Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Her of the seeded fruit
    I must admit, the character that entertained me the most was Worlok's, for sheer craziness value. Worlok, I'm sad that you didn't decide to play a Malkavian: you would have pulled it off beautifully.
    Haha, thanks! I had actually tried to keep it at least semi-sane, but then my guy is basically an ad-hoc-Brujah when he's off his... medication for a while. So, who knows, maybe he ends up running with the malkie-crowd?

But to add my own to the chorus: I, too, enjoyed what we got so far. Can't wait for the coterie assembling, actually.

EDIT: Also, a belated welcome to my thread, Thunder.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-07-17 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Welcome.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to play willpower by ear. Having no Ravnos in the party makes it a bit less of a valuable currency as it would be otherwise. I would say time, being true to your character's nature despite a situation, being in your character's element, a particularly clever post, things like that will regain willpower. I may change this to make it easier or tougher depending how the game goes.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Firbolg in the Playground

Okay, I ask because I'm decided to make Claire not giving into Frenzy (again) something of a goal for her so loosely planning to spend Will on ensuring at least one round of control or so. Need to economize properly and all.

(Related question the one a night rule? I've always played with it but it is technically optional)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Remind me what the one night rule is?

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by daelrog View Post
    Remind me what the one night rule is?
    You get one Willpower restored every night when you wake up. To represent the restoration through resting and natural recovery and so forth.

Probably the simplest way to keep people from ever having to worry about running out.

(Reference, VtM core rulebook revised, pg 137 last bullet point on the page)
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-07-17 at 11:50 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Worlok View Post
    Haha, thanks! I had actually tried to keep it at least semi-sane, but then my guy is basically an ad-hoc-Brujah when he's off his... medication for a while. So, who knows, maybe he ends up running w)th the malkie-crowd?

But to add my own to the chorus: I, too, enjoyed what we got so far. Can't wait for the coterie assembling, actually.

EDIT: Also, a belated welcome to my thread, Thunder.
    Belated thanks. FYI, I may be out of commission for the next 18 hours or so.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

Traveling. Posting schedule may be interrupted.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, one point of willpower a night in addition to the other things I mentioned above is fine.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, I was meaning to post this and kept forgetting. From back in the recruitment thread:

As far as Faruq is concerned, chances are that some of the others did at least see him every so often
    [...]
    same does, however, also go for dodgy convenience scores, grocery shops, burger joints [...]
    Worlok, I'll hold you to that: you won't recognize Amy, probably, given her... uhm... extensive makeover , but the girl is very observant. She will remember having seen you, if you're still alright with it.

The shop where she (used to) work has no name, but is at the corner between Maple Avenue and Maxfield Road.
    Yes, the city has just acquired two named streets. So sue me.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-07-18 at 09:19 AM.
    Back to Italy for Easter. Posting may be affected

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

9. - Top - End - #69

Quote Originally Posted by Strawbs
    She will remember having seen you, if you're still alright with it.
    Of course. That's why I checked your backstories and edited mine once or twice, actually:

Throwaway mention of grocery stores: Chance Amy sorta recognises him.

Throwaway mention of some of AFCo's bank accounts being quite dated: Chance that Claire recalls his name from paperwork.

Having Steve Lincoln as a listed Contact: Chance for interesting run-ins with Rick.

He is, after all, supposed to be this guy whom half the city sort of think they've met before.

And ultimately: "Wear a veil and say you're Muslim" might be good advice for fledgling Nosferatu, don't you think?
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-07-18 at 10:03 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

And ultimately: "Wear a veil and say you're Muslim" might be good advice for fledgling Nosferatu, don't you think?
    Ahahahah.... see, I didn't think about that. Why didn't I think about that?

I'll stick with Obfuscate, I think... but that could really be an awesome idea. Feel free to propose it IC, should the occasion ever arise.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

11. - Top - End - #71

Quote Originally Posted by Strawbs
    Feel free to propose it IC, should the occasion ever arise.
    You just know something's gonna go horribly wrong. (But, big secret? Been planning on that since Berlin. )

12. - Top - End - #72

Well I doubt that Danielle would know any of you, she might have met Rick when involved in missing person groups if he was hired as a investigator, Amy might have served her something, Faruq may have sold drugs outside her school, and Claire may have attended a Piano bar where she played.

But it is unlikely that she would remember the individual faces and names unless she had a particular reason to, she for example didn't remember the name of a kid in her school when he was standing right in front of her talking to her, or the name of a girl she beat up a few years ago.

Thinking about it this might make her somewhat of a jerk as she could remember them if she tried, and she likely would remember then if they were missing people instead of right in front of her.

Any of you who feel that you want to know her feel free, just don't expect her to remember you.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Well I doubt that Danielle would know any of you, [...]
    Amy might have served her something
    Uhm... I don't see it as very plausible, but just because the shop where Amy works is supposed to be in a bad neighborhood... not the place someone would go out of their way to visit.
    With Faruq,it made more sense, but just because the guy is, well, a stoner, among other things. Him being around that sort of neighborhood makes a lot more sense in my mind.

14. - Top - End - #74

Fair enough but she has worked with missing person groups and wouldn't the type to be afraid of the bad part of town for canvassing or asking questions, but yea it would be rare enough.

15. - Top - End - #75

Well if Heavensworth is defined as a city it is not like anyone one has to know one another.

(Though I figure Evaz and Lady Black Box know each other by reputation, since a big thing in the 80s would be local BBSs. Like run of out of a guy house so everybody just had to make local calls local. So can't be that many hackers even for a West Coast town. Though I'm planning to play it that Claire wouldn't know Amy so Strawberry if you want to play this angle give me a namedrop or one of us should bring up computers.)
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-07-18 at 06:10 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Well if Heavensworth is defined as a city anyone one has to know one another.
    Uhm... I'm not really sure of what you mean. Or better said, I think you mean the opposite of what I understood from this sentence. Could you please rephrase so I can understand better?

Though I'm planning to play it that Claire wouldn't know Amy so Strawberry if you want to play this angle give me a namedrop or one of us should bring up computers.)
    Yeah, I'm on board with Claire and Amy not knowing each other in real life, but having often dealt with each other on the web.
    Well, I'm pretty sure computers will be mentioned at a certain point.... And also, I don't know if you've read my prelude, but the Nosferatu pretty much all call her 'Evaz'. Her sire has been the only one to use 'Amy', and very rarely. So, namedrop is probably a go, too.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-07-18 at 05:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post
    Uhm... I'm not really sure of what you mean. Or better said, I think you mean the opposite of what I understood from this sentence. Could you please rephrase so I can understand better?
    You ever do this thing where your brain runs faster then your typing and you cut off half a sentence because your brain was already past it and writing the end of the sentence

So corrected it should read: Well if Heavensworth is defined as a city it is not like anyone one has to know one another.

Yeah, I'm on board with Claire and Amy not knowing each other in real life, but having often dealt with each other on the web.
    Well, I'm pretty sure computers will be mentioned at a certain point.... And also, I don't know if you've read my prelude, but the Nosferatu pretty much all call her 'Evaz'. Her sire has been the only one to use 'Amy', and very rarely. So, namedrop is probably a go, too.
    I have seen that, so I'll just play things as they happen. I'm just leaving open that they might keep it for in-clan use and minimizing assumptions.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

You ever do this thing where your brain runs faster then your typing and you cut off half a sentence because your brain was already past it and writing the end of the sentence
    Pretty much all the time. I know exactly how you feel.

So corrected it should read: Well if Heavensworth is defined as a city it is not like anyone one has to know one another.
    That's what I had understood... But it never hurts to ask.

I have seen that, so I'll just play things as they happen. I'm just leaving open that they might keep it for in-clan use and minimizing assumptions.
    Oh, that could be a possibility I haven't thought of. Alright, we'll play it by ear

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

By the by, greatest line of the game so far imo:

Quote Originally Posted by Worlok
    Or else, the Hamas are the bravest retards on this planet.
    had me literally lol'ing.
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    By the by, greatest line of the game so far imo:

Quote Originally Posted by Worlok
    Or else, the Hamas are the bravest retards on this planet.
    had me literally lol'ing.
    Grea... Greatest in the GAME??? Hot-damn, you flatter me. Thanks a lot. Always happy to entertain.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-07-19 at 09:46 AM. Reason: That I am.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

What does Josef Kirsch look like (hair/eye color)? I couldn't find it in his description, just that he was over 6' tall.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Grea... Greatest in the GAME??? Hot-damn, you flatter me. Thanks a lot. Always happy to entertain.
    Lots of great lines from everyone, but this one actually made me laugh. :)
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Good question Thunder. He appears in his mid-forties to fifties. Dark ahir with some hints of grey. Clean shaven. Light grey eyes. He stands up perfectly straight. Well proportioned. The kind of man who has probably grown more handsome as he's gotten older. No glasses.

As my signature suggests, I'll have limited internet for the next few days. We'll take as long as needs be to finish up Faruq. I'll try to start working on the entrance to see the Prince. What I'll probably do is split it up into a few big sections, cause there's going to be a lot. Most the city's kindred will be present, there's a lot to describe in the scenery, not to mention the whole process of the Prince listing off the six traditions, and Danielle's trial of being an unliving embodiment of being at least one broken tradition.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2012-07-19 at 09:24 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84

I must say I'm looking forward to this Prince.

I mean a Nos is running the city. I figure he's either got to be so vain with Mask he makes the Ventrue and Toreador go "Dude too far..." or a massive troll that makes everyone meet in something sewer/dungeon like so he can laugh while all the 'civilized" clans struggle to not get gunk on their thousand dollar suits.

(At least that's what I'd do...)

25. - Top - End - #85

I think it would depend on how secure he feels in his power, making people meet in the sewers might make people more likely to oppose him, and using Mask of a Thousand Faces might make him look weak and isolate his own clan.

Also he might not like the the idea of living in the sewers when he can have a penthouse, and he might not like the idea of risking a botch/failure every scene and looking bad.

But we will see, hopefully Danielle will be able to avoid getting herself killed.

26. - Top - End - #86

Oh he can have a penthouse, but what Prince merges the main Elysium with their Haven? Maybe if this was a Dark Ages game sure (Elysiums don't grow on trees) and it was a rather nice castle, but modern spaces suitable for social gatherings aren't terribly good to live in.

Actually piecing together things, given a recent elevation the premiere Elysium probably is a hold over from our dead Ventrue.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm just looking forward to meeting the other characters.

*pokes worlok*
    Faruq's move. Then Josef can answer he them questions three.

Daelrog, going forward, does it make sense to handle private interactions with npc's via pm? For example, if Erica wants to ask Josef what he thinks about Faruq, Worlok might not want to be privy to that info ooc. That can get confusing for you though, so I understand if we want to lump them all into one thread. What's usually standard in PbP?
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #88

Typically "posting it and telling the other guy not to read it", which I'd be okay with and adhere to.

Now, to actually post.

EDIT: Posted now.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-07-20 at 09:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

I mean a Nos is running the city. I figure he's either got to be so vain with Mask he makes the Ventrue and Toreador go "Dude too far..." or a massive troll that makes everyone meet in something sewer/dungeon like so he can laugh while all the 'civilized" clans struggle to not get gunk on their thousand dollar suits.
    I admit, that made me laugh a lot. But I think Dancrilis is right, if the guy goes around under Mask all of the time, he would probably lose all respect from his own clan... I know he would lose Amy's respect, for one.

Also,I have to say, when I initially crafted Amy as a vampire, I had a very different mental picture of her sire/mentor: I was imagining someone a tad more aloof, a tad more old and a lot more confident in himself. But I love how Mike turned out: the guy is sweet (am I allowed to use the adjective 'sweet' when talking about a Nosferatu? ), and I kinda like the dynamics between them so far: Amy has to reassure him almost as much as he has to reassure her. That's something I would never have thought on my own, but it's really interesting. Thanks, daelrog!

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Interesting guesses everyone has.

As for private stuff, if everyone's cool with it, I'd prefer to simply spoiler the message. Maybe put bold letters stating who is the intended PCs/NPCs meant for it.