3.5 with some house rules

Starting Level:
    3rd

Wealth:
    1.5 x WBL

Races:
    Core only

Classes:
    Any from the allowed sources, Alternatives, eg: Thug, Cloistered Cleric, by approval only.

Stat Generation:
    three sets of 4d6b3x7 choose the best.
    If I deem all sets to be detrimental I will allow a 38point buy back up.

Generating HP:
    Roll or Average, which ever is better.

Are Traits/Flaws allowed:
    No sorry.

Alignment:
    No alignment restrictions, but all characters must be able to play nice.

Books/Sources:
    Core/SRD (No Psionics)
    Complete Arcane/Warrior/Adventurer/Divine
    Races of the Wild/Stone/Dragon
    PHB2
    Deities & Demigods (Normal D&D Pantheon)
    Magic Item Conpendium

Setting:
    Homebrew world

Is Homebrew Allowed?
    No

Is Multiclassing Allowed?:
    Yes. No penilities.

Background:
    2 to 3 SHORT paragraphs just so I can get to know what drives your character and where he/she came to be what he/she is.
    Please be creative, but keep it within the confines of the setting and nothing really out there.
    I would also like you to include 1 or 2 people, including what class(es) they are, who have taken exception to your
    character, and the reason for this as they may just turn up somewhere along the line.

Setting Background:
    The Kingdoms have been torn apart, all the free races of the continant are scrambling to stay alive.
    What has caused all this? The Covenant of Asmodeus.
    For the past 15 years the Covenant, a group of 9 Wisards, Sorcerors and Clerics have been striving to conqure the land,
    enslave the free people so they can capture the essence of the people pain and suffering to bring about the ultimate goal
    Altaranis Mosoleon, the head of the Covenant.
    To assist them in their endeavour they have a squad of Generals, Assissins and Blackguards called the Hand of Asmodeus.
    These foul warriors lead the Covenant's armies, execute high ranking enemies via stealth and gile and take great pleasure
    in causing the suffering of all those captured in battle.

The Kings and Queens of the Free have banded together to confront this threat but have so far been unsuccesful in throwing
    them back, only slowing the the Covenant's expansion.
    The Coalition of the Realms have come to stalemate on how to proceed with the defence of their peoples, all their efforts
    have born only brief victories so they have decided to try and fight the Covenant at their own game.
    To do this they have sent word throughout all their kingdoms for those individuals who might be able to do what needs to be
    done.
    These individuals are you.

Houserules:
    Nothing too major here, but these are now as follows:
    Haste: If from the spell, it no longer ages you a year, but to readjust, you are subject to the effects of a Slow spell for the same length of time as you were hasted.
    Improved Crit & Keen/Impacting DO stack. I veiw one as a magical weapon effect and the other your character personal aptitude with the weapon.
    Web is now 1 minute/2 levels with Strength break DC of 15.
    Stabalising is now DC 10 + last amount of damage taken, use your CON mod.
    Heal Checks now a DC 15, doing 1d6 points + 1 per point above the DC.
    Maybe more depending on what situations arrise during the game.
    EDIT: The Assassin PrC no longer has to be evil, and instead of killing someone purely to join the assassins, they must have killed someone purely for payment.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-07-12 at 11:56 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand OOC

People and their characters:
    {table=head] Player | Character | Class | Status
    D_Man_7733 | Drayner | Warlock | Active
    Marlowe | Verossa Carmine | Hexblade | Active
    Arranis Thelmos | Halabur Balaban | Illusionist | Active
    Wordplay | Raif Clearsight | Cleric | Active
    Machuchang | Eleanora Worthe | Knight | Active
    ExtravagantEvil | Daranand Zophokeil| Bard | Retired
    Simba | Mailali Orle | Rogue/Swashbuckler | Active [/Table]

Spoiler
    Show
    This is looking very cool, Alignment restrictions? looking to make up a CG Warlock hoping for redemption, or maybe (if heritage feats are allowed, I forgot which book they were in ) a sorcerer going dragon disciple, if the group would like a buffer/healer Dragon Shaman with the DR and Fast Healing auras.

I will likely write up all three with a slightly shorter than recommended background for each, until I get time to expand on it. And because I like making character sheets .

Rolling stats for the Warlock who's looking for redemption:
    Spoiler
    Show

(4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[6]

(4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[9]

(4d6b3)[14]

Rolling stats for Sorcerer who is out to save his sister:
    Spoiler
    Show

(4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[10]

(4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[11]

(4d6b3)[10]

Rolling stats for Dragon Shaman who wishes to cleanse the evil from the land by any means necessary:
    Spoiler
    Show

(4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[16]

(4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[9]

(4d6b3)[15]

Do you have a personal preferences as to which you would prefer in the game?

EDIT: If you would prefer I can just use one set of rolls for all three characters, the first one of course.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-12-17 at 07:01 PM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I'm thinking a cold-hearted Sorcerer who focuses on cold magic (Energy Substitution and Soul of the North feats from Complete Arcana).
    Spoiler
    Show
    12, 14, 16, 5, 18, 13

Or a lighthearted Gnome Illusionist.
    Spoiler
    Show
    12, 14, 15, 18, 10, 13

Edit: Okay, I've been playing 3.5 for a long time and I feel ashamed to ask it, but what does WBL mean? Wealth By Level. Right.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-07-07 at 10:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

No Alignment restrictions, but characters need to be able to play nice.
    Stat Gen is 3 sets of 7 x 4d6b3 so Arranis you have one more set and could you use the forum die roller please? If you did could you link where you made your rolls please? Just keeps everything above board and transparent so there's no arguments .
    So it'll be:
    Set one
    rolls

Set two
    rolls

Set three
    rolls

Then you pick the best set for any or all character ideas you have.

Also D_Man, I'm not really a big fan of Dragon Shaman's, but if you really want to go one I wont stop you.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-07-07 at 11:09 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

ElfWarriorGuy

It's cool, It was mostly for the buffing aura if it was required, Drayner the warlock is almost ready, just need background and equipment.

HP: (3d6+6)[15]

Rolling Sorcerer HP in advance: (3d4)[7]+con mod and likely toughness

EDIT: Do you have any objections (or suggestions) to my character being given his powers so he could be a tool for the "Hand of Asmodeus", but after realising what he was doing, he left/ran away, and has been on the move ever since, to avoid recapture/death/re-programming?
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-07-07 at 11:14 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Set one:
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[16]

Two:
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[8]

Three:
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[14]

Set three would make a good Bard, but for some reason I have a burning desire to play an amiable, affable, good-natured and perennially optimistic Hexblade. Even if they're officially not-very-good. Set one is plainly the it.

My, I am butchering the English today.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

No problems with being a re-deemed follower of The Hand, but as to "being given" his power, no, they would have recuited you BECAUSE of your powers.

8. - Top - End - #8

ElfWarriorGuy

Cool, taken as a child okay with you? Or would you rather recruit mean recruit instead of abduct a helpful asset that we can mold to our wishes as he grows [insert evil laugh]

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

@D_Man: How ever you want to fluff it.

@Marlowe: Nice rolls for set one, you could be anything. And talk about Mr. Generalised for set 3 .

10. - Top - End - #10

Miss, (Or Mr) Friendly Happy Hexblade incomplete here. Just basic skills, feats, and weaponry done thus far. Do some more after work.

She/He works with a Glaive and focusses on being a blocker with Combat reflexes and Hold the Line. If they won't charge she/he throws javelins.

It'll probably be a she. Chicks rock polearms.

11. - Top - End - #11

ElfWarriorGuy

@Marlowe Hexblades are fun! I like maxing out bluff, and getting synergies for it. It makes you able to tell almost anyone anything and they'll believe you! Especially fun on other players ... but not recommended, because lying to friends is wrong .

Okay so here is the short backstory for Drayner (I like to write backstories in a narrative sense so shortening it was difficult):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Drayner was born with a different name, though, that doesn't really matter anymore. The only ones who knew it lay dead by his hand.

Drayner was known to have strange things happen around him from birth and was kept away from the public of the town so as to stop anybody from getting hurt.

A few years before the Hand of Asmodeus attacked some odd people came to the village and abducted him from his home and parents. He was taken and trained by the Duskblade Garrol, who led the more mixed part of the army, Spell-slingers and Fighters alike. He was taught to obey his superious without question, and the child he was dissapeared. his memories became a blur, as though they never happened, they re-named him, and made him a tool for whatever purpose they saw fit for him. The hand returned to the town and destroyed it, Drayner ended up murdering his own parents who pleaded for him to stop, but their cries were unheard as the child they knew was gone.

About a year after, he was out on a scouting mission when he wandered into a sacred place of harmonous magic,where he gazed into a pool he stared not at a man, but at a demonic presence. Once again his memories were stripped from him, as his former mindset returned, some of the blurred memories became clear, his name still a mystery to him, he clung to the last image that was returning, or dissapearing perhaps, where he chose his own name. He woke after being falling unconsious, knowing only what he had done, not names of who or when, the pool may be gone, but Drayner has forgotten it even exists.

A longer more narrative background is in the notes section of the character sheet.

I can't really think of any more characters to add, he certainly wouldn't have any friends outside the Hand (of whom he hates now), If it makes things too hard on your end, I can change some stuff.
    Garrol
    Spoiler
    Show

Duskblade, Lawful Evil, Extremely Obedient to the Covenant and Hand. Not currently in the memory of Draynor.

PM coming your way with some extra stuff.
    If you would like any more info just ask.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-07-08 at 12:34 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Marlowe, just wondering where you got the 4th feat from?

13. - Top - End - #13

ElfWarriorGuy

I can honestly say I don't know what to get with all the money. I am down to 629.9gp. and don't like any of the magic Items within the pricerange. (I already have two wands: Cure Light Wounds, and Light) And I mithrilised my armour, so there isn't much I can do left with the useless misc stuff I bought (I even got a spyglass). I don't need melee weapons. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-07-08 at 02:28 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

How about a Darkwood Buckler? Never hurts to have another point of AC.
    Apart from that I'm not sure... A few pounds of soap?

15. - Top - End - #15

"Skilled city dweller?", not a feat, an Alternative Class Feature. It's from an article on WoTC's site about refluffing "country" classes into more "urban" ones. You get to swap Ride for Tumble, Survival for Gather Information, that sort of thing. I noticed it ages ago but forgot to bookmark it because I never thought I'd play any of the effected classes. I wouldn't have taken it at all except the Hexblade Handbook reminded me, and well, Tumble is a nice skill to have.

The fluff will be that she's from a maritime city-state on an island off the coast, and wouldn't have had much do to with horses.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, ok, sweet as. Just make a note that it's an ACF on the sheet as I don't get confused .

17. - Top - End - #17

Done background. Still need to do equipment.

Spent an hour in a Chinese PC-cafe trying to find a suitable pic. Which between Chinese internet, working with Mandarin operating system, and the tendency of fantasy artists to dress all women warriors as strippers is proving very frustrating. I shall get some more done tomorrow. A nice Kimono-clad samurai lady with a naginata would be sweet, but I can't grab any image links.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Both backgrounds are looking great so far.

@Marlowe: I'm gunna have to try and figure out where to put all those places in the map I'm trying to (crudely) draw in MS paint, hell, you know what my artistic abilities are like with pencil and paper, you'll see how bad they are when using mouse or trackpad .
    Also, who's Verossa's "enemy"?

19. - Top - End - #19

GreenSorcererElf

I got those sets of stats from the pathguy 3.5 character generator, and since I don't really have a way to prove those are my stats I'll just reroll here.

Sorcerer
    One
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[8]

Illusionist
    Two
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[12] (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[16] (4d6b3)[15] (4d6b3)[18] (4d6b3)[14]
    Paladin?
    Three
    (4d6b3)[9] (4d6b3)[9] (4d6b3)[14] (4d6b3)[10] (4d6b3)[13] (4d6b3)[14] (4d6b3)[14]

Edit: I guess I'll go with the Illusionist; D-Man is going for the Sorcerer, right?

What I have so far for the Illusionist:
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=411463
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-07-08 at 09:32 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

You can choose any of those 3 sets for your stats, you dont need to roll per character. Also the link for your sheet isn't working .
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-07-08 at 10:21 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

GreenSorcererElf

Here's what I got so far then, http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=411463. It should link properly now.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, I'm a little late to the party, but it looks like good fun, and I'm ready to roll.

(4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

23. - Top - End - #23

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arranis Thelmos View Post
    Edit: I guess I'll go with the Illusionist; D-Man is going for the Sorcerer, right?
    I'm going with the Warlock, but I will likely make a sorcerer anyway, both are likely focusing on being blasters.

@Malak'ai Darkwood buckler is a good idea... but so is soap... A little bit of both won't hurt.

24. - Top - End - #24

GreenSorcererElf

I took the Darkwood shield personally, we can use it without spellcasting penalty right? Or am I misinterpreting the passage?

And I also finished my backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Halabur spent his early years growing up with his aged uncle in an underground villiage with a small community of Whisper Gnomes. After Halabur's parents died in a kobold attack, his Uncle Blugby took the young waif in. At a young age he developed a small aptitude for magic, one which he nurtured with the aid of his uncle Blugby. Not long after his abilities began to wax stronger, the community was captured and enslaved by a band of kobolds under the command of the vicious half dragon-half bugbear warlord Kask Trang. Halabur continued to practice his magical abilities while under enslavement, focusing on creating illusions to fool his tormentors. After a month of preparations he initiated a breakout with the aid of the other Whisper Gnomes. It failed horribly. Despite their clever planning they were betrayed in the early stages and the slavers were prepared for them. Halabur panicked and left his family and friends behind, and saw his dear uncle beheaded from a distance. Halabur wallowed in his misery as he wandered lost through the tunnels. After a week, he finally made it to the surface and made it to a local farm. When his wounds were healed, he ventured off to his magical talents; ultimately seeking to gain power to destroy Kask Trang and avenge his family and honor.

Kask Trang
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Dragon, Half-Bugbear Barbarian. A warlord seeking to expand his underground dominion.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-07-08 at 04:35 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

You have another 2 sets of rolls Wordplay.
    Arranis, nice character, only one problem, Whisper Gnome isn't Core. Only the Races found in the PHB are allowed, sorry .

26. - Top - End - #26

GreenSorcererElf

Oops. ><

I saw Races of Stone was an accepted book, but I didn't see the core races up top until now. I'll fix it now.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, Classes, Feats, Spells, Items and whatnot from the splats are all good, but my world only contains Core races.
    It's to try and limit the power gamer in the group that I was gunna run this game for IRL.

28. - Top - End - #28

GreenSorcererElf

"Was gunna run the game for"? Is he not playing anymore?

Btw, sheet fixed now.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-07-08 at 07:45 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Hey-a, folks! Sorry it took a bit, haven't had much of a chance to get online.

I'm thinkin' of going with a knight, rogue, or fighter. Let's see what I get:

Set One:
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[17]

Set Two:
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[13]

Set Three:
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[7]
    (4d6b3)[12]

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

No, he's still gunna be playing.
    I think "that I am going to be running it for" would actually be the more appropriate way of putting it. I wanna test it out before going to the group with it.

@Machuchang: Set 1 would give you a nice Knight, we need a Meatshield .
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-07-08 at 08:15 PM.