the food shortages might be.

The Fertile Valley

Before Zerachiel had showed up, there had been strange happenings in the Fertile Valley. A short time ago, The Cask of Granary (an artifact for storing things) had been stolen by a dark power. Whoever they were, they vanished to the mountains in the south before any of the Elthiens got a good look at him.

The Heavens

Kipt was already three that came together as one, but had never separated yet. If anyone missed it, the Sage represents Simplicity (Harmony), and Nature (Balance); The Troubadour who represents Beauty (Music), and Fun (Festivities); and The Lover with Family (Kinship), and Beauty (Romance). The Sage and The Lover stayed together as Kipt in the heavens with the sage leading the war against the archons, and the lover to guide his pantheon. Meanwhile, the Troubadour wandered off, and created things of his own.

Monte Mora

In Monte Mora, the tradition of bards was going very successfully. The Troubadour wanted to create a race to honor this tradition. Appreciation for the sea in the mountain-coast-city was also great, so he thought to create a race capable of life on both land and sea. With this in mind, Kipt creates the Merfolk, a race of people with fish tails and human torsos that like swimming just as much as singing, playing music, and sunbathing on the rocks. The Merfolk soon become a prominent race in Monte Mora.

The High and Low Roads

After looking upon all of his people, The Troubadour decides to take a walk on the High and Low Roads. On his walk, he notices something odd. Over time, humans had wondered onto the roads, and decided to live there. They had become genetically different from their ancestors over time, and now stood less than four feet tall. In their small sizer an stature, they were agile, shrewd traders, and legendary travelers. Halflings, they were. Of course, Kipt saw that the Roads was not the right place for such a race to grow correctly. They had essentially been lost there, trapped with no way out.

Smallfolk Province
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, let's see how long this lasts

"Come, with me" Kipt proclaims to them, and leads them to their own land. The Smallfolk Kingdom takes up the land still open in the south-west of the main continent. They have no restrictions for who can enter, unrestricted trade, and travel far and wide. They soon discover Free Port, and fit right in to that environment.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting with 25 AP +2 PAP
    Create Life, Merfolk: -1
    Create Life, Halflings: -1
    Form Society, Smallfolk Kingdom: -2
    Giving me a total of 23+0 AP
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-09-09 at 06:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #990

BlueWizardGirl

Tylarch and Garrug

Tylarch was growing more powerful by the day, the ravenkin was binding souls, which had so far been unnoticed by the locals. One day, he was on a mountain, where he killed a halfling and bound its soul. He was almost noticed by a large group of halflings when he got away. He went back to Garrug's cave, and asked his teacher, "Okay, so I've been binding souls for a while now, but tell me: Is there a quicker way to gain power? If not, how do you manage to slip away, undetected? This profession is the kind that would draw unwanted attention."

Spoiler
    Show