New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep II: Electric Boobaloo

[Forge]

"Come with me then,"
    Harnel says, moving towards the keep. If Morty doesn't object, Harnel will take him all the way up to the children's room, where the pair of them are playing with stuffed animals inside their crib. Cora is currently playing with a giraffe, whose head she's gumming, and Bastion is flopping on a bear.

Harnel couldn't be more proud right now.

[Courtyard]

"I'll need some way of getting the word around, of course. Probably just- wait. An open challenge! What better way to show off fighting skill than by having people fight me?" he grins, "I'm liking this more and more."
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-09-18 at 05:29 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Forge==> Children's Room]

A moment after they entered the room the sorceress enters as well. "Oh... you found them." Cessie comments as soon as she see Harnel and Wenomir. "I assume you did well at the forge?"

[At the Cliffs]

"Yes, thank you for noticing." Cessie replies with a smile as slowly reaches out her hand towards the two pixies, inviting to her open palm. "Want to see something cool?"

Meanwhile Bastion is trying to confirm the bug-lady is real by poking her, seemingly unsure what to really do. Cora won't let him get all the tiny persons attention though and quickly attempt to crawl forward and grab at Sarah again. What an annoying baby.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

[Forge]

"Yes we did, Cessie," Wenomir says as he walks over closer to the two babies, smiling. He doesn't go very quickly though, and he doesn't lean over the crib. He doesn't want to scare them and he's aware he's got the sort of face that scares children.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

Courtyard

"Uh, not sure about that, but if it works, I guess? I know a few places I could post some information. Not just the wall, I mean, but if you want the most people to know then you should put something on the wall. Let's see... I bet watchtower has some that would be interested, HALO, maybe GLoG, but I'm not sure. AMEN, probably, but I don't know if you want anyone there to know. Some things around riverside, maybe... but stuff over there is kind of crazy right now."

Kirin is somewhat busy pondering this at this point. "The Keep probably wouldn't be the best place to do it, someplace more open, and with less valuables around. Bet we could find a patch of dirt just somewhere out in the middle of nowhere we could spiff up."

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

[Children's Room]

The babies are somewhat hard to perturb, actually. Being part dragon does that. When they see Wenomir, Cora stands op in the crib, using the sides to support her as she reaches out for the new person with one hand and a smile on her face. Bastion doesn't really move, just looking over in Wenomir's direction.

"We've agreed to work together on building an axe for him out of that same material I made his sword so long ago."

[Courtyard]

"Maybe contact the contractor's union to set up an arena and training yard," he says, "We'll avoid Riverside for now, but we can certainly set up posts in all sorts of places for advertisement. In inside, as well."

6. - Top - End - #366

[Children's Room]

"Ah, but you really should clean yourself off better before you approach the children, working in the smith makes you awfully dirty." The sorceress tells Harnel while wiping off a smudge off the half-dragons apron while moving up close to him.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-20 at 07:12 AM.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

[Children's Room]

Wenomir reaches out to Cora with one hand, still smiling. He does like children, even though it would be very hard to get him to admit it.
    "Hey there, kids. I'm Wenomir," he says.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [At the Cliffs]

"Yes, thank you for noticing." Cessie replies with a smile as slowly reaches out her hand towards the two pixies, inviting to her open palm. "Want to see something cool?"

Meanwhile Bastion is trying to confirm the bug-lady is real by poking her, seemingly unsure what to really do. Cora won't let him get all the tiny persons attention though and quickly attempt to crawl forward and grab at Sarah again. What an annoying baby.
    [At the Cliffs]

The two children peer curiously at her hand/ Something cool? That sounds great. "Yeah!" Henry says while Lyle just nods.

Sarah laughs and flies out of Cora's reach again. She sure is persistent. She moves behind Bastion and looks at his wings. "Ooh, you're going to be able to fly, aren't you? I bet your dad will have to teach you. You're going to like that."

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

[Children's Room]

Harnel looks at Wenomir. He has a snappy comeback prepared, but it has sexual overtones, and he doesn't want to embarrass Cessie in front of Wenomir, "Alright, I'll go wash up then," he says, before moving off in the direction of the washroom.

Cora will wrap her hand around one of Wenomir's fingers, a look of sheer glee on her face, before she starts shaking and jumping up and down. "Wabaa!" she says enthusiastically. This likely won't have any effect on the demon hunter, but he'll be able to feel Cora's little claws against his skin. Given their current softness, it's actually a rather pleasant sensation.

Bastion stands up along the side of the crib like his sister, before putting a hand in his mouth and simply staring at Wenomir with wide blue eyes.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Courtyard]

"Maybe contact the contractor's union to set up an arena and training yard," he says, "We'll avoid Riverside for now, but we can certainly set up posts in all sorts of places for advertisement. In inside, as well."

"I know a few places. We just need to be smart with the marketing."
    Kirin doesn't have a real good idea what kind of marketing to use, but marketing is an important part.

11. - Top - End - #371

[Children's Room]

I had the feeling he would do something like that.

The sorceress turns to (now former) demon hunter however, "Aren't you pretty dirty as well Wenomir?" She's keeping quiet about asking what he actually think about the babies.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

[Children's Room]

Wenomir lets Cora tug at his finger to her heart's content. He forgot how curious babies can be. He extends his other hand to Bastion.
    "I actually haven't done anything in the forge yet. Just talked with Harnel. I can go wash up if you want me to, though," he says. Those are her children, after all, and she can hardly be blamed for caring about hygiene in their room.

13. - Top - End - #373

[At the Cliffs]

"Ah, I see." Awkward. "I guess it shouldn't be needed then." Cessie remarks while Cora is busy attempting to suck on Wenomir's index finger. Bastion regards the demon hunter a bit more cautiously, just trying to feel his hand gently.

"They can be rather... curious." The sorceress comments, seemingly unsure what to really say.

[At the Cliffs]

A spark is brought to life just above the mages palm and slowly starts to ascend towards the sky like a sparkler. The energy is pure (elemental) light however and won't even hurt if touched.

Bastion looks around, now where did the flying lady go?
    Hearing her voice he turns around with a big baby smile on his face, there she was!

Cora sits down on the spot, looking grumpy, why couldn't she get to play with the bug woman?

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

[Children's Room]

"That's how children are," Wenomir says as he lets the two babies tug and gnaw on his fingers. He doesn't mind. "You and Harnel must both be very proud."

15. - Top - End - #375

[Children's Room]

"Proud? They're only children so far, I'm sure there is plenty to be proud of later however." Apparently she isn't sure what he means by that. "It feels strange, having them I mean." She pauses, looking at the two babies thoughtfully. "Are you planning to have kids Wenomir?"

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

[Children's Room]

Wenomir tilts his head, uncertain.
    "To be honest, I have no idea. I've never really thought about it. I'm not sure I can imagine myself as a father. And I'm even less sure if KR wants to be a mother."

17. - Top - End - #377

[Children's Room]

"I can't blame either of you. Getting children is a big decision and I don't believe everyone should take that step. But it should be your decision and yours alone, I personally thought about it for years before I finally decided to have a child. It was a very tough decision for me personally." Cessie admits.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Cliffs]

Sarah is momentarily distracted when Cessie does her little trick. She has her full attention on her children for the moment and a slightly worried expression on her face.

The two very small small children are watching the little light with fascination. They gradually fly up after it, never taking their eyes off it. Henry suddenly giggles and flies forward to try and grab it.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

[Baby Room]

Harnel comes back from the washroom at this point, and grins when he sees the babies latching onto Wenomir's hands, "I think Bastion likes you. He doesn't like anybody. He barely even likes Cessie and I."

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

[Baby Room]

"Yes, I agree. Mind you, a child KR and I wouls have would probably be pretty terrifying once it grows up," Wenomir says jokingly and then Harnel enters. "Maybe he senses a kindred grumpy soul in me," he says in response to Harnel's comment, looking down at Bastion.

21. - Top - End - #381

[Baby Room]

"I wouldn't say that Harnel, Bastion might not be as curious as Cora but he's a great deal more gentle than her. That's a very valuable character trait. The best way to win the trust of other people is with kindness." Cessie points out as she smiles at Bastion who is just looking back at Wenomir right now.

"Children are a lot of work though Wenomir and while you will love them with all your heart, they will make you sacrifice a lot of time and devotion to take care of them." She remarks.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Streets]

"Of course, but we're almost at the keep at this point so let's focus on turning ourselves back now so we don't need to suffer this embarrassment any more." Cessie replies as they finally reach the cliffs. Now they just need to go up them, the next post can probably in Mithar Keep.
    [Outside the Keep]

"Yeah, that'd be nice." If Cessie wasn't invisible, Sakura would have almost forgotten that she looks really weird at the moment. She's just glad only Cessie had to see this. Adir would never let her live it down.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

[Baby Room]

"He's also incredibly grumpy at everything," Harnel says, smiling, "He's a complex individual, even at this age."

Cora, for her part, will be trying to chew on Wenomir's hand without teeth. Bastion will simply lay his hand in the palm of the demon hunter's and then look into the Wenomir's eyes. He seems to be thinking of something different than most baby thoughts.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

[Baby Room]

"Oh, I know," Wenomir says in response to Cessie. "I may have no children on my own, but I saw a lot of them in my home village. Although obviously they were raised differently than yours." He then looks down at the twins again, letting Cora chew on his hand to her heart's content. "Bastion does look thoughtful for his age, though."

25. - Top - End - #385

[Outside the Keep]

"Quite." Cessie replies curtly as the gates opens up before them. Now to just sneak inside without Harnel noticing.

Cessie will lead Sakura inside the keep and towards her lab unless someone happens to bump into them.

[Baby Room]

"We haven't really begun raising them yet honestly, they are only a couple of months old after all. I for one aim to raise them with the same sort of values I have grown up with." Cessie says, which presumably means a conservative fashion sense. Can't imagine they keeping that up in the nexus though...

[At the Cliffs]

Being (elemental) light the worst thing that could happen is Henry being blinded by the light. He won't be able to catch it either though as it starts to fly away from him.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside => Inside]

Sakura seems greatly amused at the attept at being stealthy as they move through the keep. Of course, it's a lot easier for Cessie, being invisible. Sakura stands out like a sore thumb seeing as how brightly coloured she is right now.

[At the Cliffs]

Henry seems content to just follow it higher and higher. That is unil his mother speaks up. "Henry." She says in a warning tone. The little boy turns around quickly and looks ashamed. he quickly returns to his brother's side.

"I wanna see more." Lyle says, speaking up for the first time.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside]

As the pair of women get inside, while on the first floor, Cessie and Sakura will be on the first floor when the door to the kitchen opens and Harnel steps out. Due to their earrings, Cessie will have a moment to do something to hide when she realizes Harnel is about to come out.

He seems to be carrying a plate of garlic mashed potatoes towards his study, but he'll stop and look in her direction when he detects Cessie, even if he doesn't see her.

[Baby Room]

Harnel just grins, "I support her attempt."
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-10-09 at 08:09 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388

[Inside]

Those earrings started to get rather annoying aren't they? If Harnel can feel her presence, hiding isn't going to do much considering she's already invisible.
    I'm actually surprised he doesn't pay more attention to Sakura considering the way she's looking.

Cessie stops dead but quickly remembers she's still invisible, at least she would be spared that embarrassment. "Should have made you invisible as well." She whispers to Sakura, guess they had to explain a thing or two now huh?

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside]

He certainly sees Sakura, even if he doesn't see Cessie. "Whoops." She scratches the back of her head, not really sure how to begin explaining this. "Uh, hi Harnel."

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside]

Harnel frowns with concern, as Cessie will be able to feel through their bond, "What happened? Why are you hiding, Cessie?"

He puts the plate of food he was carrying on a nearby end table.