Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 1033
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    daelrog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    I agree about Rogan, but it's pretty darn close otherwise. Some of the characters were really, really spot on.

    At first I was like "Al doesn't look so casual." Then I was like, wait a second, that's exactly how she'd look if she was though. Henry and Hayden were both great. The Quenton picture was even better than I imagined in my head. Cassidy's ghouls made me smile. I actually watched some Burn Notice for awhile (before I move out of country), and yes, that's a good picture for the mystery ghoul.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Strawberries's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Midlands, UK
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Wow, impressive work, Nyarai. And I'll comment a bit more in-depth when I'm not from a phone anymore

    "Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Nyarai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by daelrog View Post
    I agree about Rogan, but it's pretty darn close otherwise. Some of the characters were really, really spot on.

    Cassidy's ghouls made me smile. I actually watched some Burn Notice for awhile (before I move out of country), and yes, that's a good picture for the mystery ghoul.
    Unfortunately, deviantart is pretty stingy when it comes to quality pictures of menfolk. Usually the rule is Male/Well-Drawn/Wearing a Shirt [choose two], which for some folks isn't a problem, but for others...

    Rogan was a problem because it's very hard to search for, let alone find, good pictures of minorities sometimes. (The word "Black" produced a lot of emo stuff and African produced a lot of badly drawn stuff). I agree with you guys about Rogan. Hopefully this picture of Samuel L Motha****in' Jackson I just found will fit the bill better. (And failing that, Samuel L Motha****in' Jackson!)

    Spoiler
    Show


    And yeah, suit/aviators/stubble is a HARD combo to find. I was about to go with a suitless dude before I thought to look for Mike Westen.

    I'll give Cassidy Victor's picture, but I have no idea what Victor looks like, aside from being kinda big (and smelling like piss and sawdust).

    Edit: Switched the two of them as a stop-gap measure.

    Edit ^2: That's our Hitler Victor!

    Kirsch was actually shopped to greyness, so lemme see if I can whip out the original.

    Edit: Tada! (Completely different, and better, picture. XD)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Nyarai; 2012-08-09 at 01:19 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Very nice, I added in the two fully dead kindred, left the pictures out as I am not great at finding appropriate ones.

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2010

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Wonderful work everyone.

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Nyarai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Very nice, I added in the two fully dead kindred, left the pictures out as I am not great at finding appropriate ones.
    Initially, I figured that it'd be better to leave the dead off, since, yanno, it's not like they're going to be walking onto the scene any time soon. But then again again, I did have a "Who the hell was Brett?" moment while reading the IC thread, so that's good info to have.

    I'll find pictures of those fine darlings tomorrow, though I might just re appropriate Cassidy's old pic for Billy. :3

    Edit: Sleep? Was ist das? Pics are there. New one for Billy too.
    Last edited by Nyarai; 2012-08-09 at 02:27 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Daelrog, are you planning to skip forward at all?
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    Traveling. Posting schedule may be interrupted.

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Strawberries's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Midlands, UK
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Okay, back to a computer, even if it's not my beloved laptop.

    Thoughts: I love the look of the new Cassidy. I don't know why, but Henry Sanderson had brown hair in my mind, Mike is SPOT ON and so is Flat Face, the creepy ghouls are... very creepy, so kudos, and Brent... reminds me of Charming from Shrek. I don't know if that's good or bad.

    DO THE PCs NEXT!!!!

    Also, @TC:

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Daelrog, are you planning to skip forward at all?
    I think you may have missed an edit:

    Quote Originally Posted by daelrog View Post
    As for my thoughts on where to next, I figure the next night will be full of a lot as everyone sires lie to the characters to suit their own purposes show them the way things work. After another full night or two, we may start moving time a bit more, jump a few weeks in game time.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-08-09 at 10:34 AM.

    "Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Edits coming after posts are tough to catch, thanks. I'm actually glad we're not skipping just yet.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    Traveling. Posting schedule may be interrupted.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Strawberries's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Midlands, UK
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Edits coming after posts are tough to catch, thanks. I'm actually glad we're not skipping just yet.
    Same for me. I have to yell at humbly talk with my sire like a proper, respectful childe some more.

    EDIT: Also, Daelrog, out of curiosity, are you still plannong of giving out personalised merits/flaws/backgrounds after tonight?
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-08-09 at 11:34 AM.

    "Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Nyarai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post
    DO THE PCs NEXT!!!!
    Your wish is my command, oh she of the seeded fruit. (@Soras + dancrillis: Just holler if the pictures don't match your thoughts. I just had zero data to go off of aside from "mid-to-late twenties" and "teenager." Finding lovely women on dA is like shooting fish in a barrel made of fish. )

    Amy
    Spoiler
    Show


    Claire
    Spoiler
    Show


    Danielle
    Spoiler
    Show


    Erica
    Spoiler
    Show


    Faruq
    Spoiler
    Show


    Rick
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Nyarai; 2012-08-14 at 04:52 PM. Reason: New and improved Danielle + Claire! :D

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Strawberries's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Midlands, UK
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarai View Post

    Amy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww... she's way, way prettier than how I imagined her... but that picture is ADORABLE!

    "Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarai View Post
    dancrillis: Just holler if the pictures don't match your thoughts.

    Danielle
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow I am really torn.
    On one hand excellent work, the eyes and face capture how I could see the character looking pretty perfectly, the expression of defiant boredom fits Danielle really well, and the eyes are fantastic.

    On the other hand I had initially listed long blonde hair capable of a pony tail or pig tails, and without the colour and length it just seems like something is missing.

    Ah ... and now I look like I am complaining about nothing.

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DrowGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2010

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Nyarai, I LOVE that picture of Rick. You did a better job finding an illustration for him then I ever could. I pictured him a little gruffer, but this works out amazingly. Thanks.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Strawberries's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Midlands, UK
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post

    On the other hand I had initially listed long blonde hair capable of a pony tail or pig tails, and without the colour and length it just seems like something is missing.
    The lenght could still be right, I think. That sort of hair is easy enough to pull into a ponytail or pigtail. I should know, I have straight hair like that and wore them at that lenght for years.

    If it helps, I too think that the eyes and the expression are spot-on.

    "Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Nyarai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Wow I am really torn.
    On one hand excellent work, the eyes and face capture how I could see the character looking pretty perfectly, the expression of defiant boredom fits Danielle really well, and the eyes are fantastic.

    On the other hand I had initially listed long blonde hair capable of a pony tail or pig tails, and without the colour and length it just seems like something is missing.

    Ah ... and now I look like I am complaining about nothing.
    It's not nothing! The little details are important sometimes.

    Defiant, bored teen with long blond hair. Time to acquisition... about 30-90 seconds.

    Spoiler
    Show


    I told you guys. Fish in a barrel.

    EDIT: Oho! A palette swapped challenger approaches!

    Spoiler
    Show


    Sadly can't go any lighter on the shade, because then it gets all washed out and gross. Also, as someone with hair a bit shorter than hers, I could totally do pigtails (if I could find a second hair tie ).
    Last edited by Nyarai; 2012-08-09 at 11:16 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarai View Post

    Defiant, bored teen with long blond hair. Time to acquisition... about 30-90 seconds.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Fantastic, I choose this one.

    Thanks Nyarai.

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    daelrog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Daelrog, are you planning to skip forward at all?
    I think we're close to being done with the night. Faruq needs to get dropped off where Flockton is. Danielle and Amy are heading towards the Nosferatu place. Rick has a conversation to finish.

    As for skipping forward, I think the next night will be covered in dpeth, maybe the night after that depending. Afterwards, we may skip a month or so.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Soras Teva Gee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Welcome everyone who's read the IC thread to a minor recurring element I just made up thinking about it. Claire will occasionally have some trippy dreams. Can vamps dream? Well she does (and hey I didn't take it but there is a nightmare's flaw so there) and they are trippy loosely made statements on the struggles she's repressing.

    Though this will only be an occaisonal thing Worlok's got the permanent tripping all kinds of locked down.

    Also

    @Picture: Claire has brown hair (and on the darker end of that spectrum) not blonde. If I wrote that in game somewhere I really was tripping but it is in my description

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Strawberries's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Midlands, UK
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Can vamps dream? Well she does (and hey I didn't take it but there is a nightmare's flaw so there)
    That's exactly my thought on the question of dreaming: yes, vampires should be able to dream, otherwise the nightmare flaw wouldn't be out there.

    @Picture: Claire has brown hair (and on the darker end of that spectrum) not blonde. If I wrote that in game somewhere I really was tripping but it is in my description
    Soras, did you say anywhere what your bestial feature was? I was curious (and you frenzied, so I guessed you should have one) but couldn't find a description anywhere.
    Or is Claire (and us with her) still unaware of it?

    "Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Soras Teva Gee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Oh she has one I've been mentioning since it happened... namely Claire's clothes fit just fine.

    Her mind simply no longer allows her to feel comfortable in them, because animals don't wear them. Chosen to directly relate to the circumstances of her embrace and first frenzy. Everything she wears will feel uncomfortable and may occasionally lead to some occasional social lapses but for an unstatted one I figured I'd could go low key and vagueish. While on the other hand the sort forced behavior she showed in the embrace to match Rogan is now a part of her thinking more permanently she just hasn't realized it yet.

    (Incidentally that whole embrace actually came about by accident on the meta level. I was not originally writing Claire as getting interested in Rogan romantically, but attempting to match his casual nudism along with some rebirth and naturalistic symbolism. But our good ST went another way and I decided it made sense for Claire too.)

    She isn't aware of it yet though I'm planning to make her realize it at some point. Hence the a deliberate contrasting in the crazy forest dream she's having.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-08-11 at 01:59 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Strawberries's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Midlands, UK
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    (Incidentally that whole embrace actually came about by accident on the meta level. I was not originally writing Claire as getting interested in Rogan romantically.
    I had found that a little strange, actually!

    Her mind simply no longer allows her to feel comfortable in them, because animals don't wear them.
    Okay, so that means that so far, we have:

    -A stoner Ventrue
    -A nudist Gangrel
    -A Nosferatu that's weirded out by Mask of a Thousand face.
    -A Caitiff with anger management issues

    And while the other two seem more normal, so far, I've got no doubt that we're off to a interesting coterie.

    "Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarai View Post
    Your wish is my command, oh she of the seeded fruit. (@Soras + dancrillis: Just holler if the pictures don't match your thoughts. I just had zero data to go off of aside from "mid-to-late twenties" and "teenager." Finding lovely women on dA is like shooting fish in a barrel made of fish. )

    Erica
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pretty close to what I had pictured too, except Erica would be a bit older. This could very easily be a portrait of her when she graduated high school.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2012-08-11 at 10:07 AM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    Traveling. Posting schedule may be interrupted.

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Strawberries's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Midlands, UK
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Strawberries: Well Amy could likely find Danielle tonight if she wanted, or tomorrow would be grand, as potentially having a higher humanity then the others they might very well be the first to wake up.
    Probably tomorrow evening will be better, but just because we'll end up blocking the other players otherwise. (Unless Daelrog decides to go ahead with them and leave us the time to wrap up things between us)

    Either way, I'll make a token attempt for Amy to find you tonight. No way in hell that she is going to leave you all alone, or worse with Flat Face, as she thinks you are
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-08-11 at 12:06 PM.

    "Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Nyarai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Pretty close to what I had pictured too, except Erica would be a bit older. This could very easily be a portrait of her when she graduated high school.
    So more like this?

    Spoiler
    Show


    (According to dA, nearly all Chinese women either wear a qipao or go au naturel. )

    Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    @Picture: Claire has brown hair (and on the darker end of that spectrum) not blonde. If I wrote that in game somewhere I really was tripping but it is in my description
    You didn't. I just couldn't recall Claire ever being described anywhere. From the top!

    Spoiler
    Show


    (Had to search for werewolves to cut down on the number of waifs mugging demurely for the camera. )

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Given the choice I'd say stick with the first one. I had a look through D.A. too and yeah, looks like everyone sticks to very similar themes.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    Traveling. Posting schedule may be interrupted.

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Strawberries's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Midlands, UK
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by daelrog View Post
    "There's a lot of good things, Evaz. I was born at the turn of the century, even fought in World War I. "
    Psst, daelrog... unless Mike hasn't lied to Amy about being born in 1922, I think you may have a typo there... it should be World War II. I'll hold up answering IC just in case it isn't a typo (I guess high-school level of education would be enough for her to remember the dates of the two world wars... so if that's really what he said, she's got to call him out on it)

    "Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Soras Teva Gee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    So after shooting way to many fish in a barrel made of fish where the water is also fish I finally found a picture for Claire I can get behind.

    Spoiler
    Show


    (Fun fact I nabbed this out of an advertisement and had to finagle a larger picture out by getting lucky on file names... then had to edit it to a showable size myself)

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Strawberries's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Midlands, UK
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    I edited Nyarai's spreadsheet...because I have mentioned Duke in a recent post and I realised that somebody could go "huh?", since he's mentioned just in the beginning of my prelude.

    So, i proudly present you the entries for Duke, owner of a shabby diner in the outhwest part of town, and Elizabeth, disembodied voice and general pain in the ass at the Nosferatu flats. No pictures, though. I'm no good at finding pictures.

    "Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    daelrog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post
    I edited Nyarai's spreadsheet...because I have mentioned Duke in a recent post and I realised that somebody could go "huh?", since he's mentioned just in the beginning of my prelude.

    So, i proudly present you the entries for Duke, owner of a shabby diner in the outhwest part of town, and Elizabeth, disembodied voice and general pain in the ass at the Nosferatu flats. No pictures, though. I'm no good at finding pictures.
    And no one knows what Elizabeth looks like, yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •