New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Pokemon: Successors of the Forgotten, part 3, Things just got serious (IC)

Damien looked as if he were in deep thought as the pair made their way back to camp; stopping only to greet Sylvia and Russ as the two pairs crossed. Damien couldn't help but recall his conversation with Erica, realizing the depth of what she had been meaning. Once the two had found a comfortable spot he began his response.

"Well, I know that people that possess an affinity towards a certain type of pokemon are capable of forming a special bond with the... Essence of that type. This attunement helps such people raise and command them better. People with very strong connections can sense that essence, summon pokemon who have it as a dominant type, infuse others with it and even protect themselves and their moms from it." he explained with a some what distant look in his eye before turning to Autumn.

" It's been documented enough times, though it's still pretty esoteric stuff. In fact, I'm pretty sure most if the leaders in the old league had that kind of bond too; and I have a feeling move and type shifters were made based on their abilities too. You're connection makes you even more special, not weird; remember that. So don't worry about it too much; it's not like you're going to sprout leaves and develop a taste for fertilizer," he joked with a smile, trying to return the favor by calming whatever worries she might've been developing concerning her powers.

"As for your question," he began in a more serious tone. "No, I don't think it's a coincidence. Not at all. A lot of setup went into picking us all, and there are a lot beings watching us too; both in this world and the next. That much I'm sure of," he ended as he looked up at the night sky for a moment; taking in the night air.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Successors of the Forgotten, part 3, Things just got serious (IC)

Russ takes a quick glance at what Sylvia was pointing out after he dodged MAN's kick. "Hm. We should leave them alone." And then back to kicking practice he went.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia shrugged and continued to watched the two pokemon for a while. "Guess you're right. They're not hurting anyone, except maybe each other." She then turned back to Russ to watch him spar with his pokemon for a while before she figured it was a good idea. "Mind if Join in," She sent out Roa, "Like you said we do need to get stronger."
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hm. Sure. We're doing kicking practice, right now, though. Don't want any of us to get too hurt, in case something big comes this way." Russ nodded to himself. MAN, however, took the break to stare at Roa before moving close to her. "Hey, look, the two are getting along, it seems."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Firbolg in the Playground

Autumn looks down, "it's not being a freak that worries me, it's being possibly connected to one of the fairies, esspecially the one Gallus is going after," she rubs her arm, looking rather vulnerable, "It, makes me nervous, and a little on edge."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Roa looks over to Sylvia as MAN approaches her to see her trainer awkwardly smile and shrug. She then looks back at MAN and give a bit of a saucy smile. "I guess they are. Interesting." Sylvia commented.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Russ looked at the time on his Pokegear. "Ah. Well, we can't let them do their thing now. We only have a few more hours. MAN, come back here." MAN looked at Russ with a 'don't stop me' look, before turning back to Roa and giving her a goodbye kiss, walking back to Russ. "Right. I guess we'll all train, huh? Whatdya wanna do, Sylvia?"

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Roa looked disappointed as MAN walked away while Sylvia started giggling with her hand over her mouth. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to let them spar together for while." She suggested. "Just no funny business." Roa shot her trainer a funny look, to which she was met with a smirk.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright." Russ patted MAN's back, and then they started sparing. Russ just stood there and watched them go at it for a bit, taking a look around every few minutes.
    Last edited by KujiUn; 2012-07-14 at 11:53 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"I won't lie. It is a possibility, at least with the luck we seem to have. After all, the chances of both Emma and I ending up as Touched was pretty ridiculous to begin with," Damien began as he reached out to Autumn. "However that has no certainty; you may just as easily become Touched as you could end this quest no worse for wear. In fact, maybe you'll be stronger for it. Once we deliver the egg, you guys might be able to continue the league challenge just fine. Then again, maybe you'll be Touched by Shaymin or Virizion; meaning that Gallus won't have any interest in you. Then again, maybe you'll become Celebi's first or last Touched.

As it stands there's no point in over thinking the future; if there's anything I learned from my time with Chi, it's that the future is a long, winding, branching and generally convoluted mess of Ifs, Buts and Maybes. The future isn't set in stone, even future sight only reveals likely possibilities; it's the reason why celebi exists in the first place, to ensure the best possible outcome for the world.
    " he explained before pausing, his own eyes widening slightly in realization, before his face relaxed into a smile.

"Don't over think things Autumn; you won't accomplish anything except tearing yourself apart, or paralyzing yourself from worry and anxiety. Trust me Autumn, that is not a road you want to go down," he said with a smile and an odd gravity to his words.

"My advice is this; prepare for the worst, hope for the best, remember your roots, and live in the Present. I can't see the future, I can't change the past, and I can't stop you from doubting yourself, or worrying about the future; that's something only you can do. What I can do is help you to the best of my ability in the present, and support you regardless of what destiny throws our way. This I can promise you as your friend; and we Blacks are known for keeping our word," he ended in a Confident and reassuring tone.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-07-14 at 11:31 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia watched the two mons spar with each other for a while before she suddenly spoke. "I'm going to check around the camp site. Keep an eye out, I'll be back shortly." She started to make her lap around the camp, checking on how everyone else was setting in for the night. She then stopped by where she had left Emma. Figuring that her watch was going to start soon anyway. "Hey Emma." She knelled down and kissed her on the cheek before caressing her gently to wake her.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Emma rouses slowly. She stares at Sylvia almost absentmindeldly. C'mon back 'ere! I want more! She gropes the air in front of her, expectinginly, with a satisfied look on her face.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

"pleasant dreams I take it?" Sylvia leaned in to give Emma a quick peak on the lips. "As much as I would like to go more into this," She looked over towards Russ then back to Emma, "Tonight isn't really a good night. Technically i'm still on watch and I woke you to get ready for yours."
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

She turns her head to Sylvia lazily, eyes fluttering slowly. With a big yawn she stands, Thank you. and gives Sylvia a biiiiiiiig hug.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

"Right. It's Emma and Liam for the last shift, right?" Russ crouches next to Liam, shaking his arm. "Hey, Liam, wake up. It's your turn."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Liam slowly stands up and tries to stretch out abit before rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Right, anything happen during your watch?"

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

"Just two Pokemon fighting. Me and MAN are gonna get some rest now, alright?" Russ then sat down, back leaning on a nearby tree. "Well..." a yawn escaped from his mouth, "good night."
    Last edited by KujiUn; 2012-07-15 at 10:05 AM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia returned the hug before resting against the tree again. "Anytime." She smiled as Roa approached her trainer and rested in her lap.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Liam and Emma take their watch. After a short while of uncomfortable silence, Liam spots something bug like descending from the trees above Emma, threatening to land on her head if he stays silent.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Liam scans the bug before Flashing it with his flashlight

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

As you flash your flashlight at it, you startle Emma, who falls off her seat and onto her back.

'Argh, what the hell Liam!?!'

The thing then shoots web at you, and tries to yank your flashlight away from you.

(STR check)

Spoiler
    Show
    Spinarak
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Liam clenches his fist to stop his gauntlet being pulled off before taking a swing at the bug with his other hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    Trainer attack
    (1d20)[9]
    (1d10+7)[8]

Str check
    (1d20-2)[16]

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Liam tugged at the string, and the little spider flew towards him and landed on the gauntlet. Liam punched at it, but it simply fired a poison sting at his face. 17 damage.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Shaking his arm to get it off he then trys hitting it with a friend ball

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100-8)[5]

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

The thing disappears inside a friend ball, while Emma pulls herself off the ground.

'Ahh!?! What the heck just happened?'

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Bug was behind you, figured neither you or the others would appreciate me taking a shot at it so Flashed it with my light"

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Emma pulls herself up. 'Well, I suppose I should thank you then. That was rather well thought out of you. Umm, why don't you and that flashlight stick by me during our watch, just incase.' Emma spens the rest of the watch on edge.

After a long dark night, the sun rises. It must have been early morning. Russ and Autumn wake to find their pokemon had wandered off in the middle of the night.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

"Roa?" Sylvia yawned before noticing her lapped was missing her little fighter mon. "Roa?!" She stood up and started to look around.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"No problem better go and get the others up and ready to go"

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Roa and MAN are soon found sleeping next to each other in the bushes. A small egg is next to them.