1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGuy

Because I've forgotten, how big is Havensworth, population wise? Something like 400k?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Probably about half a million total.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Worlok View Post
    Also, screw it, tempted to blow Presence for a first impression now. Should I, folks, what say you?
    Save it for the Prince?

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post
    Save it for the Prince?
    Yes, let's start using disciplines on the most powerful kindred in the city, in front of most of other kindred who reside there. That won't backfire.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by daelrog View Post
    That won't backfire.
    Never said it wouldn't .

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

7. - Top - End - #97
    Firbolg in the Playground

I personally totally support Faruq trying out some Presence in Elysium on the Prince with Primogen present.

It will be glorious.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I personally totally support Faruq trying out some Presence in Elysium on the Prince with Primogen present.

It will be glorious.
    Oh, me too.... I'll just conveniently be on the other side of the room, far, far away from him when that happens, 'kay? Not for any particular reason, mind, just to...admire the decor.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by daelrog
    Yes, let's start using disciplines on the most powerful kindred in the city, in front of most of other kindred who reside there. That won't backfire.
    Here's what I'm getting, man: Faruq doesn't have the slightest idea of what he can do, superpowers-wise, nor how to do it. His best bet in this is a sudden, instinctive grasp, and that's gonna happen once the important stuff is on the line. Even a Prince will have to understand a neonate that has not been given any other advice than "Be quiet, mind your manners, be polite, leave a good impression!" trying to work with the tools he's been given, especially when he just found out he has them that very same instant and thinks they can help him accomplish that. Also, I mean, the dude has been acting remarkably calm and patient up until here, now, hasn't he?

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Ops... sorry Soras, we posted togheter. Amending my IC post accordingly in a moment.

11. - Top - End - #101

Worlok I think IC it makes perfect sense for Faruq to try it. It totally matches his worming, not quite sensible, game playing style.

Ops... sorry Soras, we posted togheter. Amending my IC post accordingly in a moment.
    I had that happen to me earlier too. Preview button seems to be our friend for this game.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-07-23 at 03:38 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

No worries, no one's getting killed in Elysium tonight unless they straight up attack someone.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

IC post amended. And yes, jokes aside, if the use of Disciplines is instinctual, I quite agree that what Worlok said makes sense.

Personally, I'm fluffing Amy's disciplines half and half: I'd like the more advanced used of Obfuscate (Mask of a Thousand faces, namely), to be taught, because it makes more sense in my mind. The basic obfuscate and especially her...other discipline (which I'm keeping as a surprise ) should instead be instinctual. I'm not going to use them on the Prince, though, you can rest easy... unless of very specifical triggers.

14. - Top - End - #104

I know I've never seen a hard rule on Disciplines and learning them myself. And not like a single rule makes all that much sense for everyone. The physical three of course work fine, but its a little hard to justify Thaum as some kind of innate skill for a fledgling. Though at the same time sheer convenience demands some sensibility be sacked.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Personally I think unconscious use of presence in this case is fitting, but once we "get the hang" of using disciplines, they shouldn't accidentally activate.

Why don't we do it on a case-by-case basis until it's no longer relevant? It's not like we're going to be sans disciplines for very long. Daelrog will have final say over everything anyway.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

"Broken is the promise, betrayal"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Why don't we do it on a case-by-case basis until it's no longer relevant? It's not like we're going to be sans disciplines for very long. Daelrog will have final say over everything anyway.
    Absolutely seconded. It's just fun to debate the theory of the thing.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

*reads over Worlock's post*

This thought reassured him some, seeing how maybe he'd finally get a chance to plead his case in front of a jury these vampire kindred would respect. Their all's cases, come to think of it. Other than Ricky Bogarto over there, he was the only rooster in the yard here, after all.
    I'm not actually sure of wht you mean here...wait.

Wait, wait, wait. Is Faruq implying that he's got to take responsibility for the girls, being male and all? Because, oooh boy. If you pull something like that in the open with Amy, she is going to be seriously pissed off, I'm warning you.

18. - Top - End - #108

Not so much that as he believes to be the only one who's actually on top of things and has seen through the vampire's illusions. But machismo does factor into it, yes. Quite strongly so, in fact. I already warned y'all back in chargen, though.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-07-23 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Faruq's Machismo.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

But machismo does factor into it, yes. Quite strongly, so, in fact. I already warned you on chargen, though.
    Tought so. I don't have a problem with it, Amy most probably will. She's lived alone and dealt with crap alone since she was 17, after all, last thing she needs is a 'manly' man that thinks he has to protect her.

Just as a fair warning.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGuy

We're going to need to start a count to see how many kindred Faraq causes to frenzy.

21. - Top - End - #111

Tought so. I don't have a problem with it, Amy most probably will. She's lived alone and dealt with crap alone since she was 17, after all, last thing she needs is a 'manly' man that thinks he has to protect her.

Just as a fair warning.
    So noted, and appreciated, yes. Though in case it would assure her any, it is not so much "protecting" as "trying to act like a boss in front of a given number of girls in order to shock and awe try and impress them".

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Seeker View Post
    We're going to need to start a count to see how many kindred Faraq causes to frenzy.

Thought, cometo think about it, Amy may not be included in his definition of "girl". Which would actually come as a relief.

So noted, and appreciated, yes. Though in case it would assure her any, it is not so much "protecting" as "trying to act like a boss in front of a given number of girls in order to shock and awe try and impress them".
    For some characters, high school never ends.

Now that I think about it, how old is Faruq, again?

23. - Top - End - #113

Thought, cometo think about it, Amy may not be included in his definition of "girl". Which would actually come as a relief.
    Not yet, or rather, not yet in his definition of "attractive girl", which kind of is what makes the "boss"-sense tingle, here.

For some characters, high school never ends.

Now that I think about it, how old is Faruq, again?
    Twenty. With a fake passport that says twenty-three.

Also, Dark Seeker, I'd hope there's no actual need for that.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-07-23 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Need.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Seeker View Post
    He could already be up to 1 with his sire, though she may just have maintained her holding pattern of rampant stupidity.
    Last edited by Nyarai; 2012-07-23 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Fixed some words. :>
    River Tam avatar by Strawberries

25. - Top - End - #115

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarai View Post
    He could already be up to 1 with his sire, though she may just have maintained her holding pattern of rampant stupidity.
    Don't know about that, she tried to make it alright for him and he kept trying to cause her issues, I am pretty sure if she had her way she would not have embraced him.
    She kind of got dealt a bad hand.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Don't know about that, she tried to make it alright for him and he kept trying to cause her issues, I am pretty sure if she had her way she would not have embraced him.
    She kind of got dealt a bad hand.
    And I think my last post proves you correct dancrilis. Very tough business for a kindred who's responsibility recklessly wants her dead. We'll have to see how things play out this night, and the coming nights.

27. - Top - End - #117

Say, from fledgling ST to acting STs: Daelrog, dancrilis, how do you intend to handle experience gain in your games, like, Kiev and this one? I'm kinda going to run one later, and seeing how I'm a little stumped and we're currently in the phase between updates on both of them, I thought I'd ask you now - 'cause I really would like to know how you work over such matters online, seeing how the "Storytellers should award about (as many) for attendance and participation" clause and other such things are kinda hard to implement and all.

Sorry if this comes off as off-topic or rude, not gonna threadjack or anything. Just thought the frame kinda fitting for it.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-07-24 at 07:10 PM. Reason: They've been to war a decade, two more to come!

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

No, that's a fair question. I'll be giving a modest amount of XP after the night is concluded. I'll give XP in small doses (most of the time between 3-7 exp). If we get to a point where everyone has established themselves, threats have been dealt with, etc, everyone will get a bit larger amount of exp, and some freebies to spend.

Backgrounds will be earned (and lost) through roleplay and/or freebies in between time skips.

I'm also considering giving a few people merits and flaws based on tonight. I may give freebies or extra experience to those who gianed flaws as all of them were based on good roleplaying, or things I pushed onto the character.

29. - Top - End - #119

Sounds good. Not too much, and not too little, and the kind of standard you would need in PbP. Alright, I think I'll take some notes from that. Thanks.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Does Faruq's count as "reasonably high perception"?
    I think everything about Faruq counts as "reasonably high".

I know. I'm ashamed of myself for the cheap joke. I'll go hide in a corner for a while, now.