New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: RaynnVerse: The Revolution IC

Jake Wallace

Jake flew backwards out of the darkness, stopping to stand in front of Hope once more. He couldn't see Blackstar. He knew the villain was there, but he couldn't see him. Maybe he should try to knock the villain out of the darkness. He smirked.

"Hey Blackula! I only got three words to say to you."

"Fuuuus"

"RO DAH!"

With the last syllable, he releases a powerful shockwave projected from his lips, easily covering the area of the darkness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Trip/Knockback!

DC 20 reflex; then opposed check, my power vs. the lowest of his strength or dexterity.

Power Check (1d20+10)[17]
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

Green Lantern

When the rest of the windows blew out from the King's shout, Daniel knew that the fight was already under way. He flew in through the shattered portal only to find that most of the room was covered in some kind of smoky darkness that obscured Black Star, the fight, and everything in it. GL needed to be able to see in order to fight, so the first thing he did was call upon his ring to expunge the darkness from the room with a tide of searing green light! Holding his fist out, he turned the ring on his hand into a veritable spotlight to sweep away Black Star's cover.

Hm...what to use as a one-liner? Time to shed some light on this situation? Let there be light? Who turned out the lights? Something about the Energizer Bunny? How many Green Lanterns does it take to change a light bulb? Aw...moment's passed. Man, I need to be quicker on the draw with these...

Spoiler
    Show
    Power Check for Counter: (1d20+10)[26]
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2012-10-01 at 11:45 PM.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

Diego

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+9)[19] vs. DC 21

Lycan leaps forward as Diego pulls away and collides with the alley wall becoming dazed by the collision.

"AGGGGHHHH!"

Jake & Daniel

Black Star endures the dragon borne blast and just barely maintains the darkness but a moment later it fades away anyway but not because of the Green Lantern . . .

Then Black Star explodes with negative energy!

With Azmuth and Holo within range.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Save: (1d20+6)[20]
    Opposed Check: (1d20+1)[19]
    Opposed Power Check: (1d20+12)[26]

Lethal Area Strike 12.

DC 22 Reflex save to half, DC 27 Toughness Save.

Hero Point to Green Lantern.

Len

The reporters seem barely discouraged at Sauros' dismissal and one seems about to ask another question when Sauros spies a live stream on a press member's ipad

"WHARTON STATE FOREST HAS SUDDENLY BEGUN TO REGROW AFTER HAVING BEEN DESTROYED BY THE CRASH LANDING OF THE LIGHTHOUSE SATELLITE AND A FOREST FIRE ON THE DAY OF THE FREEDOM CITY CATASTROPHE. REPORTS ARE COMING IN THAT THE VILLAIN AND ECO-TERRORIST KNOWN AS THE GREEN MAN HAS CLAIMED RESPONSIBILITY AND THAT HE HAS CLAIMED THE RIGHT OF RULE OVER THE RESTORED FOREST. TAKING HIS LEAD FROM KING JAKE OF CAMELOT HE HAS ANNOUNCED THAT THE FOREST IS NOW THE FREE STATE OF THE GREEN AND HIS DOMINION ALONE, STATING THAT IT IS NO LONGER PART OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!"

Ashley

Clark smiles

"I'd like that,"

Later . . .

Ashley arrives at the apartment to find only Kippymon asleep in her bed. The others are not home. Clark follows Ashley in

"Uh... Where's your family? Or are they joining us later?"
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-10-02 at 01:42 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ettin in the Playground

Going up

Diego barely breaks aerial stride as he closes his talons around Lycan's shoulders before he can react. "Let's try this again, perro! I know how much you like these little trips of ours." He takes off upwards, a gray streak in the sky. The altitude climbs, and looking down Diego can register every inch. He shifts his hold on Lycan as they rise. He's a heavy guy, and Diego can just barely heft him overhead.

"Oy esse, you know they have diet kibble now, si?" They continue to climb, until they're on par with the nearby skyscrapers. "Ding! Twentieth floor: pet supplies, loco genetic freaks, and the end of a short fuse!" He releases his talons and allows Lycan to slip from his grip, plummeting towards the ground far below. "Mind the gap!" As Lycan falls, Diego continues climbing, unburdened, before slowing down about 500 feet up and looking down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling to hit the poor dazed fellow with full All-Out Attack. Then initiating grapple (dazed means can't fight it) and flying up, letting go at around 200 feet and continuing up.

Attack: (1d20+18)[27]

5. - Top - End - #695
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

So far, Jake's only been able to put a minor injury on the villain. The darkness was too much of a tactical advantage for him. Luckily, the Green Lantern was on the scene. Jake gave a grin and a nod to the new hero. Time for the official team up.

Well... maybe after the massive effing explosion that rocked the area!

Jake spread his arms out to shield Hope from the blast. And he took it head-on... yet, the might of the Scabbard protected him from even the horrible negative energies of Blackstar.

Spoiler
    Show
    30 on the toughness save.

And then it was back on. Jake rushed towards the villain, unleashing another quick strike with Excalibur. The plan was to whittle him down before going for the final blow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Plain attack!

(1d20+10)[22] - DC 25 no-save toughness
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #696
    Troll in the Playground

Green Lantern

"NO-"

SHREEEEBOOOOOOOMMMM!!

Daniel could only hope that Holo and Azmuth had found cover like he'd told them to, because he couldn't shield them from here. The negative energy explosion washed over him, destroying who knew how much of the building(s) around him in the process. Daniel had just enough time to push his ring out in front of him and turn his force field up to eleven before the blast wave hit.

Much to his apparent surprise, Daniel was still there once the smoke had cleared, the light from his ring cutting through the dust in the aftermath.

"That's it, disco fever..." Daniel's eyebrows knitted together under his mask. He couldn't be sure of the count...in fact he could only guess how many Farsiders Blackstar had just immolated. If he had done that in the crowded football stadium earlier it would have been in the tens of thousands at least. He needed to take this guy down now.

Green Lantern aimed his fist and a verdant beam of energy blasted from the ring in the most basic expression of the weapon's power Daniel could think of. He didn't waste time on giant fists or fly swatters or anything, but instead just blasted the hell out of the bad guy. Simple, to the point.

Spoiler
    Show
    Blast 10: (1d20+10)[21]
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2012-10-06 at 03:23 PM.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #697
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Throughout most of the day, Ashley spent it like she did most of last week, going over rubble and ruined areas to help save whoever might be trapped. By this point though most of it is done already. This combined with her collapse yesterday and Clark's insistence had Ashley relax a bit. It's still a very tense time for both of them. At least nothing kept Ashley from being unable to arrive home for dinner.

Now Danielle, Marcia, and Sarah being home was another matter entirely. Arriving home to find only Kippymon present is a worrying sight; Ashley has had enough sights like these to last a lifetime. She responds to Clark in confusion. "I... No, they should be home. None of them had plans to go out today and even if they did, Danielle or Marcia would have stayed here with Sarah." Walking slowly, Ashley goes up to her room to wake up Kippymon. A hint of aggravation was in her tone as she spoke. "Hey, wake up! Where is Danielle and Sarah? Where is Marcia?!" She grumbles quietly how they were supposed to call her if anything occurred or changed. She really didn't want to imagine the worst.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

Diego

Roaring out in feral rage Lycan falls before going splat on the pavement. He's dead but Diego knows he'll heal up again in a few days. Assuming no one incinerates the body.

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Save: (1d20+7)[15] vs. DC 35

Jake & Daniel

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Save 1: (1d20+13)[24] vs. DC 25
    Toughness Save 2: (1d20+13)[16] -1 vs. DC 25

As Excalibur slashes and the green light of will hammers down on Blackstar he is beaten down in a light-show of magic and solid willpower. After a moment he is left beaten and disabled on the ground of the room. Looking around Holo lies nearby in the rubble, now lacking its hologram shell and seemingly inactive. Azmuth cannot be seen. Farsiders are fleeing in all directions over the debris.

Ashley

Approaching Kippymon Ashley realizes he didn't go to sleep of his own accord . . .

Kippymon has been badly beaten and it takes Ashley a worried minute to wake him. As soon as he comes to and gets his bearings he explains what happened and looks terrified at Ashley for a moment before he speaks

"Yo. . . You came home, except it wasn't you. You didn't even speak or move but they all got thrown around the room like rag dolls. Danielle tried to fight you but she couldn't even get close. In the end you just floated them all out the door and left. I tried to stop you but . . . I failed . . . but it wasn't you. I could feel it. There was no connection. They were a person, maybe even another you, but I knew right away it wasn't this you . . . I'm sorry I failed you Ashley."
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-10-06 at 02:56 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

Green Lantern

"Is everyone okay?" he asked those that were still standing. "Your majesty, please watch Blackstar for me a moment while I start clearing this rubble!"

Pointing his ring at the nearest pile that didn't have civilians clambering on top of it, Green Lantern made what looked like a translucent, green steam shovel appear out of nowhere. Green mist blew out of its stack as it started to dip its arm into nearby piles and move rubble out of the way. Deciding this wasn't enough, Daniel pointed his ring at a different pile and added a second steam shovel to the work. They seemed to be able to operate without his direct control, because he added his own two hands to the effort while calling out, "Azmuth! Azmuth, are you alive?! Say something!"

He left Holo alone for the time being, because while it seemed inactive it was still a robot. It's condition probably wasn't going to degrade while he looked for the more squishy and biological, little alien he'd met. Besides, he didn't know much if anything about Holo's technology so the Farsiders were probably better choices to see to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Creating two minions. Not going to stat them, but at 75 power points each all dedicated to lifting strength they should be able to move a good bit of rubble each turn. They'll sound off if they find anything.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2012-10-06 at 03:32 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

~ Adventure Time with Daniel & Jake ~

Blackstar is still conscious but badly hurt, he is still dangerous, but continuing the fight puts his life in serious danger.

Though not fighting does the same since Jake is pro-capital punishment.

After a few moments Daniel finds Azmuth and holds him in the palms of his hands. Azmuth is not long for this world; he speaks up, his voiced a pained croak

"Gre. . . Green Lantern . . . You . . . You must listen. . . I remember . . . in my arrogance I thought it was nothing. That your people were too primitive to be able to do it. . . they were studying it . . . they didn't need it for a weapon . . . the omnitrix . . . they wanted the technology . . . the theory behind it . . . to understand it . . . something . . . something else . . . they said . . . they said . . . 'the Choir Infinite has her face and the minotaur's gift' . . . but they . . . but they . . . they said . . .

'Homo Ex Machina'."

And then, on the Moon of Earth, Azmuth dies.

And fades away, back into the fifth dimensional energy he was made of.

What do you do?
    Loki Avatar by Me

11. - Top - End - #701
    Troll in the Playground

Green Lantern

After the particles of unstable and fading matter dissolve in his hands and Azmuth is no more, Daniel knelt there for a moment on the debris-strewn floor with his head bowed. The little alien had been crushed to death in that maniac's heedless torrent of energy, broken into nothing leaving only a disjointed warning to remember him by. Daniel hadn't known Azmuth for more than an hour, and truth be told thought he had been pretty grumpy and unpleasant, but for the Green Lantern all life was precious. His fingers slowly curled into fists.

Rising from his kneeling position, Daniel advanced on Blackstar. The ring on his hand seemed to respond to the fury on his face, casting the entire room in a baleful green light as his heightened emotion added strength to his will. The ring buzzed like an angry hornet, leaking dangerously as he made it to the downed villain and raised his ring-hand as if he meant to strike him.

But Daniel couldn't finish him off, no matter how evil he was.

Green Lantern grabbed Blackstar by the front of his shirt with both hands and dragged the maniac to his feet. "Alright, you monster. Spill it or I'll let King Jake let you know just how much he appreciates you threatening his lady friend over there. What were you and the Supreme doing here with the Omnitrix? What was the endgame?" he demanded.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

DJ King & Mix Master Green

Blackstar spits blood in the Green Lantern's face but it just sizzles away on his force field

"I don't know the endgame.
    I just follow the plan as I learn it."
    Loki Avatar by Me

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ettin in the Playground

The Bird Victorious

Diego drops at near terminal velocity, swooping upwards and landing gracefully next to Lycan's already slowly reviving corpse. The first time he fought Lycan, he restricted himself to playing nice. Nowadays, he knows better.

"Geronimo, cabron." He puts a foot on the body, triumphant. "That's why you don't mess with my friends." He hoists the limp form onto his back, having a lot more difficulty without his flight to aid him, and staggers out of the alley towards the emergency services. He calls out to anyone listening.

"Don't worry, amigos, he's just an old dog playing dead. Err, really well. Try to keep him on his leash this time?" He grimaces as the strain of the weight forces a little more blood out of one of his wounds. "And, uh, does anyone have any gauze?"

14. - Top - End - #704
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Jake is actually not pro-capital punishment. But he has sort of proven he’s not above killing an enemy in battle. Jake stepped closer to Blackstar and he leveled Excalibur at the villain’s throat. Jake gazed upon him with that fury he’d exemplified in recent times.

“Make a move and you’ll die. Surrender fully, cooperate, and I'll let the justice system deal with you instead of my blade.”

Of course, this recent string of villain deaths lend credence to the first part, at least.

He could hear the exchange going on between the Green Lantern and --- whoever that alien was. But he kept his eyes on Blackstar. This was a villain who was out to harm Hope. Jake’s guard won’t drop.

Green Lantern joins him quickly, and the interrogation begins.

“Then what parts have you learned,” Jake said quietly… and as he spoke, his power started to creep towards the mind of Blackstar. It was hard to tell when Jake was using the voice in this way, for friend an enemy alike.

Spoiler
    Show
    Power check vs. his will save. (1d20+10)[28] I will use a HP if I mess it up.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #705

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

When Ashley finally realizes it, she look in horror at Kippymon's battered and beaten body. It's easy to click in what happened to her family, but the creature's explanation helped fill some holes in. Not that any of it helped to calm the utterly distraught and horrified Ashley. "S-Someone like ME? A clone or doppelganger? Where the hell would she have come from?! I-" She stops herself from continuing, realizing she's running off on emotions way too much. Ashley brings her hands down on the bed and leans forward with her head down. Her voice quietens. "...Damn it. I thought they were safe here in Camelot... I don't think this kidnapper could have been a clone or doppelganger; I can't simply float people." Ashley tries to think; could it have been Eve? She has electricity powers but she hasn't been seen in forever. Arroara was still in her cell earlier today. Whoever it was however, they pissed off the wrong hero.

A few moments later, Ashley looks up back at Kippymon. A sheer look of anger shown in her face, though not at the creature. "Are you in need of medical attention or are you fine on your own?" After Kippymon's answer, Ashley walks over to the room where Clark is, ready to speak with what is like a combination of anger and desperation.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-10-06 at 06:49 PM.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashley

Kippymon says he'll be fine but when Ashley exits the room and speaks to Clark she turns to see Clark unconscious on the floor . . .

He didn't even make a noise . . .

She looks across the room and sees a man she has never see before leaning back casually in her armchair, with a golden mask, white robes and holding in one hand a glass of wine . . . The Supreme.

"My my Miss Culdis, You've just been getting all the attention of late."

What do you do?

Jake & Daniel

Blackstar smirks

"What I've learned? What I learned is that I'm on the side of the angels this time and you're the bad guys. The Supreme said it himself, when this is all over you'll be the most hated man in the world. I got the file on you. You used to be evil just like . . ."

A feminine voice cuts him as the Queen of Blood floats down and lands on the debris nearby

"He wasn't."

Blackstar, realizing who has just appeared, stares slightly confused at the Queen

"What . . . ?"

Nonchalantly the Queen replies

"Evil? Mordred Pendragon, was naive, idealistic, a goodie two shoes but not evil. Seriously, you people read a wiki on a thousand years of Chinese whispers and you think you know it all. King Jake are you going to eviscerate this guy?"

Hope speaks up

"Jake won't execute a defeated . . ."

The Queen shakes her head

"Oh yeah, because the Alpha-Centurion is just taking a nap in Blackgate right now, right? So this guy can't beat Jake but he can kill a few dozen Farsiders and however many thousands of humans now the F.L.I. isn't around to patrol the whole globe but because Jake can kick his ass easily he's a no fly zone for execution . . . okay?"

Hope glares at the Queen

"Jake is too good a person to kill someone like this, period. That was the exception to the rule. It was a war."

The Queen steps forward and points at Hope annoyed

"No it was a battle in a much bigger war. You think you're the only ones the Supreme has sent his cronies after?! This man is as much an enemy combatant as the Alpha Centurion was, and you know it! Let him go and he will kill again, possibly someone you know but maybe you'll get lucky and he'll just kill some of the 'normals' you've never met!

And why haven't you just depowered him already then? Those bands of his run on Negative energy! Negative Energy that came from you! Yes, you! I'm the Sorceress Magnus, I knew exactly who and what you are the moment I saw you! Keep in mind I didn't immediately tell our nice Farsider hosts what you were the moment I saw you."

Hope takes a step back shocked as the Queen continues

"So what will it be King? A guilty conscience or dead innocents? What if the next time Blackstar gets free he destroys a city? Your a King, so what's more important, your people or sleeping easier?!"

What do you do?

Diego

A woman approaches with gauze as Harold stands nearby watching Diego gleefully from behind a police cordon. The woman wears a STAR squad uniform and appears to be made of metal. She smiles as she starts to help patch Diego up

"You're the Bird-boy from last week right? The one that knew my friends from Claremont who was about to do something stupid? I heard what you did when the city was going to crap. You'll a real hero. I'm Mercury by the way. I'm friends with some of the heroes on Jake's team, do you guys have a name yet? How was fighting Godzilla without super powers?"
    Loki Avatar by Me

17. - Top - End - #707
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Jake narrowed his eyes at Ellen. What game was she playing? Even though she tried to put him on the spot, Jake was in control of this situation, and he would behave accordingly.

“You’re interfering with my interrogation. Wait your turn.”

Jake turned back to Blackstar. Before he would even consider this issue, he was going to get all he could out of the villain. He narrowed his eyes at Blackstar and continued to exert his mental influence.

“Without excess commentary, detail to me everything that you know about the Supreme and his plans. Who is he, what has he done, what does he intend to do? How do you fit into it? Who else is working with him? How did the Farsiders disappear? I want to know everything, and you are going to tell me.”
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

Jake & Daniel

Blackstar responds against his will

"No one knows who the Supreme is, but he's only been around for about a year. He uses force to cow all other major super villains and criminal networks until they are under his command. I know he arranged the attack on Freedom City, and Camelot before that. I don't know what the goal of his plan is. Last time I landed on Earth he beat me within an inch of my life in an handful of seconds. All he had me doing before today was guarding a scientist alien here on the moon who was working on something he needed for his plan. All but the most powerful or minor villains now work directly or indirectly for the Supreme, though I know the Labyrinth and its members are still opposing him. I don't know what happened to the Farsiders.

The Supreme appears to be indestructible, immensely strong and fast among other powers I haven't seen from the sound of what I've heard from other villains."
    Loki Avatar by Me

19. - Top - End - #709

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Life begins to go from bad to worse to staring-death-point-blank for Ashley as she enters the living room and sees Clark out like a light. Her look is nothing short of horrified. Anyone who could have knocked out Clark like that would have to be immeasurably powerful, the likes of which she's barely seen.

...And right there is the man behind this entire disaster. The Supreme.

Immediately Ashley's face changes from horror to anger as she sees the foe casually relaxing. She is ready to draw an electrical knife out at him. Yet she keeps remembering not to put emotions before logic. With staggered breathing, she does her best to reply carefully. "And here I thought King Wallace was the star here..." She grunts quietly and grits her teeth before continuing. "What did you come here for? To gloat, make an offer, or to kill me? As another fool learned, the second choice is not an option." She always knows that an antagonist doesn't just come to a hero's house for fun. There was a reason behind this, just which one?
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-10-06 at 07:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashley

The Supreme smirks beneath his mask, not that Ashley can tell

"So should I kill your relatives now? Or . . . ? Because I could make the offer and then you could sign their death warrants? I doubt you'll agree but I suppose it's nice to have an offer on the table you refused that could have saved their life. You accept everyone gets what they want, you refuse you live with their deaths and what you could have done.

Or are we really going to skip the cliched deal making phase of this dialogue? If it will free up some pent up frustration I'll even let you hit me for a minute or two. You might wreck your apartment but at least then you might get the pent up aggression out of your system,"

He lifts up a wine bottle and offers it to Ashley

"Wonderful vintage I took from a Shadow Base in Southern France. You should try it, calm the nerves, excetera, though you don't seem like the kick back and relax kind of girl to me. More the 'electrocute first and awkwardly ask questions later' kind of girl.

You're a very particular niche product."
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-10-06 at 07:20 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

21. - Top - End - #711
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

He listened to the information given. It appeared, so far, that the Supreme controlled all villains save for the Labrynth… or he was well on his way to, anyhow. And he was immensely powerful; moreso than the Alpha Centurion. Still, Jake had never found something that Excalibur couldn’t cut… and everything has a weakness of some sort.

“That’s not all you know. Where are his bases? What has he been trying to do to me and Camelot? You said he had a file… what was in the file? I told you to tell me everything. Leave… no… detail… unspoken.”
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #712

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Ashley could not believe this guy. Not only was he being utterly relaxed but he was deliberately letting her attack him. Not even Sorrow had this sort of confidence. Right off the bat she covers her eyes with her hand once the bottle is passed to her. "I'll pass," she bluntly says. She wasn't going to really take his mocking very personally, though anything he says about her family is definitely angering her. It's not the first time a villain has mocked her before. "You are offering me to attack you; I think that's a clear sign that I'm not going to do anything of worth. I'll pent my rage out later." She looks down again at Clark. If this was back when she was in Claremont, Ashley would be utterly terrified and probably trying to let out her aggression to no avail.

Instead she stomachs up the courage to look at The Supreme. "I'm gonna ask a question instead." She crushes her anger for a moment as she asks steadfastly, "Which of your hired goons kidnapped my family?" She'll ask the big, probably unanswerable questions later. Right now her family is what mattered, though she probably isn't going to see them anytime soon.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ettin in the Playground

Hawk and Dove

Diego gives Harold a subtle wave, grimacing. He'd have to deal with that, in time. He's gotten out of more definitive examples of his identity before, though not without super-villain copycats or alien parasites running around... He lets his muscles relax a bit as his wounds are tended to. He'd gotten used to scars and broken bones by now, but they still hurt like hell. And who's this, another super? Brilliant. Time to turn on the tried and true Peregrine chatter.

"That what they're calling me now, huh?" He lets out a snort. "Doesn't have quite a ring to it." He reflects on his actions of the week prior. He'd done something stupid, he supposes, but at least it was proactive. And hey, no one got hurt that wouldn't have already, in fact, if he hadn't gone to meet Prometheus, he wouldn't have been there to distract Godzilla, and who knows could have been killed?

"Oh, you know el Tauro and Sparky and them? I ain't seen them in a while, actually. Been busy with my up and coming dog walking business, as you can see." He shrugs, "And are we a team? I just thought it was, like, a 'fate has thrown you together' kinda deal, si? I don't-ack! Oww!" He recoils as disinfectant is applied to the wound. "ssss, ouch, but, yeah, Godzilla wasn't too tough. I let those other two take him on, give the poor reptile a chance." He smirks. "Let them with cold blood deck it out, leave us endotherms to the real challenges."

24. - Top - End - #714
    Troll in the Playground

Green Lantern

"Azmuth said...ask him about the choir infinite and 'Homo ex Machina.'" Daniel suggested. While the King was performing his interrogation, the Green Lantern listened intently, trying to soak up any detail that would help him stop this "Supreme" guy. He had a feeling that he wouldn't be able to patrol the rest of the sector muh until this matter had been resolved.

...Leave it to Earth to come up with all the really bad guys.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #715
    Bugbear in the Playground

Len Cope

Len spots the iPad in the audience. "Hold on a second folks." he says, and hops off the stage. He reaches out his hand to take the tablet. "Sorry, can I see that for a moment?" he watches the newscast and his expression becomes serious. When he's seen enough he hands the iPad back and climbs back on stage. "I'm sorry but I'm going to have to cut this interview short for now. A situation has come up that requires our assistance."

He turns back to his assembled team. "Green Man has regrown Wharton State Forest, and is attempting to secede from the US."

He turns to Minerva (I think she's the teleporter?). "I want you to port us to the border of the forest." he says, and turns to look to the rest of the team. "Everyone else, we will attempt diplomacy first - no hostilities have been initiated, and under no circumstances are we to attack first. Hopefully we can end this without violence."

"Let's go!"
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

26. - Top - End - #716
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Late to the Party

Robert Asterion trudges through the arctic snow towards his goal. There it is, the Sanctum. After a week of searching, he was here. Without help from AEGIS or the FLI, with own resources. His birthright.

Or so he had thought, before he found that his real genetic father was...

In any case. No one else clearly had chosen to properly guard the thing. The once home of Earth's Greatest Hero, now a solemn and solitary memorial, had been perverted by Timelock, and then the Supreme.

Now it would be Robert's. To protect and honor. For the short time he was still around.

He enters the Sanctum, his bullhead looking up in awe and appreciation at as light streams through the crystalline ice ceiling. Roman columns rise up to support the ceiling, arching up to bear the weight. Centurion-shaped robots stand solemnly in rows along each end of the halls, sleeping and waiting.

He was here.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashley

The Supreme feigns offence

"Oh you wound me!

Also you presume I ordered them taken. What have I ever done to you? Oh. . . yeah, indirectly placing you in lethal danger and attempted assassinations of your friends. Though I have to say that the Crime Syndicate ran with their modus operandi, you rarely see that kind of gun ho job dedication now a days.

What is important is that I can get your family members back to you, unharmed. The whos, and whys aren't really the significant factor here, the significant factor is whether someone will be checking your cousin and aunt for organ donor cards in the next twenty four hours.

So the offer is this. Two acts for two loved ones. You do one, you get one. You get the second one when you complete the second objective. First . . ."

the Supreme draws a flash drive from under his sleeve and places it on the table as he takes another sip of his wine

"You give this flash drive to the King. It's got the operating specs. for the U.S. government's last resort in regards Camelot; they're codenamed 'Big Mondays' and Camelot should be able to remotely deactivate them. You can figure out how to justify having it, just you can't say it's from me. Just tell him 'she showed you what one of these can do'. He'll understand,"

he leans back placing down his wine and clasps his hands together

"Now that my powerful friend is the easier part but part two is equally simple to describe.

I want you to kill Prometheus."

Daniel & Jake

Blackstar blurts out a hurried reply in response to Jake's magic urgings

"Only base I was ever shown was this one. The file detailed everything he has on you. Your Claremont file and everything he knows about you since as well as what he's dredged up about Mordred. I don't remember much of it off the top of my head. I know he arranged the attack on Camelot and I thought it was meant to kill you but he didn't seem surprised at all when it failed."

once the Green Lantern speaks he perks up

"He's building something. I don't know what it is but I know that those are two components of whatever the hell it is that he is building!"

Len

With a nod Minerva throws off her coat and touches the doors inked onto her abdomen. A moment later the doors expand and appear before the conference. A pair of large wooden doors hang before you all. Minerva throws them open and lets Sauros through first with a wave and a serious nod as the crowd of Reporters break into a frenzy. A moment later the others follow led by Minerva and Night.

Standing a moment later before the park it does appear fully restored. Otaku is the first to speak

"Anyone else get a really bad feeling about this?"

Jill adds

"You just had to say it. For someone who essentially labels themselves Doctor Nerd you are alarmingly non-genre savvy."

With a serene and serious tone Night turns to Sauros and asks

"What's the plan here, Chief?"

At that a half dozen. . . Dryads? Living wooden women? March out of Wharton State park towards the heroes. The one leading the group is the only one that appears to be in bloom, covered in small blue flowers, and she speaks with a stern and almost annoyed tone

"Interlopers are not welcome within the borders of our nation humans."

What do you do?

Diego

Mercury smiles as she listens to Diego's bravado

"You remind me of someone I used to know at Claremont . . . Actually if you ask me you should consider enrolling. I know people are saying it has shut down but that's just because the principal has gone AWOL looking for her daughter, who could blame her right? And there's only about 20 or so of near three hundred students who want to stay but they could use someone like you, pardon the word choice, to keep them grounded. A hero with real experience but no powers, the exact antipathy of most of the students who go in there.

I mean you can't expect to live very long . . ."

she stares up at the sky

". . . up there. Maybe I see things differently because I'm with STAR squad now but . . . that's not a world you want to jump into. Claremont could be good for you . . ."

Robert

Robert steps slowly through the crystalline construct, searching for every tiny fragment of the history he had just stepped into, alone in the mammoth structure.

At least, that is what he assumed.

Finally he found a massive domed shaped room with a great pit below and only a walk way leading to a console at its center which appeared to be made of a bed of crystals. The crystals glowed as he entered, filling the room with almost blinding white illumination. Finally he stood before the console and anticipation filled him . . . then . . .

nothing.

The light ebbed away until the room was no brighter than the others, he looked down the corridor and the only change he was a faint light in the Centurion Bots' eyes. 'There has to be more . . .' he thought as he felt something rest on his shoulder. Instinctively he turned suddenly and his eyes grew wide in shock.

Mark Leeds in his prime stood before him, his hand resting on Robert's shoulder, in civilian clothing. He spoke

"Welcome Home Robert,"

Mark Leeds smiles.
    Loki Avatar by Me

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

There was one last thing Jake wanted to know…

“Does the Supreme have any plans regarding London?”
    He waited for the answer, and then made his decision regarding how to deal with Blackstar.

“Give me your nega bands,” he commanded. Leaving the villain with any powers was simply going to be a non-starter. Jake eyed him. He’d be lying if he said he wasn’t tempted by Ellen’s words… but there was a difference between killing in war and killing a prisoner.

“You will be taken into custody by the Farsiders. You attacked their city. We are in their lands. You will be dealt with by their laws. If you harm someone else, or come for Hope again, I will hunt you down like the dog you are.”

He looked up to Daniel, a silent nod of thanks... and he prepared for another tirade by the Queen of Blood.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #719
    Bugbear in the Playground

Len Cope

Len looks back at his team and tries to reassure them. It was what a leader should do, after all. "Don't worry guys. We are just going to talk to them. Let's not give them any reason to start a fight.

He turns to face the dryads. Len takes a few cautious steps towards them with his hands held open in a gesture to show he meant no harm. He tries to shake off their annoyed tone, and greets them in a friendly way. "Greetings, I am known as Sauros. I'm the newly appointed leader of the Freedom League and I am here to open up talks with the Green Man, who I am told is responsible for bringing the forest back to life."

"I am not here to fight you or do anything other than talk. If you would kindly allow myself and my team entrance into the forest, it would be much appreciated."
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

30. - Top - End - #720

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Ashley loudly curses under her breath as her hands curl into fists. These are simple, but very tall orders she was given. She knows where this will lead to as well. Shutting down the US's last resort sounds like a good idea on paper; if the US realizes that their last resort is shut down however, relations will stagger greatly at best. The order to kill Prometheus is even worse. Ashley asked for his release to keep things in order. His death from a metahuman, especially a former FLI member like Ashley, would be catastrophic. Ashley could guess The Supreme's plan; spark anarchy and war among America and bring Camelot into the mess. If the Supreme has such a syndicate as Ashley imagines, taking the country will be a simple task afterward. If global dominance is what he wants, he's doing a very good job so far.

Yet Ashley cannot simply reject the offer, not while her family is held hostage. For a moment she tries to imagine what Isiah would do... She realizes it'd be easy for him; sacrifice the few to save the many. He never had someone close enough to put him in such a situation. Ashley knows the right idea is to refuse both offers but the simple thought of it sickens her. And yet something felt off. Two loved ones were offered back but Danielle, Marcia, and Sarah were all taken. Whether The Supreme is intentionally holding onto one or really doesn't know is unknown to Ashley.

She pauses for a good ten seconds after the offer is given. Clearly angry and trying to avoid outbursting, Ashley turns away from The Supreme as she bluntly asks, "And here I told myself I wasn't open to offers..." She still remembers the offer Sorrow gave her. Considering him and the dream she had a week ago, she now realizes she's going to be using it. Here however is not the time as tempting as it is. She gives off a verbal "Tch," as she realizes she has to at least consider this one. "...Leave the flash disc here and get out. I'll... Consider your damn offer."
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-10-10 at 05:15 PM.