New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdelf View Post
    Michael looked at Aquaeris with reverence and said, "My name is Michael, I am a Cretaum from tribe Kilos. We came east from our home in The Red Desert to help the goblins after the death of the archliches, at the command of our god, and head chief. But I saved that woman because it was the right thing to do and I was there, not because I want a reward." He didn't want to offend the god, but he didn't think what he did was worthy of divine intervention, especially when stopping things like that was what they came east for. "My grace, I am only a peasant, am I really worthy of any reward?"
    "Thy race and tribe art commendable as well. Tell me, is there no small favor I could do for Tribe Kilos?"
    The god smiled at the Cretaum.
    "Would you not like a place to rest reliably, a stronghold to do great deeds from, or a weapon that truly shows your heroism?"
    There was a twinkle in his eyes as he regarded the mortal.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Michael refuses them all, Aquaeris will transmute him to a Tear of Aquaeris, making him unaging, and make him a hero. If he accepts one of them, he will create it.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

2. - Top - End - #92

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    "Thy race and tribe art commendable as well. Tell me, is there no small favor I could do for Tribe Kilos?"
    The god smiled at the Cretaum.
    "Would you not like a place to rest reliably, a stronghold to do great deeds from, or a weapon that truly shows your heroism?"
    There was a twinkle in his eyes as he regarded the mortal.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Michael refuses them all, Aquaeris will transmute him to a Tear of Aquaeris, making him unaging, and make him a hero. If he accepts one of them, he will create it.
    Michael thought about it for a moment, and turned his head. " Tribe Kilos is prospering, we need no more weapons than the spears we have brought. We are not at war with anyone. Gifting our tribe over the others would throw off our capitol, which is founded on the idea that the five tribes are equal. Our leaders are working with Tresingiis, lord of our desert, who must have a plan on how this effort with the goblins is going to pan out." He stood there for a couple of seconds before continuing, more determined this time. "If you can give me anything, give me the ability to protect the ones I love from danger."

The Lokab Capitol

The goblins where all lined up outside the capitol. It seemed like they would be briefed with something shortly, but nobody rose to speak. Reddulch sent many Cretaum to other parts of the Former Lokab Empire, to contact Tresingiis with an all clear signal, and ask him to appear before the goblins. The note passed from Reddulch to Tresingiis said "The goblins are all in ranks outside the city, we are healing them, feeding them, giving them water, but we need to rebuild the city, which could take some time. If you could appear, and speak to them, it would aid the rebuilding of social structure greatly. -Reddulch"

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

3. - Top - End - #93

Michael thought about it for a moment, and turned his head. " Tribe Kilos is prospering, we need no more weapons than the spears we have brought. We are not at war with anyone. Gifting our tribe over the others would throw off our capitol, which is founded on the idea that the five tribes are equal. Our leaders are working with Tresingiis, lord of our desert, who must have a plan on how this effort with the goblins is going to pan out." He stood there for a couple of seconds before continuing, more determined this time. "If you can give me anything, give me the ability to protect the ones I love from danger."
    ]
    Aquaeris smiled, and thousand of gentle beams of light flowed gently into the Cretaum. Michael was slightly taller, stronger, and more dextrous now. His features were finer, and on his back curved a pair of long wings.
    "Thee art noble indeed, young Michael. I have faith in thee, though the be the child of the desert and I am the father of waters. Go forth, and do great deeds. There is still evil in that blasted city, and Sofía will help you find it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    Create Hero
    AP: 4-4: 0.

Coralia
    An ancient Aímancer sighed heavily. His dark, Klikit- colored hide was wrinkled with age, and he grasped his runed cane heavily.
    "I need more power... My studies are almost complete! Don't fail me, fate!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mystic, would you mind creating a Klikit Lich? The Kalpans have sort grown dull, and a Lich as their emperor might liven them up, plot wise.
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-07-10 at 09:59 AM.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Free Port-The Knight's Quest

Sophia raised an eyebrow, "Umm, no I don't, that would be a contradiction."

"'The Doctor' I've heard that name before, but wher- Wait St. Edgard wrote about you in his memoirs!"

She frowned, no that couldn't be right, St. Edgard lived three thousand years ago and this creature didn't fit The Doctor's description.

"Sorry, it was probably just someone with the same name."

Still she kept getting images of Edgard fighting alongside some sort of Shadowy-thing, a thing that had the same color and kept its eyes closed just like the being before her. She really wished these images would stop.

Spoiler
    Show
    Up to you Elemental if Marren and Nureen followed after her. Or try to get away from the crazy person that chases after snakes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    posted from phone

I met Edgard? THE Edgard? The doctor blinked in surprise. Huh. Fancy that!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quick reminder: The Doctor reforms in Shadow Key after he dies, but doesnt have memories of what occurred since the last time he was there.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #95

Sophia, Marren, Nureen, and The Doctor

Sophia raised an eyebrow, "You mean you met a major historical figure who lived 3000 years ago and can't even remember it?"

She shook her head, "I would've had more questions then I could've asked in three years! Wait-"

Sonova- she didn't ask Bjor a damn thing! Gods how could she be such an idiot??

She sulked a moment, and then heard the horses approach from behind. Looking behind her she noticed Marren and Nureen approaching, perhaps in spite of their better sense. "Oh! Right, I nearly forgot, Marren, Nureen, this is The Doctor. Doctor, this is Marren and Nureen."

The Grand Duke's Speech

The Grand Duke gathered all of the knights in the courtyard, he was dressed as a normal knight, no elegant finery, only the circlet adorned his head. But when he spoke, he spoke as a knight.

"My friends! We have been deceived. The Free Cities, did indeed send the ghouls to attack us, but they were not alone! The Kingdoms of the North! Those thrice damned empires of Iniquity supported them. I need not remind you knights what the Kingdoms have done to us!"

He didn't have to fake his anger here, it was very real, they were half the reason he manipulated the knights now.

"They've hidden the Vargullfi, the slayers of St. Priscilla, St. Domina, St. Sandra, and many more noble knights than I could possibly name. They marched against our lord Belsheroth! Their father, Vargull dared to do battle with Gwyn! I need not list all the blasphemies perpetuated by the Vargulfi! We all know them! And yet, who is it that shields them from the Silver Spear's justice? Who is it that holds our ancestral lands, wrongfully taken??"

He roared the last, "It is the thrice cursed Northern Kingdom!!! And now they have shown their cowardice. They have struck us through another! Do not fear them! For they have shown that. They. Fear. Us."

The Knights cheered and the Grand Duke held up his hand, waiting for them to calm down, before he continued. Allowing himself to calm down.

"Because of this dear knights. I have not disbanded the Crusade. We will fight it, until Calasanctium can rule over her people secure and unmolested. Now kneel."

The sound of 8,000 knights hitting their knees filled the city. "In the sight of the gods, of Belsheroth the Starlit Reaper, of Merolle the Lord of All Metals, and of our lady Gwyn the first knight. We renew our oathes."

The knights bowed their heads and repeated what the Imposter said,

"I swear, to uphold the Code, for there is nothing more sacred to me.

I swear to serve the Calasanctium Kingdom, so long as its service does not require me to violate the Code."

He swallowed, "My brothers we will now speak the Third Oath and I beg all of you to think upon what it requires of each of us."

He bowed his head, "I swear, to fight for a world, where no knights are necessary. For that is a knight's greatest wish, that the innocent do not need to be defended."

He looked up, he had to force the tears to come to his eyes, "Now, rise Order of the Spear! We have renewed our vows! We will continue the Third Crusade!"

He risked a glance t the South, there, there was the only goal he had. But he couldn't tip the others off, lest they discover what he was truly looking for.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

6. - Top - End - #96

BlueWizardGirl

Aquaeris smiled, and thousand of gentle beams of light flowed gently into the Cretaum. Michael was slightly taller, stronger, and more dextrous now. His features were finer, and on his back curved a pair of long wings.
    "Thee art noble indeed, young Michael. I have faith in thee, though the be the child of the desert and I am the father of waters. Go forth, and do great deeds. There is still evil in that blasted city, and Sofía will help you find it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    Create Hero
    AP: 4-4: 0.
    After the transformation, Micheal looked at Aquaeris, thought for a moment, and said, "Thank you, yes, I will find it, and I will help solve it... Um, one quick question though: With these wings... can I fly?" He decided to test it, and he flapped his wings back and forth several times to find himself lighter.

The Former Lokab Empire.

Tresingiis received the letter from Reddulch, and knew that he could make it to the capitol to fix the empire's broken society. He did not teleport though. He found the wind to be a nice way to clear one's mind, and he flew, in his shape of a giant hawk, all the way to the city where there was a crowd of many more goblins than he could count.

In all the cities and all the villages, Cretaum where helping to heal, feed, and give water to the goblins, they where protecting them, and punishing criminals who would take advantage of the situation. There where still many villages where there where only enough Cretaum to run a food and water station, and no patrols, but they would come. Things would get better.

The Red Desert: Shreddokk.

Drestin had made it all the way into his tribe's enclave, and was about to enter his home when he heard a shout of his name, "Drestin!" It was Leon. He was sure that Leon was only going to ask him about the mission he just failed, but he acknowledged him anyway.

" Leon, we got lost, we couldn't even find the damned Lokab Empire, or any of it's villages."

"Nevermind that. Tresingiis came and used the wind to transport everyone to the destroyed empire. I haven't heard back from them yet. Anyway, though, Reddulch told me to make sure I sent you to Freeport when you got back."

"Freeport? Why?"

"He likes the idea of having someone like you designated to lead a small party to different parts of the world. We need to trade with Freeport and the Gnomes to get tools and supplies. You should go there and ask about a trade route, and if we can caravan goods back and forth. Even in the desert, we have some resources to trade. We have stone, the rocks and boulders that line the desert don't just sit on top of sand. It's a wasteland of sand, but the rock formations, and the canyons have minerals. I'm sure we could start mining iron, gems, and silver from them. Another one is glass. Cretaum art is mostly glass and pottery. We have many nice glass trinkets, ceramics, and decorations. I digress, we don't have enough of those things to sell yet, but we need wood. When our tools break, we need to be able to replace them. When our huts are destroyed in sandstorms, or we want to build defenses, we need wood to do that. Also, the gnomes might want something from the desert, why else would they have their Brass gnome cities here? Actually though, word of our existence hasn't spread very fast. I'm not sure any of the gnomes or people of freeport know we are here. We should investigate into alliances as well."

"That had to be a mouthful Leon, I can tell you have been thinking about this nonstop. I won't go tomorrow, we have been lost in the desert for too long, and we need rest. We will leave the next morning. I will try to talk with whoever is in charge at Freeport, and the Gnome cities. If I can put half as much effort into that as you put into thinking about what we have and what we want, we will be set."

"Very well then, goodnight."

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Sophia raised an eyebrow, "You mean you met a major historical figure who lived 3000 years ago and can't even remember it?"

She shook her head, "I would've had more questions then I could've asked in three years! Wait-"
    You try remembering things after you die!! He replied. Nothing'svworse for the ol' noggin than having your head blown open!

She sulked a moment, and then heard the horses approach from behind. Looking behind her she noticed Marren and Nureen approaching, perhaps in spite of their better sense. "Oh! Right, I nearly forgot, Marren, Nureen, this is The Doctor. Doctor, this is Marren and Nureen."
    The doctor saluted them with his tail. Doctor, Shadow of Shadow Key and creation of the Prince of shadows. Jolly good. Perhaps we should get out of the street? Your conversation with a snake is attracting a bit of attention.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #98

After the transformation, Micheal looked at Aquaeris, thought for a moment, and said, "Thank you, yes, I will find it, and I will help solve it... Um, one quick question though: With these wings... can I fly?" He decided to test it, and he flapped his wings back and forth several times to find himself lighter.

The Former Lokab Empire.

Tresingiis received the letter from Reddulch, and knew that he could make it to the capitol to fix the empire's broken society. He did not teleport though. He found the wind to be a nice way to clear one's mind, and he flew, in his shape of a giant hawk, all the way to the city where there was a crowd of many more goblins than he could count.

In all the cities and all the villages, Cretaum where helping to heal, feed, and give water to the goblins, they where protecting them, and punishing criminals who would take advantage of the situation. There where still many villages where there where only enough Cretaum to run a food and water station, and no patrols, but they would come. Things would get better.

The Red Desert: Shreddokk.

Drestin had made it all the way into his tribe's enclave, and was about to enter his home when he heard a shout of his name, "Drestin!" It was Leon. He was sure that Leon was only going to ask him about the mission he just failed, but he acknowledged him anyway.

" Leon, we got lost, we couldn't even find the damned Lokab Empire, or any of it's villages."

"Nevermind that. Tresingiis came and used the wind to transport everyone to the destroyed empire. I haven't heard back from them yet. Anyway, though, Reddulch told me to make sure I sent you to Freeport when you got back."

"Freeport? Why?"

"He likes the idea of having someone like you designated to lead a small party to different parts of the world. We need to trade with Freeport and the Gnomes to get tools and supplies. You should go there and ask about a trade route, and if we can caravan goods back and forth. Even in the desert, we have some resources to trade. We have stone, the rocks and boulders that line the desert don't just sit on top of sand. It's a wasteland of sand, but the rock formations, and the canyons have minerals. I'm sure we could start mining iron, gems, and silver from them. Another one is glass. Cretaum art is mostly glass and pottery. We have many nice glass trinkets, ceramics, and decorations. I digress, we don't have enough of those things to sell yet, but we need wood. When our tools break, we need to be able to replace them. When our huts are destroyed in sandstorms, or we want to build defenses, we need wood to do that. Also, the gnomes might want something from the desert, why else would they have their Brass gnome cities here? Actually though, word of our existence hasn't spread very fast. I'm not sure any of the gnomes or people of freeport know we are here. We should investigate into alliances as well."

"That had to be a mouthful Leon, I can tell you have been thinking about this nonstop. I won't go tomorrow, we have been lost in the desert for too long, and we need rest. We will leave the next morning. I will try to talk with whoever is in charge at Freeport, and the Gnome cities. If I can put half as much effort into that as you put into thinking about what we have and what we want, we will be set."

"Very well then, goodnight."
    Ruins of Lokab Empire
    "Yes, now you can fly."
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Legions March to the Drums of Fools, Storms are Dangerous Enough Without Minds

The Rings of Geasa are used to many strange sights. Clockwork butterflies with six wings was a new one. The little things were everywhere. They perched atop every surface, fanning their iridescent periwinkle wings gently to and fro. When touched they would jump and buzz away, but in the end they were harmless. However their chittering quickly reached irritating levels once Merolle had been located. Every little butterfly hummed his own tune, and the reverberations which seemed only cacophonous arrived here to match with each other perfectly.

"Hello dearest brother. Dien apologizes for any inconveniences our awakening may have caused for your plans on earth. Dien hopes there is no bad blood between us." Hummed the swarm.

A collection of the creatures nearest to the Verdigris Legion had collected themselves, and snapped like puzzle pieces into a form quite similar to an Inevitable, if said Inevitable's inner workings were broken beyond repair. The Fool hadn't really been paying that much attention when he came across the schematics.
    Not a Savant who is not also an Idiot

Merolle focuses his glowing eye on his brother.

Reisen, it has been a long time. How have you been? I have been really busy while you were dead. After he murdered you."

Ages Past, the Frozen Lands

Imil smiled weakly. "Out of the kindness and compassion of your heart?" He suggested as earnestly as he could manage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydranova View Post
    The envoy frowned, consternation at this sudden ineffectiveness evident on his face. It was time for a new tactic- the ghost reached out, trying to see if he could at least grasp it. And if he could do that, he could scale the beast.

However, he took notice of the druid, eyes squinting. Huh, that looked like that one guy's kid....
    The head focused on Imil snorted acrid winds on his face, a stinging cloud with no better purpose than to irritate his skin and eyes.

"Спробуйте ще раз, смертні. Мені важко зібрати співчуття пробачити ідіоти, нанести перший удар проти їх поліпшується."

The envoy finds no great difficulty grabbing onto the hydra, until one of her heads breathes out viridian lightning against him.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Free Port-The Great Voyage

Even Saul looked a little nervous, "no, no I didn't."

"Maybe we should just go back to the ship?"
    "Well, maybe it'll be better inside. And if its not, some of us have got swords." Kuruk said, making a real effort to be brave. He stepped forward and pushed his way through the doors and into The Cloak and Dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon;13521804 [B
    The Knights and Nettal[/B]

The knight nodded, "Astromancy was almost dead, but there were enough masters still alive to pass the knowledge on. As for what obstacles we face, we would like for you, the Wildlings, a Contingent of knights, and five legions to wage war against the lords of the north."
    "Then I will have to investigate its purposes further. I saw little reason to pursue what I saw was a dead art." Nettal took the spear from the knight and twirled it around for a bit, feeling out the balance. "A superb weapon, and with some modifications... perfect." Nettal fused his Live Oak staff with the spear, providing it with all of the power of a Wildling priest and all of the skill of one of Gwyn's own knights. "Now, where is our first target?"

Wood of Wolves

"I'm sorry Madame Woodsworth, it seems most of our coal seams have been exhausted here, but Calasanctium is in the middle of negotiations with The Guild for alternative energy sources. There are rumors of Geothermal energy conduits. Pollution free energy that could solve all of Calasanctium's long term problems." Her lieutenant, Golbrecht, said.

"Imbecile! Must I tell you how to do everything? Our lord Kiloasa is most displeased with the state of affairs here. You felt his wrath in the natural world didn't you? Surely your druidism can't be that weak. Lord Belsheroth's actions are reprehensible and yet the Calasancti continue to worship him. They must be brought to heel." Madame Woodsworth said. "Nevermind, I will take a jaunt through the Mistlands and seek out King Stephen. With luck I'll be able to delay the construction of the Geothermal Plants for long enough that you can get our men onto the construction teams. Remember, whatever they do, it must look like an accident. Like The Guild made a mistake in their plans... or better yet, that they tried to bring the Calasancti down on purpose. I'll not have them ruining my plans." Madame Woodsworth waved Golbrecht away. After he was gone, she touched up her appearance, to better reflect her favorite character to play in public, the slightly looney but ultimately kindhearted druid lady.

She sought out a nearby portal to the Mistlands, and stepped through it. Although her heart sang to be so near to her true love, Kiloasa, she fought down the urge to seek him out. She had not yet earned her place at his side yet. She had nothing to offer him besides her heart, which he already had. She would bring him a kingdom though. After only a short stay in the realm she hoped to one day be queen of, she returned to Creation in the former Free Cities. Using her Druidic magic, she sought out the life force of King Stephen and put on her stage mask.

Spoiler
    Show
    Madame Woodsworth is NOT a Wildling yet, if she was she would probably have a much better understanding of why Kiloasa was so upset. Still, she's a nutter so you can't be too sure.

@Draken: I don't know how badly you want those Geothermal Plants to go up, but I'd like to set things up so that Madame Woodsworth can really pay for her hubris, and having her almost completely take over Calasanctium would probably be the easiest way to do it.

@Elemental: I told you it was a bad idea to leave crazy people alone for too long. Do you want to help me get her story moving along?

11. - Top - End - #101

BlueWizardGirl

Ruins of Lokab Empire
    "Yes, now you can fly."
    "Alright," and he thanked Aquaeris, "I have no idea how to react, I can never return the favor." And then turned to Sofia. "Let's go find this evil that is still in the city then. I'll hope to conquer it."

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

The Mistlands

Anzhela appeared carrying a stack of heavy books bound in silver with a trolley behind her containing yet more books and approached Kiloasa.
    My Lord, I have worked without rest and spoken with everyone in the Forests who died in the past hundred years and who has been dead for at least one year.
    She dropped her load of books on the ground at Kiloasa's feet. If there had been a wooden floor there, just one of the books would be deafening.
    I'm assuming you can read Hreshtakayin Dzerragir.
    If you have no further need for me, I shall depart and get to work on the next century.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, she's going to intermittently torment Kiloasa with stacks of books for him to read through. He'd better arrange some shelving for them, or she's going to get slightly annoyed.

City of Galnkan

Kasak returned to his shop, locked the windows and door, went into the back room, slid the shelf over after unlatching it and went into his hide out.
    Okay, I helped that lady. She's back looking after her elderly mother. I even gave them some of my fruit.
    I'm geased... Aren't I?

Excellent. Now we can get down to the matter of your training. Let me see... Took me four days to give my teachings to Maela over three thousand years ago... But I was physically present at the time.
    You didn't answer my question. Am I geased or am I not geased?
    Hush! No interruptions... Where to begin...
    Oh right! Basic philosophical principles...

Ahem. Tell me if I geased or not! Or I'll travel to your nearest temple and defecate on the altar.
    Don't be vulgar. And no, you haven't be geased. I'm not in the market of unbreakable contracts.
    Now... Where was I... Oh yes!
    Trying to cram upwards of forty years years of Temple training into less than a week!

Your priests really train that long?
    Well... Only if you want to be a force to be reckoned with. Only takes ten years for the basics.
    Usually, a cleric stops their training when they feel they're ready, but true mastery is a lifelong pursuit. Fortunately... I have advantages over dusty tomes, boring theory lessons and endless practice sessions.

Yeah, I get it.
    A small bell rang from the front of the shop.
    I'll be back in a second. I have a customer.
    No you don't. That's a man with an axe checking to see if anyone's home before they start looting.
    Oh right, I'll ignore them then.
    And thus, Kasak's training began.

Spoiler
    Show
    If I had the power, I'd raise him as an immortal hero and defender of the Goblin race, but I can't, so he'll be a mortal defender of the Goblin race.
    Due to his training coming directly from Belsheroth himself, Kasak will have skill to inspire envy in the High Priests of the Calasanctium due to his knowledge of all applications of divine magic.

It's a snake. A talking snake.
    I'll check us all for exotic diseases later in case this is a hallucination. But in the meantime, it would be best to humour the impossible creature.

Impossible creature? Marren... You're a cleric who can remove diseases strong enough to kill seven men from a child and I'm a sorceress who can perform feats of magic deemed impossible by science.
    Surely, this isn't the weirdest thing you've ever seen!

Actually... Yes. Yes it is.
    Shall we find some shade? It's rather warm here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Wood of Wolves

"I'm sorry Madame Woodsworth, it seems most of our coal seams have been exhausted here, but Calasanctium is in the middle of negotiations with The Guild for alternative energy sources. There are rumors of Geothermal energy conduits. Pollution free energy that could solve all of Calasanctium's long term problems." Her lieutenant, Golbrecht, said.

"Imbecile! Must I tell you how to do everything? Our lord Kiloasa is most displeased with the state of affairs here. You felt his wrath in the natural world didn't you? Surely your druidism can't be that weak. Lord Belsheroth's actions are reprehensible and yet the Calasancti continue to worship him. They must be brought to heel." Madame Woodsworth said. "Nevermind, I will take a jaunt through the Mistlands and seek out King Stephen. With luck I'll be able to delay the construction of the Geothermal Plants for long enough that you can get our men onto the construction teams. Remember, whatever they do, it must look like an accident. Like The Guild made a mistake in their plans... or better yet, that they tried to bring the Calasancti down on purpose. I'll not have them ruining my plans." Madame Woodsworth waved Golbrecht away. After he was gone, she touched up her appearance, to better reflect her favorite character to play in public, the slightly looney but ultimately kindhearted druid lady.

She sought out a nearby portal to the Mistlands, and stepped through it. Although her heart sang to be so near to her true love, Kiloasa, she fought down the urge to seek him out. She had not yet earned her place at his side yet. She had nothing to offer him besides her heart, which he already had. She would bring him a kingdom though. After only a short stay in the realm she hoped to one day be queen of, she returned to Creation in the former Free Cities. Using her Druidic magic, she sought out the life force of King Stephen and put on her stage mask.

Spoiler
    Show
    Madame Woodsworth is NOT a Wildling yet, if she was she would probably have a much better understanding of why Kiloasa was so upset. Still, she's a nutter so you can't be too sure.

@Draken: I don't know how badly you want those Geothermal Plants to go up, but I'd like to set things up so that Madame Woodsworth can really pay for her hubris, and having her almost completely take over Calasanctium would probably be the easiest way to do it.

@Elemental: I told you it was a bad idea to leave crazy people alone for too long. Do you want to help me get her story moving along?
    The King was readying himself for departure, stolen artwork safely packed away and the Knights suitable honoured.
    Oh right! He had those medals he was going to hand out! Oh well... He could do it later. It was then that one of his bodyguards pointed out the approach of Madame Woodsworth.
    Madame, sorry, Lady Woodsworth! So good to see you!
    And here I was planning to speak with you when I returned to Snow Haven. How goes your work to reduce pollution?

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, it is a bad idea to leave crazy people alone for too long. Though, in my defence, I was going to have the King summon her to check up on her progress.

Also, note that it'll be hard for her to take over the Kingdom because of the political structure. The King rules at the sufferance of the High Theocratic Council. (And in theory, the Parliament, but they're practically meaningless)
    But, she can achieve control of matters traditionally governed by the King, which will make her pretty powerful.
    Make sure she steps lightly around the Church and the Council. (The High Ecclesiarch, Head Judge and Amathol in particular.)
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

13. - Top - End - #103

Free Port-Knight's Quest

"Wait dead, you've been dead before??" Then she felt a cold wind rush past her.

Sophia looked around, the Doctor was right. A crowd had begun to gather around. She could feel something else moving in the background. But every time she tried to look for whatever it was among the crowd, the feeling abated, for a moment. Then when she stopped looking. The feeling came back.

"I think you're right, let's move into that alley."

Sophia didn't wait for them to respond and began walking at a hurried pace into the alley. Something was not right.

Free Port-Skull and Dagger

Sandra, Saul, and the other knight follow, with great reluctance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Over to you Exachix

The Knights and Nettal

The lead knight smiled, "We've recently received reports that the Lords of the North are gathering at our border. So, our first objective will be to destroy that army."

With that she offers an extra horse to Nettal and begins to ride, due north. Towards the Southern Command Post to prepare dispatches and then, the ride North begins.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-11 at 07:08 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port-Knight's Quest

"Wait dead, you've been dead before??" Then she felt a cold wind rush past her.

Sophia looked around, the Doctor was right. A crowd had begun to gather around. She could feel something else moving in the background. But every time she tried to look for whatever it was among the crowd, the feeling abated, for a moment. Then when she stopped looking. The feeling came back.

"I think you're right, let's move into that alley."

Sophia didn't wait for them to respond and began walking at a hurried pace into the alley. Something was not right.

Spoiler
    Show
    Over to you Exachix

The Knights and Nettal

The lead knight smiled, "We've recently received reports that the Lords of the North are gathering at our border. So, our first objective will be to destroy that army."

With that she offers an extra horse to Nettal and begins to ride, due north. Towards the Southern Command Post to prepare dispatches and then, the ride North begins.
    The Doctor slithered to Sophia's ankle, wrapped around it, and laid himself flat. He was like a tiny, living, black anklet now!

He then leaped up to Sophia's wrist. Black bracelet, then. We need to move. He said urgently. There are Blur in the crowd. I know you don't remember but I can... sort of. Out of the street, quickly.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #105

There is little response in the dark inn when the trio enters, as only a few patrons are here at this time. The barkeep merely looks up from serving another customer to confirm who entered. Around, save the door they entered by, there are a couple of other doors, one leading upwards and one leading down. There is no sign of a bouncer, or of any... threatening persons, save the presence of a crossbow on the wall behind the bar. That said, a man in a corner is sharpening a throwing knife, while the man next to him is looking over some papers. The other customers do not look unarmed, but it's hard to say exactly what they do. None pay the trio any heed.

Free Port-Fell Knives

Jorias nodded gravely. Marik's eyes narrowed, "I'm kinna slow, why don't you explain it to me?"
    Parvis smiled. "Quite simply, I am concerned about your boss and his... activities. Particular that he owes me, and I've heard he's planning to skip town. If he plans to leave you, I can offer you.. jobs."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delay.
    Also wow it's all happening at Free Port

Monte Mora

Litan made his best attempt to follow Brist, ensuring that an assassin armed with an axe trying to follow was thrown into the water. As he left he mentioned to Akric "I'll make sure he's not in danger on the boat!" Passing the downed assassin, he throws some robe and binds his hands, before proceeding.

The other assassins begin to back up, making motions to move away from the guards and conflict, then all at once they dive at their target - Akric. The Sailor pauses momentarily, then attempts to push the sword down to ensure Akric is defenceless, before receiving the spear to the gut.

The trapped assassin lashes out once or twice more at the trapped Elthien, slashing at his face, before falling limp, his mouth filled with froth and his eyes a bloody red.
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106

Monte Mora

Akircs awareness was already divided between between Litan and the Hydresse. There is something about a masked stranger getting on a ship with Brist that made him uncomfortable. He had not yet completely proven he was a friend, and concealing your face carries an air of mystery of its own. Meanwhile, it didn't seem right to be raising the dead to fight; something just seemed off about it. "How is that possible?" he demanded first. He was barely aware of his sword being lowered. Then, turning to Litan, "Who-" but he was cut off by his fatal assault.

Not only did the death of their leader demoralize the guard and cause them to pause, it also rid the Kalpans of their druidic effect: air breathing. The guard in armor and shield who was down tried to roll into the water, but could roll no further. His shield had wedged itself in the way of his tumble, and was strapped to his arm. Luckily, the bare-clawed Kalpan was free, and managed to push him into the water. With his last breath, he turned back to the Hydresse, and said "DO IT." He then fell back into the water and filled his gills. He stayed close to the surface, unlike the other two who had sunk in their armor. He knew that they could always hike back up once they hit the bottom, though.
    Additionally, somewhere across the city, several Kalpan guards make a crazed run to find water.

Meanwhile, the Elthien trapped under the hippogriff finally found himself free as his assailant grew close to him. He clutched his face for a moment, wiping the blood off with his hand, then slid out. That would leave a (totally badass) scar, but there were more pressing matters now. He drew his spear, coming to his feet, and adopted a stance. He was poised to strike, but looked only apt to do so when another came near him. He tried his best to fall into line with the risen dead, assuming they were on his side.
    The other spearman charged and thrust his spear at the nearest target again, leaving little protection for himself.

The crew made quick work to set sail after that, and the ship soon disembarked. The crew, sharing Akric's dying suspicion, gathered around Litan "Yeah, who are you?" one asked "and what are you doing on this ship?" The crew was a burly lot, toughened by the hard nature of their profession. They didn't look like the cleanest or smartest group, but their mate's question surely hit a note of truth, and most of them looked uneasy.
    Seeing the ship leave port, the Kalpan guard decided it was best for him to follow close behind it as was planned originally for the guards. The purpose of the mission was to protect Brist, and he wanted to make sure they at least did not fail in that. The ship was, however, moving faster than they would have planned, and faster than he could keep up with over a long distance. So he latches on to the back of it, and keeps his ears above water to hear danger coming if there is any.
    Down bellow, Brist passionately prayed to Aqaeris for a safe voyage. Brist being an Elthien, Kipt listened in, picking up key words like "god" and "pray" before realizing it wasn't his prayer. It struck Kipt that in Monte Mora, life revolved around sea trade, and people were more likely to follow Aqaeris because of that. He was loosing his foothold in the city, and soon he figured that Lilli might even be a bigger name there than himself. One thing that had struck Kipt as neat was the art trade that the Kalpans had brought. It's such an expression of... of... of beauty Kipt thought. As a god, I would try my best to help artists, and preserve the beauty of art, in all its forms. All it's forms... Kipt thought again. There are more than just that which the Kalpans have brought with them. My own Elthiens make wooden instruments, voice can be lifted to song in festivals to go with that, and words can be put together harmoniously! Kipt began to get excited. He takes the domain Beauty (Artistic Forms), and creates the concept of Bards.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 10+1 PAP
    Gain Domain -(2+1)
    Lesser Concept -1
    I now have 7+0
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-07-13 at 06:23 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107

Monte Mora
    The Hyderessë snarled, molting into a lion ten times as large as a ordinary one. Instead of a face, it had a mask of burning snakes.
    She hissed "Stop!"
    As a bloody exclamation mark, a burst of sullen red flame billowed above her. She roared, sending the white clouds above into maniacal grey billows that pulsed with the gods' ire.

Mystic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you see a couple of posts ago, I'd like to start a storyline with a Kalpan Lich. I'd appreciate it if you'd control a daemon for the storyline. Thanks!
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

18. - Top - End - #108

Free Port-The Skull and Dagger

Sandra frowned, "Not exactly a welcoming bunch now are they?"

Saul eyed the room, the men here were very difficult to judge.

Free PortParvis, Marik, and Jorias

They were both silent for a moment, then Jorias looked up, "So it's true what they're saying?"

"Damn him!" Marik hissed, "After all we've been through."

"Calm down Marik."

"You calm down, I've been fighting alongside him since 'e was a pup in Calasancti. 'e ne'er once e'en said a cross word to the men. And now this? It just ain't right."

Free Port-Knight's Quest

Sophia shuddered as The Doctor slithered up her ankle, she was more relaxed when he leapt to her wrist... for some reason. "Blur??" Numerous images flashed into her mind, of people that could not be remembered after they are seen.

She whispered to the bracelet hoping Marren and Nureen were following, she dared not look back, "I read about them once, in St. Edgard's memoirs again. But he didn't know many details. For example,"

By this time they entered the alleyway. "What do they look like?"

Spoiler
    Show
    You wanna play the Blur or should I?
    Gwyn, The First Knight

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port-Knight's Quest

Sophia shuddered as The Doctor slithered up her ankle, she was more relaxed when he leapt to her wrist... for some reason. "Blur??" Numerous images flashed into her mind, of people that could not be remembered after they are seen.

She whispered to the bracelet hoping Marren and Nureen were following, she dared not look back, "I read about them once, in St. Edgard's memoirs again. But he didn't know many details. For example,"

By this time they entered the alleyway. "What do they look like?"

Spoiler
    Show
    You wanna play the Blur or should I?
    OOC: thought i posted his hours ago... sorry =(

Spoiler
    Show
    Considering the thing we discussed via PM, i think you should. They're not going to be very talkative or secretive with their enemies - they don't need to be

No one knows. He admitted. They are... for lack of a better phrase, memory-proof. I can only remember them because Isanloff made me one of his avatars on the material plane. Heck, even then I can only remember what they say and do.

He glared at the entrance to the alleyway. In this situation, treat everything you see as a potential hostile.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-07-11 at 07:06 PM.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #110

Free Port-Knight's Quest

"That's... a problem." Even as she said that, she could feel more than hear someone rush behind her with a dagger. The training Gwyn had put her through saved her life.

She grabbed the assailants wrist, twisted it behind his back and grabbed the back of his head. Throwing him skull first into the wall. But as she did so she looked at him... and blinked.

What the heck was she doing?! She pulled back on the assailant's hair, reducing a near fatal blow to a mild headache.

"I'm so sorry! Are you all right?!" The man cradled his head, "Yeah, I'm just a little."

A knife flashed in his hand.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-11 at 08:21 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port-Knight's Quest

"That's... a problem." Even as she said that, she could feel more than hear someone rush behind her with a dagger. The training Gwyn had put her through saved her life.

She grabbed the assailants wrist, twisted it behind his back and grabbed the back of his head. Throwing him skull first into the wall. But as she did so she looked at him... and blinked.

What the heck was she doing?! She pulled back on the assailant's hair, reducing a near fatal blow to a mild headache.

"I'm so sorry! Are you all right?!" The man cradled his head, "Yeah, I'm just a little."

A knife flashed in his hand.
    Free Port
    The Doctor

A tendril of ebony shadow shot out of the doctor's body, aiming to stab the knife out of the man's hand. I said EVERYTHING you see!

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #112

Free Port-Sophia

The tendril of shadow shot through the man's hand. He screamed in pain and the knife fell out of his hand. The Blur hissed, "Doctor!"

Sophia looked confused for a moment then finally snapped back to reality as the Blur tried to scramble away. She grabbed him by the back of his collar and pinned him against the wall. She didn't blink this time.

"Why are you after us?!"

The Blur hissed trying to escape from her hold. Dang she was strong. He stopped struggling.

"No reason." He said calmly. As if he weren't in the hands of an angry knight, a shadow, and two casters (hopefully) nearby.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    The Mistlands

Anzhela appeared carrying a stack of heavy books bound in silver with a trolley behind her containing yet more books and approached Kiloasa.
    My Lord, I have worked without rest and spoken with everyone in the Forests who died in the past hundred years and who has been dead for at least one year.
    She dropped her load of books on the ground at Kiloasa's feet. If there had been a wooden floor there, just one of the books would be deafening.
    I'm assuming you can read Hreshtakayin Dzerragir.
    If you have no further need for me, I shall depart and get to work on the next century.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, she's going to intermittently torment Kiloasa with stacks of books for him to read through. He'd better arrange some shelving for them, or she's going to get slightly annoyed.
    Kiloasa levitated the books with his magic and stored them in a set of shelves that seemed to appear out of thin air. Anzhela's whining was amusing, but her petualnce was going to be annoying. It was obvious that she fully misunderstood that her task really was important, and not just busywork. Kiloasa looked at the other Belsherai in his attendance.

Well, what are you standing there for? Go help her. I plan on making a present of these books to Belsheroth once he finishes being a whiny little... nevermind. Get moving! The last bit was shouted, mostly for fun. Something in Kiloasa was feeling mischevous.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    The King was readying himself for departure, stolen artwork safely packed away and the Knights suitable honoured.
    Oh right! He had those medals he was going to hand out! Oh well... He could do it later. It was then that one of his bodyguards pointed out the approach of Madame Woodsworth.
    Madame, sorry, Lady Woodsworth! So good to see you!
    And here I was planning to speak with you when I returned to Snow Haven. How goes your work to reduce pollution?

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, it is a bad idea to leave crazy people alone for too long. Though, in my defence, I was going to have the King summon her to check up on her progress.

Also, note that it'll be hard for her to take over the Kingdom because of the political structure. The King rules at the sufferance of the High Theocratic Council. (And in theory, the Parliament, but they're practically meaningless)
    But, she can achieve control of matters traditionally governed by the King, which will make her pretty powerful.
    Make sure she steps lightly around the Church and the Council. (The High Ecclesiarch, Head Judge and Amathol in particular.)
    "Oh you know, everything according to schedule. Just like its supposed to be. No need to trouble yourself, your majesty. I can assure you that within three to five years you'll see almost a fifty percent deduction in atmospheric pollutants. I came to find you because I've been recieving some disturbing reports about activity in the cities from my new disciples. You see, though they've all been working so hard to help the Kingdom, lord Kiloasa... whose blessings are what are keeping your people from dying of starvation and black lung... do you have any idea how bad coal dust is for a person? Absolutely horrendous... no matter. What they've been telling me is that the Ecclesiarchy continues to snub Kiloasa throughout the sermons. I believe you remember our agreement? This really won't do at all your majesty. I promised you a solution to your problems, and I am delivering on that promise. However, you have yet to deliver on your end of our deal. I really wish you would speak to that old windbag about respect. Aren't you the king? At least that's why you wear the crown isn't it?..." And so on and so forth. Most people would have to wonder if Lady Woodsworth had shapeshifted her lungs to allow her to talk on forever. Most people would be right.

Spoiler
    Show
    She doesn't need to take over the kingdom, in fact, she'd probably be better off replacing the Ecclesiarch, either officially or as the De Facto religious leader. Which is why she's trying to get King Stephen to grow a pair.

The Knights and Nettal

"A horse will be unnecessary." Nettal's legs shift and pop, and soon he stands as tall as a knight on horseback, his own legs having been replaced with four powerful hooved ones. Holding the spear like a lance, he charges off to the north.

Free Port-The Skull and Dagger

Sandra frowned, "Not exactly a welcoming bunch now are they?"

Saul eyed the room, the men here were very difficult to judge.
    "I'll go ahead and get us a room. Sandra, will you accompany me?" Kuruk walked up to the least dangerous looking of the barkeepers, and offered him his most winning smile.

"Good evening, sir. Would you please provide us with your safest four person room this night?" Kuruk said.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port-Sophia

The tendril of shadow shot through the man's hand. He screamed in pain and the knife fell out of his hand. The Blur hissed, "Doctor!"

Sophia looked confused for a moment then finally snapped back to reality as the Blur tried to scramble away. She grabbed him by the back of his collar and pinned him against the wall. She didn't blink this time.

"Why are you after us?!"

The Blur hissed trying to escape from her hold. Dang she was strong. He stopped struggling.

"No reason." He said calmly. As if he weren't in the hands of an angry knight, a shadow, and two casters (hopefully) nearby.
    'ello little Blur. I'm the Doctor

You've probably heard I don't kill people. Rest assured, that's all lies and chicancery and I most definitely kill people. And if I didn't, the humans might. And if THEY don't... He slid off of Sophia and rose into a massive serpentine creature with a draconic head, I could still slip inside you and wreak HAVOC on your respiratory system without killing you. It's like waterboarding. Only it feels like you're burning alive instead of drowning.

Unrelated: how did you know i was the Doctor, specifically?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-07-11 at 09:22 PM.

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #115

Free Port-Interrogating a Blur

Sophia raised an eyebrow, "Waterboarding?"

The Blur snarled, "Oh, I know full well that you kill people. One of them was a friend! You may not remember me, but I'll never forget the sound of your voice when you stabbed her in the heart."

Free Port-The Skull & Dagger

Sandra followed while Saul stayed behind to watch the room. Tere was definitely something wrong with this place.

"Preferably one as rat free as possible." Sandra chimed in, helpfully.

Nettal

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's get back to him after I get 'Eric' to the northern border. Should have that done tomorrow.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port-Interrogating a Blur

Sophia raised an eyebrow, "Waterboarding?"
    ...Oh right. Knight.

The Blur snarled, "Oh, I know full well that you kill people. One of them was a friend! You may not remember me, but I'll never forget the sound of your voice when you stabbed her in the heart."
    Don't insult me. The Doctor said coldly. I remember everyone I've ever killed, Blur or not. I can remember what you say, what you do... He leaned in close, eyes shut. And I can assure you, Blur, that I did not kill anyone through a stab to the heart.

... On purpose. He added as an afterthought. There was this one time where this one Blur fell off a cliff, but I'm not sure-

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Free Port - The incident with the Blur

Marren and Nureen, being old and all that, took their time getting to the alleyway.
    Calm yourself.... What did you say your name was? Doctor...?
    Anyway... It seems that in this situation, a little application of the theory of magic could be employed.

Careful Marren, you know you failed your banishment trials.
    Banishment? What are you talking about?
    Then we wouldn't be able to know what's going on.
    If you please Doctor whatever your name is, I can bind this creature in place such that Nureen could use it as a focus for her divinations. A living focus is much more effective than an unliving one.

At first slightly confused, a look of realisation dawned on Nureen's face.
    I see what you mean... Much more effective than waiting until after the creature's death and cutting out its heart to carry with us...

Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies, I had to sleep and then do stuff.
    In clarification of what they're planning: Nureen can use her magic to track things down, but she needs something to focus on. The theory is, if she is given a living thing to focus on, she might be able to track down those like it. Of course, she'd still end up cutting its heart out afterwards for future divination purposes...
    You can refuse or say it doesn't work, up to you.

Kiloasa levitated the books with his magic and stored them in a set of shelves that seemed to appear out of thin air. Anzhela's whining was amusing, but her petualnce was going to be annoying. It was obvious that she fully misunderstood that her task really was important, and not just busywork. Kiloasa looked at the other Belsherai in his attendance.

Well, what are you standing there for? Go help her. I plan on making a present of these books to Belsheroth once he finishes being a whiny little... nevermind. Get moving! The last bit was shouted, mostly for fun. Something in Kiloasa was feeling mischevous.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((She's not whining, but it's up to you how Kiloasa interprets her actions))

The Belsherai bowed, and Anzhela smiled inwardly. Obviously, Kiloasa had no plans to read them. They departed, and together, the ten archangels continued on with Anzhela's task like clockwork.

"Oh you know, everything according to schedule. Just like its supposed to be. No need to trouble yourself, your majesty. I can assure you that within three to five years you'll see almost a fifty percent deduction in atmospheric pollutants. I came to find you because I've been recieving some disturbing reports about activity in the cities from my new disciples. You see, though they've all been working so hard to help the Kingdom, lord Kiloasa... whose blessings are what are keeping your people from dying of starvation and black lung... do you have any idea how bad coal dust is for a person? Absolutely horrendous... no matter. What they've been telling me is that the Ecclesiarchy continues to snub Kiloasa throughout the sermons. I believe you remember our agreement? This really won't do at all your majesty. I promised you a solution to your problems, and I am delivering on that promise. However, you have yet to deliver on your end of our deal. I really wish you would speak to that old windbag about respect. Aren't you the king? At least that's why you wear the crown isn't it?..." And so on and so forth. Most people would have to wonder if Lady Woodsworth had shapeshifted her lungs to allow her to talk on forever. Most people would be right.

Spoiler
    Show
    She doesn't need to take over the kingdom, in fact, she'd probably be better off replacing the Ecclesiarch, either officially or as the De Facto religious leader. Which is why she's trying to get King Stephen to grow a pair.
    King Stephen raised his hand to stop her speaking.
    Madame Woodsworth. I have done everything I can.
    I have written the letter of recommendation you requested which right now sits on my desk in Snow Haven.
    I handed over to you the Wood of Wolves.
    And I have ordered that every time prayers and offerings are made at an event under my control that Kiloasa is included.
    If the High Ecclesiarch has willingly and knowingly snubbed Kiloasa, then I shall make an appointment to speak with him. But know this... Worship of Kiloasa is already very uncommon throughout the Kingdom. No temples and few shrines are consecrated to him and there is no clergy or priesthood to do his work. He is invoked before and after the harvest and whenever an individual goes hunting.
    I cannot, and will not, make any laws to the effect of altering religion for fear of destroying the fragile harmony of the Kingdom.
    But, as I said, I shall make an appointment to see the "old windbag", who is younger than I am by the way. You may come along to address your grievances, and before hand, we shall kneel at the High Altar of the Guardian Temple and afterwards admire the finely woven banner of Lord Kiloasa that hangs on the wall behind it.

What on Earth did this woman want?

Spoiler
    Show
    At this rate... Um... The King can't do anything about the High Ecclesiarch. That position is proclaimed by divine herald...
    But she can kill Nameth if you want her too and seize the Temple, tear down everything that venerates a god that isn't Kiloasa and plunder the vaults and reliquaries below. Just make sure no one gets to the bell tower.
    Just note... That such an act of desecration will not go unpunished when Belsheroth finishes recuperating.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

28. - Top - End - #118

Free Port-Blur Interrogation

"Shut up!!!" The Blur shouted thrashing against Sophia's grip, "I was there! I saw you!"

Sophia frowned at Nureen's sugesstion, then asked the Doctor, "Would that work?"

She never took her eyes off the Blur for a moment, struggling to keep him pinned as he resumed his thrashing.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-11 at 10:49 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port-Blur Interrogation

"Shut up!!!" The Blur shouted thrashing against Sophia's grip, "I was there! I saw you!"

Sophia frowned at Nureen's sugesstion, then asked the Doctor, "Would that work?"

She never took her eyes off the Blur for a moment, struggling to keep him pinned as he resumed his thrashing.
    I'd have to tell you three about it the second you forgot, but it could work. Depends on who you end up looking for. The Doctor extended bits of his body to help Sophia hold the Blur down.

He then glared right at the Blur. I don't know if you've noticed but Shadows all kind of look alike. As in, the only way you'd be able to tell it was me was if I said 'I'm the doctor'. So I'm calling double bull**** on you.

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Free Port - The age old question, can a living thing be used as the focus for divination?

I suppose I can give it a go...
    Nureen dismounts from her horse, handing the reins to Marren, and approaches the Blur.
    Could you hold him in place while Marren immobilises him?
    Marren moved his hands in an intricate pattern, and strands of golden light wrapped around the figure of the Blur. She placed one hand on his shoulder and began to concentrate, a task made harder by her keeping her eyes open.
    At once, she entered the divining state, searching for others of this creature's kind.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll let you decide what the results of her search are and how it affects her and the Blur.

Dragons!