New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    "I'll go ahead and get us a room. Sandra, will you accompany me?" Kuruk walked up to the least dangerous looking of the barkeepers, and offered him his most winning smile.

"Good evening, sir. Would you please provide us with your safest four person room this night?" Kuruk said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Free Port-The Skull & Dagger

Sandra followed while Saul stayed behind to watch the room. Tere was definitely something wrong with this place.

"Preferably one as rat free as possible." Sandra chimed in, helpfully.
    "Why, I have half a mind to be offended, implying rats are present in our finest rooms here. Fortunately I understand the sentiment, and can ensure our rooms are mostly rat free."

He reaches behind the bar and pulls out a key, and places it in front of him. "Take the door going up, and you'll want to go right."

Spoiler
    Show
    I can quickly reply to this, others take thinkage
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Grandfather of Sheep

"It is a most wonderful thing to be reborn to, seeing the two of you shaping the fates of this world. Tell me, what do you think of it? This canvas upon which us elder gods have painted."

Birds of a Feather Murder Together

"Greetings then oh shadow of mine. I don't suppose I'll ever have you back now will I?" The second Lilli said laughing. "That's okay though. We'll have so much more fun this way."

Shifting Sands

"Only fools do not consider themselves to be foolish." The sand face replied in response to the Hawk. "And don't worry I'm quite willing to help, should you need my assistance, so I do hope you will hear me out first."

Harmony of Chaos

"In the beginning of time I did not know my purpose. Nay, I did not have one. All I had was a secret. A terrible one that must be kept for the sake of the universe. But it has lead me to a purpose, one which I almost wish did not have to be. I am the god of change, and with change comes destruction and creation both. I only hope you will be there to guide the world along the right courses when the dust settles." The old man said. Curious to see how the peaceful diety of harmony would react to the subtle threat, and not quite decided on whether the threat was real. The Fool had tried to flip a coin, but that proved pointless when the coin was so easily manipulated.

Shadow Puppets

The shadow twisted into the silhouette of a beautiful young woman surrounded by the fires of hell. "Don't you recognize me great nephew?" And then Lystelle's image changed to that of Arranan "Or perhaps your shadows brought back tales of the hero who ended the reign of ice?" And then the shadow stepped up out of the ground to match Ombra perfectly. "Regardless, I have much to discuss with you prince of shadows."

Living Dead

"Funny thing about being dead. We're immortal, so in order for us to die, and I mean truly die, we have to want to." Lystelle said sadly. "Me? I've been suicidal since the moment I came into existence. But then, you don't have to carry my secret." At this Lystelle plucked the petal of a periwinkle and scattered over the image of the dying god. "So tell me this Belsheroth, do you want to die? To rest with those of our kin that have now passed? If you do I will be happy to lay your essence to rest within the immeasurable possibilities of the Labyrinth. But something tells me you intend to remain."

Tea

As the nature god spoke the serpent spread jam over a biscuit and munched upon it perhaps a bit too loudly. As he finished Reisen sighed with pleasure.

"If you would read the note so kindly presented to you not three seconds before you started speaking you would realize you were simply invited late." Reisen said in a rather cheerful tone. "Of course that's no excuse for being late yourself! And yes I am quite delighted to be meeting you. I'm glad that you've met my children. It's good that they start making friends. They must get their social skills from their mother... Oh no that can't be right, I am their mother. Ah well. Now where was I? Oh yes, how many lumps of sugar?"

Muzzle to Muzzle

"Now now nephew, can't it be both? Strange things are afoot. And something tells me you're right in the middle of them." The fox said flicking his tail back and forth.

The Stability of Change

"I've been rather lazy I must admit." The butterfly man said. "Of course, that's all about to change."
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-07-12 at 03:30 AM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Living Dead

"Funny thing about being dead. We're immortal, so in order for us to die, and I mean truly die, we have to want to." Lystelle said sadly. "Me? I've been suicidal since the moment I came into existence. But then, you don't have to carry my secret." At this Lystelle plucked the petal of a periwinkle and scattered over the image of the dying god. "So tell me this Belsheroth, do you want to die? To rest with those of our kin that have now passed? If you do I will be happy to lay your essence to rest within the immeasurable possibilities of the Labyrinth. But something tells me you intend to remain."
    Why are you reiterating things I already know? There is a reason I was born second last. There had to be life for me to exist, for I am result of the presence of the potential of death.
    And believe me, I know about death.
    Curious... That does not explain why I am older than Nyctus... For surely, darkness reigned supreme in the early Universe?

Now Belsheroth's thoughts began to wander around his memories of the beginning of time...
    Apologies Reisen... It's hard to concentrate with all these distractions.
    But permit me my melodrama. The wounds inflicted upon me by our traitorous Nephew are rather severe. I've got half a mind to burn the mortal world to the ground to show him just how reckless anddestructive I can be.
    Or maybe I should just move the Dark Moon in front of the Sun again... That is why I made it...

His thoughts began to think of how he could gain vengeance over Kiloasa, but he pushed those away in disgust.
    Tell me Reisen... What is your secret? You know I will carry it to the grave. Metaphorically. I've always felt myself to be a trustworthy being...
    But I have a question... You no doubt saw the vision Kiloasa handed out.
    Were my actions evil?
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Father of Sheep

It is beautiful.......but flawed. These mortals they....stay still, build permanent homes.....build large buildings.....build walls.....then war..... They could have a better.....more peaceful life if they wandered.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

5. - Top - End - #125

Free Port-Blur Interrogation

The Blur was silent, he simply glared at the doctor, whatever it is he says he saw, he truly believes he saw it.

Then Nureen begins her incantation. "No!"

The Blur infest Free Port. Nureen counts at least two dozen within the city limits. But there is a horrible backlash as she encounters the Psionic defenses of dozens of Blur.

Any normal human would be brain dead. Hopefully Nureen is made of tougher stuff.

Free Port-Skull & Dagger

Sandra shrugs, "Sounds good enough to me."

The March North

It barely took 'Eric' a month to mobilize his forces and begin the long trek north.

"Are you all right Jennifer?"

"Yes... sir." She responded slowly. They had just passed Snow Haven. Where she discovered the news. Sophia was gone, she couldn't help but wonder if some god was punishing her for her deeds.

The Imposter sighed, "I am sorry about Sophia."

"Thank you sir."

"We'll find her, as soon as this is done, you have my word."

"Of course sir." She had given her word too, she had promised to help the Imposter fulfill his dream.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-13 at 12:29 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Shadow Puppets

The shadow twisted into the silhouette of a beautiful young woman surrounded by the fires of hell. "Don't you recognize me great nephew?" And then Lystelle's image changed to that of Arranan "Or perhaps your shadows brought back tales of the hero who ended the reign of ice?" And then the shadow stepped up out of the ground to match Ombra perfectly. "Regardless, I have much to discuss with you prince of shadows."
    I've met maybe half a dozen gods in person. Ombra growled. You gonna get to the point?

Free Port
    The Doctor

The Doctor glanced at the mage, keeping his eyes locked on anywhere but his/her eyes. What do you see?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Free Port - Probing the mind of the Blur

Fortunately, Nureen is made of tougher stuff.
    But still, it took most of her freewill to not just crush the Blur's mind in order to end the pain.
    I can feel at least two dozen of them...
    But I can't give you their location other than that they're in this city somewhere.

She removed her hand from the Blur's shoulder.
    You can kill it when you're done your interrogation Doctor, because I do not think I can do that again.
    Just make sure you cut out its heart afterwards. I'll need that.

She shudders, consciously repressing the memories of the darker parts of the minds she touched. No harder than any other group of murderers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming of course that the Blurs she was briefly in contact with were murderers at one point.
    And yes, she is repressing the memory on purpose. It's how she stays sane after exposing her mind to the kinds of things that make sane people go crazy.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #128

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Free Port - Probing the mind of the Blur

Fortunately, Nureen is made of tougher stuff.
    But still, it took most of her freewill to not just crush the Blur's mind in order to end the pain.
    I can feel at least two dozen of them...
    But I can't give you their location other than that they're in this city somewhere.

She removed her hand from the Blur's shoulder.
    You can kill it when you're done your interrogation Doctor, because I do not think I can do that again.
    Just make sure you cut out its heart afterwards. I'll need that.

She shudders, consciously repressing the memories of the darker parts of the minds she touched. No harder than any other group of murderers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming of course that the Blurs she was briefly in contact with were murderers at one point.
    And yes, she is repressing the memory on purpose. It's how she stays sane after exposing her mind to the kinds of things that make sane people go crazy.
    Sophia nearly turned to face Nureen. The Blur was out cold after Nureen's power coursed through him. She dropped him so that he fell limp to the ground. She positioned herself between him, the Doctor, and the others, still keeping one eye trained on the Blur. "We are not killing someone who can't defend themselves."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-12 at 10:22 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

The Stability of Change

"I've been rather lazy I must admit." The butterfly man said. "Of course, that's all about to change."
    Merolle's eye turns around a bit.

"It has already changed quite a bit. I know it. I can see your shards speaking to our brethren around Geasa, from that I can infer that you have yet more shards speaking to the rest of the divinities."

"Dien, as the archives of the inevitable host tell me, that is the name used by a patchwork entity that was under the orders of the human hero Hallorn, that was three thousand years ago."

---------

Spoiler
    Show
    I just noticed that I did not put the translation to what the Hydra said. It reads something along the lines of "Try again, I am not inclined to forgive fools who strike against their betters."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Sophia nearly turned to face Nureen. The Blur was out cold after Nureen's power coursed through him. She dropped him so that he fell limp to the ground. She positioned herself between him, the Doctor, and the others, still keeping one eye trained on the Blur. "We are not killing someone who can't defend themselves."
    I don't kill on purpose. The Doctor said coldly. And if I did, I wouldn't kill an unconscious man i know next to nothing about.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #131

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I don't kill on purpose. The Doctor said coldly. And if I did, I wouldn't kill an unconscious man i know next to nothing about.

Sophia breathes a sigh of relief, "Sorry I didn't mean to be presumptious."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Sophia breathes a sigh of relief, "Sorry I didn't mean to be presumptious."
    He shrugged - an extremely strange thing for a Shadow to do. Eh. I'm used to humans assuming monster equals monstrous.

He glared right at the Blur. If he were conscious I would ask where we can find their leader. Guess we'll have to find another and do it that way.

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #133

Ascension

Kipt sometimes takes the form of a songbird and watches his people, the Elthiens. In fact, he was doing just that when his conversation with Reisen began. Unfortunately, Kipt's ascension barred him from the plane without warning. Kipt drifted through the void for a relatively short time before sensing creative energy.

The Shadowlands

He looked at the Shadowlands briefly before deciding he liked the plane. Likewise to Ombra, he didn't know his distant cousin as well as he would have liked. It even looked like it had a space set aside for him to stay if he chose to. So Kipt decided it was well past time he met Ombra for real, he seemed like a friendly enough fellow after all.
    "Hello, I believe we may have met briefly before" Kipt says warmly. "I do hope that I'm welcome here- I didn't mean to intrude- I just need somewhere to go and thought you might enjoy some company." he smiles.

14. - Top - End - #134

Free Port-Next to a Blur

Sophia shook her head, "I didn't mean it like that, I suppose I started a few of your threats myself."

She looked away and began to walk down the alley, "Y'know, I could've sworn we were talking about something. But, I can't for the life of me remember what. Anyway what brought you here Doctor?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Next fight's going to be a big one. You can roll if you want to randomize how well y'all's characters do. DC15 to get away without a scratch, DC 10 to get really hurt but still win, and DC 5 to survive. This is entirely optional, but gives a kinna rp'y feel.

Here's for Sophia: (1d10+10)[18]

Free Port-In a hidden Alley

"Ma'am?" A woman's eyes shot open, "The Doctor is here."

"What would you have us do?"

"What do you think?"

The man disappeared around the corner and the woman continued to sit in the dark, waiting until she needed to use her pawns once more.

At The Northern Border

"Request Nettal's presence, I wish for his input in discussing our tactics."

One of the vampires, Jerome, bowed and exited the tent. 10 legions of Calasncti regulars and 5 legions of knights were at his call. "Sire, do you think this wise?"

"And why wouldn't I Jennifer?"

"We haven't gone to war with the Northern kingdoms in hundreds of years, we know nothing of their tactics, their power-"

"We know the Vargulfi and that is enough."

"But sire, what if they are not the most powerf-"

"I will have none of your cowardice! What happened to the knight that charged the bastions of Josiath with four other knights and held a foothold until support could finally be spared??"

"She grew up! How do we know we can trust this power?"

Eric paused for a moment, then smiled, "You've felt this power, you know what it will do to our enemies. And if the daemons withdraw our power... we are still knights! We will destroy them with or without this power."

Jennifer bit back a growl, feeling the unnatural energy, the hunger, swirl inside her, "Then why accept this power in the first place?"

Eric continued to smile, "As we are now, the twenty of us could kill the army before us. With this power, we will conserve enough man power to stab deeper into the Ice-kin lands and then... to the South."

"And what is there sire?"

An image of a spear flashed into his head, a spear that could unleash an Ice Age. The ultimate weapon.

"The key to peace."

Spoiler
    Show
    @Lord_Asmodeous: Up to you to describe the Northern Kingdom Army (I think), then we'll cut away to Eric and Nettal deciding on some tactics. Then we can get the battle done.

Anyway here's the RCR roll: (1d10+10)[17] this is not counting Nettal's bonus (cause I don't know what it is), but it is counting the Vampire's and Vargull's infusion of them. I don't know if you want to go w/o the RCR but it's there if you want it.

Here's the number: 10+5=15 legions (going by legion =5,000 men) So 75,000 men

@Xonduore: I bet you can guess what Eric's after, he does still need to go through Free Port for... some reason.

Also did Reisen respond to Gwyn?
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-13 at 02:18 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port-Next to a Blur

Sophia shook her head, "I didn't mean it like that, I suppose I started a few of your threats myself."

She looked away and began to walk down the alley, "Y'know, I could've sworn we were talking about something. But, I can't for the life of me remember what. Anyway what brought you here Doctor?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Next fight's going to be a big one. You can roll if you want to randomize how well y'all's characters do. DC15 to get away without a scratch, DC 10 to get really hurt but still win, and DC 5 to survive. This is entirely optional, but gives a kinna rp'y feel.

Here's for Sophia: [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't remember what bonuses the Doctor has and my google is on the fritz, so I'm not gonna roll. Just gonna RP whatever comes up. Don't like dice rolling to determine outcomes in PBP anyway

I'm here to hunt creatures that are impossible to remember seeing. He said cheerfully. This is the part where you tell me 'thats impossible' or some variation thereof, right? Well, I've heard it before and quite frankly I'm tired of it. He wrapped around Sophia's wrist like a bracelet. But since they know I'm here more will be coming soon. We need to go find another Allon-sy!
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-07-13 at 01:49 PM.

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Tea

As the nature god spoke the serpent spread jam over a biscuit and munched upon it perhaps a bit too loudly. As he finished Reisen sighed with pleasure.

"If you would read the note so kindly presented to you not three seconds before you started speaking you would realize you were simply invited late." Reisen said in a rather cheerful tone. "Of course that's no excuse for being late yourself! And yes I am quite delighted to be meeting you. I'm glad that you've met my children. It's good that they start making friends. They must get their social skills from their mother... Oh no that can't be right, I am their mother. Ah well. Now where was I? Oh yes, how many lumps of sugar?"
    No sugar will be necessary, thank you. Kiloasa sipped at his tea, off in some other corner of the Mistlands a part of him was yelling at the Belsherai again, and still another part was silently and invisibly perusing the books Anzhela had brought him. The limited information she had gathered confirmed his own theories, nearly a third of the dead souls in the Starlight Forest would seriously consider returning to Creation over the afterlife they currently lived. I wonder, Reisen. What is your opinion on the current state of divine affairs? The schism between the gods is obvious, but you seem to leap across it with abandon. So tell me, was I wrong to avenge those of my children who suffered at the hands of an uncaring and uncontrolled god of death? What can be done to bridge the gap between the Guardians and the Directors?

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry Ele, but you never specified how many souls would want to go back to Creation, so I did. And thems the breaks. It'll probably be a lot higher in Hell too. Although I think Anzhela should be more concerned with the "trapping souls in hell and using them to power vile magics on earth, thus ending their immortal afterlife" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    King Stephen raised his hand to stop her speaking.
    Madame Woodsworth. I have done everything I can.
    I have written the letter of recommendation you requested which right now sits on my desk in Snow Haven.
    I handed over to you the Wood of Wolves.
    And I have ordered that every time prayers and offerings are made at an event under my control that Kiloasa is included.
    If the High Ecclesiarch has willingly and knowingly snubbed Kiloasa, then I shall make an appointment to speak with him. But know this... Worship of Kiloasa is already very uncommon throughout the Kingdom. No temples and few shrines are consecrated to him and there is no clergy or priesthood to do his work. He is invoked before and after the harvest and whenever an individual goes hunting.
    I cannot, and will not, make any laws to the effect of altering religion for fear of destroying the fragile harmony of the Kingdom.
    But, as I said, I shall make an appointment to see the "old windbag", who is younger than I am by the way. You may come along to address your grievances, and before hand, we shall kneel at the High Altar of the Guardian Temple and afterwards admire the finely woven banner of Lord Kiloasa that hangs on the wall behind it.

What on Earth did this woman want?

Spoiler
    Show
    At this rate... Um... The King can't do anything about the High Ecclesiarch. That position is proclaimed by divine herald...
    But she can kill Nameth if you want her too and seize the Temple, tear down everything that venerates a god that isn't Kiloasa and plunder the vaults and reliquaries below. Just make sure no one gets to the bell tower.
    Just note... That such an act of desecration will not go unpunished when Belsheroth finishes recuperating.
    "The druids are his priesthood, King Stephen. I thought that was obvious. Every tree is a shrine to the Treefather, every hunt is a song sung in his glory. But no one in Calasanctium knows this or acknowledges it. They use and abuse the gifts he offers them with abandon, and we druids act continuously to protect the world that the rest of you so wantonly destroy. Priesthoods are nothing but a political force and one that acts against you at every turn. Shouldn't you care more about the way the clergy acts? They undermine and divert your authority at every turn and wrest the control of the kingdom from your very hands. Why should you let them get away with this? You wear the crown, not them. I'm sure that if you just showed a little more backbone you'd have a lot more political clout, and I'm here to help you find that backbone, King Stephen. So why don't we go speak with the old windbag together and see what we can do to correct this unfortunate power gap. You know, this reminds me of when my first husband died... You see, he worked in one of the coal mines and one day he came up with this..." Never seeming to run out of breath, Lady Woodsworth's words drone on and on, but something is different about her tone of voice. A little wheedling sound, just at the edge of hearing creeps into her voice. It seems almost like her words are pushing Stephen's mind along a certain path, one he might not have considered normally.

Spoiler
    Show
    She's using some really high level druid magic to influence Stephen's decision making processes. Charm Person kind of stuff.

Freeport- The Cloak and Dagger

"I'm sure your establishment is as fine as the most wondorous Inns of Old Calasanctium." Kuruk said by way of apology. He headed up the stairs with the knights in tow. Turning the key, he entered their room and immediately began inspecting it for spyholes, traps and any dangerous or out of place objects.

The Mistlands

The last part of Kiloasa was busy working on a new blessing, something that would help people find their own way in the world. True happiness came from the journey, not the destination. Only those who truly dedicated themselves to a task would reap the highest skills of their art form. It was time for hard work to really pay off.

When the blessing was completed and cast, Kiloasa felt another surge of power. He was stronger now than he'd ever been before.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 3 PAP: 0+1 (rollover)
    Bless Amor Libertatis: 1 AP
    "Hard work really works" Those who truly dedicate themselves to a task will see real, tangible increases in their skills, far beyond that of any others. A person's dedication to a specific art, from smithing to painting to hunting to magic of any kind will show a strong positive correlation to their skill. This only applies to followers of Amor Libertatis.
    Gain Domain: 2 AP 1 PAP Freedom(Opportunity)
    Create Concept- 1 AP Amor Libertatis
    Bless- 1AP Wedding between Floewyr and Akir Sharkslayer
    Create Life- 1 AP Medicinal Plants
    Create Concept- 1 AP Boardgames
    Bless- 1 AP Kuruk's sea voyage will be especially lucky and prosperous.
    Create Life- 1 AP Ghosts
    Bless Amor Libertatis- 1 AP

Final AP: 0 PAP: 0
    KILOASA IS NOW A GREATER DEITY

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    The Shadowlands

He looked at the Shadowlands briefly before deciding he liked the plane. Likewise to Ombra, he didn't know his distant cousin as well as he would have liked. It even looked like it had a space set aside for him to stay if he chose to. So Kipt decided it was well past time he met Ombra for real, he seemed like a friendly enough fellow after all.
    "Hello, I believe we may have met briefly before" Kipt says warmly. "I do hope that I'm welcome here- I didn't mean to intrude- I just need somewhere to go and thought you might enjoy some company." he smiles.
    You are not intruding, and while I do not know you well enough to call you a friend, you are not unwelcome, kin. Ombra smiled beneath his cloak. The tower in the center may provide accommodations to your tastes if you like... Well, as many nonsentient accommodations as you like.

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #138

Free PortThe Skull & Dagger

Sandra joined Kuruk in searching the room whil Saul watched the hall for a moment and then closed the door. The last knight had been sent to let the ship's captain know of their plans for accomodation.

"I don't see anything." Sandra whispered rustling through the bed's sheets.

"Sooo, looking forward to the next voyage?"

Spoiler
    Show
    @Exachix: Your decision if there is anything

The Northern Border-Nettal's Tent

A knight entered Nettal's tent offering a curtious nod, "Apologies sir, Captain Eric requests your presence."

Spoiler
    Show
    @Elricaltovilla: As long as you don't have plans other than him being up here for right now.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Free Port-Next to a Blur

Spoiler
    Show

Here's for Sophia: [roll0]
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't remember what bonuses the Doctor has and my google is on the fritz, so I'm not gonna roll. Just gonna RP whatever comes up. Don't like dice rolling to determine outcomes in PBP anyway

I'm here to hunt creatures that are impossible to remember seeing. He said cheerfully. This is the part where you tell me 'thats impossible' or some variation thereof, right? Well, I've heard it before and quite frankly I'm tired of it. He wrapped around Sophia's wrist like a bracelet. But since they know I'm here more will be coming soon. We need to go find another Allon-sy!
    For a brief moment, Nureen and Marren wandered why they were in the alley. Something about shade...
    And then they heard the Doctor speak about an impossible creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll for Marren: [roll0]
    +1 Calasanctium Kingdom, +3 Infused Church of Belsheroth.
    Roll for Nureen: [roll1]
    +1 Calasanctium Kingdom.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry Ele, but you never specified how many souls would want to go back to Creation, so I did. And thems the breaks. It'll probably be a lot higher in Hell too. Although I think Anzhela should be more concerned with the "trapping souls in hell and using them to power vile magics on earth, thus ending their immortal afterlife" thing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Damn. I was hoping the number would be closer to one fifth. But those are only the dead from the past hundred years. So, still millions left to go.
    And anyway... The trend will be that the longer someone has been dead for the less they care about what goes on in the mortal world. However, I suppose if someone has been dead long enough they no longer wish to remain dead.
    As such, the chart will drop sharply away to almost zero after the first two centuries of remaining at around a third, and eventually start to increase around the two thousand year mark.
    Sound reasonable?

"The druids are his priesthood, King Stephen. I thought that was obvious. Every tree is a shrine to the Treefather, every hunt is a song sung in his glory. But no one in Calasanctium knows this or acknowledges it. They use and abuse the gifts he offers them with abandon, and we druids act continuously to protect the world that the rest of you so wantonly destroy. Priesthoods are nothing but a political force and one that acts against you at every turn. Shouldn't you care more about the way the clergy acts? They undermine and divert your authority at every turn and wrest the control of the kingdom from your very hands. Why should you let them get away with this? You wear the crown, not them. I'm sure that if you just showed a little more backbone you'd have a lot more political clout, and I'm here to help you find that backbone, King Stephen. So why don't we go speak with the old windbag together and see what we can do to correct this unfortunate power gap. You know, this reminds me of when my first husband died... You see, he worked in one of the coal mines and one day he came up with this..." Never seeming to run out of breath, Lady Woodsworth's words drone on and on, but something is different about her tone of voice. A little wheedling sound, just at the edge of hearing creeps into her voice. It seems almost like her words are pushing Stephen's mind along a certain path, one he might not have considered normally.

Spoiler
    Show
    She's using some really high level druid magic to influence Stephen's decision making processes. Charm Person kind of stuff.
    King Stephen is not so easily swayed, but eventually, Madame Woodsworth's endless chatter starts to make logical sense.
    Wait, logical sense, what was he thinking? Oh right, that last point clinched the deal...
    No... Tradition must be preserved.
    I apologise Madame Woodsworth, but you are quite wrong. My family and the dynasties that preceded us on the throne of the Kingdom wrested power away from the clergy.
    Revoking titles was always a good way to point out his sovereignty.
    I may wear the crown, but it is placed on my head by a Patriarch of the Church. They have done so much for our Kingdom and our people, more than all the druids who have ever lived.
    Yes. Tradition will show the path to peace... It would be foolish to overthrow generations of laws that have maintained order amidst anarchy and external pressure. The Ilarfian Code and the Teachings of Belsheroth must be upheld!
    Now, according to the ancient charters of the Kingdom, all grievances concerning Church activities must be taken directly before the High Ecclesiarch. We shall go see him at once.
    King Stephen raised his voice and spoke to his retinue.
    Everyone, we ride for the Guardian Temple.

Spoiler
    Show
    The King is no weak-willed fool, but needless to say, Madame Woodsworth still managed to get to him somehow, just not in the way expected. He should be much more suggestible now.
    The journey North will be the perfect opportunity to influence him further, provided you don't try with his bodyguard around because Lord Carrin and High Priestess Janela will realise what's she's doing and try and strike her down.
    There's a reason he never travels anywhere without them.

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #140

Free Port-Hunt for the Blur

Sophia continues walking, "So any idea where we can find these Blur?" She needn't have asked, all ready several figures moved through the shadows. They did not attack yet, for now they kept their distance watching.

Sophia spotted one and when he disappeared she still remembered him, "These aren't Blur."

She put a hand on her pommel, "Get ready."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    My rolling for Marren and Nureen didn't quite work. So I'm doing it again.

Marren: (1d10+4)[14]
    +1 Calasanctium Kingdom, +3 Infused Church of Belsheroth

Nureen: (1d10+1)[8]
    +1 Calasanctium Kingdom

Dragons!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Heart of the Labyrinth

The Fool was stirring. All around reality illusions in the form of his aspects were speaking to the gods. But here in a space with out measure of time a plot was coming into fruition. For here in the dark recess of his mind slept a terrible secret.

"My burden to bear." He whispered here as Belsheroth questioned him for the truth. "You would not accept it, could not accept it. It is too tragic for a god of death. Or perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps you would understand, perhaps I don't have to be alone." The secret laughed at this thought. Such a foolish notion in the face of truth.

The Fool understood truth, for as truth was the heart of all lies, truth was the spark of divinity. And it was high time to be reminded of that which had been forgotten.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 22
    PAP: 2
    Craft Relic 4: the Fool's Secret.
    The Fool's Secret is a divine thought which allows him a unique understanding of reality. To him, all of creation is much like the labyrinth which is both his heart and his prison cell.
    In Game: Drives mortals mad, and thus under his control (RCR to "seize" hero/other, rather than kill them, the secret exists in their minds for the briefest instant but in doing so breaks it) +2 to RCR
    Infuse 2: the Fool's Secret.
    +2 to RCR
    Infuse 2: Labyrinth
    The Labyrinth is Folly's home turf. Venturing onto it means playing by his rules. Which are usually "I win." +2 to RCR
    Gain Domain 3: Truth (Lies)
    Create Greater Life 4: Renati
    To be revealed, one already exist(ed) is all I will say for now
    Infuse 2: Renati
    Create Life 1: the Lost.
    The Lost are all those who have been lost to the Labyrinth, whether by physically becoming lost within its depths, their minds wandering into it through the dream world while they slept, or being broken by Reisen / other lost. They are a mad race, with strange and not entirely understandable reactions and motivations.
    Gain Domain 1+(2): Life (Lost)
    All Domains (some changed to actual domains:) Change (Transmutation) Illusion (Reality) Travel (Lost) Mind (Cunning) Trickery (Theft) Time (Transience) Truth (Lies) Life (Lost)
    Reisen is now a Greater God.
    Remaining AP: 3
    PAP: 0
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-07-14 at 03:26 PM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143

Desert
    Aquaeris ascended to the void. He took in his responsibility, as he was now powerful enough to acknowledge it.
    He knew, and laughed in wonder.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    Gain Domain: Loyalty (heroism)
    AP: 0+4-3=0

He then went to his dead souls in the deep. He could go on the world no longer.
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-07-14 at 06:50 AM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

The Halls of Death

Belsheroth gasped as his heart began to beat again and his lungs began to take in the air of Geasa once more.
    Why did he even have those? It's not like he needed to breathe...
    Still, the pain was unbearable, but soon subsided. His cloak was still covered in blood and torn from the blows of Kiloasa's axe. His armour was likewise stained and now useless.
    Slowly, he got up. Gwyn was there, as was Brightfire. And Reisen too, in his own way. With a simple thought, Belsheroth restored his cloak and armour to their previous state and cleansed the floor of his blood. Hundreds of shards of glass flew across the room and reassembled into a window.
    He bowed to Gwyn.
    Thank you for watching over me Gwyn, and you also Brightfire.
    That was exhilarating in its own way.

And indeed, despite being nigh comatose a few moments before, Belsheroth felt within himself a surge of new power. Kiloasa had forced him much closer to death than he had ever been, and he had come back stronger and with a greater understanding.
    Now... Much needs to be done in a very short period of time...

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 3 + 2 PAP
    Gain Domain: Death (Inevitability) 3 AP
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Curse: Strike down the Lich Lords : 1 AP
    -Infuse Forests of Starlight : 2 AP
    -Create Fabled Life: Belsherai : 3/1 AP
    -Alter Land: Halls of Death : 1 AP

Remaining AP: 2

Belsheroth is now an Intermediate Deity.

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #145

BlueWizardGirl

The Former Lokab Empire

Tresingiis arrived at the city, where ranks and ranks of goblins where lined up outside. Reddulch had gotten them all in one place, just outside the walls of the capitol. Reddulch approached Tresingiis and the two spoke for a moment.

" We cover most of the desert now, we will be able to form a new alliance today. Is this everyone from the city?"

" Everyone who would come, excluding the sick, old and young."

" Okay, The Cretaum that we sent to the Emirates have gotten back without any help, send them among the desert to spread the news."

" Okay, and what will we do concerning the goblins?"

"This desert will be part of our empire now. We will take full responsibility for the goblins here."

"Empire? When where we going to have an empire? Why do we need one? The tribes are alright surviving on our own, but if we have an empire, we couldn't live the same way. How could we even structure the government? How do we include the goblins?"

" Reddulch, I created you. I created all of you. I blessed you and your people. My people. You will do this for the goblins. I will raise a city to serve as your capitol and solve some of your problems, but these people need your leadership. I picked you for my presence in these people because you would have the courage, and determination to lead them well. Don't tell me that you can't handle it, that I have made a mistake. You should take the opportunity that presents itself, and lead the new desert empire. The Mirage Empire, with it's capitol between the Red Desert and the Former Lokab lands. You must not question this. Go, tell them, and I will create it."

" As you wish, fine. "

" The Cretaum are here to stay."

Speech

" I have gathered you out here today to tell you of our new plan. We will stay here. We will rule here with the goblins. We are now one empire. A new empire to rule the shifting sands and own the desert. Others will see our empire, and think we are strong, to prosper in the desert. Our mirage will be like a oasis, except it will be real. We are now called The Mirage Empire. Now, and for the rest of our lives in this world." There was applause among the goblins, who where so grateful to them for saving their destroyed cities, but the Cretaum where confused, they would need convincing. " I will split all of our lands into eight provinces. One for each tribe, and three new tribes with goblin leadership. We will grow, we will integrate ourselves, and the goblins will become part of the tribes. It will require lots of marching around the desert, carrying, moving, and a lot of hard work. But then, we can continue, and we will make the Mirage Empire grow and prosper."

The cretaum looked confused, but they accepted the word of their head chief.

The Mirage Empire

Shreddokk has been the capitol of the Cretaum lands, and will continue to be a place of gathering for the tribes. However, It was too far away from the goblins, so Tresingiis set to make a new capitol. As opposed to loose tribes and village center, this one would be made with set outer and inner walls of sandstone, designated buildings and three districts. The first was the trade district, closest to the entry and exit of the walls, then the Main district in the middle with the specified buildings for ruling, healing, a food bank, a bath, a bank, and a temple to Tresingiis. The third district was in the back, and it was the residential district. The houses where lined up with goblin architecture. The new capitol is named Tulmany. Tresingiis did not create a city where there was not one before, merely made one that was already there a lot bigger.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP breakdown.
    Starting AP: 8 +1 PAP
    Form organization-1 PAP -1 AP
    I'm not sure if I need to spend more AP on that yet. If I do, I can.

and rollover in a few hours: +4, +1 PAP
    New AP: 11 +1 PAP

and @drowlord
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can you post about sofia? I remember you saying that there was evil in the town, and that Sofia would show Michael where it was.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

26. - Top - End - #146

The Halls of Death

Gwyn stood at her uncle's rising. "I couldn't agree more, there is much that can and should be done in a short time. But I would not have us be redundant to each other uncle. Listen to what I plan so that we do not conflict."

Spoiler
    Show
    Rollover:2+6=8

@Elemental (only Belsheroth can hear this, unless Merolle decides to eavesdrop being that he's omnipresent in Geasea): Gwyn plans to create the Citadel of Light, a bastion against a war she's foreseen between the Guardians and the Directors (or something far worse) and serve as a symbol of hope for mortals. Also plans to make a creature called the Deathless from the noblest of knights, but wants Belsheroth's permission first since they'd be undying.

Free Port-Ambush

Sophia watches the buildings, she wished she could know which were Blur and which were not. Then she heard footfalls behind her. She closed her eyes drew her sword and slashed behind her. Eviscerating the knife wielding man in one stroke.

"Can I still forget if I don't see?" She asked the Doctor uncertain if it was a Blur or just a man. Arrows sang through the air towards the unlikely group. Sophia's eyes shot open and she rolled, avoiding all but one arrow, that one pinning her cloak to the ground.

She looked up, Archers readied their bows on top of a building across the street, while more men charged towards them from behind barrels and alleyways.

She growled ripping her cloak as she yanked it away from the arrow.

"Doctor! Take out the men on the roof! We'll handle these bastards!" D-Did she just order a 3,000 year old immortal? Oops.

Spoiler
    Show
    @HT: I'm defering to you on this one, can one remember a Blur if they never saw them but perceived them through other senses?

@HT & Ele: Feel free to control the guys y'all's are fighting too, there are about 20 in all (8 on roof, rest on the ground). Be as BA as you wish, leaving 3-5 for Sophia to handle please. Expecting to wrap this encounter up tomorrow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Exachix & Drowlord: PM will be incoming.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-14 at 04:12 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port-Ambush

Sophia watches the buildings, she wished she could know which were Blur and which were not. Then she heard footfalls behind her. She closed her eyes drew her sword and slashed behind her. Eviscerating the knife wielding man in one stroke.

"Can I still forget if I don't see?" She asked the Doctor uncertain if it was a Blur or just a man. Arrows sang through the air towards the unlikely group. Sophia's eyes shot open and she rolled, avoiding all but one arrow, that one pinning her cloak to the ground.

She looked up, Archers readied their bows on top of a building across the street, while more men charged towards them from behind barrels and alleyways.

She growled ripping her cloak as she yanked it away from the arrow.

"Doctor! Take out the men on the roof! We'll handle these bastards!" D-Did she just order a 3,000 year old immortal? Oops.

Spoiler
    Show
    @HT: I'm defering to you on this one, can one remember a Blur if they never saw them but perceived them through other senses?

@HT & Ele: Feel free to control the guys y'all's are fighting too, there are about 20 in all (8 on roof, rest on the ground). Be as BA as you wish, leaving 3-5 for Sophia to handle please. Expecting to wrap this encounter up tomorrow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Exachix & Drowlord: PM will be incoming.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eh... no, because it's not specifically losing sight that erases them from your memory... It's perhaps more accurate to say your memory of a Blur is wiped the moment you stop noticing them. The reason sight is given so much spotlight is because sight is constant - you stop hearing what someone is saying the moment they stop making noise, you stop tasting the moment your tongue stops touching something but all you can do to stop seeing a Blur is shut your eyes or blink.

That single instant - the moment your senses aren't directly telling you 'there's a Blur!' and you only know because you remember it- is what the Blur's natural processes need to wipe your memory

Unfortunately yes. The Doctor growled before shooting up to the roof.

Spoiler
    Show
    Having computer issues - ill try to have them fixed by tomorrow but until then my posts will probably be stunted

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

The Halls of Death

Gwyn stood at her uncle's rising. "I couldn't agree more, there is much that can and should be done in a short time. But I would not have us be redundant to each other uncle. Listen to what I plan so that we do not conflict."

Spoiler
    Show
    Rollover:2+6=8

@Elemental (only Belsheroth can hear this, unless Merolle decides to eavesdrop being that he's omnipresent in Geasea): Gwyn plans to create the Citadel of Light, a bastion against a war she's foreseen between the Guardians and the Directors (or something far worse) and serve as a symbol of hope for mortals. Also plans to make a creature called the Deathless from the noblest of knights, but wants Belsheroth's permission first since they'd be undying.
    Very well... Inform me of your plan, so that we may coordinate our objectives.
    And then, I have a task for you, if you choose to accept it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rollover: 2 + 6
    It's excellent being an intermediate deity now.

The task is a simple one. Go down to the Guardian Temple and get the fragments of Belsheroth's scythe. Because he can't do it himself.
    And I have no objection to those plans.

Free Port - Ambush

Nureen turned and buried a dagger into the heart of an assailant with a well aimed throw. Spurring her horse forward, she trampled another. Her horse reared up and its hooves struck the attacker precisely in the lungs.
    Using her magic, she held a third assailant in place and unleashed a hail of white hot needles at the archers on the roof. But she was getting older, and as such, wasn't quick enough to avoid an arrow that struck her in the chest.
    However, as she fell from her horse, a bolt of lightning arced through the archer who had hit her, leaving a smoking hole in his chest. He died instantly with no blood loss as the heat of the spell cauterised his wound.
    The end of the arc hit the roof of the building, and it caught fire.

Marren reacted no less quickly, raising a barrier to protect himself. Unfortunately, combat was not his speciality, so he improvised. He placed his hand on the shoulder of the Blur immobilised by Nureen and reached out with his mind and stopped its heart, simultaneously deflecting an arrow with a flick of his other hand.
    As it collapsed, he struck another with a beam of light, blinding it and causing it to scream in pain. Turning to another of the assailants, he began intoning powerful words of exorcism, usually reserved for daemons and Ember Spirits.
    Now, Marren had failed at banishment and no idea what would happen if a native creature was banished, but he tried it nonetheless.
    The result was not pretty...
    Elsewhere, in Geasa, a femur fell from the sky, narrowly missing a Gnome.
    With a great deal of self-control, Marren avoided utilising certain elements of the vernacular as Nureen fell from her horse and focused on preventing the spread of the fire started by her spell and protecting the civilians as they evacuated the building. However, the Blur had no concern for innocent lives, and one stabbed in the back while concentrated.
    Marren turned and grabbed it by the wrists as he felt himself dying and drained the Blur of its life force, before, he too fell from his horse unconscious.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so that's three killed by Nureen (including and archer), several archers inconvenienced and a fire started.
    Marren also got three and blinded one other.
    I won't describe what happened to the one he tried to banish from the Mortal World, I will merely say, that without a specific destination, the spell tried to send him to every other plane simultaneously and that much of that alleyway is probably covered in blood now...

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #149

Free PortThe Skull & Dagger

Sandra joined Kuruk in searching the room while Saul watched the hall for a moment and then closed the door. The last knight had been sent to let the ship's captain know of their plans for accomodation.

"I don't see anything." Sandra whispered rustling through the bed's sheets.

"Sooo, looking forward to the next voyage?"

Spoiler
    Show
    @Exachix: Your decision if there is anything
    The room is not large, but still with enough space. The beds appear rough, but no sign of anything untoward. Overall not the nicest place, but certainly will do. After all, spying on guests would reduce trade.

Birds of a Feather Murder Together

"Greetings then oh shadow of mine. I don't suppose I'll ever have you back now will I?" The second Lilli said laughing. "That's okay though. We'll have so much more fun this way."
    An Unkindness of Death

"Much more fun, indeed." She grins. "Besides, I am distinct from you."

Free PortParvis, Marik, and Jorias

They were both silent for a moment, then Jorias looked up, "So it's true what they're saying?"

"Damn him!" Marik hissed, "After all we've been through."

"Calm down Marik."

"You calm down, I've been fighting alongside him since 'e was a pup in Calasancti. 'e ne'er once e'en said a cross word to the men. And now this? It just ain't right."
    Parvis shrugged to the two men. "I can only relay what I've learnt and what I've uncovered." He spread his hands. "And ensure my investments and trade doesn't fall through."

Monte Mora

The assassins on the dockside attempt, now their target is downed, to flee from the site, though as the Hyderessė acts, they pause and look. Two take out small knives and nick their hands, while another does not stop his fleeing, only to be hit by a spear thrust.

Meanwhile.. at sea.

Litan removes his mask and throws it overboard. "Why should I hide here? I understand why you may mistrust me, but alas I fell into the same lot as your boss man. I made the same enemies as him, though the gods know only what those were." He paces, before looking at them. "Thankfully I adopted some anonymity prior to this incident. So I decided to assist another who had found a cruel and heartless enemy."

He shuddered, and tried to shake the impression he was being watched. "Besides, I'm sure I can get work as a bodyguard. Now, had someone better find your captain and see if he's ok?" He smiles and turns to go and find Brist.

The World

Within time, those who desired knowledge could obtain it, but occasionally at a cost. Yet mages and scholars began to stumble upon a new art, or new to them nonetheless. Lilli watched the new diviners from afar, watching them, and vying their candidacy for her organizations.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP:12
    -1 Bless: Ensure the knowledge of divination spreads, allowing some to learn of it and use it.
    -3 Gain Domain: Magic(Divination) (actions: 4 - Fabled Concept, Divination. 2 - Organization, Lilli's Scholars, 1 - This Blessing)
    +4 Rollover
    AP:12
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150

Death's Mansion

Gwyn nods and relates her plans to Belsheroth, along with a little of what she's seen of possible worlds.

A little later

A very old woman is seen in The Guardian temple, searching for the remains of Belsheroth's scythe. Trying to track the divine essence in the shards.

Free Port-The Metting

Marik frowns but nods. Jorias nods and looks at Parvis, "We're listening."
    Gwyn, The First Knight