New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

The Land That is Empty

Anzhela ignored Nettal. She'd had enough of this from kind of talk from Kiloasa, and if Nettal was going to push it, she'd give a serious thought to burying him under a mountain of books.
    "Fair enough. You've chosen to intercede on Gale's behalf. She is yours if she wishes to remain with you.
    "That is a fair agreement. Though a limitation on the summoning of Voidspawn should be put in place for reasons of safety.
    "Thirdly; Death has right of precedence over magic, your decrees have no meaning over it. A compromise would be that the souls of dead mages could be called forth from the dead if there is need and returned to their resting place by the next sunrise, to be summoned again only after the next eclipse of the Sun by the Dark Moon.
    "Fourthly; If Vampires are to be given such protection, then they must be rendered unable to harm others to prevent their abuse of it.
    "Fifthly; The Celestial Horde was created by Halasht who is long since dead. Any who became part of the Horde while it was still his must be granted freedom. Any who joined since may remain a part of it unless they were coerced.
    "Sixthly; If the issue that lead to you sacrificing yourself to seal the Well all those millennia ago has been rendered null, then you may keep it unsealed. Motion retracted.
    "Seventhly; Hell reverts to the control of Lord Belsheroth by right of inheritance. It will be sealed and the souls of the damned granted over to the custody of the Devils.
    "Eighthly; The dead will continue to the Forests of Starlight, the damned to Hell, the faithful of Aquaeris to the Deeps, the Fae to remain in Nepheli and the warriors of Vargull to his horde. If no suitable afterlife is created, then they default to the Forests or Hell, as the system has always been and always shall.
    "Ninthly; It is not up to Belsheroth to decide the fate of the Censer. We must wait for the representative of Lady Gwyn to arrive.
    "Finally, we are in agreement."

She opened her ink well and dipped her pen into it and wrote upon the parchment scroll in ink as dark as night with flecks of silver in it.
    Wigbach is a declared enemy of the Empowered Council and the Circle of Darkness, names written chronologically.
    She turned to Isyldar.
    "We cannot agree to those terms Lord Isyldar and we suspect you made them in jest."
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-09-27 at 04:53 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground

[Conferring Peacefully]

"My apologies, then, Anzhela. My impression differed, but in that case, it seems reasonable enough... Of course, that changes little for me, but I would like to offer an apology for the misunderstanding, and the insults.

As for testing Anarya's divinity, you may be allowed to later, depending on what we choose when we've had time to discuss the matter. It is not something I would choose for her, nor an easy choice for her to make... Regardless, I ask for no accommodations due to her once-mortal nature, nor does she, so the current state of affairs is acceptable, at least for the moment.

In any case, on to my terms:

Firstly, while much of what has been said regarding afterlives is acceptable to me, all of my faithful will go to Netheli, not only the Fae; I have followers among the humans of Freeport, as well as the Changelings, Peafowlkin, and Elthiens, and I see no reason that they should not be allowed to go to Netheli.

Should it matter, you have my word they will be safe there, and the minds of those who need such care healed as best I and those who serve me, as well as any other who wishes to aid, can manage.

Secondly, the Void is to be unsealed. It is, traditionally, common property of all deities, and Belsheroth has no greater claim on it, as a whole, than any other.

Thirdly, as the souls of our followers are ours to do with as we choose, by your own admission, while Belsheroth is free to take whatever measures he sees fit, within reason, to protect the souls of his followers, and prevent them from becoming liches or similar beings, we are likewise free to grant our own such gifts if we choose.

Fourthly, Vampires will be treated as any other mortal race, both with regards to protections and restrictions.

Fifthly, those who wish to remain in the Celestial Horde who joined prior to its creators death will be allowed to do so.

Sixthly, mortals are to be allowed to give up a portion of their life to return any dead being they wish to life for the same period of time they gave up, at which point the returned reverts to their former afterlife, unless their actions have rendered a change in destination necessary, such as in the case of someone converting from following Aquaeris to following Vargull, or one of those condemned to Hell atoning for their past actions.

Seventhly, all those following our agreement are to unite against any who break its conditions, nor is attacking them a violation of these terms. And I do intend to enforce that particular one regardless of the side of the offender, or their relation to me.

Finally, I am also in agreement that we should unite against Wigbach, though so long as they do not attempt to hinder us, I have no objection to those on either side preferring to remain neutral in such a case."

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Troll in the Playground

A Lonely Mountain on Exaclone, Far From Anywhere

"I'd really prefer it if you signed." The Fool grinned. "I could, should I choose to, force you to accept. In fact, should I choose, you would follow my every whim. But that is boring. Control is boring. I much prefer setting things in motion and then sitting back to watch the fireworks. Now, all I'm asking is a single favor, one which I solemnly swear will not involve the complete or near loss of your own free will. And in exchange you will receive this power instead of someone else." The Fool's face had twisted into malice though the tone remained all too sweet. "And should one of your brethren obtain such near divine fury... Well... Just what direction would you like your people to go?"

Unravelling

"Something isn't right. Morgash should not have been able to tear open the heart of this place so easily." spoke the fox.

"The boundaries are fading. Isanvrede has been corrupted. Worse, it was corrupted here. The ripples of that change have only begun." spoke the wise man.

"And if we do not repair the fabric of this place?" asked the warrior.

"We are undone." answered the queen.

"The world is undone." corrected the golden serpent.

"Then we must not fail. It is time to use all of the resources at our command." hummed the butterflies.

"Him? How many lives were lost because of him? How many years did we lose to him?" snapped the warrior.

"Things are different this time. We are stronger. And the rules have changed." the queen calmed the warrior.

"To make the same mistake twice... it would be foolish." The Fool laughed thinking itself clever. Or perhaps it laughed to drown out the secret before it tried to talk. At any rate the Fool was decided. It was time to pay a visit to an old friend.

In the Hall of the Mountain King

Mead mugs clashed over the roar of laughter. Shanks of mammoth were torn into by a host of hungry ice kin. At the head of the table in a chair that could have been a throne Hallorn sat drinking and laughing with the rest. Around his feet a wolf lay sleeping. To his left sat his daughter Tara and his son Yannus. To his right his sons Cendr, and Hallen, though the seat closest to him was empty. But all present acted as if to ignore this. They were a family, they were happy. As it should be.

At the far end of the hall an oaken door as tall as ten men was sealed shut, as it should be. Here they were safe, why would anyone ever wish to leave? Thus you can imagine the reactions of those present when the doors shuddered with a boom from out beyond. All eyes stared transfixed as again the sound came.

Upon the third time Hallorn roared out a command. "Open it." At his words those nearest the doors rushed to fulfill his orders. The wooden bar was removed, and with the strength of ten men on each side; the doors were pulled open a quarter way. Standing in the snow was a man in a tattered cloak. As he stepped into the hall he removed the hood of his cloak.

"Imil!"

"Father." the man replied warmly.

"Come, sit. we've saved you a place." the giant exclaimed barely containing his joy.

"Of course." Imil said as he sat down. "Nothing would make me happier."

"We have missed you here. Tell me, where were you that you could not meet your family in our own hall?" Hallorn asked.

"I was dead remember? You let me die. You let me die out of revenge."

"What?" At the corners of the hall things began to melt into black.

"You let me die, and then you chose this, don't you remember? You chose this because you lost them." The Fool finished as he sat leisurely upon the throne, looking down upon the giant trapped in chains. Chains made of ice kin twisted out of shape. The faces of his children staring blankly along with the rest. "But I come bearing good news. You can have them back."

"What do you want of me Reisen?"

"Your defiance. And with it, your loyalty. As I have always wanted."

"Find another pawn, you know I cannot leave them."

"Ah yes, your children and followers. Or should I say your owned? I'm not terribly familiar with all the terminology you collectors have created. I'm impressed you've found so many, and been able to restore so much."

"I have all of time. I will find them all. And I will restore them."

"Hmm... Doubtful. At least not without me."

"I take it you wish to help?"

"The Pool of Divine Possibility is an interesting thing. Even I don't know the limits of what it might accomplish. The memories of those you care about might well be restored. Now that I have so many lost souls, the loss of your forces would be rather insignificant."

"And in exchange for this? Stop wasting my time and tell me what you would have me do."

"You will repair the labyrinth. And you will help to lead my new order."

"And if I refuse?"

"We'll have this conversation again after you've forgotten until you say yes."

"And if I continue to refuse?"

"We'll see who has more patience."

A long silence fell as the chained giant stared with his one good eye at the god that had destroyed him.

"I accept."

The fool smiled. "Excellent."

"Answer me this at least Fool, how many times have we had this conversation?"

The Fool laughed.

"I'm afraid you'll never know. Suffice to say, you have earned this." The god said offering the giant a drink.

"What is this?"

"Fresh squeezed Heaven-Reacher."

"Halasht? He is dead?"

"A lot has changed since I trapped you here as you desired. Now drink up. We have work to do."

Nodding, Hallorn drank. And as he did the chains began to glow and shift until they appeared only as tattoos allowing the giant to reach his full height. "My spear?"

"Corrupted, broken, useless. I'm afraid we'll have to find another way to seal the tear in the fabric of madness. My eyes mentioned something about feathers in the desert."

"And my children? My people."

"Should the labyrinth be restored, I will be able to revive them. If not then everything is doomed.

The Imperial Palace of Her Holiness, Land of Beauty

"Well aren't you a pretty bird." The empress cooed as she stroked her fingers around the edges of the gold rimmed cage. Inside the phoenix gazed mournfully back at her. "When I saw you in the sky I knew I had to have you. Such magnificent beauty, like nothing I have ever seen." Atheris' face turned cruel. "And we can't have that now can we. After all, I've seen my own reflection." claws drawn the dragon swiped at the bird tearing its wing. Reverting her hand back to the soft pink manicure of her disguise she giggled to herself as she watched the bird twist in pain.

Entering her chamber, Hyranthus knelt behind her. "Your majesty." As he spoke his eyes never left the floor.

"Yes my son?" Atheris asked as she stroked the feathers of the Phoenix.

"Reports of an attack on our coasts. Whole towns wiped off the map."

"That is troubling. Do you know the source of these assaults?"

"Not yet. Your orders your majesty?"

"Send sacrifices to my father, I hear he has awakened. Perhaps he will bring us the power we need. If he neglects to answer there are other solutions."

"Of course your majesty."

"Oh and dear?"

"Yes your majesty?"

"Be discreet. The last thing we need is for the people to see their king praying to a god that isn't me."

Spoiler
    Show
    Hallorn has been Upgraded to Renati
    Atheris is a false god. 1AP(F)
    Hyranthus is a false god. 1AP(F)
    4- Greater Race= Impure Wyrms. Elder wyrms cannot breed with other elder wyrms in their true form. However, those with the ability to shapeshift may have children in other forms. When they do, the product of this offspring is a member of that race with the nature and innate power of a wyrm. This usually results in bad natured, if exceptional individuals. In extreme cases further dragon blood mixed with the same line can result in the children becoming more and more in tune with the dragon blood within them. Impure wyrms are those who have so little blood remaining from their original species, that they are dragons trapped in the bodies of other species.
    1- Lesser Race= Tainted Ones. Tainted ones are those with dragon blood but not enough to tap into the twisted power bound within them. They are unusually beautiful and often stronger, smarter, and crueler than others of their species, but not in such a way as to be obviously superior.
    Atheris AP 1- Blessing= True Belief. The Land of Beauty is a fortunate land. For all bask under the glory of the supreme empress of enchantment, Atheris the undying, queen of all beauty.
    Hyranthus AP 1- Blessing= Divine Winds. Should any threaten the land of beauty, the weather itself will rise up in defense. This notifies the palace of the attack as well as making it difficult to cross by sea or air.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ettin in the Playground

But Perhaps Not For Long

In response to Savorla:
    "Agreed. The followers of Savorla have the right to go to Netheli if so desire. The Belsherai shall gather the souls of the dead and gauge their intentions and take them to the proper place of rest.
    "Secondly; the Void is unsealed, but the creatures that reside within are not permitted to leave save through the actions of a mortal practitioner of magic.
    "Thirdly; Such an actions cheapens life by making the end of it meaningless. I move that if a Deity wishes for the souls of the dead to continue to serve them, they bind them in the appropriate servitude.
    "Fourthly; Agreed. Vampires are to be treated as any other mortal race. This Conference shall grant them no special protection or prohibitions.
    "Fifthly; Agreed. Only those who wish to may remain in the Celestial Horde. Those who wish to end their tenure may do so.
    "Sixthly; Denied. Second chances are not acceptable. However, Lord Belsheroth will permit reincarnation if a soul desires it and they have already been dead for a period of at least two thousand years. They will not retain any memories of past lived while they live.
    "Seventhly; Agreed. All who make this agreement will be bound by it until such time as we all agree to end it.
    "Finally; It is further agreed that Wigbach is an enemy to us all. Should the time come, we shall put aside our differences and unite against him."

"Now... You know that a contract signed under duress is meaningless and can be broken at any time."
    Polaris looked closely at the document, as if searching for fine print.
    "It doesn't say that here. I'll just add that in..."
    He added a few symbols on the end of one of the lines near the bottom, speaking softly as he did so;
    "A single favour... That shall in no... way... impede or otherwise affect... the free will of the undersigned..."
    He stopped and thought for a moment.
    "They do say a verbal contract means nothing, as does a verbal amendment to a written contract. I'd like to know more about this favour you demand before I sign. After all... Such a contract requires signing in blood to prevent forgery.
    "But I know you won't tell me, so I guess I'll sign anyway."

He jabbed his arm with his quill pen and used the blood to sign his name along the bottom of the document. It flared brightly before returning to normal.
    "Oh, and just so you know, I'm keeping this.
    "You just need to sign."

He held out the quill and offered the contract such that Reisen could sign it without Polaris letting go of it. His hand clenched the top of the document rather tightly.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-09-27 at 05:13 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

[Probably Not, Yes.]

"Firstly, Belsheroth may make whatever decisions regarding those dead in his control he wishes. However, as I do not feel that second chances are foolish, nor was that even the primary intent of allowing mortals to return their loved ones for a time, any of my followers may sacrifice an amount of their life commensurate with a period of time they wish someone to return from Netheli, and the followers of any other deity who chooses to allow such actions may also return people from all afterlives of those who wish to allow the dead under their control to return.

Secondly, Belsheroth relinquishes sole claim to death. While he is certainly important in regards to it, he is no longer the only one who can claim it as part of their sphere, and thus must allow others to influence it as well.

Finally, Hell is abolished, at least in its current form. To torture people for all time with no chance at redemption - and, indeed, the rejection of any chance at redemption, as "Second chances are not acceptable" - is a ridiculous punishment; if they are never to have a chance to learn from it, or continue to be tormented even after they have repented and truly wish to make amends, what is the point of punishing them in the first place? The whole place is dedicated to vengeance and sadism, not justice, and it is laughable that any deity who supports such an institution can claim to be good."

Turning her gaze from Anzhela to the other representative of the Council, Savorla once again sent a message to Jewel, though this time, there was little other than where she was looking to indicate that she had done so.

"I fear that Belsheroth will refuse my third condition, but... You can see the logic in what I say, yes? Were you, as Kipt's representative, to offer your support for it, we could likely convince him, or at least Anzhela, to go along with it.

And if you wonder why I do this, what other purpose it serves, even though the words themselves are true... I am not wholly evil. Or wholly good, I admit, for mine is the middle path, walking between both, that I may do what your master and his kin may not, but I truly do find that plane, and the concepts behind it, vile. To protect mortals is part of my nature, for it is what Gwyn made me to do, and Hell is both a twisting of that aspect of myself and a thorn in my soul for the pointless nature of the suffering inflicted there."

Savorla's message to the human, oddly enough, sounds quite sincere; should Jewel and/or Kipt have any way to tell, they'll be able to determine that this is because she is, in fact, telling the truth.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-09-27 at 07:04 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ettin in the Playground

Give it Time

Anzhela continued to write down agreements as they were reached. She'd rewrite everything at the end to make it look neater.
    "Denied. All creatures die, amends can be made then. However, the spirit of a willing person may return from the afterlife if summoned by a mortal practitioner of magic, but not again until the next time the Dark Moon eclipses the Sun. They are to be returned to their resting place by the next sunrise. No sacrifice should be made on the part of the practitioner aside from the enactment of the ritual required.
    "Secondy; Denied. Belsheroth does not have sole claim over death and thus cannot relinquish it. However, he remains the only one who can claim it is part of his sphere at this time.
    "Thirdly; Granted, mostly. The purpose of Hell shall be changed from one of eternal punishment to one of great punishment. The souls of the damned shall languish in Hell for no less than two thousand years before being reincarnated with no memory of their previous life. Those beyond such salvation shall be confined within the Pits of Hotarus until the Sun is extinguished and all the Stars in the sky fall to Ashkharh."

Spoiler
    Show
    Just note: The Dark Moon eclipses the Sun exactly on the solstices.

Dragons!

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Titan in the Playground

Discovery and Revelation

While Graiah was off conferencing with his father and uncle, his children the Vine Sprites roamed the world below, looking into every nook and cranny in the world. One of them happened upon a flower one day at the peak of a mountain. What was odd was that he had never seen such a flower before, and he did not instantly recognize what it was. After examining it for a couple of minutes, though, he found that it seemed to be the perfect ingredient for an anti-fungal paste. Or, if you combined it with the stalk juice of seaweed and pine nut paste, a mild aphrodisiac. He found it quite odd that he did not recognize the plant, for he had been born with the knowledge of all plants native to this world. Where had this thing come from?

Almost as if he had summoned it, a crowfolk stepped out of thin air through a portal carrying several of these flowers in its arms. It quickly left, heading down the mountain for a nearby village.

The portal the creature had taken remained behind, although it was difficult to see when the creature wasn't stepping through it. Curious, of course, the Vine Sprite flitted over to this strange thing and stuck his head through. Since most of a Vine Sprite's mass is in its head, he may as well have just gone through entirely. On the other side was a mountain range dotted with wildflowers of all sorts on them.

The little Vine Sprite became quite excited by this, as he instantly recognized not only the anti-fungal flower he had just seen, but a half-dozen OTHER very useful herbs too. Heedless of any possible dangers of being trapped in the unfamiliar portal, the sprite flew through and at once began to collect a little sample of each flower. If he combined the laxative properties of this with some grassroot, an acorn, and a touch of the nectar of that anti-inflammatory flower, he could make a poultice that would soothe aches and pains while sending the patient into a three-day hallucination! And that was just the first combination that popped into his head!

The more he discovered of this place, the more wonderful it became! With a little bit of effort, he could find any herb or remedy he could think of here! This was a wonderful and magical place. He soon discovered that there were portals to and from this place all over the world, and he rushed to tell his fellow sprites about the magical fairy-land flowing with herbs and flowers he had found! Someone had made a playground just for them! A wonderful land of joy where they could find anything they desired, in abundance.

Soon, every Vine Sprite was making pilgrimages to this shiny new land to see for themselves. One female who had visited with a dying human and gone on to talk with a priest in a town had heard of the concept of the afterlife, though she didn't quite grasp what all it meant. Still, she thought that if she died, she'd want to live forever here. So she called it Heaven, and the name stuck among the Vine Sprites.

Now, the true concept of death and the afterlife hadn't yet been taught to the Vine Sprites, so they didn't quite understand what that meant. They understood the physical aspects of death, but they didn't have a real concept of what a soul or an afterlife was. From that curious female's conversations, she had picked up that the word "die" also could mean "go live in one place forever". When this was combined with the seeming paradise of the Mistlands, many Vine Sprites chose to "die" and go live in "heaven" for the rest of their lives. In later years, this will cause Vine Sprites to say some odd things when going off to fetch herbs to help in the healing of a mortal. It was not unusual at all for them to say, "I'll go die really fast and get some tubbywort root in Heaven. Be back within the hour." and other such odd things.

Spoiler
    Show
    this is just a big fluffy piece to describe how the Vine Sprites came to discover the Mistlands. Also gives a bit of insight into their current concept of spirituality and the afterlife.

just to clarify, they DO understand what death is, but the talk of dying and going off to live in an afterlife as a soul has them confused and they have two definitions of dead now: both "no longer living" and "choosing to live in one place forever". The "forever" part of that second definition is really hazy to them, as they never stay in one place long, so the term normally means "go somewhere that I'd LIKE to stay forever" when they use it in the second sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by Novaix View Post
    "I am all ears. Although if you wish to converse, you would do well to answer my own questions beforehand. Who are you, primarily, and how did you manage to locate and contact me? I had taken the utmost care in obscuring my presence to other deities, and mortals have not been able to see me in any way."
    "How? By sheer luck and the Well of Eternity! Hadn't you answered I would not have known if the message even reached you..." thought Raphael with a smile, but there was no reason for his interlocutor to know of this.

He focused harder, for some reason unkown to him contacting the other deity was extremely hard.

"I am Raphael, son of Morgash, and you ask questions I cannot answer. I just reached for and you answered, I didn't know you were trying to hide at all.
    I sensed you shaping land and mind among my beloved vampires...
    "

Raphael paused, did he really say "beloved"? Well after all his very existence was a gift from them.

"...the evil in their hearts is my nourishment, and their magic is mine to command! Yet you stepped in, what is your agenda?"

Apostle Heliah - somewhere in Calasanctium

"For he is Just, Mighty and Generous! I swore him loyalty and he gave me the power of the gods! BEHOLD!" said the elder vampire conjuring a meteor from the sky with the Bible of Blood.

"We are no longer alone, our prayers have been answered at last! Join me my kin! Gather your relatives, spread the word about Raphael! Next meeting is at the Sanguine Cathedral tonight"
    Last edited by Killerloop; 2012-09-27 at 09:11 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Upstart Mortal in the Summit of Peace

No doubt being ignored was perfectly reasonable considering his newly minted position. But Nettal had hoped to cause more of a stir with his arrival. Maybe it was time to put the fear of man into god.

There was a puff of smoke, and a Lich appeared in the middle of the room, it was a member of the old goblin Archliches, somehow still alive at this time.

Answer me truthfully, False Lord and no harm will come to you. Why did you choose your contract? Nettal asked the skeletal goblin.

The Lich looked around at the assembled deities and their representatives.
    "I had things that needed doing, I had people I needed to protect. Death was... undesireable and dangerous for my people."

Spoiler
    Show
    Nettal is specifically pulling these spirits out of random points in time and place, this is my excuse for any continuity errors that may occur because of this post.

Thank you, you are free to go. There were too rapid puffs of smoke and one of the ancient souls of the Celestial Horde appeared.

Hordseman, You were once a great hero among the Ice Kin of the ancient north. You honor me by answering my summons. Tell me Ulstwyn, What does the Celestial Horde wish?

The Hordseman looked around at the various gods. "The Celestial Horde wishes to do as it has always done. To serve Lord Halasht and be free to roam the heavens, fighting as we see fit. It is our right, earned through the lives we lived on the Mortal Wold. To deny it to us would be to insult all those who sought to join and failed."

The Hordseman disappeared as well, and was replaced by a Woden.
    Brother Thornne. So good to see you again. You were greatly missed among the Wildlings during our troubled times. How fare you? Would you return to the world to live again, or would you rest eternally in the Starlight Forest?

"Nettal? What are you doing here? Among the gods... no, you are a god. How? This isn't right. Lord Kiloasa will hear of this, I assure you." Thornne said.

Brother Thornne, there is no need. Lord Kiloasa is fallen. Killed by a dream-lich. I have taken up some of his duities for now, such as being the only Deity who actually cares about what mortals desire. Now please, answer my question.

"Lord Kiloasa is dead? You must speak falsley. No, I cannot believe this. If he is dead, then let me return to his body to care for it. All the Woden must do so, we are ever his children."

Spoiler
    Show
    Again, random points in space/time. Although most of the Woden who died before Kiloasa probably didn't know he was dead. So they'll be shocked if and when they learn of it.

Nettal looked at the other gods assembled. I can do this all day. And I will. Until you start listening to what mortals have to say, and what I have to say as their representative.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Troll in the Playground

A Moment of Joy

They say that Evil... has every advantage but one - it is inferior in imagination. Good can imagine the possibility of becoming evil... but Evil, once chosen, can no longer imagine anything but itself. If Aquaeris knew this fact... if he knew what that meant... perhaps he wouldn't be so quick to bless Wigbach. But Joy, not joy at being evil, but joy, true joy... joy was imagination. And not at all inconsiderable though was now to be displayed and used to advance the thought that their were no gods... that every being suffered mortality, just in different form.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Troll in the Playground

The Fool burnt the contract with a glance. "My dear Polaris I just said I wasn't going to hurt you, and I meant those words. The threat of this power falling into different hands is a natural consequence of this power existing, so neither that nor my statement of fact can be taken as duress. And I said near or total loss of free will, not no loss of it. Do understand that anything I ask of you must be complied with. Merely that what I ask will not bind yourself to me for all time. Or to put it another way, I cannot wish for more wishes.

As he spoke a page of parchment that had appeared in his left hand filled itself with the specifics of the contract. "My offer, my terms. Do not insult me by altering the deal without my consent. If you wish for additional previsions, perhaps things you refuse to do then use your words and should I agree with your terms, I will add them to the deal. Are we understood?"
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1332

Peace Meeting

"Thank you," Jewel replied, gratefully accepting the water, and taking her seat. "I don't think my hippogriff will be a problem, he is very loyal." She released him to go about his business, hoping what she said was true. The girl nods at Savorla after her first telepathic message, not knowing how to respond.

Jewel didn't understand half of what was being talked about. All of the overbearing divine presences made her anxious to say the least. She was able to follow along most of the time, but too timid to contribute.

She nods again to Savorla in recognition, then declares "I agree in the matter that souls need the opportunity for redemption." as boldly as she dared. "Furthermore, I feel that a time of punishment- if we must have one- should vary based on the severity of one's sins."

13. - Top - End - #1333

BlueWizardGirl

Tulmany

The lich understood what Randon suggested. "Reddulch has escaped, and he is as of now, very dangerous. He's got arrogance and pride that have just been shattered. As far as I know, he will lash out like a spoiled child not getting what he wants. Only, he's not a child, he's powerful, and he's a threat."

He thought on it for a short while. "If you would track him down for me, I would be in your debt." He paused and grinned with an evil smile. "You want me to be in your debt."

He almost looked like he would leave it at that, when he was struck with further inspiration. "And if you do find him, Kill him"

The summit of peace

"Nettal, you came from a mortal, of course we care about our mortals. I have gifted mine with 3 of my own feathers, including my most powerful tool. We've all given mortals a thing or two at times when they need it, how can you say we care not for their interests? We care, and we respond, we just often have other agenda that is more significant than what one of a trillion mortals want. The stuff like how the universe works and Keeping other gods from destroying our work." His tone was condescending, and maybe even leaning on angry. "End this charade about you being the representative of all the mortals. No more can you say that than I can say I am the representative of all things that fly."

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdelf View Post
    The summit of peace

"Nettal, you came from a mortal, of course we care about our mortals. I have gifted mine with 3 of my own feathers, including my most powerful tool. We've all given mortals a thing or two at times when they need it, how can you say we care not for their interests? We care, and we respond, we just often have other agenda that is more significant than what one of a trillion mortals want. The stuff like how the universe works and Keeping other gods from destroying our work." His tone was condescending, and maybe even leaning on angry. "End this charade about you being the representative of all the mortals. No more can you say that than I can say I am the representative of all things that fly."
    But isn't that the purpose of a god? To be the divine representative of their domains and portfolios? My domain is mortals. And I protect their interests. They fight and die in wars on your behalf, they spend their lives worshipping you and acting on the mortal world on your behalf, Triisengis, and all the other gods. I know, I was once in such a position.

Once in a while each of you helps a few mortals. Once in a while you offer them the boon of your protection or aid. And once in a while you kill millions or billions of them for seemingly no reason, and make no effort to justify this beyond, "They have immortal souls, they'll forgive us eventually". What I am asking is that you give mortals the one thing none of you have offered them so far. RESPECT.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    The Land That is Empty

Anzhela ignored Nettal. She'd had enough of this from kind of talk from Kiloasa, and if Nettal was going to push it, she'd give a serious thought to burying him under a mountain of books.
    "Fair enough. You've chosen to intercede on Gale's behalf. She is yours if she wishes to remain with you.
    "That is a fair agreement. Though a limitation on the summoning of Voidspawn should be put in place for reasons of safety.
    "Thirdly; Death has right of precedence over magic, your decrees have no meaning over it. A compromise would be that the souls of dead mages could be called forth from the dead if there is need and returned to their resting place by the next sunrise, to be summoned again only after the next eclipse of the Sun by the Dark Moon.
    "Fourthly; If Vampires are to be given such protection, then they must be rendered unable to harm others to prevent their abuse of it.
    "Fifthly; The Celestial Horde was created by Halasht who is long since dead. Any who became part of the Horde while it was still his must be granted freedom. Any who joined since may remain a part of it unless they were coerced.
    "Sixthly; If the issue that lead to you sacrificing yourself to seal the Well all those millennia ago has been rendered null, then you may keep it unsealed. Motion retracted.
    "Seventhly; Hell reverts to the control of Lord Belsheroth by right of inheritance. It will be sealed and the souls of the damned granted over to the custody of the Devils.
    "Eighthly; The dead will continue to the Forests of Starlight, the damned to Hell, the faithful of Aquaeris to the Deeps, the Fae to remain in Nepheli and the warriors of Vargull to his horde. If no suitable afterlife is created, then they default to the Forests or Hell, as the system has always been and always shall.
    "Ninthly; It is not up to Belsheroth to decide the fate of the Censer. We must wait for the representative of Lady Gwyn to arrive.
    "Finally, we are in agreement."

She opened her ink well and dipped her pen into it and wrote upon the parchment scroll in ink as dark as night with flecks of silver in it.
    Wigbach is a declared enemy of the Empowered Council and the Circle of Darkness, names written chronologically.
    She turned to Isyldar.
    "We cannot agree to those terms Lord Isyldar and we suspect you made them in jest."
    The Air around the table began to feel uncomfortable. A hard to place feeling, but one that, if you thought hard enough, could be recognized as Morgash's annoyance with Anzhela.
    "I'm Glad you see those issues my way."
    "Thirdly, Death is no longer Relevant, Mortal. As proved by my rebirth, Death can be broken, and has been. All assumptions otherwise are based in previous knowledge, and new light has been shed. Therefore, death is optional. I say again, and this is non negotiable, those with the strength the defeat Death, are allowed to do so."
    "Fourthly, then Vampires will be treated as any Mortal, not given preference by any treaties regarding the divine."
    "Fifthly, the Celestial Horde is not your property, nor are it's souls concerned with you, it stays as it is."
    "Sixthly, we are in agreement, Issue resolved."
    "Seventhly, by right of inheritance, Hell belongs to he who created it, Alyveran. Who has been reborn as Isyldar."
    "Eightly, no. This entire war started because your afterlife isn't working anymore. It will be reordered, those souls that do not worship, or who fall under your jurisdiction, will continue to flow into your afterlife. Those who fall under the jurisdiction of any who disagree with you, will be ordered into an afterlife of their ruler's creation."
    "Ninthly, fair enough, but it remains one of my terms of peace."

But Perhaps Not For Long

In response to Savorla:
    "Thirdly; Such an actions cheapens life by making the end of it meaningless. I move that if a Deity wishes for the souls of the dead to continue to serve them, they bind them in the appropriate servitude.

"No, as Ive stated before, Death has been broken, and must be re-examined."

"Sixthly; Denied. Second chances are not acceptable. However, Lord Belsheroth will permit reincarnation if a soul desires it and they have already been dead for a period of at least two thousand years. They will not retain any memories of past lived while they live
    "This is acceptable, for souls under your jurisdiction."

Give it Time

Anzhela continued to write down agreements as they were reached. She'd rewrite everything at the end to make it look neater.
    [COLOR="Purple"]"Denied. All creatures die, amends can be made then. However, the spirit of a willing person may return from the afterlife if summoned by a mortal practitioner of magic, but not again until the next time the Dark Moon eclipses the Sun. They are to be returned to their resting place by the next sunrise. No sacrifice should be made on the part of the practitioner aside from the enactment of the ritual required.
    "Unacceptable. Death has been changed, thus how it is treated must be changed."

"Secondy; Denied. Belsheroth does not have sole claim over death and thus cannot relinquish it. However, he remains the only one who can claim it is part of his sphere at this time.
    At this, the aura of mild irritation that Morgash was exuding changed to one of outrage. "You are incorrect in that, Mortal. Belsheroth has become one of the deities with claim over death, as of my resurrection. I currently preside over Undeath, which is the triumph of life over Death. Thusly, Death is altered and must be reevaluated."

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    The Upstart Mortal in the Summit of Peace

No doubt being ignored was perfectly reasonable considering his newly minted position. But Nettal had hoped to cause more of a stir with his arrival. Maybe it was time to put the fear of man into god.

There was a puff of smoke, and a Lich appeared in the middle of the room, it was a member of the old goblin Archliches, somehow still alive at this time.

Answer me truthfully, False Lord and no harm will come to you. Why did you choose your contract? Nettal asked the skeletal goblin.

The Lich looked around at the assembled deities and their representatives.
    "I had things that needed doing, I had people I needed to protect. Death was... undesireable and dangerous for my people."

Spoiler
    Show
    Nettal is specifically pulling these spirits out of random points in time and place, this is my excuse for any continuity errors that may occur because of this post.

Thank you, you are free to go. There were too rapid puffs of smoke and one of the ancient souls of the Celestial Horde appeared.

Hordseman, You were once a great hero among the Ice Kin of the ancient north. You honor me by answering my summons. Tell me Ulstwyn, What does the Celestial Horde wish?

The Hordseman looked around at the various gods. "The Celestial Horde wishes to do as it has always done. To serve Lord Halasht and be free to roam the heavens, fighting as we see fit. It is our right, earned through the lives we lived on the Mortal Wold. To deny it to us would be to insult all those who sought to join and failed."

The Hordseman disappeared as well, and was replaced by a Woden.
    Brother Thornne. So good to see you again. You were greatly missed among the Wildlings during our troubled times. How fare you? Would you return to the world to live again, or would you rest eternally in the Starlight Forest?

"Nettal? What are you doing here? Among the gods... no, you are a god. How? This isn't right. Lord Kiloasa will hear of this, I assure you." Thornne said.

Brother Thornne, there is no need. Lord Kiloasa is fallen. Killed by a dream-lich. I have taken up some of his duities for now, such as being the only Deity who actually cares about what mortals desire. Now please, answer my question.

"Lord Kiloasa is dead? You must speak falsley. No, I cannot believe this. If he is dead, then let me return to his body to care for it. All the Woden must do so, we are ever his children."

Spoiler
    Show
    Again, random points in space/time. Although most of the Woden who died before Kiloasa probably didn't know he was dead. So they'll be shocked if and when they learn of it.

Nettal looked at the other gods assembled. I can do this all day. And I will. Until you start listening to what mortals have to say, and what I have to say as their representative.
    Morgash watched as Mortal after Mortal were brought up. "Do you see now, Ambassador of Belsheroth? Mortalkind is not satisfied with your afterlife, and thus it must be changed."

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    But isn't that the purpose of a god? To be the divine representative of their domains and portfolios? My domain is mortals. And I protect their interests. They fight and die in wars on your behalf, they spend their lives worshipping you and acting on the mortal world on your behalf, Triisengis, and all the other gods. I know, I was once in such a position.

Once in a while each of you helps a few mortals. Once in a while you offer them the boon of your protection or aid. And once in a while you kill millions or billions of them for seemingly no reason, and make no effort to justify this beyond, "They have immortal souls, they'll forgive us eventually". What I am asking is that you give mortals the one thing none of you have offered them so far. RESPECT.
    Morgash looked at Nettal, then sighed. "You are correct... I have perhaps, not respected Mortals as I should... their lives seem insignificant in comparison to ours... Nettal, please, accept my apology to you, as an apology to mortals everywhere."
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-09-27 at 03:22 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1336

Tulmany

Randon didn't need any special favors from Tylarch, but he figured he would be made a fool if he refused, then ended up needing the Lich later. "Alright," Randon agreed. "Is there anything I should know about him?"

Peace Meeting

Jewel was more comfortable speaking, and bolder after her first time. "Please do not insult the gods," she told Nettal. "I do not doubt that you care about mortals very much, but so do many gods. My father Kipt, for example, was able to actually love a mortal woman! He named me as his representative, and I am mortal myself!" At least as far as I know...

17. - Top - End - #1337

BlueWizardGirl

Tulmany

Tylarch announced to Randon his formal intel. "Yes, Tresingiis made him powerful enough to be the leader of the people in a warlike scenario. He has since taken up casting force spells of all kinds. He has also been called a false god. He was not worshiped just because of what he said. he was, and is powerful enough to hurt or help empires. In terms of combat, his main weapon is a spear. He supplements brute strength and his size with intimidation, but also with magic. He has mastered the form of clerical magic practiced by the circle of Mirage Clerics before they we arrived. He can create all kinds of force effects from shields to blasts of telekinesis. If he had fought me here, I would have won. He could have done a lot of damage, but he could not overpower me. It's both because of my magic and these artifacts that he could not."

Drestin spoke, "And what of me? I could continue with my position as a lieutenant?"

"You will go with the hunters and prove your loyalty has shifted."

Talks of Peace

"Nettal, who was it that saved millions of goblins of the ruined and burning Lokab Empire? Who was it that built stronger and Empire than they ever had out of the scraps? I saved the people of the desert, just as Belsheroth saved them from the liches that held them hostage, just like Aqueris has saved so many people from all forms of hardship, just as Gwyn created the knights to be chivalrous, and leave a source of good for all mortals, just as all of us fought over whether or not we thought karma was good or bad for mortals. It's not like we turn a blind eye to them. If we have a lack of respect for them, it only derives from their lack of doing things for themselves, while we have to map out every detail of their reality."

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ogre in the Playground

[Nettal Seems Unwilling to Allow That]

"Despite what you may think, you are not the only one who cares for mortals, Nettal. There must be a cost for returning from death, but to allow mortals to complete unfinished business, and be reunited with those they love, at least for a time, is exactly what I am trying to do by allowing mortals to give up some of their own time. It ensures that returning someone from death is not done lightly, but, at the same time, makes it possible without being a thing that can only be done to save nations, or similar situations,"
    Savorla points out softly, showing a surprising degree of tact, considering how brash she had been for the rest of the meeting. "Now, onto my terms for this round...

Firstly, denied. My intent was to make this available to all mortals, not just mages. And if Belsheroth does not have sole claim to death, then he cannot claim his vision for it is the only one which can be imprinted upon it, so I fail to see why my terms are unacceptable, at least in their revised format, where they apply only to followers of myself, and any other deity willing to allow such.

Secondly, that is no longer correct, as Morgash stated.

Thirdly, why must those souls condemned to Hell remain there for two thousand years even if the punishment is effective before then? And why must the reincarnation be with no memory of their previous life? If they are to be brought back with no memory of anything they did before, or what happened to them for it, again, there is no point in punishing them, for their actions later will not be affected by it, and, once again, it is merely an instrument of vengeance. As Jewel said, the time of punishment, if necessary at all, should be dependent on the severity of the sins. And for that matter, a list of what constitutes sins should be agreed on as well, whether by this conference or another meeting between interested parties at a later date, said date to be set by the end of this meeting.

Fourthly, Belsheroth ceases attempting to control death for those not going to the Forest, save in ways to be further defined, again, either by this conference or another meeting between interested parties at a later date, said date once again to be set by the end of this meeting."

And then Nettal spoke up again, to be met by a fierce glare from the goddess.

"Enough, you insolent fool! Your earlier points were reasonable, if a bit rude, but it is not your place to set yourself up as sole protector of mortality!

You claim that it is the place of the divine to embody their domains? Then cease attempting to usurp mine. I have the protection of mortals as a domain, and it is not your place to declare that you can do my job better, or that I do not do it at all."

Turning towards Jewel, the goddess nodded, and gave her a brief smile of thanks, clearly glad for the support.

"Thank you, Lady Jewel. It is good to see that even if we are on opposite sides in some ways, that does not mean that we must conflict in all. And you raise an excellent point, as well; Kipt is not the only one to have loved a mortal, as evidenced by Anarya, and, if I understand her words, Anzhela."

For the first time since their arrival, Anarya spoke as well, tone cold, much like Savorla's had been earlier, when the deity's anger was chill, instead of the hot rage, turning the goddess's eyes to molten pools, and burning through the layer of ice that seemed to lay over them, that she felt now.

"Savorla healed my wounds, gave me money, and provided the means to protect myself, as I was begging on the streets for a few scraps of bread. And then, once I was healed, she became my lover, and had me aid others, who, in turn, began to help more. So do not claim she does not care for mortals, for those actions will continue to spread, unless others stop them."

Spoiler
    Show
    Anarya's AP: 6

Bless (-1 AP):
    A small, but growing, group of Savorla's followers have been healing the injured or sick, and tending to those with mental or emotional wounds, as best they can, which, as it turns out, is rather effectively. If left unchecked, they will continue to slowly spread, before eventually, for the most part, stabilizing as a small, but not insignificant, fraction of the population.

6 - 1 = 5
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-09-27 at 05:40 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1339

Tulmany

Randon saw what he meant by being a person you want in your debt. Turning to Drestin, "well then, we have no time to waste."

Peace Meeting

"I see your points, but lets not diverge from our meeting with talks of who did what, and who cares more about mortals." Jewel's confidence in herself in the environment had risen; she looked and sounded like she actually belonged at the meeting now. "You are quite welcome, I am glad that we can be friends as well." Jewel replied to Savorla. She really like the goddess, she seemed like the only person who was welcoming to Jewel, and was very genuine. "I agree that a mortal should be able to sacrifice some of their years to bring back another. In the name of love, this sounds like a great concept. However, I do not know how good of an idea allowing a newborn to retain memories from it's previous life might be. It is not truly a new start if they are still haunted by the things they were in their last life, unable to change them. Reincarnated souls need to make new lives to truly be enabled to have a second chance. After their life is up and they have finally achieved heaven in the starlight forests, or wherever they may go, then they should be able to reacquire lost memories if they want them."

"Additionally, I do not think anyone should actively limit magic." Jewel really didn't know what she was talking about on that issue.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ettin in the Playground

Peace Conference

"Lord Nettal, you insult and dishonour us. No, you speak slander against us. If you have nothing meaningful to add to our discussion then leave or remain silent."
    She really had had enough of this talk from Kiloasa. Putting that issue behind her, she returned to more important matters.
    "But at the expense of another's life, even if it is only part of it? All life is valuable and forgive me for sounding blunt... But if someone performs actions such that they regret them, then that is there own fault. If one wishes to summon them to hear their apologies, then so be it. However, Lord Belsheroth does not feel that an exchange of time in such a manner is wise, for how can one life be compared to another? Yes, all are equal, but they are equal in different ways."
    Anzhela felt the air become charged, but she did not react. She turned to Morgash.
    "The limitation for the summoning of Voidspawn is to be set at the upper limit of the ability of the practitioner in question to control them.
    "Thirdly; Death has not been broken, overturned or reversed. Had you not died, your rebirth could not have occurred. Thus, death is relevant. Those who claim the strength to defeat death may take that up with Death's Guardian. Should he be unable to kill them, then they may have eternal life at his cost. Furthermore, any liches currently in existence are allowed to continue doing so should they not interfere with the souls of others, nor are they to proselytise or teach this art. Any who are to become liches must do so under their own power and from their own study. Finally, they are to be bound by a suitable covenant.
    "Fourthly; Granted. This treaty nor any other shall give vampires preference either way.
    "Fifthly; Granted. But any soul that wishes to end his or her tenure may do so at any time after a period no less than two thousand years.
    "Seventhly; Lord Isyldar is not Lord Alyveran reborn. Do not insult Lord Belsheroth by claiming that his son still lives.
    "Eighthly; Souls will be taken to an appropriate afterlife by the Belsherai. If no such afterlife exists, then they default to the Forests of Starlight or Hell. When appropriate places of rest have been provided, then souls of the newly shall be taken to whichever afterlife is most suitable.
    "Ninthly; I cannot guarantee that Lady Gwyn will give up the Censer. But if she refuses, then Lord Belsheroth promises to forge a relic to in some small way replace it."

She continued taking notes and idly wondered if a suitable preamble would be required. But her short reverie was interrupted by Morgash's outrage.
    "If death is broken, then Lord Belsheroth is quite willing to examine it and fix it for you. Death is the same as it always has been, the existence of undeath has not changed that. Triumph of life over death is immortality. Undeath is the triumph of will over the cessation of the ability to enact change in the world."
    And at Morgash's comment concerning that the dead were unsatisfied with the afterlife she needed to suppress a scream.
    "Lord Morgash. I personally with the aid of my brethren spoke to every single soul residing in the Forests of Starlight. Humans, Goblins, Ravenkin, Elthiens, Woden, you name it. Our analysis concluded that the dead are satisfied with the afterlife, but that they tire of it after a period of two thousand years. Hence the offer to implement reincarnation."

She turned from Morgash to Savorla.
    "Then we shall be unable to reach an agreement on this matter. But on a final note should you change your mind; Lord Belsheroth had every intention of granting this ability to clerics, hence the use of the non specific term 'practitioner'.
    "But now that we've had time to think it over, it might work. But I feel their are complexities that have been overlooked that could render the whole concept fatally flawed.
    "Secondly; Undeath is the triumph of will over the cessation of the ability to enact change in the mortal world. It is our thought that this definition is applicable and accurate.
    "Thirdly; The crimes for which we send the damned to Hell are quite grievous. However, once a suitable punishment is over,, the souls of the damned will remain in Limbo, a quasi-paradise to be constructed, until their two thousand years has ended. Thus they will reincarnate then. Those with no hope for redemption shall be chained within Hotarus for eternity.
    "Ambassador Jewel speaks truthfully. A new start cannot be made while haunted by the memories of past lives. They can regain their memories if they so desire after they die and have reached the afterlife again.
    "Fourthly; Belsheroth does not control death. It happens without his control. When a mortal dies, the Belsherai shall take them to the appropriate destination. We ask that they not be interfered with while performing this task."

Dragons!

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull, "Peace" Summit

The armored spectre of War, withdrawn into his own thoughts for a time, now arrived at the peace summit. The Armor of the Black Reach and his Claidheamh Vaolg bespoke his purpose, and to relinquish them would be to relinquish his very spirit. With him he brought the Celestial Horde, though they remained outside the actual Summit itself. "There can be no Peace without War. It would be well for you to remember that, before starting a peace summit without me."
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ettin in the Playground

He had known this would be tricky.
    "Duress was meant that if you had forced me to sign."
    Perhaps he had no choice in the matter...
    Do you solemnly swear upon your life and your creations that no harm, physical, spiritual or mental, shall come to me as a result of signing?
    "Then on that note... I suppose I have no choice..."

Polaris took out a small inkwell of red ink and signed. If Reisen wouldn't let him alter the contract, he'd have to find another way around it.

The Peace Conference in the Land That is Empty Except for the Fact That Someone Brought an Army

"Lord Vargull. I must raise an objection to the presence of the Celestial Horde. Their proximity to this conference is unwarranted."

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull

The armored figure shrugged "I brought them with me because they followed me. If they wish to leave, they will leave, if you want them to leave, ask them. They are the legacy of Father Halasht I have inherited. I am their leader by inheritance, and by their choice."

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ettin in the Playground

Sounds Reasonable

"I shall ask them to leave. And they must."
    She rose from her seat and raised her voice to speak to the Horde.
    "Warriors of the Celestial Horde. You must leave this place until the Conference has concluded. Your presence violates our trust and dishonours both parties."
    She returned to her seat and gestured to one of the thrones, one of black marble studded with amethysts.
    "Your seat Lord Vargull. You may remain standing if you wish."

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Summit

Anzhela was really throwing her weight around, weight that was borrowed from another. Her strength was not her own, it was borrowed from Belsheroth and yet she had the gall to address an actual god's suggestions as slander.

Are you so petty as to think I have nothing better to do than sit here and insult you Anzhela? What Lord Kiloasa sent you to do was a true and noble task, the first time any god ever asked what their creations actually wanted. You make decisions regarding the lives of others without taking the time to consider what those others have to say about their lives. And still, it was a task you never completed, you have yet to catalogue the souls of Hell, do you not?

What mortals desire is of value to this discussion because you are discussing mortal matters. Those who would seek undeath should have that choice, if they have the power and the means to make it. Those who wish to rest eternally should have the right to do so. Mortals do not live such easy lives as you, Anzhela, Pet of the Reaper.

If anyone is an upstart here, it is you, who are not one of "us". I am a god, who forged my divinity with my own hands. And I do not ask much, I only ask that you consider more carefully the actions you take regarding the lives and eternities of others.

I have lived the life of a mortal. I know what it means to suffer as you have never known, none of you Deities present, nor your immortal, eternal servants.

To Savorla, I would ask the following: What exatcly have you done to protect the mortals? What specifically makes you the protector of mortal kind, if so many still suffer? You healed a few, you saved one and took her as a consort. Small things, petty things, from a petty goddess. No doubt Anarya is greatful to you, and well she should be. But will you take all the lives you save as consorts? Or will you only save those you deem "worthy"?

To Triisengis: The Lokab Empire was prosperous and safe. The Archliches, though evil in thought, were good in deed. The empire lasted untouched while all the gods slept. They built themselves a stronghold and held out against the world. No goblin went hungry, those who committed crimes were punished and made to right their wrongs. They were harsh rulers, but fair, their state was well run and to the will of the people. Long had the Lokab Goblins sought to divest themselves from the gods, and finally they had done so. But through one single act of one single, petty god all of that was destroyed. Because they dared to say "we do not need you" to Lord Belsheroth, to Lord Kiloasa and to all the other gods, they were cast down. Even though they were right. To fix what was originally broken by you, and by you I mean the Gods, is not an act of kindness nor an act of respect. It is undoing what never should have happened in the first place.

While the gods slept, recovering from their illness, I and my fellow Druids and Wildlings saved the lives of millions who would have been frozen to death underneath the icy heel of Hallorn, we worked tirelessly to alter the plants of the world to better survive the ice age, to provide food and shelter for those who sought to flee Hallorn and his dragons. We worked well and closely with the Priests of Belsheroth at that time, and there were many good people among them. When the Brass Gnomes came to the mortal realm and began to destroy and replace the great works of gods other than Merolle, we acted to preserve, we fought and died for gods many of us were convinced would never come back. We kept "your world" running while you lay dying, and now you treat us as though we were merely swinging our legs, merrily awaiting your return.

Spoiler
    Show
    Some notes:
    1. Nettal is still having trouble with his personal distinction of whether he's a god or a mortal, basically he uses whatever he finds most convenient for his argument.

2. Nettal is technically very old for a Woden, although Wildlings do benefit from longer lifespan he was still extremely young when the ice age first hit and since it was so long ago his memory might be a little fuzzy.

3. I realize I'm stirring the pot a bit here, just wanted to make sure it was clear this is only IC stuff

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

The Peace Conference

"Have you not noticed the similarities between Alyveran and myself, Anzhela? We both wish to control and manipulate things to our way, rather than another's way. And we both feel an attachment to The Virus and to Hell.. Hence why one of my first acts was trying to get to Hell. Do you not understand? A part of Alyveran is inside me, and The Virus acknowledge that!" stated Isyldar in a cold tone of voice.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ettin in the Playground

The Conference

"The souls of Hell required no catalogue as the question to be asked was: 'Would you, if you had the choice, remain on Ashkharh in spirit?'
    "It does not take a genius to realise the stupidity of wasting one's time asking those in eternal torment whether or not they'd prefer not to have to face it.
    "The only thing true about the task was that it was truly phenomenal waste of time.
    "We discuss here matters of cosmic significance. Something no mortal could ever hope to even begin to comprehend."

She got to her feet and slammed her hands down on the table, cracks appearing briefly before sealing themselves.
    "And do not tell me my life is easy. No, it is a life of near constant toil. I do not rest and could not do so even if I chose to. And should I die, my death is permanent. I don't have the luxury of a soul to be concerned about! Mortals are lucky that they have that! And they should be happy the Gods allow them to keep it!
    "And I'll have you know Lord Nettal, that I have served Lord Belsheroth since before your existence was even possible. At this table, I speak for him.
    "And I'll tell you the truth Nettal... Your spark was false. Your divinity was granted to you by one of evil who has caused much suffering. Do not claim as an achievement a curse thrust upon you by another.
    "Prosperous and safe you say? Hah! The Lokab Empire prospered under the rule of tyrants of unimaginable cruelty! They were cast down not because they refused to accept us as gods, but because of the foul power they utilised!
    "Now, take your high and mighty words and go elsewhere!"

That'll do Anzhela. I wish to speak now...
    "But before you go, Lord Belsheroth desires a word with you..."
    She sat back down and her eyes began to glow.
    You do not advance your cause very well young one. But nevertheless, you have a point however misguided it is.
    Anzhela speaks truthfully, your divinity was gifted to you by another and I am curious as to why he chose you. But that can be satisfied when I track the miscreant down and take from him and destroy the power he has so readily used to bring suffering to all. Anyway... Not to linger on that right now...

Belsheroth in Anzhela's body rose from his chair and walked over to Nettal, placing one hand on his shoulder and looking into his eyes.
    I've never quite gotten use to this... Nettal, I will explain to you my task in the hopes that you will understand it and know the sacrifices I have made. I see within you the potential for understanding, but not here. Proceed to the Dark Moon if you desire this knowledge.
    Returning to his seat, Belsheroth looked upon Isyldar through Anzhela's eyes.
    You are not my Son. I ask that you respect my grief and stop claiming such.
    He sat down, and the light of his presence faded from Anzhela's eyes. She slumped in her seat slightly but quickly recovered.

Dragons!

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull, Council

The figure sat upon the throne, the Celestial Horde dispersing to do whatever it was they wished until Vargull called upon them again. "The issue of Hell, since raised, is a pertinent one. Hells function is by its very nature a blow against any kind of lasting peace between our two sides. By what right do you so called gods of 'good' claim to be able to continually the followers of others, or the followers of none, based purely upon your own moral priorities. Why do you feel it is your place to decree the fates of the deceased merely because you are the great deceaser? If Death cannot maintain a basic level of neutrality, what hope have we for common ground?"
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2012-09-28 at 05:50 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Orc in the Playground

The Conference
    Dalcor goes to his seat and sits down, but he doesnt put forward any notions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting Ap 15+3PAP
    Bless 1 Ap Drakes are stronger
    Gain Domain 3Ap Dragons (Drakes)
    -create Drakes 4 ap
    -form society 2 ap
    -Bless Drakes 1ap
    11Ap + 3PAP Rem
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

30. - Top - End - #1350

BlueWizardGirl

Acabare

Tresingiis grew in power, taking in the events of his creation of the Etherals on exaclone.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gain domain: Energy (Elementals)
    BrkDwn: -4 Create fabled life (Ethereals)
    -2 Create organization: The Skarro Initiative
    -1 Alter land (my very first post) to create the desert where the former Mirage Empire sits.

Addition: Tulmany

Drestin and Randon manage to get out of Tulmany with all of their possessions, all of their companions, and all of their weapons. It wasn't easy, considering that they where looked at as enemies by some, but Tylarch believed they would need it to face Drestin.

After Drestin and Randon get out, they search for clues as to where Reddulch went. They track for a long time before finding a trail of his, leading to the sea.

Tylarch, back in Tulmany but his power to work, making an artifact known as the feather of Guise. Now he was in possession of the Feathers of Wind, Fire, Blasphemy, and Guise. What the feather of Guise does is that it conceals the true nature of an entire group of people to the gods. In this case, it masks the liches as ordinary people, including the false spark. Only gods see them this way, and everybody else sees them as liches, however, scrying will still only reveal their location, it will not reveal that they are liches. It could theoretically be used to mask other groups of people in possession of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    I asked OOC first, nobody responded, I have to go for the weekend. I posted this, but I will take it down if there is a consensus that people, or mods don't like it. I just wanted to spend the AP before I left for the weekend so Tulmany wasn't a big crater when I came back. If the artifact is frowned upon by mods, assume he used the same 4 AP to create a different artifact, not that it capped off and he went 'boom.' on saturday.
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-09-28 at 02:20 PM.

Spoiler
    Show