New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

Shadowlands
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    You are not intruding, and while I do not know you well enough to call you a friend, you are not unwelcome, kin. Ombra smiled beneath his cloak. The tower in the center may provide accommodations to your tastes if you like... Well, as many nonsentient accommodations as you like.
    "Aren't we all basically family?" Kipt jested in a friendly manner. "Although you have my thanks for letting me stay here." Kipt continued, now more serious. "This is a very beautiful place, with all the colors, and the void is so dull and drab." He pauses, switching topic "So, Ombra, what has a god like yourself been up to lately?" The small talk of gods; if that generic question doesn't start conversation, Kipt would be hard pressed to find something that will.

Monte Mora: The Docklands

One of the spear men was intent on chasing down the assassins, but having to peel a corpse off of his weapon slowed him down, and they were able to flee. The other looked more interested in tending to the wounded hippogriff, and learning about the situation.
    The beast was not as badly hurt as it had seemed with its bleeding stopped, and within a few seconds it was standing again. Not to say it wouldn't need some medical attention though; it looked very feeble, and had lost quite a bit of blood. "Who are you?" the Elthien asked the Hydresse. To be honest, he didn't know quite what to think. Although he had seen KliKit before, and he had seen a Hydresse once or twice, he had certainly never seen anyone quite like this person in his life.

Monte Mora: A ship just off the coast

The crew thought about that for a minute, not sure what to think, before one member said "It does make sense." A large portion of the crew began to return to their work. "I'll get the cap'n for ya" another put in. At this point, they had all returned to normal duties save for the one who went to fetch Brist.
    Next, the Kalpan guard climbed on board the ship, and sat down. "I'm still guarding this ship, I think I might just do it from deck." the man said. He was known by the crew as a guard, and had even contributed to loading the ship, so none of them questioned him. Then, turning to Litan "All the better for your security, sir."

2. - Top - End - #152

Monte Mora
    The creature morphed back into the young woman. "I am Akir and Floewyr's direct descendent, master of Aímancy. My name is Alene, and I wish to join your watch. The assasins are ignoble and base, and kill without reason. Besides, they are... Tiresome. You are new. And interesting."

The Sunken Places
    Aquaeris smiled to his dead, then, seeing all was right, rose to the void. His lieutenant, Agares, was trustworthy.

He rose through the void, like a stream of water. He left trails and strands behind, lonely and pale. As he felt, for even among the gods, he was somewhat of a loner. He saw beauty in all, but that did not start conversations.
    He saw the other gods in their realms, but he saw that was not his destination.
    He knew his sister still hated him. Beauty was not there.
    He had failed.
    He saw.
    "Divinity."
    Michael or Sofía would do a better job. He was nothing among gods. All others had someone to smile with. He was intensely loyal to Kiloasa, but that was not beauty in its wildest form. He was unstable; he was still mad in a little part of himself. He needed company.
    He saw the shining land like a reverse silhouette against the blackness. He blessed it, and descended to it.
    "Hello. Who is here?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    Bless Shadowlands
    AP: 1-1=0
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-07-15 at 06:35 PM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

3. - Top - End - #153

Monte Mora

The Elthien initially raised an eyebrow to what Alene had said, but then responded "Well, your morals are certainly good. I would just hope that we don't become boring to you. Anyways, it is always nice to meet a friend of the guard, I am Garner. With Akric- the one with the greatsword that is- dead, Edrun is our leader now. We had best report to him."
    the other guard is back now, and the two have a short conversation. By the end of it, they decide to let Garner visit Edrun with Alene, and the other one to get the hippogriff medical attention. Provided she agrees, Garner begins to lead her through the city.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-07-15 at 07:34 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154

Monte Mora
    Alene smiled. She cast out a fizzing bolt of green energy over the area. Wounds healed, bruises faded, and the near-dead sighed as they were soothed by positive energy.
    Her knees trembled slightly with exhaustion, but she stubbornly kept upright.
    "There. Now, if you will, lead the way."
    Where he goes, she will follow.

The Shadowlands
    Aquaeris wandered through the plane, marveling in its beauty. He saw a palace-like structure.
    Walking up to it, he politely knocked on the door.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

5. - Top - End - #155

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll wait for Ombra to get the door.

Monte Mora

Garner touched his face where his cut had been from the mad assassin. He couldn't tell whether he would have a scar yet, but he was extremely impressed by Alene's skill. Seeing her exhausted, he extended a hand to steady her before seeing she was alright.
    He leads her through the city streets, down wooden alleys, up steep paths, and to a rising platform on a pulley system. The other guard had suggested to fly, and keep watch from above, which Garner thought was a good idea. The city was vast with pathways, buildings, art, and common people trying to make a living. "Have you been in Monte Mora long?" he asks pleasantly along the way.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Death's Mansion

Gwyn nods and relates her plans to Belsheroth, along with a little of what she's seen of possible worlds.
    Thank you for informing me of this Gwyn.
    I think it best that we keep this to ourselves for now.

Belsheroth walked to the windows of the room and looked down on Ashkharh.
    Soon I shall have to confront my wayward Nephew. But not right now. I shall allow him to become complacent in his sovereignty over my children before I call them home.

A little later

A very old woman is seen in The Guardian temple, searching for the remains of Belsheroth's scythe. Trying to track the divine essence in the shards.
    The Temple is enormous. But it did not take long for The Crone to locate the fragmented scythe in a vault deep below the High Altar. There was a small doorway to the side that opened onto a flight of stairs down into the catacombs.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm just going to say that it's very late at night and that there's almost no one around and that Gwyn just managed to miss them all.
    In reality, I'm just to lazy to RP another cleric right now.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Shadowlands

"Aren't we all basically family?" Kipt jested in a friendly manner. "Although you have my thanks for letting me stay here." Kipt continued, now more serious. "This is a very beautiful place, with all the colors, and the void is so dull and drab." He pauses, switching topic "So, Ombra, what has a god like yourself been up to lately?" The small talk of gods; if that generic question doesn't start conversation, Kipt would be hard pressed to find something that will.
    The Shadowlands
    Ombra

Fixing. He growled half to himself, sitting down on a crystal log. Urgh, first I wake up to find that my own creations have stopped believing i even existed, and my worst enemy's avatar is now their unwilling object of worship. So I've had to walk among the Shadows, say, "Hi, im the guy who made you" and do stupid tricks like turn water into wine to convince them. I'm not even the wine or water god, why would they...

Then I found out that one of the few gods I counted as a friend is also that worst enemy's daughter and ally. I lost a game to a mortal and gave him a shard of my power in exchange, and now have to make a Hippo...centaur... thing for him.

So I made this place to try and take my mind off of it. He waved around. Personally I can't stand the glow these trees give off. But the fact that the ground is black as can be even with it, as is the sky, and the glow stays confined to the crystals? THAT is beautiful, and it has accomodations for any who need to stay in the between acts of power - such as yourself.

So. What brings you to the Shadowlands, cousin?

Free Port
    The Doctor

The Doctor ducked and weaved like a living wave, slamming dark tendrils into the bows of the archers on the roofs. He didn't kill them (though he did freeze one to the roof) but evidently he didn't need to. An infused hero of the gods would have little trouble against mortal men.

And he didn't, until someone he couldn't see decided to try using a sledgehammer.

The Doctor felt it slam into him, sending him flying into the roof across with a loud 'bang'. He keened out in pain, pulling himself to his quadruped, clawed feet before turning to see who it was.

Why on the PRIME MATERIAL would an archer have a sledgehammer!! He roared.

The "archer" proceeded to lift the hammer and throw it like a missile at the Doctor. This was about as poor a choice as the archer could've made, as the doctor could just melt and weave around it.

Instead, he caught it and threw it down onto the head of one of the human's enemies.

He then shot back across the roof and tackled the hammerman to the ground, freezing his limbs to the roof.

Stay down. The Doctor growled as he tried to focus his eyes. While a cut or deep stab wound was something he could've just sealed shut, a successful bludgeoning was something a Shadow would have to wait to recover from, just like any other creature.

He then dropped down into the alley to see if the humans were done with their enemies. The very, very observant would notice the Doctor's eyes were unfocused.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((I say very, very observant because Shadows don't have visible pupils))

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    The Shadowlands
    Aquaeris wandered through the plane, marveling in its beauty. He saw a palace-like structure.
    Walking up to it, he politely knocked on the door.
    (( It's a tower, not a palace ))

The Shadowlands
    The Black Tower

Aquaeris would feel something brush against his mind, like a psion's casual glance, as the door slid open. There was a small entryway with a fire and large, cushiony chair, like a sitting room. There was a dark red carpet on the floor. The words "Two meanings." bordered the carpet, while "Suffer not the tyrant to live" was weaved throughout the center.

The stairs up were immediately to Aqua's left, and in his field of view was a sign.

The tower provides accomodations based on personal preference or taste, each room tailored to the pleasures of each guest (as long as said pleasures are non-sentient - no slavery here). You may have felt the tower probe your mind when you came in. Don't worry, it can't tell me anything it finds, and even if it could, it only sees information on aesthetic preference.

You should find it immediately after it is done being constructed/modified within the tower's memory banks.

Go up the stairs thinking where you want to be, you should come up into either your room or the requested room in a floor or two.

With regards,

Ombra
    Prince of Shadows
    Divine Vigilante
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-07-15 at 11:11 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #158

The Shadowlands

"Truly" Kipt says in response "that sounds rough. As for me, I recently came into a bit more power, and lost touch with the Material World. So i'm just passing through here really, I just stopped in to see what this place is like." He sounds saddened when he mentions not being able to visit the world again.
    Making a complete turn around, he has a hint of excitement in his voice saying "I take it the gods you are referring to are Gwyn and Isanloff. You do seem very close with Gwyn." Kipt had seen Ombra get dismayed when he found out who Gwyn's parent was at the party, and was obviously implying something.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Yohalles begins to get impatient and turns away from his father, taking a step and teleporting away. He appears to a small group of Lloyas and peers at them before his face brightens up with an idea. He turns to the side and hundreds of huge long-haired beasts spring up from the earth.

He turns back to the Lloyas and whispers smiling. I will give all the Lloyas the knowledge of how to herd animals..... But only you will herd these beasts..... These Hasens. And for that you will be called Lloyonas. he breathes a light smoke over the new Lloyonas. Now go..... Take the Hasens to the Lokab goblins so that they can have milk and meat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP:5
    Rollover +4AP
    Create Fabled Life: The Hasen large hairy beasts that breed quicker the hotter their environment is, produce lots of milk, have three camel-like humps and are natural-born teleporters, their ability outmatched only by the gods. Unfortunately they are stupid animals and the only teleportation they do is based on instincts such as 'I'm hungry teleport to food' 'I'm being attacked teleport away' and 'that Hasen teleported away teleport to follow it'. -4AP
    Create Concept: Animal shepherding -1AP
    Create Organization: The Lloyonas shepherd the Hasen -2AP
    Bless: The goblins of Lokab now have access to a nice supply of meat, milk, and material for clothes and rope so long as they don't anger the Lloyonas. -1AP
    Ending AP: 1
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

10. - Top - End - #160

Inside the Guardian Temple

"Apologies, but I must take these." With that The Crone and the shards disappeared. A note left in their place, one that read.

"Apologies, but the true master of these shards had need of them. I wish I had something to leave you. Especially with what you will be facing. I merely remind you, when the night is darkest, the candle shines brightest.

~The Crone"

Death's Mansion

"I understand uncle, good luck. But be... gentle, I think Kiolasa is more disturbed by his daughter's death than he is willing to let on."

Even as she spoke the Crone took her place with the shards of the Reaper's Scythe in hand, "Sorry it took me so long, but here they are."

Outside the Rings of Geasa

Gwyn appeared inside the orbit of the moon. She held out a hand and Citadel seemingly made from gold (not really, it's very shiny iron) appeared there. Innumerble spires reached for the Void beyond. Sometimes, when the moon was full, one could see the sunlight reflecting off the spires.

"May the world forever see your light Anreydu... even if I'm gone."

She looked behind her, she didn't like the state of the world, or the state of magic, her brother's greatest creation. She slammed the but of her spear into the ground of the Void as if it was solid ground.

"Aqaerius! Lili! I request an audience."

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 8
    Create Plane: Anreydu (extremely bastardized version of the Welsh Anrhydeddu meaning honor) Citadel of Truth & Hope -4AP

Ending AP: 4

Free Port-Sophia

The Rune blade hummed as Sophia cut through one her attackers. A blue light leaked from the Runes as it tasted the blood of these men. Two halves of a man fell to the ground. She was disturbed how easy it was to kill normal men, after her training and this sword.

Two charged her from either side. Sophia grabbed one's wrist and threw him against the cobble stone street. Spinning she took the other's leg. The Rune blade hummed louder, as if setting the tempo for the battle. Another came from behind, her sword sang and the man's head fell to the street.

A final two charged. Sophia stabbed one and grabbed the other by the throat, lifting him up and threw him against the street, his skull cracked. This was disturbingly easy.

The man she had thrown to the ground scrambled up and ran. Sophia breathed, then looked at Marren and Nureen. "Sheiz!"

Sophia checked Marren's pulse, he looked okay. Sophia then went over to Nureen, damn she should have paid more attention during First Aid.

"I can help." Sophia turned and saw a man, she blinked, what was that man doing there-

She stood threatening with her sword, "Blur."

The Blur held up his hands, "Easy, I'm not here to fight."
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

11. - Top - End - #161

BlueWizardGirl

Monte Mora

There where not a ton of goblins in Monte Mora, but Jib and his family had lived there all their life. Jib's parents fled the desert before he was born, afraid that the Lokab Empire would take over their lands, they fled to Monte Mora, a city of trading, and as far from the Archliches as they could be. But Jib wasn't satisfied with the dull life of a shopkeeper. He looked toward the ocean and thought to himself of adventure. He wanted to leave Monte Mora, and learn the secrets of the edge of the world. He wanted to see Islands and castles and these sea monsters he read about one time on a dusty scroll in his parents basement. He gathered his things, left a goodbye note, and was at the docks, waiting for a ship to take him off to the things he wanted to see.

The Mirage Empire: The Red Desert: Shreddokk

Leon had just heard of the new Mirage Empire's sprouting. He had been thinking into politics and trade more than any other cretaum had. He saw a map laid out with the tribes new territories. It was fairly simple really. The old ones just stretch their zones halfway across the desert, further than they had before, but it was more of an expansion than a mismatch. Even so, they had to expand their tribes that way, and Leon had to move to the capitol. He sent letters to the other tribe leaders, and went home to his tribe. They prepared by getting their things ready to go. As it turns out, Cretaum are big, they can carry most of what they need to live, and they do. It is a three day journey, but everyone makes it. The tribes now occupy most of the new land, and Leon sets up in the capitol. There are two provinces of goblins like there are five of Cretaum. They are encouraged to integrate, and do so. Soon you have goblins helping along the Cretaum. The Cretaum are simple minded, while the goblins are more intelligent than that. It is a win-win situation in the end. The Cretaum are big, and the goblins are smart, with many exceptions albeit. Leon is an exceptionally smart Cretaum. He determines resources we have, and makes groups of cretaum pursue them so they can utilize the resources. The Mirage Empire prospers for a while.

Spoiler
    Show
    So I will be roleplaying less of the overworld, and more on characters.

Drestin's patrol

Drestin heard the news, and decided he should leave before he got caught up in it. He assembled his crew of 6 and they left the city. This time bound for Freeport. He tried to remember what Leon said about resources, and how we need wood. Maybe there could be a trade route.

The Mirage Empire: Tulmany

Reddulch was there in a counsel room, " Well isn't this place lovely? Okay, Attendance from tribes and provinces: I am the head chief. I am here. Kilos!"

A weak old chief responded, "Here"

" Surry! "

Leon responded to that, "Here"

" Remus! "

" That's Drestin, he should be in Freeport by now."

" Okay then, my own tribe, Glonn!

A young Cretaum who was holding Reddulch's place as chief while Reddulch was head chief answered, "Here"

" Lemond! "

"Here"

" Okay, Goblins 1, goblins 2, and 3. "

Two adult goblins who look aggravated both answered, "here."

"Very well then. We shall begin."

Spoiler
    Show
    I would be okay with someone else roleplaying one of the goblin leaders in The Mirage Empire.
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-07-16 at 08:44 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

The Shadowlands
    Ombra

We've helped each other out a few times. We're friends, and I don't like that I'm going to have to fight my friend's father. Ombra's eyes narrowed beneath his hood. What are you implying?

Free Port
    Doctor

The Doctor landed behind the Blur and sharpened his arms into blades. He didn't attack, but he was evidently ready to. Talk quickly.

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #163

The Blur chuckled glancing over his shoulder, "So you're the real Doctor huh? My memory tells me I've met you before and that you strangled my mother. Lucky for us both, I know that's a lie."

He lowers his hands slowly, "I may not like you, your god, or you species, but I hate Big Momma. She's even worse than Ombra. So if you piss her off, I figure you folks are worth helping."

Sophia frowned, kneeling next to Marren and trying to rouse him, never taking her gaze off of the Blur. "You're not giving us much of a reason to trust you."

"There isn't much reason to, but I am literally the only Blur in this city who will even think about talking to a Shadow."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

The Blur chuckled glancing over his shoulder, "So you're the real Doctor huh? My memory tells me I've met you before and that you strangled my mother. Lucky for us both, I know that's a lie."

He lowers his hands slowly, "I may not like you, your god, or you species, but I hate Big Momma. She's even worse than Ombra. So if you piss her off, I figure you folks are worth helping."

Sophia frowned, kneeling next to Marren and trying to rouse him, never taking her gaze off of the Blur. "You're not giving us much of a reason to trust you."

"There isn't much reason to, but I am literally the only Blur in this city who will even think about talking to a Shadow."
    The Doctor was quiet for a few moments. Then he asked, Why are you so sure your memories of me strangling your mother are false?

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Tactics in a Northern War

Nettal opened the tent flap and stepped into Captain Eric's war room. The stink of death filled his nostrils, but his wooden face hid his disgust well.

"You wanted my opinion on how to attack the northern cities?" Nettal asked.

Journey to Snowpoint

"You should reallychoose your words more carefully, Stephen." Madame Woodsworth replied, she placed a very strong emphasis on the lack of a title in King Stephen's name. "The Druids do their work in secret, not for accolades or power like the clergy does. We kept Snowpoint and Calasanctium free from the rule of the dragons during the Ice Age, when the priesthood was too scared to step outside their temple because they worried so much about a little frostbite. The Ice Giants and Dragons do not inspire fear in us, so why should you? We had a deal, Stephen, If you don't hold up your end of the bargain, why little children might end up falling over sick from strange illnesses. The workers in your factories might find their machinery clogged up with mold and fungus every morning, and every man, woman or child that tries to clear it away falls down dead from toxic poisoning. The skies over Snowpoint covered in black coal ash so thick that the sun itself would become a myth. I'm sure you don't want that, Stephen it would be a terrible black mark on the record of the last member of your dynasty. Imagine what the people would say? 'Oh woe is us, if only we had an honorable and just king with more spine than your average sea slug, we wouldn't have had to worry about the clergy throwing us all under the metallic boot of Merolle and scraped off by the Scythe of Belsheroth while they pursued their greed and self righteous superiority over the common man!'

Do you really want to be the last king of Calasanctium, Stephen? Because I can make that happen." Usually Madame Woodsworth's words all ran together, but that last sentence was as sharp and clear as the crystal knife she kept tucked in her boot.

Lokab Empire

Across the Lokab Empire the Lokab Goblins were gathering at the refugee camps set up by the Belsherai, Cretaum and Wildlings that had come in to provide relief. Their actions saved thousands, possibly millions of lives. The empire was shattered, but its people continued on.

Razorpine Forest

Stamyn looked over his three trainees. They had been working together for a couple weeks and were finally starting to show some real progress.

"Alright you maggots!" He shouted. About a hundred maggots crawled out of the dirt and began writhing on the surface. "These are bluefly maggots. Their adult form carries a toxic bite that can paralyze a man until he dies from asphyxiation. Then they lay their eggs in his rotting carcass and their maggots feast upon his flesh until they mature. Your job is to beastshape each of these maggots so that when they become adults, they lose their toxic bite. But you'll have to find some other way for them to breed, because without that bite, their eggs won't be able to survive until maturity."

Skull and Dagger

"Well I don't see anything wrong with the beds here." Kuruk said. "Lets get some sleep, eh?"

Snowpoint Factories

"I been workin' at this factory for 30...cough*cough... years!" Shouted one of the Factory Foremen. He was gathered in front of a large crowd of workers, each of them holding up picket signs and shouting angrily. "I done gone to the priests every year cuz o' this damned cough and they always told me nothing was wrong! Well I knew they was lyin' so I went to one o' them Druids and he told me I was dyin of BlackLung! This damn factory been killin' all of us and nobody cares! I went back to the priests and told 'em what that Druid said. They told me there weren't nothing they could do anymores. They had thirty years to fix the problem and ain't done nothin! Now we're all gonna die and its they's fault! So you know what? I ain't gonna work here no more. I'm going home to my family. I'm going to die with the people I love, and their factory can shut down and sink to the center of the earth for all I care!"

All across Calasanctium speeches like that were being given. Some were plants, done by Madame Woodsworth and her cohorts, others were simply people who were angry and scared and fed up with the way they were being treated.

Soon, fires and rioting and looting broke out in the general populace as Madame Woodsworth's druids made the black evil of the factories known to the populace. It wouldn't be long before the kingdom would be in ruins.

16. - Top - End - #166

The Doctor was quiet for a few moments. Then he asked, Why are you so sure your memories of me strangling your mother are false?
    "Are you volunterring to reveal the unsavory truth?"

He exhaled, "I'm a very good Psionic, the second best in this city. When Big Momma altered my memories I was able to see it for what it was."

He turns and looks up at the Doctor, "And she really hates you."

Sophia raised an eyebrow, "Big Momma? As in the Crime Lord that rules Free Port?"

"The same."

Sophia sighs, "This day just gets better and better."

Snowhaven

The Acting Captain within the Calasanctium Kingdom crumpled up a piece of paper and let out an animalistic growl. Jerome, the only Vampire who had stayed within the borders of Calasancti, stood over his desk, he was about to burst. There were two legions of knights left here. 3 had been sent south and five were with Eric.

The peasants had picked now to revolt, there were other forces at work here he knew it. Several horrific stories had started and not all of them from the nobles. One involved counselor Shooth's death. The counselor was a piece of crap, he could understand killing her, but the girl, the little girl? Not even the nobles did that, not with the knights watching over them. What the peasants seemed to forget, is that there weren't better warriors in the world. That knights, killed. Dragons.

He looked at the report again, if this was what the rebels acted like, he didn't have a problem slaughtering them. All of them.

That day, the rebels were marching on the capital. When they saw an entire legion of knights in front of them. The Second Lieutenant, Acting Captain Jerome approahed.

"I understand you have grievances with the council, believe me I do. But remember, you are marching into the Capital! Armed!."

He drew his sword. Was there ever anything anywhere near as frightening as seeing 5,000 knights on horseback ready lance against you? It was doubtful the peasants had ever seen anything of the like.

"If you disperse? We will not follow you. We will not harm you. Gather again? We will find you. Continue your march? We will kill all of you."

His voice reverberated further than a human's should. These were not threats, they were the promises of someone sworn never to lie.

Spoiler
    Show
    Remember in any description Knights have +8 to RCR, I'm pretty sure only the Vargullfi (and Hallorn) are anywhere near that.

Sorry about this, you can still almost succeed but the knights would not ignore open rebellion, even for these reasons. If proper channels were explored? Yeah they wouldn't do this, they'd probably be on the other side. But they started rioting, so yeah, this is the result.

The Tactics in the North

'Eric' turned to regard Nettal and nodded, Jennifer stood in the corner completely impassive. "Indeed I did, I thank you for coming. Come, would you like anything to drink?"

If Nettal approaches the map, 'Eric' points to what seems to be a valley, "We've determined that this is where the armies are gathering, we don't know how many, but I wouldn't be suprised if we're outnumbered 3to1. Now obviously, given the numbers, full encirclement would be suicide. I'm currently in favor of a mixture of sabotage, diplomacy, and skirmishing tactics. But I would appreciate any suggestions you may have."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-16 at 11:27 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

"Are you volunterring to reveal the unsavory truth?"

He exhaled, "I'm a very good Psionic, the second best in this city. When Big Momma altered my memories I was able to see it for what it was."

He turns and looks up at the Doctor, "And she really hates you."

Sophia raised an eyebrow, "Big Momma? As in the Crime Lord that rules Free Port?"

"The same."

Sophia sighs, "This day just gets better and better."
    Many people hate me - most of them as bad as her. If she wants me dead, she'll have to get in line.

The Doctor sighed as well. Eh, the Shadows were going to have to deal with her sooner or later anyway. He morphed his arm into a hammer. Thank you for the information. We'll knock you out so no one thinks you told us anything.

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #168

Free Port-The Blur

"Yay, all right since you're the only one who'll remember this, I'll tell you now. Big Momma, is not who everyone thinks she is, she's a Blur obviously, but also an extraordinarily powerful Psionic. She modified the memories of every Blur in the city, so that they would have a complete and undying hatred for you. She brags that she killed you once, no idea if it's true or not."

He shrugs, "Just remember, when you meet her, she's not really her. Not even I've met the real Big Momma."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port-The Blur

"Yay, all right since you're the only one who'll remember this, I'll tell you now. Big Momma, is not who everyone thinks she is, she's a Blur obviously, but also an extraordinarily powerful Psionic. She modified the memories of every Blur in the city, so that they would have a complete and undying hatred for you. She brags that she killed you once, no idea if it's true or not."

He shrugs, "Just remember, when you meet her, she's not really her. Not even I've met the real Big Momma."
    Thanks. I'll remember this... well, sorta. If you see her, tell her I said 'The Doctor is in'. The Blur would have just enough time to balk at how awful that joke was before the Doctor knocked him out cold.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #170

The Blur only had time to raise an eyebrow before he ended up on the ground.

Unfortunately Sophia was still watching, "'The Doctor is in,' Really?"

She looked back to Nureen and the memory of the Blur (and the Doctor's joke) vanished. Marren hadn't stirred yet.

She went over an applied pressure to Nureen's wound, trying to avoid jostling the arrow, "Doctor! We need to get her a healer now!"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

The Blur only had time to raise an eyebrow before he ended up on the ground.

Unfortunately Sophia was still watching, "'The Doctor is in,' Really?"
    Humans... He grumbled. No love for puns.

She looked back to Nureen and the memory of the Blur (and the Doctor's joke) vanished. Marren hadn't stirred yet.

She went over an applied pressure to Nureen's wound, trying to avoid jostling the arrow, "Doctor! We need to get her a healer now!"
    The Doctor stared at the wound, then said, very calmly, Don't forget. I'm the Doctor. Pull the arrow out, I'll keep pressure on the wound. Golden sparkles danced around the Doctor's claws as he placed pressure on the wound. When I've started, check the other one. And next time you're in the village of Asar, thank the baker.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #172

Free Port-Ambush Aftermath

Sophia obeyed wordlessly, pulling the arrow out as smoothly as she could. Hopefully causing no more internal damage.

"The Baker? Is that another Shadow?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port-Ambush Aftermath

Sophia obeyed wordlessly, pulling the arrow out as smoothly as she could. Hopefully causing no more internal damage.

"The Baker? Is that another Shadow?"
    I meant the town's baker. He clarified as the sparks ran down his arm. I saved his daughter from death by drowning. The sparks sunk deeply into the wound, and her flesh began to stitch back together.

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #174

GnomeWizardGuy

Lokab Empire
    The refugees in one camp are treated to a very strange sight. A large hairy beast the likes that no one has ever seen appears just on the outskirts of the camp. Then another one appears. Then another. Soon there are hundreds of the beasts just standing there. Then the Lloyonas appear. Ha! The Hasen teleported more on target than we did! one says laughing as he pets one of the beasts. Excuse me but could you tell me who is in charge of this refugee camp? another one asks a refugee.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Canis Lupus, Vulpes Vulpes

Vargull grunted, not bothering to deny the charges, at least not from this member of the family. "Well maybe if our other kin didn't feel the need to become so heavily involved in the goings on of the mortal world I wouldn't have to involve myself so thoroughly even things out."

Northern Kingdoms, Vargulfi

Of all mortal kind, only the Daemons, and the Vargulfi knew anything of the extent of Vargull's plans, and the Vargulfi would work to see his plans' put into motion. The Vargulfi had changed from being a single tribe made up of mostly Wargs and Lycanthropes, to an organization spread out over the Northern Kingdoms, and to a lesser extent the rest of the world. For years, they had attempted to incite wars between the Northern Kingdoms, and even between the North and the South once more, but the Northern Kingdoms were locked in stalemate, and the Calsanctium had seen no great profit in going to war with the Northern Kingdoms. Even those kingdoms who themselves were members of the Vargulfi would not go to war, as it would only bring the rest of the nations down on them, any such war would be so quick as to be pointless.

But now the Northern Kingdoms were restless, and the Calsanctium was on the march, they saw the signs of Vargull's holy work, and they heard the whispers in their dreams. All across the North Vargulfi were working to make the Northern tyrants more and more uneasy, to goad them into war with an approaching southern army, but the Vargulfi were not working to the benefit of the Northerners. They had heard their gods grand plans, and they would also work to undermine the war effort of the Northern lords in subtle ways, and to keep them from working to closely together, even to bring them to blows when the war was on. Once the war was well and truly engaged, some of the Vargulfi would of course join the holy event, but many others, even rulers like Wargs, Ember Spirits, Lycanthropes, Ice-Kin and Sorcerers who were members of the organization, would seem to fade away mysteriously just as the war reached a fever pitch against them, and the Vargulfi would slink into the night, to become part of the darkness, unseen by the Calsancti, or becoming members of their growing Imperium, to implant themselves thoroughly throughout the kingdom.

Spoiler
    Show
    10AP=11AP (7+4 at rollover) -1AP Curse: The Northern Kingdoms are both driven to war, and undermined in those efforts by the Vargulfi, while AP is being spent, besides the dream whispers it is almost purely a mortal effort, so Vargull's power should not be evident here. The Vargulfi will undermine the Northern Kingdoms while making every effort to make it not obvious, and keep it and them from being noticed. I don't think this would have an RCR effect if you do want to roll, but at the very least the Vargulfi's bonuses wouldn't be added to represent their efforts
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

26. - Top - End - #176

The Shadowlands

"I'm sure i'm not implying anything" Kipt said, more innocently than he felt. His tone remains friendly despite Ombra's hint of contention. I'm the god of love, it's in my nature to over think these things." He pauses, shifting in his seat "Although if you ask me, you two would be good together." He hoped that he hadn't said too much; he really did not mean to offend Ombra.

High Roads

When Randon and Ella traveled with the Lloyas, they were honored to meet Yohalles. Kneeling, Randon says "I am Randon, and this is my fiance, Ella" Randon informed him "We have been traveling with the Lloyas, and we would like to assist the Lokabs as well."

Monte Mora: The Docklands

A cloaked figure paces the docks anxiously, as if looking for something. The cloak worn is large, brown, and thick, covering head and torso. He looks like a short man with a hunchback, covered by the cloak. The figure's eyes are covered as well, so he is constantly trying to fix it so he can see, and looking around. It seems that he is trying not to draw attention to himself, but failing miserably. He is constantly glancing constantly at a paper held, and looking back up.
    He glances up, sees something in the distance, and begins to walk briskly towards it. In the crowd of people and without proper sight, the man accidentally collides with Jib. He falls to the ground, and his paper goes flying. His cloak was slightly unhinged in the fall, and he fumbles to cover his face. The observant onlooker will see a glint of bright orange from his eyes.

Razorpine Forest

Over the last few weeks Geodrick had perhaps progressed the most. He always seemed hungry for power and control over living things. He seemed to have converted to Kiloasa in that time, although his niece and nephew took no god more than any other. Like any task he was given, Geodrick nodded and went to work immediately. He looked over the maggots, and started pulling a few apart. He wanted to get a feel for their insides before he altered them. He moves innards around to see what it looks like.
    Lansa had gotten a bit more comfortable with her new life as a druid, and didn't even fret so much about Stamyn and her family seeing her naked. She was still uncomfortable when her nudity become obvious to her or them of course, and she proved to be very squeamish. When the maggots were introduced, she jumped back in disgust at first, but quickly adapted as she had learned to. She sat on the sidelines of the pile in a lady-like position examining the things and poking them before she got to work.
    Atan was usually was more quiet and reserved, but no one could ever question that he was learning. He worked in a manner that was thoughtful; his actions were well planned out. He stared at the maggots for a minute, deep in thought, before asking "Do you think the eggs would survive inside of their mother?"

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

The Shadowlands

"I'm sure i'm not implying anything" Kipt said, more innocently than he felt. His tone remains friendly despite Ombra's hint of contention. I'm the god of love, it's in my nature to over think these things." He pauses, shifting in his seat "Although if you ask me, you two would be good together." He hoped that he hadn't said too much; he really did not mean to offend Ombra.
    Love? Ombra repeated as his eyes narrowed. Tread lightly, kin. He said coldly. That was very bold. Ombra didn't want to admit it, but perhaps part of the reason his tone had grown dark and cold was because Kipt might maybe possibly kinda have what may be considered something very much like a point.

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #178

Love? Ombra repeated as his eyes narrowed. Tread lightly, kin. He said coldly. That was very bold. Ombra didn't want to admit it, but perhaps part of the reason his tone had grown dark and cold was because Kipt might maybe possibly kinda have what may be considered something very much like a point.
    Kipt thought he had a knack for this kind of thing being god of love and all, but apparently not. "I'm sorry, Ombra. My sincerest apologies. I really meant no offense- like I said, it is hard for me not to want to talk about love." He is now sounding a bit flustered; on the edge of his seat. He knew he shouldn't have said that, but it's too late now.

29. - Top - End - #179

GnomeWizardGuy

High Roads

When Randon and Ella traveled with the Lloyas, they were honored to meet Yohalles. Kneeling, Randon says "I am Randon, and this is my fiance, Ella" Randon informed him "We have been traveling with the Lloyas, and we would like to assist the Lokabs as well."
    High Roads
    Yohalles bows his head slightly. I know who you are, I've been watching through the eyes of my chosen. Both Yohalles's and First-Touched's left eyes glaze over. Hm....I thought I felt something funny... First-Touched says

You may go with them but I have something to request of you......my people know how to live off the land, how to herd animals, they know how to survive. What they do not know is how to defend themselves. You know how to hunt, I ask that you teach them the same.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Kipt thought he had a knack for this kind of thing being god of love and all, but apparently not. "I'm sorry, Ombra. My sincerest apologies. I really meant no offense- like I said, it is hard for me not to want to talk about love." He is now sounding a bit flustered; on the edge of his seat. He knew he shouldn't have said that, but it's too late now.
    It's not a problem. Ombra lowered his head and said nothing for a few moments before mumbling out, You might have been right.

Extended Sig