New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

The Pool of Divine Possibility

"I come seeking answers, oh great fool..." The Shade whispered, as a large, hulking Voidspawn strode through the rift behind Morgash. In it's four arms, it carried a quivering and huddling form, the soul of Gale, first Astromancer. Shortly after, several Voidspawn poured through. "The Sorcerer's soul, we could not find it..." one of them said.

The Shade shuddered, tendrils of sickly green energy caressing Gale's timid soul. "Gale... for you, my love did not fade..." the Shade remarked, and the timid figure peeked at him, her face overcome with horror. She whispered beneath her breath. "M-Morgash?"

The Shade set Gale down among the group of recently arrived Voidspawn. It turned back to Reisen. "I knew I sensed an anomaly within the time streams... but, to see it with my own eyes..." The Shade motioned to the Pool of Divine Possibility. "Reisen, in life I may have been less than enthusiastic about your machinations, but... now... now I think that there we can help each other..."

Morgazzar

"I... never... struck you..." Morgash's whisper echoed from his lifeless corpse. "I... have little... time... heed my words, Elder... this shade... is not me..." the voice seemed to be getting fainter. "Cannot... hold on... don't, forget... who I once was... don't, forget... who this new thing... is..." as the last words were spoken, the fortress got eerily quiet, as if the last vestiges of Morgash's spirit had left it.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ettin in the Playground

Morgazzar

Belsheroth spoke very softly.
    "I will not forget you Nephew."
    He turned and left Morgazzar, the Gate sealing behind him as he left. Solitude was what he required, so he left his other shards to continue their work, but left one to walk through the darkness of the Void.
    He noticed a few of the Voidspawn and realised they would cause him trouble, but he paid them no heed in the present.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gates of the Forest of Starlight

Ripples of Energy assailed the gates as rifts appeared before them, Dozens upon Dozens of Voidspawn pouring in through them. The Voidspawn did not rush and attack, as they had before, they simply stood, roughly a football field's length between them and the gates. More and more poured through the rifts, first hundreds, then thousands, until a force of nearly thirty thousand of them stood at the edge of the plane, a veritable sea of negative energy.

One of them towered above the others, easily six feet above the others. He stood at the front of a legion of twelve foot tall beings of pure nothingness. The large Voidspawn stepped forwards, bellowing in a voice both hypnotic and terrible to hear. "Guardians of the souls of the dead... heed my words! Find us the soul of Hedrin, whether in heaven or hell, and bring him to us... or we will tear down the foundations of this paradise!" A ripple of laughter went through the ranks of the Voidspawn, a horrific noise, like the sound of metal and the feeling of biting down on wood. "You have one hour!" The large one shouted, then turned and walked back to the legion of Voidspawn.

The Void
    Within the Void, the Voidspawn were busy. Already, they had begun to construct fortress-cities that floated through the space between worlds. Two of such cities were already underway. The first, Alchazzar, was a series of seven ringed tiers, each higher up than the last. The center Tier held an enormous tower of black and white stone. Dark energies radiated from the fortress, as the Voidspawn continued their work.

The Second, Rieksguard, was a keep, surrounded by watchtowers. The fortress didn't dirft like Alchazzar did, and it's inner keep glowed white hot, as if it were the focal point for a rift in space.

Spoiler
    Show
    11 AP - 1 AP
    Create Lesser Concept: Nullsmithing
    Nullsmithing is the process of shaping raw void stuff into workable and usable materials. It allows a creature to create something from nothing, though it is difficult to perform, and requires one to be in or near the Void between worlds.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-12 at 11:56 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ettin in the Playground

The Gates of the Forests of Starlight

Hazael, Guardian of the Gate and Keeper of the Keys flew forward, sword in hand. Even though his height at eight feet was great, he was dwarfed by the Voidspawn. Still, he showed no fear.
    "Creatures of the Void! Your threats against us are empty and meaningless.
    "Nevertheless... We have considered your request, and shall give you your answer. The soul of Hedrin cannot be found by us."

He turned and went back to the Gate. Numerous other Belsherai began to appear, taking up a defensive position. Their armour gleamed in the starlight.
    Other Belsherai continued transporting the souls of the dead, unperturbed by recent events.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Barbarian in the Playground

Anreydu

Thorondor sqwaked in suprise, "Crone Lady!"

The Crone looked up from her studies to regard Thorondor. Then she saw what he was referring to and her eyes narrowed. "Inform Gwyn."

The Giant Eagle took flight on wings of golden energy, moving at speeds mortals couldn't hope to fathom.

The Halls of Death

Gwyn's face was unreadable, "There is, one more thing I'm concerned about. My father's compassion was inseperable from his being. Which makes this difficult to fathom. But is, is it possible something of my father is left in there?"

Suddenly the great Eagle Thorondor, whose wings stretched over a 100 feet landed at the gates of the Hall. Gwyn's brow furrowed but she sent a shard to inquire his purpose. When he told her, she nearly choked.

"Someone is attacking the Forest??" Outrage tinged with shock pierced her tone. This was completely unprecedented. No god had ever even tried to attack another's domain. Fortunately, she was so shocked, she didn't notice the power behind it. She didn't know her brother had joined her father in rising from the Dead. She didn't know that he had not died a noble death of self sacrifice.

Somewhere the Crone wept.

Gwyn looked at her uncle.

"Ask it, and my armies, nay my spear are at your disposal."

The War of the North

The Legions continued their march. The plague hadn't affected them as of yet, being well provisioned with secure supply lines stretching all the way back to Calasanctium.

The Captain crested a hill, Nettal at his shoulder.

"They will attack as soon as they see us." Nettal whispered, "At least the Barghest will."

The Imposter frowned, "The other cities?"

"The boy king has an able commander serving him, if he does not use the Barghest's wrecklessness to his own advantage, I would be shocked."

"Hmm, the other major kingdom is filled with schemers correct?"

"Yes, the likelihood of them attacking in tandem with the others is minimal."

"I'm holding you in reserve."

"A fair strategy, where will you be?"

The shadows that clung to the Captain had a great story behind them now. He was a cursed man, cursed by a god of evil for daring to enact justice upon the world. But not even a god could sway the Captain from his convictions.

The cloak of shadows twitched for a moment and the Imposter smiled, "Where a commander should be. In the front."

Spoiler
    Show
    @Elemental & L_A: All right, let's get this party started! This is assuming the two Northern Kingdoms have entered an alliance of sorts after someone who appeared to be a knight attempted to assassinate the boy-king.

Will edit if this is wrong.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-13 at 12:29 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ettin in the Playground

The War in the North - Cerune

The nobles of Cerune were in uproar. The common people were furious. Jarl Rushaan was ready to go South and spit in the face of the first Knight he encountered.
    Clearly, they lacked honour and common decency. Still, with this famine, the battle would be tough.

The Halls of Death

"Possibly, it is difficult to say for certain."
    Belsheroth looked at Gwyn.
    "When the time comes, your spear shall join with my scythe in claiming the blood of these miscreants."
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-09-13 at 12:51 AM.

Dragons!

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Having Never Met Her, I'll Trust You On That

That would be the case. And to your Grandfather and your Cousin, but not so obviously.
    He has suspicions concerning the storm, but he can't place them.

Probably Not. Most Large Land Purchases Have to be Registered For Tax Reasons.

Kyran follows the stranger.
    "This is a very unusual horse you have good sir."
    He bent down to examine the horse's hooves, singing softly to keep it calm. His possessions he left in a bag by his side.

[Oh? She Used to be Savorla's Mother.]

"Grandfather? Cousin? Who are they, then? I was unaware I had any relatives outside of my Mother."

[There's a Divine Tax Collector?]

"Indeed she is."

The horse allows its hoof to be examined, which reveals that it doesn't appear to have anything in it, suggesting the problem is muscular or skeletal, rather than something painful in its foot.

As Kyran is examining the animal, however, he may be interrupted by the fact that the man swings a bag the size of his fist, full of small lead weights, on the end of a short length of rope, at the back of the Ravenkin's head.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-09-13 at 12:51 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1058

The Halls of Death

"When that time comes, I will be ready."

She fidgeted, something was scratching at the back of her skull, but what?
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Troll in the Playground

"And tearing into someone's beating heart because you want to chat is your idea of beginning negotiations? I see you still haven't lost your touch for being everywhere you aren't wanted."

The fool sat down in his seat at the front of the dining hall, gesturing for the young god and his attendants to sit as well. The silver plates gleamed in the light of the chandelier. Each one placed in the coils of a golden serpent flawlessly stitched into the crimson tablecloth. From the hidden entrances of the labyrinth fox servants appeared bearing the greatest of delicacies from the farthest reaches of the world. Fish harvested from the coral gardens of the kalpans, fruit plucked from the orchards of the woden, ale brewed in the farthest reaches of the northern kingdoms. Such aromas wafted from the table as to fulfill the dreams of the most gluttonous of mortals. And such music filled the air as to pull the heartstrings of stone.

"Sit, eat. You must be hungry after a thousand years of drowning. And whilst you and your fellows relax, do try and convince me of what you have to offer." The unspoken threat balanced as graceful as a dancer upon the tip of the Fool's butter knife. Those who venture beyond the borders of reality into the Fool's realm uninvited are encouraged to leave their sanity at the door should they wish to keep it.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

Pools of Divine Possibility

The Shade chuckled quietly, drifting over to a seat at the opposite end of the table. He did not touch any of the foods offered, nor did the Voidspawn move to inspect them. "I've been dead for quite some time, from what I can gather... and I've seen things that no being has ever imagined. The end of all things in a thousand different flavors, wars between the gods, the destruction of the fabric of reality itself... yet none of this has or may come to pass..." The Shade tugged on a spectral chain, dragging one of the Voidspawn out from behind him. "These creatures, are, Voidspawn... my personal soldiers..." The Shade let out a cackling laugh. "Listen to me, I sound like my old self."

"I came here because I sensed the anomaly originating here... so, what IS this pool?" The Shade said, standing and motioning to the Pool of Divine Possibility.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ettin in the Playground

Fascinating. But I believe it was before my time.

Has your Mother not seen fit to educate you as to your kin?
    No matter... I am the youngest brother of your Grandfather, thus making me your great uncle. He, along with most of your close relatives, fell to the ravages of time. But you cousin Ombra still lives.
    All other Gods are more distantly related to you as I, my two sisters and seven brothers all descended from the Creator and all other Gods are descended from us. Time has claimed all of us save myself and my second eldest brother.

Family history is such an engaging topic.

Not Yet. But there are Plenty of Mortal Ones.

And interrupted he was. He blacked out immediately. His last thought was one of surprise.

Dragons!

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Troll in the Playground

The pool, which had assumed the form of an elaborate fountain on the left side of the Fool, cracked along the top as the god of undeath gestured at it.

"Carfeul now Morgash, it doesn't like you very much."

The fool stood as well. In doing so the illusion of the hall vanished and the two were returned to the abyss below which the light of possibility spreads forth from the waters of the dead gods.

"But then that is to be expected from one who escaped. The nature of these waters is not for you to understand. Suffice to say it is both the graveyard of the divine, the prison of the lost, and the wellspring of creation."

Lazily, the fool reach out one hand and picked up one of the voidspawn between two fingers. With a curious expression he tossed the fiend into his mouth and began to chew. After appraising it's taste to his satisfaction he swallowed.

"A little bland, but void is always great for burning those extra calories."
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

The Shade stared at Reisen, then sighed. "Reisen... I... I reluctantly ask for your aid... I am alone and lost in this alien time... I cannot be certain of anything... save that a god returning to life is a strange occurrence indeed."
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-13 at 08:01 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Troll in the Playground

"Hah, I did it, and it only took two thousand years, a shared dream between two gods in love, and the theft of myself from my murderer to do it. Depending on how you count it's happened four times in the history of the universe, half of which occurred quite recently.
    Regardless, you are indeed lost, and as such, under my domain. If you seek to set yourself along a path of self discovery I suggest you talk to my son. If you wish to know the secrets of your own past I'm afraid you'll have to wait, as my daughter is dead and I have yet to set things right in that respect. But if you need something of me then I suggest you get to the point. Time is precious, even if by altering the perception of its flow I have access to infinite amounts."
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-09-13 at 04:49 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

"Five times... who? Who all have been returned to life?" The Shade asked, his form shuddering.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

[I'm Fairly Certain From The Void Ended Before You got into LoCs, Yes.]

"My Mother saw fit to educate me about very little. What is my Cousin like? Should I try to meet him?"

[You're Planning to Make One, Aren't You?]

Kyran will be hauled onto the horse and taken through the Hedge, then, presumably waking on a couch in what seems to be a rather nice manor after a while; if that is in fact where he wakes up, he'll have a letter sitting on his chest.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Troll in the Playground

"I, Belsheroth (though the lines fuzzier there,) and the entity you knew as Isanloff have all returned from the dead. Including yourself that makes four though I must say recent additions to this list have not been as... complete."
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-09-13 at 04:48 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ettin in the Playground

That Would Indeed Be The Case

Your Cousin is the one known as Ombra. It is your decision whether you choose to meet him or not.

Too Much Paperwork Involved.

Kyran awoke with a splitting headache, and it took him a moment to remember what happened. Had he been kicked in the head by that horse? No... He'd probably be dead if that were the case. If so... Was this the afterlife?
    After a moment, his sense returned and he dismissed that idea completely. Not enough trees, and he was staring up at what appeared to be a very expensive looking ceiling. He was lying on something soft. Possibly a bed? Maybe not... Seemed to be the wrong shape.
    Perhaps the man was someone new to the area? A rich person to be able to afford such an exotic horse. Perhaps it had started hailing and a hailstone hit him in the head and knocked him out... Couldn't be, it was sunny.
    Still, whatever had happened, the man had decided to take him to his house until he regained consciousness. Strange... He hadn't noticed any construction work going on...
    He sat up to get a better view of the room he was in when a letter that had previously been on his chest fell to the floor. He picked it up and opened it out of curiosity. He began to read it in case it held clues as to what had happened.

Dragons!

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suffice to say, Then, That She Tried to Assimilate the Universe Twice, Believed Pain was an Expression of Love, and Had the Hearts of Several Different Deities.]

"I am aware of his name, since you just told it to me, but that tells me nothing about what Ombra is like as a person; I know nothing about the deities I share blood with, save you, Gwyn, and Isyldar."

[That Is Fortunate.]

Welcome to Arcadia, Changeling. You have been taken to provide a pet, of sorts, or at least a companion, for my daughter, who is near your own age when one considers the differences in our lifespan, though she has clear memories of events several hundred years ago, as we measure time here.

Please her, and your care will be up to her, which I doubt you will have too much of a problem with, as she is surprisingly kind, for one of our race. Make her unhappy, and the reason for her unhappiness will be removed."

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

Isyldar cackled as he heard Belsheroth's thoughts behind him comforting Morwenna. "That'll teach her for messing with me" said Isyldar with a grin. "Now, to get down to business..." as he said this, he was flying around Hell, searching for the power he had sensed while dealing with that petty archangel. He looked down into the depths of Hell, and a sparkle caught his eye.

He swooped straight down to the sparkling. A mysterious barrier of pure energy blocked his path, but he could sense the immense power behind it. He couldn't feel what the power actually came from, all he knew it was there, and he wanted it for himself. "It will be mine! It must be mine!" shouted Isyldar, a crazed look in his eyes.

Green energy poured out of his eyes and mouth, swirling around him and making him quite the ominous sight to behold. Any nearby souls fled from this being of greater power. The green energy built a blindingly green barrier of pure energy around him, surrounding him completely, but slightly pointed at the point above his head. "The shield is complete!" laughed Isyldar, his evil laughter echoing off of the walls. And with that, he flew straight at the barrier.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start AP: 14.

Curse AP1: Isyldar breaks the barrier guarding Hotarus which was set in place by Alyveran. This is just in-case, seeing as Alyveran didn't use any AP to block off Hotarus, but he did set a shield up.

End AP: 13.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ettin in the Playground

She Sounds Like A Fun Person To Invite To A Party

Apologies... My mind is preoccupied.
    By numerous things. War looms on the horizon from several directions after all...
    Ombra is one concerned with the nature of justice as distinct from law. In his mind, the world would be perfect should anarchy and freedom reign for all, but matters of injustice never arise. It is a dream. But then... We all dream.

Definitely. Though I Now Find Myself Wondering How A God Would Pay Taxes To Another...

The contents of the letter confused him. Either, he was hallucinating, or he had been captured and taken into slavery. No... Definitely real, an imagined letter wouldn't use words he had never heard.
    But where was he? Arcadia was not a place he had ever heard of.
    And what was this talk of being a "pet"? Even more confusing, what was a "Changeling"? The letter said he was one, but the word meant nothing to Kyran.
    Furthermore, who did these people think they were?! They were certainly too cowardly to state their names or show their faces for one thing!
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's probably going to be driven insane by this. But I suppose that happens to most people in such a situation.

Hell

Belsheroth left Morwenna at the Gate and descended on his warhorse into the depths, scythe in hand should he be delayed. The souls of the damned and the devils scattered before him.
    Isyldar was not hard to find. Like any mindless creature, he had been drawn to the most sparkly object. Going by his recent displays that showed a lack of intellect, Belsheroth decided he would be easy enough to goad into forcing his hand.
    Such a shame that the noble lineage of Isanloff and Gwyn should fall to such a miserable creature. Normally I would not personally both with something as insignificant as you, but the way you treated my daughter demands I seek retribution.
    Perhaps I shall find some amusement in doing so, but then again... I'm more likely to be bored as there is no challenge to be found.

Psychology usually wins the race.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10+9)[14]
    +5 from Elder Deity, +2 from the Starscythe and +2 from the Steed of Death

Dragons!

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

[She Was, Actually. Provided it was The Right Sort of Party, At Least...]

"I see. He sounds an interesting one... What are you preoccupied with? If it is something that would be best accomplished soon, I can let you be for now."

[A Tithe of Souls, Perhaps? Worship by Their Followers?]

As he ponders his predicament, a pretty girl, who bears a strong resemblance to the man who knocked him out, wearing a white silk dress, enters the room, smiling at him.

"Hello. You must be the one who's going to be staying here... Would you like something to eat, or a drink, perhaps?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Very much so. I'm basing this off of Changeling: The Lost, by White Wolf, with a sprinkling of my own mythological research and insane creations, and one of the major themes of the game is dealing with all of the mental damage from the time the Changelings spent in Arcadia.

Also, shouldn't Belsheroth also get +2 for being in a plane he controls?

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ettin in the Playground

Not The Kind Invited To The Opera, I Presume?

Conflicts. Both old and new, major and minor. But the time scale remains beyond my grasp.

Slight Difficulty In That Worshippers And Souls Can Be Created At Any Time

Kyran stared at the girl for a moment before speaking.
    "What I would like is to know where I am. What is this place? Why am I here?
    "And more specifically, who are you, and what do you want from me?"

He finds her smile ever so slightly unsettling.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah well... Insanity is the expected response when a person is taken from their homes and everything they've ever known, forced into slavery and treated like a lower life form.
    The psychological results... Are interesting...

And no, no such bonus. He doesn't control the plane in question and nor does it say in the rules that that is the case.
    However, he gets such a bonus in the Forests of Starlight because it is infused.

Dragons!

24. - Top - End - #1074

The Heavens

The Sage felt that his wisdom was needed in consult with the other gods. He had sent the lover, but at this point that simply would not quite do. At the same time, the Archons needed some sort of leader in their conflict, so Kipt chose a new one. He chose a Lionel, one of the only ones still in the reserve. "Young Lion," he fashioned his name, and it was a fitting enough one. Young Lion was the first of the next generation of Archons, and that meant that there was something special about him. He acted more independently, thought for himself, but was ultimately willing to bend the knee when needed; good traits for a leader. With that Kipt rejoined his other two forms in the Halls of Death.

There had always been something special about the throne in the center of the heavens. It had become such a symbol it was a presence of it's own.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting with 18+2 AP
    Create "Relifact," Throne of the Archon Overlord: -4
    leaving me with 16 AP

Whoever sits in the throne has control of the Archons. Strictly speaking, Archons do not have free will; they do have personalities and are individuals, but their actions are ultimately a reflection of the subconscious mind of the throne sitter. This subconscious is tapped into by the throne, and projected into the Archons through the dreaming.

The Halls of Death

"I should offer my Archon army as well, but as you are probably well aware, they are currently at war with the drakes. This is important though, I will not let the Starlight Forest be taken."

The Hunters

"News?" Randon inquired.

The Fertile Valley

"Funny you should say that, I thought that would be the easy part. Animal breeding is another of our proud traditions, and I'm sure trained eagles will do. That will, of course require Elthiens to stand watch and release the birds. We could also use hippogriffs. A well trained rider can easily outrun a drake, and we could have them scout routinely from the towers as well. I would think a combination of the plans would be best for all security."

Dragonloft

Jarla debates sneaking through. If this is my best shot, I will have to take it, she thought. They are distracted in their training, but will I be able to make it across? For that matter, is there even freedom on the other side? She decided against it, that she would know the other ways before making a choice. She sneaked back, and took the lower stairs alone. No one to rescue me if I am caught, Solace began to glow dimly.

25. - Top - End - #1075

Halls of Death

"Thank you, Trensgiis. I just... Felt something i have not in a long time. Anger."

The god's eyes blazed. "Belsheroth, my forces are at your command, since Kipt's are doing well as they are. I think you will find them to your liking."

He snapped his fingers, and a hole appeared in the air. A violet Light and a Tear appeared.

"Greetings, Lord Belsheroth. If needed, I can muster some few thousands to my banner."

"My greetings also. My folk number five hundreds, and we're at your instant command."

"As for now, would your forces object to our faithful spirits joining them? If our religion makes us disagreeable to them, we'll not bother them."

Michael and Sofía

The Emir smiled. "We wish peace too. You know of Aquaeris? That is even better. You can go now if you wish. Just tell your tribe that we seek friendship with you."
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-09-13 at 06:23 PM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

The Shade seemed about to reply, then he heard that Isanloff had been resurrected. He choked on his words, reeling back for a moment before looking at Reisen in amazement. "My father, is alive?!" The shade stepped forward, dropping the spectral leashes that chained the Voidspawn to him. However, they cowered behind the Shade, sensing his emotional instability, not daring to offend their lord and master. "Where is he?! I must see him! Please Reisen, bring me to him!"

Gale sobbed quietly in the midst of her Voidspawn jailers, seeing her lord, who she had thought dead for millenia, again, and in such a twisted mindset, had driven her to deep sorrow.

The Gates of the Starlight Forest

The large Voidspawn barked orders amidst the legions of Morgash, setting them up into several large blocks of monstrous warriors. He then walked through the rift in the back of the armies, disappearing into the space between planes.

Alchazzar, the Doomforges

The large Voidspawn stood on a balcony overlooking enormous workshops filled with thin, gangly Voidspawn laboring to create siege engines. Large Trebuchets, smaller Catapults, battering rams, and ballistas loaded with cruel hooked bolts.

A hulking voidspawn, still several feet shorter than the large one, approached. "Lord Haevora, the siege shops are producing your engines of war as fast as they can, but we will need two more days to fill the order you requested."

Lord Haevora snarled, turning to face the messenger. "You have one day. Lord Morgash requires the soul of the first Sorcerer, and I intend to deliver it to him, and gain his favor."

"Then why are you assaulting the Starlight Forest?! The Belsherai already told you that the soul was not there." the Messenger replied.

Lord Haevora lunged at him, slamming the messenger into the wall. "I refuse to believe that the guides of the souls of the dead, do not know where Hedrin is. I will tear down the walls of the Starlight forest to retrieve the information of where the soul resides, and then I will claim it. THEN, I, and I alone, will give the soul to Lord Morgash, ensuring my promotion!"
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-13 at 08:27 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1077

BlueWizardGirl

Michael and Sofia

Michael replied to the Emir, "We will." Michael and Sofia where dismissed, and Michael said to Sofia, "Let's go to the marketplace, I want to get something to eat, I'm not sure about you."

Spoiler
    Show
    If we can get some seafood or something, we can roleplay and talk more about our characters back-stories. I promise not all of my plots are this slow.

The Hunters

The guard responds to Randon, "By some force, the whole continent is under famine. Our great leader, Reddulch has ascended to divinity, he is now the holy emperor of the Mirage Empire"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not a god, but who knows what they tell guards.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Troll in the Playground

Advent of Hypocrisy

Spoiler
    Show
    Tylarch grew more powerful practicing on off days from his duties; His patience recounted with the rejection of the gods in the Mirage Empire. For a while, he was satisfied with mastering the magics he knew. He practiced unceasingly, even when he was tired, he pushed for one more spell, one less limit to what his mind could conjure. He did this for a long time. Eventually, he realized his power could only grow if he bound more souls; In essence, he had to kill to grow more powerful. He became a true lich, like the ones of Lokab, but he was still undercover in his position in the Mirage Empire. Tylarch gained many spells from his efforts too; he could hover a few feet from the ground and accelerate fast, essentially skating over kilometers in mere minutes once he had time to accelerate. He gained the ability to throw dark lightning and arc it to several targets, and many other spells.

He was not satisfied. As a lich, he hated the gods, he wanted more power than just a mortal could have so he could pose a real threat to one, like the liches always wanted to. He wanted to see the blood of a god. He wanted it so badly, he was willing to do anything, go to anyone to get it. He traveled off to the ruins of the Lokab Empire, untouched by time. The curses which had fell down on the land seemed to come from a source... Another source malevolent to the gods. He sought this source, he called on it, and for once in his life, he asked it for power. He prayed to Wigbach, a hypocritical thing to do, and the only time he had ever prayed, and he requested audience.

The Lich didn't need food or water yet he suddenly began to an uncontrollable want. He was starving all of a sudden. Wigbach was here.

This sentence is to inform you that praying to me is meaningless. This sentence is to inform you that I am not a god. This audience is because you are a god in doubt. This sentence is a thought: why do people suppose that starvation is lack of food? This sentence is an answer... they are wrong. This sentence explains that starvation is want; want for food, for faith, for power. This sentence asks: what do you want? This sentence serves as a final though: I can never help you, nothing can help you, if you want something, take, but it maters not in the end, for there is nothing in the end.

And just as quickly the Lich felt sated, he was no longer hungry, Wigbach had disappeared, but he felt the power...the hunger for power.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 5

Infuse Tylarch plus false spark: Enjoy your 2 AP a week

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Troll in the Playground

Pool of Divine Possibility

"Life is too kind a term for his current state." After what I made him. "But yes, he continues to act once more upon the fabric of creation. You will recognize him, though he is no longer the same, he is bound to the empty robes of his office."
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ettin in the Playground

The Halls of Death

Belsheroth bowed to Kipt and Aquaeris.
    "I do not fear the army that seeks to assault my gates for they can not be broken down. But, they interfere in my task and the task of my children."
    He nodded to the Light and to the Tear before continuing on.
    "However, at this time, my forces and Gwyn's forces will hold the line. Should reinforcements be required, then we shall call upon your aid.
    "With Gwyn and myself leading the charge, there is no doubt that the abominations that seek to cause such chaos will falter and be driven back."

The Fertile Valley

"I had overlooked that option. We do not keep very many animals in the Forests. Messenger birds would likely be the best solution, much less obvious than a person mounted on a hippogriff.
    "But you are correct, a combination of plans would be the best for security."

The Gates of the Forests of Starlight

The Belsherai watched the Voidspawn move, obviously preparing for some kind of futile attack. But they remained weary all the same.
    Hazael chuckled to himself that they could be so easily fooled. The best deceptions were the truth after all...

Dragons!