New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

An Unusual Activity To Say The Least

Kyran stared at the man and tried to speak. His tongue felt strange and wouldn't let him speak. Eventually he managed to stammer a response.
    "I d-d-don't re-re-member. There- There was- a horse."
    He tried to speak the truth and denounce the man as a petty criminal and thug, but he couldn't get the words out. Eventually, with resignation, he answered again in a dull monotone.
    "You brought me here on a horse. I slipped and fell on the way. I am to serve as companion to your daughter."
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Halls of Death

Aquaeris smiled softly and turned, his features shimmering out of existence.

Freeport

A monstrous being roared to his insane cult as he felt power suffuse his being.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Cult-Beast of Freeport: 1 AP.
    Wow. Last mentioned that guy a long time ago.

Monte Mora

The mistress of magic felt a new strength.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alene: 1 AP.
    She is also now a despoiler.

Peafowlkin Lands

Aqar and Aris felt strength coming over them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aqar: 1 AP (despoiler now)
    Aris 1 AP.
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-09-15 at 06:19 AM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ettin in the Playground

Snow Haven

King Stephen had sent out a call for sorcerers and druids powerful to aid them against the spread of pollution, but none had answered them. It was very frustrating. It had taken him months to secure the services of Madame Woodsworth, and she had turned out to be dangerously insane.
    He was seated on the royal throne, tapping his fingers against the arm while listening to a dull speech. He looked at his youngest daughter, Princess Kaitlyn, she was getting ready to pounce at the first moment of weakness. If only there was some way for him to solve all the issues that loomed over his head!
    Suddenly his heart rate quickened and he felt a great pain in his chest. He collapsed out of his throne and onto the floor.
    He woke up some hours later after the court physicians and clerics had gone over him.
    "Father? Are you awake?"
    It was Kaitlyn.
    "Yes. I'm fine. Tell me, what exactly happened?"
    "Doctor Skyren says you had a mild heart attack and he suggests bed rest and to not push yourself in future."
    He could almost hear the smirk she was suppressing so well.
    "Nonsense! I feel fine! In fact, I feel better than fine!"
    Stephen stood up, but stumbled a bit.
    "Father... Doctor Skyren is an accomplished physician, he knows what he's talking about. Now, lie down and try to- Father? What's happening?
    "Nurse, get Doctor Skyren and Chaplain Viceren at once!"

The nurse hurried from the room, eager to put as much difference between her and the King as possible.
    Somehow, Stephen was levitating, an aura of silver light radiating out from him, almost blinding Kaitlyn and forcing her to look away.
    When she looked again after the light had dissipated, she saw her father, but he was not the same. His hair had returned to the golden colour it was in his youth and his eyes glowed with inner light. Faint wings of light had sprouted from his back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The King of the Calasanctians now bears a false spark. It's too late for me to post any more this evening, so you'll have to wait for tomorrow before you know what he does with it.
    And by wings of light, I mean king of like Tyrael, but really faint.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

4. - Top - End - #1114

BlueWizardGirl

Shreddokk City

Here was the old capitol of the tribes. It used to be the most prosperous city, now as poor as the orphans of Freeport. There are only two cities in the Mirage Empire, and for a good reason. The tribes look after one another through such famine in their enclaves scattered across the desert. Here, there are no tribes, just a city where the capital used to be. There where groups, however, in the city where the sand dusts the streets; There was a group who worshiped Tresingiis had to go underground, in the sense that nobody would put up with them. The two groups that where prevalent where the group that worshiped Reddulch, and the group who worshiped nobody at all, for they stopped worshiping the divine when they stopped believing they where anything but powerful mortals. The groups where vulnerable to shortsightedness and exchanged blows in the street sometimes.

Enter: Tylarch, the leader of the smithing guild. He was clearly different to the few who saw him enter the town at such an hour. He issued some orders in the middle of the night to the guild before entering his study, not to be disturbed, not to be seen. He plotted; he sat there in the dark and planned his next move. To make progress, he had to go up in a lot of power quickly, but without drawing attention. He had to do something bold. Arrangements had been made and things where set in motion, so a day later, he left in the same midnight hour he got there in. Off to Garrug's cave where he could hope for help of the old lich in his next plot.

"Garrug, do you still remember the liches of Lokab? You'll like what I'm about to do." He had a grin on his face that spoke more than his secret-revealing tone. "We're taking this land back from the lizards."

Reddulch

A poor woman from the city of Tulmany begs for her family.
    "Oh, great Emperor, can you ease our suffering? End this famine, give us food. Oh, please great emperor."

"I will do what I see fit! Not what some old woman wants me to do."

"But. . . Please, just help us. . . Your people: They're suffering"

" I don't have time for this; Guards! Get her out of here."

"WHY? You could end our strife! You could -" She was hit in the stomach, and tossed out of Reddulch's brand new throne room.

He and the rest of the leaders and clerics where living in comfort and peace, ignoring the rest of the nation. They didn't care about strife and they didn't see the rest coming. While Tylarch prepared for war,Reddulch was blissfully unaware that any other force in the Mirage Empire might exist. He reaps the boons of being emperor, and it seems like he could go on like this forever.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ogre in the Playground

Alchazzar, Spire of the Damned

"Welcome to life my son, please, stay and listen to this meeting, I hope you'll enjoy my proposals..." The Shade turned to Vargul, drifting a little closer to him. "You are more observant than I remember Vargull... I do indeed have war on my mind, and if you all will hear me out and join me, it will be the greatest war the universe has ever known."

Dralcor arrived, and the shade grinned maliciously. "Good, we are all in attendance then. Welcome to the beginning of the end, Dralcor."

The Shade drifted to a window overlooking Alchazzar. "Already, the Voidspawn labor to create engines of war with which to tear down the walls of our foes. Already they amass in nigh uncountable numbers, ready to march at my command." The Shade turned to face all of the gods gathered within the Spire. "I have summoned you here because you all want power, vengeance, war, or simple mindless slaughter... all of these things are of use to my plans, and my plans can be of use to you all..."

The Shade cackled, conjuring a spectral map of the cosmos to appear. "The known universe, in all of it's glory... it is obviously too small for the many gods that inhabit it to coexist peacefully. And why should we? We all have power, we all have might enough to take what is rightfully ours!"

"I propose a union, a gathering of darkness and power with which, we will crush the cosmos beneath our boot! Together, we lords of darkness and evil can accomplish what the light would hate us for. Together we can conquer this whole universe... together, we can rule!"

Spoiler
    Show
    6 AP + 4 AP - 2 AP = 8 AP
    Gather Pantheon: The Circle of Darkness

Tulmany, the streets

A small group of humanoid figures clad in pale green robes stood in the streets of Tulmany. One of them, who held aloft a staff carved from a large piece of bone, topped with three feathers; one red, one green, and one black. "People of Tulmany! The Returned has heard your prayers, your struggles! He extends his hand as salvation for those who would take it! The Lord on high will end your suffering, bring you peace from starvation!" The robed figures around the staff bearer would go around to those who looked the worst off, offering them reprieve from their hunger. Those who accepted were subjected to a short incantation, and their hunger would fade, feeling as if they had just eaten.

Spoiler
    Show
    8 AP - 2 AP = 6 AP
    Form Organization: The Cult of the Damned. The Cult is a group of mortals who have heard Morgash's subtle whispers, his offers of power and reprieve from suffering. They have accepted Morgash as their lord, and have been taught Oneiromancy and Astromancy. The Cult has roughly 1500 members, scattered throughout the Mirage Empire, Calasanctium, and the Northern Kingdoms

Capital of Cerune

Several men and women, robed in Pale Green, have gathered in the Town square, preaching. "People of Cerune, heed my words! The Returned has offered salvation! He offers reprieve from suffering, from hunger and strife. All he asks in return is that you accept him as your lord, and do as he asks! I plead for you all, join me in his praise! Feel the splendor of the Returned touch!"
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-15 at 02:18 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Alchazzart, Spire of the Damned

Setebos stood behind Morgash, looking at the other gods from over the shades shoulder.

"I for one father will support this effort." He walks to the back of the room facing the stonewall, and stares into it as if he can see past it.

"But ruling will be an afterthought. I want to witness when they see how flimsy all their self-righteous ideals are; let them watch the false 'good' they have built crumble while I pluck their eyes out with my blade ."

Spoiler
    Show
    Joins The Circle of Darkness. Currect ap 15+4-1=18ap
    Last edited by A.P.Carry; 2012-09-15 at 02:05 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Orc in the Playground

Alchazzar
    Dralcor said, "Let them fear our very existence."

DragonLoft
    As Draltom finishes his breakfast, the Drakes depart to go raiding.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting Ap 8
    +4 Rollover
    Join Pantheon: The Circle of Darkness: -1 Ap
    Remaining Ap: 11

Sorry for double post, my internet sucks
    Last edited by Markadelf; 2012-09-15 at 02:02 PM.
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

8. - Top - End - #1118

Smallfolk Province

The woman bowed as well, but so awkwardly that it was clear she only did it because she thought it was socially acceptable. "My name is Leyla, and we are a small community of halflings. It is fine, I don't think we've heard much of you either." "Are all races made by a god?" a man asked. The people looked confused and fascinated when he asked what god made them.

Garrug's Cave

Garrug looks sadistically happy. "Yes... I would like nothing more... You know, Tylarch, I was right to let you in on my power, you have lived up to everything I have expected."

Tulmany

Randon liked what he heard less and less. "Giving all the food to the leaders? No, that's not good. Elder, what should we do about this? I would find it hard to stand by idly as the leaders deprive their people of food."

Dragonloft

Jarla proceeds up the next stairs, keeping quiet and scouting the area.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

"Lord Morgash, your motives seem to suit my own. Let it be known that Isyldar, Vanguard of Terror and the Awakening stand behind you" said Isyldar with a triumphant grin. The Awakening raised their bladed arms and roared in unison.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start AP: 7

Join Pantheon AP1: Isyldar joins The Circle of Darkness.

End AP: 6.

Also, I like the typo Darklord.

Netheli

The clone of Isyldar had stood there in front of where Savorla had been, ever since he had separated from Isyldar himself. "Awaken my clone, and do my bidding" thought Isyldar to the clone. His other half woke, and had a grin on his face. "Your wish is at my command" thought Iclone. And with that, he disappeared in a wisp of green smoke.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-09-15 at 02:11 PM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

10. - Top - End - #1120

Anreydu

As Belsheroth obliterated the army V-65 made another note, Subject shows a remarkable efficiency in obliterating his enemies. End Log.

Of course, there would be reprecussions, one cannot tear down the walls of a plane without weakening the universe. In short, it seemed this returned one is traying to destroy the universe. V-65 idly wondered if it was intentional or not.

Regardless V-65 could understand his reasoning behind attempting to make another pantheon. He had just made himself the enemy of every god of good. Ah well, his religion of the returned would make him Wigbach's enemy.

In finishing his report he wrote. I perceive no immediate threat to the balance. Report concluded.

The Gates to the Forest

Thorondor laughed landing next to Belsheroth, "I go tell knights not to waste time coming here."

With that he flew away.

The Exalted Knights

Bjor made a field call, if the Forest of Starlight didn't need their assistance any longer, the knights needed to disperse.

He divided them into ten cohorts, each exploring different parts of the void. And the knights began to see how much evil had been birthed in such a short time.

So, they began to make plans.

Patrols were issued, watches established, they had to fight these new threats to mortals and they would. But they were only a thousand strong and though they be the best warriors in existence, they needed to establish allies.

And the Crone knew it.

Next to Belsheroth

A shard of Gwyn appeared next to her uncle. "I'm glad you were able to handle it yourself, but the threat is far from over, could you please call the other members of your council? I have a proposition."

The War in the North

The Assassins were stopped by the unnaturally observant supply master. But the calvary was much more successful. An entire caravan looted and burning. Their supplies would be delayed by an entire month.

That made this battle, all the more critical.

Spoiler
    Show
    Supply master is Vamp and can hear heart beats

The Captain shrugged. He lifted the drownsword to the Heavens pointed to the Northern army and shouted. Running forward a good twenty feet ahead of the rest of his army.

Immediately all the army rushed forward to meet the Northerners. One group of over a three hundred split from the others and went straight for the werewolves. This was the Order of the Silver Spear and their hatred for werewolves knew no bounds.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gwyn is at 7AP
    My two false gods are at 1AP each.

The Smallfolk province

Kuruk looked confused, "As far as I'm aware, my kind were made by Kiolasa, Sandra's here were made by Belsheroth, and Saul's by Halasht. What else would make you?"
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-15 at 02:27 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

11. - Top - End - #1121

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord2831 View Post
    Tulmany, the streets

A small group of humanoid figures clad in pale green robes stood in the streets of Tulmany. One of them, who held aloft a staff carved from a large piece of bone, topped with three feathers; one red, one green, and one black. "People of Tulmany! The Returned has heard your prayers, your struggles! He extends his hand as salvation for those who would take it! The Lord on high will end your suffering, bring you peace from starvation!" The robed figures around the staff bearer would go around to those who looked the worst off, offering them reprieve from their hunger. Those who accepted were subjected to a short incantation, and their hunger would fade, feeling as if they had just eaten.
    Many people saw these figures as they walked the streets of the city. The people had a mix of reactions to these newcomers. A large portion of the city passively began to hate them, they where working for yet another so called "god" that wouldn't help them. They began to feel the same way about Reddulch, and the absence of hope mellowed them out to the famines brought about by Wigbach. They ignored The cult of the damned, carrying on to provide for themselves as best they could. There where others who would still swear that their own gods would save them from the famines. There where those however, desperate for salvation.

"I'll take your offer." A grown Cretaum walked forward. (if you haven't seen their creation, think tall lizardfolk) "You just have to promise my family the same deal. I can't make enough to feed them. I'll listen to you."

A solid 15% of the population might have joined the Cult of the Damned in Tulmany alone, after word that they backed their word spread. In other parts of the desert, they where less popular.

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Garrug's Cave

Garrug looks sadistically happy. "Yes... I would like nothing more... You know, Tylarch, I was right to let you in on my power, you have lived up to everything I have expected."
    Tylarch too was happy. He hadn't ever been closer to achieving his goal. "Tomorrow, we will take back our land, I may need your help. While I sneak in and steal something, I need you to look after the rest of our force."

Tulmany

Randon liked what he heard less and less. "Giving all the food to the leaders? No, that's not good. Elder, what should we do about this? I would find it hard to stand by idly as the leaders deprive their people of food."
    The elder who was with them didn't like the sound of things at least as much as Randon. "I don't know what to do about this. We could try and convince them otherwise."

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1122

Tulmany

"With all due respect, I don't know how effective this would be. They are the leaders, surely they took these actions knowing people would complain. Will they really listen to us?" He sounds even more concerned, realizing that he is talking about fighting. But what good does rebellion do us as a country? He turns to the guard, "What do you think people should do?"

Smallfolk Province

"No... no, I don't believe I've heard any of those names. " "Belsheroth sounds familiar to me, isn't he responcible for causing death? I don't think he made us though, is it possible for people to not be created by a god?" There are obviously some misheard knowledge carried by travelers. Most knowledge that a halfling will give you will sound like it is from the end of a long game of telephone.

Garrug's Cave

"With pleasure-I will merge my force to yours as well. I'm not sure if you've yet seen the extent of my gathered power. Once I have the army do I get to" His face grew as close as Tylarch had ever seen to bright "attack the bastards with it?"

13. - Top - End - #1123

BlueWizardGirl

Tulmany

"With all due respect, I don't know how effective this would be. They are the leaders, surely they took these actions knowing people would complain. Will they really listen to us?" He sounds even more concerned, realizing that he is talking about fighting. But what good does rebellion do us as a country? He turns to the guard, "What do you think people should do?"
    The guard tells him, in a hushed tone, "I think it might be a good idea to just steer clear of this place for a while. He hasn't had anyone killed yet, but I wouldn't put it past him. There might be another chief who you could convince of his lunacy, though."

Garrug's Cave

"With pleasure-I will merge my force to yours as well. I'm not sure if you've yet seen the extent of my gathered power. Once I have the army do I get to" His face grew as close as Tylarch had ever seen to bright "attack the bastards with it?"
    Tylarch smiled with a confident grin. "Yes, the army would attack, and we would win. I have no doubt. It will be. . . A massacre. I'll start at Shreddokk, I want you to meet us outside the gates of Tulmany tomorrow at dusk. I must be on my way now, Tomorrow, we take Tulmany, and with it, THE EMPIRE!" He began to walk towards the exit, bound for where he came from. The time was about 2:30 in the morning.

Shreddokk

The orders given to the smithing guild before Tylarch left where as follows: "Gather all of the armor and weapons we can muster. Find the goblins who belonged to the Lokab Empire, and meet Tylarch at the town hall, just before dawn." The orders had been followed. Goblins have a knack for technology, including mining and smithing. It's no surprise that so many ended up part of this guild. They called all their goblin friends, and many of them where willing to join the cause. Cretaum too, joined: Many of them where ready enough to see Reddulch fall, many of them where ready to take back the stores of food behind Tulmany's walls that they where so hungry for. Most of them didn't believe in Tresingiis anymore, they thought as the liches did, the gods where no better than people. The pins where set up, as Tylarch arrived to knock them down. (TBC)

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Titan in the Playground

Alcahazzar

Ombra was quiet, his eyes raking over the other gods assembled. He essence seemed to strengthen, as he gave his own essence a boost in power. Finally, he sighed deeply.

...I once thought this world could be saved. I was a fool. He growled truthfully, as he quietly attuned himself to the pantheon. Rage crept into his eyes. This world is absolutely worthless, not even worth torturing. It must die. All of it must be destroyed, from the greatest king to the smallest gnat. Only then can it be made anew.

... For this goal, I will take part in your bloody pantheon. He glared at Morgash. That end cannot come swiftly enough for my tastes.

Spoiler
    Show
    20AP
    -1AP - Join Circle of Darkness
    -4AP - Gain Domain: Mind(Information) [Two create relic actions - that table whose name escapes me at the moment and the eye of Ombra]
    =15AP
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ettin in the Playground

The City of Cerune

The populace paid no heed to the cultists of the Returned. They revered the memory of Halasht as their creator, and Halasht alone, save for a small percentage who worshipped Belsheroth in secret.
    This Returned offered to shelter them from all their ills, but at what cost? Slavery to his whims. Death would be preferable to a life of slavery...

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 18
    Create Organisation: The Cult of the Reaper. A small minority of people in the Northern Kingdoms worship Belsheroth in secret due to the efforts of millennia of missionaries. They have no clerics of their own and wield little power.
    Remaining AP: 16

Next to Gwyn

"Naturally Lady Gwyn. Plans must be drawn up for war."
    Silently, across all creation, the call was sent out.
    All members of the Empowered Council, Kipt, Tresingiis, Yohalles, Aquaeris, Adelaide... A council of war must be joined at Arcabare."
    He turned to Gwyn.
    "Come with me Gwyn. I shall keep a shard of myself here to stand guard."
    Belsheroth took Gwyn's hand, and should she be willing, took her with him to the council chamber at Arcabare.
    He left a shard at the Gates of the Forests.

The War in the North

One by one, the assassins perished and few escaped. But the cavalry was successful, and they searched in order to find more caravans to burn.

Cerunite siege engineers, sheltered by the safety of their position, began to launch incendiary weapons and showers of smaller stones into the midst of the Knight's charge. Jarl Rushaan watched everything from the hastily reinforced wall of the monastery in which they positioned.

Well Temple

Kasak... Kasak... KASAK!
    Naturally, of all the times for Belsheroth to eventually decide to contact Kasak, he was asleep.
    Wake up this instant, or I swear, I will make fire rain from the sky for forty days!
    He got up and yawned.
    "What do you want Belsheroth? I'm mortal, I need my sleep."
    Sleep will have to wait. Remember when I spoke to you of Morgash when I was training you?
    "Naturally. You made me write everything down. My wrist is still sore."
    Well, he's returned from the dead and is spreading chaos and evil. I need you to go and spread the truth before he corrupts Goblinkind and turns them irretrievably to the side of evil.
    "Do I need to remind you of what happened last time I tried evangelical activities? I was stoned and driven out of my home!"
    Don't worry, I'll send a few miracles along to make it easier on you.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ogre in the Playground

Virus

While Isyldar was with The Circle of Darkness in Alchazzar, his clone had followed his orders and appeared before a land called 'Virus'. He sensed everything his clone did, so he could feel the longing to have this island for himself. Strangely it wasn't just to possess it... It felt like it already belonged to him.

Iclone flew around the island searching for signs of life when he saw a massive shield made of all colours of the rainbow, but alas, it was covered in increasingly heavy layers of ash. He disappeared in a wisp of green smoke, re-appearing just inside it at its highest point. "I need to watch my teleportation skills, I could have just as easily put myself in the midst of that shield" said Iclone as he chided himself.

Veran, Capitol of the Virus

He saw utter chaos, and he loved it. But he also felt protective of these people, something he never had felt before. Like they were a part of him, to a degree.

He flew down and asked the first person he came to, a blind woman, what had happened here. "A great volcano erupted far away, but this is where all the ash ended up" she said with a touch of sadness in her voice. "We used our soul magic to protect as many of The Virus as we could, but our shield is slowly failing. Everyone in the city of Veran is channeling their magic as we speak, including myself, and it forces the body to age much faster as it usually would. As soon as too many of us die from the strain, the shield will fail, killing us all" she said with tears coming out from her ruined eyes.

"What happened to your creator? Does he not still live?" said Iclone with a touch of concern. "Someone must have given them this magic..." he thought.
    The blind woman cackled, worrying Iclone. "He abandoned us to this cruel world. There are very few of us who still know of him. His name was Alyveran and he was our creator, but he left us for dead once this tragedy befell us. Our trusty leader Alyverai still believes he exists, but most of us think he's a lying scumbag who clings to false hope. So we locked him in the highest tower of the palace" she said with a grin. "Thank you for your time madam" said Iclone.

He jumped into the air, his wings straining to keep up with his speed, but he had to get to that tower as fast as possible. He must save these people, but first Alyverai had to go free.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alchazzar]

Savorla lounged on her throne, appearing different to all there, for she seemed to be their perfect lover to each, smiling indolently at the assembled deities.

"I get along well enough with most deities... Still, this will be interesting so I suppose I'll join, for now. But bear in mind that I do work for pay, so I will provide services to whoever provides me with my price, regardless of the side that they're on. Is this acceptable?"

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

Though it was hard to tell, the Shade seemed to be smiling, almost gleeful in the knowledge that it had allies once more. Morgash approached Vargull. "What say you? Do you join in dark fellowship with your brethren, ready to reap the cosmos and lay waste to that which you deem unworthy to exist?"

The Shade turned to Savorla, tilting it's head. "You would sell power and aid to those who would tear down our efforts? Would it not be much more profitable to give us your aid, and accept our aid as well. Would it not be ideal to work towards the common goal of conquest?" The Shade paused. "Can we truly trust you as an ally in the coming war if you give your aid to those we fight against?"

Ombra would feel a tug at the back of his mind, a dark whisper. "I know you, child, and I know you are not completely evil... prove to me that I can trust you... prove to me that you are willing to strike at the gods of light... bring me the soul of Hedrin, first mortal sorcerer. Then I will know that I can trust you with the information this circle will hold."

Cerune's Capital

Not many people listened to the preachers, thinking them crazed. However, once some people realized that these were not newcomers, but the very people they had lived alongside for decades, their message might be shed in a new light. Even when only a few took up their offer, and donned the pale green robes of the Returned, the priests of the Cult continued to walk through the streets, preaching. "Praise be to the Returned, praise be to his benevolent embrace! It is he who has given us reprieve from strife and toil, he who has given us the strength to continue speaking when none would listen. Join me, my brethren, join me and feel the loving embrace of the Returned!"

Tulmany

The preacher smiled, placing a hand on the Cretaum's shoulder. "Of course your family may feel the loving embrace of the Returned. Bring them to me, and I will give them the Blessing of his Lord immediately. All that the Lord asks in return, is that they acknowledge him and pay him praise."

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Titan in the Playground

Ombra would feel a tug at the back of his mind, a dark whisper. "I know you, child, and I know you are not completely evil... prove to me that I can trust you... prove to me that you are willing to strike at the gods of light... bring me the soul of Hedrin, first mortal sorcerer. Then I will know that I can trust you with the information this circle will hold."
    A COMPLETE waste of time and effort. I'm not going to spend time looking for one long dead when I could be destroying. He glared directly at his father, speaking aloud. I don't take orders from anyone or anything, father. Not even you. His eyes narrowed. I'm not evil. I've always been ruthless, and I may have done evil things but I am not evil. Heh. I can almost hear the mewling of Gwyn, Belsheroth, even you now. He put on a high pitched, whiny voice. You're not evil! Why would you dooooo thaaaaat?!

He advanced on his father, eyes burning bright with dark fire. Look at the planet - THAT IS WHY!!!!!! It is a miserable mess, so far beyond saving even the mortals do not realize how enslaved they are!!! The Creator TRUSTED YOU to make this world worth living and you not only failed, you failed so utterly and completely I have no idea how this world keeps spinning.

THIS WHOLE UNIVERSE IS THE SAME!! He screamed, his power beggining to break beyond control. The shadows in the tower writhed in rage and pain, something white-hot and angry blew through the minds of those assembled. EVIL, CHAINED, ROTTEN TO IT'S VERY CORE!!! WHAT ISN'T EVIL IS CHAINED, WHAT ISN'T TYRANNICAL IS A SLAVE!! I CANNOT TOLERATE IT ANY LONGER!!!

You don't need to trust I'm on your side. Just that I'll be blowing up this entire universe so we can start over. He glared right into Morgash's eyes from close by. You gonna help or not?!
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-09-16 at 12:45 AM.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #1130

The Deep

After the meeting in the Halls of the Dead, Kipt needed to go to the trees of dead gods to give himself some time to grieve for those he had lost. As his daughter, he had felt it when Adelaide left the world. He also noticed that he hadn't heard from Lilli lately, and he had his suspicions, but had hoped not to find her tree there. Kipt fell to his knees immediately and began to cry. How do I live without the ones I loved? To have to go on forever without them. How does one do it? Those around me fade in time, but I still stand here. Is it worth it? I know that as a god I am immortal, and my people may change, and I may be hurt by the departure of the gods around me. Can I press on like this? Kipt considered ending his life right there. If mortals could be with their loved ones in death, why not gods? Besides, he knew that the future would only grow more bleak for him. He tried to take comfort in the trees. In Lilli's maelstrom of blood and steel, he found little comfort, but the elegance of Adelaide's was a bit better. Forever is a long time... too long. Too long for anyone really, but we gods are forced to endure it. Is being alive that long really all that it is made out to be? Then, Kipt had an epiphany. That even though there were great emotional hardships of being a god, and being immortal, it was worse to be dead, and not be able to influence the world anymore. He had serious power to make the world a better place, and it would be selfish of him to not make the most of it. Others had elected them leaders of their pantheon, and he had a duty to them as well. As if on cue to that thought, Belsheroth's invitation arrived.

Acabare

Kipt appeared before the other gods of his pantheon in Acabare. He was still feeling emotional, but he put on his best leader face because he knew that's what they needed from him. I can be whatever the good of the world needs me to be, whatever I want is not relevant. "Hello once again," he says warmly.

Tulmany

"I see," says Randon feeling a bit defeated. "Do you know of any such person with say power that we might convince to tell him to stop?"

Garrug's Cave

Garrug chuckles, "with pleasure!" He stands up, moves his arms around, and climbs out of the cave. As he passes each of the false tunnels, hundreds of tormented, bound, and deformed souls emerge from it. When they reach the mouth, the souls are floating around the night sky. Garrug utters a chant, moves his hands again, and moves his army with them. The souls form orderly sections based on type of deformity (and there are several variations). "This, Garrug, is my army. I trust that it will be put to good use."

21. - Top - End - #1131

The Smallfolk Province

Sandra sighed, "No, Belsheroth isn't the cause of death, he teaches that death is a part of nature and is therefore nothing to fear. And as far as I know there has never been a race a god didn't directly create."

Saul raised an eyebrow.

"My dad's kindof big into Religion."

Saul nodded.

Kuruk interjected, "Anyway! Could you direct us to your leader? Perhaps we could establish trade?"

Arcabare

Gwyn follows, naturally, awaiting the arrival of the others. "What do you see the disposition of the Belsherai and the Devils as being during this war?"

Anreydu

The Crone laughed, "Ombra! You really are a fool, but then again, you may save us all."

The War of the North

Even as the first incendiaries rain down upon the knights, clouds begin to gather and it rains over the battlefield. Lightning crackles in the sky.

Nettal smiles, "I suppose I should've asked before doing that?"

Jennifer shrugs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The other caravans are down in Calasanctium and if you wanna go there you'll run into the homeguard which still numbers around 10,000

Nettal is at 2AP (Infusion from Ombra)
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

22. - Top - End - #1132

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    The Smallfolk Province

Sandra sighed, "No, Belsheroth isn't the cause of death, he teaches that death is a part of nature and is therefore nothing to fear. And as far as I know there has never been a race a god didn't directly create."

Saul raised an eyebrow.

"My dad's kindof big into Religion."

Saul nodded.

Kuruk interjected, "Anyway! Could you direct us to your leader? Perhaps we could establish trade?"
    Smallfolk Province

"No, I'm almost certain Belsheroth is the cause of death," Leyla said. A small argument ensued between the townspeople when the guy proclaimed, "Belsheroth is just a star who created archangels, and they're the ones who cause death." It was over as quickly as it had begun, though. "We don't really have a leader," she explained, "but you are welcome to trade with us. We have a good surplus of corn, and some fresh salted fish.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

Alchazzar

The Shade stared blankly at Ombra for a few moments, processing what had just happened. Then, the whole room darkened, sickly green lightning arcing from the Shade's fingertips to the floor, pale purple flames immolating a nearby Voidspawn. "You are part and parcel Trickery, Ombra. I know this better than most. You say you have nothing to prove, yet you blindly scream in rage at your very creator. You are a child, Ombra, and it was a mistake to call you here."

The Shade stopped sending out arcs of lightning, the flames dying down. "I can trust these others because I know where their hearts lie. They lie in darkness and evil. Your heart does not, child, your heart is torn. I cannot be sure of your motives without proof. If you truly wish to aid us in the coming war, prove it. Prove it and you will expel all of my doubts about you... Otherwise, you're just another liability."

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Titan in the Playground

Alchazzar

The Shade stared blankly at Ombra for a few moments, processing what had just happened. Then, the whole room darkened, sickly green lightning arcing from the Shade's fingertips to the floor, pale purple flames immolating a nearby Voidspawn. "You are part and parcel Trickery, Ombra. I know this better than most. You say you have nothing to prove, yet you blindly scream in rage at your very creator. You are a child, Ombra, and it was a mistake to call you here."

The Shade stopped sending out arcs of lightning, the flames dying down. "I can trust these others because I know where their hearts lie. They lie in darkness and evil. Your heart does not, child, your heart is torn. I cannot be sure of your motives without proof. If you truly wish to aid us in the coming war, prove it. Prove it and you will expel all of my doubts about you... Otherwise, you're just another liability."
    So when you're alive, I get to go off on my own and mess up whatever I please without so much as a word from you, but when you're dead and actually need me, I'm just some child to be coddled? Ombra sneered. You want some mortal soul so badly, father? Fine. I'll get you your stupid soul. Why not the future, while I'm at it? Might as well get you the god of Being Lost too. After all, no one knows where HE is either. Want me to go get the Circle of Life? How about the Creator's left sock? Does the creator even HAVE socks?

...He might be implying that he has no idea where mortal souls go, or he might just be being a total ass. Or both.

Maybe daddy could tell me where to find a soul that's been dead practically since the dawn of time, since he would reside in a place that was created before I was? Hmmmm?

...Yeah. Probably both.

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

Alchazzar

The Shade backs up slightly. "Ombra... I did not realize... I... I see." He composes himself, turning to the other Gods nearby. "I apologize for this, outburst. I must speak with my son."

The Shade beckoned Ombra over, drifting over to the side of the room. "I realize that I was not there for most of your life, Ombra... I must apologize for this... but I birthed you with the belief that you had all you needed... I was wrong, of course, but I assumed you were fine being left to your own devices..."

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ettin in the Playground

The City of Veran

Vanyanil had concealed himself with his kind's magic and had made his way to the Palace to speak to Alyverai. He saw a figure approaching, and focussed on being as non-present as possible. A bit of eavesdropping may be in order.

Acabare

"Young Kipt, Lady Gwyn. Events move too quickly for us to wait for the others."
    He strikes Adelaide off the mental list of those he still waited for. He would mourn when the time was available.
    "I would apologise for having to call this meeting so suddenly, but events could move too quickly for us to respond that way.
    "As you may or may not be away, Morgash has returned from the grave, and he has returned evil and full of hate. He now desires to destroy everything we hold dear and has already attacked the Forest.
    "I fear he may align himself with the other gods of evil. Alone, I could defeat him, but as a group... I fear the worst."

He turned to Gwyn.
    "The Belsherai will serve me as always. The Devils and the Daemons are another matter. I can make neutrality an offer they can't refuse, but they are unlikely to align themselves with us beyond that."
    He thought for a moment.
    "What of Ombra and Savorla? Will they side with us in this conflict? Surely, the side of good is more acceptable to them than the side of evil?"

Anzhela and Polaris

I will be their advocate... But for their entire race and on one condition... I will allow them to dwell within the City of Lusin alongside the Belsherai where they will be free from servitude save to my law; if they stay out of the coming war.
    "I have just been in contact with Lord Belsheroth. His offer is this:
    "He will be the advocate for your entire race and protect you from Gods that seek dominion over you. He will allow you to dwell within the City of Lusin alongside my kind provided you obey his law.
    "This comes with one condition: You are to stay out of the coming war."

"Our entire race? It may be hard to get them all to go along with this..."
    "My Lord is aware of that. Take his message to your people and present yourself at Lusin should you accept."
    Anzhela left, leaving Polaris to think things over.

Dragons!

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

Alchazzar

The Shade backs up slightly. "Ombra... I did not realize... I... I see." He composes himself, turning to the other Gods nearby. "I apologize for this, outburst. I must speak with my son."

The Shade beckoned Ombra over, drifting over to the side of the room. "I realize that I was not there for most of your life, Ombra... I must apologize for this... but I birthed you with the belief that you had all you needed... I was wrong, of course, but I assumed you were fine being left to your own devices..."
    ...It's fine. By the time you died... I just didn't care about things like that anymore... Friends, family, what do they matter? This world is so messed up, why does it matter if I never saw my father... He didn't look at him, trying not to cry. Just... tell me where the soul is so I can go get it and get this over with. Every moment this world exists is a moment wrong.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-09-16 at 01:28 AM.

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    ...It's fine. By the time you died... I just didn't care about things like that anymore... Friends, family, what do they matter? This world is so messed up, why does it matter if I never saw my father... He didn't look at him, trying not to cry. Just... tell me where the soul is so I can go get it and get this over with. Every moment this world exists is a moment wrong.
    The Shade looked at Ombra for a moment, then nodded. "The Forest of Starlight... but I am not completely certain... Belsheroth would know for sure... and you may be able to persuade him to tell you."

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Titan in the Playground

The Shade looked at Ombra for a moment, then nodded. "The Forest of Starlight... but I am not completely certain... Belsheroth would know for sure... and you may be able to persuade him to tell you."
    Ombra turned and stepped into the dark reccesses of the tower. I don't like lieing, I'll just steal it.

The current location of the Eye of Ombra

Ombra grinned wickedly as he stepped out of the nearby shadows. And cut, that's a wr- where's Gwyn? He asked, giving the Crone a dark look. Evidently he hadn't expected her and he considered her poor company - at least compared to Gwyn.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-09-16 at 01:42 AM.

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

Though it was hard to tell, the Shade seemed to be smiling, almost gleeful in the knowledge that it had allies once more. Morgash approached Vargull. "What say you? Do you join in dark fellowship with your brethren, ready to reap the cosmos and lay waste to that which you deem unworthy to exist?"

The Shade turned to Savorla, tilting it's head. "You would sell power and aid to those who would tear down our efforts? Would it not be much more profitable to give us your aid, and accept our aid as well. Would it not be ideal to work towards the common goal of conquest?" The Shade paused. "Can we truly trust you as an ally in the coming war if you give your aid to those we fight against?"

"Make it worth my time, then, little shadow. I have no vested interest in either side; it will take payment to sway me to either side, something you, so far, offer none of.

And who I aid without something to bind me to you for the duration would hardly be restricted to your foes. If you gave me something I found better payment than their offer, I would take it gladly, and my allegiances might shift from battle to battle as I grew strong from your conflict."

Savorla paused a moment, looking over at Ombra, a frown plain on her face, marring her fair features, as the ice over her eyes thickened, cold distaste evident in them, and, indeed, every line of her body, though she had barely shifted from the pleasantly relaxed sprawl she had been in a moment ago, even if she did hold her tongue until he was gone.

"Also... If he becomes a part of this, then I am on the other side, and there is nothing you can do to buy my aid in this war; I refuse to fight to destroy the world, with all of the creations I care for, and the joy it gives me."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-09-16 at 01:54 AM.