New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

The War of the North

As the northern army came into view the Imposter voiced a few commands and the army quickly got into formation. The Foot knights forming the front center with the horsed knights on either flank. The Calasanctium Regulars and the archery cohorts formed the rest of the line. 10 members of the order of the nameless knight formed around the captain, the rest were held in reserve to be deployed at Lieutenant Jennifer's discretion.

All in all, it seemed a straight forward battle plan. The Imposter was confident in Jennifer and Nettal's ability to adapt to the changing battlefield and he alone was enough to hold the front.

With a silent command issued to all of his officers the army advanced.

Spoiler
    Show
    @L_A: Is the Black Reach joining the battle between Cerune and the knights? They haven't engaged yet, but they are deploying.

Spoiler
    Show
    @AA: We'll play this out after he battle. The captain is going to send Nettal (who according to Elricaltovilla was pretty much the most powerful druid and an infused hero with an artifact), I still need to fill out his story, but we'll handle that after the campaign.

Also did you notice the party of emissaries in the Smallfolk province?

The Halls of Death

Gwyn nodded, "Thorondor, go to Anreydu and prepare the knights for battle."

Thorondor nodded.

Gwyn felt something then, it happened very rarily, but in occassions of excitement or emotional distress she could hear the thoughts of the Crone.

She mustn't know, she mustn't know

Thorondor prepared to take flight, then Gwyn snapped another order, "Belay that. I'll go myself, you stay with Belsheroth, you are to follow his orders as if they were my own."

Gwyn disappeared in a bolt of light and Thorondor pouted. Looking to Belsheroth he said, "I no like following orders. Just letting you know."

Anreydu-A Conversation Between Equals

Leon stood at attention watching the Crone work, the speed with which she accumulated knowledge was terrifying. She insisted he stand behind her, he didn't understand why, but he didn't question it.

The reason was much more vain then the Crone liked to admit. She simply didn't want him to see her puffy eyes.

"I'm almost done with the rules governing Space Time. Fetch me the tome containing the theories of... what was it called, atoms?"

Leon nodded, but before he could walk away another, much more familiar figure appeared in the room. "Belay that order, Leon, get Bjor tell him the knights are marching to war." Leon only gaped for a moment then he smiled.

"Yes Ma'am!" About time if you ask me

As Leon left the room the Crone turned to regard her Source. The tear stains, were evident. But Gwyn was too angry to feel sympathy for her.

"You've been keeping secrets from me."

The Crone did not answer. "I heard your thoughts today, 'she mustn't know, she mustn't know.' What mustn't I know? Have you sabotaged my attempts to leave this coil?"

The Crone's eyes widened, "Of course not!"

"Then tell me!"

"I..." What was the Crone? She was a part of Gwyn, that was certain. Gwyn thought The Crone was her instinct of self preversation. But that too was wrong. If that were true she wouldn't raise her shield, or defend herself from attack. She'd impale herself on divine sword, breath profane dreams.

No, The Crone was deeper than that. And what she was, couldn't lie to Gwyn any longer. She sighed. "turn around."

Gwyn turned and was directed to the same army threatening the gates of the Forest."What of it?"

"Does the essence not feel familiar to you?"

Gwyn nodded, but she couldn't place it. She thought of Vargull, but didn't feel his touch. Nor did it bear the mark of the one carrying her father's power.

"When you discover his identity, you will know why I tried to hide this from you."

Gwyn whirled on her, "So you still won't tell me??"

Finally the Crone grew angry, No! Because like a child putting her hand in the flame you seek knowledge that would only hurt you!"

"I am not a child!"

"Not a child? Ha! You haven't changed since your father formed you from an Inevitable. Trusting others to lead but not to do?? You would have gone to the Dreaming yourself. You would have gotten yourself without any plans to let others know why!! Where would that have left the rest of us? Where would that have left your uncle? Your friends? Your knights? Where would that have left your daughter??"

Gwyn backed away, "I... I have a daughter?"

"You had two sons as well, but they're both dead now. I don't know if you could have changed it."

"You didn't have the right."

"To what? Hide them from you? I did nothing of the sort. If your head wasn't so far up your own anus you would have noticed. You should have noticed. But you were locked up in here for months, not seeing another soul. For a time, you didn't care what happened in the world."

Gwyn backed against the wall, the Crone, was right. She hadn't cared, she hadn't looked at the world. She thought her work to save the world was more important than the people she was doing it for.

She frowned, it won't happen again.

The Crone smiled and watched as her resolve strengthened, she had expected as much. Gwyn was a good woman, she just needed to be shaken from complacency when it set in. What The Crone did not expect was a god to form from Gwyn's self realization from her resolve. Light poured from Gwyn's heart and pooled onto the floor, assuming a new shape.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

[Not The Opera, No. She Was More the Type Invited to Orgies or Mass Executions.]

"I see. Is there any way I can offer assistance, then?"

[True. AP, Then?]

The girl giggles, sounding surprisingly normal for someone planning to keep a Ravenkin as a pet.

"You don't really expect me to tell you my name, do you? And this is Arcadia, past the Hedge. Or at least, our part of it.

And what do you mean, 'why am I here'? Aren't you the one who's going to be keeping me company?"

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance to Hotarus

Isyldar saw Belsheroth approach him, and fled to the Void, to it's furthest corner.

Furthest Edge of the Void

He was afraid for the first time in his life. "He's going to kill me.. He's going to kill me.." chanted Isyldar, his mind slightly broken from the encounter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, it's not a Scythe of Doom. But would Isyldar know any better?

As Belsheroth didn't appear before him to smite him down with his Scythe of Doom*, he slowly got up from the floating piece of rock he had created to curl up in the fetal position on. "I must formulate a plan... But one that won't get noticed... How, how, how!" screamed Isyldar as tears of frustration sprang from his eyes, forming small pools of green energy below him. He brought his fallen tears up to his face, and then flung them out into the Void, watching the green energy sparkle as it faded into the distance. As he watched it fade, an idea came to him. It was brilliant, why hadn't he thought of it before!

He remembered what Morwenna the Archangel had looked like, but changed the form to suit his needs. It was a pale green colour, and was 7ft tall, with outstretched wings made of pure energy. It's right arm was a blade, made of the same energy as its wings. It's left arm was normal, but the fingers had very sharp claws, instead of fingernails. It had dark black hair, forming around its face with a certain grace and ferocity. All it wore was a cloak with holes for the wings. As he was thinking of this creation, it formed in front of him, and split into two. Then two became four. And so on and so forth until there were a thousand of them in front of him, flapping their wings in unison and having the exact same pointy-toothed grin of their creator. "We are complete, master!" they said in unison, echoing all around him as he grinned in triumph.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start AP: 13.

Create Fabled Life AP4: The Awakened are the followers of Isyldar, following his every order and whim. They can fly, and multiply by splitting themselves into two upon command. They are ferocious, and trained in many forms of combat from the second they split. They revel in chaos, just like their master does.

Bless AP4: The Awakened are blessed with the will of Isyldar, making them extremely resilient to another deities powers. This will take 5AP to break.

Form Organisation AP2: The Awakening is the army of Isyldar, formed of The Awakened.

End AP: 3.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

The Edge of the Void

Almost immediately after Isyldar had amassed his army of Awakened, hundreds of black forms descended as a swarm upon the god, screeching as they approached. A hundred feet away, they stopped, the Voidspawn snarling angrily. One of them, a large one wearing purple armor, stepped forward on wings of sickly green energy. "You trespass upon the Realm of the Voidspawn... but I am not here because of that... Lord Morgash wishes to speak to you, godling." the large Voidspawn pointed to Isyldar, scowling.

Pools of Divine Possibility

"Bah, I'll find him on my own." The shade said, fleeing through the rift along with his Voidspawn.

Alchazzar, Spire of the Damned

Morgash drifted through the Chamber the Voidspawn had prepared for him, cursing and thinking of what to do. He extended his power, conjuring a curtain of green flame before him. The curtain cleared, showing an image of a twisting and crackling stream of energy. All throughout the cosmos, evil gods heard Morgash's call.

"Children of darkness, lords of evil... I call upon you, join me in Alchazzar. Join me in the Dark space between worlds. I beseech thee, join me, and we can together accomplish anything..."

Morgash, the Shade, dismissed the curtain of flame, drifting to the side of the room, gazing out upon Alchazzar. "Soon... the light will feel my vengeance... those who could have saved me... they will all suffer..."

Spoiler
    Show
    10 AP - 2 AP - 2 AP = 6 AP
    Create Land: Voidlands. These floating islands throughout the Void are home to many Voidspawn. Alchazzar is situated on one of the largest such islands.
    Create organization: The Damned. The Damned are the personal servants of Morgash the returned. He is their only lord and master. All Voidspawn, as well as Gale, are members of the Damned. Their loyalty to Morgash is unshakable, and they all vie for his favor.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-14 at 04:14 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord2831 View Post
    The Edge of the Void

Almost immediately after Isyldar had amassed his army of Awakened, hundreds of black forms descended as a swarm upon the god, screeching as they approached. A hundred feet away, they stopped, the Voidspawn snarling angrily. One of them, a large one wearing purple armor, stepped forward on wings of sickly green energy. "You trespass upon the Realm of the Voidspawn... but I am not here because of that... Lord Morgash wishes to speak to you, godling." the large Voidspawn pointed to Isyldar, scowling.
    The Awakened clustered around Isyldar, preventing any harm from coming to him, but Isyldar pushed them away so he could see these new creatures. "I welcome Lord Morgash with open arms, creature. Let him know that I mean him no harm, and that he can speak to me whenever he so wishes" said Isyldar respectfully.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-09-14 at 05:01 PM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    The Awakened clustered around Isyldar, preventing any harm from coming to him, but Isyldar pushed them away so he could see these new creatures. "I welcome Lord Morgash with open arms, creature. Let him know that I mean him no harm, and that he can speak to me whenever he so wishes" said Isyldar respectfully.
    The armored Voidspawn nodded. "Then follow us, Lord Isyldar." he turned, motioning to the voidspawn warriors he had brought with him. The gathered together, tearing at the empty space between them, opening a rift to Alchazzar. "Lord Morgash is through this rift. Feel free to bring your armies, Alchazzar has space enough for ten million warriors, and the Voidspawn there number only five hundred thousand."
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-14 at 05:13 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

The armored Voidspawn nodded. "Then follow us, Lord Isyldar." he turned, motioning to the voidspawn warriors he had brought with him. The gathered together, tearing at the empty space between them, opening a rift to Alchazzar. "Lord Morgash is through this rift. Feel free to bring your armies, Alchazzar has space enough for ten million warriors, and the Voidspawn there number only five hundred thousand."
    "Become five thousand, my Awakened, so as to reassure myself of this Morgash's intent" whispered Isyldar in their thoughts. The Awakened merely rose their bladed arm above them and roared, splitting themselves until they were five thousand strong. With this, Isyldar broke into his pointy grin, walking calmly into the rift to Alchazzar, with his five thousand Awakened surrounding him as a barrier to any Voidspawn who may try and harm him.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

Alchazzar, Court of Rifts

Isyldar stride through the rift, arriving within an enormous courtyard, at least a thousand yards long, filled with Voidspawn flying from one Rift to another. The armored Voidspawn, nodded to Isyldar. "The Lord is in the Chamber of the Damned, within the Central spire." he pointed to the huge, two mile tall tower that dominated the center of the enormous city. "VOIDSPAWN!" he yelled. "Lord Isyldar has arrived, clear a path for him and his armies to the Chamber of the Damned!"

Hundreds of Voidspawn stopped what they were doing to clear a long path to the central tower.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-14 at 05:19 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

Isyldar strode through the rift, arriving within an enormous courtyard, at least a thousand yards long, filled with Voidspawn flying from one Rift to another. The armored Voidspawn, nodded to Isyldar. "The Lord is in the Chamber of the Damned, within the Central spire." he pointed to the huge, two mile tall tower that dominated the center of the enormous city. "VOIDSPAWN!" he yelled. "Lord Isyldar has arrived, clear a path for him and his armies to the Chamber of the Damned!"

Hundreds of Voidspawn stopped what they were doing to clear a long path to the central tower.

"Thank you, Voidspawn" said Isyldar as he strode through the Court to the Central Spire with The Awakening at his back, flying above and around him. As he reached the Central Spire, he walked through, ignoring anything else along the way. This sudden summons from Morgash had Isyldar intrigued. He reached the Chamber of the Damned. "You summoned me Lord Morgash. What is it I can do for you?" said Isyldar with his typical grin, his green eyes burning with curiousity. The Awakening merely hovered around him, watching Morgash and any of the Voidspawn nearby for any sudden movement.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-09-14 at 11:02 PM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull, Alchazzar

Hearing the summons, a being appeared in Morgash's realm. It was the spirit of Vargull, the god who had once brought blade to Morgash himself, but at once it seemed it was not Vargull. His power, more than his appearance, betrayed a change. The wolf could not easily be seen, for the being appeared more like the shade of smoke and fire that had begun to waste when the divine disease struck, but his spirit belied no weakness. A crown of smoke, and burning eyes stared at the returned Sorcerer, the Claidheamh Vaolg the only seemingly solid thing about him. Behind the god was a legion of ghosts. The Horde, left to him by Halasht's passing. "You called. I have answered."

War in the North

The armies of the Black Reach, seemingly no less organized than those of the Calsanctium, began to array themselves for battle. Imperator Vuk'Garan bellowed commands, his inhuman, unnatural voice roaring across the battlefield to be heard by his many subcommanders, who did not need to strain overmuch to here him.

Arrays of spearmen and swordsmen fanned out and began to march ahead, bowmen advancing behind them with huge compound bows. Many Ember Spirits led such groups as subcommanders. The elite of the Black Reach, the Ember Corp, the Warg Cavalry, warriors armored in mockery of the Knights across great Warg warriors similarly outfitted in heavy spiked armors, and the berserker kill squads of Lycanthropes and North Men, all being organized and marched against the enemy.

The banners raised high, and the roars of the Black Reach raised even higher. A thousand hungry voices gave praise to Vargull as they called for the blood of the Calsanctium, the Imperator's voice louder than all others, while inside he laughed cruelly at the Calsanctium. He Who loved Vargull loved War, and he who loved War always won.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

The Shade turned his head, the only solid feature about him were to angry pinpoints of light where his eyes would be. He chuckled, "Welcome Vargull, Isyldar... so glad you could make it to witness the birth of dark vengeance." he said, motioning to a door on the far side of the room. It was flung open, and a single soul, bound by spectral chains, was dragged by three Voidspawn into the center of the room. Morgash raised his hand slightly, engulfing the soul in sickly green fire. As it burned, two of the Voidspawn began to set plates of rusty metal armor around the soul, hammering them into place. The third Voidspawn waited.

Moments passed as Morgash began to send bolts of purple lightning into the burning soul. The screams of agony one would expect to hear were absent, as if the Soul either enjoyed the pain, or could not feel it. The Armor plates were nearly completely assembled, a suit of rusted armor encasing the conflagrated soul. Finally, the third Voidspawn acted, leaping into the flames, burning itself into oblivion. "Rise, godling, rise and aid the darkness, take vengeance upon those who have wronged you, and tear down the walls of heaven!" Morgash shouted, his voice echoing across Alchazzar and the Void.

The Flames died out, and Morgash's lightning stopped. The two voidspawn who had hammered the armor into place looked at the figure nervously, seeming to be about to run. An Angry glare from Morgash ensured that they stayed put. "Rise... son."

Spoiler
    Show
    Birthing our newest evil god of vengeance, Setebos.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

Anreydu

A package for Gwyn arrived on the front steps. Any mortal who looked inside would see something not worth stealing but worth delivering to Gwyn, any god would see a glowing red orb. The orb had a note attached to it: Called to a meeting of dark gods - need to appear alone. Keep it secret. Keep it safe.

Spoiler
    Show
    20AP-4AP=16AP

Create Relic: Eye of Ombra

A red orb about the size of a basketball that can be used for scrying on the mortal realm. It also links directly with Ombra's mind and allows him to send information to it, for later playback. Anyone touching it delibrately can see whatever is playing on it, but only a god can decide what is actually being shown.

Currently he's sending information on the meeting he's attending - keeping the actual location secret but otherwise showing everything exactly as he sees it.

Alchazzar

Ombra stepped from the shadows. Aside from his glowing red eyes, his face was obscured in shadows beneath his hood like always, but there was a definite smile in his eyes for a few seconds. It then faded as he looked at what was left of the high warlock.

...Hello father... or what's left of him.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Troll in the Playground

The Despoiling

Mortals took on the false sparks he had given them and slowly some of the populace began to see that mortals could rise to the heights of gods... he would have to show them that they also had the potential to fall as gods did. For gods were but mere men, who were simply around longer - he should know... or not.

And so Wigbach whispered through hungry stomachs and false beliefs the secrets of despoiling.... and some heard, some turned a deaf ear towards it. But some heard...

The Call

Wigbach heard the call, but it had called him lord. He was no lord nor god of evil... he was nothing... he did not care.. and so he did not go.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 5

Create fabled concept 4: Despoilers are those, who draw their power from sacrificing the lifeforce inherent in all things to fuel their spells, including their own at times; By augmenting their own magic they deplete the water, minerals and life-force of everything around them. People feel hungry the soil stops providing nutrients necessary to grow and the water loses its oxygen making life impossible. Any magician of any type can be a despoiler.... all it means is it boosts previous magic to unimaginable levels... by making the world a slightly worse place to live.

Up to you if any of your magicians becomes a Despoiler. Just remember its not a separate magic nor is it inherently evil. But each use of it makes magic much much stronger but makes the surrounding area that much more unsuitable for life.
    AP 1

14. - Top - End - #1094

The War in the North

The Captain held his forces back. Where there was great clamor among the enemies the knights made no movement. Perhaps, perhaps they held their enemies in contempt? Viewed them as unworthy to meet them in true battle? But this was not true. The Captain, cloaked by darkness began to stride forward, alone and unaided.

He looked at the approaching army and he smiled. Burying the Drownsword tip deep in the Earth. He made no other motion. Fearlessly staring down the approaching army waving no flag of truce, issuing no call for single combat, he simply stood there incredibly still.

Anreydu

One of the Inevitables found the package, but waited at the door to Gwyn's study, thinking perhaps something important was happening on the other side. The Crone appeared next to him and held out a hand. Wordlessly the Inevitable handed it over.

She looked into it and smiled, "Oh Ombra, you'd destroy what hope I have of her sanity."

She stiffened when she saw what was left of Gwyn's brother. There were comments to make now, but none that were appropriate for mixed company.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-14 at 09:34 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

15. - Top - End - #1095

The Fertile Valley

With the oversight of woodworkers, breeders, Cera, and Zerachiel, frameworks to the watchtowers were completed in no time. Soon, they would put up paneling as well, and the project seemed to be a big success so far. The towers looked like they would blend well into the surroundings. They had rafters and escape doors for eagles, stables for hippogriffs, and accommodation for attendants.

The Hunters

"That's not good," Randon replied. He had seen the famine of his own accord, and known something was unnatural or divine about it. The second statement about Reddulch ascending to divinity took Randon by surprise. "Ascended to divinity? Truly?" he sounded confused, "do your people not worship Tresingiis anymore?"

Smallfolk Province
    Spoiler
    Show
    Uhhh I actually saw it, then forgot about it sorry about that.

The people of the town slowly emerged to see who the newcomers were. It was a small town, barely qualifying as a town, it consists of about six houses. Most of the land around them are grassy plains stretching far on all directions, forming a narrow strip of beach covered by rocks as it hits the sea. There was a wild wind, and some of the residents with longer hair were having trouble keeping it out of their eyes.

The Halflings were certainly no stranger to travelers, but the ship could have been a spaceship to them. "Hello," says a woman with a small child in her arm. She is well dressed, as are the rest of them, and despite her child she doesnt look too old, although maybe the oldest of the Halflings gathered. "Who might you be, may I ask?" The woman speaks with suspicion, but also a certain inviting warmth as well.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, my son... god of deception, lies, and betrayal. Welcome to Alchazzar, the beginning of the end." The Shade faced Ombra, his red pinpoints of light growing hotter and more angry. Several Voidspawn around the room became uneasy, edging away from Morgash. "Welcome, all of you... please make yourselves comfortable whilst we await the rest of my guests arrival."

Gates of the Starlight Forest

The Legions of the Voidspawn began swarming to those Belsherai who guided souls to the Starlit Forest, attacking those who guided the soul of a mage, sorcerer, witch, warlock, or Wizard. They would attack in overwhelming numbers, at least odds of six to one. Some of them would snatch the soul away, while the others would fight the Belsherai with their claws of Negative energy, their thick hides and Nullforged Armor making them hard targets to hit.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-14 at 09:45 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Orc in the Playground

Alchazzar
    Dralcor heard the call, thought on it's validity for a moment, then saw possible profit. Needless to say he went straight to the void.

Dragonloft(below)
    You go down 50 steps then come across a hall that goes on to a spiral staircase going up.

DragonLoft
    Draltom was eating breakfast when one of his friends asked if he wanted to go raiding, "Hey, Draltom wanna go raiding?!" Draltom wanted to finish breakfast so he responded by saying, "Sure, right after breakfast."
    Last edited by Markadelf; 2012-09-14 at 10:00 PM.
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

18. - Top - End - #1098

Anreydu

The knights mounted their steeds and took flight with Bjor at their head. 1,000 of the greatest knights in history atop the greatest steeds ever conceived made their way to the Forest of Starlight.

Of course, the Inevitables watched the events with great interest, if the enemy appeared in the least successful, they would have to intervene.

V-65 noted everything happening using two of his many arms. This, this was fascinating.

The Smallfolk Province

The small with them stepped forward, "I'm Kuruk Ambassador and tradesman representing the Hidden Isle."

He bowed a custom adopted so that goblins didn't feel awkward trying to shake someone's hand, what with their claws and all.

"Apologies, but my nation has been in isolation for some time, so you will forgive me if I say I've never heard of, nor seen your race. What god made you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    They've probably never heard of the Isle. Since Monte Mora and Free Port are the only ones to have ever had contact with them at this point.

The Halls of Death

A note appeared before Belsheroth, The knights are deployed and headed to support your Belsherai. But something has happened here that requires my immediate attention. Regardless it should not impede my promise to stand beside you. Just tear this piece of paper when you have need of me.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

19. - Top - End - #1099

BlueWizardGirl

Power

In terms of gods, many things are comprehensible, absolute, lucid, and even finite. Gods created the universe. Gods created time, space, and the cosmos. The power to create and destroy is evident. The power of thought and sovereignty are clear. There are few things not known to the lords of creation. Mortals deal with the unknown constantly. They struggle with power, sometimes they don't have control. Men, goblins, creatures of the realm and beyond struggle with mortality on a daily basis. Some mortals have the power themselves, to move cultures and kingdoms; The power to wage war, crush continents and bind one another into slavery only comes to a few. Mortals, their only existence is to struggle for power; Some struggle for the power over others so that they can steal power from one another. Some struggle for the power over land so that they can own their existence. Still others struggle for the power to help, to increase the power of their people, and their vitality. Most can only struggle for the power to survive. Day to day, month to month, year to year, a stick in the mud only to be washed away by the flood as less than dust in the wind. It's only a wonder how they manage to do it.

For as long as the gods have existed, no mortal has challenged them. There are those who have tried, only in vain. The Lichlords fell in an eerie flash, followed by Lokab who where shot down in the same manner. The gods have proven their shortsightedness, their selfishness. If only a counsel of nine could work together, in broad daylight with all of their power, the world would never have had to fight evil. In stead, all these Lords of creation have made is in endless strife. Still, there are those mortals who would like to believe that their gods are good, benevolent, even peaceful. There have always been those who don't care, considering that the gods shouldn't or would never care about a simpleton like themselves. Now there are the atheists of this world, who believe the same as the liches, united that the gods are no better than mortals. They would not or cannot put their differences aside and create the utopia that they would have, had they any humility. Their strife goes unanswered for, after all, who would dare question a god?

Tylarch has undergone a change. He has believed in the quests of the lichlords since he was a boy, a young ravenkin with no family, sparse friends and tough times. He has struggled for the power to survive for so long he thought there was no alternative. He has gained power, political, magical, and now even divine. He sets off from the ruins of Lokab, swearing vengeance on the gods. Vengeance for their ignorance, for their irresponsibility, for their damned stupidity! Nearly everything he stood for was destroyed by a god, mostly everything he knew and everybody he knew where destroyed by a god. He wanted blood. Now, with his transformation, it could be perceived that he craved power before, and he craves it more now. That perception would be wrong. He wanted vengeance before. He wants it more so now. Power is a means to his end, which he indulges himself in getting, and by yearning for vengeance, he yearns for more power.

He set off from his broken past, left behind in the ruins of this desolate Lokab city ruin. He couldn't go back to Tulmany, his aura had grown. His physical features changed. He vomited when his insides changed with revolt of this new power. He was different and yet, the same as he ever was. His power manifests as a new miraculous field around him. Anything that enters within 7.337 meters of him notices a power about him. A frightening aura that would scare off anyone who was weak of heart. Physically, he was stronger and faster than any mortal could be. This was not his strength, his strength lies in the divine level of his spells.

Tulmany

The guard responded to Randon, concerned. "Some of us do, I don't really know anymore. The capitol here is worshiping Reddulch openly, but some of them disagree on what that means. Many don't believe in divinity at all." He glanced around to see who else was watching. "A lot of them think that they are worshiping Tresingiis by worshiping Reddulch as if by legacy, but if you ask me, Reddulch is mad!" He spoke with great stress, sternly, but quietly. Like he was really angry, but he was in a library so he couldn't scream. "Rather than helping his people through famine, he asks for what is already hard to come by. He has what's left of the crops be brought to his keep for the leaders."

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alchazzar, Court of the Rifts]

Savorla heard the call of Morgash from deep in Netheli, where she lay upon her velvet couch, and sent one of her own out to the Fae, commanding them to send those they had changed, for looking out she saw the armies gathering, and would not arrive unescorted.

So with her, to the gathering in Alchazzar, came men and women of wood and stone, fire and water, air and darkness. Ones with the form of beasts, some chained and leashed still by their Fae handlers, others in more human seeming, and still more who were fairer than any yet seen, save the Elves they served, along with some who seemed small and shrunken, yet carried weapons and wore armor that gave off strange power. And, finally, huge brutes, massively strong, and amazingly hearty, clearly made for pure strength.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alchazzar, Court of the Rifts]

Savorla heard the call of Morgash from deep in Netheli, where she lay upon her velvet couch, and sent one of her own out to the Fae, commanding them to send those they had changed, for looking out she saw the armies gathering, and would not arrive unescorted.

So with her, to the gathering in Alchazzar, came men and women of wood and stone, fire and water, air and darkness. Ones with the form of beasts, some chained and leashed still by their Fae handlers, others in more human seeming, and still more who were fairer than any yet seen, save the Elves they served, along with some who seemed small and shrunken, yet carried weapons and wore armor that gave off strange power. And, finally, huge brutes, massively strong, and amazingly hearty, clearly made for pure strength.
    Alchazzar, Court of the Rifts

"Greetings Mother. Like my newest creation?" said Isyldar as he gestured to The Awakening surrounding him. They all raised their non-bladed arms in salute to Savorla and shouted "We love you, mother of our creator!". "Aren't they sweet? And I didn't even teach them that!" said Isyldar with a sparkle in his eye.

"How many more of us are there to gather here, Lord Morgash?" said Isyldar impatiently. "I have things to see, nations to destroy, the world to conquer and all that jazz*".

Spoiler
    Show
    Speaking of jazz, has it been created yet, or should I make a race of jazz-men?

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ettin in the Playground

The War of the North

The army of Cerune, outnumbered as they were by the Calasanctians, withdrew to a strong defensive position. They would have to rely on stealth, cunning and a few underhanded tactics to get through this. Fortunately, they were aligned with the armies of the Black Reach against the Knights, an uneasy alliance, but an alliance nonetheless.
    They watched the other armies position themselves from atop a steep hill and the ruined monastery built there long ago by Calasanctian missionaries.
    Their forces, along with Cerunite siege weapons and archers, should easily be able to distract the main body of Knights. A column of fast horseman rode South to cut the supply lines of the Calasanctian army while sorcerers and assassins trained in the art of stealth slipped into the camp of the Knights and poisoned and spoiled as much food as they could.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hope no one minds me writing the Cerunites into the battle. They won't do much except really inconvenience the Knights.
    @Yeshon: Up to you how successful their campaign of poisoning and supply line cutting is. Ideally, I'd prefer it to be about half successful.

The Halls of Death

Belsheroth looked Thorondor in the eye.
    "It also appears that you don't like following grammar either."
    When the note appeared, he read it and placed it into a pocket on the inside of his cloak.
    "Thorondor, it is time for us to depart."
    Separating a shard of himself, Belsheroth grabbed Thorondor gently and teleported them both to the Gates of the Forests.

I Have A Subtle Feeling She'd Like Belsheroth As Much As He Would Despise Her

No. Not at this time.
    It was a pleasure speaking to you Lady Savorla, but now I really must focus.

Could Work, But I Don't Think We Can Transfer AP

Her laughter set his teeth on edge, it just felt so unnatural. Still, no point trying to escape just yet, he didn't know exactly where he was. The Hedge and Arcadia meant nothing to him.
    "If by keeping you company, you mean being taken from my home and forced into slavery, then probably."

The Depths of Hell

Belsheroth watched as Isyldar ran. Next time, he'd have to try harder at provoking him.
    He turned to regard the dimension he was in. With great exasperation, he sighed. If it weren't for the necessity of this place, he'd destroy it because it caused too much trouble. He left, but not without putting a precaution in place.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 11
    Bless: Belsheroth is aware of any and all happenings in Hell.
    Remaing AP: 10

The Gates of the Forests of Starlight

Belsheroth arrived, mounted and scythe in hand, Thorondor in tow. He saw how the Voidspawn interfered and he grew angry.
    "Thorondor, remain here."
    He rode out to face the Voidspawn alone. They were easy enough to destroy. The Starscythe cut through their flesh and his warhorse trampled them with hooves as sharp as diamond. Waves of darkness and starlight swept through their ranks. And he spoke to them and bade them deliver a message. His voice was soft, but they all heard it as though it was whispered into their very minds. And soft though it was, it was terrifying.
    Voidspawn. Your transgressions on this day are inexcusable. Go to your lord who is the false Morgash and inform him that should he interfere with my task and the tasks of my children again, I will come for him and tear down his every creation and erase your miserable race from existence.

The Void

Life was hard for the Wandering Stars since the Voidspawn had arrived. Previously, they had been free to roam the Void and the space between the stars, praying on lesser void creatures. But now creatures of darkness were everywhere, and their hunting grounds were reduced.
    They muttered angrily and were forced to hunt lone Voidspawn. So bland... So slimy... They missed the good old days.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 10
    Create Life: Lesser Void Creatures. There are numerous kinds of these. Mostly, they feed off starlight and void energies and are preyed upon by Wandering Stars.
    Remaining AP: 9
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgash bowed his head to Savorla as she entered. "Welcome, Lady Savorla, to the beginning of the end." The Shade chuckled to himself. "We will wait only a little longer, than this meeting will commence in full." he said to all of the gathered gods. With a wave of his hand, Voidspawn dragged large, jagged black stone throne out from a side door, setting one up for each god in attendance. The Shade did not have a throne, and did not sit, simply floating about near the center of the room. Do not worry, Isyldur, you will not regret waiting. We have may common interests, I assure you."

The Gates of Starlight

The Voidspawn scattered as Belsheroth approached, fleeing in all directions. The Legion camped around the rift stayed resolute, unwavering. When Belsheroth approached one group of the Voidspawn who were kidnapping mage souls, two more groups would attack where he was not. It seemed that no matter how many of them fell, they did not loose any morale. They were zealots in the deepest sense. They refused to falter, and still, a steady stream of Mage souls went through the Rift, into the Void.

Several larger Voidspawn flew out to meet Belsheroth, not in battle, but to deliver a message of their own. "Lord Haevor demands the soul of the first Sorcerer, Hedrin! Until he has the soul, we cannot, and will not, leave this place! It is your choice, oh False-death, bring us the soul, or the attacks will continue for eternity!"

The Void

The Voidspawn seemed to be an endless tide, more and more of them flew out of Alchazzar and Reiksguard every hour. They scoured the reaches of the Void, dragging any materials they could back to their black and jagged void-cities. Large packs of them roamed, descending upon anything they found and tearing it apart, or capturing it, to be taken to the torture chambers below Alchazzar.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-15 at 12:21 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

The glowing figure of the godling drifted ever so slightly above the ground, lingering in the air like the sounds of there thousands anguish screams that had echoed throughout the room only moments before. The sounds
    degraded into nothingness, and in the quietness the godly figure all at once dropped down to the ground, his armor clanking from the sudden pull of gravity.

The two voidspawn instinctively regressed a half step in opposite directions, but the dark magic that originally gave them life also prevented them from moving any further away. The godling raised his his chin up ever so slightly and connected gazes with one of them. The godling's eyes were searching, and for a moment there was a perfect stillness to them much like a child seeing an ocean for the first time. Then it was gone.

His arm sprung forth towards the voidspawn in an instant, and in instant it drove itself through it. The force was so powerful that not only the voidspawn he pierced shattered into gory, unnatural bits of guts and energy,
    but so did the one standing adjacent of them from the mere force of power, sending pieces of them all over the room. He stood there, eyes focused on his gore covered arm, moving it ever so slightly back and forth as if he could feel the sliding of the Voidspawn remains over his thick armor.

He blinked and under his breath spoke softly. "I was once the hero known as Setebos...."

He rolled his eyes back and tried to breathe in the death that had just occured. He refocused on Morgash.

"And to you my Father...", a simple smile formed crookedly on his face, "thank you."

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ettin in the Playground

The Gates of the Forests of Starlight

If that is what your god wants... Eternity it shall be...
    Belsheroth raised his scythe. Light in all colours of the rainbow shone forth from it, falling upon the Voidspawn, searing their flesh from their bones, crumbling them to ashes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 10 + 8 (rollover) + 2 PAP
    Curse: The armies of Voidspawn that encamp themselve before the Forests are destroyed and reduced to ashes.
    Bless: Any souls taken by the Voidspawn are returned and sent beyond the Gates of the Forests to safety.
    Remaining AP: 18
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-09-15 at 01:09 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ogre in the Playground

I Have A Subtle Feeling She'd Like Belsheroth As Much As He Would Despise Her

No. Not at this time.
    It was a pleasure speaking to you Lady Savorla, but now I really must focus.

Could Work, But I Don't Think We Can Transfer AP

Her laughter set his teeth on edge, it just felt so unnatural. Still, no point trying to escape just yet, he didn't know exactly where he was. The Hedge and Arcadia meant nothing to him.
    "If by keeping you company, you mean being taken from my home and forced into slavery, then probably."

[She Would Have Adored Him, Yes. Or At Least, I Think She Would. You'd Have to Ask Mystic.]

Savorla sends the impression of a nod, and withdraws the contact, which is probably around when she heard Morgash's call.

[There Was A God Who Pretty Much Lived On Transferred AP, And We can Share It For Anything But Gaining Domains, So I Don't See Why Not...]

The girl frowns, looking a bit upset about that, and rather confused... Which is when her father, the same man who took Kyran, enters.

"He's still not quite thinking clearly, I'm afraid, dear. As I said, he was hit rather hard in the head when he fell off the horse on the way; he needs bit more time to recover. Now run along for a while; I have some things I need to try to make him recover."

At that, the girl's smile returns, and she nods, quickly heading out of the room.

"That was most unwise. I told you that making her unhappy would have... Consequences. Yet you insisted on telling her how I took you. So now, you must pay the price."

Kyran probably finds himself completely paralyzed as the Fae speaks; if so, his tongue will be removed, and a new one put in it's place, which will give him little or no control over what he says, instead forcing him to try to make the girl think that he came willingly.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

Alchazzar, Forge of Souls

The Souls of dead Mages streamed into the Forge of souls, and suddenly, they were gone. A thousand thousand souls, gone in the blink of an eye. The warlock-engineers who were readying the souls for experimentation dropped their Nullforged tools, their jaws dropping in awe. One of the Voidspawn broke into a sprint, heading towards the Spire of the Damned...

Gates of Starlight

Death, only death... in an instant of blind deific rage, thirty thousand Voidspawn were obliterated completely. Nothing remained of what once stood a mere thousand yards from the Gates of Heaven. The Rift that was their link home, had collapsed as the Voidspawn were incinerated.

The Forest of Starlight, and the Belsherai, were safe... at least for now.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ettin in the Playground

But Would It Work As An Effective Currency?

Kyran couldn't move. Obviously, this man was some sort of sorcerer. He tried to resist, but he couldn't. He managed to say a few words;
    "You're a monster, whatever you are! I hope you burn in-"
    But his voice was cut off and he felt great pain, like someone was burning his tongue. He blacked out, but was quickly awoken. The pain was gone, but something felt wrong.

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull, Alchazzar

The burning war-god looked to Morgash as he surveyed the gods arriving. He spoke slowly, as if he had grown unused to speaking with others. "So you gather we young and old to your doorstep, spark of the ancient. Perhaps you could enlighten me to what end? It seems perhaps you have War on the mind. This would be most excellent."
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2012-09-15 at 02:21 AM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

[Nysv Certainly Used Them That Way.]

"In Hell? No, I think not. Even were I to die, my soul would remain here in Netheli."

The last thing Kyran heard as he blacked out would be the sound of cold laughter...

---

The man smiled at Kyran from his place across the room, where he was idly lounging in an armchair, in front of a fire, though it was subtly off, tinged with malice, and with a sadistic undercurrent.

"Good morning, Kyran. Would you tell me how you got here, please?"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-09-15 at 02:28 AM.