Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

Can I just have a moment of sillyness OOC? Then I promise I'll return serious.

Quote Originally Posted by daelrog View Post
    So since you don't want to say with the family, looks like you got your choice between the Noseratu Flats, or whatever random storage shed we find on the way."
    YAY! Come in the Nosferatu flats, dancrilis! So Amy and Danielle can have a proper girl slumber party. With pink fluffy pijamas and all the works.

EDIT:yes, that IS a disturbing image.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-08-01 at 01:59 AM.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post
    So Amy and Danielle can have a proper girl slumber party. With pink fluffy pijamas and all the works.
    Funnily Danielle would likely look perfectly at home in that situation normally, thought she might feel a bit out of place.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Funnily Danielle would likely look perfectly at home in that situation normally, thought she might feel a bit out of place.
    First order of business: buy pink pijamas for Amy. .

And I have a thing lately where my posts don't update the thread subscriptions...I don't know if it's just me or is happening to everyone So, here's to let you all know that I've posted IC. Please go check it out even if the thread doesn't show as updated?

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

That's a reasonably normal board error around here actually.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    That's a reasonably normal board error around here actually.
    Yup, I usually expect it when I get a server error when trying to post. It's just that lately it has been happening even without any error message. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    So do vampires cry tears, blood, or not at all?
    Excellent question. I was about to ask the same in the prelude, then realised Amy wouldn't cry, out of sheer stubborness.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

I've come across some off hand remark in books that vamps don't have any body fluids except blood. Including say occasionally sweating blood in times of stress, and other more squicky things that can happen while Masquerading.

Then again I can't recall where so its not one of the big rules. I once ran across a note that blood was supposed to have to be like still-body-temperature fresh to be any good for vamps. Never stopped my play group from serving it socially or the occasional raider of medical supplies character.

Of course we are all so fresh we could in theory still have a lot of water in us. Also of course its a detail easily changed.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-08-03 at 04:26 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, could go either way. By expending blood, vampires can definitely produce sweat, body odor, etc, that's in the rules. I was just wondering if they sweat/cry blood if they don't expend the blood points to make themselves appear more human. Right now I'm assuming no because I can't find anything in the book about it, and vampires have no need to sweat.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

My houserule on tears is... I leave it to each individual player. As there are a few things that make sense from normal appearing tears, to blood tears, to no tears, I think any of those, or something similar is acceptable.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by daelrog View Post
    My houserule on tears is... I leave it to each individual player. As there are a few things that make sense from normal appearing tears, to blood tears, to no tears, I think any of those, or something similar is acceptable.
    Okay, then. For Amy, I'll go with the "no tears" approach. We'll say her tear ducts have been too ruined by the post-Embrace transformation to still work.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I will go with no tears for Danielle, no more cathartic release for her from that.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground

While Faruq would obviously never cry, I think I'll wait for an occasion and then see what would seem appropriate, material-wise.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarai View Post

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, so, little question. If instead of 'off his rocker' I had written that Cassidy was "out like a balcony" like it was my original intention (to indicate that he is crazy), would anyone have understood me or is that an incomprehensible translation of a slang expression that is only typically Italian?
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-08-05 at 11:08 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, so, little question. If instead of 'off his rocker' I had written that Cassidy was "out like a balcony" like it was my original intention (to indicate that he is crazy), would anyone have understood me or is that an incomprehensible translation of a slang expression that is only typically Italian?
    Without seeing "off his rocker" before it, I would have assumed "out like a balcony" mean "to be flamboyantly homosexual" or something of that nature.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

I would have gone with something involving unconsciousness myself

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I would have gone with something involving unconsciousness myself

Without seeing "off his rocker" before it, I would have assumed "out like a balcony" mean "to be flamboyantly homosexual" or something of that nature.

See? That's why you should NEVER translate slang without checking first! (If I keep telling myself that, maybe sometimes I'll actually start doing that)
    Just for clarification: it comes from the Italian expression "He's out of his mind" (which I believe exists in English as well), which we shorten in "He's out" and then with a colorful simile attached "out like a balcony".... I had forgotten that in English "to be out" means something else entirely!

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

If you find yourself becoming lost, as I sometimes do, with respect to various NPCs entering and exiting the scene, here's a handy spreadsheet to help keep them all straight.

I made this for my own ease of reference, and figured that it could be useful to you guys too. Enjoy and edit it as you see fit.
    Last edited by Nyarai; 2012-08-07 at 12:32 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGuy

Wow, thanks so much Nyarai! I'll be making good use of this.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks, Nyarai!

EDIT: I added in the other two harpies and the other two creepy ghouls, whose names we still don't know, plus a couple of physical description you had missed. I hope it's alright.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-08-07 at 07:03 AM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Heheheh, much more comprehensive than mine :)
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks, Nyarai!

EDIT: I added in the other two harpies and the other two creepy ghouls, whose names we still don't know, plus a couple of physical description you had missed. I hope it's alright.
    Of course. That's what it's there for. I only put down named NPCs, hence why the nameless harpies/ghouls didn't make the list. Also I combed for descriptions of Hayden and Al to no avail. Glad you found them.
    Last edited by Nyarai; 2012-08-07 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Al too

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Of course. That's what it's there for. I only put down named NPCs, hence why the nameless harpies/ghouls didn't make the list. Also I combed for descriptions of Hayden and Al to no avail. Glad you found them.
    I see... But the creepy ghouls were too good to not be in there.
    Also, are we sure that Harry O'Fallen is a Nosferatu? I was thinking "not a vampire at all", actually...

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Right you are. He's now an Independent Agent of Unknown Race (plus a little idle speculation thrown in, free of charge ). Didn't exactly read in depth the first time around. Flat teeth and all that. Just saw the gross face, the illusions (which I pegged as Mask of 1K Faces and Chimerstry), and figured that about did it.

Not to mention, Henry probably wouldn't refer to a Nosferatu as foul right in front of the Prince.
    Last edited by Nyarai; 2012-08-07 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Speculate ALL the things

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

I edited a bit Slick and Rogan's descriptions. I'm having entirely too much fun with this.

Plus:

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarai's specuation
    I say Fae because he's A) a Celt who B) likes illusions, plus it would C) make me giggle for that creepy mofo to be, of all things, a faerie. XD
    Your speculation makes me laugh a lot.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

I kinda didn't want to leave, but there's no way my character would have stuck around and chatted in the room with all the corpses. :(
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    I kinda didn't want to leave, but there's no way my character would have stuck around and chatted in the room with all the corpses. :(
    *pat pat*. I think we should be almost done here anyway. Probably. You left, Rick left, Faruq is more or less leaving... only Amy, Danielle and Claire around at the moment. And unless something else happens, Amy just wants to introduce Danielle to the freak show respectable members of the Nosferatu clan, and then she'd really like to go somewhere private and start asking the important questions.

Also, about the corpses: you underestimated the wonders of selective perception... basically, "try very hard not to look at them or think about them - you have a lot of other things to worry about at the moment". Which is more or less what Amy is doing.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-08-08 at 07:27 AM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Got bored this afternoon and added pictures to the spreadsheet (with one obvious exception) for the more visually inclined folks among us.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hmm... interesting interpretations. Most were very impressive. I would give Cassidy Victor's picture though, and Josef doesn't look as old as he acts. I was particular happy with the Nosferatu, except for Slick who's way uglier than THAT pretty boy you used.

Oh, and only other edit I made is that Trent is actually a Tremere.

There are 10 kindred the gang has yet to meet.

Now for my turn, to do the PCs.

Amy
    Claire
    Danielle
    Erica
    Faruq
    Rick

And... done.

EDIT: Also, an update. For those who peaked into Erica's spoiler, Thundercracker has 9 exp points to spend. So will everyone else once they've concluded the night, so you can all think on how best to use them or save them. I decided to give a few extra points cause of how fun the preludes were. Although normally I'll ask for experience to be used on things you've actually used recently, I'll be pretty open this time. Think of these experience points as the characters settling into their undead bodies.

Keep in mind it's experience and not freebies.

As for my thoughts on where to next, I figure the next night will be full of a lot as everyone sires lie to the characters to suit their own purposes show them the way things work. After another full night or two, we may start moving time a bit more, jump a few weeks in game time.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2012-08-08 at 10:54 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

I've personally got Rogan in my head as being black black (screw vampy paleness) but on balance that is some excellent work.