New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    The Conference

"The souls of Hell required no catalogue as the question to be asked was: 'Would you, if you had the choice, remain on Ashkharh in spirit?'
    "It does not take a genius to realise the stupidity of wasting one's time asking those in eternal torment whether or not they'd prefer not to have to face it.
    "The only thing true about the task was that it was truly phenomenal waste of time.
    "We discuss here matters of cosmic significance. Something no mortal could ever hope to even begin to comprehend."

She got to her feet and slammed her hands down on the table, cracks appearing briefly before sealing themselves.
    "And do not tell me my life is easy. No, it is a life of near constant toil. I do not rest and could not do so even if I chose to. And should I die, my death is permanent. I don't have the luxury of a soul to be concerned about! Mortals are lucky that they have that! And they should be happy the Gods allow them to keep it!
    "And I'll have you know Lord Nettal, that I have served Lord Belsheroth since before your existence was even possible. At this table, I speak for him.
    "And I'll tell you the truth Nettal... Your spark was false. Your divinity was granted to you by one of evil who has caused much suffering. Do not claim as an achievement a curse thrust upon you by another.
    "Prosperous and safe you say? Hah! The Lokab Empire prospered under the rule of tyrants of unimaginable cruelty! They were cast down not because they refused to accept us as gods, but because of the foul power they utilised!
    "Now, take your high and mighty words and go elsewhere!"

That'll do Anzhela. I wish to speak now...
    "But before you go, Lord Belsheroth desires a word with you..."
    She sat back down and her eyes began to glow.
    You do not advance your cause very well young one. But nevertheless, you have a point however misguided it is.
    Anzhela speaks truthfully, your divinity was gifted to you by another and I am curious as to why he chose you. But that can be satisfied when I track the miscreant down and take from him and destroy the power he has so readily used to bring suffering to all. Anyway... Not to linger on that right now...

Belsheroth in Anzhela's body rose from his chair and walked over to Nettal, placing one hand on his shoulder and looking into his eyes.
    I've never quite gotten use to this... Nettal, I will explain to you my task in the hopes that you will understand it and know the sacrifices I have made. I see within you the potential for understanding, but not here. Proceed to the Dark Moon if you desire this knowledge.
    Returning to his seat, Belsheroth looked upon Isyldar through Anzhela's eyes.
    You are not my Son. I ask that you respect my grief and stop claiming such.
    He sat down, and the light of his presence faded from Anzhela's eyes. She slumped in her seat slightly but quickly recovered.
    Nettal raised a hand as if to strike Anzhela, but held fast.

Do not dare to give me orders, Belsherai. Do not dare to demean the work I did, the power I obtained and the purpose I serve.

The gods allow. HA! The gods allow suffering. The gods allow pain. They allow starvation. They allow death to be followed by eternal punishment. No mortal lives for two thousand years, so why should those who commit crimes in their short life suffer longer than they would ever have in life?

Who are you to make such blasé statements about people you have never met, never will meet and who have done you no wrong?

My spark may have been false, but my divinity is real. I am a god now, and through my own actions, not those of another. You would do well to remember that.

When Belsheroth spoke through Anzhela, Nettal growled in restrained fury but still stayed his hand.

My divinity is my own. I earned it with power that I took for myself. Wherever my spark originally came from, it is mine. As is my understanding of the world. Nettal brushed the hand off his shoulder none too gently.I know you Belsheroth for what you are. I know many gods for what they do not wish to see themselves as. I will make no apologies for my words and I will not stop to further the cause of mortals against those who so easily and clearly disregard their value. Your recklessness ends with my ascension.

I am the first, but I will not be the last.

Spoiler
    Show
    Something worth bringing up at this point: According to mystic and Yeshon, while Wigbach is technically Nettal's progenitor, in terms of staying within the rules. He doesn't actually have a progenitor deity. Other gods can disagree with that, but my understanding of things is that Nettal is (at least IC) Progenitorless.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

The Peace Conference

"I am not your son, am I Belsheroth?" said Isyldar, his eyes beginning to glow a dark red. His form raised up in his chair and he was wracked with a horrible pain as the glow intensified around his body. His body was transformed and as he sat down, he was taller, greater and more powerful.

"Did you miss me Father? I wasn't lying when I said that Isyldar and I are one. I thought that one as powerful as you would have realised it, but as you are not convinced by that pitiful fool of a god, I had to show myself to you" said Alyveran angrily, his eyes flashing red.

The Devil known as Teveil, who in his past life was his Commander of the Devils, appeared behind him. "This is Alyveran, Lord Belsheroth. I speak the truth, as I would not follow Isyldar if it was dying wish, nor would I allow the other Devils to follow him" said Teveil in deep tones, his voice rumbling over the whole conference.

Alyverai appeared in a bright flash of green light on the right-hand side of Isyldar's throne. "I too believe that Alyveran and Isyldar are one. Who else would go to the effort of saving my people from destruction and extinction?" stated Alyverai coldly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start AP: 3PAP.

Curse AP1: Teveil and Alyverai know that Isyldar has a spark of Alyveran inside of him, but follow his orders nonetheless. The Virus already follow Isyldar (unbeknownst to Belsheroth) and also now so do the Devil's Army. The other gods at the Peace Conference do not know of this curse, but merely think Alyveran has returned in all his glory.

End AP: 2PAP.

If anyone thinks I need to increase the AP spent for this, feel free to let me know!

EDIT: Also, Isyldar now has the title of 'The Manipulator'.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-09-28 at 06:22 PM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Barbarian in the Playground

Peace Meeting

"Let us not insult one another any further," Jewel declared. "This was supposed to be a meeting of peace terms after all." She continued, "Amongst ourselves we have a mortal become a god, god of protecting mortals, god of protecting mortals who was once a mortal, but is likewise now a god, daughter of a god and a mortal, and a representative of a god." She knew she meant for Nettal to shut up, but she thought this was more delicately put. Kipt may have done well in picking his representative. "If you have grievances with a current system, please put them forward for discussion. If you would simply like to complain about the past, or insult a delegate, please keep it to yourself."

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Telepathy

"How? By sheer luck and the Well of Eternity! Hadn't you answered I would not have known if the message even reached you..." thought Raphael with a smile, but there was no reason for his interlocutor to know of this.

He focused harder, for some reason unkown to him contacting the other deity was extremely hard.

"I am Raphael, son of Morgash, and you ask questions I cannot answer. I just reached for and you answered, I didn't know you were trying to hide at all.
    I sensed you shaping land and mind among my beloved vampires...
    "

Raphael paused, did he really say "beloved"? Well after all his very existence was a gift from them.

"...the evil in their hearts is my nourishment, and their magic is mine to command! Yet you stepped in, what is your agenda?"

Telepathy
    "The Well of Eternity, you say?" Fyurl flexed the tentacles on his physical body, turning his head thoughtfully towards the well that sat nearby. "I have doubts about that, seeing as I am looking at it at this moment, and can see no sign of you."

Fyurl concentrated slightly, the writhing darkness of his mind shifting. "Ah. The pact-makers. Son of Morgash... hm. A more reasonable explanation, as well as giving you an actual motive. It is irrelevant, in any event. You are, no doubt, a newer god than I, and if you were not so slow in acting perhaps you would still yet be able to assume complete control over the vampiric masses."

The dark god chuckled mentally. "Alas, a portion of them are now under my indirect command. Before you start fretting, I will have you know that I did not directly manipulate or in any way harm them. I simply offered suggestions, and drove them towards making a better future for themselves. Doing as I bid on my rare whim, in exchange for a portion of my power. You have no right to command them over me, as they chose to follow me of their own free will." Of course, Fyurl wasn't quite telling the truth, as the vampires did not know they were following him per se, yet Vincent was similar enough in mind that it was undoubtable that they would if they could lay eyes upon him.

"My agenda, as you put it, is merely business. Power for a small degree of subservience. Do you take issue with this, Raphael, son of Morgash?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Just a note: if Fyurl isn't shielding himself, the Mantle of Shadows doesn't interfere or cause any difficulties whatsoever.
    Fyurl, Harbinger of Truest Order
    Orion, the Divine Blade

5. - Top - End - #1355

BarbarianGuy

Telepathy

Communication was much clearer now.

"Pact-makers? I like this definition. It suits the moment. And please, let's keep this serious! You say I have no right to command them because of their free will? Or because I was 'slow'? Like it matters, like I care."

Raphael paused, his tone becoming less excited:

"I'll tell you the only things I respect: The will of my father and the will of the gods. You said you wanna trade power for subservience with some of them? Fine, this is what I do on a regular basis. What I would like to discuss with you are plans on the longer term and lay some rules for our interactions.

What I want for them is to become my tools in the upcoming conflicts. Do you see them? They CRAVE blood, they crave conflict with humans and they shall have it. It is mine, maybe ours, to provide them with the right tools so we can reap the rewards.

So I propose:

1) We will not promote hostility towards our groups, but tolerance and unity against the 'common' enemy of our choosing.
    2) Blessings and boons will be shared among the whole race.
    3) We claim the Vampire domain as ours and only ours, together we will prevent further deities from meddling with it.

What do you say, Harbinger?
    "
    Last edited by Killerloop; 2012-09-29 at 05:08 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ogre in the Playground

[Conference - Exodus of a Goddess]

"I saved one, actually. Directly, that is, which seems to be what you're inquiring about. But I charged Anarya with aiding others, and she laid the same charge on them, as well as asking them to continue to spread it to those they aided. By doing this, my saving one person has led to Freeport having places throughout the city where the sick, injured, distraught, or endangered can go to be healed, comforted, or protected, which has helped hundreds, and continues to help more, and grow, each day.

I have also dedicated my entire plane to protecting those who are not safe in the mortal realm, as well as providing a place for those who need it to seek healing, whether of mind or body.

As for if I will take all those I save as consorts or save only those I deem suitable for such... That is a false dichotomy, for those are not the only options available to me.

But, for the first choice, of course I don't, you maundering imbecile; I have only one consort, and that is Anarya, but even assuming that you were using the term synonymously with lover, why would I? Not all who come to me for aid wish such a relationship, nor are all of them ready for it even if they would be willing and otherwise suitable, due to the nature of the harm that most of those who come to Netheli have sustained. And, of course, there are those who are willing and ready, but I do not find suitable.

However, those who come to me for aid and are not going to become my lovers are not turned away; they are seen to just as anyone else, though in some cases the techniques do differ between the two groups, as, obviously, there are options available with those who are suitable paramours that there aren't with those who are not.

And now, as I am tired of being insulted, I bid you all farewell. I will return when Belsheroth has learned to keep vermin out of his halls."

With that, Savorla vanished, and Anarya with her, both returning to Alchazzar.

[Alchazzar]

When she arrived, Savorla nodded in acknowledgement of her grandson, though other than that brief recognition of his existence and presence, she ignored him for now, simply bringing a black velvet couch, of sorts, in from Netheli, placed in such a way that she had a clear view of the Viewport from it, and then sprawling comfortably on it to continue watching the conference, Anarya nestled against her side.

[Netheli]

Nine months ago, as time was measured in Arcadia, one of the Sidhe had lain with a vampire, on the orders of Savorla, using all of her magic to ensure that a pregnancy would result, for Savorla wished to see what the offspring of such a pairing would be...

Now, the birth had finally begun, though there was time still before its completion, and yet more before the child would have grown enough to see what results the experiment had had.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    @Mynxae: Belsheroth is fully aware of your actions concerning the Virus. After all, Vanyanil was there when Isyldar tricked Alyverai. Secondly, Belsheroth would be fully aware of anything you did in Hell because of his curse on the plane such that he is aware of all that occurs there.
    Ipso Facto Colombo Oreo; Your deceptions merely aggravate his grief at the death of his Sons. Alyveran is dead and gone, and nothing anyone says will change that, to continue to claim such is an insult. I don't know why I said all that out of character, so I'll say it in character.

The Conference That's Going Nowhere

Again Anzhela rose suddenly to her feet, slamming her hands down upon the table. It cracked more severely than last time, but the cracks did not repair themselves, remaining instead as they were.
    "Enough! Lord Nettal, you are out of line!
    "Lord Isyldar, you have heard the word of Lord Belsheroth on this matter, and no amount of trickery will change that! We are aware of your deceptions, both in Hell and on Ashkharh. You are not Alyveran. Claiming as such merely aggravates the grief that weighs upon the heart of Belsheroth. You insult and wound him with such claims.
    "This Conference is adjourned until a later date. Lord Morgash, you will receive a copy of what has been agreed upon so far."

As she spoke, the sky darkened and lightning flickered, but that dissipated as soon as Anzhela left.

Somewhere On Geasa

Words began to appear on a sheet of parchment. The parchment was as dark as night and the words as bright as silver:

~The Voidspawn are to remain confined to the Void. However, a mortal practitioner may call them forth and they may remain for as long as they remain under the control of the practitioner.
    ~Neither treaty, nor any other, shall make provisions regarding Vampires.
    ~Any God may create an afterlife for their followers. The Belsherai will gauge the intentions of a soul upon its death and take it to the appropriate place of rest. Those who have no preference default to the Forests of Starlight or Hell.
    ~The Blasphemer is the declared enemy of all the undersigned and they shall unite against him or her.

It copied itself twice and each copy drifted to its destination. One to Morgazzar, one to Arcabare, and the original to a secret location.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull, Peace Talks

The armored figure made no movements, his grating fiery voice echoing from his black helmet. "Balsheroth and his lackeries were always a bit arrogant and touchy. I don't believe she ever answered my very legitimate question. I wonder if I should remain here until either she or Balsheroth are done sulking and come back to talk to us like equals, or should I write a strongly worded letter of reproach? I wonder what tactic would be most effective in this instance."
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ettin in the Playground

The Peace Talks

The voice of Belsheroth came echoing out of the heavens.
    The matter has been resolved Lord Vargull.

Ցանկացած Աստված ստեղծել է երկինքն իրենց հետեւորդներին. Հրեշտակները պիտի չափանիշ մտադրությունները մի հոգու մահվան պահից եւ այն համապատասխան տեղում հանգստի. Նրանք, ովքեր չունեն նախապատվությունները նախնական են անտառներում Սթար լույս վառել, կամ Դժոխքի.

It is one of the things we did manage to agree upon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Any God may create an afterlife for their followers. The Belsherai will gauge the intentions of a soul upon its death and take it to the appropriate place of rest. Those who have no preference default to the Forests of Starlight or Hell.

Oh to be a fledgling again and walk the world once more instead of speaking with a mighty voice from the heavens all the time...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull, Peace Talks

Vargull shook his head. "Will all the souls who follow one of us currently in Hell be taken out to join our afterlives? And what of those who do not come to one of us but are still sent to Hell? Does that place still retain its original purpose? If it is so I cannot condone it. My point remains. By no right can you claim the moral high ground, to allow you to judge who should be punished for eternity, whether they follow one of the gods or not. If you will not bequeath Hell to us, then it must be re-purposed, or its purpose ended, the souls removed, and the plane sealed. I will not stand by and watch you and your Balsherei act as judges upon the immortal souls of the mortal world, to sentence them to any damnation, eternal or not. I decry your claim that it is your place to so act upon souls, even if another cannot claim them."

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ettin in the Playground

Matters of Afterlife

Had you objections to the formation of Hell, you should ideally have raised them shortly after its creation instead of waiting for three thousand years. The souls in Hell shall remain in Hell, and when their punishment has reached its conclusion, they shall be reincarnated to follow whatever path they so desire.
    I see no other purpose for the plane than as one of punishment and cannot see why you desire it so if you object to its existence.
    The discussion is over for now Lord Vargull. You will be informed when a decision has been reached as is your right.

His voice faded away. He was getting too old for this...

Dragons!

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull, Council

He could not see it, but Balsheroth no doubt heard the sneer in Vargull's voice. But as he spoke, his gauntleted fists began to hammer on the table, spreading fiery cracks through it, his eyes began to blaze, and his voice became stronger, more forceful. "Yes, when I was but a newborn deity, barely aware of the cosmic activities around me, even assuming I existed before Hell, I should surely have been aware of it before I went into my slumber. It could not possibly be that my existence prior to the plague was entirely dominated by a single mortal war. I decry this, and I decry your arrogance. I will not yield on this Balsheroth. I will not allow you to so denigrate the freedom of souls with your own self-important moralizing. If you will not allow yourself to consider this matter, if you will not consider changing this appalling system, know that there will be War between you and I, and all I can muster to my cause. If it is not now, it shall be later. If it is not later, it shall be now. If will not change this willingly, I will tear down the gates of Hell, and I will set right what your blood made wrong so long ago. Isanloff is dead, his ridiculous moralistic crusading is long past, and your sons legacy is empty and pointless. Is it for your ego that you keep this terrible affliction around, or your grief for your son. Or are you truly so blinded by your own views you cannot see what a grievous insult to all notions of freedom that your precious Hell embodies.

There are many terrible things to be said about War, there is much suffering I do not care about. But never let it be said the son of Halasht the Heaven-Reacher does not value freedom. You have your legacies, and I have mine, and the burning blood of my Father demands I seek rectification for this grave injustice to all life, mortal and immortal."

13. - Top - End - #1363

Spoiler
    Show
    Finally done, I should be back to normal now.

Acabare

Despite what she said, Gwyn watched in silence for a time, she had figured out who her daughter was and she couldn't help but say, she was impressed. The girl knew which points were important to her and knew when to fight it out.

She closed her eyes and reached with her mind to Thorondor and he went to a strange place devoid of any attachment whatsoever.

The Halls of Judgement

Thorondor idly flapped through the massive plane, the gray marble ceiling brushed the tips of his wings as did the floor, but considering that if he to fly over the Hidden Isle, the tips of his wings would reach either coast, this was quite impressive.

Eventually a strange creature came before him. "Who seeks an audience with the givers of judgement?"

Thorondor landed in front of him, it was strange that he could not see the happenings of the hall. Gwyn had gifted him with powers of sight, but the proceedings were invisible to him.

"I need bring one of you to council of gods. Come with?"

"Why should I? There is nothing for me there."

Thorondor hopped on one foot and spread his wings, "They deciding death."

The Peace Council

Without warning Thorondor winged through the council carryingthe judge of the dead, the judge, a strange and skeletal figure, lept from Thorondor's back and bowed, "Fair greetings to you. I am a Judge of the Dead and I would offer my services. And since one of Gwyn's servants carried me in, I believe I need to defend our neutrality."

He cleared his throat, more like a rattle really, "We are creatures with no allegiance, my father and god Zankrith created us to serve as impartial judges of the dead. Then he realized that he was at an impasse, if he participated in divine politics, he would have a bias and that bias would affect us. So, to perserve our neutrality, to fulfill his dream for us, he allowed himself to die."

He looked at each of the gods, "I understand you are discussing the disposition of the dead. Again, we are creatures without allegiance or even name. I propose, you carry your dead to us and we judge on criteria each of you, he nods to Nettal.

"Provides."

Thorondor flapped up to Gwyn's seat and used the back of the chair as a perch, "I just glorified taxi."

Cerune Aftermath

Sophia nodded, "Drop me straight on top of him."

The War of the North

The knights felt the curse hit them, they shuddered, demoralized for a moment. Until looking over they saw Nettal's unbridled power. They roared and the fighting grew more ferocious.

With the Cerunians retreating the knights belegared on both sides found reprieve and quickly took the hill before turning to smash the Vargulfi between themselves and the Order of the Nameless Knight.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-29 at 11:13 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

Peace Council

A Shadow flew from the sky and landed nearby. Lord Ombra has asked me to speak on his behalf for the purposes of this council. He glared darkly. So first things first. What is a council?

Cerune Aftermath

The Doctor tossed her onto him, landing right next to them both. From the night, the fair hero and her dark companion alight upon the head of their first foe. The night remains calm and still.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #1365

The Deep

The sickly light in Aquaeris' hood flared, casting odd shadows over the trees.

"Hello, my brother. It is good to see you."

His voice was oddly devoid of emotion, and as Kipt embraced him, he would feel an almost tangible chill around him.

Aquaeris' hood glowed with sickly light once more, and he blurred into two; one strode forwards into the hole in the air, crackling out of that plane-

Acabarë

- and into the fortress of Acabarë.

He called, his voice almost harsh now, his cloak swirling in an odd, frosty wind that billowed fom no apparent place.

"I am here. I hope I am not too late, my kindred. I have been busy. What hath happened while I was gone?"

The Goblin Emirates

Sofía shuddered. "We've got to stay here while the liches have returned there? I suppose we must follow orders, but still..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rollover: 4 AP+8=12 AP.

Rollover on the Cult-Beast: 1 AP+1= 2 AP.
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-09-29 at 12:25 PM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

16. - Top - End - #1366

Cerune Aftermath

Sophia fell on top of the knight, the impact of his armor hurt, but she knew what she was doing. She pulled off his helmet before he could recover from having 130 or so pounds fall on top of him and pounded his face into the stone. After only one or two hits against the floor he was out cold.

Sophia looked very concerned, "Y'know, I'm actually confused as to why I'm confused... I think you broke me."

She shook her head and stood, "Might as well expedite my insanity."

Acabare

"Aqaerius? Where? Ho-"

Gwyn shook her head, then looked at the world, "Not much, we are in council with the dark gods, trying to reach a settlement, it seems to be going all right at the moment."

She frowned, "Uncle, can you tell me what's going on down there?"
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-29 at 11:41 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Conference - Exodus of a Goddess]

"I saved one, actually. Directly, that is, which seems to be what you're inquiring about. But I charged Anarya with aiding others, and she laid the same charge on them, as well as asking them to continue to spread it to those they aided. By doing this, my saving one person has led to Freeport having places throughout the city where the sick, injured, distraught, or endangered can go to be healed, comforted, or protected, which has helped hundreds, and continues to help more, and grow, each day.

I have also dedicated my entire plane to protecting those who are not safe in the mortal realm, as well as providing a place for those who need it to seek healing, whether of mind or body.

As for if I will take all those I save as consorts or save only those I deem suitable for such... That is a false dichotomy, for those are not the only options available to me.

But, for the first choice, of course I don't, you maundering imbecile; I have only one consort, and that is Anarya, but even assuming that you were using the term synonymously with lover, why would I? Not all who come to me for aid wish such a relationship, nor are all of them ready for it even if they would be willing and otherwise suitable, due to the nature of the harm that most of those who come to Netheli have sustained. And, of course, there are those who are willing and ready, but I do not find suitable.

However, those who come to me for aid and are not going to become my lovers are not turned away; they are seen to just as anyone else, though in some cases the techniques do differ between the two groups, as, obviously, there are options available with those who are suitable paramours that there aren't with those who are not.

And now, as I am tired of being insulted, I bid you all farewell. I will return when Belsheroth has learned to keep vermin out of his halls."

With that, Savorla vanished, and Anarya with her, both returning to Alchazzar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    @Mynxae: Belsheroth is fully aware of your actions concerning the Virus. After all, Vanyanil was there when Isyldar tricked Alyverai. Secondly, Belsheroth would be fully aware of anything you did in Hell because of his curse on the plane such that he is aware of all that occurs there.
    Ipso Facto Colombo Oreo; Your deceptions merely aggravate his grief at the death of his Sons. Alyveran is dead and gone, and nothing anyone says will change that, to continue to claim such is an insult. I don't know why I said all that out of character, so I'll say it in character.

The Conference That's Going Nowhere

Again Anzhela rose suddenly to her feet, slamming her hands down upon the table. It cracked more severely than last time, but the cracks did not repair themselves, remaining instead as they were.
    "Enough! Lord Nettal, you are out of line!
    "Lord Isyldar, you have heard the word of Lord Belsheroth on this matter, and no amount of trickery will change that! We are aware of your deceptions, both in Hell and on Ashkharh. You are not Alyveran. Claiming as such merely aggravates the grief that weighs upon the heart of Belsheroth. You insult and wound him with such claims.
    "This Conference is adjourned until a later date. Lord Morgash, you will receive a copy of what has been agreed upon so far."

As she spoke, the sky darkened and lightning flickered, but that dissipated as soon as Anzhela left.
    Well now that most of the pompous, hypocritical and self serving representatives are gone, maybe we can get something done here. Nettal said as soon as Anzhela and Savorla left. To the rest of the gods, he said Forgive my harsh words earlier, I am more willing to talk reasonably now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Finally done, I should be back to normal now.

Acabare

Despite what she said, Gwyn watched in silence for a time, she had figured out who her daughter was and she couldn't help but say, she was impressed. The girl knew which points were important to her and knew when to fight it out.

She closed her eyes and reached with her mind to Thorondor and he went to a strange place devoid of any attachment whatsoever.

The Halls of Judgement

Thorondor idly flapped through the massive plane, the gray marble ceiling brushed the tips of his wings as did the floor, but considering that if he to fly over the Hidden Isle, the tips of his wings would reach either coast, this was quite impressive.

Eventually a strange creature came before him. "Who seeks an audience with the givers of judgement?"

Thorondor landed in front of him, it was strange that he could not see the happenings of the hall. Gwyn had gifted him with powers of sight, but the proceedings were invisible to him.

"I need bring one of you to council of gods. Come with?"

"Why should I? There is nothing for me there."

Thorondor hopped on one foot and spread his wings, "They deciding death."

The Peace Council

Without warning Thorondor winged through the council carryingthe judge of the dead, the judge, a strange and skeletal figure, lept from Thorondor's back and bowed, "Fair greetings to you. I am a Judge of the Dead and I would offer my services. And since one of Gwyn's servants carried me in, I believe I need to defend our neutrality."

He cleared his throat, more like a rattle really, "We are creatures with no allegiance, my father and god Zankrith created us to serve as impartial judges of the dead. Then he realized that he was at an impasse, if he participated in divine politics, he would have a bias and that bias would affect us. So, to perserve our neutrality, to fulfill his dream for us, he allowed himself to die."

He looked at each of the gods, "I understand you are discussing the disposition of the dead. Again, we are creatures without allegiance or even name. I propose, you carry your dead to us and we judge on criteria each of you, he nods to Nettal.

"Provides."

Thorondor flapped up to Gwyn's seat and used the back of the chair as a perch, "I just glorified taxi."

Cerune Aftermath

Sophia nodded, "Drop me straight on top of him."

The War of the North

The knights felt the curse hit them, they shuddered, demoralized for a moment. Until looking over they saw Nettal's unbridled power. They roared and the fighting grew more ferocious.

With the Cerunians retreating the knights belegared on both sides found reprieve and quickly took the hill before turning to smash the Vargulfi between themselves and the Order of the Nameless Knight.
    The Judge of the dead, so good to have you here as a representative. It makes it easier for me to make my proposals instead of having them go through an intermediary. Nettal inclined his head to the skeletal being. The meat of my proposal is simple. No two races are alike, indeed no two beings are alike enough, in my opinion, for them to be held against the same measure when being sent to the afterlife. Therefore I propose that each race and culture, be judged by their adherence to the moral standards that they have set for themselves. Ideally this would apply to those in Hell as well, as many such differences of opinion regarding morality are what led to so many being consigned to hell in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Peace Council

A Shadow flew from the sky and landed nearby. Lord Ombra has asked me to speak on his behalf for the purposes of this council. He glared darkly. So first things first. What is a council?
    Nettal inclined his head once more at the arrival of the shadow. Hail, fell seeker of the Cloaked Lord. A council is where a few with power gather to decide the fate of others not present in an impartial and unconcerned manner.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Troll in the Playground

War in the North

The Armies of the Black Reach quickly began to react to the changing nature of the battlefield, their Warg cavalry swinging widely around to pick up the slack of the Cerunians, and to prepare for devastating rear charges against the enemies sides and flanks.

The spearmen formed into a wall around the main body of the army against the mounted Knights, with swordsmen and other units with less range moving up to support against infantry attacks. The Black Reach archers began to pelt the main forces of the Calsanctium.

On the front lines, The Sovereign still battled the Imposter. Vuk'Garan's long arm came forward to grab at the Vampire's throat, while he brought his dark blade around in a vicious arc. "What if I were to kill you here, today?"

Post War Cerune

A figure with blazing white eyes looked at the dead Raven Kin. Profaniti nodded slowly to himself, and a cruel smile worked upon his lips. "Someone will have to inform the authorities about this..."

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Titan in the Playground

Cerune Aftermath

Sophia fell on top of the knight, the impact of his armor hurt, but she knew what she was doing. She pulled off his helmet before he could recover from having 130 or so pounds fall on top of him and pounded his face into the stone. After only one or two hits against the floor he was out cold.

Sophia looked very concerned, "Y'know, I'm actually confused as to why I'm confused... I think you broke me."

She shook her head and stood, "Might as well expedite my insanity."
    You try living for roundabouts three thousand years and see if everything YOU say isn't confusing. He growled before opening the door. Let's move. He flattened himself against the wall, keeping to the shadows to make himself harder to spot.

Peace Council

...I am the Sailor.The Sailor stared at Nettal. And I'm not sure which idiotic expression to address first... The fact you called the Prince the 'cloaked lord' when he's not even the first cloaked god, or the idea that people should decide what people not present would want...

...Ah, here's a good one. WHY ARE THERE ENOUGH STUPID THINGS FLOATING AROUND THAT I HAVE TO CHOOSE?!

Suddenly he jerked his head as if he'd been slapped, and he glared up at the sky. What?!

You could almost FEEL Ombra glaring through the table.

...Fine. He grumbled, looking back to Nettal. Ombra's feeding me information relevant to the topic, and as I- he understands it, souls in hell are largely there because the SOUL ITSELF feels they deserve it.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #1370

The Deep

"First things first, Aqaeris, this is my son, Graiah. Graiah, this si your uncle, Aqaeris." Introducing the two made Kipt look happy. "Are you feeling ok, brother?" He asks.

Then, turning to Graiah, "Yes, your cause of creating new life in one that I agree with, so I will help you." Kipt begins to create, taking another small shard of energy from Kiloasa's tree, and making it into something. Solidified, it was a vibrant emerald, in which one could see the essence of plant life itself if they looked hard enough. He fashioned it around a gold chain, then handed it to his son. "This is a relic called 'life's eye'. It will serve you well in your quest to promote plants, but it may be dangerous to use it's powers elsewhere. You make me proud, son."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting with 22 AP +1 PAP
    Create relic, life's eye: -(3+1)
    Giving me 19 AP

Life's eye, grants it's user one extra temporary AP every rollover, but that AP must be used to promote plant life in some way. If the AP is not used to promote plant life, then the relic is destroyed. This AP may exceeded one's max AP because it is temporary (ie, a fledgling could have 15+1), and it may be used to qualify for domains. It may not stack, or be acquired twice. It does not rollover, and one AP should be the maximum of this AP that anyone has at any point in time.

Rollover:
    19 AP
    +6
    =25 AP (max)

21. - Top - End - #1371

The Deep

Aquaeris sighed. "No."

He turned to Graiah.

"You remind me of someone I knew, once. I see you have built a forest in my waters."

His eyes blazed with sudden passion.

"You have built it in the lands of the Deepspawn. If you go there ever again, check on my folk, will you?"

He handed Graiah a carved turquoise. If either of them listened closely, they could hear a tiny snarl coming from Kiloasa's tree.

Acabarë

Aquaeris silently turned away for a second. When he turned back, he had a glowing, electric blue jewel clasped in his hands.

"Present for thee."

Wigbach

The lone god heard a hole opening in the air beside him. Out of it floated a carved grey rock.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:

Create Relic: the Gem of Independence

This gem gives a +2 RCR bonus to the wielder if they are acting of their own accord and not as part of a team. In-game, it urges the holder to be alone and strong, and rewards them with pleasure and strength when they act that way. This was the gem gifted to Gwyn.

Create Relic: the Gem of Power

This gem gives a +2 RCR bonus to the wielder if they are trying to impose their power on another. In-game, it urges the holder to act upon their impulses, and rewards them with strength and energy when they do this. This was the gem gifted to Graiah.

Create Relic: the Gem of Apathy

This gem reduces the cost of curses by the owner by 1 AP if they act towards the goal of apathy and doubt. In-game, it urges the wielder to be hopeless and believe in nothing, and rewards them with strength and wisdom when they are. This was the gem gifted to Wigbach.

AP: 12-4-4-4=0 AP.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

22. - Top - End - #1372

Acabare

Gwyn smiled gratfully, but shook her head, "You've given me enough Aqaerius, I could not in good concious take more."

The War in the North

The beasts claw closed over the captain's throat, but even as the ax came near him, he dissolved into mist only to appear over the monster's back.

"If you can find a way to kill me. Then I'll go to Hell."

A blast of lightning rocketed from his hands towards the Barghest, somehow the Captain stayed aloft.

"And like I said, I'm not worried."

The Peace Council

The Judge of the Dead nodded, "What the sailor says is mostly correct, our proceedings are our most closely guarded secret, but I can tell you this much lord Nettal. A soul is judged against nothing but itself."

Cerune Aftermath

Sophia shook her head, not really taking the Doctor's comment seriously. They continued through the ill lit corridors, curiously there weren't that many patrols, maybe one or two times the Doctor and Sophia had to dodge a patrol.

This actually did nothing for Sophia's nerves, for some reason, she felt like the way was being cleared for them.

Eventually they find themselves down the hall from what used to be the king's chambers. Two knights stand guard. Sophia looked at the Doctor. "I can't knock them out without making a sound, so it's all you Doctor."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-09-29 at 02:49 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Deep

"First things first, Aqaeris, this is my son, Graiah. Graiah, this si your uncle, Aqaeris." Introducing the two made Kipt look happy. "Are you feeling ok, brother?" He asks.

Then, turning to Graiah, "Yes, your cause of creating new life in one that I agree with, so I will help you." Kipt begins to create, taking another small shard of energy from Kiloasa's tree, and making it into something. Solidified, it was a vibrant emerald, in which one could see the essence of plant life itself if they looked hard enough. He fashioned it around a gold chain, then handed it to his son. "This is a relic called 'life's eye'. It will serve you well in your quest to promote plants, but it may be dangerous to use it's powers elsewhere. You make me proud, son."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting with 22 AP +1 PAP
    Create relic, life's eye: -(3+1)
    Giving me 19 AP

Life's eye, grants it's user one extra temporary AP every rollover, but that AP must be used to promote plant life in some way. If the AP is not used to promote plant life, then the relic is destroyed. This AP may exceeded one's max AP because it is temporary (ie, a fledgling could have 15+1), and it may be used to qualify for domains. It may not stack, or be acquired twice. It does not rollover, and one AP should be the maximum of this AP that anyone has at any point in time.

Rollover:
    19 AP
    +6
    =25 AP (max)
    Relations and Gifts

Upon being introduced to his uncle, Graiah lowers his vines in leiu of a bow. "Greetings, uncle. I am honored to meet you."

When Kipt offers him Life's Eye, he accepts it gladly. The glowing gem is enfolded into the mass of vines, seen only as a glowing green eye in the center of the plants.

"I thank you for the honor of this gift, Father. I shall use it as you have said. I am not much of one for words. With your permission, allow me to depart and put actions to my words."

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    The Deep

Aquaeris sighed. "No."

He turned to Graiah.

Spoiler
    Show
    "You remind me of someone I knew, once. I see you have built a forest in my waters."
    Spoiler
    Show

His eyes blazed with sudden passion.

"You have built it in the lands of the Deepspawn. If you go there ever again, check on my folk, will you?"

He handed Graiah a carved turquoise. If either of them listened closely, they could hear a tiny snarl coming from Kiloasa's tree.
    BEFORE departing, Graiah will answer his uncle.

"Yes, I have found that they are a wonderful place, one of infinite life and wonder. Now that I know that they are yours, I will honor you in the depths. I will of course watch after your children as well. I have not yet met them, but I am sure it will only be a matter of time."

With that, he will depart back to the depths of the Greensea Forest

Greensea Forest - Surging Growth

Graiah settled back down into the depths of his domain, and observed his children, the Vine Sprites. They have learned much of the world and have even discovered another world, one whose essence feels very similar to his own. Perhaps the god he was created from, Kiloasa, had a hand in its creation? It was filled with and dominated by plant life and his children seemed to love it. Perhaps they would be able to benefit from its discovery. Still, the work for today was to grow and create.

The mortal creatures thus far had seemed to be oblivious to plants and the Vine Sprites had garnered only a passing glance from them if at all. Oh well, that was their loss. Whether they payed attention or not, soon the Green Life would grow enough that they would no longer be able to ignore it. Graiah did not care to put any more effort into impressing them. Other than being potentially useful tools for tending the Green, he did not care about them and did not need them to see his plans come to fruition.

Instead, Graiah did as was his nature and as his father had asked and worked at creation. Using Life's Eye as a focus, Graiah went about creating a new life in much the same way he had the Vine Sprites. He has formed a great number of living plants already, and their mass will continue to grow and spread. However, save his Vine Sprites, this life was slow to work, and it did not react quickly to changes. With his proclivity for remaining in the depths, Graiah would be able to shepherd and protect the Green Life there, but he had little to no influence on the land. He desired to create a tool, a right hand, one who could act in his stead on the surface.

From the dreams of his children, he learned of the animals on land, and chose among them the form of the deer, a sleek and fast form for the new life to take. Infusing it with power from his own essence, with Life's Eye to focus his energies, Graiah brought his new child to life. The dense, hard fibers of her being were grown with flexibility and power, and her flanks were covered in a fine green moss which shone in the light. When she channelled the power of her heritage, her eyes and flanks shone the emerald green of her legacy.

"Antheima, my daughter, my strong right hand, know that I love you. You were made with a purpose: to be the guardian and avenger of the surface world and the Green Life within it. My heart is within you, and I bid you grow the Green on the surface. If you ever need me, call out and I shall hear you, no matter where you are."

"May it be as you say, Father." was her response.

With a gentle caress and one last blessing, Graiah sent his daughter forth to the lands above to begin her work.

Spoiler
    Show
    ap: 3=4+4(rollover)-4(create avatar: Antheima, the Green Daughter)+1(the ap from Life's Eye, used in creating the avatar for Graiah's will on the surface in his quest to increase plant life everywhere)-2 (infuse Antheima, she is Graiah's daughter and shares a not insignificant portion of his power)

She looks like a white doe with a wide crest on her head. Her neck, head, and back is covered in glossy green moss. A few long, thin leaves trail from her body along the edges.

She has a "false" spark, a weakened version of her father's own spark. If I understand the rules correctly, infused false sparks gain 2 ap instead of 1, although them exploding at 5 ap is still true and thus you have to spend twice as fast or lose the spark.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-09-29 at 03:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Titan in the Playground

Cerune Aftermath

Sophia shook her head, not really taking the Doctor's comment seriously. They continued through the ill lit corridors, curiously there weren't that many patrols, maybe one or two times the Doctor and Sophia had to dodge a patrol.

This actually did nothing for Sophia's nerves, for some reason, she felt like the way was being cleared for them.

Eventually they find themselves down the hall from what used to be the king's chambers. Two knights stand guard. Sophia looked at the Doctor. "I can't knock them out without making a sound, so it's all you Doctor."
    Cerune Aftermath

Spoiler
    Show
    Didn't Sophia already know the Doctor had been around for 3000 years?

Ok, just gonna move up to the ceiling and-

Before the Doctor could move, however, a pair of dark tendrils suddenly shot down from the ceiling above the guards, enveloping their faces. They struggled briefly but fell unconscious, and another Shadow dropped from the ceiling. It turned and looked at the door.

...Well I was gonna do THAT, but...

At the sound of the Doctor's voice, the other shadow's head snapped back around to glare at Sophia and the Doctor's hiding place. She gestured with her head as if to say 'come on' and walked inside on all fours.

...I think that was the Huntress.

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #1375

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Cerune Aftermath

Spoiler
    Show
    Didn't Sophia already know the Doctor had been around for 3000 years?

Ok, just gonna move up to the ceiling and-

Before the Doctor could move, however, a pair of dark tendrils suddenly shot down from the ceiling above the guards, enveloping their faces. They struggled briefly but fell unconscious, and another Shadow dropped from the ceiling. It turned and looked at the door.

...Well I was gonna do THAT, but...

At the sound of the Doctor's voice, the other shadow's head snapped back around to glare at Sophia and the Doctor's hiding place. She gestured with her head as if to say 'come on' and walked inside on all fours.

...I think that was the Huntress.
    Spoiler
    Show
    She does, I was referring to the Doctor claiming an inability to form coherent thought.

Sophia cringes as the knights fall to the floor, "She's good."

Then the huntress signals for them to follow and Sophia nods, "We'd better follow."

She runs forward to do just that.

Inside the Room

The door opens, revealing a posh room complete with an oaken bed and velvet sheets.

The Huntress sees the same scene she saw weeks ago, just with prettier surroundings. The Imposter is reclining on a leather couch. The jar holding the Butler's head floating just in front of him, supported by his telekinetic powers.

Another figure shares the room with him, this one, the Huntress does not recognize.

Sophia bursts into the room, she stops dead upon seeing the grotesque display, "What the Hell??"

"Ah, Sophia, I assume the Doctor is with you as well? And what was you name again little Shadow, oh there is no use hiding,"

He smiled showing off his enlarged canines, "I can smell your fear."

Spoiler
    Show
    @L_A: Up to you if the figure is Profanti just warning the Captain. Otherwise it will be random knight
    Gwyn, The First Knight

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ettin in the Playground

More on the Matters of Afterlife

The system has already been changed Lord Vargull. Had you paid further attention and you would have realised. But that is beside the point.
    The Souls that languish in Hell are there because of their mortal decisions. Unlike Isanloff, I support the free will of Mortalkind, despite what my detractors might think. And if the free will of Mortalkind leads them to evil, then so be it.
    Hush now, for the matter concerning the passage of the dead from life to death is soon to be decided:

A beam of light surrounded the Judge of the Dead and the sky darkened over. Lightning flickered, but it remained very subdued.
    The Judge is correct. There can be no more accurate judgement of a soul than against itself. Mortal decisions regarding morality are often flawed and the divine expectations of them too high.
    All are given souls and have the same potential for good and evil, for law and chaos, for loyalty and betrayal; any other difference is meaningless.

He had managed to cool down a bit and no longer had thoughts of smiting anyone at the table. Except for Nettal, but only a little bit.
    Anzhela hadn't cooled down, so Belsheroth had sent her sort the books collected by the Belsherai over the aeons. Perhaps he needed to grant his subjects vacations...

Dragons!

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

War in the North

Vuk'Garan laughed as the lightning smashes into his armor, dancing over his body and causing fresh smoke to rise from his body. His sword began to crackle with inner flame, cracks like magma flowing across it. "I shall enjoy attempting just that."

With that he swept his blade in a rough circle around himself, creating a blazing curtain around him, before leaping once more for the Captain with a dizzying number of strikes.

Aftermath of Cerune

Next to the Captain stood an odd man. He had a pair of small horns jutting from his head and a cruel smile, he was unnaturally tall, and his eyes and mouth blazed with a white light, pure in its intensity, but somehow... wrong. His hands danced over the head of another figure, a dead Raven-Kin, holding her aloft with strands of white energy like a puppeteer. "How good of you to join us. A little birdy told me we had visitors in town, and I thought my friend here would be very interested to meet you personally."
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2012-09-30 at 06:56 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    She does, I was referring to the Doctor claiming an inability to form coherent thought.

Sophia cringes as the knights fall to the floor, "She's good."

Then the huntress signals for them to follow and Sophia nods, "We'd better follow."

She runs forward to do just that.

Inside the Room

The door opens, revealing a posh room complete with an oaken bed and velvet sheets.

The Huntress sees the same scene she saw weeks ago, just with prettier surroundings. The Imposter is reclining on a leather couch. The jar holding the Butler's head floating just in front of him, supported by his telekinetic powers.

Another figure shares the room with him, this one, the Huntress does not recognize.

Sophia bursts into the room, she stops dead upon seeing the grotesque display, "What the Hell??"

"Ah, Sophia, I assume the Doctor is with you as well? And what was you name again little Shadow, oh there is no use hiding,"

He smiled showing off his enlarged canines, "I can smell your fear."

Spoiler
    Show
    @L_A: Up to you if the figure is Profanti just warning the Captain. Otherwise it will be random knight
    That's where you're wrong, mate. No fear. She pulled herself up from the ground. Just disgust. She waved back at Sophia and the Doctor without looking at them. Hi Doctor, hi Knight. Good to meet the latter, nice to see the former.

Hi huntress, you look pretty today, who the hells is that?

She slid next to him and rubbed against his neck. Thank you, that's a vampire and something else I don't recognize and he's got the Butler's head in a jar.

The Doctor was quiet for a moment. He glared at the Imposter. How dare you imprison him in a jar...

The Huntress slid to Sophia's other side, now in a ready position. Well I sure hope that hound comes back.

....... Uh-

Because I ****ing called it~!!!!
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-09-30 at 08:47 AM.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ogre in the Playground

More on the Matters of Afterlife

The system has already been changed Lord Vargull. Had you paid further attention and you would have realised. But that is beside the point.
    The Souls that languish in Hell are there because of their mortal decisions. Unlike Isanloff, I support the free will of Mortalkind, despite what my detractors might think. And if the free will of Mortalkind leads them to evil, then so be it.
    Hush now, for the matter concerning the passage of the dead from life to death is soon to be decided:

A beam of light surrounded the Judge of the Dead and the sky darkened over. Lightning flickered, but it remained very subdued.
    The Judge is correct. There can be no more accurate judgement of a soul than against itself. Mortal decisions regarding morality are often flawed and the divine expectations of them too high.
    All are given souls and have the same potential for good and evil, for law and chaos, for loyalty and betrayal; any other difference is meaningless.

He had managed to cool down a bit and no longer had thoughts of smiting anyone at the table. Except for Nettal, but only a little bit.
    Anzhela hadn't cooled down, so Belsheroth had sent her sort the books collected by the Belsherai over the aeons. Perhaps he needed to grant his subjects vacations...
    Morgash glared at the Judge of the Dead. "What in the cosmos gives the right to punish evil? Why should evil be punished anymore than good?"

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull, Peace Conference

Nodding to Morgash, Vargull responded "Why is a mortal believing themselves destined for Hell, or deserving of Hell, any more a reliable than the oh so fallible will of the gods? Despite your claims to the contrary, Hell as it is now exists is a strike against free will. Why should the choices of a mortal in life be punished for any time in death, even if they for whatever reason feel they deserve it? Why can no soul in Hell be allowed to leave it without being remade? Hell was a mistake, made by mistaken gods. We moving forward, trying to forge common coalition, should not have to live with its legacy merely for sentiments sake."