New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Pokemon: Successors of the Forgotten, part 3, Things just got serious (IC)

The last page of the old thread

As we last left our heroes, things were pretty grim. After finding out it was a Mew egg they were transporting, the group split up in a forest to help a little girl find her twin. Liam, Autumn and Emma went off, and Emma was knocked unconscious by a bishonen cyborg ninja. Meanwhile, Damien was trapped in a strange body, and Russ and Sylvia were knocked out by the twins and their babysitter, all of whom work for Team Gallus.

Damien manages to get to his friends by hijacking the ghost possessing him, and finds Russ and Sylvia out cold. Autumn and Liam are frantically trying to find the group, weighed down by an unconscious Emma.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Successors of the Forgotten, part 3, Things just got serious (IC)

Damien

You notice two small black dog-mon are out. One by Jillian (red hed near your body) and the other by the man. They both sniff the air and look at you as you become visible (but somewhat transparent). The man stares at you oddly for a second, then jerks his head towards the twins and barks NOW!

The trio spring into action. You see Sylvia's pokegear lift from her hand and her scimitar from its sheath which start floating towards your body and Jillian. Jillian snatches the scimitar from the air and brings it to your body's neck. But the true spectacle was the man. He convulses and out of his chest comes a deep hue'd purple pokemon, with a stocky body and short limbs, which then flies over to your body and grins at it evilly.

Liam and Autumn

Shrike pops from the leaves above and lands on Liam's shoulder looking confused. Monarch and Sting stare at your a for a moment before buzzing and clicking. It isn't really clear what they are trying to say, but they aren't attacking you, so thats a plus.

From Emma's phone, Autumn hears: NOW!, then some ruffling sound. Then silence.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-07-08 at 09:03 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Pokemon: Successors of the Forgotten, part 3, Things just got serious (IC)

Ha! Good going, girls. They'll go so far...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Damien sighed in frustration as he watched the spectacle unfold in front of him; folding his arms and rolling his one eye, nuance of seeing his form move separately to him lost already under mounting frustration of having to deal with these people. Once everyone seemed to have settled down he attempted to communicate with the trio. "Arceus on high..." he began, not even attempting to hide his exasperation by this point. "Do you people even understand the meaning of diplomacy? I'm here to talk, not fight if that's at all possible with you crazy people," he explained before pausing a moment to compose himself once more.

"So, can we all just settle down for two judged minutes, and talk, rather than back-stab or try to kill each other; or are we seriously going to have to go through this song and dance number again?" he inquired with a raised brow, before turning to the twins for a brief moment. "Oh, your father sends his regards, and compliments your quick thinking," he added as an aside.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-07-08 at 09:33 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Autumn sighs, "Let's start looking, I'll get Emma," Autumn says, actually lifting her up on her own, giving a wink to Liam, "guess my strength comes in handy sometimes," she then gets serious, "Marcus, stay close," she says, "Sting, please go up with him just in case he's attacked, Monarch, stay with us, we may need you if we're attacked," with that, she looks towards Liam, "let's retrace our steps, after that we can follow the other trail and try and find the others."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Damien

The girls smile widley, while the pokemon turns to you. It puts its hands behind its back like a proper gentlmen and grins evily at you (not your body this time). Oh I am calm sir. I'll only dance if you'll lead. I am more than glad to talk to you. Just.... he makes a gesture as if he can't find the word more on my terms. he finishes with an eviler grin than before.

Motioning to the girls and your body This is simply insurance. Now Sylvia's phone, which had been floating near Jillian, floats towards Lillian Your friends have something we want. A particular book. Hand it over, and no more blood will be shed. Lillian, will you please? Lillian grabs the phone. Hello? Anyone there?

Autumn and Liam

You hear Lillian on the phone.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-07-09 at 12:47 AM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

7. - Top - End - #7

Autumn stops when a voice comes over the phone, "Liam, can you get that, my hands are kinda full at the moment."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Yea, sure."

Liam picks up Emmas phone "Hello isn't this supposed to be Slyvias phone number?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Balls misread what has going on over the phone cant get rid of the roll so eh

(1d20+5)[18]
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2012-07-09 at 06:01 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Damien stayed perfectly silent and still for a few moments as he rested his back against a tree, though it may have seemed longer given the preternatural stillness that seemed to emanate from him; merely staring at the trio with his unblinking gaze, his aura seemingly perfectly still as if frozen in that single frame. After what may have seemed an uncomfortably long moment of silence, Damien broke the small veil of silence that had formed around him.

"The book," he repeated dumbly as he blinked thrice with his one eye. "A-are...are you talking about the one about the Five Fairies?" he slowly began as if undoing whatever seal he had previously placed over his ability to speak, staring at the trio as if in disbelief. "You mean the one we, literally, found in a ditch abandoned for Dialga only knows how long; just the other day? As in the one that's just between laying around in our backpacks all this time? Do you mean That book?" he inquired with a strange intensity in how he phrased his last question, as he fixated his one eye on the Ghost in front of him.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

The 'mon chuckles and shakes his head a little. Possibly, yes. You'd understand my hesitation in confirming the book your talking about is indeed the one I have requested. I don't know when you obtained the book we seek, nor the condition of which you've been keeping it. For your sake, I hope in good condition. I can promise to not harm you, but I do not speak for my superiors. All I want you to do is to convince your friends to hand it over without a fuss. Ok?

The 'mon nods to Lillian who speaks into the phone. Liam hears Lillian's voice but it has changed quick dramatically. The cute 8 year old voice of innocence is gone, replaced by a wild cackle. Listen you dumb muk, we have your friends. If you want them still breathing, get your asses back to the clearing. No pokemon, no weapons. And don't try any funny stuff. We will muk you up and then muk the void out of your corpses if you try. Bring the book.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Between you and me, it's because after 20 years of making sure the Muscle had someone smarter than him around for every mission to keep him from making another catastrophic failure, Ennis and I made the mistake of assuming he may be able to handle one simple task on his own again-namely, move a rather unassuming book from point A to point B-without royally muking up. So now we always make sure he has a couple people smarter than him in charge of the operation.
    He then hears Lillian talk, and mentally sighs.
    Speaking of muk ups, can you let him know that Ennis and I will be having choice words with him later on appropriate words to teach our daughters, again?
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-07-09 at 06:44 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Friends? O yea right, i'll bring the book to the clearing in a few minutes"

Liam hangs up the phone shakes his head and talks to Autumn

"Looks like the others have gotten themselves in trouble, this time the "Bad guys" want the book rather than the eggmay as well just give it to them.

They said meet back in the clearing. So i'll go in and you stick to the side out of sight with emma and if anything goes wrong you can back me up. But don't do anything unless you really need to otherwise the others could end up pretty screwed. So no pokemon"

Liam also returns Shrike and Cerburus

13. - Top - End - #13

Autumn takes a breath, "they probably know I'm with you, so me staying out of sight would be suspicious, and they may have psychics or aura users," she shakes her head, "they'd see right through it, even without a psychic or aura user. Marcus, Sting, down here," she calls, and returns the two once they arrive, along with Monarch, Lillian, and Barb, "let's head back."
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-07-09 at 06:40 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Yea they know i'm with you however they don't know Emma is KOed. The book thing could be a ruse to get the egg so we carnt bring her with us in this state and we carnt leave her alone with the thing around so we just have to keep her out of sight. So if they sense you i'll just say your waiting to see what happens far away from interfearing and they carnt read my mind for any information that could be useful to them so thats another reason to keep you far away we dont want them knowing how much we know about the book."

15. - Top - End - #15

Autumn nods, "got it, we'll go with that, just tell me when to split off. I won't go too far though, I may need your help if that thing comes back."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Lets go then"

I guess Liam goes back to the clearing while Autumn stays a little way back

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Lillian hangs up the phone with a smirk. They are on their way. The 'mon nods and turns to you, slowly floating back to the burly body he had previously left. Your friends are going to meet us at the clearing for the exchange. Would you be so kind and make yourself useful? In that body, your strong enough to lift the lug over there. The girls will tend to your body and I'll have the little red head. Again, don't try anything. I doubt you will. I'm more concerned about your friends acting rashly.

He enters the body he was in previously, which convulses and animates. He grabs Sylvia and tosses her over his shoulder along with Shupply and HAWK. The girls hoist your body up, apperently telekinetically as they seem to be putting little effort into it. Jillian continues to hold's the flaming scimitar to your body's neck.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Upon hearing the response, Damien stared at the ghost before him for a moment; before suddenly breaking into a boisterous nearly manic fit of laughter as he realized the shear absurdity of what had just happened to him. Laughing for a good thirty seconds before nodding, "Yeah, sure no problem," he said with a chuckle, hardly containing himself as he floated over to Russ' body. "This shouldn't go too badly," he commented in an oddly cheery tone of voice as he followed the trio.

Mr, hehe, just to make sure that I understood this properly; feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, he began pausing due to another internal giggle. Rather than sending you alongside this guy, in all your shear over powered glory, to just take the book in the middle of the night or something; or maybe just ask us to give you the book back first, seeing as there's no way we'd be able to beat you two in a straight up fight. He decided to stage a poorly thought-out ambush, risking your daughters and our lives along with the book and the Egg; as well as potentially setting us back a whole day in our time sensitive delivery of global importance, risking permanent damage to our ability to do said job, and given Rocket additional time to stage their next attempt against us and potentially risk weakening our already meager ability to defend ourselves against them, correct?, he asked The Runner curiously, smiling internally as he spoke between merry chuckles.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-07-10 at 11:53 AM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

This? This was play time, kid. Really, we didn't expect you to be competent enough to think of using my body, so this would be a cakewalk for the girls. Your group tends to do poorly enough that we don't really care what happens to you except for that egg, that girl, and you. Void, the only reason the girls're here is so Musclebrain doesn't torch your unconscious bodies like the first time we didn't give him a leash. Besides, if you haven't realized this yet, your friend Gerald and that breeder guy are running interference on Rocket for you, which was admittedly an unexpected boon for us. Void, the rest of Gallus has been tasked with keeping your asses out of the really dangerous **** and you still drop like flies when the weak stuff slips through.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Damien sighed, his merry cheer passing just as quickly as it arrived. Yeah, I know. Just realizing how screwed up my group and I are. Even with the kiddy gloves on, we still screwed up pretty badly; we're just lucky no one died today, he admitted not hiding his disapointment in himself and the others.

That said, we weren't the only ones who made stupid mistakes today. You may want to talk to Lillian after this, he said in a more somber tone. That girl irrevocably contradicted the foundation of her cover story three times in a row, and then literally poked holes through what was left of her cover several times; all within the span of little over a minute or so while she was still surrounded by the group and some distance away from where the ambush seems to have been setup. My group obviously missed the signs, and you tried to possess me before I got the chance to blow the whistle on her; but well, we're just a bunch of dumb kids, and like you said this was just playtime for you guys, but if she makes that kind of mistake again... Well, she might not be as lucky the next time. he explained showing genuine concern for the girl.

I, I just thought I should let you know. I just don't want her to have to pay the price of that kind of screw up if it can be avoided, he added feeling a tad bit more awkward as time passed.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-07-10 at 01:40 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Thank you for the information. Although in one case...well, the ambush site was supposed to be the clearing, honestly. When you guys decided to split up, well...it really did throw us.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-07-10 at 06:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

After a few minutes of back tracking, Liam and Autumn find their way back to the clearing. Autumn hides as planned and Liam enters the clearing to a strange sight.

Lillian and another girl who you assume is her sister because she looks identical except for her short red hair, have Damien's unconcsious body in their grip, Sylvia's flaming blade to his neck. A burly man you haven't seen before has an unconcsious Sylvia and HAWK over his shoulders and a large black pokemon with what looks like a face on its stomach, without legs, holding an unconscious Russ.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dex check from Autumn to see how well she hides. Can start talking but until Autum's stealth is rolled, they won't respond.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Come out you tree hugger! We said no funny business! I don't know where you are but I know your here. Come out or your little friend gets it. She brings the blade a little closer, singing the peach fuzz on Damien's supple young neck.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Damien mentally sweatdropped as the true nature of the trap was revealed to him, Nice to know we were screwed either way then, he admitted with a half-hearted chuckle.

Upon spotting Liam enter the clearing he attempted to establish telepathic comunication with Liam, "Hi Liam it's Damien, I'm possessing the big grey floaty mon at the moment. Long story. As proof of identity; my girlfriend's little sister shot you in the back with a shotgun, Shrike's your starter, mine is Aden, you're evee's full name is Cerberus and we rescued Gib from his abusive trainer after the guy tried to assault Autumn, though Emma tried to chew us out for it latter until we talked her down, and you recently aquiered a Chimchar.

In any case, these guys, especially this guy, are very powerful and working for Ennis. Lillian and her sister are rather skilled psychics; so they're likely trying to read you mind right now. Ennis is in the area and she's easily more powerful than both of the girls together. Big lugs and aura user and a powerful ghost like this one, long story, soooooo yeah. If you guys try anything, things are going to get real messy real fast. Just thought I'd gve you the heads up.
    he swiftly explained, already wondering where Emma and Autumn had gone.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-07-10 at 07:15 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Don't worry about her our group took some injuries so she's tending to Emma. They will stay over there as long as we are doing the trade. So you are here for this book then?"

Liam slowly brings out the book from his bag trying to look unthreatening

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

The book is snatched out of your hand and floats in front of the burly man, the pages slowly flipping through. The man studies each page carefully before nodding and grabbing it. Everything seems to be in order. Damien, you'll complete the exchange. He hoists HAWK and Sylvia into Damien-Ghost's arms and motions to deposit them by Liam. Once your done, you can return to your body and we will be on our way. I do apologize for the inconvience. We only intended to rough you up a bit.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"So where you two actually orphans or was that just a set up as well?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

hehehehehehehehe Lillian simply laughs and shoots a rather crude gesture with her 3rd finger at you. ITS NOT A DUPLICATE!
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"So anyway, you attacked the group to get back a book i found pretty much literally in a ditch. Why didn't you ask us for it or try and trade for it?"

Wonder how Damien found out Patty shot me, eh guess Rovi told him

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Enni was interested. After her little booby trap went off, she wanted to see more of you in action. Not sure what she'll make of your performance.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!