New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Successors of the Forgotten, part 3, Things just got serious (IC)

Sylvia send out Nimbles after changing into the one piece. She then entered the pool and followed the instructions, trying to avoid eye contract with Russ' banana hammock.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[13] str check
    (1d20+6)[23] dex check
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Successors of the Forgotten, part 3, Things just got serious (IC)

'I'll try Damien.' Aden tries to inhale but is wracked by pain, unable to budge. 'I'm scared Damien.... '

The man's glasses glow for a moment, and inverted symbols and text scrawl across them. The man's eyes follow the images, reading them. His curious gaze slowly devolves into silent dissapointment. How.... unfortunate. I thought I had some luck with Jillian grabbing you, but you aren't the right one. Something with your manifestation forced your coloration. And that little Eevee wasn't either, breed for it. That Arceus Damned Ennis has been a thorn in my side for too long, but no matter. They still have what I want, and I know how to get it. The man stoops over Jillian and retrieves Aden's pokeball, pointing it towards the Litwick. 'Damien, don't giv-' There is an odd sensation of simultaneous compression and expansion before the link is severed.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-08-26 at 05:44 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

Russ has trouble swimming, and has to wear a rubber ring. Man swims much better than his trainer, even if he was wearing little water wings.

Spoiler
    Show
    160xp

Sylvia on the other hand takes to the water, moving gracefully and in sync with her little Zigzagoon who swims circles around her and moves between her limbs with magestic timing.

Spoiler
    Show
    360 xp

Liam notices there are indeed many bounties open down in Sienna. A place like that tended to attract the best and the worst of people. A ding later and his clothes were dry.

Autumn claps the Lapras, which was still cool to the touch. It did feel a little dry. It may be a good idea to place it in some cold water for a while

Spoiler
    Show
    don't forget to use one pokeball to auto catch it
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Liam swaps out his pants and underwear for fresh ones and puts the slightly damaged ones in a compartment inside the bag to be dealt with later.

After getting changed he heads back to the kitchen to see if his pokemon had finished their meals. Checking to see if there where any advertisements online for someone wanting a Spinarak inside the city

Spoiler
    Show
    May as well make a luck roll here
    (1d100)[5]

5. - Top - End - #755
    Firbolg in the Playground

Autumn takes out her dusk ball and catches the young lapras, "Gerald, do you have a cold water pool that this little girl can use as a nursery?"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

Russ looks at Sylvia, a bit jealous. "Darn it... I'll practice my swimming an-" He was immediately dragged down back to the water by MAN, who comes back up and chuckles to himself. After struggling a bit under the water, he's back on his water tube. "Hey, MAN, that's not fair!"

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia smiles as she dances through the water with nimbles. "That was great Nimbles." She starts to swim toward the edge of the pool and climbs out of the pool with Nimbles riding on her head. "Did you have fun?" She petted the little creature.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

Liam gets a few offers. A Hoothoot, a Foongus, and a mystery egg.

Autumn is given permission to put it in the bath tub, or she could try down at the local gym and request to use the pool for a bit if she wanted something bigger. Sea water was probably a bad idea, since the beach here was quite hot.

Russ and Sylvia finish up their lesson for the day and get changed into their normal clothes. Nimbles shakes off all the water and ends up looking like a big brown puffball with eyes for the time being. MAN had to be wrestled away from the water wings, he wanted to keep them.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Liam writes down the address for the mystery egg and does one last check to see if anyone wanted pokeballs made in a rush and was willing to pay for outside people to do the work for them. Then relaxes at the dinner table for a few minutes with Shrike.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Russ takes off his water ring and heads to the locker room, glad to be out of the small speedo. "I'm gonna need to get a bigger one later... and wash my swim trunks." he says when he comes back. "So, Sylvia, did you have fun?" He grins, proud of the gym like it was his own gym.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia giggles at the sight of the brown puff ball as she dresses herself. "Yes, that was enjoyable." She answered Russ' question as she tried to pet down some of Nimbles' fur.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

Russ nodded, a bit proud that Sylvia liked the class. "So, what should we do now? I don't think everyone else is ready for the gym yet. They'd probably call us or something if they were." MAN climbs on his shoulders, waving an excited HI to Sylvia, before sitting down, content to go on for the ride.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, I would think they would." Sylvia nodded as she waved back to man. "You still have that egg Man and Roa had right? I guess we could try finding out what is in the egg exactly, but first I wanna stop by the center and check on a spearow from yesterday.." She wondered how the bird was recovering.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, right, yeah! Thanks for reminding me!" Russ recalled MAN and took out the egg, hurrying out the gym. To the Pokecenter! Even if they didn't know what to do with it, they'd probably have someone who could help out!

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Damien did his best to describe the cyber-ninja, his apparent handler and the situation Aden was stuck in, as he reached out to the Runner for aid; swearing internally as he came up empty. The mixture of fatigue and frustration eliciting him to slam his fist unto his side of the table; and as if in response, snow suddenly exploded from beside him, covering the right side the anxious trainer in frost. "I-I realize that," he said finally aknowledging the other trainer's presence as a shiver ran down his spine, worsening his reaction when he realized what was happening on Aden's side. "No, no muk! He's been paralyzed and can't move," exclaimed Damien, at his wits end; Aden's words tearing him to shreds inside, and upon realizing the man going for Aden's ball he knew what was coming and it only made it worse.

Aden, listen to me y-you gotta be brave okay? Things might get a bit rough, b-but remember it's always darkest before dawn okay. Don't lose hope, he said trying to keep his 'voice' steady, but most likely doing a poor job of it as his body locking up and his grip on the table tightened in an attempt to fight back the tears, the shear force of it all bringing him to the edge as the unknown man points the ball at Aden.

Aden, it's not over yet! I'm not gonna give up! Just you wait, I'm gonna find you, even if its the last thing I do! he practically yells through the link until it's finally severed.

"He only let the silence and frost fall on him for a moment before speaking up, "They've caught Aden...he, he's out of the fight," he admitted his body starting to tremble like his voice was. It took a moment, but he managed to pull himself back together; steeling himself enough to try reaching for the Runner once more, there was still some hope no matter how slim, that this could still be salvaged. In his current state he grabbed hold to that sliver for dear life.

Jillian's in danger! She's been knocked out in her room by a pair with the ability to teleport. I'm sorry; we couldn't hold them at bay any longer. Please save her while there's still hope!
    Spoiler
    Show

Channel Attempt: (1d100-22)[-12]
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-08-27 at 11:08 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

Liam makes a quick 700 working making balls on the street. He probably would have done better, but the streets were empty since what happened yesterday.

Sylvia collects her little bird from the Center, but is told not to use it for another half a day.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll get you the stats soon if you don't already have them.

The blue egg starts a debate from the breeders at the local center. Some insist it's a Shinx egg, others a Tympole egg, and others a Croagunk. It's blue and black coloration could be anything, it may indeed be a Rilou egg, but unless you asked an exert breeder, rather than these amatuers, the only way was to hatch it.

Damien connects with the Runner, and is filled with such emotion of anger, hate and fear that he fell's like he'd reach out and snap Gerald's or Autumn's neck. He sees the Runner dash out a room, along some steel corridor filled with unknown equipment, and jumps out a window. He runs across an open desert, and it looks to be dark where he is, to a bunker a few hundred feet away. He kicks the door right off the hinges, and spots Lillian safe and sound. After looking over her and ensuring she's safe, he tares down the warehouse looking for Jillian. When he rounds a corridor, he see's the two men standing over his daughter. He pulls out a pistol and unloads a clip at them, but the bullets are stopped by some sort of force-field. He throws a Shadow Ball out of his palm at the ninja, and it breaks the barrier, sending the robot against the wall with a sickening crunch.

'ETHAN, YOU BASTARD! I'LL KILL YOU.'

He runs forward and punches at the scientist. While he manages to block it with his robotic arm, the force of the thing destroys the arm completely and sends the man flying. The runner dashes forward again,ready to kill him, but has to stop and just barely dodges a strike from the ninja who was now up again. The ninja jumps back, grabbing the scientist, and engages device on his arm. The runner rushes in, and tries to Shadow Punch them, but they teleport away before he can stop them.

He rushes over to Jillian and quickly checks and finds she's just unconscious. He then collects his gun and reloads it. 'Damien, I owe you one. You saved my daughter, and I will not forget this. Me and Ennis are in your debt. Gallus is in your debt. But I fear you've seen too much. We'll be in touch soon.' He then puts the gun to his bodies head, pulls the trigger, and unloads a round straight into his head, severing the connection.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry if it seems too cutscene-ish, but nothing you could have done would have changed much. So I just posted it all now, rather than have you post to respond to it needlessly.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Liam wanders around town for abit after his pokeballs had failed to sell well wondering what to do fixing and making pokeballs as he walked. Before deciding to head out of town and looking for more apricorns in the nearby forest. Once out of the city he lets Gram out of her ball after all she hadn't spent much time out of her ball.

"I know you haven't had much chance to get stronger yet, but if anything jumps us while we're out i'll let you fight it rather than trying to capture it stright away and even if nothing attacks us hopefully you'll end up trusting me abit more. So either way just try to enjoy yourself today"

Spoiler
    Show
    Fix Quick ball roll DC15
    (1d20+8)[27]
    Fix Crystal ball roll DC15
    (1d20+8)[18]

Make a nest ball and a net ball (-800)

roll to find apricorns wisdom check
    (1d20+1)[9]

Should probably make a wild check since its outside the city
    (1d100)[20]

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia had a sad and guilty expression as she collected the spearow. She tries pets the bird as she continues to ask about the egg. "Is there someone around who is an expert breeder? Would be nice to know more about the egg."
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Russ stands still, holding the egg, still confused about what they're arguing about. "Well, it's probably a Riolu egg, since the girl who made it was a Riolu." And with that, he just nods.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Damien allows a small hopeful smile to form on his face, his gambit having paid off, "It's not over yet, I reached him in time!" he exclaimed hopefully before tensing once more as the Wave of Runner's fury came crashing down on his weary psyche. He'd felt emotional sympathy before, the worst having been when he channeled Geof a few days ago, but this, this was something else entirely. Damien had never been more thankful for his meditative trained than that moment, even has he strained his hands gripping the work desk and turned his head down towards the desk proper; quite certain that another person might have been overwhelm by this. The righteous fury of a father was a frightening thing.

The young medium remained eerily quiet as he whether the storm, oblivious to his surrounding for the moment; finally receiving respite once the danger had passed. Aden might have been lost, but at least the girl had been saved. He felt tired and out of breath, too slow to respond to the Runner's gratitude; and far too slow to realize what he was doing before it was too late, even slower to act. Wait Runner don't! he called out even as the trigger was being pulled.

Damien's legs finally gave out on him, falling flat on his hind quarters and unto the frost covered floor; his hands having moved to his mouth and and abdomen as the sudden vertigo struck him alongside the feedback from his channel dying out on him, mixing with his physical and emotional exhaustion. He sat there, eyes wide open from the sudden shock of it all; quietly doing his best to prevent himself from heaving, and his mind from calling up best buried memories. "Its...it's over now," he finally managed to say after a while between unsteady breaths.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

Liam thinks he spots a pink Apricorn on the ground, but actually picks up a Pokemon. 'Exeggcute!!!' it screams at him, and tries to hypnotizes Liam, but fails miserably.

Russ and Sylvia eventually track down a Breeder who seems fairly competent. He has a look at the egg for you.

Spoiler
    Show
    one of you, roll me a d4

Gerald places a hand on Damien's shoulder. 'Try to calm down. Think about what you saw. Anything you can remember can help when tracking them down.'

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Liam scans the mon before backing off and letting Gram get to grips with the egg.

Spoiler
    Show
    Scratch Normal, AC2, base 1d12+6, physical
    (1d20)[9]
    (1d12+16)[19]

Drillbur, Gram 8 (HP26/26, Atk 10, Def 10, Spc atk 3, Spc Def 6, Spd 7)

Liam shifts back 6 squares

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Damien took a minute to try and center himself, trying to block everything out as he focused on his breathing.; flinching slightly when Gerald touched him, but soon relaxing his muscles once more. After a little over a minute Damien finally trusted his voice enough to speak, "Well... Uhm," he spoke between breaths as he tried to organize his thoughts. "Does, the name....Ethan mean anything to you?" he asked, finally turning around to look at Gerald.

"That was scientists name. He had a...a mechanized arms like yours, and these weird glasses" he explained before swallowing, Arceus his mouth felt dry. "They, sorta lit up with text, like a HUD screen. He used it to study Aden; and he was the one ordering the ninja around. He wasn't wearing armor, that threw me off a bit, but... He had a forcefield too. Seems like he was able to by pass all of Gallus defenses without anyone realizing, not even the other people in the building." he explained before trying to see if he was forgetting anything, his breathing almost back to normal now.

"I think he has a grudge against Gallus; it sounded like they'd been foiling his schemes for a while now, Runner knew who he was the moment he set eyes on him. It sounded like he was going for Jillian as payback, once he found out Aden was their too he just tried to kill two birds with one stone." he added as he crossed his legs to make himself more comfortable, and relaxed his posture; resting his arms on his lap.

"He's looking for shiny pokemon, or rather a specific shiny; that's why they took Silver and made a grab for Aden, but they're not the ones he's looking for I think. Whatever it is he wants Gallus has it, or knows how to get it, I think." he said remembering the man's words about Aden, curious as to what he meant. In the end, he simply hoped that Aden's ball was still with Jillian and he'd finally see his friend once more. After all, this Ethan already knew Aden wasn't the one he wanted; he had no reason to take him then....right?
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald's eyes slowly narrow as he mentions Ethan, a hateful glare almost on par with the fury from the Runner as you finish.
    "Yeah, I know Ethan. Haven't managed to find him in thirty years, though I like to imagine some days, his right leg reminds him exactly what I'll do to him next time I get my hands on him. Used to work together. Void, we built our arms together!"
    His grip tightens on the chair, and finger indents are visible beneath it. After a little bit, he lets go and sighs.
    "Sorry, but I don't know where he is yet."

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

The Exeggcute took the hit, and launched a barrage attack at Gram. Gram takes 23 normal physical damage.

'Oh, this is an easy one. It's a Croagunk egg. They need to stay warm to survive, so your pokemon must have found it and tried to keep it warm all night.'
    Last edited by IrnBruAddict; 2012-08-29 at 03:39 PM.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Pretty tough for a bunch of scrambled eggs Gram lets try and finish it this time"

Liam runs forward and kicks the eggs trying to unbalance them for when Gram attacks with another scratch

Spoiler
    Show
    Trainer attack AC6 Base damage 1
    (1d20)[18]
    (1d10+7)[12]

Scratch AC2 Physical 1d12+6 base
    (1d20)[9]
    (1d12+16)[18]

Drillbur, Gram 8 (HP13/26, Atk 10, Def 10, Spc atk 3, Spc Def 6, Spd 7)

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

"Right... hey, Croagunk is a Fighting type too!" And so, Russ keeps the egg close to him, to warm it up some more!

28. - Top - End - #778
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Well, this is news at least, it's not really good news, but we have news about Aden and Silver, that's better than nothing, right?" Autumn says, "Might want to let Emma know about it, now, I have to go to get this little girl into the water."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Damien studied Gerald for a moment, wondering just how bad this Ethan had to be for both him and Gallus to react like that to him. He wondered for a moment of Ennis shared their sentiments, if she did then he hoped to never run into that man alone or at all if possible.

Damien nodded in response to Autumn, before turning back to Gerald,"Sooo, what now?" he asked as he started removing some of the inmelted frost from his skin and cloths; the moisture already seeping in through his pjs.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-08-29 at 04:26 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia frowns, a little disappointed that the egg wasn't Roa's but if Russ was okay with what the egg was then it wasn't a big deal then. "Thank you." She waved to the breeder as she exited. "I am going to head back to Gerald's and see what the others are doing and maybe call back home."

After getting to Gerald's, she finds Damien and Gerald together. "What happened here?" She asked as she noticed the ice and that Damien seemed exhausted.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show