New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Andy's assistant takes down his requests dutifully, making no complaint whatsoever about the cost. That Priority stamp on Andy's file wasn't just for show. A look of horror passes over the assistant's face when Emeral starts tossing things, though. "Mr. Emeral, the display is expensive!"

*CRASH*

"That's very fragi--"

*BANG*

"Doctor, please!"

*KLONK*

The assistant hurries about on her anti-grav legs, scooping up displays and tools alike, catching some before Andy can toss them away. Before long she's laden up to the chin with rejected equipment, cheeks flushed red from the effort of running about.

She watches Andy with wide eyes, a little out of breath, as he approaches the prepared drink. It's a frothy purple concoction, still swirling in the glass. "Th-that's a nutrient drink. For focus, sir."

The security personnel are snickering in the corner at the whole affair. The tall, robotic one nudges the other with her elbow when Miss Assistant almost drops her things.

((Also, Zefir, I posted for Inside with Cornelia. Finally got around to the Deus Mechanicus scene.))
    LAB

Well Andy won't destroy things. After all he hasn't that big ego he would just throw away fake things which wouldn't be usefull other than decoration, but show off tools.

He places the drink back where it came from.
    "Please care that such a drink never enters these rooms again." he tells her and she might notice that Andy's hand shakes for anger.

So he want me to be a machine for him? he thinks, befor he calms down a bit and turns around.

"Now tell me why you have these." He turns arouns and points at the metal parts of the security the hover feets and, if the last thing as such things as well at them, too.

((Posting there soon))
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-08-05 at 08:51 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #152
    Halfling in the Playground

LAB

Well, dropping them to the ground still might endanger a few things. His assistant hurries about anyway. She's just setting everything down when Andy gives his new order. "Of course Doctor, but why? It's supposed to help you work!" Her eccentric new boss certainly hasn't put a damper on this girl's mood. Though his next question startles her. "Oh. Um, I had a tiny little accident with the Assault Beasts. Already a year now." She doesn't exactly look comfortable bringing it up. "I could use normal legs if I wanted, but these let me glide around the lab if I want. Same for these girls, I think. It's more efficient."

The Security personnel nod. They're women of few words, apparently.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #153

LAB

Andy nods at the woman. Well not the same reason. He had no choice back then and now he don't want to be changed again. Let's just hope these woman can handle things when it comes to them.

"Everything comes with a prize. And a potion like this has one, too. I don't know if it will be physical or mental, but I doubt I really wanna have it."

Well there wasn't anything close in his world expect coffee and this had his side effects.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

((That's correct, and I will! Has it already been posted, or...?))

Lobby

"Well, I... suppose we can make an exception," Naitiri relents, clasping her hands in front of her. The slim executive flips up and scribbles something down. It's real paper, an almost alien thing in this place of chrome and neon. Naitiri's glasses only add to the 'primitive' look. "Does this mean I'll have to... overlook a background check again?"
    Vesa does something she's done perhaps once in her time with the company.
    She gives Naitiri a slight, grateful little smile.
    I am sorry that I have again inconvenienced you, Miss Naitiri.
    I am sure, however, that Wolf will not disappoint.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lobby]

((It is, yes.))

"Thank you,"
    Wolf replies, smiling slightly as well. "And I will indeed do my best not to disappoint, nor should overlooking a background check be necessary."

Mostly because working with Tempest gave her access to some rather good computers, and she was able to bury her background very deep indeed, as well as lay down about ten layers of false trails.

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    LAB

Andy nods at the woman. Well not the same reason. He had no choice back then and now he don't want to be changed again. Let's just hope these woman can handle things when it comes to them.

"Everything comes with a prize. And a potion like this has one, too. I don't know if it will be physical or mental, but I doubt I really wanna have it."

Well there wasn't anything close in his world expect coffee and this had his side effects.
    "Oh no sir! We don't charge!" The assistant says, completely missing his point. "And it certainly won't harm you. It's an Elexxion specialty! No crash later!" Or maybe she caught it after all. "Please, sir, at least try it."

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Vesa does something she's done perhaps once in her time with the company.
    She gives Naitiri a slight, grateful little smile.
    I am sorry that I have again inconvenienced you, Miss Naitiri.
    I am sure, however, that Wolf will not disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Lobby]

((It is, yes.))

"Thank you,"
    Wolf replies, smiling slightly as well. "And I will indeed do my best not to disappoint, nor should overlooking a background check be necessary."

Mostly because working with Tempest gave her access to some rather good computers, and she was able to bury her background very deep indeed, as well as lay down about ten layers of false trails.
    "I trust your judgement, Vesa," Naitiri says, smiling at the Revenant briefly before turning on Wolf. She gives a knowing smile. "Really? And what will I find, if I have a look into your personal history?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #157

LAB

He just shakes the head at the assisstent. Oh man why did he got such a person not qualified.

"Look this drink must make somthing to increase the activity in the brain. Even if you don't have a crash a person can get addicted of it which is bad after all."

Well it's not that he can say it for sure, but people get addicted from coffee, alcohole or such things.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

"I trust your judgement, Vesa," Naitiri says, smiling at the Revenant briefly before turning on Wolf. She gives a knowing smile. "Really? And what will I find, if I have a look into your personal history?"
    "That depends on how good a look it is. If you just do what most employers do, you'll find out that I got in some trouble a few years back, but nothing major, and then went on to be a model student and graduate with honors from MIT, at which time I went to work for Tempest. Check a little deeper, and you'll find a perfectly valid court order sealing the records, and that all of the files are rigged to dump to a secure location and alert several government agencies if anyone who doesn't have the encryption key tries to do anything at all to them. If you actually do some investigative work at that point and find out that no-one knows who the judge whose name is on the order is, or remembers anything about a case that might fit, and launch a deeper probe, you'll hit a layer of classified military documents, all of which have similar protection to the last set.

It goes on like that, so you can take your pick of things that are reasonable to believe are true, and explain all of the other layers being in place. But if you actually get far enough, and find my real history? Nothing. Every record has been deleted and overwritten around a hundred-and-fifty times or burned, and the records of the records the same.

My personal history is just that - personal. The only people I would even consider telling are my teammates, and even they don't know at this point. But it has nothing to do with Elexxion, or that would affect my performance here, I assure you."

And then Alia realizes just what Naitiri called Iru. Wonderful. Now she knows her friend's name, despite the fact that, as she hadn't chosen to tell her yet, Vesa would probably prefer she not.

As such, she reaches out to take the Revenant's hand, squeezing it in a pattern that means 'Sorry. Private talk later?' if she's allowed to do so.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-08-09 at 09:48 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lobby]
    Vesa realized that Naitiri just spoke her name---her actual, real name, not her callsign, not an alias---in front of Wolf.
    The hand-squeeze gets through, andVesa slips in an answering "yes" squeeze... but quickly pulls her hand free, her hands starting to fidget.
    She looks at Naitiri, her expression a little confused and sort of unhappy.
    Miss Naitiri...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Pixie in the Playground

"She'd fit right in, I assure you," Gary says, apparently very confident in the Clinic's abilities. As for the platinum, I was under the impression that the going rate was between 1000-2000$ per ounce. Let's call it the low end of the scale, for the purposes of keeping up the Clinic's 'cheap augment' reputation. Perhaps reduce the platinum to 2 ounces, even.

"There was something else ma'am. A, uh, creature came in earlier. Said this was for you." He hadn't forgotten. He pulls the hilt from his back pocket - where it'd poking him in the backside, with it's apparent 'eagerness' - and hands it to Spec.
    Your estimate is probably infinitely more accurate than my own, seeing as I referenced a random plat price website, and we all know how "reliable" one crazy site on teh intarwebz is.

Spec is also convinced that the Clinic is up to snuff in the field of medical surgeries and diagnosis and stuff where it counts! She wouldn't be here otherwise boosting her self-esteem and whatnot!

So reasonably-priced augs and safe 'n sterile surgery! Yeah! We can just leave the cost undefined. So long as they aren't too expensive, the monetary gains or losses don't amount to anything all that vital in Spec's pocketbook, even though she is by no measure well-off. She wouldn't try to barter or haggle with the salesman anyhow!

The Yithian hilt, pulsing with intense viridian energy as it is, flies at Spec's hand at breakneck speeds and adheres to it with an audible clang as the salesman releases it from his grasp. Spec absorbs the brunt of this blow, shaking her stinging right hand reflexively and biting back any wincing at the aftershock. Noting that the hilt doesn't loosen from her hand as she whips it up and down, she levels her palm so that it is parallel to the floor and begins to experimentally wave her right arm all about in the space in front of her.

"Ow! ..."

"Um... Did somebody just superglue a sword hilt to my hand with psychic superpowers? While that's a funny and lol-worthy prank, can I have my hand please Mister Prankster-Creature?"

Because Gary couldn't be responsible for this event! He obviously loves his career too much!

"Uh, you wouldn't happen to be vending any superglue solvent today, would you, uh..."

Spec leans over to peer at Gary's nametag at a closer proximity.

"Mister Gary."

11. - Top - End - #161

Lab

The assistant starts to look indignant. Now he's telling her her business! She purses her lips in a pouty manner. "But Doctor, you don't even know what it's made of! Elexxion wouldn't want you addicted to anything..." She glances down at the drink and takes it away. "Well, um, you're the boss."

The assistant tries to get off this subject, deciding to focus on more important matters. "Anyway, we'll see about outfitting the lab! Might take a while, though." Andreas has provided a laundry list of specialized equipment. She glances over it again, trying to estimate a price in her head based on the current Nexus market.

Lobby

"And that, Wolf, is why I'm overlooking a background check," Naitiri says, marking something down on her clipboard. "It'd be worthless. The Auditors never stop digging, dear, and when they find nothing, people are going to ask you some very uncomfortable questions." She smiles. "I'd rather it be on me than you."

Vesa receives a questioning glance. As can be evidenced by her messy hair-bun and the dark circles beneath her eyes, Naitiri has been busy for a long time. She likely hasn't clued in on the fact that Wolf wouldn't know Vesa's real name either. "What is it?"

-------

"Uh, I don't think so," Gary says, startled and embarrassed. Oh my. "That... oh. I'm so sorry. He said he was a friend of your family..." He gives his head a little shake, eyes wide.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-08-09 at 10:43 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lobby]
    Vesa decides to lie.
    Not very skillfully... like, at all... but she makes an effort.
    Er.
    That is.
    Nothing.
    Thank you.
    I'd er.
    Like to.
    Go talk to Wolf.
    About the.
    Er.
    Past and things.

She doesn't really have any idea how to lie convincingly, but she tries really hard.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lobby]

Wolf stays quiet for the moment, not wanting to risk interfering or accidentally saying something that Vesa takes badly.

14. - Top - End - #164

Lab

The assistant starts to look indignant. Now he's telling her her business! She purses her lips in a pouty manner. "But Doctor, you don't even know what it's made of! Elexxion wouldn't want you addicted to anything..." She glances down at the drink and takes it away. "Well, um, you're the boss."

The assistant tries to get off this subject, deciding to focus on more important matters. "Anyway, we'll see about outfitting the lab! Might take a while, though." Andreas has provided a laundry list of specialized equipment. She glances over it again, trying to estimate a price in her head based on the current Nexus market.
    Lab

Andy looks at her as she takes the glass.

"Thought so." It made him just more sure in his thoughts which may be not bad after all.

Then she mentones time well time isn't a nessassary fact in the nexus so nothing to really care about.

"Sure take your time. I think I go for a walk then."

15. - Top - End - #165

[Lobby]

"I... alright. As for her employment, Wolf can come aboard on a... probationary basis," Naitiri decides. Nait often wishes she had the time to get together with old buddies from her ESA days, so she can relate to the two girls somewhat. "But I'd like an interview at some point. Touch all the bases, learn where we can best apply your skills. Is that alright?"

LAB

"You can certainly go for a walk!" The assistant agrees, blinking out of her little neural lapse. Though her eyes were on Andy, her mind was somewhere else, drifting through Nexnet in a search for equipment. "Though Elexxion has provided a variety of other entertainment and relaxation benefits for Priority Assets! Would you like to hear any of them?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-08-12 at 12:16 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lobby]

Wolf smiles somewhat, and nods, apparently pleased with that outcome.

"Of course. I'll be happy to do so whenever it's convenient for you."

Other than, y'know, right now, of course. But I suspect that Naitiri isn't that nasty, or at least that stupid.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lobby]
    Er. I believe we should talk in my room... Good day, Miss Naitiri.
    Unless there is Moar Bisnis Stuffs, she will turn to lead Alia to her rather sparse living quarters for some privacy and conversation.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168

[Lobby]

"I'll call you," Naitiri assures the mercenary, smiling before she, too, retreats to her quarters. It's time to scribble down the paperwork for all the buildings Elexxion has just bought up. Then, maybe, she can relax.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lobby]

Alia nods again, heading off with Vesa for their talk.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lobby > Vesa's Room]
    She leads her in and closes the door behind her; immediately, she heads to her suit-maintenance rack, which begins to remove the suit and harness from her.

So.
    That's two of the Tempest team who knows my real name now.

Vesa sighs, unsure of how things work any more.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vesa's Room]

"You told Chameleon, then?"
    , Wolf asks, starting to remove her own suit. "And for what it's worth, I trust you enough to tell you mine, if you want me to. Seems like a fair enough trade, if slightly in my favor, since you didn't choose to give me yours."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vesa's Room]
    Climbing out of her suit, she pulls on some modest grey underwear and a hoodie.
    Yes, I told Chl---Chameleon.
    One tends to trust a friend enough if one happens to be in... a...
    Hard-to-describe relationship with them...
    Anyway, I would be glad to learn your name if you want to tell me.

She smiles a little bit.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vesa's Room]

Wolf returns the smile, though she doesn't strip entirely out of her suit, since she doesn't have any other clothes, and even if Vesa has something that will fit her, she doesn't want to impose on her friend.

"My name is Alia. Alia Hunter, if the last name matters."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vesa's Room]
    She nods.
    It suits you...
    My last name is Landers. Vesa Landers.

Deadtime!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vesa's Room]

"I really hope you mean the 'Hunter' bit..."
    , Alia says quietly, though her tone is light, and somewhat humorous. "I mean, I know I've got issues, but I'd like to think I'm not that messed up.

And yours suits you, too. You're very grounded, from what I've seen..."

26. - Top - End - #176

LAB

"You can certainly go for a walk!" The assistant agrees, blinking out of her little neural lapse. Though her eyes were on Andy, her mind was somewhere else, drifting through Nexnet in a search for equipment. "Though Elexxion has provided a variety of other entertainment and relaxation benefits for Priority Assets! Would you like to hear any of them?"
    Lab

"Well, it can't hear to see what they got."

He has a vison that the activities here proove to be the same as the drink. Getting informations about the emloyee or make them adicted to the firm. Maybe they suprise him

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vesa's Room]

"I really hope you mean the 'Hunter' bit..."
    , Alia says quietly, though her tone is light, and somewhat humorous. "I mean, I know I've got issues, but I'd like to think I'm not that messed up.

And yours suits you, too. You're very grounded, from what I've seen..."
    ... But I am usually floating.
    She sits on the bed, patting a space where Alia can sit with her.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Lab

"Well, it can't hear to see what they got."

He has a vison that the activities here proove to be the same as the drink. Getting informations about the emloyee or make them adicted to the firm. Maybe they suprise him
    "Mm... lets see... massage therapy, full aug access, free Escort services, Elexxion approved recreational drugs, various virtual entertainment options..."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    ... But I am usually floating.
    She sits on the bed, patting a space where Alia can sit with her.
    Alia smiles, sitting down next to her, and laughing somewhat.

"I didn't mean literally, Vesa. Just that you're usually very calm."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Alia smiles, sitting down next to her, and laughing somewhat.

"I didn't mean literally, Vesa. Just that you're usually very calm."
    [Vesa's]
    ((Note: only semi-online))
    She nods and scoots a little closer. "Oh, I see..."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show