New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

The Shadowlands

A smile crept across Kipt's face- for loves sake- but it quickly vanished as Kipt assumed that it was not what Ombra needed to see. Kipt paused for a long minute. He knew it was a harder topic for Ombra then for him, but they didn't have much else to talk about at that point. Besides, he figured that he could be a legitimate help to Ombra if he played this right. In the end, he said "Ombra... you know you have nothing to be ashamed of."

The High Roads

"I am a decent hunter" Randon responded politely "I shall teach them all that I know." "Don't be too modest honey, you were the best hunter in out tribe" Ella added. The two stood up, bowed, then departed to the former Lokab Empire with the Lloyas.

2. - Top - End - #182

Free Port-Skull & Dagger

"All right," Saul said satisfied that no one was about to leap out at them.

"Sandra you take first watch, rouse me for second, then I'll rouse Kuruk for third."

"All right, good night guys." Sandra sat down next to the door as Saul collapsed onto his bedroll.

Free Port-Aftermath of the Ambush

"Okay, why am I thanking him for something you did?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    The Shadowlands

A smile crept across Kipt's face- for loves sake- but it quickly vanished as Kipt assumed that it was not what Ombra needed to see. Kipt paused for a long minute. He knew it was a harder topic for Ombra then for him, but they didn't have much else to talk about at that point. Besides, he figured that he could be a legitimate help to Ombra if he played this right. In the end, he said "Ombra... you know you have nothing to be ashamed of."
    The Shadowlands
    Ombra

It's not shame that plagues me, it is doubt. He said quietly, turning around. I have a mission, Kipt. I was born to destroy tyranny until even the idea of it is eradicated forever.

Personal feelings will get in the way.

Free Port
    The Doctor

Because the fact that he didn't teach his daughter to swim is the reason this girl will soon be back on her feet.

He gestured with a third arm formed from his liquid-esque Shadow body at the golden sparkles dancing on her wounds. This is Demiurgy - I'm manipulating my good karma into her and then forcing it to play out now. Her wounds will heal.

The fact that Sophia worships the woman whose job it is to keep karma working properly might object to this if she didn't know the Doctor was infused by Isanloff.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    The Shadowlands
    Ombra

It's not shame that plagues me, it is doubt. He said quietly, turning around. I have a mission, Kipt. I was born to destroy tyranny until even the idea of it is eradicated forever.

Personal feelings will get in the way.
    "hm" Kipt says, contemplating what Ombra said. "In my opinion, following your feeling are always worth it. Even if they do set your interests back."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

"hm" Kipt says, contemplating what Ombra said. "In my opinion, following your feeling are always worth it. Even if they do set your interests back."
    Perhaps. He started to walk away. But they are not my interests.

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #186

Free Port-Questioner

"Really?" While most knights take the laws of Karma very seriously, Sophia began as a scholar and old habits die hard.

The Doctor soon found himself bombarded with questions, "How does that work? Do you store the energy to release at a later date? Are all Shadows capable of this? Or is it an outside energy you manipulate like Astromancy? Is the Warp Moon involved at all?"

And so many more.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Free Port-Questioner

"Really?" While most knights take the laws of Karma very seriously, Sophia began as a scholar and old habits die hard.

The Doctor soon found himself bombarded with questions, "How does that work? Do you store the energy to release at a later date? Are all Shadows capable of this? Or is it an outside energy you manipulate like Astromancy? Is the Warp Moon involved at all?"

And so many more.
    You are asking questions of me with very long, complicated answers in an alleyway that the Blur know we're hiding it. He wrapped himself around Sophia's wrist as a bracelet again. We need to find Big Momma.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Perhaps. He started to walk away. But they are not my interests.
    He wasn't giving up on the Ombwyn pairing yet, he just knew that Ombra would have to take his own kind of time. "I'll leave you with this" Kipt calls out as Ombra walks away "just try to think about your own happiness every once in a while. That's all."

With that, Kipt retires to his room to watch the world. No thanks to Lilli's blessing he discovers divination, and decides to play at it a bit. good old Lilli he thinks fondly. After tinkering with it, Kipt creates a spell usable by gods mainly that lets one see all of the Material World at once. He observes events for a few hours; it is almost too much for him to take in. This is really neat though he thinks while taking a break. He thinks he noticed something, and begins to look again. He sees Geodrick, Atan, and Lansa learning principle druidism; Alene the Aimancer in Monte Mora; the Lloyas, Hasens, Randon, and Ella teleporting and using magic roads; and many other magics across the land. He thinks about the very Divination he is utilizing, the souls he saw in Hell that some utilize, and even magic gifted by the gods. A smile creeps his face as he stumbles upon a huge discovery. He doesn't even realize when his lips form the word "Cool..."
    Kipt looks over all the magics, and realizes that all the magics are intertwined and connected. Each share elements and are actually parts of one another. The magics are similar in ways that can be put back together into one magic, or separated back out into their individual states. There is one true magic, Arcana (the Arcane), which all other magics are aspects of. One can learn arcana and use it, but it is unwieldy, almost impossible to control.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 7+0
    Rollover, +5(+1PAP)
    =12+1
    Create Fabled concept, Arcana, -4
    I now have 8AP+1PAP
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-07-19 at 09:05 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189

The Shadowlands
    Spoiler
    Show
    A tower, to Aquaeris, usually equals a palace. He hasn't seen many big buildings.

Aquaeris said "Thank thee."
    He kept going until he reached his room.

Monte Mora
    "Not really. Mostly, I've lived alone in the deep, but I recently decided to learn what it is like in the city."
    She smiles at him.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Shadowlands
    Ombra

(( Drowlord, Why did you stop? How am i supposed to know what Aqua would want his room to be like? ))

Ombra returned to his tower to find Aquaeris about to go upstairs. He nodded in greeting and went to sit in the armchair in the center of the room. He peered into the flames, apparently deep in thought.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #191

Spoiler
    Show
    Truth? I didn't know what his dream room would look like, either. Needed time to think it up.

The Shadowlands
    Aquaeris turned, and, seeing Ombra, smiles. He splits in two shades, one of which enters his room, the other of which quietly bows to Ombra and says, in a highly formal but kind and compassionate tone,"Hello. I assume you're Ombra?"
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Truth? I didn't know what his dream room would look like, either. Needed time to think it up.

The Shadowlands
    Aquaeris turned, and, seeing Ombra, smiles. He splits in two shades, one of which enters his room, the other of which quietly bows to Ombra and says, in a highly formal but kind and compassionate tone,"Hello. I assume you're Ombra?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    'kay

Yes. He replied, still staring at the fire. I am Ombra, prince of shadows and divine vigilante. He placed his sleeves together, and when he spoke he sounded distracted and detached. What brings you to my plane?

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #193

BlueWizardGirl

Monte Mora: The Docklands

A cloaked figure paces the docks anxiously, as if looking for something. The cloak worn is large, brown, and thick, covering head and torso. He looks like a short man with a hunchback, covered by the cloak. The figure's eyes are covered as well, so he is constantly trying to fix it so he can see, and looking around. It seems that he is trying not to draw attention to himself, but failing miserably. He is constantly glancing constantly at a paper held, and looking back up.
    He glances up, sees something in the distance, and begins to walk briskly towards it. In the crowd of people and without proper sight, the man accidentally collides with Jib. He falls to the ground, and his paper goes flying. His cloak was slightly unhinged in the fall, and he fumbles to cover his face. The observant onlooker will see a glint of bright orange from his eyes.
    Jib was walking down the dock, looking out at the ships in stead of in front of him. When he collided with a cloaked figure, the cloaked figure fell down. Jb fell to the ground as well, only he didn't drop anything. He got up quickly, and offered help by picking up the cloaked character's paper. "Hey, what gives? Anyway, here's your paper back." Though he glances down at it for a second before offering it by a hand."The name's Jib by the way. Say, you don't know where the ships at the dock are going, do you? I'm trying to get out of this place." Jib said with a grin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

14. - Top - End - #194

Monte Mora: Inner City

"It is certainly quite different here" Garner replies, smiling back "I think you'll find Monte Mora a lot less lonely." The platform stopped at a level of flat stone with several buildings resting on the indent in the face of the mountain. The other Elthien had already landed, and rejoined the pair, leading his mount. He then broke off, and headed to the stables. The couple walked onward to a building located centrally on the floor. He leader her around the back door and ushers her in.

The paper reads
    Recruting:
    It then includes a large depicting of a ship.
    Captain Tark is recruiting now! Untold lands await! See The captain for details. Disembarking on (today's date).

"Sorry" the stranger garbled, and "Thanks" when Jib got the paper. There was something distinctively low and unnatural about the voice. "My name is- Tikip." was the introductory response. The spacing on that sentence was horribly unnatural- was the name fake?
    The stranger then moved very close to Jib, and whispered in a higher pitched voice that was almost feminine "Come with me. I am too."

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Death's Mansion

"I understand uncle, good luck. But be... gentle, I think Kiolasa is more disturbed by his daughter's death than he is willing to let on."

Even as she spoke the Crone took her place with the shards of the Reaper's Scythe in hand, "Sorry it took me so long, but here they are."
    Excellent work Gwyn, or should I call you The Crone?
    Physical appearance means little to Belsheroth.
    Anyway... That is of no matter...
    He took the shards of his scythe into his hand and examined them. They were well and truly fragmented, and the three thousand years locked in the vault beneath the temple had rendered the wood of the shaft too fragile to be used. But still, the blade could be reforged and a new shaft of a stronger, more resilient wood crafted...
    Boxwood maybe? No... That was too light in colour... Something from the Forests then... Voidwood it would have to be...
    And he set to work. In the Forests, a branch from an ancient tree fell to the ground before vanishing and in the sky, the light of a few faint stars diminished and then returned. Using his divine power, these ingredients were shaped and the blade of the scythe reforged.
    Belsheroth held the scythe up to the light and admired it.
    A true weapon to represent me, if I do say so myself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 8
    Craft Relic: The Starscythe. 4 AP
    The blade is crystallised starlight and the shaft is of voidwood, a tree native to the Forests of Starlight with wood as black as night with the occasional silver streak. These are among the strongest materials in existence, made stronger by the divine power of Belsheroth.
    Like Kiloasa's Obsidian Axe, the Scythe can cut through anything. +2 RCR. Remaining AP: 4

Outside the Rings of Geasa

Gwyn appeared inside the orbit of the moon. She held out a hand and Citadel seemingly made from gold (not really, it's very shiny iron) appeared there. Innumerble spires reached for the Void beyond. Sometimes, when the moon was full, one could see the sunlight reflecting off the spires.
    Belsheroth looks up at the Dark Moon and sees the light reflect off the spires. He should have to travel there when he was able.

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Journey to Snowpoint

"You should reallychoose your words more carefully, Stephen." Madame Woodsworth replied, she placed a very strong emphasis on the lack of a title in King Stephen's name. "The Druids do their work in secret, not for accolades or power like the clergy does. We kept Snowpoint and Calasanctium free from the rule of the dragons during the Ice Age, when the priesthood was too scared to step outside their temple because they worried so much about a little frostbite. The Ice Giants and Dragons do not inspire fear in us, so why should you? We had a deal, Stephen, If you don't hold up your end of the bargain, why little children might end up falling over sick from strange illnesses. The workers in your factories might find their machinery clogged up with mold and fungus every morning, and every man, woman or child that tries to clear it away falls down dead from toxic poisoning. The skies over Snowpoint covered in black coal ash so thick that the sun itself would become a myth. I'm sure you don't want that, Stephen it would be a terrible black mark on the record of the last member of your dynasty. Imagine what the people would say? 'Oh woe is us, if only we had an honorable and just king with more spine than your average sea slug, we wouldn't have had to worry about the clergy throwing us all under the metallic boot of Merolle and scraped off by the Scythe of Belsheroth while they pursued their greed and self righteous superiority over the common man!'

Do you really want to be the last king of Calasanctium, Stephen? Because I can make that happen." Usually Madame Woodsworth's words all ran together, but that last sentence was as sharp and clear as the crystal knife she kept tucked in her boot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    First: Snow Haven, not Snowpoint. And they're going to Old Calasanctium to see the High Ecclesiarch.
    Did I leave that vague and ambiguous?

And the King's words could be just as icy and full of threat as well.
    Oh really? So the work of the Knights and of the Church over the past three thousand years was nothing? Both organisations have worked more for this Kingdom than any druid could ever do.
    In the great plague of 1279, where were the druids? Nowhere. The Church saved the children from death and kept our society from fracturing.
    When the Kingdoms of the North invaded in 1834, where were the druids? Nowhere. The Knights fought back the armies that sought to destroy us.
    I would watch your words if I were you. It would be a shame if I had to arrest you for treason...

Spoiler
    Show
    Really... Her knowledge of history is really bad... I mean... The Guardian Temple was overrun with snow and ice during the Ice Age, so the Church was forced to abandon it and move South.
    But then, she doesn't care about historical accuracy, probably because she's deluding herself.
    And she's got some powerful charms. Usually, he'd have her arrested for treason and strung up from the nearest tree already...
    And the calendar he is using dates from the year when the gods went into hibernation.

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Snowpoint Factories

"I been workin' at this factory for 30...cough*cough... years!" Shouted one of the Factory Foremen. He was gathered in front of a large crowd of workers, each of them holding up picket signs and shouting angrily. "I done gone to the priests every year cuz o' this damned cough and they always told me nothing was wrong! Well I knew they was lyin' so I went to one o' them Druids and he told me I was dyin of BlackLung! This damn factory been killin' all of us and nobody cares! I went back to the priests and told 'em what that Druid said. They told me there weren't nothing they could do anymores. They had thirty years to fix the problem and ain't done nothin! Now we're all gonna die and its they's fault! So you know what? I ain't gonna work here no more. I'm going home to my family. I'm going to die with the people I love, and their factory can shut down and sink to the center of the earth for all I care!"

All across Calasanctium speeches like that were being given. Some were plants, done by Madame Woodsworth and her cohorts, others were simply people who were angry and scared and fed up with the way they were being treated.

Soon, fires and rioting and looting broke out in the general populace as Madame Woodsworth's druids made the black evil of the factories known to the populace. It wouldn't be long before the kingdom would be in ruins.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Her and her false propaganda. The clerics are healing everyone who comes to them for healing.
    And what could a druid do about Blacklung?
    Really... You have a religious organisation who doesn't rule over a country imperiously like they can legally do so, and everyone starts blaming them for everything...

Snowhaven

The Acting Captain within the Calasanctium Kingdom crumpled up a piece of paper and let out an animalistic growl. Jerome, the only Vampire who had stayed within the borders of Calasancti, stood over his desk, he was about to burst. There were two legions of knights left here. 3 had been sent south and five were with Eric.

The peasants had picked now to revolt, there were other forces at work here he knew it. Several horrific stories had started and not all of them from the nobles. One involved counselor Shooth's death. The counselor was a piece of crap, he could understand killing her, but the girl, the little girl? Not even the nobles did that, not with the knights watching over them. What the peasants seemed to forget, is that there weren't better warriors in the world. That knights, killed. Dragons.

He looked at the report again, if this was what the rebels acted like, he didn't have a problem slaughtering them. All of them.

That day, the rebels were marching on the capital. When they saw an entire legion of knights in front of them. The Second Lieutenant, Acting Captain Jerome approahed.

"I understand you have grievances with the council, believe me I do. But remember, you are marching into the Capital! Armed!."

He drew his sword. Was there ever anything anywhere near as frightening as seeing 5,000 knights on horseback ready lance against you? It was doubtful the peasants had ever seen anything of the like.

"If you disperse? We will not follow you. We will not harm you. Gather again? We will find you. Continue your march? We will kill all of you."

His voice reverberated further than a human's should. These were not threats, they were the promises of someone sworn never to lie.

Spoiler
    Show
    Remember in any description Knights have +8 to RCR, I'm pretty sure only the Vargullfi (and Hallorn) are anywhere near that.

Sorry about this, you can still almost succeed but the knights would not ignore open rebellion, even for these reasons. If proper channels were explored? Yeah they wouldn't do this, they'd probably be on the other side. But they started rioting, so yeah, this is the result.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I should probably be less vague about this: The King and his secular government operates out of Snow Haven. The Capital, or Old Calasanctium, lies further to the North and is the seat of the Council and the site of the Guardian Temple.
    So, I'm slightly confused as to how Jerome got to Old Calasanctium so quickly from Snow Haven... But I'm going to assume that's what happened.

A white-robed figure on a white horse rode out from the gate of the city and to the front of the legion of Knights.
    By the silver and sapphire medallion around his neck, it was clear that this was the High Ecclesiarch.
    Hold Sir Knight. If the people have grievances, I shall speak with them.
    He turned to the crowd.
    People of Calasanctium. You have been incited to march against the Council that resides in the Guardian Temple. I know that there must be cause for this, so thus, I shall hear what you have to say. Choose seven among you to come forward and speak to me.
    If you have need of food and water while our discussion is under way, I shall send for it.

Deep down, Nameth was very worried. The Herald hadn't come to see them after the sign and war was going on in the North. And now rebellion and wild accusations against the Church.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for interjecting like that, but Nameth has to try and reach some kind of understanding, it's in his job description.

Free Port

The spell that maintained the illusion that Nureen was only in her early forties had dissipated and she looked her full age. She coughed and spoke.
    I'm hardly a girl Doctor. And you're right, we need to get out of this alley way.
    How's Marren?

The City of Galnkan - Kasak's hideout

A bolt of fire appeared from nowhere and headed toward Kasak. He raised a barrier and dispersed it.
    No. Don't do it that way. How many times do I have to tell you... Resist the fire, feel its heat and not be burnt.
    I'm sorry, it's not exactly an easy thing to do!
    Several bolts appeared from all directions and Kasak found that his barrier couldn't withstand the barrage. It broke and he was forced to rely on the new technique. The flames washed over him, but he felt no pain.
    Very good. You've mastered that technique.
    Could you warn me before you start sending fire from every direction?!?! I could have been cooked!
    You were fine. I knew you were capable.
    Now... What else do we have to learn...

Banishment, advanced astronomical calculations and the theory of reverse healing.
    Hmm... We don't have time for any more astronomy... And the theory of reverse healing is rather pointless. You'll work it out on your own. But I can't teach you banishment as the only test subject is yourself.
    Unless you're willing to track down a ghost or a daemon or something?

I'll be fine, thank you. I've had enough experience with ghosts in the past.
    Kasak shuddered as he remembered the horror of Lich-Rule.
    Well... It would appear your training is done...
    Finally! Maybe I can actu-
    He started coughing, and a few grains of sand were expelled from his lungs. Before his eyes, they grew into an amulet of obsidian, an amethyst at its heat, that hovered in the air before him.
    Subconsciously, he reached his hand out to grasp it.
    Be warned, if you take up that amulet, you will take up the burden I have prepared for you, and your life will revolve around it.
    At this point, I can easily revoke my teachings from your mind if you desire to turn from this path, but if you take up that medallion, there is no going back.

Kasak gave no heed to the warning and took the amulet, placing it around his neck. The voice that had accompanied him this past week was gone from his mind. Save for a faint whisper.
    Should you ever need me, you know how to find me.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #196

Death's Mansion

The Crone disappeared from the mansion and the world, for a time.

The Knights

"Very well sire, but I hold under protest."

Free Port

Sophia smiles, "Sorry, old habit."

Then Nureen wakes up, Sophia was only mildly taken aback at her change in appearence.

Sophia exhales in relief and goes over to Marren, "I think he's okay, just unconcious. We need to get him some place safe."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-17 at 07:31 AM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

17. - Top - End - #197

The Shadowlands
    "I honestly need to know something. Have you ever been lonely?"

The Void
    A shard of Aquaeris popped into existence near Gwyn. "Yes?"

Monte Mora
    The Aímancer gracefully stepped in after Garner.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    The Shadowlands
    "I honestly need to know something. Have you ever been lonely?"
    It would be simpler to write a list of the times I wasn't lonely. He said quietly. Yes, I have been lonely.

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #199

The Void

Gwyn was just thinking about going back to Anreydu, when Aqaerius appeared.

"Greetings Aqaerius, I will explain why I've asked you here in due time. I've invited Lilli as well and from the movements in magic,"

She closed her eyes, "I think I need to invite Kipt." With that a mental message went out to Kipt asking him to join them in the Void.

Her eyes opened and she looked at Aqaerius concerned, "Are you all right? I realize we haven't spoken at length, but you seem a little off."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

I'm over 3000 years old. To me, you're a little girl.

The Doctor glanced to Sophia. We need to avoid the Blur and Big Momma. Do the knights have anywhere in this city you could stay? Anywhere we go Big Momma will know, but at least in a bastion of the knights we can prepare properly for an assault.

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #201

The Shadowlands
    Aquaeris quietly nodded. He knew something was not ordinary here, and he had no reason to further bother Ombra.
    "Have a good..... Day, night, whatever."
    He glided up the stairs.

The Void
    Aquaeris' eyes grew dark with pain. He molted into the form of a young man, but with eyes sleepless for thousands of years, full of worry and pain of night and day.
    "I am not well."
    Lights danced around him, like the very smallest hint of an aura. The colors were faded, but in the muted colors Gwyn could see plaintive innocence, pain, cold, bleak unease, failure, and yet a quiet dignity. And through it, haunting chords of menancholy, though faint, tinted the whole glow blue.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

22. - Top - End - #202

Free Port

She thought a moment, "Yes! There's a temple of Belsheroth somewhere in West quarter, my mentor Augustine is the cleric!" She picks up Marren, without much trouble.

"But you're right, we need to hurry."

How could she not have thought of that before? Her eyes drooped from sheer exhaustion, O! That was why.

The Void

Gwyn frowns, "What brought you to this state? Is it a lingering effect of the Plague?"
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-17 at 04:15 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

23. - Top - End - #203

The Void

Kipt arrived a little too jovial for the mood Aqaeris had set. "Hey, Gwyn, whatsup? Thanks for inviting me. Hey bro-" he pauses, seeing Aqaeris's pain. "Is something wrong? I'm not walking in on something, am I?"

Monte Mora: Guard HQ

Inside the building are a line of empty chairs, three tables with chairs around them, and two desks in the back. It is a relatively small room with a few people in it. A few guards sit at a table playing some sort of game with wood ships and dice, and there are chips for a third who is not present. At one desk sits Edrun, who is not hard to distinguish as a leader of the guards. He is talking to a older-middle aged Elthien woman dressed in simple cloths.
    Garner directs her to the row of chairs by the door while waiting. Alene can overhear that the woman is from the fertile valley and is issuing a missing persons on her daughter. Edrun is assuring her that the guard will do all it can. Several of the dicing guards look at them, and Garner waves in a friendly manner. One will also notice that a section of the back wall is made of clear glass, and a tavern is on the other side. Posted to the wall are notices from the guard, and some are posted to the other side. They are meant to be read from the tavern side, and trying to do so from the guard HQ is near impossible.
    When Edrun finishes talking with the Elthein woman, Garner stands up, and crosses over to his desk. "Chief" he says solemnly "I've got some bad news." Edrun looks reasonably concerned when he asks "What happened? It wasn't Fell Knives again, was it?" Garner nods "But first, this is Alene, she is a friend." He then continues to explain how the assassins had attacked and killed Akric, and the role that she had played in it. "I see." he says after the story is done "The attacks have been getting worse and worse. Something needs to be done. First things first, tell me, Alene, with Akric dead we need someone who can enable our Kalpans to breathe air. Is that in your powers?"

24. - Top - End - #204

BlueWizardGirl

Monte Mora docks

Kitip notices exactly what he's looking for on the paper, and after Kitip suggests he should follow him, he mutters. "Sure, I'm up for it." Jib thinks for a minnite at what kind of luck he just had. Adventure doesn't always just bump into you and take you somewhere at the exact time you are looking for trouble. "Let's go." And he motions to kipt that he will follow him.

Mirage Empire refugee camp.

The sudden entrance of these animals stunned the goblins at the camp. The cretaum sent a group to ask about it. They saw Lloyonas and answered their question, "We are." He examined the scenario for a moment and continued, "Who are you, and what are these animals? Surely your intentions are good, but I have never seen anything like you or them before." He left off there, waiting for a response from the Lloyonas.

The Mirage Empire, Tulmany

Reddulch spoke, " With two leaders missing, we need all but two to agree on something to make a change that I cannot do myself. these two cannot both be goblins or the Cretaum would outdo them and their voices would not be heard. Leon, I will speak about the recovery, and what has already happened, and then you will give us your input on the economics of it all." He cleared his thought before continuing. He stood and took in a breath. "[COLOR="Olive"] We now occupy all of the Lokab Empire territory, and the name of our new empire is the Mirage Empire. All of the migrations and refugee camps are working, healing, and growing, but it will be slow. There are rumors of war coming, and we will not be ready if it hits us yet. The Cretaum are strong, we are hard to beat in a fight, being taller and heavier than other races. We will demonstrate this strength if the time comes. We have plenty of water and food, but we lack raw materials. There is enough stone to go around, so most of our buildings are made out of that, but we lack in many other resources. To my knowledge, we have sent a caravan to Freeport, but they aren't going to be there until tomorrow morning. Our people have culture! We are tribes, one with the desert! but now, we are vulnerable, and regrowing things that haven't always been ours. We can be stronger than ever before, stronger than the war in the north. But we are not yet. So, Leon, I leave you with the request of advice for recovery, prosperity, trade, and strength." He looked confident that he meant what he said. He thought for a while about the implications and almost missed the first part of Leon's say.

Leon was eager to make a speech, as if he has been preparing it for a week, which he kind of has been. "Drestin will arrive at Freeport soon and ask about a trade route. After that, we will send him to the brass gnomes to ask them about a trade route. The only thing that will make us recover from taking in the Lokabs is time and resources. With more resources, we can reduce the amount of time. But we don't have more resources. We have raw materials in the desert, but we can't trade them unless we get them out of the ground. We have crude, which we can sell to the brass gnomes. We have stone, which we use to make strong buildings, always building on steady dirt in stead of the dunes. The scattered mountains and hills have Iron and silver, which we should mine up, and make use of. We have sand and glass, we should sell glass works of art, and forged things. Another note, I feel like we should take advantage of magic. We can heal and recuperate more quickly if we have clerics at the camps. In short, I think we should set up a group of miners, a group of people who use forges to make glass and metal smiths, and a cleric group to help recovery. With those things we should be able to recover quickly, and prosper into a good, strong nation. Long live the Mirage Empire!"

Reddulch sighed, that was a lot. "Okay then, I propose we pursue these things. Leon is completely right. We will vote on the following ideas: Having our leaders practice Divine magic, and the idea of a trade cycle of miners and smiths." The voting process was slow. The goblins formerly of the Lokab Empire where hesitant about divine magic but loved the idea of mining and Smithing. The Kilos, Glon, and Lemond leaders had an issue with mining, and selling our culture's glass art.

Spoiler
    Show
    If an organization I created creates does something that would cost AP if I did it myself, do I still have to spend AP on it? I know I will for the clerics, or they wouldn't have any power, but creating a guild of miners and glass/blacksmiths would be within the power of a government. If it's an issue I will spend AP.

Michael
    Michael had been helping with the relief effort in his part of the desert. He hadn't spoken to his tribe since before they left Shreddokk. He's been busting criminals and using his power to get people together. He feels like he should go back to tribe Kilos soon, he misses his kin. He thinks for a minute, and asks Sofia, "was there something specific you wanted me to do? I want to share with my tribe the greatness that Aquaeris has gifted me with."

Drestin

They had been walking over the desert for some time, all day, in fact.. Drestin said to the others, "My sense of direction hasn't always been the best, but Freeport should only be another half a day's walk from here. Leon will be glad we are getting there soon. Let's make camp here for the night." They where tired. They made camp, and slept.

Tresingiis

Tresingiis finally had some time to chill out finally, and think about what he wants to do. He looked over the desert, and saw that things where working themselves out now. He wished to thank Aquaeris for helping Michael to be so responsible where he was, but he didn't really think a gift would be prudent. What would you get as a gift for someone else who can have anything they want. He thought of helping the Mirage Empire more, but decided he should leave it to the mortals for now. Tresingiis decided to go to the Mistlands to see if anyone was home. He left the Mistlands in quite a hurry when he went to the desert.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205

The Void
    Aquaeris smiled wanly. "My mission, I fear, has failed."
    "Once I walked beside brooks and mossy dells. My family, Kiloasa, Aor, and I. I was the sea, Kiloasa the forests, and Aor the deserts-mostly."
    "Kiloasa and I were loyal and staunch to each other, but Aor walked a different path. She saw things differently, jealously guarding her goblin lieges, changed from the gnomes of Geasa by Kiloasa."
    "She once let the river that fed them die for seasons on end. I loved life, all of it, so I created a river for them that never stopped flowing. I sent my people to trade with them. I helped them personally, as a mortal. They loved me and worshiped me."
    "She then awoke and barraged me with accusations: I had stolen her children from her, possibly could have killed her through lack of prayer. I vanished in grief, after trying to get her to see I was trying to save her children."
    "Kiloasa tried to make her see, but she said she made the goblins and denied him. I was guilty and went to Isanloff to repent. Still, she never forgave me. I need universal joy, and love is part of that. So is honor. I need to honor my pledge to Isanloff yet, and reconcile with her. I have failed. She may never speak to me again."

He sighed. "But that does not matter. Lead on, White Star and Flower of Joy."

Michael
    Sofia said, "You should go to your tribe. I would like to come with you, if you'd allow."
    She smiled shyly at him.

Monte Mora
    "I know a good deal of Druidism as well. Hang on."
    A force like carbonation rippled through both of them. For ten minutes, she concentrated. Then, she smiled and relaxed. "It is done."
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

26. - Top - End - #206

The Void

"I'm so sorry, Aqaeris" Kip says, refusing to move on. "You got a bad rep with Aor, but you had nothing but good intentions. It sounds like you have tricked yourself into believing yourself to be the bad guy in this. Although I never truly met her, Aor and I perhaps had more in common than any other of Kiloasa's children, and- if it helps- I want you to know that I love you." Kipt embraces Aqaeris, and a single tear falls down his right cheek which he wipes away "Brother"

The stranger who calls himself Tikip nods, and points at a ship on the other side of the docks matching that on the paper. It sits in the direction that the cloaked figure took off in originally, and is only a short walk away.
    Once the pair reaches the ship, a man is sitting on a fence on the walkway leading on to the ship. He is a well built man with a thick but short dark beard and hair, and vivid green eyes. He wears leather armor with a cloak that looks like a waterfall to match his flags. As they approach, he calls out "Hey! You there! Young boy and old man! Looking for adventure? Come to join my crew?" He smiles at them invitingly.

Monte Mora: Guard HQ

"Thank you" Edrun responds earnestly "in these troubled times we can use all the help we can get. Now tell me, do you know anything about our adversaries? The Fell Knives, that is."

27. - Top - End - #207

BlueWizardGirl

Monte Mora Docks

Jib looks up at the man sitting on the fence, and responds to his question, "Yeah, I'll join your crew. Off to strange new lands, right? That should be perfect, I've never gotten out of this city and I want to see the world." He thinks about it for a second after he speaks. He had been friendly enough up until now, but he looks nervous. He just bumped into a suspicious cloaked figure, and offered to join the crew of another odd character. "Who else is going?" He said that with a lot less confidence, but quickly regained his focus.

Michael

" Sure, we always keep a place open for company. I'll be glad to show you around once we get there."
    Michael didn't notice the smile, he was too busy thinking of home. " we should leave soon, we can get there quickly if we fly "

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208

The Void
    Aquaeris smiled. He embraced Kipt. "Thank you, my brother. It does matter. A lot."
    A tear splashed from his eye, and Kipt's fused with it. It formed into a bright gem. He put it in the gallery of art in Coralia, with his mind.
    He suddenly looked a lot younger in strength and vigor. He laughed in joy.
    "Thank you, brother. Now I have healed."

Monte Mora
    "Not a lot, I'm afraid. I do know they are despicable and a waste of lives. I do know they use a strange magic for scrying, called Divination. I've learned it, but very imperfectly."

Michael
    "Sure. Let's fly."
    She raised her wings and soared, waiting for Michael.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

29. - Top - End - #209

The Void

Gwyn's frown only deepened, she didn't hear anything that was necessarily Aqaerius's fault and from what she had heard, Aor was not in her right mind. Still, this was a family matter and she was an outsider.

She looked at Aqaerius and was amazed at the change in him.

Having only one (two) strong emotional experience in her life left her ill equipped to help others going through the same thing. Yet Kipt could, she wondered if she should ask his advice?

No, not about that, why would she think about that?

"I had invited one other, when she arrives we may begin."

Spoiler
    Show
    Got ninja'd
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-17 at 04:13 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

30. - Top - End - #210

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdelf View Post
    Monte Mora Docks

Jib looks up at the man sitting on the fence, and responds to his question, "Yeah, I'll join your crew. Off to strange new lands, right? That should be perfect, I've never gotten out of this city and I want to see the world." He thinks about it for a second after he speaks. He had been friendly enough up until now, but he looks nervous. He just bumped into a suspicious cloaked figure, and offered to join the crew of another odd character. "Who else is going?" He said that with a lot less confidence, but quickly regained his focus.
    "Well we have ourselves a crew." The man replies as if that much should be obvious "The Ocean Rover don't sail by herself." He adds, gesturing at the ship behind him. It is a fairly large ship with three big sails. "You've got the right attitude, kid. We're sailin' 'ever the wind takes us." He nods at Jib, then turns to the person hiding under cloak. "You feel the same as the boy?" The stranger keeps quiet, and looks up at the bearded man "What? you don't talk much? Well, come aboard anyways."
    A few guards appeared on the dock, and upon seeing them, Tikip made haste to vanish beneath the ship. The guards questioned the bearded man, Captain Tark, for a few minutes. Then, satisfied with the ship's unusual mission moved on.

The Void

"I am happy to help" he says, putting an arm on Aqaeris's shoulder. "Ooh, who else is comming?" Kipt continues excitedly.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-07-17 at 10:42 PM.