New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord2831 View Post
    Alchazzar, Spire of the Damned

Morgash smirked, turning away from the group, conjuring a spectral viewport in the air before him. He used it to scry on Ombra, watching him in the Forest of Starlight. "Take note, fellows... we can never be too paranoid around those who do not share our ideals completely. Not only is Ombra's test one of bringing me the Soul, but of what he does, and how, to obtain the soul..." The Shade stared into the viewport, using up much of his power to keep it hidden from the Gods he was spying on. The Shade frowned to himself, noticing Belsheroth near Ombra. He strained his divine senses, listening in on the conversation.

Spoiler
    Show
    6 AP - 4 AP = 2 AP
    Create Relic: The Iridescent Viewport. A crack in space and time that can be used to scry on anything the owner wishes. It can only observe events that are currently happening, or follow around individuals that the Owner know's exist. The Iridescent Viewport utilizes much of it's inherent power to keep itself hidden from the individuals and events that it is viewing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    The Forests of Starlight

"It's fairly obvious where it is when you think about it..."
    Belsheroth reached up and scratched his head.
    "I'm sorry to break it to you Ombra... But no. His soul is under my protection from... Well... I think you know who I mean."
    My father, yes. Or rather what's left of him. His eyes narrowed. That is precisely why I need it, actually. Walk with me. He turned to walk through the forest.

We recently had a talk, dear old dad and I. Father to son. He about how he missed me, me about how much of an absentee tosser he was. He growled, putting just the right inflection on it. As I told you at his Cenotaph, I knew next to nothing of him before. But what little I did know included the feel of his power. And it's changed since I last met him.

The Morgash of old was powerful. He glared into the depths of the forest. But this... thing that has returned with his name is weak. And more importantly at the moment, it is changed. He was once high warlock, a powerful wizard, sorcerer, magician, illusionist, whatever you want to call it.

He turned and looked the greater diety dead in the eye. He is a god of the dead and damned now. And for whatever reason, he wants that thing. And he knows you have it. So he will never stop coming.

He paused and slipped his hands together. But if it wasn't here, and was in the possession of, oh say a god of shadows and misdirection, he would not be able to find it because it wouldn't be where he's looking for it, eh?

Ombra was facepalming inside, wondering why this reasoning had sounded so good in his head. Then again, Ombra DID say he was a god of misdirection... He could use this as a distraction, he supposed. He spread his awareness out, trying to find where Belsheroth personally kept the spirit.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-09-17 at 12:08 AM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ettin in the Playground

The Forests of Starlight

Belsheroth walked through the shade of the Forest with Ombra, his robes brushed over a small flower that released a small cloud of silver pollen.
    "Truthfully, his nature is different. But he is no more or less power than he ever was. He may look like a shadow of his former self, and in some ways he is, but do not let that deceive you.
    "And you are correct. He will never stop coming. I do not expect him to. He cannot act against his nature no matter how wrong it is."

He stopped when Ombra stopped and looked at him with a neutral expression.
    "Oh, I have no doubt you can keep something hidden. But should it be found, could you protect it?
    "The wards that guard this realm are sevenfold* and nigh unbreakable*. Should any army invade, the very plane itself will protect its occupants. My army stands guard at the only entrance point, an gate which cannot be broken down by any army or bypassed by stealth or deception. If Morgash wants Hedrin, he'll have to come here himself, and then, I will chain his madness away where it need not trouble us any further."

He looked up at the sky, deep in thought, but looked back upon Ombra suddenly.
    "Are you lost Ombra?"

Spoiler
    Show
    *Obviously exaggerations on his part.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Acabare

"This is odd," Kipt declared, lost in thought. He felt a surge in Gwyn's power that was reminiscent of Aqaeris. "I noticed Aqaeris in the garden of the dead... I think... I think he may have given you his life force..." Kipt really was thoughtful about duty to this world, now more than before. Aqaeris gave it all for what he thought was right. Even myself, I wanted to stop trying a little bit ago. Aqaeris did what he thought was best, and I can respect that.
    With the boost of happiness, Tresingiis was touched. It can't have been an easy thing to do, what Aqaeris did. "I hope he'll speak to us in this form." Just as he said that, Tresingiis gained a deep sense of foreboding, like one of his creations had taken a terrifying wrong turn along the way somewhere. The feeling passed as quickly as it had come, and he chose to ignore it for the time being, so that he could be with the other gods at Acabare and once again determine the future of the pantheon

Drestin

"Friend, I hope," Randon replied, "are you Drestin?"
    Drestin walked closer now, so his face could be seen in the moonlight, "The one and only, I could use more friends..."
    "What news do you bring? I haven't heard from them since they sent me off here, anyway."

Tulmany

"Good, good. There is no power greater than necromancy and lichdom, I have no doubt that you should be able to defeat this false leader. As for me, I will command these troops as best as possible. I think you'll find my undead troops worth several of your standard soldiers; not having a life to worry about in a fight can be a huge advantage. For myself, I may need someone to... yell my orders for me. I am old- too old- and I cannot yell orders to troops over the heat of battle. Any soldier will do so long as he is obedient."
    "Then it will be so." He called for one of the goblins out of line, "IONE!"

A short goblin with a mustache and dark brown hair walked up to them, "Yes? How can I be of service?"

Tylarch pointed at Garrug, "You will be his announcer. When he gives the army an order, holler it." Tylarch left him briefly to address the army. "We won in Shreddokk, that was because we believed in something. We didn't let the false one take us. We are here now, two thousand strong, and we are ready to show him up! We will take back our scarce food that Reddulch has so greedily hoarded. We will prove that no man is less than another. But more directly, We will take back our empire, and win this battle tonight! Hurrah! Hurrah!"

Tylarch ordered the army to follow Garrug's lead in his leave. The army moved towards the city, and Tylarch addressed the Cult of the Damned, "Who are you, and how did you know we where coming here? Answer me!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Pixie in the Playground

And in that brief moment, Fyurl was brought into existence. At first, he only appeared as a misshapen, hazy black mass, but it was only a matter of seconds before his body was fully formed. The tentacles on his face came last of all, bursting unceremoniously from around his mouth, writhing and drooling slime onto his robes before slowly settling down. "Hhhh... I owe you thanks for bringing me into this world then, Father, and am glad you gave me a fitting purpose."

Fyurl growled quietly, unfurling his wings and draping them over his shoulders like a cloak, hunching over slightly. He took note of the figures in the room, but stayed silent for a while as he pieced together his newborn thoughts.

"Of course, I hardly have a choice in joining your organisation... I was born with this very purpose instilled in my essence, after all, and to not join would simply be asking for destruction. Assuming, that is, you do not wish to send me on a test of faith as well...?" Fyurl's tentacles shifted impatiently as he watched those around him, his piercing eyes narrowed slightly in cautious thought.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Titan in the Playground

The Forests of Starlight

Belsheroth walked through the shade of the Forest with Ombra, his robes brushed over a small flower that released a small cloud of silver pollen.
    "Truthfully, his nature is different. But he is no more or less power than he ever was. He may look like a shadow of his former self, and in some ways he is, but do not let that deceive you.
    "And you are correct. He will never stop coming. I do not expect him to. He cannot act against his nature no matter how wrong it is."

He stopped when Ombra stopped and looked at him with a neutral expression.
    "Oh, I have no doubt you can keep something hidden. But should it be found, could you protect it?
    "The wards that guard this realm are sevenfold* and nigh unbreakable*. Should any army invade, the very plane itself will protect its occupants. My army stands guard at the only entrance point, an gate which cannot be broken down by any army or bypassed by stealth or deception. If Morgash wants Hedrin, he'll have to come here himself, and then, I will chain his madness away where it need not trouble us any further."
    Yes, yes I can. He replied coldly. But more importantly, he's not going to look for it in my realm. I can hide it's location from him even if he DOES come to the Shadowlands. To drop the illusion he'd have to kill me. But I can fight him there, and win - even if I DON'T get off an SoS in time.

He looked up at the sky, deep in thought, but looked back upon Ombra suddenly.
    "Are you lost Ombra?"

Spoiler
    Show
    *Obviously exaggerations on his part.
    A white cheshire grin split his face. No. Why?

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ettin in the Playground

The Forests of Starlight

Belsheroth was disturbed by Ombra's grin, but brushed that feeling away.
    "Oh, just that you seem to be paying an unhealthy level of attention to where everything is.
    "It's still too risky. You could create a fortress impenetrable out of your plane, but the transit is too risky. I dare not risk altering the barrier again in case Morgash takes that opportunity to get an army in. He's probably watching my defences very carefully."

He thought for a moment.
    "I could trick him into thinking you have Hedrin's soul... Then, when he comes to take what he thinks is Hedrin's soul from you, we can ambush him and defeat him."

Spoiler
    Show
    I need to get to bed now. I'll try and get up early.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Titan in the Playground

The Forests of Starlight

Belsheroth was disturbed by Ombra's grin, but brushed that feeling away.
    "Oh, just that you seem to be paying an unhealthy level of attention to where everything is.
    "It's still too risky. You could create a fortress impenetrable out of your plane, but the transit is too risky. I dare not risk altering the barrier again in case Morgash takes that opportunity to get an army in. He's probably watching my defences very carefully."

He thought for a moment.
    "I could trick him into thinking you have Hedrin's soul... Then, when he comes to take what he thinks is Hedrin's soul from you, we can ambush him and defeat him."

Spoiler
    Show
    I need to get to bed now. I'll try and get up early.
    Who said anything about a fortress? I'm going to put it inside one of the crystal trees in my realm and tell the tower to keep it away from anyone within. The soul will be shifted from tree to tree by the tower and kept far out of the reach of my father. Even if he suspects I have it, he won't be able to find it.

Moreover, if he comes here before he has the power to defeat you alone, he'll most likely gather allies first.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ombra's going to try and use this conversation as a distraction while he steals it from Belsheroth - something he'd only.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #1178

Acabarë

The golden mist formed into a glowing cloak, speaking softly in a voice that was the sunset.

"I am a last memory to all of you, to give you the last message of Aquaeris before he sacrificed himself to give the universe a little joy."

It turned to Trensgiis.

"Brother, I barely met you, but you did well. You are truly great, though we may be opposites in nature and our ways."

Its golden eyes lighted on Gwyn.

"I only met your father once, but he altered my life. He gave me purpose. His light went into you, but softer and more radiant, more uplifting. Use it well, as well as my strength. But remember your life, and know those who are special to you."

It finally turned to Kipt, wavering.

"Brother, I chose you to lead us. I don't think you will fail through your fault, but only through lack of knowledge or firmness. You are good, better than I ever was. Therefore, this is yours."

It handed Kipt the Staff of the Dead Divine, weeping golden tears.

"Use it well. If you need me, seek father's tree."

The golden Kalpan turned back into a radiant mist and formed around Gwyn once more, but they heard soft, beautiful minor chords playing afterwards, softer and softer.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ettin in the Playground

The Forests of Starlight

Belsheroth shook his head.
    "You assume that he will leave your plane intact. He raised an army against me and took a soul before I could do anything about it. It would be a simple matter to do the same to you."

Spoiler
    Show
    That could work. I don't want it to, but it might. You'd have to leave through the Gate however.
    Still, a simple matter that involves concealing the fact you have Hedrin from Belsheroth and just walking out.

Dragons!

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

The Forests of Starlight

Belsheroth shook his head.
    "You assume that he will leave your plane intact. He raised an army against me and took a soul before I could do anything about it. It would be a simple matter to do the same to you."

Spoiler
    Show
    That could work. I don't want it to, but it might. You'd have to leave through the Gate however.
    Still, a simple matter that involves concealing the fact you have Hedrin from Belsheroth and just walking out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    At this point, I can't think of anything else that COULD work, other than Belsheroth faking a fight and LETTING him get away with the soul, giving Ombra the benefit of the doubt. Which would be stupid, since these two haven't had a great deal of interaction.

Ombra glared at Belsheroth. That's not-... Never mind. He turned to make his way for the gate. I've wasted my time here.

Don't check the soul don't check the soul don't check the soul

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ettin in the Playground

The Forests of Starlight

"My apologies Ombra. I trust you know where the Gate is?
    "Good luck with your endeavours, I'm sorry we couldn't reach an agreement concerning this matter."

Belsheroth walked off toward the Gate to open it for Ombra. He had a nagging suspicion it would slam shut as soon as Ombra approached it...
    He opened the Gate for Ombra and spoke to him as he passed:
    "May you always know kindness, Young Ombra, and those around you never betray you."
    He turned his gaze inward toward the Forests and began counting the souls that resided within.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Gate is open for you and it'll take Belsheroth a few minutes to count all the souls. In other words, plenty of time to make a get away.

Dragons!

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

Alchazzar

Morgash stared into the Iridescent Viewport, watching events unfold. He casually remarked "Welcome to the universe, Fyurl. It is an honor to be here for the birth of evil."

The Shade hesitated for a moment, then bade the Iridescent Viewport to follow Ombra. Morgash knew already what Belsheroth was up to, and from what he remembered, Belsheroth was not one for deceit. "What are you up to, Ombra... Surely you can't be so foolish as to mean what you say... hiding the soul, from your own father..."

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Titan in the Playground

The Gate

Ombra sighed. Very well Belsheroth.

He continued to walk away for a few moments, before turning his head and adding, This better not be because it's already been stolen.

With that cryptic little statement, he turned and left, only allowing himself a cheshire grin when his face was out of Belsheroth's sight.

The moment he was out of Belsheroth's sight he ran like hell for the Shadowlands, sending information to the Eye of Ombra the moment he arrived.

The Shadowlands

He shoved the soul into one of his crystal trees and quickly ran his thoughts and mental might over the soul, picking up as much information about it as he could.

Sorry about this, He told the soul, I don't like it either.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #1184

BlueWizardGirl

A short while ago

Before giving the feather of blasphemy to the Mirage Empire, Tresingiis tweaked it so they could use it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alter Artifact/Relic -2PAP
    full AP calculation OOC, awhile ago.
    It is still infused, it still doesn't pass go and collect $200... ect

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1185

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdelf View Post
    Drestin walked closer now, so his face could be seen in the moonlight, "The one and only, I could use more friends..."
    "What news do you bring? I haven't heard from them since they sent me off here, anyway."
    "Bad news, I fear," Randon replies. "It seems your leader has claimed divinity, and stolen much of the remaining food."

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdelf View Post
    "Then it will be so." He called for one of the goblins out of line, "IONE!"

A short goblin with a mustache and dark brown hair walked up to them, "Yes? How can I be of service?"

Tylarch pointed at Garrug, "You will be his announcer. When he gives the army an order, holler it." Tylarch left him briefly to address the army. "We won in Shreddokk, that was because we believed in something. We didn't let the false one take us. We are here now, two thousand strong, and we are ready to show him up! We will take back our scarce food that Reddulch has so greedily hoarded. We will prove that no man is less than another. But more directly, We will take back our empire, and win this battle tonight! Hurrah! Hurrah!"

Tylarch ordered the army to follow Garrug's lead in his leave. The army moved towards the city, and Tylarch addressed the Cult of the Damned, "Who are you, and how did you know we where coming here? Answer me!"
    The robed figures kept their hoods up, covering their faces in shadow. One of them, who clutched something in his hand, spoke, his voice like a loud whisper, betraying very old age. "We are the followers of the Returned, he who gives us hope in this dreary existence. I, am Cleric Garek, and these, are Adept Sylvira, Adept Tethuan, and Adept Corrinth. Cleric Garek lifted his hood, revealing a deathly pale face, wrinkled and shriveled with many years of old age. "As for how we knew you were coming, the Lord has many disciples, and we got word from Tulmany's scouts that an army was approaching." Cleric Garek turned slightly, Adept Tethuan whispering something into his ear. He nodded, then motioned to Adept Sylvira. She reached into a small bag, pulling out a rolled up piece of paper. "As a show of our good faith, we have brought the plans for the palace of the false god, Reddulch." Cleric Garek said, taking the map and offering it to Tylarch. "We offer the efforts of the Cult of the Returned to aid you in your assault."

17. - Top - End - #1187

BlueWizardGirl

The robed figures kept their hoods up, covering their faces in shadow. One of them, who clutched something in his hand, spoke, his voice like a loud whisper, betraying very old age. "We are the followers of the Returned, he who gives us hope in this dreary existence. I, am Cleric Garek, and these, are Adept Sylvira, Adept Tethuan, and Adept Corrinth. Cleric Garek lifted his hood, revealing a deathly pale face, wrinkled and shriveled with many years of old age. "As for how we knew you were coming, the Lord has many disciples, and we got word from Tulmany's scouts that an army was approaching." Cleric Garek turned slightly, Adept Tethuan whispering something into his ear. He nodded, then motioned to Adept Sylvira. She reached into a small bag, pulling out a rolled up piece of paper. "As a show of our good faith, we have brought the plans for the palace of the false god, Reddulch." Cleric Garek said, taking the map and offering it to Tylarch. "We offer the efforts of the Cult of the Returned to aid you in your assault."
    Tylarch accepted the map, but had a blank stare in his eyes, as if not sure of how to proceed. He squinted at the cultist for a moment and raised his hand, as if to say something accusatory, but then withdrew his hand quickly and changed his posture. "I don't know anything about this, 'Returned One,' and I don't want to. If we leave it at that, we could really use your help taking down this false god. Thank you for this chart, it will make my efforts successful."

He studied it for a minute in fine detail. He located the throne room, the Shrine, and the hallways connecting these places to the outside. There, he hoped to find the feathers that would change the ownership of the empire. "I hope we win.", he said as he handed the map to Garrug, and winked out. He was a magician, after all. He teleported to the ramparts of the wall behind the castle. It was dark and the guards didn't notice the distortion around him, as he jumped down onto the roof of the place in one motion.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

Isyldar looked into the viewpoint and a perplexed frown appeared on his face. "What is Ombra doing? Does he seek to betray us so soon?" said Isyldar angrily.

Veran, Capitol of the Virus

Iclone had went out to scout outside of the farms ringing the moved city, and had left two Awakened to watch over Alyverai, so they could warn him should any deity break his blessing and attack, or seek to ruin his plans.

Alyverai strode through the city, eventually stopping at the docks. There were a number of Virus scrambling about a small fleet of partially built warships, sparks of magic flying as they went.
    "How goes the construction of vessels of war?"
    said Alyverai to the shipwright.
    "It goes swiftly my lord. All we need is to construct some weaponry and we're done. But also my lord, could you look in on the sailmakers? The sails are long overdue" said the shipwright with a worrying frown.
    "I'll do this favour for you, shipwright. Only because I want us to be able to conquer the enemy as swiftly as possible" said Alyverai with a flash of anger in his eyes. The shipwright rushed off to help with the building of the ships once again, yelling at his men to hurry up.

Alyverai opened his wings and took flight, the wind caressing him as he sighed. "Am I the only one who can do anything right around here?" he thought and sighed inwardly. He hovered for a moment.
    "I'd best check the engineers building the aircraft before I check the sailmakers. Hopefully they're progressing at a decent pace"
    mused Alyverai as he flew off towards the techmaturgy labs he had put in as soon as everyone recovered from the city being moved.

He alighted just in front of the door to the labs and let himself in, a spark of his magic opening the door for him. The two Awakened moved to flank him, so as to protect him better. Alyverai looked at his sides and sighed. "I guess I need the protection after what happened before" thought Alyverai, inwardly wincing at the memory. He went up to the Chief Engineer who was in what they called a 'Hangar', and there were loud noises all around him as Virus scuttled around fusing metal together with their magic, sparks flying everywhere he looked.

"How does the aircraft construction go?" said Alyverai to the Chief Engineer.
    "It goes well. Alyveran imprinted the details upon our minds, so it makes it much easier to recreate it with his wishes. They should be ready within the next week. We'll let you know when they're finished my lord. We just need to make weapons for them. Any ideas?" said the Chief Engineer with a frown.
    "What about orbs of magic riddled with steel that will come flying out when detonated, releasing an explosion and also piercing anything nearby with steel?" said Alyverai with a grin.
    "Brilliant my lord! We shall get right on it!" said the Chief Engineer who rushed off to explain Alyverai's idea to the other engineers.
    "My job is done here. Now let us be off!" said Alyverai to his guards, jumping out of the hangar and taking flight, heading towards the sailmakers.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Titan in the Playground

Ombra
    Shadowlands

Ombra placed his palms against the tree that contained the soul, eyes shut and focusing as hard as he could, looking through every bit of the soul's mind and existence. Slowly but surely, he copied everything about it over into a new construct.

He sighed. This is a terrible plan. Risky at best, suicidal at worst. He muttered. You don't even know why he wants this stupid thing or why Belsheroth DOESN'T want him to have it...

As Ombra finished making the new "Hedrin", he made sure he was still transmitting to the Eye - he'd been doing so since talking with Belsheroth. He pulled out two crystal shards from the tree and grinned wickedly. Both held a "soul" within them. ...But it's all I got. He muttered.

I apologize for imprisoning you. He said quietly, without looking at either of them to indicate which he was talking to. Death is a better fate than imprisonment, but I need you alive for now. I promise, it won't last longer than absolutely necessary.

He put his sleeves together and turned around, resting his back against the tree. Now to wait for Belsheroth and hope father doesn't get impatient. His eyes narrowed beneath his hood. It's absolutely critical that Belsheroth shows up first, so that he doesn't come looking for me while I'm gone.

...It's almost as if he knows he's being scryed on...

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.**

The Doctor
    Somewhere in the North

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we-

Spoiler
    Show
    **I considered it, but decided that knowing FOR SURE he was being scryed on really would be utterly stupid and overpowered. And I've pushed my luck enough with this ludicrous plan.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ettin in the Playground

The Forests of Starlight

Ombra's last statement was very suspicious... Still, best to have at least shaky evidence before accusing someone.
    So he continued counting.
    And there was a soul missing. Hedrin's.
    OMBRA!!!!
    He was in so much trouble...

The Shadowlands

Belsheroth had never been to the Shadowlands before, so theoretically, could not know where it was. But he was too angry to care the slightest about logical paradoxes, so he went there anyway, tearing a giant rift in the fabric of reality as he did so and shattering a dozen or so crystal trees.
    Where are you!?!
    The rift sealed shut behind him and he began walking inexorably toward where Ombra was, leaving a trail of shattered and broken trees in his path.
    Come forward and face me, or I will cast you and your every creation into the deepest pits of Hell!
    And then, I will bind every single living thing to my will and they will be happy while their souls are slowly driven mad!

Spoiler
    Show
    The primary advantages of not being a God of Law is that you can have fun and break things once in a while.
    Of course, he won't do most of those things.

Dragons!

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

The Forests of Starlight

Ombra's last statement was very suspicious... Still, best to have at least shaky evidence before accusing someone.
    So he continued counting.
    And there was a soul missing. Hedrin's.
    OMBRA!!!!
    He was in so much trouble...

The Shadowlands

Belsheroth had never been to the Shadowlands before, so theoretically, could not know where it was. But he was too angry to care the slightest about logical paradoxes, so he went there anyway, tearing a giant rift in the fabric of reality as he did so and shattering a dozen or so crystal trees.
    Where are you!?!
    The rift sealed shut behind him and he began walking inexorably toward where Ombra was, leaving a trail of shattered and broken trees in his path.
    Come forward and face me, or I will cast you and your every creation into the deepest pits of Hell!
    And then, I will bind every single living thing to my will and they will be happy while their souls are slowly driven mad!

Spoiler
    Show
    The primary advantages of not being a God of Law is that you can have fun and break things once in a while.
    Of course, he won't do most of those things.
    It's not like I'm hiding from you. Ombra growled out dryly, eyes narrowed as Belsheroth attacked his trees. And I'm sure when you've calmed down you'll realize how much of a stupid ******* of a tool you are and NOT bind all living things into a festering hellscape. Because then I'll finally get a reason to blow the planet up.

...Okay, that's not helping at all. Let me try again. He let his arms fall to his sides, glaring at Belsheroth. You talk like you can keep this thing safe... and yet I stole it from you under your very nose. You're stronger than me, smarter than me, and much more experienced, and I STILL managed to get it here to my realm before you saw it was gone. And then you stormed here in a blind rage like a stupid child. What if I HAD been working with Morgash, hm? What if he'd set up a trap here for you, in MY realm, where I'd be empowered and you would be weak?

He advanced on the Starlight reaper. He formed swords beneath his arms but kept them folded and the blades out of sight. I will fight you if I must but frankly I don't think it's necessary. I've made my point, you can have your stupid sorcerer back.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ettin in the Playground

The Shadowlands
    Spoiler
    Show
    Who said anything about attacking trees? If he was attacking them, and not merely breaking them, I would have said so. Oh well... It was rather ambiguous anyway.

Sparks of divine energy flickered in the air around Belsheroth.
    My rage is hardly blind Ombra.
    The shards of the trees behind that had felt the force of his anger flew back together, restoring themselves as if they had never been damaged in the first place.
    "Ombra... I let you enter the Forests. Had I not, we would not be in this predicament. I have no such intention with any other would be kidnapper.
    "Being granted access to a place and allowed to leave freely does not at all bypass any protections that may be in place. It may be foolhardy to not check the person's pockets, but I thought I could trust you in this. If Morgash had wanted to get the soul of Hedrin himself, we would have a far more serious problem.
    "I don't know what Morgash wants with Hedrin, or Gale. But I also know he desires the souls of other mages also. And there are thousands within the Forests. What he wants them for can hardly be good or decent."

Belsheroth sighed and took up the soul of Hedrin.
    "Do not pay my threats any heed. They were said in the heat of the moment. I would not do such a thing as it violates my own law."
    Despite having what he went there for, he remained.
    "Ombra... I know you would never work with Morgash. You may think otherwise, but you are a creature of law, a different kind of law to say the least, but law nonetheless. You would never support your Father's cause as it defies your own law.
    "Go with strength and wisdom Ombra. May kindness always follow in your footsteps and hope reside always in your heart."

He was gone, and is his place was a single seed, his voice echoing on the breeze*.
    Like all things... Hope must be nourished if it is to grow...

Spoiler
    Show
    *I assume there would be. Otherwise, it would get rather uncomfortable.
    Anyway... Enjoy your free relic, do whatever you want with it. Plant it on your own plane, plant it elsewhere... Make it into bonsai...
    On second thought, don't make it into bonsai, it grows too fast and would resist your attempts.

Starting AP: 16
    Create Relic: The Singing Tree
    This tree started out as simple seed in the Shadowlands. It will grow rather quickly and it resembles a cherry tree in appearance. It is immortal and cannot be harmed save through divine action.
    Once it has reached full size, it will flower, producing small blossoms of purple and white. The fruit is, unfortunately, inedible. Despite the immortality of the tree, any seeds it produces are mortal, though can still sprout into trees that can last up to two thousand years.
    The Singing Tree, and its descendants have one important property; When the wind blows through their branches, they produce a song that is very calming.
    The Singing Tree itself has great powers to banish evil, its song is painful to evil creatures and the undead and will destroy or banish any incorporeal evil or undead and shields the minds of those who hear it from manipulation.
    Its descendants have significantly less power than the original, but are still useful. They are very hardy and can grow in almost any climate, but unlike their progenitor, they are vulnerable to death. Their song is weaker, but still weakens evil spirits and the undead.
    Nevertheless, one must not rely on the trees as a defence for they are dependant on the wind, are not capable of banishing evil and can die.
    Remaining AP: 12

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Titan in the Playground

Shadowlands

Ombra let him leave.

Seething with rage. 'Creature of law'... He snarled angrily, glaring at the seed. He turned and walked out of the Shadowlands. I don't need hope. Hope is the first step on the road to despair. He left the Shadowlands, making as if to wander off.

When he was out and wandering, he grinned wickedly and help up a crystal near-identical to the first. Fool... Can't believe he trusted me again... His grin grew wider as he slipped it into his sleeves along with the rest of his arm.

Alcahazzar

Ombra returned, stepping from the shadows with his arms together beneath his sleeves. His dark red eyes shined from beneath his hood.

Spoiler
    Show
    4AP - Create the fake soul (forgot to do this earlier)

((i thought i posted this over an hour ago, sorry =( ))
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-09-19 at 09:15 AM.

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

Alchazzar

Morgash laughed, truly laughed, not in evil glee, but in actual joy. He turned to face Ombra, moving the Iridescent Viewport to show Ombra what had been seen. "I had my doubts, son, but you've proven your loyalty beyond what I could have hoped. You have passed my test." The Shade drifted over to Ombra, embracing him. "I thank you, my son... I had my doubts, but your last actions are proof that you can be trusted."

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Orc in the Playground

DragonLoft
    As Jarla waits most of the Drakes leave, but about 30 of them stayed and started sparring.
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

Alchazzar

Morgash laughed, truly laughed, not in evil glee, but in actual joy. He turned to face Ombra, moving the Iridescent Viewport to show Ombra what had been seen. "I had my doubts, son, but you've proven your loyalty beyond what I could have hoped. You have passed my test." The Shade drifted over to Ombra, embracing him. "I thank you, my son... I had my doubts, but your last actions are proof that you can be trusted."
    Ombra

He didn't return the hug. Yeah, sure. He growled, handing him the crystal with the soul in it. All I had to do was lie to a god, betray my principles by enslaving a soul, betray one of the few friends I have and play roulette with my life. He turned to leave. Hope you like what we got in exchange, father.

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Beneath the World and Across the Land

Setebos was not a creature of night, and he could not travel through darkness. But he could travel through the darkness of others, which was a raw and gritty method not befitting to most gods. However it would have to do as he was still something of a newborn in this world. What he sought was the feelings of rage and regret that resided in the souls that had not been shepherd yet, and through them, like a stone skipping on water he would flow in their memories, bask in their untapped hatred, and move on. What he could do with this power, and yet, it had to wait. The problem with the hatred of the dead was that it was merely echoed what once was; it could not grow or change into something greater. For that you needed the living.

In that moment across every country with an established and developed society a certain spark awoke in choice individuals. To some it manifested in sheer inspiration, to others, it spoke like a divine calling,but all of them could feel the voice of Setebos talking to them from a dead place in themselves. Each one had a good share of money, contacts, and resources at their disposal. They all had talent, and all had a horrible scar within their soul caused by who knows what. Setebos offered them a choice, one that involved power but also one that demanded allegiance. Without fail, and from free will, each submitted. Upon the mental agreement with Setebos from within, a small tattoo of a burning tiger within a shield appeared somewhere on their body. Over the weeks that follow, like a hive mind, each set-out to build a respective guild house in their respective locations. Upon the day of completing the house, eerily, all at once mercenaries come to their doorsteps for enlistments. They come from all walks of life, each having an outlook on Vengeance similar to Setebos except less extreme and more specific. Upon joining this faction they all are offered the same agreement Setebos offered the guild masters, and upon acceptance receive the same tattoo as the guild masters, although the process is done by mortal hands and is far more painful. After these first initial days, the applicants stopped coming in, but each faction start to send members out to begin recruiting. And Setebos' power grows.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 ap, Form Organization: The Shield of the Burning Tigers: The real purpose of these guilds are to house the mortal factions of Setebos' followers. However, it is indeed an order of mercenaries that will take most any job for coin (unless instructed otherwise), and they function within the law of their respective communities in all ways on the surface. Members come from every intelligent race but all share the alignment of being lawful evil. Setebos has no temples to speak of, and if one wants to show any sort of tribute in his favor they donate money to the guilds (or offer a job for coin). These establishments exist all throughout the world that have civilized societies (like starbucks, and probably just as evil). The clerics of Setebos also reside within these houses and help run them.

Spoiler
    Show
    1ap, Create Lesser Concept: The Emblem of the Burning Tigers (tattoo): Upon entering this order, each member receives this tattoo on a place on their body that they select. While at first glance it is made up of solid lines, the tattoo is actually made up of a long-winded document which has been burned into the memory of guild masters mind, and by hand they write out this agreement in the smallest of fine print to the point where each line becomes thick and solid. Of course the process takes nearly a day for something that should only take an hour (if it were comprised of just one solid line instead), and it often causes bleeding and leaves the applicant unconscious from pain. Upon completion, whoever has the tattoo will too be able to recall any part of the agreement by heart. The tattoo will always heal in a timely manner, and will never cause infection of any kind.

Affects: Having this tattoo allows the person to receive any sort of benefit from one of Setebos' domains. This stacks with any benefit they get from being a cleric, or any other source. Also they can change which domain benefit they channel once every 24 hours if they wish. Even if the individual cannot use magic in the slightest, they receive this benefit. This also effects Wrath Knights, although they don't receive a cleric abilities of channeling benefits of a domain despite being able to cast its magic.

Also, since a part of Setebos lives within each tattoo, the person who has it inscribed on them may evoke it in a Death Oath to swear to kill an enemy. They gain +1 on all rolls to hit and damage (regardless of whether the rolls involves the subject or not) for the duration of this oath. They also receive an additional +5 on all rolls for tracking (but only if it involves the subject) for the duration of this spell, as they can sense the unique aura of the subjects soul during the Oaths duration. However, if the subject of the oath is not dead within 48 hours, the person invoking the oath will take 1 damage for each time the effects of the oath affected a roll. Like the death effect, that damage cannot be prevented or misdirected in anyway. If a person lives through this damage, no further penalties are invoked on them for failing to fulfill that particular Death Oath. If they die from this damage they will turn into a Wrath Knight within 1d4 rounds. They can only assign the Death Oath to one enemy at a time and cannot use it again until they have killed that enemy, or 48 hours has passed and they take the accumulative damage. Wrath Knights cannot invoke a Death Oath.

Stipulations: If at any point the individual breaks the rules tattoo'd within the emblem, they die with no saving throw, an effect which cannot be changed or altered by any magic of any form (Not even Setebos can prevent it), and within 1d4 rounds they turn into a Wrath Knight. Wrath Knights can in no way be forced to break this oath.

Spoiler
    Show
    2ap, Divine Infusion (Emblem of the Burning Tigers): Setebos lives in each of these tattoos. His presence within them is the source for much of their magical abilities. He knows the doings and activities of all people who have this tattoo as if constantly casting a scry spell on them. He gains a telepathic link to them, which he will use actively to guide them if the ordeal is worthy of his attention, but the exchange will always be brief and concise.

Spoiler
    Show
    3 ap, Buy domain: Oaths&Vows(pact)

3ap+2ap+1ap+2ap= 8ap

15ap-8ap=7ap :)
    Last edited by A.P.Carry; 2012-09-19 at 05:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1198

Acabare

"Th-Thank you Aqaerius."

Gwyn bowed, "I shall not take your gift or your sacrifice lightly."

She turned to the others, there was a new strength in her, a new resolve, "We should discuss the disposition of our forces, the Circle of Darkness will not stand idly by while we gather our strength. I would volunteer the knights to perform harrasment, to keep them within their blasted spires while we come up with a more permanent solution."

The Smallfolk Province

Kuruk smiled and cracked a few of his knuckles, Let the haggling begin!

Spoiler
    Show
    All right, I'll let you decide the exchange rate they set up. I was thinking, average acre gave about a 7-10 bushel yield after the horsedrawn plow was invented (unless we're talking mediterranean climate then ignore the plow part) and since this guy is a small farmer... I'm thinking 1 bushel/ minor pearl plus a downpayment of a rather beautiful necklace.

BTW: Minor Pearl is the lowest quality pearl, but it still shines brightly in the sunlight.

A Black Pearl is the highest quality and is easily worth over a hundred minor pearls

The War in the North

The knight's charge stalled meeting the crest of the hill. They battled hard, but even with the vampires there, it looked to be a losing cause.

Nettal frowned, "Perhaps that wasn't your best strategy?"

"I didn't tell you the part where you go and wreck everything?"

Nettal smiled slightly, "No, no you did not."

With that, he transformed into a hawk, and took flight amongst the storm, attempting to land behind the bulwerk of Cerunians and destroy it all with thunder and Earth.

The Caravans would come, but it would not be for some time, for unbeknownst to the Cerunian calvary, a messanger had escaped during the fighting and rode hard for Calasanctium, warning the homeguard.

The Sublieutenant would take a cohort of horsed knights and hide them among the caravan, inviting the Calvary to attack. Nay, daring them to attack.

The Doctor & Sophia

Sophia got really tired of this. She stopped responding and hour ago, that did not dissuade him. Until Finally.

"Yes! Yes! Thank the Gods! We're here!"

Below them lay a ruined city.

Spoiler
    Show
    @Elemental: Do you mind if this is Cerune about a week after the war? If you do I'll edit it, we can hash out the details a little later.

Silver Fire Island

The University of Magic did wonders for the advancement of Magical knowledge. Trianna especially rapidly became a truly powerful wizard, capable of magical feats never seen before. It was whispered, that she could stop time itself!

But with great power, comes great jealousy. Most of the mages at the college, looked up to Trianna, but there were some, who hated her. They claimed the only reason she advanced so rapidly was a god's favor. The foremost among these was Celeste, second to only Trianna in power, she was the daughter of a great merchant on the Isle and exhibited great talent in the magical arts. But she was always, second best. Always, second to Trianna.

That was, until she discovered a secret. One day while she was trying to master a difficult spell, she became frustrated. The parrot that she kept in the corner of her well lit chamber kept repeating every muttered curse, every angry admonition.

This just made it worse. She wanted to kill that stupid bird, then, it happened. Power flooded through her, and an invisible wall surrounded her, she yelped in joy as she dismissed the spell.

Triumphant she looked at the parrot, it was still standing on the perch, but it breathed no more. Horror creased Celeste's face as she slowly realized what had happened, she had used the parrot to gain the little power she needed to cast the spell.

But horror, gave way to a macabre interest. She delved deeper into this art, knowing all the while what she was doing. Knowing that the pure art of wizardry was being corrupted by her actions. She didn't care, it was a source, it was a way to surpass Trianna, it was worth it.

Soon, it was rumored she had achieved just that and joined Trianna as one of the foremost instructors of the Mystic Art. Slowly, but surely, she began to divulge the secrets of her power, to share the techniques with her students.

No one ever could explain why the Silver Fire Island yielded no grain, why its trees seemed to die.

Then, one of Celeste's students became sickened by the practice, but before he could warn Trianna, Celeste reduced him to ash. Presumably erasing all evidence of her misdeed and she would've been correct! Had no one else witnessed the crime. A small goblin named Tuktuk, saw what Celeste did and told Trianna.

Trianna had regarded Celeste as her most trusted colleague and did not believe Tuktuk, but was convinced to question Celest, if only to quiet the little goblin and keep him from making unfounded rumors.

It was then, that Trianna witnessed first hand how far Celeste had truly fallen, she was using human subjects, from whom she could draw power! Sickened and outraged, Trianna and Celeste engaged in a duel of magical might ne'er before seen in mortal lands.

The destruction of the brick and mortar that made the university was unavoidable when such Titans of Arcane Might Clashed and the new structure was cast down into the bowels of the Earth. Though the heart of the University, its students, they survived. Eventually, Trianna defeated her wayward sister. But staid her hand. She couldn't kill her.

Biggest mistake of Trianna's short life.

So, Trianna exiled Celeste with all her followers, forever after, Magic would be divided between the Black Mages and the Wizards. And there would be great enmity between them for all time.

For a woman had lost her father and returned he had sought to corrupt one of the world's greatest works.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 7
    Raise Hero: Trianna -4AP

Ending AP: 3

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone is welcome to take over Celeste and her Black Mages, I don't have any plans for them at the moment.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-19 at 09:13 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    The Doctor & Sophia

Sophia got really tired of this. She stopped responding and hour ago, that did not dissuade him. Until Finally.

"Yes! Yes! Thank the Gods! We're here!"

Below them lay a ruined city.

Spoiler
    Show
    @Elemental: Do you mind if this is Cerune about a week after the war? If you do I'll edit it, we can hash out the details a little later.
    HOOORRAAAAAAoooooh... He blinked down at the ruined city as he landed and jumped off of Sophia's back. ...I almost wish we weren't.

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #1200

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    HOOORRAAAAAAoooooh... He blinked down at the ruined city as he landed and jumped off of Sophia's back. ...I almost wish we weren't.
    Sophia strode to the edge of the building, "You mean that's not a constant state of being for you?"

She came to the ledge, "oh gods."

She saw the city, seeing the ruin this, bore a whole new meaning for her. She clutched her stomach, "I think I'm going to be sick."

Spoiler
    Show
    Note: First line is intentionally awful, she's new to this whole humor thing.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-19 at 09:17 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death