New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Silver Fire Island

Trianna shakes her head. "Really, Jericho, the same guy who won't spit in front of a lady? He betrayed the Scepter? And I'm supposed to take your word for it? A girl I've just met? And a guy who just killed his own Captain??"

She does not seem to be in the mood to backdown.

Spoiler
    Show
    One more exchange and depending on that she may back down or other knights may come to sort it out.

The Knight's Camp

There were a hundred knights outside the tents. These were the soldiers the Captain trusted most. And as some of the humans smiled at the Shadow's remark revealing elongated canines, perhaps it wasn't so difficult to guess the reason.

A Ravenkin woman stepped next to the Shadow. A mace swinging matter of factly at her side. "Yes sir." She whispers to the air and then she looks at the Shadow.

"You are free to go."

Spoiler
    Show
    heh, I think we should care about her before she died. What I'm thinking is the Huntress asks wtf?! And Jennifer gives a half-assed explanation. That of course doesn't cover all of the Captain's reasoning, but we'll find out about that later.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

2. - Top - End - #992

Silver Fire Island

"If you don't believe us, then believe someone else." Jewel gets on her knees and shows Trianna her empty hands. She looks frantic and desperate. "Just don't do anything rash, and we can get this whole thing sorted out."

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    The Knight's Camp

There were a hundred knights outside the tents. These were the soldiers the Captain trusted most. And as some of the humans smiled at the Shadow's remark revealing elongated canines, perhaps it wasn't so difficult to guess the reason.

A Ravenkin woman stepped next to the Shadow. A mace swinging matter of factly at her side. "Yes sir." She whispers to the air and then she looks at the Shadow.

"You are free to go."

Spoiler
    Show
    heh, I think we should care about her before she died. What I'm thinking is the Huntress asks wtf?! And Jennifer gives a half-assed explanation. That of course doesn't cover all of the Captain's reasoning, but we'll find out about that later.
    I don't need your permission. She growled quietly, glaring at the captain's tent.

It took a few seconds for her to remember it was a group of humans she was talking to. Oh wait, you meant you're going to let me go.

She glanced at the ravenkin, one eye wider than the other, which was as close as Shadows got to a cocked eyebrow. Uh, why?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #994

Silver Fire Island

Trianna looks at Jewel for a long moment then sighs, "Fine, just-just get up and see to Jericho's wounds."

The Knight's Camp

"As I understand it, you are to serve as a messanger. And I quote, 'Tell the one you call Doctor everything you have seen here. And tell him, stay out of my way, or I might forget to kill him. Of course, if the b!tch refuses to leave I could always use another test subject.'"

She looks at the Huntress, with something approaching regret, "Apologies for the language, but he insisted I repeat it to you word for word."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-09 at 11:29 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ettin in the Playground

The Heavens

"It appears you have covered every precaution-"
    Belsheroth too, felt the touch of famine. It was much stronger than the storm that had been unleashed, and the touch of the one who did this was almost... familiar... But it can't be...
    "I fear that this new evil will not be so easily solved. It is at once familiar and strange, powerful and weak, ancient and fledgling..."
    Belsheroth stood.
    "We should make haste to a place where we may more readily observe events as they unfold.
    "Meet me at the Halls of Death. I shall summon those of our kin who will best aid us at solving this mystery."

With that, he was gone.

The Halls of Death

Already there, Belsheroth sent out messages to Gwyn and Ombra.
    Your aid is required. Set aside whatever tasks that currently occupy your minds and come as soon as possible to the Halls of Death. A new and dangerous threat has emerged.
    That done, Belsheroth began searching his memories.
    Where was it? Who had it last?

The Deed Almost Done

The charm limiting the woman's power, she was unable to pursue the assassin as well as save the young king. So she let the would-be murderer escape and froze the poisoned dagger in the air before laying it to the side. She destroyed the charm easily enough, but by that time, pursuit was too late. She pulled one of the bell pulls in the room, and in a short time, the castle's bells were sounding the alarm. The guards, however, found nothing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the evidence left behind as well as the eye witness testimony of the King's bodyguard, they'll definitely believe the Knights were behind it.

The Fertile Valley

"The story of my race is a simple one, but rather long. In short, we were created by our Lord Belsheroth shortly after the beginning of time to serve him and aid him in his most holy task, the task of taking the souls of the dead from this life to the afterlife waiting for them.
    "To the Forests of Starlight go those souls who are good, and to Hell go those souls who require punishment. It is not a difficult task as evil is apparent to us.
    "You have likely never heard of us because we do not make our presence known when gathering the souls of the dead so as to not intrude on the grief of the individual's family and friends. As such, my kind has visited your Valley many times in the past, but always only for a few moments.
    "We are practically creatures of legend, and many refer to us as Angels."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming the Elthiens have the same afterlife as everyone else. At least, I don't recall other arrangements being made for them.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

Silver Fire Island

Trianna looks at Jewel for a long moment then sighs, "Fine, just-just get up and see to Jericho's wounds."

The Knight's Camp

"As I understand it, you are to serve as a messanger. And I quote, 'Tell the one you call Doctor everything you have seen here. And tell him, stay out of my way, or I might forget to kill him. Of course, if the b!tch refuses to leave I could always use another test subject.'"

She looks at the Huntress, with something approaching regret, "Apologies for the language, but he insisted I repeat it to you word for word."
    ...You know of the Doctor. Her eyes narrowed as she turned and shifted into the basic form of a horse. She blazed away quickly into the night, her dark form hiding her presence almost immediately on leaving the firelight.

It would be a while before the Huntress could find Sophia and the Doctor...
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-09-10 at 12:11 AM.

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #997

The Fertile Valley
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I suppose they go to the Forest of Starlight for the most part, so nothing special.

"Interesting," said Cera thoughtfully. "It is known that there is life after death, but as you say, we have never heard of the likes of your kind. That really is quite fascinating, I never knew anything like you ever existed." She eyes, him, turnng her head as if he were a specimen, then recomposes herself. "Do you have a purpose of some sort in your presence, then?"

The Halls of Death

Kipt sends the Lover, while the Sage remains in the heavens, directing the archons in their war. Despite the fact that the love is a female aspect, she still looks like Kipt, and gods can still tell that she is a part of Kipt. She came with Belsheroth, so she thought that she didn't need to make any introduction, only wait for more gods to show up.

Silver Fire Island

Jewel nods understandingly, and goes to visit Jericho. She tends to his wound. "I'm sorry it had to be this way. You were only doing what you thought was right." Jewel wispers to Jericho, even though he can't hear her. She looks up at Trianna somberly, "I can't tell whether or not he is going to make it. Do you know anything about medicine? The question was aimed at the knight as well as Trianna.

8. - Top - End - #998

The Captain's Tent

"Well, that was certainly entertaining." The Imposter looked at the floating jar containing the Butler's head. The Imposter smiled.

"Now, perhaps we may resume our discussion?"

Elsewhere, crops and animals died. But it would take time for the Captain to even notice. Longer for one who does not eat the food of mortals to even care what befell this land.

Silver Fire Island

Trianna shook her head slowly. Then looked out to the sea, "I'll try to signal for some help."

With that she began walking towards the beach.

Anreydu

"Dammit!" Gwyn shouted as she heard her uncle's summons. Nearly startling Thorondor from his perch.

Gwyn ground her teeth, this was important! Surely whatever was happening could not be so important as what she was doing.

"You realize of course, you can be in two places at once."

Gwyn turned and glared at the Crone. "And how do I know you won't sabotage my journey? Make sure I don't leave this coil? No you go to the Meeting."

The Crone smiled, "Belsheroth will be expecting his niece, not some tired old hag of a shard who can't even communicate with her source."

"Don't misunderstand me Gwyn. You may see me as the doting grandmother trying to protect her granddaughter, but I assure you, I am much more than that. I have an interest in this world as well and it would not do to see it destroyed. You may trust me, besides, what Belsheroth has to tell you, it will be most important."

Gwyn frowned, but could feel the truth in the Crone's words. Reluctantly, she nodded and departed Anreydu.

Thorondor looked suspiciously at the Crone, "Is what death god have to say really so important?"

The Crone laughed, "For the moment yes, but this too shall pass. I just wanted to get her out of this Citadel."

Thorondor tilted his head bemused as the Crone picked up a scrap of parchment from the table. "Silly girl,"

She whispered to the air, "You know what to do and yet you hesitate." The Crone sat at the desk and sighed, "I suppose I can't blame you, a part of me wishes his sacrifice wouldn't be in vain too. But sometimes, even memories must be sacrificed for the greater good."

Thorondor just listened, Gods do like to hear themselves talk. Is very strange.

The Halls of Death

Gwyn appears before the Starlit Reaper, "Yes, uncle?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ettin in the Playground

The Halls of Death

"Something has happened. Something I can't explain.
    "A new force is at work in the world. A powerful force that means ill. Remove from yourself all thoughts of fire and warfare, this is worse."

Belsheroth turned his gaze upon the world.
    "The hand that does this seems familiar, but I know it to be false It can not be so.
    "It feels... Wrong..."

He looks worried, despite hood and blindfold to conceal his features.

The Fertile Valley

"Indeed I have a purpose in my presence here.
    "Lord Belsheroth decreed that it would be advantageous should the Belsherai have permanent watchers to observe events in the Mortal World should conflict or disaster arise. I thought it best to introduce myself as my work would be much more effective that way.
    "After meeting with Merk, I asked if there was anything I could help your people with while I was here, and it was then that he informed me of the Drake attacks."

He looked to the East.
    "I may have a plan that could prove effective against their predations."
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The High Roads

Yohalles teleports in to help with the migration of Razorpine Forest. He had felt the famine affect his Hasen, but he also felt it end soon after. The Hasen that had wasted away would soon be replaced. After all, in the heat of the desert more Hasen were born weekly.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

11. - Top - End - #1001

The Halls of Death

"Apologies my mind has been elsewhere, allow me to-"

As she stretched her senses to feel the divine power behind the curse, a familiar sensation washed over her. She had long ago felt this same embrace that clung to the crops and animals of the North, it happened when her father would wrap his cloak around her.

Gwyn's eyes widened, "That cannot be."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

12. - Top - End - #1002

The Halls of Death

Kipt came to the wrong conclusion. He had never known Isanloff, never knows his power or what his presence felt like. A long time ago, he had been sent to retrieve the artifact Isanverde which had been in the hands of a mortal named Hallorn at the time. He also knew that Hallorn had caused the ice age, which brought hardship upon his people. "Surely this is not a
    good sign. To what extent do you think his power extends?
    "

The Fertile Valley

"Well feel welcome to stop by any time. The drakes certainly have been a problem lately, what would you do about them?" Cera speaks as if she is eager to hear more.

13. - Top - End - #1003

BlueWizardGirl

The Halls of Death

Tresingiis was confused, He had never known this force, for he was too young. "What? What has happened? I don't get it. Is it the work of the fool?"

Silver Fire Island

As she left, Jib rolled over and coughed out blood. He blinked a few times before sitting up and feeling to his side where he was stabbed. He looked around, he saw the knight and Jewel standing over Jericho's body. So what happened? Did they kill him? Why don't I have a bandage or something if I was stabbed? He grew dizzy, and before he could say anything, he fell back over, unconscious.

Michael and Sofia

Spoiler
    Show
    Who's turn is it? I don't remember.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Titan in the Playground

The Captain's Tent

"Well, that was certainly entertaining." The Imposter looked at the floating jar containing the Butler's head. The Imposter smiled.

"Now, perhaps we may resume our discussion?"

Elsewhere, crops and animals died. But it would take time for the Captain to even notice. Longer for one who does not eat the food of mortals to even care what befell this land.
    Kill... me... He moaned.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Troll in the Playground

Frozen Moment

Wigbach took the The Fools assault in silence and contemplation: He promised already the conversation was over - and the tortures of the Fool, mattered not, for nothing mattered.

The Great Famines

Wigbach noticed that his famines had receded from three of the four kingdoms he brought them upon. It didn't matter, but he missed the music that hunger brought.

And so in their place he sent another famine: and a spiritual hunger took root when the physical hunger receded. Belief developed frostbite and was slowly dying.

And slowly very slowly the music of doubt, reached his ears....

Spoiler
    Show
    Create concept atheism
    Curse everything on the prime world with atheism (AP 5 to remove)

After much though I consider that the best way to act this out, is if you act this out. The concept of atheism exists and for each individual it can be handled in the following ways:

1) Your society/ people can consider it and laugh at it, then ignore it completely

2) Some people in your society begin to think that the god's they know are simply powerful mortals.

3) Everyone in your society begins to think your gods are simply powerful mortals.

This is a slow process (I tried to show that with the famine, but...eh.... anyway. as I said it's up to you. If you ignore the curse, then your god wont notice it , it would just be a philosophical thought considered and thrown away. Otherwise if you pick 2) consider it slowly spreading and not instantaneous.

Again, this is considering the different responses to the curse. Basically, I can never portray it accurately how you are comfortable with, so Ill just let you do it. That and I'm lazy...

Good ENough>?

Ap 9

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Orc in the Playground

DragonLoft(Below)
    As you reach the end of the hall, none of the doors open and you manage to sneak through. You are now in front of the staircase and can go up or down.

DragonLoft(Above)
    Dradrog was a young drake that most would consider to be an elite among the elites.He was chosen because of this to lead his people. He had been summoned to the throne room and he now stood before Dralcor. Dralcor handed him what appeared to be an obsidian hilt and said, "Dratom I have chosen you to lead your people into combat. This is a weapon of hatred and pain; It shall stand as a symbol of your new king-hood. It is called BloodDrinker. It has magical properties that will grow as you let it drink the blood of your foes." Astounded by this title and the hilt that now looked exactly like the sword he used while training, he said, "Thank you, my lord I will put this sword to use in the coming battles and let it drink the blood of my foes." He then left with this sword tied to his waist.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting Ap 12
    Create Artifact: 4AP: BloodDrinker: This weapon takes the form of the exact weapon they are most familiar with. When a foe is killed by the weapon it absorbs all of the blood and flesh leaving no corpse. It becomes stronger the more people you kill with it. Some abilities appear when the sword has killed a certain amount of people, while others spend kills and reduce the total amount of kills you have (note: this does not get rid of any existing non-spending qualities unless noted). The non-spending upgrades are as follows:
    50: You can now chose the weapon instead of it being the one you are most familiar with, This is done by simply willing it to shift into a different weapon that you have used.
    100: The weapon is now on fire in all forms, this does not include the place you hold it by.
    1,000: The weapon can now gain kills by absorbing the blood of a corpse.
    100,000: This makes you immune to the active element (See cost actions)
    1,000,000: The weapon has grown its own sentience and has the memories of everyone it has killed, it also gains an empathy link to the all of the people who have used it and can easily meld with any flesh that touches.
    These are the cost actions that are usable by the wielder:
    100: This allows the wielder to replace fire with ice, lightning, or poison. It can also change it back into fire
    50,000: This summons an elemental dragon of the currently in use element (See above)
    50,000,000: This lets you put a new conciseness into the sword, without replacing the old one
    1,000,000,000: This resets the sword completely erasing all consciousnesses and resetting all abilities
    Remaining Ap 8
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ettin in the Playground

The Halls of Death

"It cannot be. Thus it is not, but it is at the same time..."
    Snapped out of his concentration by the words of Kipt and Tresingiis, Belsheroth returned from his memories to the present day.
    "His power is strong, but the hand that wields it is still weak.
    "Such dichotomies and paradoxes! It feels like the hand of one I knew once, so my mind says it is! But my heart knows otherwise... This isn't the work of the Fool, but I fear he may be involved somehow."

He sent his voice elsewhere to call to one who is always inexplicably involved in these things.

Echoing Silently Through the Labyrinth

Belsheroth's voice echoed silently through the bizarre geometries of the Labyrinth, spreading to all regions in the search for the lord of that domain. The message was silent, such that only Reisen could hear.
    My foolish and wise Brother, Lord of Paradoxes... You know of the afflictions that strike the mortal world. How could you not? You're not a fool after all, despite what your name implies...

Dragons!

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Razorpine Forest
    As Dull-Coat and his impromptu army fight a guerilla war against Eroberung's children a murmur spreads among them. Yohalles, their god, acting like a common shepard. Another murmur spread among them, the rumor that their god was nothing more than a powerful mortal. No matter what he is, he leads us so leave it at that. is all Dull-Coat has to say about it, but the seed of doubt was growing strong in his heart as well.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

19. - Top - End - #1009

The Captain's Tent

"I will eventually. But not before you tell me everything you know. Starting with the Kingdoms of the North."

Silver Fire Island

Spoiler
    Show
    Giving AA a chance to respond.

The Knights

Many of the knights already questioned whether or not Gwyn was real. The eventual consensus was, it didn't matter. Knights believed in honor first, gods were secondary. Many of the knights still gathered for worship, but the subject drifted further from Gwyn's divine nature and more on the importance of honor and how one may live honorably.

The end result was a benign schism within the order. The knights of the Silver Spear remained the most staunchly religious. Sometimes challenging others to duels if they dared question Lady Gwyn's divinity.

While the Chroniclers of the Order viewed it more and more as their job not to assume and look purely at the scattered records that survived the Calasanctium war for objective truth. They found it inconclusive.

Finally the officers, the Vampiric elements within the Order accepted this atheism without reservation. After all, if Gwyn was divine, wouldn't she stop them? They reasoned she would if she could.

It is unfortunate for they did not know the mind of their former patron. If a lesson was to be learned, it couldn't be because a goddess came and fixed everything. No, it needed to be the victory of honor over evil. It needed to be a mortal triumph, not a divine one.

The Hidden Isle

Even here, miles away from other civilizations,Wigbach's curse took hold. The commonfolk ignored such thoughts, of course they were gods! Didn't Kiolasa create them? How else could the clouds hang in the sky, or the rain fall? The very idea of atheism was idiotic!

Ironically what the Commonfolk thought idiotic, intrigued the aristocrats. Perhaps they really were just following a Piece of Ivory set by an extremely powerful wizard? Maybe, that wizard was fallible? Still, the Knights disuaded any ideas they had of rising against the Scepter.

Besides, there was no trust between the common people and the aristocrats, but everyone trusted the knights (or at least, they pretended to).

There was one anomoly however, this idea that the gods were fallible, limited, and ultimately not divine appealed to a certain scholar within the Isle at their most prestigious (and only) university, The Academia.

He thought that, yes, the gods were not really gods, for they were not all powerful, they could make mistakes. Therefore, they were not worthy of worship. However, he further posited that, there must be some Form of power, some Being of Virtue and Good. He said that this was the only being worthy of worship.

He was a Ravenkin named Socrates.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heh, gonna screw with Wigbach on this one.

Create Lesser Concept: The Way of the Source, getting down to it it's just the thought that only the Creator is worthy of worship. -1AP

I'll make an organization a little later.

Ending AP: 7

Yes Academia is intentionally spelled that way. Yes I'm screwing with you guys with the name, but really he's the founder of the idea that what is good is really seperate from the gods, at least he is on the Isle.

The Heavens

Gwyn shook her head, "I-it feels like my father. But Belsheroth is right, if you look beneath the surface, it is both him and not him."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-10 at 09:24 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

20. - Top - End - #1010

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll address atheism the next time I post in all of my individual locations

The Halls of Death

"Your father..." The Lover thinks about that for a moment, then blushes. Oh- that makes much more sense than what I was thinking... But what motive would Isanloff have to wish us ill? Surely it must be something like your father then?"

Dragonloft

Jarla focuses, thinks, then picks the staircase heading upwards. Up must lead out, and down must lead deeper into the dungeon, she thought.

Zesbring and the peofowlkin (the other prisoner/slaves) also proceeded to move down the hall, but they were not as swift or as quiet as Jarla was.

Smallfolk Province

The idea of atheism was fast becoming in the smallfolk province who were never huge on gods to begin with. All in all, they stood conflicted. A portion still believed in the Troubadour who had lead them out of The High and Low roads, but most thought he was just a powerful mortal. Where there was worship, it was to Yohalles or Reisen under a different name.

Clever Timmon was a Halfling who's "clever" trade techniques had built him a reputation, and a small fortune. He stood as one of the more prominent atheists, as well as one of the most prominent figures in society. The Troubadour (Kipt) figured there was no one better to extinguish doubts that the gods exist, so he gives him hero status.
    Spoiler
    Show
    23 AP
    = ... 19 AP left

Silver Fire Island
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not a whole lot to post about, you can go ahead and wrap this up with injury reports and maybe time skip.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-09-10 at 09:36 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ettin in the Playground

The Halls of Death

"No. It cannot be Isanloff. But it is definitely like Isanloff...
    "But it makes no sense... My Brother wished to end suffering, I do not believe he would do such a thing. And I am aware of all those who are descended from him. None of them would do such a thing."

The Fertile Valley

"The plan is a simple one Lady Cera, but there may be some carpentry involved."
    He nodded to the mountains.
    "The one advantage the Drakes have is that they come upon you too quickly for you to respond. I suggest that you place concealed watchers in the mountains to the East so that they may signal when an attack is imminent. Those on lookout down here can then sound the alarm and your warriors can hopefully be mounted and ready and those who cannot fight can take shelter.
    "Merk told me that the Drakes just fly away whenever you try and resist, so if there's always resistance waiting for them, then maybe they'll never come."

The Calasanctium Kingdom

When doubt seeped into the hearts of the citizens of the Calasanctium Empire, the common people and much of the aristocracy and middle class ignored it. After all, there were clerics everywhere and they performed miracles on a daily basis.
    But the academic community was a different matter. Science had explained all things thus far, why not the divine? After all, there was magic and that wasn't divine, in fact, the clerics referred to their powers as divine magic. Perhaps by proper study and experimentation, sorcery could reproduce the healing powers of the Clerics.

Dragons!

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Troll in the Playground

False Gods, Dark Sparks, Mortal Idols

Wigbach heard the music of doubt, the slowly dying faiths. But faith dies a slow death when nothing replaces it. Faith is replaced by Faith, and then extinguished by Faith. And so Wigbach spreads the seeds of false faith throughout the world.

And the new Gods are born.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fabled Concept 4 + Curse World with Concept (Costs 5 AP to get rid of a False spark):

After some thought: this is how I think this should go:

I have almost no clue who all the heroes are, so I leave it up to you. It's up to each player if their Heroes (OR NAMED MORTALS) get a false spark or not. Mortals with false sparks start with 0 AP and accumulate 1 AP each rollover. Mortals who are infused accumulate 2 AP each rollover.

It's up to each player how many of their characters and which ones get false sparks.

Also remember for each character who receives a false spark: the false spark slowly begins exaggerating their worst qualities. If they are brash they become brasher, if they are sadistic they become complete monsters, if they are slothful they become eternally sleepy

AP 4

23. - Top - End - #1013

Tsath'yo

The Deepspawn heard the music of doubt, and looked for the answer.

There they saw an abomination like themselves. They laughed with glee, beginning an orgy of sacrifice of those who worshiped the false god Aquaeris. Those died and reincarnated as their darker forms in the eastern sea.

The Deepspawn laughed.

Theocracy of Coralia

Most Kalpans just ignored the music. It was silly: their god had founded their civilization. Who could doubt?

But a few did. They met, discussing with the public the nonexistence of the gods.

Bad idea.

In a few days, they were hunted down and fed slowly to the sharks as an example to any future heretic.

Goblin Lands
    The goblin of the Emirates laughed crudely at the music. Their god had physically helped their ancestors and saved them by creating a river; they doubted him not.

The Halls of the Deep

In the Garden of the Dead Gods, Aquaeris jumped back farther than he ever had before, then swore a horrible oath.

Isanloff's tree was changing, and not in a good way. It was losing its vitality, casting down boughs. And when he looked into the branch, he saw naught but emptiness that hungered.

His form passed through a portal that opened in the air into the twisting ways of the sea.

The Halls of Death

Aquaeris strode into the hall, his eyes flickering wildly, his form churning itself, glowing with a nimbus like lightning.

"I apologise to thee, my lord Kipt and lord Belsheroth, but I believe thee art the expert on death here, and I am stumped."

His voice sounded very different, in a way that only one mortal and two gods had heard before. He cast down the broken branch of Isanloff's tree.

"What is the meaning of this? The tree that represented Isanloff's death is dying. I see something empty that hungers when I look into it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    Create Greater Concept: The Way of the Gods
    Mortals that learn god-glyphs, symbols that capture the essence of gods, can use them to cast spells reminiscent of those gods.

Gain Domain: Magic (Change)

AP: 7-4-3=0 AP.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ettin in the Playground

The Halls of Death
    Spoiler
    Show
    Belsheroth isn't a lady, I think you got some names confused.

"The tree grows from his death such to ensure that it stands for all eternity. Now his death is dying, so the tree dies.
    "The only possible explanation for how his death could die is that it is somehow being overturned. But that is impossible, I would feel. Yet, it is happening somehow..."

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

Land of Beauty

As Isyldar waited for a response from his Mother, he thought of that powerful voice from above that halted the storm.

Without a second thought, Isyldar split himself into two, leaving a clone of himself behind and sending his real form at the beam of light that destroyed his hurricane. "Who dares destroy the work of the mighty Isyldar, Vanguard of Terror!" shouted Isyldar at the sky above where his hurricane was, also projecting it with his thoughts towards where he thought the being was.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ettin in the Playground

The Beam of Light

The dissipating beam strengthened and focussed on the annoying godling. He didn't have time to worry about inconsequential squabbles.
    I destroyed no work. I merely removed a stain left by an insolent child. There are far more important matters that require my attention, do not trouble me again.
    The beam of light was gone, but the voice was left echoing on the wind.
    He knew for certain he never treated his elders like that. Granted, most were dead, but that was beside the point.

Dragons!

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

"How dare he dismiss me as a godling not worth his time? I'll show him that I'm someone not to be messed with!" fumed Isyldar inwardly. He sent his mind out to find ways to taunt this great god down from his perch, aloof from the others who he found was not worth his precious time. He found a being of a race that seemed to have been created by this 'Belsheroth', doing what looked like guarding the entrance into a Plane that looked quite interesting...

Isyldar thought this being looked like quite a piece of work. Fairly tall, with wings. Power emanating from its very soul. He decided to confront it and learn more about the Plane and possibly this deity. He plane shifted until he got to this Plane's entrance. "What is this place, and who are you and your deity?" Isyldar said harshly.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ettin in the Playground

Based on the Assumption You Were Referring to Hell

Morwenna turned to face the unknown god and bowed to him before speaking.
    "These are the Gates of Hell. I am their guardian and my Lord is the father of the one who crafted this place."
    Questions answered without providing much information.

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

Based on the Assumption You Were Referring to Hell

Morwenna turned to face the unknown god and bowed to him before speaking.
    "These are the Gates of Hell. I am their guardian and my Lord is the father of the one who crafted this place."
    Questions answered without providing much information.
    Gates of Hell

"Hell you say? And what is its purpose?" said Isyldar thoughtfully, a plan forming in his mind. "And don't answer me cryptically!" he said, bearing the force of his will against Morwenna's mind to give him the information he needed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Of course I meant Hell. But I'll make sure to clarify next time

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

30. - Top - End - #1020

The Halls of Death

Gwyn shook her head firmly, "It went beyond that uncle, he felt all the suffering of the world and that this thing feels like him, I can only think of three possibilities and all of them are horrible."

Silver Fire Island

Eventually Trianna returned with the Lieutenant of the Scepter. A cleric and five other knights in tow. At first it looked bad to Jib after he regained conciousness. They had stripped the knight that defended them of his sword and the lieutenant looked on the verge of running him through.

But one of the goblin knights pointed out the young goblin didn't have any defensive wounds. And the only wounds inflicted on the Captain were from a sword. That indicated enough support for the junior knight's ridiculous tale for the lieutenant to listen.

A further two things helped Jib's and Jewel's testimony. Trianna remembered Jericho acting a little strangely on the way here. And finally, the only piece that truly exhonerated them, was that when Jericho was revived, he didn't lie. A true knight would never lie, they may keep their mouths clamped shut, but lies and half truths go against the code.

So, with a heavy heart, the lieutenant ordered his captain bound in chains and sent back to the Isle.

Aftermath

Still over a dozen ships remained in port. They began building a settlement around the Fire itself. Keeping a respectful (perhaps slightly fearful) distance away from it. The Knights of the Scepter had the responsibility to protect it, but the prospect of colonization was new to them. They had no system and as such it took time. But eventually they succeeded and simply called their new home what it had always been called, The Silver Fire Island

The Prime Minister was the governor of course, but beneath him was a fluid hierarchy of leaders elected by the people. They got their food shipped in from the Isle (at least for now), they in turn sent out trading boats to Free Port and making lucrative deals. Who knew Pearls were worth so much there?

Trianna went about collecting the other scribes and scholars, gathering around the flame and studying it night and day. The way they saw the flame was different from what Jewel and Jib saw. They saw fomula and numbers, not poetry and artwork and as such, their magic was similar to the pair's, but completely different.

Trianna went on to found a college of magics. Dedicated to unlocking the mysteries of the fire. She did forgive Jewel and Jib for what happened to Jericho (who was imprisoned for the rest of his natural life). And eventually a certain knight caught her eye. A knight exiled from the Isle for striking a superior officer, but commander of the garrison on the Silver Fire Island.

All in all, despite the horrors of the outside world, things seemed to be going well for the Island.

Spoiler
    Show
    Beginning AP: 7
    Create Organization: The Colony of the Silver Fire Island-2
    Create Organization: The College of Wizardry-2
    Gain Domain: Magic (Wizardry)-3
    -Bless: Astromancy and Orieomancy become part of Arcana-1
    -Create Fabled Concept Wizardry-4
    -Create Organization College of Wizardry-2

Ending AP: 0

Gwyn is now a Greater Deity
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-11 at 09:26 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight