Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarai View Post
    The short version is that, due to Danielle's presumed association with Billy and the three dead girls, Jackal can guess what school she attends. So yearbook to phonebook to phone to knife (to cut a gas line) to any time-delay device that produces a spark. Coffee maker, crock pot, a match if he's feeling ballsy. Boom.

Sorry having a bit of trouble processing that.

What makes you think that the others were in her school?
    And for that matter what makes you think they are girls?

Maybe I am completely misremembering pieces but at a quick review the only mention of them being girls is Danielle's own panicked mind, and taking a jump from that to them all being in her school seems a little much to me.

If your plan Jackal finding her involves (a) her being a right about the girls, (b) them all being in her school, (c) Jackal knowing that, (d) him being able to waltz in and pick up a copy of the year book, (e) him being able to recognise one teenage girl who was panicked and pale out of the hundreds that could be in the book posing and smiling, (f) that he is willing to fire bomb five houses houses to be sure without even knowing she is inside.
    Well I think it is a stretch.

Even if I have misremembered (a) and (b) and they are confirmed somewhere, I still think that c-f would apply (thought not nearly as strongly).

Reading that again the tone is wrong, it is not meant to be hostile or defensive sounding but I am having trouble making it sound right when I read it even after changing it around a bit.

If I have misremembered call me on it, as it is kindof important but I took a quick look after my initial confusion and couldn't spot it.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-11-17 at 07:09 PM.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Hrm. It would seem you are correct now that I've taken a second journey of the land of Curious Syntax. Something just stuck in my brain that Billy was murdering girls from his school. It seemed like what his character would do. You're right. The plan might never work. It assumes that Jackal is an observant professional who gathers information about his targets. If he's an insane toolbag who runs around in a dog mask at night slashin' teens, such malice aforethought would be far beyond his ken. Though, in that case, I don't see why the vampires fear him so much.

So even throwing out the "girls," we have Billy, who has a name, address, and personal connections. If Jackal knew what school he used to attend - something that a week-long hunt would surely uncover, if Jackal is an investigator type - then that gets him through (a), (b), and (c). Copies of the yearbook are often donated to the local library, which solves (d). For (e), well, I'm sure Jackal is torn up as hell about not saving Danielle. I'd wager he's never gonna forget her face, even long after she's ash. (f) is where he calls around to one of the two Leblancs (or five, whatever) until he gets a "What is this about?" rather than "You have the wrong number." But, come on, is Jackal really insane enough to fire-bomb someone's house because a vampire might be inside? With a face like this?

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, so probably yeah.

It's not a likely turn of events, but if you think Danielle is 100% snuggly safe in a cocoon of anonymity, you're sorely mistaken.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, since I was going through the prelude, did you know the relatives of full-time college employees get to attend the institution for (almost) free?
    Last edited by Nyarai; 2012-11-17 at 08:55 PM.
    River Tam avatar by Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

All right, I am putting a temporary ban on discussion of Jackal in the OOC until we can get everyone to give me their two week summary and we get going again.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by daelrog View Post
    All right, I am putting a temporary ban on discussion of Jackal in the OOC until we can get everyone to give me their two week summary and we get going again.
    I am extremely excited to get this game moving again, but I am waiting for the answer to this question:

Do you want them posted in character as a brief (or not so brief) description of events, or in OOC?
    I assume OOC but want to be sure.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-11-17 at 09:50 PM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ah sorry, missed that. Let's start with the OOC. That way I can help fill in details and how different kindred react to your characters actions.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Erica
    Erica will focus her time on getting to know the ropes of Weinmann and Kirsch. She was hired to do a job, and she knows returning the firm to profitability is her primary responsibility. During any available downtime, she will read up on whatever information she can get her hands on regarding the different clans.

In conversations with Josef, Erica will inquire about the various other kindred in the city and their personalities, likes/dislikes, etc. At this point, Erica would be interested in finding out the limits of Dominate, testing it on a staff member with Josef's permission, or on a suitable loner out after dark. She will also ask about learning the other clan disciplines, as well as Auspex, which Josef earlier mentioned had saved his life. She'll also ask for advice on the best/fastest way to become self sufficient (reliable blood source, place to sleep during the day).

She will take her martial arts lessons with Melanie seriously, and will treat Melanie as she would a coworker who has been in the firm longer than she has, one who is at least partially responsible for her development. She will attempt to get to know Melanie, and will try to get her to open up about some of her experiences as a kindred, like how she survived the assassination attempt for one.

Erica will also call her parents to let them know she is working very hard, and her schedule is increasingly busy. During this time, she will resign from her former job and have her mail forwarded. She'll also start thinking about scanning newspapers for a more local residence.

Edit: She will also take a day to heal the burn on her arm, once instructed on how to do it.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-11-18 at 08:12 AM.
    TC for short

7. - Top - End - #457
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGuy

Rick

Rick will meet with Henry whenever it becomes clear the Tremere's willing to. He'll lay out that he figured out whom killed Benny, but also say that he considers the matter closed. He hardly does, but until he gathers more information on what Benny did and what kind of man Henry is, he's not inclined to press the matter.

In other news, Rick will start taking Thaumaturgy lessons from Quenton, should his sire prove willing. He'll also begin reading up on the history of the clan. He's still learning the basics, but he wants to start ingratiating himself into the Tremere establishment, since he has no other allies at the moment. He'll also swallow his pride and ask Chase or another suitable ghoul to teach him the basics of evasive maneuvers. The fight with Cavet has demonstrated to him that he needs to learn some of them.

Finally, Rick will close down his privative detective business. Should anyone ask(highly unlikely) he'll explain that he's taken on an in house assignment that takes up all of his time.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

Amy

Amy will quit her job and settle down in the Nosferatu flats, making herself comfortable in one of the apartments. That will probably mean that, sooner or later, she'll get to see the 'landlady' as well.
    She won't try to contact her parents or her sister, but that isn't unusual. She didn't have many contacts with them when she was alive either....

She'll keep a close relationship with Mike (incidentally, she'll ask what his full name is), treating him as someone she trusts and relying on him if she can't fugure out by herself how vampiric stuff works, but at the same time, she'll get to know Slick a bit better, and if she can, to start establishing a friendly relationship with him as well. She'll keep away from Slick's study, though. Too many bad memories associated with that backroom...

Same as Erica, she'll also ask/try to find out about the other vampires in town and what the clans are. She won't start digging on them, yet (she has lots of other things to do), but she'll keep all the info and potential leads she receives well in mind.

She isn't forgetting about Danielle, either. She'll keep in touch every two-three days at the very least by phone and in person if she wants to, to see how she's doing and if she needs any help.

On the Donovon front, she'll start working on what she's been asked to do. I figure the first step would be figure out what the city's defense are and what's the situation, before thinking about how fixing/upgrading them. So she'll spend a a good chunk of her time figuring out what the situation is and what she can do to improve it.

If she has any spare time at all (say, half an hour last thing in the night, after she's done Donovon's work) she'll start gathering what info she can about the hunter. She's promised Danielle she would help, after all.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-11-18 at 03:00 AM.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Danielle

Everyday:
    She would read the paper to at least an extent.

The night of Friday the 13th:
    Spoiler
    Show

Danielle will raise and have a long argument with her mother to ensure her that she is fine. She will explain the note, and say that asking her mother to sell her out to being tired and not wanted her mother to suffer, this will take her at least a few hours.

She will eventually take her leave either on good terms or to cut the argument off with talk of work and move to the piano bar to play her set and get paid.

At the bar she will read the paper looking for information on the man Flat Face fed to her the day before, and casually ask the owner about a massacre of police officers ten years ago, explaining that politics brought something about it to mind.

She would also start to consider if she needed to eat and grow repulsed and reclusive at the idea.

Once the place closed she would then visit Amy's place and see if it would be suitable as it is paid up for the month - she would leave Amy a note letting her know she was ok and detailing that she would visit the apartment a bit and might take her up on her offer to take it.
    Notes or the apartment phone could be used for communication or they might meet there as it was Amy's place.

She would go home to sleep. A feeling of discomfort at the idea of leaving her mother alone

The night of Saturday the 14th:
    Spoiler
    Show

Raising she would put in an appearance with her mother, to show her that she was fine.

Then noting an emptiness she would go to a few butchers and buy some blood, her stated reason would be for foreign cuisine and she would name some dishes of needed.

Taking the blood she would go back to where she was staying and see if it worked, she would cheer up greatly feeling full.

She would look for some used motorbikes she could afford and buy one if possible, and pick up a long heavy leather jacket both for concealment and protection.

She would visit a occult speciality shop for and buy a book if it looked in any way suitable, she felt drawn to a particular one.

Then she would call her contact in the city council office and see if he had any work for her explaining that she could run translations but could not do day time work.

She would also checking with her missing person group to see if anything was going on there that they could use her help canvassing with, before checking the bar scene for music work either paying or competition.

The night of Sunday the 15th:
    Spoiler
    Show

She would check with her mother to further drive home she was ok, she would also finish off her tax form and ask her mother to submit it with her own.

She would visit Smiling Jack with the gift of animal blood with the hope of asking him some questions about vampires what he meant about her being dangerous and everything else.
    Finding my via trial and error over a few hours, finally relying on gut feeling and instinct to guide her where her senses told her less life was, where trees looked more withered, the path looks less cared for etc.
    She travelled on a bike for this.

And also let him know about her and what she was finding out about being dead, if he was interested.

The night of Monday the 16th:
    Spoiler
    Show

She would likely get into another argument with her mother this time about school and college, and how she shouldn't be making life changes in her condition and so soon after her trauma.
    She intended to drop out (she already had the SAT scores) and put off college for a while or at least that was the story she told her mother.

After this she would go to a library to search for information on the Jackal both recently and over the last ten years, she would focus on any information she could find on the dead police officers and then any she could find on the investigation that lead to this.

She would crash at Amy's this night, giving her mother a brief call to say so.

The night of Tuesday the 17th:
    Spoiler
    Show

First thing in the evening would be guilt and she would immediately call her mother to show she was fine.

Fuelled by this guilt and wanting to make up for it on a larger scale to give her mother something to show she was ok, she would try get in touch with her contacts, and mention an idea that she had, she would also suggest a meeting with all her contacts with the intention of making life better for people and for them.

If the meeting would happen she would cut her hair and set it as respectful and mature as possible.

She would suggest a charity to help improve the community, expanding on the charity work that the missing persons agency did, effectively pre-empting problems.

With luck she would get the man in the council buildings to help with the bureaucracy of setting it up, the bar contact to help with promotion with his customers and staff, and the missing persons agency to give it more legitimacy.

The purpose of the charity would be 'To improve safety and build a sense of community', the core measures would be to operate as a agency where people could just come and talk about their problems and then the agency could follow up as needed from sympathetic ear to contacting politicians if the person needed.

As a side gig Danielle would work on the paperwork for the establishment of a legitimate blood testing and blood back facility, promoting 'a get yourself tested and give unto others' mentality.

The missing person guy gets to have his organisation in the paper for helping, get the bar owner some positive publicity, and get the council worker a higher profile on community assistance.

The night of Wednesday the 18th:
    Spoiler
    Show

Her hair would be back which if she had cut if for the meeting would freak her out a bit.

She would flag her plan to her mother to get university involvement to help out.

She would assuming that she got on fine with Jack the first night (or had not had a chance to meet him) visit him this night with more animal blood, and talk to him again about her plans to get his input.
    She would also offer to run simple errands for him in the city to thank him for taking to time to talk to her.

The night of Thursday the 19th:
    Spoiler
    Show

She would buy more animal blood and a small fridge to keep it in, but find it was not quite as filling this time.

She completed any actions she had to for the plan, meet with people as needed to get it off the ground, and go through items to help make it happen.

The night of Friday the 20th:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She would preform for the night on the piano.

She would spend the early hours practising her fighting style, both normal hand to hand, but also with the knife (purchasing a book on melee fighting), and with throwing weapons.

The night of Saturday the 21th:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She would make a point to call out to her mother and have a long conversation about there respective feelings, before settling in to a movie night.

The night of Sunday the 22th:
    Spoiler
    Show

She would attend a martial arts advanced course to test her skills in a controlled environment.
    Then she would cut her hair short and would hunt, but not for blood.

She was hunting to test her skills against people. To make sure that death had not made her soft, she wanted to avoid a knife fight but she would go to a bar where she was likely to be accosted and where she could defend herself against a larger possibly stronger opponent, she was not aiming to seriously hurt anyone however.
    Finding a bar that looked like it might match her needs she would start to get shivers at the look of it and would back out of the idea for the night.

She would head home to read.

The night of Monday the 23th:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Danielle would follow up on the establishment of her charity, and would revisit the library to see about the Jackal after she had time to consider and process things, and also to review some legal documents that might be important for her charity.

She also got a present for her mother and Katrina.

The night of Tuesday the 24th:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Katrina's (and Danielle's) birthday. They were now officially eighteen on paper. This was normally a hard night for both mother and daughter made harder by recent events.

How inhuman she was and how miserable she was were no more evident then when her mother started crying and she could not.

She was also going mad, anger and hunger going crazy despite being full on blood, after her mother went to bed she stood looking at her sleep for an hour holding herself back from feeding on her like she had on the guy Flat Face fed her.

She found herself wandering the streets alone in a bad neighbourhood when a skinny junkie pulled a knife on her and she beat him unconscious and feed on him in a darkened alley, she left him alive and used a phone booth to call an ambulance for him.

Her animal blood plan would not work fully it seemed.

She broke down at the end of it once she was alone.

Deciding to end it after the night she wrote her mother a note to explain things (without mentioning the vampires) and moved to meet the sun, but for some reason she couldn't bring herself to, whether cowardice, guilt at leaving her mother, conviction to see the world better or something else she could not tell ... but all those felt like rationalisations after the fact.
    Even weirder after the failure she felt oddly stronger in herself again, a sense of peace was present for a minute or two.

After this she made the firm official decision to move out into Amy's and get on with her lack of a life. After pocketing the note as a memento.

The night of Wednesday the 25th:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She began furnishing the new place as she likes, getting light prevention curtains, some spare furniture that she liked, and giving the place a firm clean with a firm deadbolt for the door.

She would pick up some occult things that the book indicated to make the place safe, choosing some on instinct.

Another visit to library for the Jackal.

The night of Thursday the 26th:
    Spoiler
    Show

She would invite her mother and her contacts to her new apartment to showing an area where they could do some good, where potential students/voters/customers and contacts could come from if they had a chance.

A prime area for improvement if possible where they were unlikely to offend existing politicians.

Offering food as needed but not drinking or eating personally.

Once they felt she would visit Jack again, trying to get a handle on some of her instincts and things that she had felt within herself, and seeing if he needed anything.

Notes:
    The intention of the charity is to set the ground work not have it available in the immediate future a lot more work would be needed.

As discussed with Jack the intention is to have a vampire who will explain normal vampiric things to her, hair grows back, animals are normally afraid, werewolves are bad (most of the time), here is commonly how to eat, blood bonds work like this, ghouls work like that, what he knows about the Jackal of anything etc.
    She is happy to run errands, get blood (not from humans), pass on messages, pick up his shopping, let him stay at her place (not her family home unless it was life or death for him).
    But it would have to be polite relationship or she would show up less and less (giving him an easy way to get rid of her).

Questions:
    Is the above acceptable?
    Do you want more(less) detail?
    What does she find out on Jackal?
    How is her plan progressing and any bumps so far?
    How is her relationship with her mother holding up?
    Any quirks of Jack that she would be aware of?
    Does she have any run ins with other vampires or other things (Harry) and how to they go (you can assume unless it gets physical that she backs down and leaves).

I feel that her statline would allow for the majority of the above, and some gaps that an instinctive use of certain disciplines might cover, let me know it you would like a roll on any element, or of any element falls flat on its face.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-11-18 at 09:33 AM.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

All right, Worlok is still getting back into the game, and Soras seems to be on hiatus for now. That just leaves us with Nyarai.

And yes, in case some of you didn't know already, Nyarai has a character now and has completed a prelude and will be joining the gang after the time skip.

I'll read over the overviews tomorrow with some feedback and responses.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

And yes, in case some of you didn't know already, Nyarai has a character now and has completed a prelude and will be joining the gang after the time.
    I knew! Welcome officially to the madhouse, Nya!

Dancrilis, two things: just as an info, Amy's place is in a very rundown part of the city (it's the only place she could afford). On the plus side, this would mean that the rent is quite cheap.
    Also, let me know what info you would have shared with Amy in these two weeks, so I know what I know about what has been happening to you in these two weeks.
    As for Amy, she would have told you everything she may have found out about Jackal, but nothing about her other line of work.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

And yes, in case some of you didn't know already, Nyarai has a character now and has completed a prelude and will be joining the gang after the time skip.
    Yea the title was not really named for stealth. Welcome aboard Nyarai

Dancrilis, two things: just as an info, Amy's place is in a very rundown part of the city (it's the only place she could afford). On the plus side, this would mean that the rent is quite cheap.
    Danielle is seeing it as: I will be left alone here, and I can use the entire area as a fixer-upper and maybe help some people.

Also, let me know what info you would have shared with Amy in these two weeks, so I know what I know about what has been happening to you in these two weeks.
    She would be honest about life, hair grows back, some difficulty with her relationship with her mother, her research on the Jackal, that she is moving into Amy's place (she would want that on paper with the landlord if possible and if that was the relationship), what she was finding in the occult that was interesting, and that she has a plan that might help the community (but she would avoid the specifics), and that animal blood seems to work ok (at least for a while), etc.
    If Amy has a voice machine then that simplifies things, also if Amy gives her a number where she could reach her she would use it every few days (without it she would be somewhat paranoid).

If Amy brought up Smiling Jack, Danielle would say that he seems to be a good guy but she wouldn't get into his business or how to find him (which I will now update above for how she did herself). The same is true with telling Jack about Amy.
    She is a bit selfish with friendship when it comes to sharing.

If Amy met her during the 19-23rd she would see the girl was really getting on edge, perhaps enough that Amy would want to give her serious space, here is a summary of the above but with the intention of showing what Amy might see in terms of mindset during that time.
    Spoiler
    Show

The nineteenth was when the animal blood started to be not as mentally sustaining, putting her on edge.
    The twentieth she would spend most time practising how to hurt people to try and lose aggression.
    The twenty first she manages to blow off some steam with a heart to heart with her mother, but it doesn't last long.
    The twenty second she gets into fights in a controlled environment, and then goes looking for a unsafe environment to continue in.
    The twenty third she tries to take it easy but her mind is on Katrina, she researches, reviews legal issues, and basically avoids people.
    The twenty fourth she finally breaks down and tries to end it, only to get a second wind blood wise from the junkie, morale wise somehow she is not sure of.

Amy would likely not have met her on every (any) of those days but if she did I hope that gives an understandable vibe.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes to the answering machine. It would be costy, but something I see her saving money to buy... she was a bit of a tech junkie, after all.
    They can also probably arrange for the landlord to transfer the rental agreement to her name.

As for the contact phone...that's Daelrog choice, I suppose.I'm not sure how the phone set up in the Nosferatu apartments is (Mike seemed to imply the situation was a bit complicated). If she can, of course she'll give Danielle a contact number.

Plus, she will also share with you any insight she may gain on how the vampire condition works (how she accesses Obfuscate, for instance, or the things Mike has told her about the blood bond), but not any personal information about Mike, Slick or the other Nosferatu, or any of the "secrets" she may pick up about other kindred.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post
    They can also probably arrange for the landlord to transfer the rental agreement to her name.
    That is of one is even needed, I didn't have one in my last place ... it was great.

Plus, she will also share with you any insight she may gain on how the vampire condition works (how she accesses Obfuscate, for instance, or the things Mike has told her about the blood bond), but not any personal information about Mike, Slick or the other Nosferatu, or any of the "secrets" she may pick up about other kindred.
    How about diablerie?
    I am unsure that anyone would be in favour of spreading that knowledge regardless of how much they might like her (to be honest I am surprised they would tell anyone who was not firmly established - in case the newbie went insane).
    But who knows, Amy or Jack might want to use it to help her understand one of the reasons that people have a problem with her.
    It would be terrible if she heard about it on the street after all.

Danielle would be happy to discuss her own discipline(s)* once she gets a handle on it (them)*, but at the moment I am still thinking that she would be in the experimental phase.

She also feels that actively using them might mentally distance her from normal people, so she is not trying hard to get a hang of them.
    By the end of the two weeks I still seeing her being a bit unsure what they are though somewhat close to figuring them out.

*Yes I have actually decided what she has I am just being a jerk about it.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post
    Yes to the answering machine. It would be costy, but something I see her saving money to buy... she was a bit of a tech junkie, after all.
    50-70 USD for a new, low-end model. Less if she bought it used off of someone.

I'll post Andy's fortnight in just a bit.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    How about diablerie?
    I am unsure that anyone would be in favour of spreading that knowledge regardless of how much they might like her (to be honest I am surprised they would tell anyone who was not firmly established - in case the newbie went insane).
    But who knows, Amy or Jack might want to use it to help her understand one of the reasons that people have a problem with her.
    It would be terrible if she heard about it on the street after all.
    Thanks for reminding me, I had actually thought about it and then forgot. Let's say she hasn't told you for the moment, for all the reasons you stated. If the occasion ever arises, we'll RP that conversation out IC.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-11-19 at 12:02 AM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Andy

Andy will gather knowledge of the Kindred social scene, as well as try to find his niche like Hayden told him. The harpies will be wildly helpful for the former, I'd imagine. He'll make himself available to Purity (take that for what you will), but if she continues to ignore him, he'll team up with Matt and aid whatever he's got planned. Andy will probably also enlist his help with disciplines. (Torn as to whether I should pick up some Celerity or not.) He'll stay topped off with blood, as someone will probably teach him how to hunt without killing.

On the human front, Andy will let his family know that he's working long nights and will be asleep during the day. It's not a huge deal; they don't get together all that often. (Maybe not his sister, but he'll deal with her later.) With regards to his new retainer, Amanda, he'll have her run errands during the day (nothing dangerous), ask her about vampire stuff (or teach her if she doesn't know it). Mind-slave to an eccentric artiste probably didn't pay well, so he'll let her have run of his condo during the day. Even though Andy (in one sense) saved her life, he still feels like he owes her for nearly killing her in the first place.
    Last edited by Nyarai; 2012-11-19 at 01:01 PM.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Andy

Andy will gather knowledge of the Kindred social scene, as well as try to find his niche like Hayden told him. The harpies will be wildly helpful for the former, I'd imagine. He'll make himself available to Purity (take that for what you will), but if she continues to ignore him, he'll team up with Matt and aid whatever he's got planned. Andy will probably also enlist his help with disciplines. (Torn as to whether I should pick up some Celerity or not.) He'll stay topped off with blood, as someone will probably teach him how to hunt without killing.

On the human front, Andy will let his family know that he's working long nights and will be asleep during the day. It's not a huge deal; they don't get together all that often. (Maybe not his sister, but he'll deal with her later.) With regards to his new retainer, Amanda, he'll have her run errands during the day (nothing dangerous), ask her about vampire stuff (or teach her if she doesn't know it). Mind-slave to an eccentric artiste probably didn't pay well, so he'll will let her have run of his condo during the day. Even though Andy (in one sense) saved her life, he still feels like he owes her for nearly killing her in the first place.
    Also, welcome to the mayhem Nyarai. Good to see you made the cut, even if belatedly.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #469
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay. Check-up operations initiated. State of affairs stably growing. Resumption of gaming activities: imminent.

One thing, though: Might I ax the dot I added in the last sheet update and get those freebies back? I just had an idea for a two-week-plan in which they would come in handy, which is to say it couldn't be done otherwise, due to something I learned the other day. I personally think it wouldn't be to heavy a change, particularly seeing how that particular ability I spent them on doesn't get... "crunchy" too often, please forgive the phrasing.

In other notes, I'll still have to tone things down a lot. There will be times in which I'll be at about three posts a week at maximum, and those will likely last a while.

Until further exchanges, do have a good one, I'm off to a late lunch and will then write.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Worlok View Post
    Okay. Check-up operations initiated. State of affairs stably growing. Resumption of gaming activities: imminent.

One thing, though: Might I ax the dot I added in the last sheet update and get those freebies back? I just had an idea for a two-week-plan in which they would come in handy, which is to say it couldn't be done otherwise, due to something I learned the other day. I personally think it wouldn't be to heavy a change, particularly seeing how that particular ability I spent them on doesn't get... "crunchy" too often, please forgive the phrasing.

In other notes, I'll still have to tone things down a lot. There will be times in which I'll be at about three posts a week at maximum, and those will likely last a while.

Until further exchanges, do have a good one, I'm off to a late lunch and will then write.
    Lok! Missed you!

... Also, I got so distracted by the thousand different things Andy has going on IC, not to mention multitasking while I wrote, that I forgot about the glorious adventures of Andrew and Faruq! They will totally have broventures! Brocitement! Brocetera brocetera!

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Right, time to get some responses.

Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    It can be assumed that everyone knows the Thirteen Clans, or at least will recognize the names if they are said. Clearly they know more aobut the seven Camarilla Clans. They know the Lasombra control shadows and are bad business and the Tzimisce are the flesh crafting version of the Lasombra. Assamites = Middle East assassins. Giovanni = Italian necromancers who take no part in jyha. Follower of Set = corruptors never to get involved with. Ravnos = thieves and liars.

Everyone is reminded of the six traditions.

All recognized kindred in the city have been met in the sotry except for two. One is Desmund the Caitiff who's been MIA for awhile. The other is named Luko Giovanni, a recluse and the sire of Beatrice. I'll leave it up to each character, but it's likely you don't have more than a name for many of the city's kindred at this point.

You all know a general idea of any Camarilla disciplines, you know of the blood bond. You have an idea that the Sabbat are the foes of the Camarilla, and the anarchs of pains in the ass.

In essence, you've all graduated kindred 101.

And yes, you have all heard of diablerie with varying levels of detail, though there is not one kindred in the city you'll find besides Flockton who thinks it's something other than the worst thing you can do, but even Flockton isn't a staunch supporter of it.

Erica
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basically Weinman was a good executive, but unfortunately he had too many eggs in one basket, namely himself. Lost contacts, bank accounts, networks of friends and allies. The company barely avoided bankrupcy thanks to Melanie's work both legal and not. However, it's barely getting by.

Josef is more than happy to tell Erica not only about auspex but other disciplines as well. He suggests to her to focus on dominate, fortitude, and presence, and figure out for herself which disciplines will complement her best once she has experienced her own trials. It is only a recommendation though. Josef describes most of the other kindred, though Erica can see he holds little regard for most.

Erica is starting to gain Melanie's respect. Melanie is a bitch through and through, an ambitious, vicious woman who has no moral qualms with breaking people to acheive her own ends. However, she has a lot of worldly experience from both her mortal and kindred days and is interesting to talk to. She's a bit more modern than Josef is, much to Erica's relief.

The burn is healed.

She is pointed towards stories about crime and murdering, both of which seem to be on the rise.

Rick
    Spoiler
    Show
    Henry actually readily admits that he was the one to kill Benny. Benny had outlived his usefulness, and the ghoul was ready to "retire" having lived a long life, and knowing he would never be kindred so Henry made use of the hgoul who was to die anyways, and gave the man a heart attack. Henry admitted he had forgotten about the schedule book Benny kept. Henry said discovering the murderer in one night was acceptable, though looking like a fool to the Giovanni was not.

Afterwards, Quenton said the Henry wanted Rick to meet the Giovanni cause of his whole "evil spirits" experience during his embrace. Quenton for his part was more than happy to help his childer out. Although he was the same old Quenton, I doubt Rick could completely see him in the same light knowing his history with Chase.

Chase too was willing to teach Rick some dodging techniques. She was no world master herself, but was about the equivilant of a black belt. (Think two dots of brawl, three dots of melee with certain weapons, and three dots of dodge). Chase seems to be enjoying Rick's company and flirting with him. Although she looks much younger, she's actually a bit older than Rick. However, it doesn't go beyond flirting.

And Rick found a very scathing letter from the woman whom had hired him to track her daughter. From what he can gather from the letter, she seemed to think that Harry was Rick, and that he had threatened to kill her precious daughter on all her friends. She threatened to sue him if he ever came near her family again. What a loving mother, eh?

Amy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, she has not seen the Land Lady yet. The other Nosferatu aren't keen on making a face to face introduction, and she's behind a pair of locked doors that Danielle has trouble opening, even if she uses her blood to increase her strength. She's not sure who has the key...

There's little info on the hunter. Supposedly there's a video of him trying to attack the Weinman and Kirsch building some years back. Other than that, it's all supserstition and heresay. She hasn't found the video yet, and the Ventrue aren't willing to hand it over.

Amy can see the cyber defenses of the city are non-existant. Anyone who knows what to look for, could easily hack into the newly created email accounts of several kindred in the city. Luckily, people don't know what to look for, but this Sabbat group is likely to be different. There is some small bit of surveillance in key parts of the city, though that too needs improvement.

Danielle
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your overview is really too long dancrilis. It's over twice as long as anyone else's. It's okay this once, but next time go for more concise. You can have the specifics written down if you want, but all I need is the general summary.

Danielle occassionally sees the tow cops around from time to time. The young one seems all business, but not a bad person. The older one seems quite the bastard, always smiling in a condescending way.

Jack is okay with Danielle coming over. He mostly likes to talk about different ways people can die. Sometimes he likes to insert random kindred in the city and how they could die. His two favorites to use in this way are Danielle and himself. He seems tickled that Danielle chose him amongst the rejects of kindred society.

She learns he is a Samedi, an offshoot bloodline whose origins are unknown. She learns that to be a "Clan", you have to be able to able to draw your lineage back to the 3rd generation where each Clan was founded. The bloodlines are generally offshoots that started the 4th generation or higher, some whose origins are known, others not. The Samedi are the latter kind. Unfortunately, even he admits the Caitiff are different as unlike a Bloodline, there's not enough of them, and there's no distinguishing characteristic to given them any sense of community. When pressed about the Jackal, Jack only laughs from some inside joke Danielle isn't sure on.

So far her charity is not meeting much success. Danielle still hasn't quite graduate from high school, and people just don't seem to want to start a charity with someone so young. Some people are cosndiering, but it'll take more time, and she'll need a good lawyer to get all the legal stuff dealt with.

Andrew
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amanda is a theatre graduate from Northwestern. Not much of an actress, but interested in the behind the scenes work, she was swept up by the Toreador here. She was never a ghoul, instead a victim of constant use of presence. As such, she's developed a few problems, and Andrew can see it'll take awhile before she's completely well. Other than that, she's a lover of the arts, and coffee, but is somewhat dull in conversation, though realizing that Andrew's a bit different than the others has made her cheer up.

Purity is melancholy around Andrew. She's willing to tell him of things regarding kindred, but it's painful how sad he seems to make her. Matthew finally tells Andrew the reason is that she loved him for the life he showed, but not he's a dead thing. And yes, Matthew recognizies Purity's hypocrisy of embracing Andrew, taking his life, and then being upset over it. He doesn't seem overly concerned though.

There are four major power players in the city for the top. There's Jean. The sewer rat is casual to a sin. He's the one in power so he's pretty much on defense, trying not to expose any weaknesses, his action to spare Danielle a rare sign of that. Then there's Sean whom the Toreador all dote on as they proper Prince, save Sean who merely giggles like a child upon mention of him ruling the city. Harry is the Tremere, a no-nonsense man in a child's body who'd probably turn the city into a fortress. Finally Josef Kirsch, the old right hand. Somehow the Toreador see him as the least threat.

He does hear plenty of the Toreadors' own problem. There are two 'traitors', the Iris Faction. Those two have made life difficult, but no one seems willing to exactly say why.

*Feel free to take a few bits and pieces you've picked up in the story as well.

He has not quite found a niche yet. Photographs are a great hobby the others say, but not quite the niche that's needed to be kindred.

Worlok: All that seems fine, freebie usage and posting rate. I'll be on hiatus around Thanksgiving and the weekend after.

Story continues tomorrow.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Sweeeeeeet.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Your overview is really too long dancrilis. It's over twice as long as anyone else's. It's okay this once, but next time go for more concise. You can have the specifics written down if you want, but all I need is the general summary.
    Ah sorry tendency to ramble (which you have all probably noticed).

Good stuff.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll be on hiatus around Thanksgiving and the weekend after.

Cool, but uh, Thanksgiving is tomorrow.

(Unless you mean a European Thanksgiving whose date I don't know.)
    Last edited by Nyarai; 2012-11-21 at 05:57 PM.

25. - Top - End - #475

European Thanksgiving: "Thank God we're not American!" [serve goose]

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

European Thanksgiving: "Thank God we're not American!" [serve goose]
    Well... screw you, Commie! I'mma go flash-fry a turkey and fire my pistols in the air. CUZ MURIKA!

27. - Top - End - #477

Well... screw you, Commie! I'mma go flash-fry a turkey and fire my pistols in the air. CUZ MURIKA!

While as a Western German, I should take a good bit of offense to that, we rest secure in the knowledge that at least, our communism -works-. And I really do love you in a rather complicated way.

But yes, I missed you too. And by the way, thanks dael, gonna fix the sheet right now. You guys enjoy your turkey-day, and this guy right here is back in the game, for now.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

While as a Western German, I should take a good bit of offense to that, we rest secure in the knowledge that at least, our communism -works-.
    FYI, to a Murikan, everyone to the left of neoconservative right wing Republicanism is a Communist/Socialist. (These words are basically the same thing to them.) I didn't mean to cast aspersions on your government.

29. - Top - End - #479

FYI, to a Murikan, everyone to the left of neoconservative right wing Republicanism is a Communist/Socialist. (These words are basically the same thing to them.) I didn't mean to cast aspersions on your government.
    It's cool. That's the only thing we actually keep it around for. But let's cut out the politics, the mods might get upset, y'see?

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed! Let us go back to having our fun!