New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Conversation With a Vine Sprite
    Spoiler
    Show
    They know the meaning of the word devoted, but not freedom?
    That's a rather odd linguistic occurrence likely resulting from the fact that they've never experienced anything that prevents freedom.

"The pain will be gone soon enough. And then I shall rest forever."
    He slowly began to lose consciousness. Already, the pain was fading.
    "They say the Reaper has prepared a place for us. And it is there that my soul shall rest..."
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Conversation With a Vine Sprite
    Spoiler
    Show
    They know the meaning of the word devoted, but not freedom?
    That's a rather odd linguistic occurrence likely resulting from the fact that they've never experienced anything that prevents freedom.

"The pain will be gone soon enough. And then I shall rest forever."
    He slowly began to lose consciousness. Already, the pain was fading.
    "They say the Reaper has prepared a place for us. And it is there that my soul shall rest..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    yes, they're strange. They're supposed to be.

and, yes, they understand being focused on a cause. They themselves live to spread the Green and to learn.

But to them, "freedom" is not a concept they vocalize for exactly the reason you gave. Without a concept of slavery or loss of freedom, how does one define freedom? It's like trying to explain a flavor to someone who's never eaten it.

Final Words

These creatures truly were devoted. This one here was ready to die, it seemed. Feeling compassion, the Vine Sprite flew over to a nearby weed growing on the edge of the battlefield. It didn't do too much by itself, but when its juices were mixed in with a hash of grass seeds and a touch of the Greenvine, it formed a powerful narcotic. One which, unfortunately, tended to put the recipient into a deep coma if the dosage was not carefully controlled.

As a means of peaceful release to the dying, it was without equal.

"You are very brave to feed the carrion eaters so. Be at peace." The vine sprite took this lethal poultice and pressed it over the wound. The soldier would feel a shock of cold initially, followed by a lack of pain and a growing sense of euphoria and warmth.

Spoiler
    Show
    btw, what race, exactly was that soldier? the Sprite is going to be seeking out a not-dying member of that species to ask her questions.

anyways, the first of the vine sprites' powers! They can make herbal remidies and poisons from all sorts of plant matter when they unlock the potential of the herbs with a touch of magic. They will soon be teaching this technique to others.

ap: 4=5-1(create concept: master herbalism)

It is in essence a teachable skill to be able to look at a plant and instantly see any potential uses it may have. Those who have been initiated into the art are able to make poultices and potions for almost anything using a wide variety of plants to do it. They can even pull off some rather supernatural effects such as poisons that make people forget the recent past or potions to instantly mend broken bones. These effects, though, require specific, powerful ingredients and are difficult to ad-lib or substitute for.

It also is a basic skill required to use the more powerful types of effects that the Greenvine can be put to.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ettin in the Playground

And Death Was Quick

The soldier was much too tired to really feel euphoric, but at least he was warm.
    All was darkness and silence.
    But a soul persists despite death, and a Belsherai drifted in unseen on silent wings and took up the soul of the warrior to take him to his rest...

Spoiler
    Show
    Considering the way things are going, then it's only a matter of time until war comes to the Vine Sprites in one form or another.

Anyway... The soldier was Human. I would claim Ravenkin, but I don't control any forces with Ravenkin among them in this war.

And I'm rather curious as to what the Vine Sprites would do with the divinely provided healing herbs that already exist. Admittedly, only three that I am aware of exist on the Mortal World, but you know what I mean.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Titan in the Playground

And Death Was Quick

The soldier was much too tired to really feel euphoric, but at least he was warm.
    All was darkness and silence.
    But a soul persists despite death, and a Belsherai drifted in unseen on silent wings and took up the soul of the warrior to take him to his rest...

Spoiler
    Show
    Considering the way things are going, then it's only a matter of time until war comes to the Vine Sprites in one form or another.

Anyway... The soldier was Human. I would claim Ravenkin, but I don't control any forces with Ravenkin among them in this war.

And I'm rather curious as to what the Vine Sprites would do with the divinely provided healing herbs that already exist. Admittedly, only three that I am aware of exist on the Mortal World, but you know what I mean.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ooh... the potential there is vast...

probably be able to do the truly impossible like make potions that heal aging, regrow lost limbs, or mutate them into other things.

The Passage of a Warrior

The Vine Sprite watched as the creature died, giving up its body for food to other life. Even after interviewing one on the brink of giving up its life, she still did not understand why it had chosen to give up its life to feed the earth. Still, when offered the chance to be healed of the pain and live, it had chosen to die. Apparently, this "freedom" thing was important to die for. She didn't see how dying was supposed to help one get it, but then of course, she didn't even understand what the "it" really meant.

Perhaps she needed to talk to one of these creatures that wasn't dying just yet.

With that thought in mind, the curious little Vine Sprite flew off away from the field where the things were sacrificing each other to "Freedom" to find a more peaceful band of these creatures.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Razorpine Forest

The battle for Razorpine Forest was going badly. Not for lack of trying on Dull-Coat's part, in-fact his guerrilla fighting army had lost only a few men and ssaved many men and beast. But still, they were fighting a losing battle and so Dull-Coat decided to do something for morale.

Finding a large Kriegmensch at the top of a hill he teleported next to him, cutting both foot tendons so it couldn't move. Then he stuck two spears in its legs, pinning it to the ground so its legs stayed standing. Finally, he stuck a spear through its throat so it couldn't speak. Then he stood atop the Kriegmensch like it was a macabre speaking platform.

Kriegmensch! I am Dull-Coat! Hear me for I curse you! Forevermore shall you and your descendants be weaker both in mind and body! Forevermore shall you and your descendants be lost in this world! Forevermore shall you and your descendants remember who did this to you! Dull-Coat! Leader of the Lloya army! and suddenly he felt weaker, as if he had used all his power in that speech, and so he teleported away to rest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting Dull-Coat AP: 4
    Curse: The Kriegmensch will be forever weaker in body -1AP
    Curse: The Kriegmensch will be forever weaker in mind -1AP
    Curse: The Kriegmensch lose any sense of direction they had -1AP
    Curse: The Kriegmensch will always know Dull-Coat and remember what he did -1AP
    Ending Dull-Coat AP: 0
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The War in the North
    Spoiler
    Show
    By entire battlefield, do you mean entire battlefield, or just the arena that Nettal set aside for this fight? Because that's what I'm going by.

"That is where you are wrong. Death is for everything that lives, otherwise life has no meaning."
    Rushaan watched as the fire enclosed upon Nettal, still concealed within the cloud of dust. The heat of the fire tried to burn him, but his magic dampened it, and the flames tried to catch on his cloak, but they found no purchase.
    He briefly took stock of the situation. Fire, loads of it, and a person with stone for skin. Eyes obviously a weak point, but too protected...
    The illusionary copies of Rushaan began to spin around Nettal, going too fast to be seen. They whipped the air into a frenzy, drawing in smoke and dust and forming a whirlwind.
    "But I do not expect you to realise that. You have clearly lived apart from the world for too long. And don't lecture me about being in touch with nature, you know that's not what I meant.
    "Until you have seen the joy of life as clearly expressed by those who live it and cherish it knowing it ends, then you know nothing worth knowing."

"How quaint." Nettal's voice crackled like the heat of an inferno. The whirlwind drove his flaming body to greater and greater heights, until he could just barely touch the thunderheads above. With a mighty flaming claw he reached inside the storm clouds and grasped the power therein.

A bolt of lightning, of simply gargantuan proportions, fell from the clouds above. Blinding light, searing heat,deafening thundercracks all struck instantly, the raw power of nature in its most vicious form, homing in on the sorcerer below.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land That is Empty

Drath leaned forward on the Throne of Morgash. "Oh, give it a rest you arrogant prick." he said, pointing a bony finger at Anzhela. "Bring your own bodyguards if you will, my Lord will not have you ambush us and destroy our envoys. So the Bodyguards stay, including those you haven't seen." As Drath spoke, two Voidspawn faded into view, flanking the Throne he was seated on. "Let's get on with this... what are your terms?"

Alchazzar

Morgash gazed at his newborn son, then rose from his throne. "I task you with the corruption of mortalkind... continue the work of my brother, Daazo... gather the forces of the universe unto evil... Go my son, gaze into the well, glean it's insight, and then go."

Spoiler
    Show
    Any god who can access Morgazzar and spends a minute or two gazing into the Well of Eternity adds +1 to RCR until rollover.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-26 at 01:44 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Alchazzar

"Yes father! Your will, my hands"

Raphael raised, his form stable now. He was dressed lavishly, his clothes bristling with gold and gems.

He gazed into the Well of Eternity and saw the emptiness of the Void around the First World.... so insignificant.
    A god, fingers trembling with power ready to be unleashed and yet all of his essence would not be enough to shape even a minuscole part of such emptiness.

"First things first" muttered Raphael to himself and closed his eyes, his godly willpower reaching for those who provided him with the energy to come into being: vampires.
    Raphael felt them, and they felt him back. Despite dead as doornails they bristled with desires, fears, bloodlust and hatred for humans! So he began to tweak with their senses, subtly but steadily pushing them towards him...

"OUCH!"

Raphael reeled, his bare senses had clashed with the work of another god who was already tweaking with the minds of some vampires: Fyurl.
    "Born minutes ago, and I have a rival already" he thought, and disappeared.

Calasanctium

"You will be my apostle, my hand and my will. You will lead your kin to my church and to glory and bloodshed. You will carry my Book, each one of its pages a spell of power... all of this will be yours if you promise to serve me. Or you may say no, maybe one of your brothers will instead say yes."

"NO!! I WILL! I will serve you my Lord! Bless me with this task!" said Heliah, an elder vampire on his knees who was already an authority among his kin.

"Willingly you accept your task, willingly you accept my gifts, willingly you accept me. From now until the end of times the magic of our pact will bind us together"

There was no flash, no strange display or anything weird. Such was Pact Magic: subtle but strong as the gods themselves. Raphael handed the Bible of Blood to Heliah.

"Thank you Lord! My brothers shall flock to your church or I will kill them myself!" said an exalted Heliah.

"Do not disappoint me with coercion. Offer them my power, bless them with my bible, tell them of my greatness, anything. Joining is an act of free will, if I see you coerce any of them I will take my gifts back"

"Yes my Lord, your will be done!" said the vampire and departed, looking at the Bible like a child looks at the ultimate candy.

After Heliah left, Raphael closed his eyes and reached for Fyurl with a short, direct statement: "Hello, you and I definitely need to have words"

Spoiler
    Show

Starting AP: 15, PAP: 0

Alter Land (-1): Raphael creates the Sanguine Cathedral: a great structure dedicated to himself and to the Church. It resembles the Vatican but it is more grim and made by black marble. Fountains of blood, human blood, adourn its courtyard.
    The land in roughly one square mile is barrened of life, its lifeforce snuffed out and absorbed by Raphael.

Craft Artifact (-4): The Bible of Blood - This artifact grants almost godly magical powers. It also urges the bearer to bind with Pact magic more and more entities to Raphael.
    It appears as a big book which drips blood when opened, and gives +2 to RCR to the bearer.

If the bearer is not binded to Raphael no ill effects will occur immediately, but the Bible will seriously urge him/her to invoke Raphael for.. "dealings".

Form Organization (-2): The Church of Raphael. Raphael wants veneration by his followers, and entering the Church requires bind via Pact magic, be it subtle or blatant does not matter as long as the pact is made.

Any new member will be given small benefits in return for the Pact: ability to cast spells approved by Raphael, enhanced martial power or something as mundane as better looks or "better skills under the sheets".

Heliah is the current Apostle of Raphael, the maximum charge within the church.

Bless (-1) : Raphael blesses the whole vampire race with the intent to awake latent magical powers into them.
    As an additional effect their resistance to magical attacks is increased slightly.
    Joining the Church of Raphael increases this effect.

Gain Domain (-3): Vampires (magic). Raphael forces his way into more elements of the Vampire domain, seeking to dominate all their magical portfolio; latent or wielded by their mages.

Join Pantheon (-1): Raphael wants to join The Circle of Darkness.

Remaining AP: 3, PAP: 0
    Last edited by Killerloop; 2012-09-28 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Colorfix'ed

9. - Top - End - #1299

Post War Cerune

Sophia swallowed as she peaked around the horse doctor, "Of course ma'am we jus- ****"

The Ravenkin stopped dead in her tracks, "Sophia??"

"Doctor. Fly."

Spoiler
    Show
    When's the Huntress coming in?

Acabare

Gwyn frowned as she watched the goings on, "Perhaps we could send a mediator, V-65. Would the Inevitables~"

"No, we are decidedly against what the Returned is trying to do and as such would make poor mediators."

"Really, you have an opinion?"

"We are beings of order as Merolle designed us to be. As such we follow our mandate, which you changed to mean that we protect the universe as it is and the Returned wishes to remake it."

Gwyn sighed, "Any other options?"

"Yes actually, Belsheroth's short-lived son made beings of complete neutrality designed to judge souls objectively."
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Post War Cerune

Sophia swallowed as she peaked around the horse doctor, "Of course ma'am we jus- ****"

The Ravenkin stopped dead in her tracks, "Sophia??"

"Doctor. Fly."

Spoiler
    Show
    When's the Huntress coming in?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have no idea Never seemed like a good time. Maybe when they leave/hide away.

The Doctor split and attached to Sophia's back as a pair of wings. Got it. He quickly flapped, getting Sophia into the air.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #1301

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have no idea Never seemed like a good time. Maybe when they leave/hide away.

The Doctor split and attached to Sophia's back as a pair of wings. Got it. He quickly flapped, getting Sophia into the air.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Np, whenever you feel like it man

The Doctor took flight, carrying Sophia into the air leaving a dumbfounded knight on the ground. "Why the Hell is she here??"

A voice rang in her head, not really a voice, more a memory, "Calm down!"

"An angry warrior is a stupid warrior. Okay, She sounds a little better, but not much, "She saw me but with luck she'll think it was a hallucination, let's just press forward."

From their elevated Vantage point they can see over the curtain wall and into the castle itself. There are several turrets on the castle, each with their own entrance. Other than that, there's the courtyard, and the front gate.

The Courtyard has about 15 guards milling about, no nonsense stuff, they're on patrol. The front gate has three guards and each turret has one idly surveying the area.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord2831 View Post
    The Land That is Empty

Drath leaned forward on the Throne of Morgash. "Oh, give it a rest you arrogant prick." he said, pointing a bony finger at Anzhela. "Bring your own bodyguards if you will, my Lord will not have you ambush us and destroy our envoys. So the Bodyguards stay, including those you haven't seen." As Drath spoke, two Voidspawn faded into view, flanking the Throne he was seated on. "Let's get on with this... what are your terms?"

Alchazzar

Morgash gazed at his newborn son, then rose from his throne. "I task you with the corruption of mortalkind... continue the work of my brother, Daazo... gather the forces of the universe unto evil... Go my son, gaze into the well, glean it's insight, and then go."

Spoiler
    Show
    Any god who can access Morgazzar and spends a minute or two gazing into the Well of Eternity adds +1 to RCR until rollover.
    Alchazzar

Isyldar looked into the well and felt imbued with energy and awe. As inspiration to this, the thought of a new creation came to him. Globules of green energy dripped out of his eyes and into his hands.

He summoned an anvil and hammer in the corner of the room and put himself to work on creating a weapon of power. Of wondrous, evil power. He imbued it with his very essence, shaping it with his hands, his tools and his very thoughts.

The green energy began to take shape into the form of a great warhammer, with the symbol of a flame* appearing on the head, almost like it had been instantaneously chiseled with fine precision. Isyldar summoned a barrel of icy water and immediately submerged the warhammer in it. The instant the war hammer hit the water a cloud of steam rushed upwards, enveloping Isyldar.

The steam cloud slowly faded, the warhammer glowing with a green energy with an aura of pure chaos. It was large enough to be wielded by two hands, but at the same time small enough to be wielded by one.

"Maleficus is now complete. I shall wield it in the upcoming battle, should it come to that" stated Isyldar in a gleeful voice. A faint evil cackle came from Maleficus as it positively glowed with malice and hatred towards the enemies of its master.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start AP: 4+3PAP (Each 3 deities joining CoD means 1 extra PAP, so we have 9 if you count Raphael who requested to join, and I'm sure he's welcome so that makes 3 right..?)

Create Relic AP4: Maleficus, Warhammer of Isyldar. It has a small shard of Isyldar inside of it, therefore possessing a shard of personality so it is its own being. +2RCR bonus.

End AP: 3PAP.

*The symbol looks like this:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Peace Conference

Maleficus appeared in the shard's hand, glowing with green energy that was still there from its recent creation. The shard merely grinned pointily as his eyes burned with green flames.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-10-16 at 01:29 AM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Np, whenever you feel like it man

The Doctor took flight, carrying Sophia into the air leaving a dumbfounded knight on the ground. "Why the Hell is she here??"

A voice rang in her head, not really a voice, more a memory, "Calm down!"

"An angry warrior is a stupid warrior. Okay, She sounds a little better, but not much, "She saw me but with luck she'll think it was a hallucination, let's just press forward."

From their elevated Vantage point they can see over the curtain wall and into the castle itself. There are several turrets on the castle, each with their own entrance. Other than that, there's the courtyard, and the front gate.

The Courtyard has about 15 guards milling about, no nonsense stuff, they're on patrol. The front gate has three guards and each turret has one idly surveying the area.
    Well if we want to get into the castle we could go through one of the turrets. The Doctor suggested. Knock out one guard there and we're already inside.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ettin in the Playground

The War in the North

Lightning... How he hated lightning... He swore and began reciting an ancient mantra, sword held across his chest.
    As the lightning first reached him, it merely crackled around the edges of his form. However, the main part of the bolt overwhelmed his defences. As he felt his body begin to burn, he called out one final spell:
    May your reckoning be slow and your souls never find rest!
    Sparks of darkness soared out from him as his body was incinerated by the heat of the lightning. The sparks flew out and embedded themselves in every living Knight and Druid.
    The army of Cerune withdrew from the field, making their way to their city.

Spoiler
    Show
    The sparks won't do much until activated by an appropriate curse from a deity. They're just there, buried deep within the souls of all Knights and Druids, a dark stain that will never fade.

The Land That is Empty

"Mr. Drath, Lord Isyldar, Lady Savorla...
    "Since you insist on the bringing of bodyguards, weapons and others, I'm going to have to wait until the representative of Lady Gwyn arrives to sort out this mess."

She remained in her seat while Drath scowled at her flanked by illusory* bodyguards, Savorla sat with her lover on her lap and Isyldar played with his new toy. Clearly, none of them had any idea how a peace conference worked.

Spoiler
    Show
    *See OOC for details as to why they have to be illusory.
    Unless of course you already had Voidspawn outside of the Void when the barrier went up, at which point they're not illusory and Anzhela just thinks they are.
    Actually, let's go with that. They're real because they were already outside of the Void.

Arcabare

"An impartial mediator sounds like a good idea... I have a feeling we're going to need one.
    "If the information I'm getting from Anzhela is correct, they seem to think it's a good idea that a peace conference needs weapons and bodyguards."

Dragons!

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The War in the North

Lightning... How he hated lightning... He swore and began reciting an ancient mantra, sword held across his chest.
    As the lightning first reached him, it merely crackled around the edges of his form. However, the main part of the bolt overwhelmed his defences. As he felt his body begin to burn, he called out one final spell:
    May your reckoning be slow and your souls never find rest!
    Sparks of darkness soared out from him as his body was incinerated by the heat of the lightning. The sparks flew out and embedded themselves in every living Knight and Druid.
    The army of Cerune withdrew from the field, making their way to their city.

Spoiler
    Show
    The sparks won't do much until activated by an appropriate curse from a deity. They're just there, buried deep within the souls of all Knights and Druids, a dark stain that will never fade.

"I think there has been enough fighting. Now is the time for a new order to rise. And I shall lead it." The mighty column of green flame that made up Nettals body collapsed inward until it formed a single point of blinding light. It then exploded outward, leaving only Nettal floating in the air high above the battlefield. However he was different. Nettal was more than any mere mortal, he was a god.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 4 (according to Yeshon)
    Create Legendary Concept: Apotheosis- 4 AP
    Nettal is now a Deity, and it is possible for mortals to ascend to divinity through an unknown and extremely complex series of events that are different for each mortal in question. One thing that is absolutely necessary is that the mortal must posess a false spark and expend a large amount of AP to purify that spark.
    As a purely technical point, Wigbach is Nettal's progenitor.
    Final AP: 15 for becoming a FLEDGELING DEITY

Now then, where to seek the other gods? Nettal sent out his will, seeking sources of divine power. Somewhere in uninhabited lands gathered many shards of the great divines. There. and the fledgeling god departed the battlefield.

He appeared in a crack of thunder in the middle of the peace negotiations, looking around at each of the gods present, he smiled.

Hello, my fellows. How fares the matters divine?

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know what gods have interacted with Nettal previously or what kind of knowledge they'd have regarding him. I'll leave that all up to you. I'm not even sure if the gods would recognize him as a true divinity.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land That was Empty

Drath shook his head mockingly as Anzhela. "And shut it with the 'Mr. Drath" crap! It's DRATH, that's it. And another th-" It was about this time, that green lightning enveloped Drath in a rather amusing display of pyrotechnics. It took roughly five seconds for the display to end, and by that time, Drath's bones were so charred that is was hard to find the runes of warding carved into them. Drath coughed once, and then fell forward out of his chair. A green flame immolated the Lich, vanishing along with him.

A spectral image of Morgash flickered into existence atop the Throne, a rather sour and, quite honestly perturbed, look on his face. He looked at Anzhela. "Forgive my minion, he is only mortal." The Voidspawn behind the Throne were engulfed in the same green fire, disappearing as well.

Crypt of Drath, five miles outside of Tulmany

Drath reappeared within his crypt, built into a cave system near Tulmany. The Lich hacked and coughed as residual energy punished him for a few minutes. He rose, finally, and let out a wheezing cough. "Ungrateful bastard..." He said, magical energy erupting from his form."I don't deserve this! I am Drath! I am powerful! I am Mighty!"

Drath sat on a dais in the room that contained his coffin. He fumed, the raw power he controlled emanating off of him, like smoke from a fire. "I will have vengeance... I don't care what it takes, I will have my revenge for this."

Spoiler
    Show
    Drath now has a False Spark.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-26 at 10:40 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ettin in the Playground

Is, was... Meaningless Technicalities

Anzhela nodded to Morgash.
    "He is forgiven.
    "As you can see, we are still waiting on the representative of Lady Gwyn to resolve matters of non-deities in attendance and weapons at the table."

She stood and a new throne appeared at the table, gray marble and amethysts. The banner and symbol that decorated the chair were simple. Anzhela looked closely at the symbol before speaking.
    "Lord Nettal Urwyld, please be seated."
    She returned to her seat and took a scroll out of a pocket and a quill pen and ink out of another and began writing.

Dragons!

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The land that was and still is Empty

Nettal Urwyld takes his seat, carefully positioning it exactly between the representatives of the two pantheons showing preference for neither.

You once served lord Kiloasa, did you not? Nettal asked Anzhela. No matter, I realize that my arrival here might cause some discomfort, but I felt it was the most efficient way to introduce myself. So what is the matter which brings so many opposed forces together?

19. - Top - End - #1309

The Land That is Empty

After her day of rest, Jewel knew she had time to make up. She was ready to do it, even if her thighs did get sore quickly from riding. And so they did, but Jewel pressed onward nevertheless. She rode for a day, and a night, southwards at first. She followed the coast until the Land of Beauty was beneath her, and she knew the meeting had not been called there, so she began to ride inland. Her steed, which she had taken to calling Sam amazed her at how fast, strong, and tireless he was. Even she got a bit of sleep in the saddle, however short lived it might be.

Father give me strength, she thought as it dawned on her that she would actually have to locate this meeting for herself. It was then that she realized that this was the first time she had actually thought of Kipt as her father, why else would he choose me?

On the dawn of the next day, she spied what she thought could only be the meeting, so she slowly made her descent, and landed. She lead Sam slowly to the array of thrones, not knowing what to expect. "hello?" she asked shyly, "I am Jewel, is this the meeting I was told to attend? I believe I was sent to represent Kipt?"

Acabare

"I should be with him, then" Kipt told the messenger of Aqaeris, and left Belsheroth and Tresingiis to their talk of ideal peace.

The Garden of Dead Gods

"Brother!" Kipt exclaimed with audible hope when he saw Aqaeris. "It is so good to see you feeling better again!" He smiles and moves to embrace the god.

Tulmany

Randon listened and thought for a minute. "If you follow through with everything you claim to be, then I would have to take your side. Look, like I said before, I am a simple man. I could care less about what god you follow, or what the gods think of you, I believe in fairness and just rulership." He looks a little more concerned now, "you said that Reddulch has escaped and is still out there? Surely he will plan to get back at you... maybe, I could put my hunting skills to good use."

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Titan in the Playground

Depths of the Greensea Forest

Graiah felt as his creations spread over the world, and he thought that this was good. But...

There was an urge in him to create, to strive for more. Already he felt that his divine power was thinning out. He couldn't afford to just spread his essence so thinly and unfocused anymore. Yet, he lacked the tools to do so effectively.

Unsure of what to do, he left the watery depths to seek out the one being he knew to be knowledgeable and wise: his father.

The Garden of Dead Gods

He began his search in the place where he had left his father: the garden where he had been born. Seeing him there with another god, the mass of vines greeted them both, saying, "Hello, Father. I have gone to the world below, and it is just as you have said. There is life all over that place. Yet, I feel the need to add more, do more, create more. What can I do to be able to make more life?"

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Land That was Empty]

"You seem to be under the impression that you have the authority to make decrees without the agreement of all parties, mortal. But at this point in time, neither side has sovereignty over the other. If you wish to not have weapons, and bring none save yourself, very well, that is your right. But unless a majority of parties on both sides agree to that, it is not binding for anyone else; if you don't understand that, I suggest that you convey to Belsheroth a request for a representative who actually understands the concept of a negotiation, or, if it is your master who refuses to accept this, explain it to him.

Also, Anarya is a deity, whelp, and I would prefer you treat her as such."

On Jewel's arrival, the goddess smiles at her, nodding, and conjuring a large flask of ice-water in the air next to her.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Jewel. And if you're here for the peace talks, then yes, this would be the place, and I believe that Kipt's seat is just to the right of the pompous fool up the table from me, judging by the banners."

As she spoke, Savorla gently probed the edges of Jewel's mind, attuning herself to the woman so that she could send a message to her without saying it aloud, or resorting to the simple, but inelegant, expedient of creating a sealed note.

"My apologies for my ignorance, but Lady Gwyn didn't see to my education very well after she birthed me, so if you could please explain who Kipt is, when next there's time?"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-09-26 at 11:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ettin in the Playground

The Land That is Empty

"That is indeed the case Lord Nettal. I did serve him for a short time before his demise both untimely and sudden."
    Anzhela stood when Jewel arrived and gestured to one of the vacant thrones.
    "Greetings Ms. Jewel. Lady Savorla is correct. Lord Kipt's seat is to the right of this pompous fool."
    She sat back down.
    "Is there anyone who could look after your hippogriff while you are here? These discussions may take some time after all."
    Important matters aside, Anzhela directed a glare to Savorla.
    "My Lord had a favourable opinion of you Lady Savorla. Perhaps he was wrong. I make no decrees and merely point out ancient and sacred matters of trust.
    "My Lord trusts you and the other members of your Circle enough that he sent me, his eldest daughter alone and unarmed to meet with you. We simply expected, and now request, that you refrain from having weapons or guards at this table. A most reasonable expectation in my opinion."

She finished the line she was writing with a flourish and stood. Her eyes began to glow with silver light.
    "Very well Lady Savorla... If you are so convinced of her divinity, then allow me to test it. Should my results prove inconclusive, then she shall be sent to one who has knowledge concerning all forms of life."
    She looked Anarya in the eyes.
    "I will not lie, this will be extremely painful."

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land That Used to be Empty but Now Has a 100 Meter Tall Obelisk with Thrones on Top in it

Morgash, who had been silent and motionless since he arrived, moved. He stood from his Black Marble Throne, his bones creaking as they rubbed together. He lifted his right arm, gesturing slightly. "She speaks true, this is a council of trust... I would ask that you dismiss your guards, at least until our guests show hostility, which is unlikely. If you will not relinquish your weapons, please, sheathe them. As for Anarya, I sense divinity within her, it is my wish that she stay, as both Savorla's lover, and a respected member of the Circle." Morgash sat back down on his Black Marble Throne, a slight breeze blowing his rags for robes about.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-27 at 12:35 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Pixie in the Playground

Alchazzar
    Having watched over his new-found followers long enough, ensuring they didn't do anything stupid like start diablerizing en masse or openly acting out against the humans, Fyurl returned to Alchazzar, satisfied. He may have been slightly delayed in returning to Morgash's call, but such is life.

The Harbinger of Order made his way to the central area, moments after Raphael had left. He gave a cursory nod to his father and Morgash before raising some hovering portions of void-stone to form a temporary throne, sitting in front of the Iridescent Viewport. He didn't have to sit in on any negotiations directly or with his own representative - if there was something extremely urgent, he could simply call Morgash's attention to it in person, and have him inform Drath. This way, the good gods could remain unaware of his presence - obviously a good thing.

However, Fyurl's attention would have to be divided, it seemed...

Telepathy
    As Raphael reached towards Fyurl's mind, he would be given images of purest, darkest black, in the form of writhing flames and consuming darkness, naught visible apart from flickers of red, blue, and yellow. Fyurl's mind, such as it appeared, shifted and twitched as he telepathically responded.

"I am all ears. Although if you wish to converse, you would do well to answer my own questions beforehand. Who are you, primarily, and how did you manage to locate and contact me? I had taken the utmost care in obscuring my presence to other deities, and mortals have not been able to see me in any way."

Fyurl narrowed his eyes in the real world, thinking. If this person could track him, no doubt others could as well. That wasn't any good at all. The Harbinger placed his hands on his shoulders and moved them downwards in a flowing motion. Out of jet black shadow-flames, a black cape/long-coat hybrid came into being around his body, fitted comfortably and designed to prevent others from detecting his essence unless he willed it. Naturally, he continued to allow Raphael to contact him for now.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 6, +0PAP
    Craft Relic: Mantle of Shadows. A long coat that doesn't button up, only going over the wearer's shoulders like a small vest and leaving the chest exposed. It prevents other gods from sensing Fyurl's essence unless he specifically wills them to, and actions Fyurl takes don't leave any of his imprint that can be tracked unless he chooses to. He can still be detected by any natural means available, but supernatural means don't reveal anything - not even something such as static, or anything other than what has actually occurred or exists in reality. -4AP
    AP: 2, +0PAP
    Fyurl, Harbinger of Truest Order
    Orion, the Divine Blade

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ettin in the Playground

Not Quite an Accurate Description, But Again, Technicalities

The glow within Anzhela's eyes dimmed and was gone.
    "I too sense divinity within her Lord Morgash, and something else. However, she may stay if you wish it.
    "But do not expect any accommodations to be made for her."

She returned to Belsheroth's seat and sat down.
    "Now that all matters have been resolved. We may begin. Though it would perhaps be best to wait for Lady Gwyn's representative."

Dragons!

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

Technicalities Abound Here it Seems

Morgash nodded when Anzhela said no accommodations would be made for Anarya. "This is fair."

"Indeed, let me begin. What are your Terms?"

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ettin in the Playground

Obviously. It is a Conference That's Trying to Hammer Out a Peace Accord

"To begin with, Lord Belsheroth desires that the soul of the sorceress known as Gale be returned to his custody such that she can return to her rest within the Forests of Starlight.
    "Secondly; the Voidspawn are to remain within the Void with no more than one hundred of their number allowed closer than the farthest star.
    "Thirdly; Mortal magic is to be limited by the death of the practitioner and that the power of all current liches be broken and their souls taken henceforth to Hell.
    "Fourthly; The creation of new Vampires is to be prevented.
    "Fifthly; The Celestial Horde is to be disbanded and the souls of the warriors taken to the Forests of Starlight such that they may have the rest denied to them.
    "Sixthly; The Well of Eternity is to be sealed over according to the dying wishes of the late and recently rebirthed Morgash.
    "Finally; We unite against the power of the Blasphemer."

She let that sink in for a moment before continuing.
    "Of course, these are only Lord Belsheroth's terms. Lords Tresingiis, Kipt, Yohalles and Aquaeris are free to make their own. And should anyone non-aligned deity wish to add something, then I have no objection.
    "Naturally, these points are up for negotiation."
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-09-27 at 01:09 AM.

Dragons!

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The peace summit that he really shouldn't be attending

At the mention of the celestial horde, Nettal perked up. The gods were talking of trading mortal souls like they were commodities, things instead of people. How typical.

Maybe you ought to ask the Horde what they want? In fact, maybe you ought to start considering what any mortal wants before you start shuffling them around like so many collectible coins or markers on a scoreboard. He made no attempt to hide his bitterness in the statement.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ogre in the Playground

Fair Enough, Lets Hope that Peace can be Reached

Morgash nodded after each term was spoken, then a sigh echoed through the minds of all that were in attendance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Morgash speaks through telepathy, not having lungs or a vocal structure.

"Firstly, the Soul of Gale is rightfully mine, and as such will not return to the Forests of Starlight. I have claimed the souls of those I once called servants, and have decided that they can better serve me than waste away in an Afterlife."
    "Secondly, the Voidspawn can be contained within the Void, however, if mages summon and bind them, the Voidspawn will be relinquished from this Treaty until such time as they regain their Free Will."
    "Thirdly, I have decreed that magic is above Death, and Death is an irrelevance. Those with the strength to defeat the end are free to do as they wish in their continued life. The souls of all Mages who have become Liches, are their own property."
    "Fourthly, Vampirism is hereby declared as a protected form of existence, the destruction of any Vampire, or the prevention of the creation of a new vampire, will be considered an act of war."
    "Fifthly, the Celestial Horde is composed of the followers of gods that do not include Belsheroth, it will continue unaltered."
    "Sixthly, I am Morgash, you arrogant a**, my Well, my Rules."
    "Seventhly, Hell is to be given to the Circle of Darkness, and any Evil Soul within given freedom to submit to our will, or continue their punishment."
    "Eighthly, the Starlight Forests are to be abolished as the Only resting place of dead souls. Those souls that worship members of the Empowered Council or any other god who agrees with you, will continue to flow to the Starlight Forest. Those Souls who Worship the Circle's gods, or any Neutral Gods who agree with us, will be given to their respective deity. Those Souls who do not worship a deity will be given a choice as to where they go."
    Ninthly, the Censer of Eternity will be returned to me, as it's Creator and rightful Master."
    "And Finally, we will Unite against Wigbach."

When he was finished speaking, Morgash stared intently at Anzhela, with a look that said "Choose your next words carefully".
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-27 at 01:26 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

The Peace Conference

Isyldar looked at Morgash with a slight annoyance and sheathed Maleficus at his waist, changing its solidarity so he could remain comfortable in his throne. "Welcome Mother! I hope you have been well. Fruit?" stated Isyldar with a smile, offering her some fruit out of his hat. "Beware of Belsheroth and his servants Mother. They can be tricky, deceitful and dangerous. I wouldn't want any harm to come to you" he thought to Savorla.

"I have but two demands" stated Isyldar with a grin.
    "Firstly, I want the Devils from Hell to be recruited into my army"
    "Secondly, I want Belsheroth to remove his curse from myself concerning his Belsherai. I do not wish to bear the stain of such a deity upon my essence"

Isyldar grinned pointily. "Now what must I do in exchange?"

Veran

"Alyveran and his Devils have returned milord" said a functionary to Alyverai.
    "Excellent. Tell them to fly above the city so that I can direct them to our weapons in this coming war" said Alyverai with a grin.
    "At once sire!" shouted the functionary, bowing quickly before rushing off to Iclone who stood unmoving with his Awakening outside.

Alyverai jumped into the air and took flight, manipulating the air currents before him to make his passage easier to the central point above the city.
    "Greetings Alyveran. I trust your journey went well?" said Alyverai with a smile.
    "I almost stumbled upon a meeting of the gods, does that count as well?" snarled Iclone. "I could have gotten myself trapped as a snail forever! That is something I do not wish upon anyone, especially myself. Are the warships and aircraft ready yet Alyverai?" growled Iclone.
    "Yes my lord. They were completed only yesterday, but we have yet to run any significant te-" said Alyverai before he was interrupted.
    "You don't need to do any tests! Get those planes in the air and 'test' them out on a village in the Land of Beauty! They're everywhere, so quit your yapping and get to it!" shouted Iclone angrily.
    "Yes master" stated Alyverai with a flash of anger in his eyes. He flew off to the hangars first, then the docks.

A Small Village on the Border of the Land of Beauty

Everyone was going about their daily chores, watching over the fields, butchering animals for their delicious meat, making cheese and butter and essentially keeping themselves and their families alive. But everything changed when The Virus attacked.

A faint whistling sound was the only warning the people got before the bombs rained down upon the poor defenseless village, exploding and send its shrapnel every which way, piercing animals and people alike.

No-one survived. Not the animals. Not the adults. Not the elderly. Not even the children, as their blood slowly pooled on the ground as they breathed their last breath and finally collapsed in the final repose of death.

"Mission successful. Turn back to Veran and we'll report our success to Alyverai and Alyveran" said the lead aircraft's pilot, through a strange mechanical device that the scientists developed and had called a 'radio'.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start AP: 3PAP.

Create Lesser Concept AP1: Radio has been now blessed upon the world. So now the mortal races can contact each other via radio if they so wish.

End AP: 2PAP.

A Small Coastal Village in the Land of Beauty

A faint thundering was heard on the horizon, startling the animals in the village. That was the only warning they got as thunderous detonations erupted around them. No-one was spared in the horrendous destruction of this pitiful excuse from a coastal village.

The only thing left in the village was flames and death, and residual soul magic from the magical cannonballs shot from the warships.

"Let us travel back to Veran, lads. Our job is done here!" shouted the captain of the flagship, letting his second in command transmit his orders to the radio signalers in each ship of the Grand Fleet of Veran.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!