New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep II: Electric Boobaloo

[At the Cliffs]

As Cessie reads, she'll hear a small voice coming from the direction of her children. "Look at you two. Aren't you adorable." A pixie woman has landed at the edge of the blanket the babies are on, likely not making the elemental very happy. She's not alone, though. In one arm she holds a two year old boy, and in her free hand she holds the hand of a child identical to the first.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

[At the Cliffs]

The elemental is indeed not very happy and glowers at the fey creatures. Cessie however is more forgiving as she see the fey. Even if the fey that had harassed her lately had giving her a great deal of trouble, she was willing to give another mother the benefit of doubt.

"Hello there, is there anything I can help you with?" She asks while putting away the book.

The elemental stands perfectly still but isn't ready to just let them go just yet. It's acting the part of Cessie's paranoia here which is especially strong when it comes to her children.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Cliffs]

The pixie tears her attention away from the babies to look over at Cessie. "Hi, we were just passing through and I saw your adorable children."

The boy holding her hand gives it a tug and points at the quarter dragon twins. "They're big!" There's something odd about the children when Cessie gets a good look at them. They look... strangely like Adir. Similar skin tone, same colour hair, deer like ears. They're eyes are even deer like, though Cessie isn't close enough to really see them. And what's more, their mother doesn't have any of these traits. The main signs that they're her children are in the similar wings and some aspects of facial structure.

4. - Top - End - #334

[At the Cliffs]

The mage smiles, "So you guessed they were mine?" She asks while getting up from the chair and walks up to the pixies. Meanwhile Sora appear to have notice the little people and is quickly crawling towards them.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Cliffs]

"Of course. I knew their mother wouldn't be far away, and you fit the bill better than rocky over here." She nods to the elemental. She understand that kids might not look too much like one of the parents after all. "I'm Sarah by the way. This is Lyle." She nods toward the boy in her arms. "And this is Henry." And a nod toward the one holding her hand. Henry waves at Cessie enthusiastically, but his brother just looks away and wraps his arms around Sarah.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-09-11 at 07:27 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336

[At the Cliffs]

The mage chuckles and waves back at Henry, "I'm Cessie Mithar." The sorceress replies while putting her hand on her chest. "And this is Cora and Bastion." She gestures towards the two as the earth elemental suddenly puts it's hand in front of Cora who was readily approaching the pixie family with that goofy baby-smile on her face.

"To be honest, wouldn't find me near them that often. My husband is usually the one taking care of them." She states while Cora, who have failed to crawl over the elementals arm now attempts to climb around it.

Bastion is looking curiously at his sister while stuffing his own hand in his mouth and starts to drool all over it.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-12 at 01:39 PM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Cliffs]

"Oh really? Well that's nice." Sarah guesses that husband means something like mate or similar. "I usually have to take care of these little guys myself, unless friends help out."

The pixie looks a bit disappointed when the elemental stops Cora. She'd been hoping the baby would reach her. "He sure is protective." She observes.

8. - Top - End - #338

[At the Cliffs]

"That's just me I'm afraid, the elemental is like an extension of my will." The mage explains. "You really like to met her then? I doubt she really understand how to be gentle." She still recalled how Cora had tried to eat a few bugs, what if she did the same to the pixies? "Babies are usually best interacted with from a distance." She says with a smile. They were a lot of work, she couldn't imagine herself watching over them all the time. The elementals did make the job a lot easier though.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Cliffs]

"Oh sure. I'm sure I can handle her." Sarah doesn't agree with Cessie's last sentiment, but she doesn't comment on it now. Instead she sets Lyle down and instructs him and his brother to go play on the edge of the blanket.

The the pixie flits over closer to Cora, but far enough to let the baby close the rest of the distance herself. Besides, she'd better make sure she has Cessie's permission first.

10. - Top - End - #340

[At the Cliffs]

Cessie was half-joking after all, hence the smile. "Alright, just be careful. Cora can be pretty rough, she loves pulling my hair." The sorceress says with another smile as the elemental lifts it's hand to allow Sarah to pass.

Cora looks in wonder at the elemental and then at the pixie before slowly moving towards her while exclaiming her excitement.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Cliffs]

"Hey there, Cora." It seems that babytalk is universal. She takes a few steps toward the baby. Yeesh, what a big baby. She's way bigger than Sarah is, that's for sure.

12. - Top - End - #342

[At the Cliffs]

"Da! Da! Da!" Cora exclaims happily as she reaches out to touch the pixie under Cessie's supervision. Sarah might note Bastion is also approaching them however, his hand still covered in his own saliva.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-09-12 at 06:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Cliffs]

Sarah will let the baby touch her just so long as she doesn't get grabby. Babies are always so curious about everything. It's good to let them explore what catches their interest. *nodnod* Just so long as that doesn't involve grabbing her wings. "How old are they now?" The pixie asks.

Meanwhile, the two pixie boys are wrestling with each other at the edge of the blanket. Sarah's sure to keep them in the corner of her eye. Toddlers can sure get into mischief.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-09-12 at 10:13 PM.

14. - Top - End - #344

[At the Cliffs]

"Just a few months." Cessie replies, still finding it amazing those two came from her. Cora attempts to grab a hold of Sarah's arm meanwhile to see what the tiny winged lady really was.

Bastion is closing in as well, now wanting to see what he's sister is up to. "Feels like they're growing so fast though." Ah, baby talk, she hadn't had that in a while. Usually Harnel dealt with this.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Cliffs]

"I know that feeling. They grow up so fast." Sarah moves her arm out of Cora's reach and flutters backward a bit. "No no no. No grabbing."

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Forge]

Wenomir nods and rubs his chin.
    "Hm. Not sure if mithral will work. An axe hilt can't be too light, or it won't have enough force behind it. Helliron might work. If only for the delicious irony when I use it on Terrowin's fellow cultists," Wenomir says. They still have a score to settle with the Cult of Dalachrech. "Maybe we could try to find out its properties on our own."
    [Forge]

Harnel nods, "My wife has enough materials in her lab we should be able to test just about any property it might have."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

[Forge]

Wenomir nods.
    "Good to hear. Also, how much of the meteorite iron we used for my sword do you still have?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

"Alright, stop," Harnel says after a while, "You should be aiming for joints rather than the face; there's a whole lot of insticts bent on keeping a person's face from getting hit by things, and that includes claws. you'll find it a lot easier to go for joints. then, when they're exausted a bleeding, you can go for the throat and eyes. By that point they'll be too sluggish to act on their instincts."

[Forge]

"Enough,"
    Harnel says. He knows how to stretch a small amount of good material.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

[Forge]

"Then I suppose that if the helliron doesn't suit our purposes, we can make the axe from it," Wenomir says. "The sword we made from it a year ago has served me well so far."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Dwarf in the Playground

Courtyard

Kirin stops when told. She doesn't seem too tried, but was definitely exerting herself. "Okay. I'll try to keep that in mind. Any other hints?"

21. - Top - End - #351

[At the Cliffs]

Cora giggles in childish delight as Sarah flies away and sits up while Bastion who now have crawled up to them look disappointed at the fact the tiny talking person flies away from him.

"Not fast enough though, they are so depend at this age. But sister says that you're going to miss that once they're grown however."

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Cliffs]

Sarah flies around Cora to hover in front of Bastion. "Look who decided to come and see me. You're as cute as your sister, you know that?"

It seems the moment their mother's attention is elsewhere, Henry and Lyle take off and go to fly right up to Cessie's face. They've never seen anyone so huge! Of course, they're still in Sarah's line of sight, so they aren't really getting away with anything.

23. - Top - End - #353

[At the Cliffs]

"Gooo!" Cora exclaims as she see that her brother now have the talking bug's attention and starts to crawl towards them. Bastion on the other hand looks in wonder at the little lady before he slowly reaches out with his little hand to touch her.

Meanwhile their mother looks a bit unsure how to handle pixie babies, she barely knew how to handle her own after all. "Erm, hello there. You're not going to pull my hair now are you?" She asks the two with a smile, hopefully they weren't as aggressive as her own children could be.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Forge]

"Then I suppose that if the helliron doesn't suit our purposes, we can make the axe from it," Wenomir says. "The sword we made from it a year ago has served me well so far."
    [Forge]

"I can do that," Harnel says, grinning, "It'll be ready in a few days. you can pick it up then."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Courtyard

Kirin stops when told. She doesn't seem too tried, but was definitely exerting herself. "Okay. I'll try to keep that in mind. Any other hints?"
    [Courtyard]

"Most of my unarmed fighting is too instinctive to really give you any other tips about it, unless you wanted to become a warblade. That'd take a lot of practice though." Harnel scratches his chin, "... actually, this gives me an idea..."
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-09-18 at 04:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

[Forge]

"Actually, I'd like to help in making it, like I did with my sword. You know, if it's not too much trouble," Wenomir says.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Dwarf in the Playground

Courtyard

Kirin is massaging some of her fingers a bit. Raking her claws against things hurts... "Warblade? Well, I'm not really interested in becoming some amazing unarmed fighter. I've heard some of the stories, especially what you can do with magic and unarmed training, but I don't think- wait, you were saying something?"

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

"A warblade is a fighter who uses one or more of the nine schools of swordsmanship is all," Harnel says, "I'm thinking I might open a school. It'll give me some experience in teaching for when my children are old enough to learn, and I can make a good amount of money off it. if there's anything the Nexus needs, it's self defense, given the nature of this place."

[Forge]

"That'd be perfectly fine, honestly," Harnel says, "I can get the materials prepped and ready whenever you want."

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

[Forge]

"Thank you. I'll drop by soon, then. Now, Cessie mentioned that she wanted me to meet the twins while I'm here. And I do want to meet them too, to be honest," Wenomir says.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Dwarf in the Playground

Courtyard

"Hah, true. I don't think I would like to really study swords, I think they would be too heavy for me, that's why I want to learn knife fighting. The idea is good, though. I think you could do it!" She doesn't have a lot of basis for this encouragement, but she's sincere.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Cliffs]

Just as long as Bastion doesn't grab her, she'll allow it. If he pushes too hard on her she'll be shoved backward fairly easily, however. "Yes, you get attention too now."

The two kids giggle and shake their heads. Henry points at her hair. "Long hair." It's definitely longer than his mother's, and it suddenly seems very interesting.