New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

wink [PF / PEACH] The Swarm That Walks, +1 CR Vampire

The Swarm That Walks [+1 CR]
    Maggots, flies, beetles, worms, and ants devour your flesh as you stare up in paralyzed, helpless horror. The poison in your blood binds them to you even as the insects die...and become animated once more to continue their feast.

Ability Scores: Str -6, Dex +4, Int +2 As an undead creature, a Swarm has no Constitution score.

Type: The base creature’s type changes to undead. It gains the augmented subtype. Do not recalculate BAB, saves, or skill ranks. Note that while a Swam has the ability to discorporate into a swarm, and while its body is made up of countless wriggling worms, it does not itself gain the swarm subtype.

Senses: As the base creature, plus darkvision 60 feet and blindsight 30 feet.

Hit Dice: Change all racial Hit Dice to d8s. Class Hit Dice are unaffected. As undead, Swarms use their Charisma modifier to determine bonus hit points (instead of Constitution)

Skills: Swarms have a +3 racial bonus on Intimidate, Perception, Sense Motive, and Stealth checks.

We Are Legion (Ex): A Swarm suffers +50% damage from spells, attacks, and other dangers that can affect multiple creatures.

Mask (Ex): A Swarm may wear a magically prepared mask which conceals its true nature as a swarm of various undead insects. This mask allows it to appear as it was in life upon a cursory visual inspection. Physical contact with the Swarm reveals its true nature, regardless.

Discorporate (Su): When a Swarm is destroyed it will discorporate into thousands of undead insects flying and crawling in every direction. The Swarm will reform over a period 48 hours at a shrine, chosen by the Swarm, dedicated to an Evil deity that is within 30 miles of the Swarm’s death. If there is no shrine within 30 miles or the Swarm is destroyed while reforming, the Swarm is permanently destroyed.

Body Horror (Su): A Swarm may remove its Mask, as a free action, at the start of an encounter to make a free Intimidate check to Demoralize against each opponent at the start of an encounter. In addition, this Demoralize check lasts 1 round longer than normal.

Genius (Ex): A Swarm is unnaturally cunning and adds a half of its Intelligence modifier to its AC as Dodge bonus (min +0). In addition, it adds half of its Intelligence modifier to all saving throws.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Default Re: [PF / PEACH] The Swarm That Walks, +1 CR Vampire

They all ready have a Worm that walks somewhere. Is this taking from that?
    Poems!
    Awesome people saying awesome things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carecalmo View Post
    Then again, you could be volunteering for !!SCIENCE!!, in which case... I shall take notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Alternatively I may consider going into politics after getting bored of hunting aliens in the jungle.
    ( Please pardon any garbled posts. I prefer face to face communication then text, and I also don't read whole threads, so I may just put in my 2cp.)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Vampire [+1 CR]
    Ability Scores: Str +2, Dex +2, Int +2, Wis +2, Cha +2. As an undead creature, a vampire has no Constitution score.

Type: The creature's type changes to undead (augmented). Do not recalculate class Hit Dice, BAB, or saves.

Senses: A vampire gains darkvision 60 ft.

Hit Dice: Change all racial Hit Dice to d8s. Class Hit Dice are unaffected. As undead, vampires use their Charisma modifier to determine bonus hit points (instead of Constitution).

Defensive Abilities: DR 5/Silver and Magic, Regeneration 5 [Silver], Channel Resistance +4, Resistance Cold 10, Resistance Electricity 10

Skills: Vampires gain a +3 racial bonus on Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Stealth checks.

Feats: Vampires gain Improved Initiative and Toughness as Bonus Feats.

Blood Drain (Su): A vampire can suck blood from a grappled opponent; if the vampire establishes or maintains a pin, it drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution damage. The vampire heals 5 hit points or gains 5 temporary hit points for 1 hour (up to a maximum number of temporary hit points equal to its full normal hit points) each round it drains blood.

Create Spawn (Su): A vampire can create spawn out of those it slays with blood drain, provided that the slain creature is of the same creature type as the vampire's base creature type. The victim rises from death as a vampire in 1d4 days. This vampire retains its free will but will not seek to harm its creator out of a sense of familial loyalty.

A Vampire with the Leadership feat can assert dominance among its Spawn and force them to become the Vampire’s cohort or followers. In addition, a Vampire’s cohort treats its Vampire Template as +0 CR. [e.g. If you can normally recruit a Level 4 Cohort, you can recruit a Human Vampire Wizard 4]
    Last edited by AlastorAbsalom; 2014-02-09 at 01:33 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Grand View Post
    They all ready have a Worm that walks somewhere. Is this taking from that?
    It is similar in the body horror concept but I didn't like how the Swarm that Walks isn't terrifying. It is more a hybrid of that and a watered down Lich, if anything. :)

I want to use it as an Avatar for some of my evil gods. :P