New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep II: Electric Boobaloo

Another instance of Cessie's Lab

"Something pretty big. Not super big, especially not now that I improved your dress, but something pretty big. I can't really think of anything at the moment, but you'll know when I do think of something!"

Probably because she'll up and do it with minimal warning.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I see." Cessie replies, slowly turning to Mia. "Do you have any ideas what Kirin could use her powers for Mia?"

[Half-Dragon, Mage, and Avarition]

"There is a lot of stuff I haven't been able to tell you yet. I could show you though, I think you would like it actually. This fortress looks pretty gloomy for instance. I can make it look a bit better if you just allow me." The creature explains.

"...right. Can it prove it's existence in some other way then? Beacuse I can't even read a eldritch signature if it's really there." Cessie asks with a raised eyebrow.

3. - Top - End - #753

Mia is watching the silver process and looks a bit bored.

"You spend a lot of your energy for that?"

She shakes her head in disbelive. Manipulation of metal is one of the low rank things Mia knows. At least it makes building machines and robots much easier.

"If I got things right, then you said the dragon bone has something that effects demons. I wonder if she is able to create a plant that has a simular effect."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #754
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I did spend a lot of energy on that. I don't have a notable magical gift nor any kind of empathy with metal, and I gave it a permanent magic effect. Between these factors, it took a lot of energy."

Kirin begins casually drifting around again.

"As for the dragon bone? I have insufficient data to do anything like that. I can make assumptions, but without more information than is at my disposal I can't actually do anything more on that subject."

5. - Top - End - #755

"I personally believe the effects do not lie within the bone itself, but the essence which seem to react to the very idea of a dragon." Cessie says to Mia. "So even if you could make a plant out of dragonbone, the essence might not see it as such." She then turns to Kirin. "In any case, if you really like to help out, can't you try to analyze this black essence from these so-called 'demons?" She suggests.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"There is a lot of stuff I haven't been able to tell you yet. I could show you though, I think you would like it actually. This fortress looks pretty gloomy for instance. I can make it look a bit better if you just allow me." The creature explains.

"...right. Can it prove it's existence in some other way then? Beacuse I can't even read a eldritch signature if it's really there." Cessie asks with a raised eyebrow.

Harnel says, "No, thank you, that's quite alright. I rather like the keep the way it is now. Could you just make a gold coin or something?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

7. - Top - End - #757

"Of course! Just one minute..." And the next moment Harnel will be buried in a giant pile of gold coins.

"Ops." He hears through the coins, "A bit much."

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

And this is precisely why Harnel didn't make an initial wish. He'll push the bag off himself before standing up... and then sitting on it like it was a beanbag chair.

"It says it made too much by mistake."

9. - Top - End - #759

The mage grins at Harnel as he emerges from the pile. "I would have been shocked, but you just look too cute coming up from that." She gives him a quick kiss on the cheek before looking around suspiciously. "So it's here right now, watching us? What is it like?" She still recalled what happened last time they were near a giant pile of gold.

"Sorry about that, it's just an example of what I can do. Each gold coin wasn't just created out of nothing, they are actually hand-made, drawn from my own plane. Made by the finest of artists." The creature explains, smiling at Harnel.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel will attempt to reach into the bag to pull out a coin and study it. He points in the direction of the Avarition, "Right there."

"So, wait, if these are all hand-crafted by artisans, won't they be upset at your taking them?"

11. - Top - End - #761

"I see." The sorceress says, staring in the direction the half-dragon pointed. "So back to my earlier question, what exactly is this creature?"

As Harnel study the coin he will be able to see it have a golden pyramid inscribed into it, looking very much like the creature itself as well as some strange symbols carved around it which might be letters. "Oh no, the artists work under me. I'm their employer and all the coins they make are actually mine. I'm sure they just enjoy that their handiwork is appreciated by someone as good-hearten as yourself." It explains with a smile.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel will hand the coin to Cessie, "That's a good depiction of it," he turns towards the avarition, "She's right though. You haven't actually explained anything to me. Your name, what exactly you are, barely anything."

Should the avarition choose to explain itself, Harnel will relay the information.

13. - Top - End - #763

Cessie looks closely at the coin, "Yes, that is quite odd. What does this inscription here mean?"

"Ah, yes. I probably should explain. My race is from an eternal plane we call avaric which is a manifestation of what other beings find valuable. Whatever material you need, it exist there. Therefore our race is more interested in things you find worthless, things that don't exist in our realm. So we travel through other planes, trading these things. It's natural for us and as far as I can tell, we have been doing it ever since the dawn of time. Sometimes we recruit people who are willing to come to our realm to work with the materials we have and therefore make it even more valuable. Like those coins for instance." It explains. "As for the inscription, it's actually some commercial for my plane. It says 'come to avarice, the home of all that you may treasure'."

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

As said, Harnel will relay this information to Cessie, "This doesn't explain why I can see you and Cessie can't, though."

15. - Top - End - #765

"Ah, that's because only those who truly value wealth can really see us. We are tied to wealth very much like concepts or elementals you see?" It explains.

"Stranger and stranger, dear, ask what it can do exactly." Cessie asks as she absorbs this information.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's right. What all can you do?"

Not much else to say in this post...

17. - Top - End - #767

"I'm not sure of my limitations yet actually. I just left avaric to travel the multi-verse as is our customs. First I needed to establish a chain of production such as the one making these coins. I can draw any material from my world into this one however, and the opposite." The avarition says.

"Sounds like something you have value of at the very least. Though I can think of a few uses as well." Cessie considers.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel nods, "What would you try to get, Cessie?"

19. - Top - End - #769

"A few materials I need for my research, I'm not actually sure if it would be safe to just teleport them here though. Perhaps once I got a chance to prepare a bit." She replies.

"I could put on a thin layer of gold over the entire exterior if you so wish. Much better then black, don't you think?" The creature suggests with a smile. "Or perhaps another material? I can't leave until my debt is repaid."

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, thank you. I like the castle made out of the material it currently is," Black granite is solid, strong, and ominous. A threat to those who would try a home invasion. Gold just looks gaudy and weak. And showing off. Likely just to attract thieves.

"Do you mind sticking around a while longer? I don't have any ideas I'd like to get at the moment, and my wife would need time to prepare for her ideas."

21. - Top - End - #771

"Very well, I'll stand by then." It replies with a smile. "But as I said, I'll stay around until the debt is paid off. I'll assist you with anything you could need help with.

"So exactly how large is this things debt? It sounds so vague." Cessie asks Harnel.

Once he translated it replies. "Ah, well that's for me to define. I love helping out though, my people gain strength by just giving people things. It's what defines our very nature."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-01 at 08:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel relays this as well, "Well, thank you for that. I'll let you know once I've thought of something I really want, alright?"

He stands and picks up the massive bag of gold, "I'll go put this in the treasury." and he'll go to do that.

23. - Top - End - #773

[The Avarition, the half dragon and the time skip]

Some time later the golden creature will fly up to Harnel again. "So have you considered at all? Perhaps you like a few suggestions? I could for instance make your clothes or skin like gold. Or make a statue of you made of diamonds. Or a new servant golem... out of aldaric glass!" It exclaims.

"Or perhaps you want something different, hm? Whats on your mind?" It peers at him curiously.

[At the door]

There is a loud knock at the door at some other time, looks like Kirin is the only one nearby. But will she dare open it again?
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-01 at 09:02 PM.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel will probably be reading in his study at the moment when the avarition approaches him. It's entirely possible the Avarition has looked between the books he has in here, which include such things as manuals on forging techniques, a history of love songs, and a treatise on various forms of combat, including one that involves the use of something called "Ki".

The book Harnel is currently reading, though, is Calvin and Hobbes. He's making sure it's acceptable for his children to read once they're old enough.

"I have, but I'm sort of at a loss for what to ask for. all the things I want are rather... bad."

25. - Top - End - #775
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Will post here after I figure out Kirin's reaction.))

At the door

But of course! Kirin will go to the door to welcome the person cordially. It's kind of her job, you know. She gets paid for it.

Unless there is something really weird on the other side, Kirin will say, "Welcome to Mithar Keep! How may I help you today?"

26. - Top - End - #776

"Bad?" It asks with a smile, which is no different from a grin as it seem to lack teeth. It's mouth is but an black emptiness "I can't imagine you wanting bad things Harnel. You are the nicest person I have met so far. Surely it can't be that bad can it? Needs are natural after all." It asks gently, flying down to land on the half-dragons desk.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Study]

Harnel rubs his chin, contemplating. When this thing was around, it always seemed like certain ideas were better than they'd normally be. He hasn't actually realized this yet himself, but its effects are undeniable.

"Well I... ugh, I shouldn't."

28. - Top - End - #778

[Harnel's Study]

"Someone told you that you should be ashamed of your desires and wishes?" It's single eye forming into a frown. "Because I'm pretty sure that person is a liar. A good person like you shouldn't feel ashamed of himself."

At the door

On the other side of the door is a small blue baby carriage with a note attached to it.
    "Please take care of little Tim. I can't take care of him anymore so I leave him to you. He needs all the love and attention he can get."
    -Someone

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Study]

Harnel coughs quietly, "Well, I have a thing for women with large breasts. and while my wife isn't small, I'm... well, I'm greedy in that sense, you know? She's never appreciated the times when her bust has gotten larger though."

30. - Top - End - #780

[Harnel's Study]

The little creature looks confused at Harnel. "Her what?"