Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post
    Shhhh....don't give the storyteller ideas!

Actually, it should be written down somewhere: RULE 1 (of every system): don't give the GM ideas.
    Not at all, you are meant to give the storyteller options for tearing your character down horrible in ways you didn't expect so that they can build themselves up again (and so that the good things that don't fail are so much better).

That lovely delicious roleplaying right there.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Not at all, you are meant to give the storyteller options for tearing your character down horrible in ways you didn't expect.
    Oh, no worries, as far as Amy's concerned, he's got plenty of those...

Also, I'm very curious to read Danielle's thoughts about Amy as well.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Oh no, I have a much better idea for Flat Face. I think Flat Face is my second favorite NPC to write for in this Chronicle cause he's just to pure, so true to himself. Pure jerkoff yes, but still.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

All right, here's my plan team on moving forward. Although no one's quite done with the night yet, several characters are nearing that point. We'll do a time skip after this night, we'll work out what your characters have been up to. I'll throw some more plot at you all.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by daelrog View Post
    I think Flat Face is my second favorite NPC to write for in this Chronicle
    Who's your first one?

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'll let everyone have a single guess. If someone gets it right, I'll fess up and they'll get an extra XP after the night.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'll say Harry. Hell, I love him, and he killed off Rick.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't want extra xp, I'm just curious! But I'll bite. It's a tossup between two, in my mind.

Let's say... Josef?

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'll wait for everyone to weigh in.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'll roll here for Chase.

(6d10)[8][4][8][4][1][4](29)
    (6d10)[5][10][1][3][4][3](26)
    (6d10)[1][3][4][6][10][3](27)
    (6d10)[4][9][4][7][6][10](40)

11. - Top - End - #341

DrowGuy

In a way I hope she does really bad. Make Rick feel better about his skills.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

You need at least one more roll. Why don't you throw three more out there, I'll put in two more for Chase. You're definately get the successes you need by six. (each roll equals an hour).

(6d10)[2][7][1][9][9][3](31)

(6d10)[7][6][1][2][2][2](20)

13. - Top - End - #343

DrowGuy

I guess I'll post it here as well. No reason to make another post in IC.

Spoiler
    Show

(7d10)[8][9][2][3][10][10][7](49)
    (7d10)[1][2][3][8][8][5][3](30)
    (7d10)[10][5][2][6][5][4][6](38)

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll let everyone have a single guess. If someone gets it right, I'll fess up and they'll get an extra XP after the night.
    I'm also going to say Josef.

As a side note, I'm also not in it for the xp, and if I win, would prefer the xp be split amongst all players evenly (not sure how we could do that with a single point, but whatever).
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

Sick. Posting may be less frequent/coherent than normal.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

If it's a letter substitution cipher and you have a large enough sample, the code's usually pretty easy to puzzle out. 'A' and 'I' come first, then the bevy of two letter words help you figure out a few more letters. Any regularly repeated three-character pattern is probably 'the.' Then you just rock out from there.
    River Tam avatar by Strawberries

16. - Top - End - #346

DrowGuy

I'm not even good at the crossword, so I'm glad this is Rick doing it and not me.

Sort of makes me want to get back into the Cryptogram though.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well DS took the leprechaun and I hate repeat guesses so I'll guess.... Sean.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah favourite character to write, ignoring the ones taken I would have been thinking Cassidy.

Don't know why but getting inside his head would likely be hilarious or terrifying.

Sure no real action yet but his presence sets a scene.
    Spoiler
    Show

When I was writing that Dark Ages game that fell through due to my inability to maintain it, I had a character that I likely thinking about and wondering about the PC's reactions when his actions became known: namely the prince and the children.
    I even had a picture to introduce him and them when the time was right.
    Spoiled to allow for the surprise.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

I even had a picture to introduce him and them when the time was right.
    Awwww, who's the cute little abomination?

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

Yea I was looking around for a picture that I felt suit and most didn't come close, the idea of the children,
    Spoiler
    Show
    near term foetuses taken from there mothers alive and ghouled by a bottle of blood as they were first exposed to air before they should have been
    was entirely decided after being so impressed by the tone of that image.

But enough about that dead game if I try again - in the distant future - I will have to try to come somewhere a bit closer to daelrogs standards for storytelling, rather then making setting choices based on pictures that I like.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-10-19 at 06:10 PM.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Yea I was looking around for a picture that I felt suit and most didn't come close, the idea of the children,
    Spoiler
    Show
    near term foetuses taken from there mothers alive and ghouled by a bottle of blood as they were first exposed to air before they should have been
    was entirely decided after being so impressed by the tone of that image.

But enough about that dead game if I try again - in the distant future - I will have to try to come somewhere a bit closer to daelrogs standards for storytelling, rather then making setting choices based on pictures that I like.
    Well that's an interesting thought... what happens to pregnant women who are ghouled? What happens to the fetus in that case?
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Well that's an interesting thought... what happens to pregnant women who are ghouled? What happens to the fetus in that case?
    Here's an answer I found online. Not sure how RAW it is, but it's pretty well articulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghouls: Fatal Addiction FAQ
    Q: Can ghouls get pregnant?

A: I've had a couple of people email me asking this question. There are definitely sources that say the nature of the blood enhances the sex drive of ghouls, often the addiction of the blood transferring to other perverse addictions, including sex. Males don't tend to have a problem as far as reproduction is concerned, for a female however, carrying a baby to term is problematic. Remember that vitae slows (halts) the aging process, by extension, a child conceived would never come to term as long as the mother was imbibing. If a female was ghouled after she was pregnant, the growth of the fetus could also be stunted. Another possibility, is the shock of the fetus gaining vitae through the placenta would result in a miscarriage - this might just be the easiest way to go - this is the World of Darkness and not a great place to raise a ghoulchild. Of course, the Storyteller has final say in these things, and if you really want your ghoul character to be a mother, I suggest you work something out with your ST. A compromise could mean a stamina roll when blood is drank, to determine whether the unborn ghoul can survive the process. Another alternative, if you look at revenant physiology is that the gestation period can take an extremely long time, as the growth of the fetus is stunted, but not halted. "Ghoul: Fatal Addiction" left this area vague, maybe because all in all, the subject is touchy and can even be somewhat offensive.
    Last edited by Nyarai; 2012-10-20 at 01:01 AM.

23. - Top - End - #353

DrowGuy

I was just wondering the other day what would happen if a newborn was embraced. Pretty disturbing image admittedly, especially because I don't believe they'd ever be able to mature.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarai View Post
    Here's an answer I found online. Not sure how RAW it is, but it's pretty well articulated.
    I seem to remember reading somewhere that there are ghoul families (in service of the Tzmisce, if I'm not mistaken). What it said is that if you're born from someone who's been ghouled long enough you get some minor powers even if you aren't a ghoul yourself. So, that should mean that ghouls can have more or less natural pregnacies...

I'll have to look online to see if I dreamt it or it's true.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there are ghoul families (in service of the Tzmisce, if I'm not mistaken). What it said is that if you're born from someone who's been ghouled long enough you get some minor powers even if you aren't a ghoul yourself. So, that should mean that ghouls can have more or less natural pregnacies...

Ghoul families exist. I think the key to them is that you can wean the mother off of vitae for the pregnancy, then reghoul her once it's over. Or at least, that's how it worked in nWoD.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarai View Post
    That's a reasonable answer. The book Ghouls: Fatal Addiction talks at length on the matter via the eminent Dr. Netchurch and the answer to ghoul pregnancy is that it demands ghouling the child so the child can never age (develop) and therefore the pregnancy cannot end. Also it can be dangerous in late months because the kid gets Potence inside his mother. Fun stuff.

So a female ghoul breeding basically demands turning her normal for the pregnancy. Which is dicey when considering it means depriving an addict of their fix for the better part of a year. Shame to have that blood bond snap from 'mistreatment' yes?

I don't recall if female ghouls can meaningfully conceive or not either.

Your thinking of Revenants which are slightly different. They are "ghouls" that produce their own vitae, something like 1/day or the like, and come from family's that can make the Giovanni look like the Waltons. They age and develop at a slowed rate, having lives a couple hundred years long or such. Including say childhood and puberty, which as a consequence means they are insular since can't exactly send a kid to to public school for long if they don't age. A revenant pregnancy will last several years to boot. They also have things like their own "clan" disciplines not just Potence or what they are taught.

(Incidentally half-vamps are mechanically considered this..)

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi all, I am moving house later and I don't know if I will have assess to the internet for a while (I hope to but I might not), so there may be a break in posting.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

Hi all, I am moving house later and I don't know if I will have assess to the internet for a while (I hope to but I might not), so there may be a break in posting.
    Moving house is a pain. Best of luck to you!

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks it was ok (so far), and for now I have internet so I am happy.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Bleh, didn't see the last update for my character. Will post now. Glad to have you back daelrog.
    TC for short