New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    You speak of Ombra's motivations and the previous actions and beliefs of the gods as if you have known them all of your life. He growled. How is that any different?
    Because once I had decided to seek divinity, I made a point of learning all I could about its nature during the seemingly endless sleep of the gods. I know the philosophies of most deities, and I see them from both the perspective of a God and a Mortal. I did my research, it would behoove you to do the same.

Uh, no? Kingdoms execute - or worse, IMPRISON - people who break their laws. A person can leave a church any time they want. We do not kill mortals for lack of piety... okay, I don't. Can't speak for, say, Belsheroth.
    And yet, when Belsheroth destroyed a Kingdom and killed millions, you did nothing. It was tyranny, no different than the Arch-Liches, except that the actions of the Arch-Liches extended and improved the lives of their people, instead of causing millions of them to starve and die. And even after the chaos you still did nothing.

You are pure bluster, Ombra.

You want me to learn what the difference is between a corrupt society and a NOT corrupt society... by going to a school within one of the most corrupt regimes on the face of the planet. Ombra rolled the Sailor's eyes. Oh yeah, you are making soooooooooo much sense.
    Yes, I do. It cannot harm you to learn the opinions of your enemy, to know and understand them that you may better destroy them. Unless you're afraid that maybe you're wrong...

I'm already doing the other solution, and it's the solution you want me to STOP doing.

I'll say it slowly. He extended his neck and put his face in Nettal's again. This. World. Is. Beyond. Saving. Nothing I do. Will ever. Work. Unless you think it's okay for me to enslave the entire planet with my mind, or obliterate it to dust? In which case, I'm going to have to kill you.
    At this point, you could not destroy me even if you tried, Ombra. And if you were to unmake creation, it would be the end of you.

Still you bluster and whine, doing nothing but complaining. If Plan A fails, move on to Plan B. When Plan B fails, create Plan C.

Prose does not change how petty and childish 'no im not you are' is.
    And calling someone a Moron does not prove your point any better. The truth is that you are wrong, but you refuse to admit it. You have done nothing so great in your life, all the empires of the world that fell were toppled by hands other than your own. Your own people rebel against you and act more efficiently and successfully than you.

You are mocked on all sides Ombra and you rail against it futilely.

By that logic, they would've figured it out on their own.
    Obviously not, or I would not be here. There was a need for one such as me, which is why my false spark stands now pure. If the gods knew and accepted their arrogance and folly, my presence and power would be unneccessary.

Mass murder of anything other than spores is not a part of life. And you know it.
    And yet it occurs. With startling frequency. Death is a part of nature, many deaths. Sometimes they happen rarely, sometimes all at once. Do not pretend to know more of nature than a former champion of the very god of nature.

That's actually my fault - putting yourself in someone's head messes up their vision.

...So he's not human?

No, Sailor.
    Maybe if you weren't busy trying to control mortals without "controlling" them, you would have an easier time constructing arguments I cannot disassemble with basic logic and less than my full attention.

I was proud a mortal ascended to challenge those who he had been told all his life were his betters. I thought, perhaps now we could actually get something fixed. Ombra snarled. But now I see all the universe got was more of the same. Another arrogant, hypocritical, and rotten to the core beast. Worse, proclaiming itself righteous BECAUSE of those traits.
    Said the arrogant, hypocritical, rotten beast of a god of shadows. There are no insults you can level at me that I cannot level at you Ombra. Be proud that a mortal has ascended to godhood of his own power, and accept that this means you must face the truth as all gods do.

You are not better than they, you are not better than me. You are as much a part of the problem as the rest of the gods. You're just too self absorbed to realize it.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Because once I had decided to seek divinity, I made a point of learning all I could about its nature during the seemingly endless sleep of the gods. I know the philosophies of most deities, and I see them from both the perspective of a God and a Mortal. I did my research, it would behoove you to do the same.
    Learning the nature of divinity - something I doubt you could learn properly from a book or experimentation with Druidic power - will not give you insight to the thoughts and motivations of the gods. Even gaining a divine Shard would not let you read minds, and if it did I doubt it could stretch back thousands of years.

And yet, when Belsheroth destroyed a Kingdom and killed millions, you did nothing. It was tyranny, no different than the Arch-Liches, except that the actions of the Arch-Liches extended and improved the lives of their people, instead of causing millions of them to starve and die. And even after the chaos you still did nothing.

You are pure bluster, Ombra.
    I care not for the number of lives lost, Nettal. He said, strangely calm. A life ended early is better than a life in chains. Belsheroth is a problem but hardly the worst in this universe.

And so far you have done nothing but debate reality with a god and make excuses for your actions while decrying the excuses of others.

I am not as powerful as I appear or act - I can do little without enslaving mortalkind, and what I can do, I am doing.

Yes, I do. It cannot harm you to learn the opinions of your enemy, to know and understand them that you may better destroy them. Unless you're afraid that maybe you're wrong...
    You misunderstand. I know what civics courses teach. I just don't agree. At all. In fact, listening to it is much like putting a nail in each ear and letting them meet in the middle. There is so much bias I amazed mortalkind still even HAS free will. Let alone uses it.

At this point, you could not destroy me even if you tried, Ombra. And if you were to unmake creation, it would be the end of you.

Still you bluster and whine, doing nothing but complaining. If Plan A fails, move on to Plan B. When Plan B fails, create Plan C.
    Plan C is 'blow up the universe', which I won't be doing. And yes, that includes me... Is there a point somewhere in there?

And calling someone a Moron does not prove your point any better. The truth is that you are wrong, but you refuse to admit it. You have done nothing so great in your life, all the empires of the world that fell were toppled by hands other than your own. Your own people rebel against you and act more efficiently and successfully than you.

You are mocked on all sides Ombra and you rail against it futilely.
    The 'truth', Nettal, is that what I want is exactly what I must never do. Ombra rolled the Sailor's eyes. The concept must seem strange to one who thinks himself better than all others in a field by virtue of getting there.

I cannot honestly say I care what you think.

Obviously not, or I would not be here. There was a need for one such as me, which is why my false spark stands now pure. If the gods knew and accepted their arrogance and folly, my presence and power would be unneccessary.
    I was saying your logic was flawed. Are you even TRYING to listen, or have you just decided I'm an idiot?

And yet it occurs. With startling frequency. Death is a part of nature, many deaths. Sometimes they happen rarely, sometimes all at once. Do not pretend to know more of nature than a former champion of the very god of nature.
    Oh, but I thought at this point we were giving lectures on each other's domains and practices as a matter of course. Or did you forget you've been trying to explain the nature of freedom to me? Nature struggles, as it is wont to do. You did not struggle for survival - you slaughtered.

Maybe if you weren't busy trying to control mortals without "controlling" them, you would have an easier time constructing arguments I cannot disassemble with basic logic and less than my full attention.
    And if YOU actually cared, you would be doing the things the gods apparently are too blind to do instead of talking to me about it.

Said the arrogant, hypocritical, rotten beast of a god of shadows. There are no insults you can level at me that I cannot level at you Ombra. Be proud that a mortal has ascended to godhood of his own power, and accept that this means you must face the truth as all gods do.
    He smiled. You're really high-strung, you know that?

No god - from Isanloff to Belsheroth - has accepted any 'truth' presented by another. You can TRY, Nettal, to change the minds of me and my fellows, but you will not succeed. My professional advice to you is to quit trying and just show us by virtue of your actions that your way is better.

And my personal advice is to stop having arguments with people whose arguments you think yourself able to take apart with basic logic. It's more frustrating than it's worth.

You are not better than they, you are not better than me. You are as much a part of the problem as the rest of the gods. You're just too self absorbed to realize it.[/COLOR]
    He laughed. I'm not a good god, Nettal... I'm not a good god at all... At best, I... no, you will not listen. No point in explaining.

The problem is that there is no longer any way this universe can be salvaged, and nothing worth saving. His eyes grew dark. I am TRYING to improve what I can. And you're right - it's very little.

You are as arrogant as you think we are, Nettal - worse, you think you aren't. It's almost funny. Keep your delusions that this is where the world gets better, Nettal. Time will wear your naiieve idiocy down into mush soon enough.

Words are nothing without action. I think government wrong, and so I created the Shadows. If you think me so wrong, He said quietly, Then come to the Shadowlands and DO something about it.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-10-01 at 05:55 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Barbarian in the Playground

Acabarė, Although Perhaps Not

Gwyn's eyes saw the gem grow larger. It swelled until it was vast, until it should have broken the boundaries of the fortress. The jewel shifted and, quite suddenly, warped into a mostly formless landscape, covered by a shallow sea. Standing in the clear, waveless water was a figure.
    It glowed with mists of many shades, both golden and blue and toxic green. The mists seemed to be battling each other, the gold and blue mists losing very badly. What was more alarming was that virtually all of it was formed of broken shards, buzzing chaotically around a gently glowing fragment of itself. The broken shards were lashed together by bonds of lightning and tendrils of smoke.

"We have called you here to see this because of my other shard. He will be speaking for us both."

The one tiny fragment that was not broken glowed, turning into a spirit like form, almost Aquaeris but not quite. It was formed of- images? Memories?

A glowing form wafted, invisible to the mortals below, through a forest. It reached out and touched a stone sword, sparking it with magic dark and light at the same time, though it was of blood.

A Kalpan wielding the sword, raising undead legions into battle against innocent Calasanctites.

The same god, arguing with Isanloff in the Void.

The god, older now, watching two lives in love and blessing them.

The god splashing his liquid benediction down on a dying desert city. His hard work in the city to help the goblins. His sister, terrible to behold, rejecting him. Something dark happened in the depths of the sea.

The same god, yet older, saving a goblin girl nearly dead with shame and pain, giving her wings.

The god, now young again, laughing with joy at a council of the gods.

The god seeing his trees dying around him and sacrificing himself to his cause.

A broken form, horrible beyond belief, emerging from the tree and creating three gems of evil.

Aquaeris.

The misty shard that was unbroken spoke in a soft voice. "I can hardly be said to exist. My broken spirit is pain beyond belief. Is there good enough in me and the universe for me to remain, to fight? Or should I go a quick, painless way out of this shadowed realm? I know not. Your move."
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

4. - Top - End - #1414

BlueWizardGirl

The Hunters

The hunters continued on in their search, not being dismayed by losing the trail of Reddulch. Soon, after finding a trace, they found a trail, and they followed that trail to an oasis. There they found footsteps in sand, leading off to a rock, where a figure could be seen sitting, overlooking a pond. The sky was overcast, however, unusual for the desert. Reddulch stared down at still waves in the pond, focused on another life.

The conference from hell

Tresingiis's avatar smiles and nods at the comments passing between the gods' representatives.

The Goblin Emirates
    Michael nods at Sofia in agreement, but then hesitates, and proclaims a mystery. "But who's orders are these? And why would the liches have returned? Should we go to someone with this?"

Spoiler
    Show
    delayed blast Rollover:
    Tylarch +2=2
    Reddulch+1=3
    Tresingiis: +6=8
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-10-01 at 08:52 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Pointless Arguments

I never expect any god to accept a reasoned argument, Ombra. If that had worked, the lot of you would never have made the world as screwed up as it is. But I'll continue to make the arguments because if no one does, then that is equivalent to approval of your actions.

What did you think would happen if a mortal ascended to godhood? Did you assume that he would see the world your way and join you in glorious revolution. You are as much a part of the problem as the rest of the gods Ombra, but you, like the rest, refuse to change yourself to fix the problem. And I believe I know why:

Gods are incomplete beings. The vacuum of their souls where alternative points of view and empathy exist are filled with cosmic power. That is why they act in piecemeal fashion and why it takes so many gods to create anything substantive. That is why you cannot change your essence, why you cannot stand alternatives to your own view of reality and why you are so quick to throw around your power when the world disagrees with you.

I have not used my power, despite so desparately wanting to, for the simple fact that I am trying to demonstrate an alternative.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ogre in the Playground

The "Peace" Council

Morgash stood, his energy expanding and enveloping the entire council. "ENOUGH!" He shouted, making the air crackle with energy. "Ombra, my son." he spit out the word, obviously disgusted. "You are expelled from the Circle, your words and actions today have shown your true allegiance."

Morgash expended his power, disintegrating the Sailor, reassembling him within Alchazzar's torture chambers. "As for you, Judge, you will be punished for a long, long time for your transgressions against me." And the Judge was whisked away to the Torture chambers near the Sailor. Within the Halls of Judgement, all of the Judges vanished, to appear within Alchazzar's Torture chambers. "Peace cannot be reached, come, Vargull, Isyldar, we have a war to plan." With that, Morgash disappeared between the planar barrier, reappearing in Morgazzar.

Spoiler
    Show
    0 AP + 3 PAP + 4 AP - 3 PAP = 4 AP
    3 AP Curse: EVERY Judge of the Dead within the Halls of Judgement has been whisked away to Morgash's torture chambers, along with the Sailor.
    0 AP: Expel Ombra from the Circle of Darkness

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord2831 View Post
    The "Peace" Council

Morgash stood, his energy expanding and enveloping the entire council. "ENOUGH!" He shouted, making the air crackle with energy. "Ombra, my son." he spit out the word, obviously disgusted. "You are expelled from the Circle, your words and actions today have shown your true allegiance."

Morgash expended his power, disintegrating the Sailor, reassembling him within Alchazzar's torture chambers. "As for you, Judge, you will be punished for a long, long time for your transgressions against me." And the Judge was whisked away to the Torture chambers near the Sailor. Within the Halls of Judgement, all of the Judges vanished, to appear within Alchazzar's Torture chambers. "Peace cannot be reached, come, Vargull, Isyldar, we have a war to plan." With that, Morgash disappeared between the planar barrier, reappearing in Morgazzar.

Spoiler
    Show
    3 AP Curse: EVERY Judge of the Dead within the Halls of Judgement has been whisked away to Morgash's torture chambers, along with the Sailor.
    The Not-So-Peaceful Conference

"Enjoy your lives everyone. For they shall not last very long!" said Isyldar, as he chuckled and summoned a pistol. He raised his arm and shot a firework out of the tip in the same instant, showering the conference with ash as he disappeared, Teveil, Alyverai and the two Awakened who had been hiding in the shadows vanishing with him.

Morgazzar

Isyldar and his servants re-appeared in a flash of smoke. As they saw Morgash in a not-so-good mood, they all bowed humbly and sat down on seats that Isyldar conjured up, he himself sitting upon a green throne that swirled and shifted between materials, being made of sandstone, marble or even simple wood.

"Lord Morgash, I and my servants are here as you requested. We are at your command, as are our armies combined. All except the Devils at the moment, but I shall deceive Belsheroth into letting me have them. Do not worry about that" he said with eyes sparkling and a pointy grin.

His voice shifted and the throne briefly changed to red and hellsteel. "Don't worry Morgash, my old friend. I'll sort out this one here, and then I think my Father and I will need to face each other. One day or another" growled Alyveran, his eyes flashing with anger.

The throne shifted back to green and Isyldar looked back up at Morgash. "So, what's the plan?" he stated.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Pointless Arguments

I never expect any god to accept a reasoned argument, Ombra. If that had worked, the lot of you would never have made the world as screwed up as it is. But I'll continue to make the arguments because if no one does, then that is equivalent to approval of your actions.

What did you think would happen if a mortal ascended to godhood? Did you assume that he would see the world your way and join you in glorious revolution. You are as much a part of the problem as the rest of the gods Ombra, but you, like the rest, refuse to change yourself to fix the problem. And I believe I know why:

Gods are incomplete beings. The vacuum of their souls where alternative points of view and empathy exist are filled with cosmic power. That is why they act in piecemeal fashion and why it takes so many gods to create anything substantive. That is why you cannot change your essence, why you cannot stand alternatives to your own view of reality and why you are so quick to throw around your power when the world disagrees with you.

I have not used my power, despite so desparately wanting to, for the simple fact that I am trying to demonstrate an alternative.
    The Sailor pondered for a moment, then Ombra raised his tail and said, An interesting idea, but a flawed one. Firstly-

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord2831 View Post
    The "Peace" Council

Spoiler
    Show
    The Sailor was in Alcahazzar for a brief instant before Ombra struck him down with a thought.

That thought was, I'm sorry.

The Shadow's body began to disintegrate.

Shadowlands

Ombra waved his hand over his table, sending the image of the meeting away. Guess spywork isn't my thing after all. He facepalmed. How could you forget your father was right there you dimwit!! Save the philosophy debate for later...

Alcahazzar

I was TRYING to keep my allegiance hidden, Ombra's cold voice rang in Morgash's head. But whatever, it's not like you were going to help me blow up the world anyway.

Speaking of blowing up. Ten. Nine. Eight...
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-10-02 at 12:22 AM.

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ettin in the Playground

The Conference of Arguments

BOTH OF YOU JUST SHUT UP!
    I have almost unending divine patience - Just SHUT UP Nettal! - and you have worn it thin. And your petty arguments have destroyed what little chance for peace we once had.
    You say I have power Nettal and that I should use it? Then by myself, I will use it!

Lightning struck from the heavens, disintegrating the table. Shards of semi-molten sandstone flew in every direction, harming no one but Nettal. A second bolt struck Nettal, seeking to tear apart his body and rip his spirit up towards the Halls of Death.
    You shall be given the privilege of watching me utilise my power.

Spoiler
    Show
    RCR against Nettal's physical form surviving the bolt of lightning: [roll0]
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ettin in the Playground

Damn... Roll broke.

Spoiler
    Show
    RCR against Nettal: (1d10+9)[14]
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not rolling because the best I can do is 11.

Nettal's body disappeared in a flash of lightning. His physical form was completely vaporized, and his soul stepped out from the pile of ash. He stood in the Halls of Death in front of the wrathful god of death.

Well that hurt. Was it supposed to do something permanent, Belsheroth?

You don't get it. None of you do. You're mad at me, but have you bothered to ask yourself why? I'd like to say that it's because I might be right. But if I mean I'm right, then there really is no fixing things. So Belsheroth, will you prove me wrong?

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ettin in the Playground

Halls of Death

Hardly. You are here to watch as I use my power.
    If Nettal were to look down, he'd see that the floor he was standing on had a blood red heptagram inscribed on it. Chains of darkness rose from the points and wrapped themselves around Nettal, burning away his soul and leaving only his divinity.
    If you are to truly be one of us, then you must suffer with no soul as we have suffered since the beginning of time.
    His voice echoed as if a thousand voices were speaking. The chains continued to wrap around him, searing into him and tightening. At last they stopped moving, binding Nettal into place for eternity.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 15 + 8 (rollover)
    Create Relic: Chains of Death. Whomsoever is bound by these chains can never escape... Easily...
    They torture the victim by fire and ice.
    Remaing AP: 19

RCR to trap Nettal: (1d10+9)[15]

Dragons!

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The searing, freezing chains whipped through Nettal's body and bound him tightly in agony.

Through gritted teeth, he managed to force back a scream and choked out these words:

If I must suffer in chains for eternity, then I shall see to it no mortal ever suffers from you again. A massive surge of power erupted from the nubile god. It was formless, colorless, shapeless, and it enveloped the world of mortals like a blanket.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 15+4 (maybe, see below)
    19 OR 15 AP: Curse Nettal has strengthened the barrier protecting the world from having gods walk upon its surface. Now no god can influence any mortal on the Material Plane in any way without getting permission from Nettal first.

Final AP: 0

However much AP I have has been spent all at once on this curse. And it is COMPLETE. You don't get to spend AP on the Material Plane at all, you can't communicate with mortal followers, you can't collect their souls, you can't interact with them in any way. Unless you have Nettal's go ahead.

However since I'm a little Iffy on how much AP I have I'm leaving that up to the Mods. As a new god I start with 15 AP and Rollover was a couple days ago, but I never spent any of that AP or did my gain. So whether I have 15 or 19 is up to you.

Furthermore, I fully understand and expect the ensuing flame war that this curse will cause, and I don't expect it to last long at all.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, they'll never suffer from me again... You have my word!

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 19
    Curse: The blanket still exists and Nettal's life force is tied to it. But Belsheroth can now ignore it and every use of his divine power (clerics included, not they'll exist for much longer) instead tears it causing even more agony to Nettal. 16 AP
    Curse: Life and Death are withheld from mortalkind (includes every creature native to the mortal plane, Ravenkin, Humans, Goblins, Liches, Vampires, the lot). In essence; Nothing will ever die again and nothing will ever be born again. In addition, their life force fades to the bear minimum needed to keep them alive and their injuries never heal. The world will fall to despair eternal and never have to suffer the benevolence of Belsheroth again. 1 AP
    Remaining AP: 2 + 1 PAP

Across the Mortal World

Everywhere, people began to tire. Their will to live faded and they all began to despair. They lay down to die, but death did not come.
    While high above, great tears were wrought in the fabric of the sky.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-10-02 at 01:21 AM.

Dragons!

15. - Top - End - #1425

Acabare

"Aqaerius..." Gwyn said slowly and then held up her spear.

"It is not my life essence I hold in this spear. You gave it to me, sacrificing so that we would have a greater chance of fighting the evil that has come. So, to answer your question, I can think of no god better than you."

Those, were the last calm words she uttered on this day. For in that moment, her family betrayed her trust.

Spoiler
    Show
    I know I'm behind on other responses, but this kindof necessary. I'll get to the others later

And Gwyn, was angry. The Judges of the Dead, imprisoned by a false representation of her brother, things that were neutral, that were innocent.

Even this, did not compare to what her uncle wrought. She let out a scream.

The Defunct Peace Meeting

Thorondor was a servant of the goddess of Wrath, he nearly cried out when he saw the actions of all the gods. "They, they're mosters!"

And for once, he used grammar, "They no care about mortals, they-"

He heard Gwyn's scream, truly heard it in his heart, "At least she cares."

He spread his wings and flew to the Heavens.

Halls of Death

A bolt of light streaked across the room heading straight for Belsheroth. Gwyn stood there, face uncloaked, unhidden, she was Wrath.

"You ****ing bastard."

The bolt of light dissappeared as soon as it struck or missed Belsheroth and Thorondor landed next to her, all three stories of Eagle, prepared to aid her.

"I will kill you."

Nothing could calm her now, well, almost nothing.

Spoiler
    Show
    RCR, okay operating on my proposal she's at a +13 with Thorondor beside her (Infused Relic, Hero, Fabled Race, Greater god, Organization).

If relics stack, she's at a +15

So, RCR: (1d10+13)[14]

The Shadowlands

The Crone appeared before Ombra, fear plain on her face, "Ombra, Gwyn needs you right now!"
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ettin in the Playground

The Halls of Death

The bolt of light struck Belsheroth in the chest, burning through the shadows that surrounded him and into his heart. Needless to say, it stopped beating.
    If it were possible for me to die, then I would be already dead.
    He coughed up charred ashes and burning blood. He rose to his feet.
    They say that death and the afterlife are suffering. Furthermore, they say that life is suffering and the gods do nothing to aid them.
    Now they are spared from that. I have made things perfect. Just the way that Nettal wanted them.

The silver fire of Belsheroth's eyes flared and a spark travelled along the chain leaving them burning in its wake.
    This is what you wanted Nettal! Are you happy now?
    He laughed and turned back to Gwyn.
    But now that I have rendered my own Purpose null, I shall have to find another. The destruction of evil sounds like the best idea.
    Unfortunately. He interfered and I wasn't able to scour the world of evil. So there goes that idea.

The room turned dark and all that could be seen was the fire of the chains that bound Nettal and the fire of Belsheroth's eyes. As well as whatever glowing things that Gwyn was carrying.

Dragons!

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Titan in the Playground

Graiah - the Depths

Graiah contentedly observed as its children grew and prospered and began to make contact. His daughter was about to begin her first meeting with the thinking talking creatures when, suddenly, the world ended.

He hadn't noticed when the divine had been sealed off from the mortal world. It had not ejected him from the world and he had not been interfering directly.

However, when the second curse hit, he felt that one. It tore through him like a sheet of white-hot metal, searing every fiber of his being. Suddenly, all life everywhere was stuck in a hellish limbo of existence without life. The natural order was suspended, and nothing died. This meant that nothing could eat or grow, as death of something was required to do so. To add insult to injury, nothing could reproduce. Life no longer was able to expand itself.

Since Graiah's whole essence was bound in Life, this essentially killed him but refused to give him the release of death. Confused and half-mad from the agony, Graiah fled the mortal world to seek out the Garden of Dead Gods, where he moaned pieously for his fater.

Garden of Dead Gods

"Father! Someone has killed me! What is going on? Why has Life stopped?" he cried out, the healthy undertone to his voice withered and gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

18. - Top - End - #1428

"Can't see."

"Stay out of this Thorondor."

She nearly hissed it as the light from her spear began to grow in intensity. "This is a family matter."

She leapt forward and stabbed for the place between her uncle's glowing eyes, she began to scream at him.

"WHY DO YOU CARE??"

Her voice became a little more level, but her anger cut the air like a knife, "I admired you, you knew mortals would hate what you were, but you carried on. You didn't do good for some blasted Youngling's respect! But now! NOW! How the Hell can anyone forgive this??"

Geasa shook at her voice, she'd be lying if she said she was trying to reach Belsheroth. This, this unbridled rage was her version of sobbing. An angry child, asking an uncaring world, why?

The floor beneath her cracked, "Your own children lay down as if to die! What's more evil than that??"
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-10-02 at 02:29 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ettin in the Playground

Belsheroth moved back, the Spear falling short.
    You ask why I care? I care because I have no choice. I have the power to end suffering, so I ended it.
    I do not expect forgiveness.

If there was light, one might be able to see the tears that instantly vaporised in the heat of the silver fire that marked Belsheroth's eyes.
    "Now I just want it to end. For an eternity I have laboured and my labours continue to yield no results. Now at last. There is success. I have done something that everyone can be happy with. Nowhere is there sadness or hate or pain. Everything is calm and peaceful for evermore."
    The pain in Belsheroth's chest intensified. He had thought the wounds cauterised, but they had opened as he moved back.
    "What is the point of it all? Do I really cause such suffering? Is deciding the fate of the dead so wrong? How can they understand the implications of cosmic matters?"
    Not a word Nettal...
    The fire of the chains flared in response.

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Belsheroth moved back, the Spear falling short.
    You ask why I care? I care because I have no choice. I have the power to end suffering, so I ended it.
    I do not expect forgiveness.

If there was light, one might be able to see the tears that instantly vaporised in the heat of the silver fire that marked Belsheroth's eyes.
    "Now I just want it to end. For an eternity I have laboured and my labours continue to yield no results. Now at last. There is success. I have done something that everyone can be happy with. Nowhere is there sadness or hate or pain. Everything is calm and peaceful for evermore."
    The pain in Belsheroth's chest intensified. He had thought the wounds cauterised, but they had opened as he moved back.
    "What is the point of it all? Do I really cause such suffering? Is deciding the fate of the dead so wrong? How can they understand the implications of cosmic matters?"
    Not a word Nettal...
    The fire of the chains flared in response.
    Nettal looked at the god of death and laughed. And laughed. And laughed.

His barking, hooting howls of laughter echoed throughout the Halls of Death, growing louder as they rebounded upon themselves. Still, the tortured god did not cease.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Troll in the Playground

The Halls of Death

As Nettal's laughter echoed through the halls it began to change. It twisted until it was wrong to the ears as nails on a chalkboard. And out of it stepped a madman with the head of a fox. "I must be dreaming. Did the god of death truly just strip away the will to live?"
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-10-02 at 02:51 AM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ettin in the Playground

Belsheroth lunged at Nettal, claws growing out from his fingers and tore out the mocking fledglings vocal cords. However, he remembered mid lunge that he'd already destroyed Nettal's body so instead grabbed at his voice and tore it from his spirit. A person's voice was a delicacy after all. So as such, he decided to consume it.

Spoiler
    Show
    RCR to permanently, by which I mean temporarily, silence Nettal:
    (1d10+7)[9]

You never returned my calls. I figured your Labyrinth was soundproof or something. Guess I was wrong and you just secretly hated me.
    What do you want Reisen?

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Belsheroth lunged at Nettal, claws growing out from his fingers and tore out the mocking fledglings vocal cords. However, he remembered mid lunge that he'd already destroyed Nettal's body so instead grabbed at his voice and tore it from his spirit. A person's voice was a delicacy after all. So as such, he decided to consume it.

Spoiler
    Show
    RCR to permanently, by which I mean temporarily, silence Nettal:
    [roll0]

You never returned my calls. I figured your Labyrinth was soundproof or something. Guess I was wrong and you just secretly hated me.
    What do you want Reisen?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nettal isn't even trying to fight Belsheroth

Nettal's voice ceased to laugh, until it found itself inside of the god. Where it echoed incessantly in his head. The laughter. The unceasing, mocking laughter.

Before the raging god of death, Nettal's body continued to heave and jostle as if it were laughing. The gentle wheeze of air exiting his spiritual lungs could just barely be heard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Note: I pulled this same trick with Alyveran. Ask Mynxae if you don't believe me.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Troll in the Playground

"Don't feel too badly, I never return anyones calls. Not since the answering machine went insane." The Fool laughed to himself. "Anyways, I'm here to inform you of something I think you'll find interesting. As you have taken the rights of death from all of creation you have ripped away much of that which defines the living. In doing so their souls are now quite lost. Do you know what happens to lost souls? They become my responsibility."
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It was in case you decided to resist.

And by consume, I meant consume. It hasn't remained in one piece and will be digested. Mmm... Delicious abstract nutrients...

Belsheroth tore apart Nettal voice and feasted on the fragments, his teeth tearing into it. Despite what others may think, it was rapidly destroyed by Belsheroth's metabolism.
    Their souls are hardly lost. They're right where they last were. And they will not move from there without my permission.
    He glared at Nettal's silent mirth.
    Oh be serious. You haven't even face ten minutes of torment yet. Your sanity is very much intact.
    He turned back to Reisen.
    You spend too much time in your Labyrinth. There souls will remain their own and they will feel no agony and know no suffering.
    Hmm... That was a nice voice you had there Nettal. I might just let you have a new one so I can eat that too.
    He prepared himself to dodge Gwyn's next attack.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-10-02 at 04:58 AM.

Dragons!

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Troll in the Playground

"If you think I care about the physical location of a soul then you really don't understand who I am. You have stripped the world of purpose, and there are no souls more lost than that. You are slipping oh Starlit Reaper. You like so many of our kind believe yourself wise enough to choose for all existence, or perhaps you don't care anymore and have changed the world to match. Your duties are to the dead brother, release the living, or suffer the consequences."

As the god spoke the world around them began to shimmer and change. From every corner came the reflection of a diferrent face. All of reality staring in with unblinking, empty eyes.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Ettin in the Playground

All of reality stared in at the Reaper, and he stared into himself as well.
    His madness... It was wrong... Sickening...
    "Very well Brother. I shall release the living."
    He looked at Nettal.
    But he remains here.
    "Oh, and stop messing with time Brother. Or was it me this time? Can't tell..."
    Belsheroth picked a small piece of Nettal's voice out of his teeth and swallowed it. Time resumed it's normal march and Belsheroth turned to watch Gwyn.
    You're on overtime my children...

Creation Where the Mortals are at Death's Door

All across creation darkness fell and the sun flared with red light.
    You are released from your shackles. Continue to live if you can...
    A light shone around every living thing and the possibility for death was restored to them. Their life force began to be restored, but too quickly and their mortal hearts began to convulse at the strain.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 2 + 1
    Bless: The possibility of death is restored to the living afflicted by the Curse and their life force returns to them. Unfortunately, too fast for them to handle.
    Remaining AP: 2

Dragons!

28. - Top - End - #1438

Acabarė

Aquaeris knelt, praying to the Creator to aid the mortals. He'd given too much; he could no longer act on mortals for a time. His eyes flickered weakly, the toxic green sputtering and half-dying. One of his eyes now glowed gold and blue.

"Let's go."

The god, now united in accord though still broken, vanished.

Garden of the Dead Gods

Aquaeris, his face lean and grim, appeared in front of Graiah.

"Hello, Graiah. I see your dismay and feel it. It's mine as well. The Reaper of the Stars has taken death from mortals, and, with it, life and reproduction."

"We come to you to warn you: if we don not do something, now, our mortals will die."
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh the Irony

Oh wait! Your curse prevents anyone from aiding them Nettal! They need a god to save them, but none can! Should I have you plead them their lives?
    No... You'll never do it. You have far too much pride.

The Mortal World

And a light shone within the hearts of the righteous and unrighteous alike and their life was restored to them and the roiling motion of their hearts soothed saving them from an untimely demise.
    But at a cost. Their souls were bound to the Reaper and to his will. And all who strayed from this path would feel his wrath, he alone was their judge and they knew this...

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 2
    Curse: The mortals affected by the curse are saved from the brink of death, but at a cost. For evermore, the souls of all living things are bound to Belsheroth for him to judge.
    Curse: They know this and they know that causing suffering will lead to eternal damnation. Whether or not they choose to act on this knowledge is on their own heads.
    Remaining AP: 0

(Evil takes a lot out of a person!)

Back in the Halls of Death

"There. Now they can go back to killing each other."
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-10-02 at 07:39 AM.

Dragons!

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    The Shadowlands

The Crone appeared before Ombra, fear plain on her face, "Ombra, Gwyn needs you right now!"
    Ombra was counting, but stopped at 3 when the Crone showed up, and whirled on her, eyes wide and angry. Where.

Alcahazzar

Four. Thr-...
    I'll continue later. Something's come up.

Halls of Death

Ombra stepped from the shadows, eyes dark and cold. I should've killed you centuries ago.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-10-02 at 08:39 AM.

Extended Sig