Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 717
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Action? I don't know, sir. Priority Asset just means that you get whatever you want! Full access to all Clinic resources!" Andy's new assistant suddenly wraps her arms around the two Sec-workers flanking her, grinning. They try to extricate themselves from her vice grip, but it is to no avail. "And these two ladies will be guarding you twenty-four seven! So get used to them!"
    Andy appears a bit embarrassed by that fact and holds his hands up like he want to push them away.

    "Eh.. No need for that I think I'm not new in the Nexus and know for the danger."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

    Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Murkus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    [Lobby]

    The two are left to themselves, for the most part. Their conversation is recorded from cameras high above, and Sec personnel watch them steadily, but Vesa's employers make no move to stop her.

    [Surgical Wing]

    "However extensive you want it to be, man," Dexter explains, bringing a small scanning device over to play across the Centurion's head. 876 might note a low hum emanating from the object. "We want foreign tech. That's all. R&D loves this kinda stuff. Your kinda stuff."

    [Labs]

    "If you're so interested in helping people for free, why don't you help us? We only pull in so much, because of the work-contract policy. My sister's private funds and Elexxion's financial support are the only things keeping us from going under," Naitiri protests, frowning. She truly has no more money to spare on this little endeavor. Or at least, no money she wants to spare.

    Andy - Halls

    "Oh, Maxwell insists! Please, don't worry about a thing," the assistant attests, giving her companions one last squeeze before relinquishing her hold on them. They stop, at last, in a chrome hallway that ends with a window. Near the end, on the far left, is a sliding door. "C'mon, we'll show you!"

    If Andy chooses to enter, he'll find a comfortable art-deco design waiting for him. Comfortable looking, red-leather chairs with circular arms face out a large window, overlooking the city. A curvy counter stands off to the right, tended by a set of dangling robotic arms and a single strange-looking appliance. A drink is being prepared right now, it appears.

    Lower in the room, down a wide set of stairs to the left, is the actual labspace. It's open, comfortable, and flawlessly organized. A variety of basic scientific equipment is available, but nothing too advanced as of yet. The whole room feels like a work of art, with a crisp, cool, quiet atmosphere.

    "This is what we have so far." The assistant says bouncily, waiting for further instructions. The security personnel stand off to the side, shifting their weight or shuffling their feet.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-31 at 12:11 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

    Spoiler
    Show
    In a dream I found a place
    of rotting meat and eldritch grace
    and looked upon his primordial face
    and from my thoughts could not erase
    that sense of time that sense of space
    and my heart the darkness did embrace.

    -Johanna Stokes


    Nexus Characters

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    C'nor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Avatar by Kasanip

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Vesa's bell slides back and settles into standby position on her back, revealing her silvery hair and grey eyes, along with her pallor---more "needs an undertaker" than "needs a tan".
    "That's good... there are some things I will need to tell you about how I got here, assuming my superiors do not forbid it."
    Alia nods, looking over Vesa to see how she's changed since the last time they saw each other

    "If you're allowed to tell me, I'll be happy to hear them. They have anything to do with why you're even paler than your usual snowy shade?"
    Last edited by C'nor; 2012-07-31 at 12:08 PM.
    Plague Rat in the Playground

    Quote Originally Posted by SJ Tucker, Firebird's Child
    Wonders of the water air and earth are all the same
    you'll never know a wonder like the wonders of the flame!
    Freely fly as what you are and never walk in shame;
    You must not fear to blister if you'd live a life in flame -
    I am girl and firebird and solace is my name!

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Beans's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SHROMPESTA

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Alia nods, looking over Vesa to see how she's changed since the last time they saw each other

    "If you're allowed to tell me, I'll be happy to hear them. They have anything to do with why you're even paler than your usual snowy shade?"
    "Oh, that? That results from being technically deceased."

    She's not joking. Vesa doesn't joke.
    Alia may also see the barest traces of some new scars that have been mostly covered up by the Clinic's expertise, as well as notice the wires going from the bell to the back of Vesa's neck and the higher-quality bodysuit she wears.
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-07-31 at 01:08 PM.

    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

    Devour (Alt/What-If, COMPLETED)
    Nycca Eat Nothing (Canon, DISCONTINUED)

    Spoiler: Standard reactions to Beans.
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...What?
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsar View Post
    A snake butt.
    That made my day.


  5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mindfreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    EIAC - Labs
    "Because I don't know if you're in it for the money or just for helping people. Dave is in it to help people. He spends most of his time at his clinic, working tirelessly at his own expense. Can you say the same?"
    Jane had figured she was dealing with the type of people who just want to make money, unlike her father.
    Whom she idolizes.
    Infernal Mindfreak selling Hell as Heaven by Savanna. Thank you, love!
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    I am without Internet

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    C'nor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Avatar by Kasanip

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    "Oh, that? That results from being technically deceased."

    She's not joking. Vesa doesn't joke.
    Alia may also see the barest traces of some new scars that have been mostly covered up by the Clinic's expertise, as well as notice the wires going from the bell to the back of Vesa's neck and the higher-quality bodysuit she wears.
    Alia seems a bit surprised by that, but takes it well enough. She's seen enough crazy things that Vesa being undead is, while odd, not too shocking.

    "I see. You might want to hold off on telling Chameleon that until she's had a chance to be around you again for a while... I'm not sure she'd take it very well if she didn't have a chance to see that you're still you first."
    Plague Rat in the Playground

    Quote Originally Posted by SJ Tucker, Firebird's Child
    Wonders of the water air and earth are all the same
    you'll never know a wonder like the wonders of the flame!
    Freely fly as what you are and never walk in shame;
    You must not fear to blister if you'd live a life in flame -
    I am girl and firebird and solace is my name!

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Beans's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SHROMPESTA

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    [Lobby]
    Indeed; she has always been somewhat sensitive.
    Her Sensacles look Alia over from various angles and her hands remain on the other woman's shoulders.

    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

    Devour (Alt/What-If, COMPLETED)
    Nycca Eat Nothing (Canon, DISCONTINUED)

    Spoiler: Standard reactions to Beans.
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...What?
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsar View Post
    A snake butt.
    That made my day.


  8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    C'nor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Avatar by Kasanip

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    [Lobby]

    Alia nods.

    "And dead people who are still alive don't exactly have the best reputation back home."


    Vesa will find that Alia to have been through a fire at some point, judging by the charred sections on her suit, and that it's sustained some other damage as well, as it has several claw marks scarring it, and what appear to be a few dings from bullets.
    Plague Rat in the Playground

    Quote Originally Posted by SJ Tucker, Firebird's Child
    Wonders of the water air and earth are all the same
    you'll never know a wonder like the wonders of the flame!
    Freely fly as what you are and never walk in shame;
    You must not fear to blister if you'd live a life in flame -
    I am girl and firebird and solace is my name!

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Murkus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    EIAC - Labs
    "Because I don't know if you're in it for the money or just for helping people. Dave is in it to help people. He spends most of his time at his clinic, working tirelessly at his own expense. Can you say the same?"
    Jane had figured she was dealing with the type of people who just want to make money, unlike her father.
    Whom she idolizes.
    "We're in it for both. I work for a multiversal corporation, Jane. They expect some profit, in the long run," Naitiri says, frowning a little bit. She had thought people might see the Clinic this way. "And I've been here every day, 24-7, for the past week. I feed people, cloth them, return their limbs. Save their children." Her brow furrows, a little angry, and stung at Jane's accusation. "I do what I can. I'm not independently wealthy, like your father, or my sister. I'm just... getting by, that's all."
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

    Spoiler
    Show
    In a dream I found a place
    of rotting meat and eldritch grace
    and looked upon his primordial face
    and from my thoughts could not erase
    that sense of time that sense of space
    and my heart the darkness did embrace.

    -Johanna Stokes


    Nexus Characters

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Andy - Halls

    "Oh, Maxwell insists! Please, don't worry about a thing," the assistant attests, giving her companions one last squeeze before relinquishing her hold on them. They stop, at last, in a chrome hallway that ends with a window. Near the end, on the far left, is a sliding door. "C'mon, we'll show you!"

    If Andy chooses to enter, he'll find a comfortable art-deco design waiting for him. Comfortable looking, red-leather chairs with circular arms face out a large window, overlooking the city. A curvy counter stands off to the right, tended by a set of dangling robotic arms and a single strange-looking appliance. A drink is being prepared right now, it appears.

    Lower in the room, down a wide set of stairs to the left, is the actual labspace. It's open, comfortable, and flawlessly organized. A variety of basic scientific equipment is available, but nothing too advanced as of yet. The whole room feels like a work of art, with a crisp, cool, quiet atmosphere.

    "This is what we have so far." The assistant says bouncily, waiting for further instructions. The security personnel stand off to the side, shifting their weight or shuffling their feet.
    Andy - Halls

    "Eh... this looks like some kind of movie Lab. Normaly useless for real researches just good for show off."
    he sais.

    Then he goes around and observes the whole room especially the labspace. testing all tools scaning the materials there and such.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

    Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mindfreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    EIAC - Labs
    "Dave? Independently wealthy? Far from it. He was a medical advisor at Umbrella and made around $60,000 a year. He worked there for not even a decade, sunk a good deal of that money into the bank, and then only got a fraction of his retirement fund when he quit. He sunk all the money he had into a new house and into that clinic of his, and has been running on mostly donations and favors from people he's helped over the years since then."
    She stood up and rubbed the back of her neck.
    "You know what, I think I'm going to get Dave back here. I'll be good on my own."
    She looks around for a phone she might be able to use!
    Infernal Mindfreak selling Hell as Heaven by Savanna. Thank you, love!
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    I am without Internet

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Beans's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SHROMPESTA

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Lobby]

    Alia nods.

    "And dead people who are still alive don't exactly have the best reputation back home."


    Vesa will find that Alia to have been through a fire at some point, judging by the charred sections on her suit, and that it's sustained some other damage as well, as it has several claw marks scarring it, and what appear to be a few dings from bullets.
    Your equipment seems... battered.
    If you were to join up with the Clinic, it could be repaired and improved as mine has been.

    One hand leaves Alia's shoulder to neaten her indigo hair; it seems a little odd (or really creepy) but Alia and perhaps some of Vesa's superiors probably know by now that if she's willing to maintain physical contact with you, you're pretty special.

    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

    Devour (Alt/What-If, COMPLETED)
    Nycca Eat Nothing (Canon, DISCONTINUED)

    Spoiler: Standard reactions to Beans.
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...What?
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsar View Post
    A snake butt.
    That made my day.


  13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    C'nor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Avatar by Kasanip

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Your equipment seems... battered.
    If you were to join up with the Clinic, it could be repaired and improved as mine has been.

    One hand leaves Alia's shoulder to neaten her indigo hair; it seems a little odd (or really creepy) but Alia and perhaps some of Vesa's superiors probably know by now that if she's willing to maintain physical contact with you, you're pretty special.
    Alia doesn't seem to mind, judging by the soft smile she gets when Vesa fixes her hair. She's well aware that even being wiling to be touched by someone for more than a handshake isn't all that normal for the other girl. Besides which, Alia's never had a problem with being touched by her friends, and she likes Vesa, and, more importantly, as it's even rarer, trusts her.

    "It has been through rather a lot. And if they'll have me, then that's the plan, especially now I know you're here."


    ((By the way, a new entry is up in Dreams and Nightmares.))
    Last edited by C'nor; 2012-07-31 at 04:18 PM.
    Plague Rat in the Playground

    Quote Originally Posted by SJ Tucker, Firebird's Child
    Wonders of the water air and earth are all the same
    you'll never know a wonder like the wonders of the flame!
    Freely fly as what you are and never walk in shame;
    You must not fear to blister if you'd live a life in flame -
    I am girl and firebird and solace is my name!

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Beans's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SHROMPESTA

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    She nods briefly.
    I would not suggest dying just yet, though. The transition might not be as easy for you as it was for me.
    She sips from her ever-present water bottle, a habit she had back with Tempest. Unless, that is, you are very keen to have plugs in your neck and spine for data and power and the need for food bothers you.
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-07-31 at 05:05 PM.

    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

    Devour (Alt/What-If, COMPLETED)
    Nycca Eat Nothing (Canon, DISCONTINUED)

    Spoiler: Standard reactions to Beans.
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...What?
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsar View Post
    A snake butt.
    That made my day.


  15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    C'nor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Avatar by Kasanip

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    [Lobby]

    "Well... The dataports do sound kind of nice. That sort of thing was half my job back at Tempest, and it was actually pretty fun. But the rest, not so much, so I think I'll stick to my original plan of staying alive, yes,"
    Alia agrees, giving Vesa a quick nod of her own.
    Plague Rat in the Playground

    Quote Originally Posted by SJ Tucker, Firebird's Child
    Wonders of the water air and earth are all the same
    you'll never know a wonder like the wonders of the flame!
    Freely fly as what you are and never walk in shame;
    You must not fear to blister if you'd live a life in flame -
    I am girl and firebird and solace is my name!

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Murkus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    EIAC - Labs
    "Dave? Independently wealthy? Far from it. He was a medical advisor at Umbrella and made around $60,000 a year. He worked there for not even a decade, sunk a good deal of that money into the bank, and then only got a fraction of his retirement fund when he quit. He sunk all the money he had into a new house and into that clinic of his, and has been running on mostly donations and favors from people he's helped over the years since then."
    She stood up and rubbed the back of her neck.
    "You know what, I think I'm going to get Dave back here. I'll be good on my own."
    She looks around for a phone she might be able to use!
    Naitiri had to wonder how people who went to a free clinic had granted Dave favors, but it wasn't worth asking. She moves on to the more important topic - Jane's health. "That's not a good idea, Jane. At least stay in Dave's clinic for a few days. Rest."
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

    Spoiler
    Show
    In a dream I found a place
    of rotting meat and eldritch grace
    and looked upon his primordial face
    and from my thoughts could not erase
    that sense of time that sense of space
    and my heart the darkness did embrace.

    -Johanna Stokes


    Nexus Characters

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mindfreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    EIAC - Labs
    No, not from people who went to the clinic, from people he's helped over the years
    "Yeah. I-I'll go to Dave's clinic. Now where's a phone?"
    She looks around for a phone!
    Infernal Mindfreak selling Hell as Heaven by Savanna. Thank you, love!
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    I am without Internet

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Beans's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SHROMPESTA

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Lobby]

    "Well... The dataports do sound kind of nice. That sort of thing was half my job back at Tempest, and it was actually pretty fun. But the rest, not so much, so I think I'll stick to my original plan of staying alive, yes,"
    Alia agrees, giving Vesa a quick nod of her own.
    Vesa looks around, not quite sure what to do.
    Well... what do you aim to do now?

    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

    Devour (Alt/What-If, COMPLETED)
    Nycca Eat Nothing (Canon, DISCONTINUED)

    Spoiler: Standard reactions to Beans.
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...What?
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsar View Post
    A snake butt.
    That made my day.


  19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    C'nor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Avatar by Kasanip

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Vesa looks around, not quite sure what to do.
    Well... what do you aim to do now?

    "Well, I'd like to catch up with you, but apparently that could be a problem before you get permission, so... I suppose see about officially applying for a job?"
    Plague Rat in the Playground

    Quote Originally Posted by SJ Tucker, Firebird's Child
    Wonders of the water air and earth are all the same
    you'll never know a wonder like the wonders of the flame!
    Freely fly as what you are and never walk in shame;
    You must not fear to blister if you'd live a life in flame -
    I am girl and firebird and solace is my name!

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Beans's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SHROMPESTA

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    She nods. I will see that it is done.
    She sends a message to the Auditors to see if any of the higher-ups have time to interview a prospective employee with skills such as Alia's.
    I will be sure to give them my recommendation that you be accepted.
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-08-01 at 02:52 PM.

    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

    Devour (Alt/What-If, COMPLETED)
    Nycca Eat Nothing (Canon, DISCONTINUED)

    Spoiler: Standard reactions to Beans.
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...What?
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsar View Post
    A snake butt.
    That made my day.


  21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    C'nor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Avatar by Kasanip

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    She nods. I will see that it is done.
    She sends a message to the Auditors to see if any of the higher-ups have time to interview a prospective employee with skills such as Alia's.
    I will be sure to give them my recommendation that you be accepted.
    Alia smiles at Vesa, reaching up to take one of her hands for a moment.

    "Thanks, Iru. I'm glad you still trust me enough to give me a recommendation. I'll make sure that it's not misplaced."
    Plague Rat in the Playground

    Quote Originally Posted by SJ Tucker, Firebird's Child
    Wonders of the water air and earth are all the same
    you'll never know a wonder like the wonders of the flame!
    Freely fly as what you are and never walk in shame;
    You must not fear to blister if you'd live a life in flame -
    I am girl and firebird and solace is my name!

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Murkus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    EIAC - Labs
    No, not from people who went to the clinic, from people he's helped over the years
    "Yeah. I-I'll go to Dave's clinic. Now where's a phone?"
    She looks around for a phone!
    In that case, what Naitiri said holds true - she has no rich friends to help her. Just Elexxion and Fettina, the former of which is always hungry for gold or other precious metals.

    "We haven't used phones in decades, sweetie. I'll find something to contact Dave with," Naitiri assures her. She'll try to pull Jane toward the elevator, taking her up. She doesn't bother picking up all of Jane's new clothes - an orderly can do that. In fact, he'll be standing by in the lobby when they arrive, holding a duffel bag. Naitiri leads Jane toward the front entrance, where a text has already been put out from the Auditors. Essentially, 'Jane rejecting care, she requests that you take her home'.

    With that said, Naitiri leaves Jane in the care of her orderly until Dave arrives.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    She nods. I will see that it is done.
    She sends a message to the Auditors to see if any of the higher-ups have time to interview a prospective employee with skills such as Alia's.
    I will be sure to give them my recommendation that you be accepted.
    Iaito patches Alia through to... hm. The Chief of Security would normally handle such a request, but he's quite busy. So, for such an uncertain career path, this leaves Naitiri. She approaches from the front entrance, having just completed some business there, and smiles at the two young ladies. "And this must be... our newest applicant. It's nice to meet you. I'm Naitiri, the head of this clinic." This is typically the point when one says their name back. At least, that's what Nait's expecting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Andy - Halls

    "Eh... this looks like some kind of movie Lab. Normaly useless for real researches just good for show off."
    he sais.

    Then he goes around and observes the whole room especially the labspace. testing all tools scaning the materials there and such.
    Andy will find little in the way of tools for his experiment. It's as he suspected - just for show.

    "That's what we were going for," His assistant assures the good doctor, bouncing after him eagerly. "We have more on the way, but we need to know what you need if it's going to work!"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-08-02 at 12:04 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

    Spoiler
    Show
    In a dream I found a place
    of rotting meat and eldritch grace
    and looked upon his primordial face
    and from my thoughts could not erase
    that sense of time that sense of space
    and my heart the darkness did embrace.

    -Johanna Stokes


    Nexus Characters

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Beans's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SHROMPESTA

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    [Lobby]
    This is my teammate Red Wolf.
    She is experienced in ops coordination and close-quarters combat with blade weapons mounted on her suit's arms as well as the use of handguns.

    Vesa, maybe you should a) learn to let other people talk for themselves and b) realize that's not actually her name and c) go back to when you barely talked.
    She doesn't for a moment consider that not only might Naitiri want to know "Red Wolf" by real name, she might not get that the two young women are on a not-name basis.

    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

    Devour (Alt/What-If, COMPLETED)
    Nycca Eat Nothing (Canon, DISCONTINUED)

    Spoiler: Standard reactions to Beans.
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...What?
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsar View Post
    A snake butt.
    That made my day.


  24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    C'nor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Avatar by Kasanip

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Iaito patches Alia through to... hm. The Chief of Security would normally handle such a request, but he's quite busy. So, for such an uncertain career path, this leaves Naitiri. She approaches from the front entrance, having just completed some business there, and smiles at the two young ladies. "And this must be... our newest applicant. It's nice to meet you. I'm Naitiri, the head of this clinic." This is typically the point when one says their name back. At least, that's what Nait's expecting.


    "It's a pleasure to meet you, as well, Naitiri. And yes, I am your newest applicant, unless someone else is trying to join as we speak,"
    Alia says, returning Nait's smile, and offering a hand, presumably to shake. "You can call me Wolf.

    Please don't be offended, but I haven't given my actual name to anyone except the head of my old team in two years, for personal reasons, and I'd prefer to not do so unless absolutely necessary."


    Edit:

    Whoops. It would appear that I missed a post... In that case, Alia will simply wait to see Naitiri's reaction to Vesa's statements.
    Last edited by C'nor; 2012-08-03 at 02:34 AM.
    Plague Rat in the Playground

    Quote Originally Posted by SJ Tucker, Firebird's Child
    Wonders of the water air and earth are all the same
    you'll never know a wonder like the wonders of the flame!
    Freely fly as what you are and never walk in shame;
    You must not fear to blister if you'd live a life in flame -
    I am girl and firebird and solace is my name!

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mindfreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    EIAC
    And Dave picks her up!
    Infernal Mindfreak selling Hell as Heaven by Savanna. Thank you, love!
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    I am without Internet

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Andy will find little in the way of tools for his experiment. It's as he suspected - just for show.

    "That's what we were going for," His assistant assures the good doctor, bouncing after him eagerly. "We have more on the way, but we need to know what you need if it's going to work!"
    Andy will go and throw face tools or such which are only for show to the ground.

    "After all I don't need a show here. I need..."

    He Lists up a List of tools mostly for electronic. Non of the tools is to expensive or Andy called for the best material for it.

    "Well thats what I would need and..."

    He starts telling her a mix of many different ingrediants most cemical things. And they are a bit more expensive than the tools.

    "That should do it."

    Then he heads for the drink looking what it might be.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

    Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Murkus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Lobby]
    This is my teammate Red Wolf.
    She is experienced in ops coordination and close-quarters combat with blade weapons mounted on her suit's arms as well as the use of handguns.

    Vesa, maybe you should a) learn to let other people talk for themselves and b) realize that's not actually her name and c) go back to when you barely talked.
    She doesn't for a moment consider that not only might Naitiri want to know "Red Wolf" by real name, she might not get that the two young women are on a not-name basis.
    "It sounds like she's very experienced," Naitiri says, glancing between the two women. She puts forth an amused, if perplexed, smile. "Is Red Wolf your... name?"

    ((Also, C'nor, since your PMs are full:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd still be interested in the Outside/Village plot if you'll have me. Though I'd rather play something different - Bellan Vraal, a sort of knight-errant, and several of his comrades who would volunteer to help the defenseless villagers.

    They're huge, alien beings with a preference for melee combat. A couple of them would have access to the Wheel Wells, pun intended, pools of mystical energy that are formed from their race's collective will. Each one is very powerful and well protected, but I consider all except Bellan to be impermanent (and expendable) characters. They can be killed off for the purposes of PLAWT or DRAMA should the scene require.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Andy will go and throw face tools or such which are only for show to the ground.

    "After all I don't need a show here. I need..."

    He Lists up a List of tools mostly for electronic. Non of the tools is to expensive or Andy called for the best material for it.

    "Well thats what I would need and..."

    He starts telling her a mix of many different ingrediants most cemical things. And they are a bit more expensive than the tools.

    "That should do it."

    Then he heads for the drink looking what it might be.
    Andy's assistant takes down his requests dutifully, making no complaint whatsoever about the cost. That Priority stamp on Andy's file wasn't just for show. A look of horror passes over the assistant's face when Emeral starts tossing things, though. "Mr. Emeral, the display is expensive!"

    *CRASH*

    "That's very fragi--"

    *BANG*

    "Doctor, please!"

    *KLONK*

    The assistant hurries about on her anti-grav legs, scooping up displays and tools alike, catching some before Andy can toss them away. Before long she's laden up to the chin with rejected equipment, cheeks flushed red from the effort of running about.

    She watches Andy with wide eyes, a little out of breath, as he approaches the prepared drink. It's a frothy purple concoction, still swirling in the glass. "Th-that's a nutrient drink. For focus, sir."

    The security personnel are snickering in the corner at the whole affair. The tall, robotic one nudges the other with her elbow when Miss Assistant almost drops her things.

    ((Also, Zefir, I posted for Inside with Cornelia. Finally got around to the Deus Mechanicus scene.))
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-08-04 at 04:33 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

    Spoiler
    Show
    In a dream I found a place
    of rotting meat and eldritch grace
    and looked upon his primordial face
    and from my thoughts could not erase
    that sense of time that sense of space
    and my heart the darkness did embrace.

    -Johanna Stokes


    Nexus Characters

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    C'nor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Avatar by Kasanip

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "It sounds like she's very experienced," Naitiri says, glancing between the two women. She puts forth an amused, if perplexed, smile. "Is Red Wolf your... name?"

    ((Also, C'nor, since your PMs are full:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd still be interested in the Outside/Village plot if you'll have me. Though I'd rather play something different - Bellan Vraal, a sort of knight-errant, and several of his comrades who would volunteer to help the defenseless villagers.

    They're huge, alien beings with a preference for melee combat. A couple of them would have access to the Wheel Wells, pun intended, pools of mystical energy that are formed from their race's collective will. Each one is very powerful and well protected, but I consider all except Bellan to be impermanent (and expendable) characters. They can be killed off for the purposes of PLAWT or DRAMA should the scene require.
    Spoiler
    Show

    ((They're similar to Teq in his normal form but with more armor and (visible, at least) weaponry, right? They should fit in fine, so feel free to toss them at it.))


    Alia shakes her head, returning the smile, apparently not minding Vesa having spoken for her. It's not something she's used to, admittedly, but it's certainly better than her friend not giving more than monosyllables even when spoken to, and it's not like Iru doesn't know her capabilities as well as she does.

    The expression fades, replaced by mild confusion, when Naitiri asks if that's her name, though. She's gotten so used to just going by her callsign - and having no-one question it, since the only people she was interacting with were her teammates and Ms. Harker - that she wasn't expecting it to even be commented on.

    "My name? You mean, as in the one I was given by my parents?"
    , Alia asks, a brief flicker of something unpleasant crossing her face when she mentions her parents. "Red Wolf was my callsign, when Iru and I were working together; I haven't given my name to anyone in two years."
    Plague Rat in the Playground

    Quote Originally Posted by SJ Tucker, Firebird's Child
    Wonders of the water air and earth are all the same
    you'll never know a wonder like the wonders of the flame!
    Freely fly as what you are and never walk in shame;
    You must not fear to blister if you'd live a life in flame -
    I am girl and firebird and solace is my name!

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Beans's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SHROMPESTA

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    [Lobby]
    Vesa puts a hand on Alia's shoulder.
    Miss Naitiri, I request that you allow Wolf to go by her callsign. The matter at hand is extremely personal and the circumstances of her applying are vastly different from my own.
    Her hand twitches as she realizes what she just implied.
    She wonders if Wolf will be displeased with her.
    If Chloe would be upset.
    Last edited by Beans; 2012-08-04 at 08:23 AM.

    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

    Devour (Alt/What-If, COMPLETED)
    Nycca Eat Nothing (Canon, DISCONTINUED)

    Spoiler: Standard reactions to Beans.
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...What?
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsar View Post
    A snake butt.
    That made my day.


  30. - Top - End - #150
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Murkus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

    ((That's correct, and I will! Has it already been posted, or...?))

    Lobby

    "Well, I... suppose we can make an exception," Naitiri relents, clasping her hands in front of her. The slim executive flips up and scribbles something down. It's real paper, an almost alien thing in this place of chrome and neon. Naitiri's glasses only add to the 'primitive' look. "Does this mean I'll have to... overlook a background check again?"
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

    Spoiler
    Show
    In a dream I found a place
    of rotting meat and eldritch grace
    and looked upon his primordial face
    and from my thoughts could not erase
    that sense of time that sense of space
    and my heart the darkness did embrace.

    -Johanna Stokes


    Nexus Characters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •