New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Dragonloft
    The stairs up 50 steps then open up to reveal an empty hallway that leads to a spiral staircase, going only down.
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Razorpine Forest

As Dull-Coat slays another Kreigmensch he kneels down to put another notch in his spear haft. As he looks all around, searching for a clear spot to cut the notch into his coat slowly turns darker and darker until it is pitch black. A light-grey smoke slowly emanates from him and he sighs, looking up at the Lloya who have started to bow before him. I'm out of space to mark my kills. he then notices the Lloya bowing and stands up, whacking one of them on the chin. Get up you fools! I am no god! If you do not bow before one leader do not bow before another. No matter what changes come about him.

The High Roads
    Yohalles's eyes glaze over for a few moments. Interesting. As long as he doesn't go against what I instilled in him why not let him?

Spoiler
    Show
    Dull-Coat now has a False Spark, being an infused hero he will gain 2 AP next rollover.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ettin in the Playground

The Halls of Death

"Enlighten me as to your thoughts. Mine are too chaotic to make proper sense of this. All I know for certain is that somehow, Isanloff has returned but he is no longer Isanloff."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going by the theory the Wigbach is Isanloff, but he came back wrong.

The Gates of Hell

She shrugged off the mental attack of the God, annoyed that he considered her answers cryptic.
    "It has many purposes. Mainly as an abode for those who deserve it."

The Calasanctian Countryside

It was late afternoon on the Dela Family Farm, and Kyran was relaxing before that night's evensong at the local temple. Apple orchards were so beautiful at this time of year. The downside of course, was that he had a lot of work coming up. At least wings made falling less hazardous than it did for human farmers.
    He was thinking over the months that had passed by. Maybe he should finally ask Irela to marry him. They'd known each other for years. He'd already purchased the rings, simple bands of gold, which he kept hidden in the clock, he just needed to build up the courage.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

[Belsheroth's Mind]

Belsheroth may feel a light touch on his mind, though only at the very edges, like someone standing quietly in the doorway while they wait to see if you have time to talk to them; someone is apparently politely requesting permission to speak to him telepathically.

[Changeling]

As Kyran rested, a man, almost human, but with pointed ears, and overlong fingers, hurried into the yard, looking rather distressed about something.

"Are you Kyran Dela?"

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ettin in the Playground

Telepathic Communication

He felt the slight touch and was annoyed. But he suppressed that and spoke.
    There is an urgent matter you desire to bring to my attention?

The Countryside

Kyran stood up from where he had been sitting.
    "Yes, I am Kyran Dela. Is something wrong?"
    He dismissed the unusual features of the individual, assuming that they were some kind of half-breed, logical seeing as he knew of them, but had never seen them.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Void

Seeing people all over the world turn to atheism was upsetting to Kipt. The Troubadour noticed it first, as he was walking among mortals, and looking down on them. If this idea spreads like a plague, then it could be disastrous, he thought. I would do something to slow this malicious spreading idea, for myself and my fellow gods. Kipt makes it so that a pious worshiper need not face the sways of atheism, that the truth will reveal itself about the universe if one believes it for themselves.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting with 19 AP
    Create concept- Truth of the Devoted, those who stay devoted to their god know the truths of the gods and the universe: -1
    that gives me 18

North Hazen

Geodrick laid waste to the northernmost lands of Hazen without much difficulty. He sacked villages, and his rangers took what they wanted from them. You would think it would be hard to supply an army of that size with the famine doing the damage it was, but they moved fast enough to be in a new area with fresh resources to exhaust by the time their supplies started to run low. Geodrick kept his men perfectly organized out of fear when he needed them to be, but often let them loose to plunder and rape; to claim the spoils of war as they pleased. We can always rebuild this later around The Port of Whales once i'm king.

Not to say that they weren't met with some resistance. In fact, they had only just begun their campaign when they were stopped by a force of the Hazen army who were sent to make war against Sarkan. The battle seemed close for a time, but Geodrick won the day by taking the form of a hydra and breaking their lines. The rangers did loose a third of their men to that battle, but they soon built that back up and more with recruits and turncoats.

In that time on the battlefield, Geodrick realized a few pivotal things about existence. Rangers never had a god to call their own, and there was perhaps not a people that atheism struck stronger. Geodrick in particular quite liked the idea; it meant that nothing was all-powerful, and his power level could eventually surpass it. He knew he could reach that amount of raw power someday, and had already begun his ascension, or so he thought. Geodrick took a false divine spark to his own. He was already thinking of ways he could use it...

Calasanctium

When news of the conquest of his northern countryside reached Endar, he sent his most trusted (and only trusted for that matter) adviser to Calasanctium to ask their allies for help. Alpert rode north, not south with a small assembly of personal guard. There had been a successful parlay before, and Endar saw no reason why the same principle would work here. Besides, surely most of Calasanctium's strength was in the north making war, and not back in their home land. With any luck, he could get them to march some of their strength to deal with the unruly rangers.

Razorpine Forest

War pressed on in the Razorpine Forest, but there was also a clash of ideals. It was down to the individual to determine for themselves what they believed in regards to atheism. It certainly did not help that their close ally, dull-coat had gained powers that were godlike. In the end, only Stamyn and Brenson remained completely faithful. Seera was saddened by his supposed knowledge that the gods were not real, but Skele grew more ignorant about it every day. Osha remained missing, and nobody could tell what Flaeme believed anymore.

Hidden Isle Aftermath
    Spoiler
    Show
    If this post isn't 100% o.k. yesh, I can change a thing or two, or we can talk about it if it really screwed plans over.
    I had sort of always planned Jewel would have some influence in the drake wars, but more recently it didn't look possible.

With the help of the outsiders, trade was also opened to Monte Mora as well. Jewel really liked the fire colony, and the hidden isle, and the life she had there, but she felt the need to move on. She had had her adventure, and now that things had settled down she felt guilty for leaving her mother. Reluctantly, Jib agreed to leave head back to The Fertile Valley with her.

The Fertile Valley

"Yeah, that could work," Merk said.

Cera looked impressed. "Then I suppose it is good that we are especially known for our woodworking. It is one of the few trades we practice. You have a good sounding plan, and a better idea of war than any of us simple-folk have. Come, and we can discuss your plans with our artisans, and we can have this ready in no time. Merk, would you scout an area where we may conceal these towers?" Merk nods, and mounts up on his hippogriff. With bow in one hand, he flies off, then showboats by doing a corkscrew in the air. Cera looks almost relieved to be rid of him. She begins walking slowly through the farms. "Now, we may want to darken the wood so it blends in better. We sure wouldn't want dragons burning down our shelter. What do you think?"

Dragonloft

If I turn back now I am lost, she thinks. With a deep breath, Jarla continues down the stairs.

Garrug and Tylarch

Garrug continues to teach Garrug the dark ways, his power growing every day. Sometimes, his pupil seems so strong that it is scary to the old lich.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting with 19 AP
    Create concept- Truth of the Devoted, those who stay devoted to their god know the truths of the gods and the universe: -1
    that gives me 18
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-09-12 at 12:19 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ettin in the Playground

The Fertile Valley

Zerachiel walked with Cera amongst the farms.
    "To tell the truth Lady Cera, I know very little of woodworking and all my experience is with trees that do not grow on this plane, and their wood has very different properties. But whatever methods your artisans have to better conceal the watch posts should surely be very useful.
    "A more difficult question would be how to signal that a raid is coming. It needs to be something that can be seen over a great distance, yet remain unseen to the Drakes flying overhead."

Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Telepathic Communication

He felt the slight touch and was annoyed. But he suppressed that and spoke.
    There is an urgent matter you desire to bring to my attention?

The Countryside

Kyran stood up from where he had been sitting.
    "Yes, I am Kyran Dela. Is something wrong?"
    He dismissed the unusual features of the individual, assuming that they were some kind of half-breed, logical seeing as he knew of them, but had never seen them.

[Divine Telecom Services]

"I wish to apologize for my son's recent insolence to you, but the matter is not so pressing that it cannot wait, if you have more important things to do."

Savorla's mental tone is conciliatory, and she starts to withdraw the contact as she speaks, though she leaves time for Belsheroth to reply.

[Countryside]

"I have a horse I need looked at; I think it may have injured itself, and I need to return home quickly."

Indeed, it is a reasonable assumption, especially given that Kyran is going to be the first Changeling; no-one has seen a Fae before, except maybe someone in Netheli.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ettin in the Playground

Which Coincidentally, Defies The Prohibition on Breaking the Speed of Light - I Wonder if this Means a God Can Defy Causality?

And, pray tell, who are you and your son? I do not recognise the touch of your hand, but there is some similarities to one I know rather well.

The Countryside

"Certainly. Lead the way."
    He picked up the things he had brought with him. His hat and coat, a couple of books, one "The Teachings of Belsheroth" and the other, "Legends From Ages Past", his knife and the compass he liked to carry around.
    He waited for the strange individual to start moving.

Dragons!

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

[Belithia Certainly Didn't Think So, Though Admittedly, She Was Utterly Insane]

"Would you be speaking of my mother, Gwyn? Or do I bear similarities to others as well?

In any case, I am Savorla, and my son is Isyldar, the one whose accidental hurricane you removed, for which I thank you; my Chosen was within it, and I would greatly dislike to see her harmed."

[Could I Buy a Side of Country, Please?]

The stranger hurries off, then; assuming that Kyran follows, they'll quickly come to a very nice black mare, with dark grey and very deep purple markings, which seems very reluctant to put any weight on her left front leg for some reason.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ettin in the Playground

The Halls of Death

As Belsheroth puzzles over this mystery that flies in the face of his domains, he notices an unusual star. Rather... He felt it.
    Morgazzar was moving into a new and unexpected alignment, it was still beyond the orbits of the Dark Moon and Morsein, but it may soon move close enough to cause trouble before moving on. Even if that trouble was short lived.
    He'd just gently nudge it onto a different path...
    Wait! Perhaps Morgash foresaw something like this and recorded such a possibility? Admittedly, he didn't see anything last time about it last time he was there, but he was looking for something else and Morgash's handwriting was terrible.
    He sent a shard to the Citadel to pursue this possible lead.

Morgazzar

As expected, the Gates opened at the sound of his voice and he stepped in. They closed behind him. As usual, the place was in a state of disrepair, but the Song of Time was still in place protecting the contents from the ravages of passing millennia.
    He bowed his head in respect for the God who even in death still sat upon his throne. Slowly, he walked over to a shelf, disturbing small clouds of dust that froze in the air as he did so. As he reached out for Morgash's Journal, a spark jumped from his finger and into the shelf before running through the floor, over the seal over the Well and into the throne.

Spoiler
    Show
    Morgash has been restored to life as his death wasn't a proper one.
    That suitable?

Also, I'm sure he has lovely handwriting, but it's in a different language to the one Belsheroth uses to write things, so he's unfamiliar with it.

Having Never Met Her, I'll Trust You On That

That would be the case. And to your Grandfather and your Cousin, but not so obviously.
    He has suspicions concerning the storm, but he can't place them.

Probably Not. Most Large Land Purchases Have to be Registered For Tax Reasons.

Kyran follows the stranger.
    "This is a very unusual horse you have good sir."
    He bent down to examine the horse's hooves, singing softly to keep it calm. His possessions he left in a bag by his side.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-09-12 at 10:15 PM.

Dragons!

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgazzar

The spark of divine energy skittered along the seal, and into the throne, disappearing from sight. For a moment, all was calm, and then Morgazzar shook, it's foundations quaking despite the time lock. The seal above the well glowed brilliant white, a light so intense that a lesser being would have been blinded almost instantly. The Well cracked, energy and visions of many possible futures pouring out of it.

Finally, the seal shattered, and the well glowed with iridescent flames as it sprang back to life. A billion billion images of many possible timelines flashed before Belsheroth's eyes, enough to daze even a god momentarily. Then, the well calmed, a sickly green and black cloud of mist rising from the center of the pool. It seemed to resemble a man clad in long flowing robes.

The writing in the Journal held by Belsheroth morphed into a form that Belsheroth could read, revealing scribbled ramblings about the end of all things. The Journal was written by Morgash, that much was certain, but the words seemed to make no sense. They described bizzare events, such as moons colliding and gods fading into obscurity. Though perhaps most bizzarely, Morgash noted that he himself was absent during the end time. A note in the margin spoke that the Warlock had been unable to see himself in most of his visions.

The sickly green shade seemed to be staring at Belsheroth, almost as if remembering something. El... Elder..." it spoke, shuddering slightly.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-12 at 01:39 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ettin in the Playground

Morgazzar

And Belsheroth was dazed, even if momentarily. Still holding the Journal, he looked the shade in the eyes, or where they would have been had the creature eyes.
    A glimmer of recognition sparked in his mind.
    "Morgash?"
    The new spirit that had Isanloff's touch felt wrong, but this... This did not...

Dragons!

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgazzar

"Morgash..." the shade whispered, staring off into space for a moment. It snapped its gaze to the Skeletal remains sitting on the Throne, tilting its head in curiosity. "W-where... am... I?" it managed to say, looking back to Belsheroth. The Shade gave off an aura of unease. Though it was definitely Morgash, something seemed a little, off. The Shade couldn't seem to remember much of anything.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ettin in the Playground

Morgazzar

Belsheroth put the Journal back on the shelf and stepped forward to the edge of the Well.
    "You are at Morgazzar. Do you remember what happened?"

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgazzar

The Shade gazed again at the Skeletal remains of Morgash atop his throne, drifting slowly towards them. "Remember, only... only despair... time, too much time... M-magic, pain..." the shade said, drifting close to his remains. The Shade shuddered again, looking at Belsheroth Strangely. "I... died?"
    The Shade huddered again, fading slightly. "Must... go... g-goodbye... Elder..." the shade spoke as it faded away completely, leaving Belsheroth alone within Morgazzar, the Well of Eternity active once again.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-12 at 02:27 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ettin in the Playground

Morgazzar

Belsheroth watched as the shade faded from sight.
    "Safe travels Young Morgash."
    Softly, he whispered: "At least, I thought you died..."
    He sat down at the edge of the Well and looked into its depths, but he paid no attention to the futures he saw.

Dragons!

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gates of Hell

She shrugged off the mental attack of the God, annoyed that he considered her answers cryptic.
    "It has many purposes. Mainly as an abode for those who deserve it."
    "Fine, you want to play games? Then we'll play a game, a fun one I assure you" said Isyldar, as his eyes glowed green, a frightful sight. "I hope you enjoy it. I know I will!" said Isyldar, who evilly chuckled. Two beams of green energy shot out of his eyes at Morwenna, causing her to writhe in pain. "Now, tell me what I need to know, before I obliterate you!" shouted Isyldar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start AP: 15.

Curse AP1: Isyldar cursed Morwenna to answer all direct questions asked of her truthfully. If she defies this curse she is wracked with horrible pain and will slowly wither and die if defied too many times.

End AP: 14.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ettin in the Playground

The Gates of Hell

The same beam of light that destroyed the storm falls upon Isyldar and Morwenna and Isyldar feels his attacks rebound upon him, leaving Morwenna relatively unscathed. A faint light spreads through creation wherever there are Belsherai, but it is almost undetectable.
    The voice of Belsheroth echoed throughout Hell and its surrounds.
    Cease this godling. Your actions are inexcusable and I shall not suffer your tantrum to continue. Harm my subjects again, and you, and you alone, will feel the pain you seek to inflict upon them.
    The beam of light narrowed and intensified directly on Isyldar, a figure on a horse appeared silhouetted against it.
    If you desire conflict with me, then I am willing to grant you your request.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 16
    Bless: Isyldar's attacks cannot harm Morwenna, or any other Belsherai. 2 AP
    Curse: If he tries, he shall feel the pain he had attempted to inflict on another. 1 AP
    Remaining AP: 13

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #1040

Halls of Death

Aquaeris sighed. "Destroying death is nothing new. Once, in my callow youth, I made a sword. One that could grant wondrous talents and heal. I did not know it could also raise the dead."

He raised a hand, speaking a strange tone. The air shimmered and Belsheroth and the other two could see the Drownsword... And its current holder.

Aquaeris hissed like a snake.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ettin in the Playground

The Halls of Death

"Restoring the dead to life is not the same as the animation of that which has become lifeless.
    "Nevertheless, when a mortal dies, their death lacks the same permanence of that of a god.
    "We are energy. Life and death mean different things to us. When we die, our souls are broken leaving only fragments of our essence.
    "When a physical being dies, if they have a soul then their soul is undamaged and continues on in one way or another."

He gestures to the Imposter and the Drownsword.
    "He is dead, but undying, maintained by foul magics which he sold his soul for. A precipitous existence that could end at any time according to the whims of the being he made such a pact with.
    "And he wields the Drownsword which can animate dead tissue as a puppeteer animates a marionette.
    "In neither case is death truly overturned. That does not mean it can't be. But the methods are beyond that sword."

Belsheroth turned his attention back to slightly more pressing matters.
    "Unfortunately, in the current case, the death of a god has been overturned. But it could not be done, so it fell short of achieving this. This new thing is a result of that. Isanloff's essence restored with his mind fractured beyond repair. His hands, but not his heart."
    It seemed that in his explanation of the nature of death to Aquaeris, he had unintentionally solved the mystery that had been troubling him.

Spoiler
    Show
    This post uses a lot of assumptions concerning the nature of divinity and the nature of death.

Dragons!

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gates of Hell

The same beam of light that destroyed the storm falls upon Isyldar and Morwenna and Isyldar feels his attacks rebound upon him, leaving Morwenna relatively unscathed. A faint light spreads through creation wherever there are Belsherai, but it is almost undetectable.
    The voice of Belsheroth echoed throughout Hell and its surrounds.
    Cease this godling. Your actions are inexcusable and I shall not suffer your tantrum to continue. Harm my subjects again, and you, and you alone, will feel the pain you seek to inflict upon them.
    The beam of light narrowed and intensified directly on Isyldar, a figure on a horse appeared silhouetted against it.
    If you desire conflict with me, then I am willing to grant you your request.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 16
    Bless: Isyldar's attacks cannot harm Morwenna, or any other Belsherai. 2 AP
    Curse: If he tries, he shall feel the pain he had attempted to inflict on another. 1 AP
    Remaining AP: 13
    Isyldar fumed. "How dare he do that to me? I will seek vengeance against this God, if it's the last thing I ever do!" he thought angrily. He reached out, his thoughts entwined with his power, and pushed through the Gates of Hell, looking into the plane. It was befitting of it's name, a quite hellish place. But below he sensed a fount of power. A kind of power that he was surprised he had never sensed before.

Isyldar grinned, his pointed teeth showing. "Good day to you Morwenna" said Isyldar calmly. Then he turned himself into mere shadow, entwining himself around Morwenna and caressing her body with a surprisingly gentle embrace. "We shall meet again, my dear" whispered Isyldar softly. The shadow then flung itself loose of Morwenna and threw itself through the Gates of Hell.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

23. - Top - End - #1043

The Halls of Death

"Calm yourself Aqaerius. He was once my knight. I will see to it that he is brought to justice and the Drownsword returned to your people. I simply ask you allow me to conduct it in my own way."

Gwyn's brow furrowed at her uncle's saying, "So, it is as I thought." To what she is referring, is unclear. "But, that also means he cannot be as powerful as my father was, correct?"

The Captain

Around the captain, darkness and shadows began to float, he cursed, hiding himself from the army. Communicating only through his lieutenants. This wasn't a large change from the norm as the Captain was notoriously reclusive in these recent months. Only the 100 Vampires that surrounded him knew the truth. Their captain, was becoming something far more terrible than he was before. They didn't whether to be frightened, or excited.

Geasa

Deep within the clockwork Plane. A single man, who was not man, saw a purple glow illuminate the room. When he saw that he was the source, he smiled. "Tea," he whispered and a pot with two cups appeared from thin air, he could get used to this, considering it had been over a hundred years since the gnomes wanted to have tea with him.

He couldn't fathom why.

Smallfolk Province

A storm blew the night Sandra's ship set out from Free Port. Blew them far to the West. They had to land on a small deserted island to affect repairs. Finally they set sail again, without an idea of where they were, they simply went East and kept going East, hoping to hit Free Port and regain their bearings. It took days but finally the Sailor in the crowsnest shouted at the top of his lungs, "LAND!!!"

And they saw it, a small patch of beach. Sandra breathed a sigh of relief. "It's not Free Port, but it will do."

Well to the north they caught sight of what seemed to be a village, as soon as they landed and Kuruk emptied his stomach of whatever had survived the voyage. While the sailors and other knights scrounged for food. Sandra, Saul, and Kuruk approached the strange set of buildings.

Sandra, in her usual subtle fashion, yelled at the top of her lungs as they approached, just before the sun had finished rising, "HELLO!!!"

Saul, giving up on protocol, smacked her on the back of the head.

Spoiler
    Show
    I had been considering sending this group to Monte Mora to negotiate a trade agreement. But this works just as well.

The Silver Fire Island

Trianna was sad to see the two go, but understood just the same. In parting she gave Jewel a book of the Isle's greatest poetry.

"We aren't all warriors and scholars y'know. We actually had artists too once upon a time. Then we couldn't figure out what they were good for, so we got rid of them." She whispers taking a lighthearted jab at Sorcery.

With that, they parted.

Spoiler
    Show
    Poetry on the Isle=Haikus

They actually have a lot of artists active on the Isle, they're just on the periphary of society.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-12 at 11:04 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ogre in the Playground

The Void between worlds

The Shade faded into being, this time in a place that was very rarely visited. The Shade shivered, alone and confused in the void between worlds, his mind broken and battered by countless eons drifting through the well of eternity.

"Death... I-I died.... yes, died... I... I remember... nothing. I can't, can't remember..." The Shade seethed with rage, clenching it's fists and shouting to the void. "NO! I AM MORGASH, I AM... MAGIC! I am... I... I am... Death." It spoke, sickly green mist forming around it, coalescing into shapes. "What, happened... to me..." The Shade whispered, the sickly mist darkening and becoming more and more solid.

The mists finally formed into creatures of pure blackness, with glowing white orbs of light for eyes. They had long, scythe-like claws, and four gangly arms. Their thick, trunk-like legs ended in talons the size of a sword, easily capable of slicing through a grown man. The beings howled in pain, echoing their master's mental anguish. First, dozens of them gathered near the Shade, then hundreds... then thousands. A veritable army of the creatures floated in the void between worlds, standing to do their master's bidding.

"Voidspawn... bring me Gale... Hedrin..." The shade whispered, and dozens of the creatures flew off into the void on wings ofpurple and green energy.

The Lower Depths of Hell
    Tears in the walls of Hell opened suddenly, and dozens of Voidspawn poured through the rifts, howling and leaping upon the Guardians of the Damned. The Voidspawn howled, as more and more Voidspawn entered Hell, determined to find the Damned soul of Hedrin, the first Sorcerer.

The Starlight Forest
    Voidspawn tore holes in the fabric of the plane, pouring through from the void around the Soul of Gale, first Astromancer. The Voidspawn cackled with glee, their talons and claws scything through the souls of innocent bystanders. One of the larger Voidspawn grabbed Gale, impaling her with his enormous talon and leaping back through the rift.

Spoiler
    Show
    15 AP - 4 AP = 11 AP
    Create Fabled Life: Voidspawn
    The Voidspawn are beings of pure negative energy, capable of tearing holes in the fabric of reality to force their way into different planes. Their talons and claws ignore mundane armor, and they are capable of sprouting wings of pure magical energy. Voidspawn are the personal warriors of Morgash, and do his bidding without question.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-12 at 02:20 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1045

BlueWizardGirl

Tresingiis

Tresingiis sent with his avatar his newest artifact, the Feather of Blasphemy, to the Mirage Empire's leader to join the Feather of Fire and the Feather of Wind. It's a shame he did this because it happened before the newest curses brought forth by Wigbach. Otherwise, he could have passed it to a god in the Halls of Death who had enough power to stop them with the feather. Sadly, it was now in the hands of the Mirage Empire.

The Mirage Empire

The tribes of the sand came into existence when Tresingiis created them. He greeted them, he helped them. However, he had sent them on their sacred duty of bailing out the Lokab Empire's fallen ruins. Why hadn't he done it himself? He could have, couldn't he? He gave us things when we needed them, the church to him exists in strength. It's sad that rumors of lies, and actual lies make a more striking appearance than help, parenthood, and blessings. Then there where the goblins of Lokab. They had hated the gods before their city fell and was saved. Of course they where not better than mortals, this was nothing new to them. People where not in agreement here. At this point, it could be said that for every three faithful citizen, there was a disbeliever and an angry goblin. This would change as the winds of the shifting sand unveil fears and famines in the time that followed. The desert people struggle in famine. Summer climbs and people starve, and bake. Winter falls and people freeze. The desert is worse in the winter than it is in the summer. Food is more difficult to find, water freezes over, the shelters used to keep air exchange in the summer are ineffective at holding warmth.

The band of clerics is contained in the capital city of Tulmany. Their work is among Mirage leaders and the leaders of businesses and the guilds. This forms a kind of aristocracy. The tribes of the desert which united have their leaders looked after well. Business leaders, guild leaders, tribe heads and cleric leaders made fast friends, never doubting Tresingiis. Most of them, at least. Reddulch, the combined leader and commander in chief, was arrogant; He doubted that Tresingiis was any better than him, and he accepted a false spark of power. His power manifests as his eyes turn white as the moon, his motions become even more quick, strong, and steadfast. He emits a constant pale, blue glow, which is eerie as it does not match his bright red scales. He succeeds in gaining support for his ascension by getting the clerics to worship him instead of Tresingiis. He becomes the Emperor of the Mirage Empire, with it's people growing apart from the aristocracy cult that has become of the capital city of Tulmany.

The Hunters

The group of hunters that Randon is part of in the Mirage Empire was dumbstruck by the curses. They did not know what to make of them, they noticed them fast, and they approached the Mirage Empire's capitol, Tulmany. As they approached, they noticed some guards outside who where glad to see the elder's return, as well as welcome guests. The guard hailed them, “Welcome back, surely you have heard of the news?”

Michael and Sofia

[color=”YellowGreen”]Michael continues on his conversation with the Emir, “We come in peace, we desert people should stick together. I can't sign anything political, but I can talk politics for you if you'd like. Aqueris gifted me with power to protect the ones I care about and my tribe. I hear the emirates worship him as well, in lieu of recent events.[/color]”

Tylarch

Tylarch grew more powerful practicing on off days from his duties; His patience recounted with the rejection of the gods in the Mirage Empire. For a while, he was satisfied with mastering the magics he knew. He practiced unceasingly, even when he was tired, he pushed for one more spell, one less limit to what his mind could conjure. He did this for a long time. Eventually, he realized his power could only grow if he bound more souls; In essence, he had to kill to grow more powerful. He became a true lich, like the ones of Lokab, but he was still undercover in his position in the Mirage Empire. Tylarch gained many spells from his efforts too; he could hover a few feet from the ground and accelerate fast, essentially skating over kilometers in mere minutes once he had time to accelerate. He gained the ability to throw dark lightning and arc it to several targets, and many other spells.

He was not satisfied. As a lich, he hated the gods, he wanted more power than just a mortal could have so he could pose a real threat to one, like the liches always wanted to. He wanted to see the blood of a god. He wanted it so badly, he was willing to do anything, go to anyone to get it. He traveled off to the ruins of the Lokab Empire, untouched by time. The curses which had fell down on the land seemed to come from a source... Another source malevolent to the gods. He sought this source, he called on it, and for once in his life, he asked it for power. He prayed to Wigbach, a hypocritical thing to do, and the only time he had ever prayed, and he requested audience.

Jib

It was hard to leave Silver Fire Island after their study of the fire, of it's art, but he wanted to go with Jewel, a decision he could have made as many times as she wanted. The two where off to Monte Mora to see what they left behind; To find what they once lost.

The Halls of Death

Tresingiis spoke to Aqueris, but loudly enough that everyone could hear. “[color=”DarkRed”]Getting angry will not solve this. Something is happening to the world, brought upon by an old-god, by forces we can't compete with alone. If it is Isanloff, we have to keep a level head. We know our opponent is cunning, and that he is placing these dark curses on the world with power that an artifact can only parallel.[/color]”

Spoiler
    Show
    Character color key:
    Jib: Red
    Mirage Elder on the hunt: Silver
    Reddulch: Olive
    Mirage Leon: Blue
    Michael: YellowGreen
    Drestin: DarkGreen
    Tresingiis: DarkRed
    Tylarch: DarkOrchid

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Orc in the Playground

DragonLoft
    As you head down you realize that the heat is slowly rising. As you reach a door at the bottom of the stairs and you can hear a voice from the other side say, "Dralid I will now test you to see if you are strong enough to be considered a man grown. Now strike me!" After a few moments you hear battle sounds and the same voice saying, "Strike faster. You are using your claws when you should be breathing fire. Remember, wax on, wax off. Good, now use your claws. Dodge! You didn't dodge, you are now dead. You have failed and will not join the army."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basically the door in front of you leads to a training room for the young drakes.
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ogre in the Playground

The Pool of Divine Possibility

A deafening boom rang out across the Labyrinth as a large tear in space appeared near the Pool of Divine Possibility. Through it flowed three dozen Voidspawn, followed by the Shade. "Reisen..." The Shade called out, looking around for any sign of another God.

Thirty six anxious Voidspawn twitched with anticipation, leashed to the Shade's right hand by misty tendrils of purple light. A few of them struggled at the leashes in futile effort. Truly the Voidspawn were driven in their cause to eradicate all that Morgash wished gone.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-12 at 07:04 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Troll in the Playground

The Pool of Divine Possibility

Time and space shuddered violently as the labyrinth was unravelled to make way for the passage of a god.

"You know knocking doesn't risk getting trapped in a dimension between sanity and the color blue. What is it you seek Morgash?"
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ettin in the Playground

The Forests of Starlight

The Belsherai of the Forest responded immediately to this attack, but were too slow to save Gale from whatever fate befell her. But it was a simple matter to repel what remained of the Voidspawn.
    Those souls that had been struck by the foul creatures remained unharmed as the plane itself formed up to protect them.

The Lower Depths of Hell

But the Voidspawn found him not, for that was not where he resided.

Morgazzar

Belsheroth was angry. His long lost nephew had been restored to life through processes difficult to explain, and now... Now he struck at him and threatened to tear down his works! It was madness!
    The divine will of Belsheroth bent itself around the barriers of the Forest, and soon, they were impenetrable and the Gate would never fall to invaders. His voice echoes across all creation, but only for the ears of Morgash.
    The Forests shall always remain safe. Do not attempt such transgressions again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 13
    Bless: The already infused Forests of Starlight can now only be entered through the Gate. 1 AP
    Bless: The Gates of the Forests of Starlight will never fall to those who seek to enter by force, deception or stealth. 1 AP
    Remaining AP: 11

The Labyrinth

The Labyrinth was a large place, and the message that Belsheroth had sent there still echoed through it. But eventually it reached the Pool of Divine Possibility.
    My foolish and wise Brother, Lord of Paradoxes... You know of the afflictions that strike the mortal world. How could you not? You're not a fool after all, despite what your name implies...
    It was silent and only for the ears of Reisen.

The Halls of Death

"No. He is not as powerful as your father. But his power is still significant for reasons I cannot properly fathom."

The Gates of Hell

Morwenna muttered a disparaging remark or seven under her breath before Belsheroth spoke to her, his voice losing the intensity it had when he challenged Isyldar.
    "Are you alright Morwenna?"
    "I'm fine. But it is not an experience I'd care to feel again. He felt so slimy..."
    "Don't worry. I'll make sure the craven fool doesn't trouble you again."
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-09-12 at 11:13 PM.

Dragons!

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The High Roads
    Yohalles stops and rests on a tree stump. Before long, a young Lloya sits down next to him and starts playing with a small wooden figure. Intrigued, Yohalles strikes up a conversation. Hello, I'm Yohalles. Who are you? the Lloya looks up I'm Small-Tooth, my mom and dad raise the hasen in the north.
    Well Small-Tooth, thats an interesting little toy you have there. Can I play with it?
    I'll trade it to ya if you got something nice.
    Yohalles reaches into the ground and pulls out an intricately carved wooden walking stick the right size for Small-Tooth
    Woah....thats nice. Too nice. I don't wanna trade unfair. Got a blanket?
    Yohalles pulls a hasen fur blanket out of thin air and the two exchange items. Suddenly a Lloya calls out from the distance and Small-Tooth looks away Thats mom, I gotta go. and teleports away.

Yohalles looks at the figure. Robed, stocky, blue-skinned, an interesting figure from an interesting child. An idea forms in Yohalles's mind and he puts a small spark of divine life into the figure along with a bit of Small-Tooth's virtuousness.

and so Treotar is born

He sets the figure on the ground and sits cross-legged in front of it.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life