Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

Hey,wecome back, daelrog!

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

To chime in with the same, good to have you back again.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Shouldn't have any trips coming up until Thanksgiving. Thinks we're about ready to finish up the night, most characters anyways.

And the answer is Sean Loveless. One experience to anyone who got it. There's something so pure about that friendly, nasty piece of work.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by daelrog View Post
    And the answer is Sean Loveless. One experience to anyone who got it. There's something so pure about that friendly, nasty piece of work.
    Nope, not even my second guess, then. That would have been Rogan.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

The reason it's Sean is two things. The most important is that he doesn't have that many limitations. Where characters like Josef and Rogan have a lot of pride, Sean doesn't. I can make him dance around, or stand on his head, make out with a beautiful woman, or paint flowers on all his guns.

The other thing is that he enjoys himself. Whereas other characters with fewer restraints like Cassidy or Harry are more melancholy or bitter (in that order), Sean just tickles himself with all his antics, and makes me crack a smile too.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

stand on his head
    Not if you want to respect the laws of physics you can't.... the poor, poor laws for static equilibrium....
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-10-28 at 06:15 AM.

7. - Top - End - #367

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post
    Not if you want to respect the laws of physics you can't.... the poor, poor laws for static equilibrium....
    Phf, everyone is always so concerned about obeying the laws of physics, but no one is every concerned that they rarely seem to obey me ... relationships should have give and take.

But from the picture we have of him I think that Sean would be able to stand on his head without much difficulty.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGuy

Welcome back daelrog.

Loveless huh? I can certainly see the appeal.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Phf, everyone is always so concerned about obeying the laws of physics, but no one is every concerned that they rarely seem to obey me ... relationships should have give and take.

But from the picture we have of him I think that Sean would be able to stand on his head without much difficulty.
    From that picture, yes... but I imagine him a LOT more fat than that. Let's say, quite far in Jabba the Hutt territory.

10. - Top - End - #370

flaunt: (verb) to display something in a pretentious manner
    flout: (verb) to openly disregard

The Sabbat does only one of these with the Traditions.

Pedantic, for sure, but I've seen that mistake a number of times.
    Welcome to the Masquerade...

Spoiler
    Show
    River Tam avatar by Strawberries

11. - Top - End - #371

From that picture, yes... but I imagine him a LOT more fat than that. Let's say, quite far in Jabba the Hutt territory.
    I kind of pictured him looking a little like this - if he were to do a handstand.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarai View Post
    The Sabbat does only one of these with the Traditions.
    I don't know they are a sizeable organisation it sounds very plausible that some members are holding up the traditions in a pretentious manner.
    Consider the Tzimisce I could easily see then wanting 2,3,4,5 held up and even 1 and 6 could be winners for them if delivered with the right pretentious attitude.

I do kind of like that Rich has ran into a serious problem with no way to overcome it - a closed door.
    The bane of characters in games the world over.

12. - Top - End - #372

DrowGuy

At least it's not a waist sized fence *shudders.*

13. - Top - End - #373

I do have to wonder what Chase is up to though, it might be just me but were I the dead ghoul I would have a backup memory code for my book to.

Crack the code > get a name.
    30 vampires in the city so easy enough to remember the lot, so have the name refer to a different vampire so even if it is cracked the person will be sent the wrong way unless they know your memory code.

The fact that Chase did not come back with you ...

Or maybe I am letting Danielle's paranoia about all things vampiric seep through into how I would be reviewing the situation.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Firbolg in the Playground

Shouldn't have any trips coming up until Thanksgiving. Thinks we're about ready to finish up the night, most characters anyways.

Hah-hah metagaming successful I knew there had to be a reason he was so ostensibly ugly and a Toreador.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ettin in the Playground

I do kind of like that Rich has ran into a serious problem with no way to overcome it - a closed door.
    The bane of characters in games the world over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Seeker View Post
    At least it's not a waist sized fence *shudders.*
    Something that isn't clear to me from the IC thread... have you tried knocking?
    (Or alternatively, going around asking: "hey, has anybody seen a pint-sized primogen around?" )

As for Amy, there is at least another thing I want her to do before the night is over: no way she's going to sleep before at least trying checking on Danielle.

16. - Top - End - #376

As for Amy, there is at least another thing I want her to do before the night is over: no way she's going to sleep before at least trying checking on Danielle.
    I do kind of like the dynamic between them alright ... Amy is kindof like the older sister Danielle never had.

Danielle considers Amy to be cool enough but would not be overly worried about her in the same way she would not be worried about most adults ... where (if I have been reading you right) Amy seems to (quite rightly) regard Danielle as in a very capricious place, and is therefore is highly worried about her.
    That could actually annoy Danielle a little if she knew as she considers herself more or less self sufficient.

17. - Top - End - #377

DrowGuy

Something that isn't clear to me from the IC thread... have you tried knocking?
    (Or alternatively, going around asking: "hey, has anybody seen a pint-sized primogen around?" )
    Ha ha, Rick's under the impression Henry doesn't want to be found. Knowing what he's done and what he can do, he's happy to oblige. For now anyway.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

That could actually annoy Danielle a little if she knew as she considers herself more or less self sufficient.
    Far be it from me to trying dissuading you from playing her that way (she's a teenager, it makes a lot of sense for her to have that attitude), but, for the sake of clarity... it's not that Amy doesn't think you're not self-sufficient, it's that the person who's teaching you is Flat Face. Amy doesn't have the best experience with him: for all she knows, he really could have got bored and chopped you into tiny pieces. Your character's age has very little to do with it (hey, Amy left home at 17, she's perfectly familiar with the concept of 'leave me alone, I'm old enough ').
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-10-29 at 05:56 PM.

19. - Top - End - #379

Well in Amy's case probably annoying but somewhat endearing, and really Danielle has nothing to complain about on that front anyway with her 'Fine you can help me fight the vampire killer ... providing you stay back and don't get in the way" ... Amy could have legitimately lost it with her for that one.

Danielle actually has a soft spot for Flat Face, Gregor and Jack ... all three of them seemed to have little interest in her but gave her the time of day without seeming to want anything out of it and were not really condescending about it at that ... like Amy in that way I suppose.
    It is an appealing trait to her.

20. - Top - End - #380

Exp spent changes noted on the sheet.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

About xp, Daelrog, I had sent you a PM right before your hiatus. I was wondering if you had caught it.

22. - Top - End - #382

Just spent day in the hospital in relation to a issue with my own health, so while it should not impact my posting schedule it may impact by writing as it was not a pleasant experience.

Yes I know in character should not be affected by out of character issues, but when your mind is on something it can seep in ... just a heads up in case Danielle starts to act even more erratic.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

Just spent day in the hospital in relation to a issue with my own health, so while it should not impact my posting schedule it may impact by writing as it was not a pleasant experience.

Yes I know in character should not be affected by out of character issues, but when your mind is on something it can seep in ... just a heads up in case Danielle starts to act even more erratic.

I'm very sorry to hear that, Dancrilis, and I hope everything goes well and you manage to solve your issue as quickly and easily as possible.

Hugs!

24. - Top - End - #384

I should be fine (or at least that is what they said for now), just a bit shaken by it, taking tomorrow off to make sure there is nothing to wrong and rest up.

Got to visit a GP also but that won't be for a few days.

I wouldn't have mentioned it except in the past I have noticed my characters acting weirdly after real life events when I review the aftermath months later, which can cause (justified) annoyance in other players.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

I should be fine (or at least that is what they said for now), just a bit shaken by it, taking tomorrow off to make sure there is nothing to wrong and rest up.

Got to visit a GP also but that won't be for a few days.

I wouldn't have mentioned it except in the past I have noticed my characters acting weirdly after real life events when I review the aftermath months later, which can cause (justified) annoyance in other players.
    Don't worry about that, just focus on getting better.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

Traveling. Posting schedule may be interrupted.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

No worries at all dancrilis. Our mood and mindset affects our writing, and sometimes the other way around. Makes me glad I don't write for a living.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hey dael, if you weren't planning on doing it farther can I loosely presume Rogan accedes to Claire's requests. Seeing as the night is wrapping up I was planning on having her do some things like send her circle hackers informed friends some messages looking for a place to stash money.

And try to rig up something to sun proof the apartment. I even set up a Chekov's Gun with a nice table sized rubber mat she uses for doing electronics works (an IRL anti-static feature actually) to cover that window in the apartment's bathroom so she doesn't have to stay at Victor's place. Just until she can get to a store and buy more for the rest of the apartment.

Just seems like the night is wrapping up.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, all that is fine. I mentioned boarding up the windows, but there are more subtle means. As long as the sun doesn't get through.

29. - Top - End - #389

I would go for blackout curtains, which I have IRL. (Light sleeper. *ba dum tisch*) One layer lets insanely filtered light in. Two layers let zero light in.

The reasons I suggest curtains:

1) They also block people's view into your home at night.
    2) You can easily draw them to see what's happening outside.
    3) No one's going to wonder why you have curtains on your windows.
    4) You never have to worry about forgetting to put them on.

Don't bother with those sissy curtain rods either. They're a ripoff. Just nail them to the top of the window frame (or buy grommet topped curtains and hang them off the nails).
    Last edited by Nyarai; 2012-10-31 at 07:27 PM.
    Welcome to the Masquerade...

Spoiler
    Show
    River Tam avatar by Strawberries

30. - Top - End - #390

Low internet connection might not be able to properly post.

Bad week.