New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: RaynnVerse: The Revolution IC

Diego Torres
    "The Sixth Ranger"

Peregrine lets out a chuckle as Ashley points to the South, and holds back further laughter as he shakes her hand. Careful not to pinch any skin between the hydraulic mechanisms of the talons. He releases. "A bit of a flair for the melodramatic, huh chicka?" He says, raised eyebrow mostly hidden behind the opaque helmet. "Pretty sure this escandalo ain't a huge fork in the road between diametrically opposed fates, amiga. Not enough musical stings." He cricks his neck and stares out to Camelot, eyes peeled for anyone he can help.

He looks back at Ashley, keeping his body turned towards the city. "But you got my interest piqued, esse. And if I can help stop a threat to my city, I will." He smirks broadly. "So long as it don't keep me up too late. Tomorrow's a school day."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

Ashley couldn't help but smirk quietly at Peregrine's response, keeping her face as it was before. "Believe me, melodrama comes to us whether we like it or not. It's been like that since we were your age." She firmly grips his hand and shakes it. "Welcome to the group Peregrine. Later I will fill you in on everything that I've figured out so far and I'm sure the others will have something they want to add in as well."

Ashley let's go of his hand as she looks to Faith for a moment, then back at Peregrine. "By the way, no need of keeping our identities a secret among each other; the 5 of us have been classmates before." She points a thumb to herself, "I'm Olympus Technologies expert, Ashley Culdis," and then at each of her friends. "And that's King Jake Wallace of Camelot, his first knight Len Cope, AEGIS agent Faith Winters, and Robert Asterion. You can meet them at your own pace once we've got this place cleaned up."

With that, Ashley waves farewell as she searches around Camelot, teleporting injured civilians to the nearest hospital, portal, or ambulance there is in Camelot. Along the way she gets a moment to chat with her old friend Faith. The German is very relieved to see her old classmate again. "Agent Winters now? Considering you, I can't say I'm not surprised that you got in with AEGIS. I couldn't find you or Robert before I came to Camelot; how did you two meet and then end up here?"
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-26 at 04:36 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Pregrine chuckles again. "Then let the melodrama come, chicka. Don't need to force nada." A brief frown crosses his face when Ashley mentions names. "Si, and I'm Peregrine." He nods. "Nice to meet you." He stares after her as she walks away and shrugs, before bending his knees and launching himself into the air.

He hovers there for a moment, much more comfortable in the sky, before floating over to the nearest hero. He hangs above Robert as he helps the citizens of Camelot, casting a bird-like shadow in the pale moonlight. "So what's the deal, El Tauro?" He cocks his head, stretching out horizontally over Robert. "Why'd you throw yourself on Little Miss Voltage like that? Could have gotten yourself killed, esse."
    Last edited by Phase; 2012-07-26 at 05:48 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

The A.E.G.I.S. relief staff poured onto the island as the Helicarrier forced itself to land in the bay for repairs.

The battle is all but over.

The day is won.

Spoiler
    Show
    You guys say when you're ready and I'll close off the issue. 2 PP to everyone. Hope you enjoyed it
    Loki Avatar by Me

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Faith Winters
    The Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    With that, Ashley waves farewell as she searches around Camelot, teleporting injured civilians to the nearest hospital, portal, or ambulance there is in Camelot. Along the way she gets a moment to chat with her old friend Faith. The German is very relieved to see her old classmate again. "Agent Winters now? Considering you, I can't say I'm not surprised that you got in with AEGIS. I couldn't find you or Robert before I came to Camelot; how did you two meet and then end up here?"
    Faith was actually helping to organize the AEGIS relief effort, arguing with a very emphatic wizard-looking fellow about where to place the hospital tents. At Ashley's appearance, however, she shushed him and waved him away so that she could talk. He looked particular peaked by the action, his beard spiking up like an angry hedgehog, before storming away. Faith wiped her neck and sighed. "Hey, Lightbulb!" she smiled tiredly. "Yeah, they recruited me right out of Claremont, can you believe it?"

"Oh, but Robert and I? Funny story, he just sort of showed up while I was getting molested by Ragnarok earlier. Made a big damn hero out of himself, too." she winked. "I think Ragnarok was trying to kidnap me or something, but you should know...when Cowboy intervened he stuck him with some sort of needle. I don't know whether he injected something or drew blood, but he up and left right after that." she said quietly, filling Ashley in on all the details concerning her high-school flame.

She put a hand on Ashley's shoulder, switching subjects slightly. "Hey, we should coordinate some sort of meeting between AEGIS and the FLI, which I know you're on good terms with, to talk about whast I found in Night's aparment before...before everything went up in flames, I mean..."
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

6. - Top - End - #156

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

Ashley helps around with moving people to safety as she talks with Faith. Being recruited by AEGIS right out of the gate is something but not so much for someone like her. "Oh, I believe you," Ashley responds in a slightly dull and sarcastic, but friendly, tone. "After everything that happened in Claremont, I think I can believe anything you tell me that you may have accomplished." She chuckles for a moment, glad to see that Faith has gotten over everything that has happened all those years ago.

Ashley then starts to speak in a more analytical manner. "So you were attacked by Ragnarok and Robert came to assist you? Fits in well with that I learned." The info about the needle made Ashley curious. "So Ragnarok wanted a sample of Robert's blood and DNA and just took off right after? Not quite the action someone as thick-headed as he would usually do." So many questions that hide under what seems to be a simple, if highly dangerous syndicate.

Ashley does her best to hide her shock as Faith mentions about the FLI. Her reply is both sarcastic and a little suspicious. "...How much info does AEGIS have on me?" Her mood immediately shifts back however as she speaks casually again to her old friend. "Actually, it probably doesn't matter. I've been an expert at Olympus Technologies since I graduated but I am also a member of the FLI for almost as long. I'll see about getting a meeting set with Jake, AEGIS, and the FLI about this. There will be a lot of information to juggle around the round table."

When Faith mentions about Night, Ashley grabs the agent's arm lightly and moves it away from her shoulder. "...I don't know what to say about Night," she responds in a sympathetic tone. She does her best to fight back tears about the deceased classmate. "We should keep away from Len about that subject. He had... A great interest in her and he doesn't seem to be in the best of moods right now." Ashley looks at Len from across the distance. "I may have a lead on who killed Night. She hasn't the only casualty today."

Ashley pauses as she looks at the ground of Camelot. One day has passed and everything has gone to hell in a hurry. She is sure that it's only going to get worse from here. "I don't like this one bit," Ashley says, barely hiding her aggression towards the day's events. She looks up to Faith with determination in her eyes. Ashley knew she isn't in a position to make demands but any time they had to relax is now gone.

"As a member of the FLI, I ask that you get AEGIS' officials here. We meet at the round table at daybreak."
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-27 at 03:11 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    He hovers there for a moment, much more comfortable in the sky, before floating over to the nearest hero. He hangs above Robert as he helps the citizens of Camelot, casting a bird-like shadow in the pale moonlight. "So what's the deal, El Tauro?" He cocks his head, stretching out horizontally over Robert. "Why'd you throw yourself on Little Miss Voltage like that? Could have gotten yourself killed, esse."
    Robert looks up as he is bandaging a wounded knight. He frowns and then turns to look at Ashley talking to Faith.

“It seemed like a good idea at the time.”

He goes back to his work.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

And So Ends The Day, Friends Lost And Battles Won, But The War Has Not Even Begun . . .

Elsewhere, Forces Most Mighty Conspire . . .

There is a throne, forged of adamantine, in a former S.H.A.D.O.W. base, near the heart of the world, on which once sat OverShadow.

On which the Supreme now sits. When they lead Morgana into the room she is visibly shaken but she tries to hide it. Flanking her are former S.H.A.D.O.W. agents who still wear the garb of their parent orginization.

When Morgana is pushed into the meeting room she restrains a sneer at the nearest agent and glances about at the nordic symbolism left behind by S.H.A.D.O.W.'s occupation of the base. The Supreme doesn't move a micron as the powerful witch comes to stand a few feet before him and it is only when she has been there waiting a few moments that he turns his head slowly to stare at her through his face plate, man, machine or alien, in his armour no one could tell what the Supreme truly was
    . . . other than powerful.

"You Failed Me."

Morgana visibly shudders as her master barely seems more than bored. Than he rises from his throne, eight foot tall and towering over the girl that Jake called Molly. Never more the girl and less the witch than this moment.

"Things didn't go to plan it's not my fault, the others. . . "

He cuts her off

"The Others Will Be Questioned In Turn. I Am Aware The Plan Failed. I Knew Who Would Aid The King In His Hour Of Need And I Took Steps To Eliminate Them, But It Was Always Going To be A Close Won Game. What I Would Like To Know Is Who Returned Mr. Asterion To The Board. We Would Have Eliminated The Agent If He Had Not Intervened, Meaning No AEGIS Liaison Meaning No AEGIS Support For The King. Robert Asterion And Faith Winters Were Enough To Turn The Tide."

Morgana seems confused at this

"But You Needed Robert's Blood Sample To Open The Zero Room And Release The Alpha Centurion? If You Didn't Plan On Him Returning How Did You Plan On Releasing The Alpha Centurion?"

The Surpreme's reply is in monotone

"I Knew Where He Was. I Could Find Him. You Can Teleport. I Would Have Sent You After Him For The Blood Wherever He Was. He Wouldn't Have Been Able To Intervene In Time."

Morgana realising she wasn't about to be vaporised spoke up

"But we've played our hand, our trump card. How are we meant to destroy Camelot Now?!"

The Supreme seemed almost amused by that comment

"My Dear. We Have Not Even Begun. We Have Not Even Begun. . ."

He slowly walks towards the edge of the chamber and places his hand on the glass of a stasis pod. He wipes away the condensation and looks in at Anna Asterion, then along the row to heroes and villains such as The Blitz II, The Human Spirit and Magic Jill.

"This Is Merely The Dawn, And The Night Is Coming."

- The End of The Revolution Issue #1 -

Spoiler
    Show
    Will post the beginning of the next issue a.s.a.p.
    Loki Avatar by Me

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

The Raynn-Verse:

'Some Dreams Never Die'

The Revolution Issue #2

"In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, because it prolongs the torments of man," -FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE

An Emergency Tent, Camelot . . .

"Sorry I took so long. An issue came up with some extradimensional visitors that I had to deal with,"

He takes a seat next to the woman but she doesn't seem to react

"Is this about today with Red One? I'm sorry about being all formal but we agreed we keep this low key around the F.L.I.,"

Rycon cuts Isiah off while sitting down on the makeshift cot

"I know Isiah. I am aware of the rules of the FLI. But it's about what happened after, we..."
    Isiah immediately kneels in front of her seemingly checking to make sure she isn't still injured

"What happened? Are you...?"

Ashley cuts him off again.

"I'm fine. I look like a mess, but Jake healed us up... However a lot of us almost died to the Alpha Centurion. We managed to survive at least... Jake killed the Alpha Centurion before we could get anything out of him. He named someone called The Supreme right before he died. You have dossiers on him, right?"

Isiah shakes his head worriedly. Ashley gives a small sigh of worry.

"What about Alpha Centurion? How did SHADOW and Labyrinth get his DNA for Robert and Clark?"

Isiah turns away for a brief moment. He didn't know...

"I'm going to call a meeting between A.E.G.I.S., The F.L.I. and Camelot so we can put the pieces together about what happened. I want Red One to be there. I know don't have clearance for something like this but I need your support in this. Can you represent the F.L.I.?"

Isiah Shakes his head again

"I can't. I promised some people a lift and I think Doctor Dire and the FLA are back from their mission on Mars anyway. Doctor Dire will probably want to see to this personally. It's kind of her way of doing things when she's not away on missions."

Ashley nods.

"Alright. I hope Centurion II can come as well."

She then remains silent, making Isiah even more worried.

"Don't worry. I bet this will all be over with soon. I mean we captured a few of the syndicate members right?"

He stands and pulls Ashley to her feet before a quick kiss. Ashley looks genuinly surprised before seeing Isiah suddenly appearing at the entrance of the tent.

"You'll see, everyone will argue for a while. Then we'll do a big team up and a week from today Camelot will be back to normal and this 'The Supreme' will be ancient history. We'll take a day off to celebrate. I want to know what those are like. I know this one reality where the whole surface of the earth is crystal that sings when the wind flows through its microfissures. It's beautiful you'll love it!"

With that he steps out of the tent disappearing on the other side.

Ashley falls back on the cot exhausted and worried. Then she feels another like peck on her forehead and hears a Isiah saying

"Cheer up,"

but when she looks he's gone.

"Isiah..."

Ashley whispers to the air.

"We both know that this won't be over anytime soon..."

Camelot, The Round Table Chamber. . .

It is the dawn of a new day. Camelot remains floating over the bay of Liberty City but some ruins still smoke from the epic battle fought in its streets last night. Now it is time for A.E.G.I.S., The F.L.I. and Camelot to come together to discuss what happened and decide on a mutually agreed step forward from this crisis.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll let Jake describe the room, and decide which Camelot NPCs, including Hope, that he brought. Doctor Dire and any other FLIers save Rycon will arrive later. Any AEGIS personnel will arrive with Kismet, and she can decide whether she represents A.E.G.I.S. or if she brought the director. Rycon can decide if she brought Red One with her or if he arrives later. After SuperCracker as posted you may enter the room as you please. The Peregrine is most likely entering with Robert or Ashley since he was involved in the battle last night
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-07-27 at 05:12 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

The Round Table. If you were to compare the castle of Camelot to the White House, the throne room would be a mix between the Rose Garden and the Press Room, and the Round Table would be the Oval Office itself. It is here that the real executive decisions are discussed and finalized. Few people, other than foreign dignitaries and actual members of the Round Table were ever allowed entrance to this sacred place.

The Round Table is a large, circular table. The wood on top is a warm oak, and the supports are made from marble. There are small indentations where swords are to be placed, each pointing towards the center of the table.

The walls are made of marble as well. The ceiling is high. Light comes not from torches, but from electrical lights placed about. Each seat at the table has a touch-screen monitor. There is also a projection system set up, but it is currently not in use. On the walls are tapestries, depicting ancient times and brave men.

There is no special insignia indicating where the King is to sit. That’s for a reason. The Round Table is round because no one man sits at the head of it—in theory, anyway.

Assembled are the knights themselves. Lance Kilner, better known as Lance Steel (the celebrity adventurer) is present, as are Merlin, Galahad, and Allen Lao (a civil rights attorney who is the reincarnated Sir Gawain). The rest are currently busy attending to the business of the cleanup efforts.

Not seated at the Round Table, but present is Hope, seated with the other attendants other parties may have brought.

The King himself stands at the table, Excalibur inserted into its space, nearly lightning the room on its own. Jake is wearing now a purple button-down shirt, a golden tie, and his blue cape. And don't forget the crown, a small golden crown around his brow. He is meeting dignitaries after-all.

First, the preliminary matters. “By my authority, this meeting of the Round Table will now be called to order. May you approach this table with wisdom, bravery, and compassion.” The knights then sat down.

“Ladies and gentlemen of AEGIS and the Freedom League, thank you for your aid in these troubled times. My sympathies go out to any agents who were lost in the battle, and you have our heartfelt appreciation.”

He looked at each person who was present.

“I wish I could tell you that this was over. But it’s not. Not only must we move forward with repairing the damage, but our enemies are still out there. The Alpha Centurion worked at the behest of someone known as ‘The Supreme.’ And while Camelot may be his first target, it is in all of our interests to stop this threat. To do that, we need to share intelligence and be proactive. We cannot simply sit and wait for him to attack again.”

A pause.

“I invite you all to be candid, and to share your thoughts on the matter.”
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-07-27 at 05:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

The Round Table's renowned craftsmanship does not go understated when Ashley lays her eyes on it. She has never seen such a well crafted table before, even at the Lighthouse. The idea of the Round Table is fascinating to Ashley. The other knights there are new to her. She felt like an odd-one out being the main representative of the FLI with Red One here at the moment; though Doctor Dire I and Centurion II will be coming later.

When King Jake asks for thoughts, Rycon stands up. Though she is not experienced in formal speeches, she has some ideas as to how it would work. "I am Rycon, representative of the Freedom League International. I wish to speak of events from yesterday that tie in with the attack from last night." She pauses for a moment. Somehow she knows that this will end in an outrage of an argument but she has to tell the truth.

"Yesterday around 3 PM, I was attacked at Liberty Park by a formorrian princess known as Arroara. She took upon the name 'Blitz III' and tried to kill me. During the fight, she spoke of information that I now share with you. Arroara was coordinating with other supervillains as part of a new crime syndicate in an attempt to kill myself, Robert Asterion, Agent Winters, First Knight Len, and his Majesty, King Jake Wallace. In accomplishing that, the syndicate would have brought down Camelot with their vanguard, Alpha Centurion." She holds off from speaking about Alpha Centurion being father to Robert and Clark. Such knowledge wouldn't be needed here. "I fought off Arroara while Robert Asterion and Agent Winters fought off Ragnarok. Some time later, Morgana and Cerebus Rex attacked Camelot and thanks to their plan failing, we managed to fight off the syndicate and kill Alpha Centurion."

Rycon gives a moment to pause to think of what to say next. She has never quite given this long a speech to this many people before. "What we do know yet is why Camelot is targeted, or what their goal is past personal issues with us. Is there anyone who would like to add in with this info?"
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-28 at 02:06 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

It is at that moment that the entourage of the F.L.I. decide to enter, perhaps with an intention to be fashionably late. Doctor Dire I enters and sits with a word, flanked by the Centurion II and Red One, who both offer a nod in Jake's direction. Red One does not remove his helmet as he sits.

"Dire had personally reviewed the files of those villains involved in the attack and found that for the vast majority they had not worked together before last night. The Alpha Centurion was most likely only just released and was merely repaying the debt owed to whoever released him. How he was released though still elludes Dire.

The Zero Room is located in the Centurion's Sanctum, which is currently in lockdown by order of the F.L.I., also access to the Zero Room gateway required genetic material from the Centurion, and it could only be opened from the outside so it could not have been opened by the Alpha Centurion.

This feat, combined with the cooperation of such disparate and powerful villains, leads Dire to support the theory that this 'The Supreme' exists, but even the F.L.I. has no records of such a named villain even existing.

Dire does not know how we should react just yet. According to the report you gave Dire, King, you were sent to a SHADOW facility by Morgana. It is possible that be searching for remnants of SHADOW we could find the Supreme but that would be an arduous method of searching for him and likely fruitless.

How do any of you believe we should procede?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Len, Robert, Faith & Diego suddenly die or something?
    Loki Avatar by Me

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Jake watches Dire as she enters and speaks. While he wouldn’t say it here openly (out of a desire to keep this meeting from erupting into accusations and anger), he felt that a share of the blame for the Alpha Centurion rested on their shoulders. Allowing it to live and somehow dropping the ball on how it got released.

Jake pushed the anger from his thoughts. “Dr. Dire,” someone he used to see regularly at school, “I know that Morgana and Cerebrus Rex have worked together before against us. But it does seem that the Supreme has drawn in others.”

He swipes a few times on his touch screen, and a holographic projection in the center of the Round Table comes up with the pictures of the villains.

“We know Morgan, Rex, Ragnarok, and this new Blitz.” He tags the picture of Baron Samedi. “This is the only one of them that I don’t recognize.”

“The Supreme chose people that hated me, my First Knight, and my other classmates for personal reasons. I’m not sure how he fits into the picture, yet.”

As for how to proceed.

“You’re right. Running down all Shadow bases would be a crapshoot. I think we should begin by finding out how they infiltrated the Sanctum. How exactly is it locked down? Who stands guard over the location? Is it teleport proof?” There were two options for the most part. Genuine infiltration, perhaps through Rex and his portal abilities, or an inside job.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-07-29 at 03:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Diego Torres

Diego runs down the shining hall, past his locker and the hundreds of others, identical. His sneakers squeak on the linoleum flooring as he looks at his watch. "Latelatelatelatelate!" He mutters, paper clutched in his left hand fluttering in the artificial breeze. He eventually skids to a halt in front of room 125, catching himself from falling and bursting in through the closed door.

"SORRYI'MLATEPROFESSORIHAVEANOTETHA-" He freezes, paper brandished in the air. All the eyes of the students in the room were trained on him, some snickering, some rolling their eyes. Professor Lin pushes him with one hand out the door. "Finish the reading on your own in the next few minutes, class." As the two leave the room, Diego can hear his classmates muttering behind them. "Man, the Geek's got no-" The door closes before Diego can hear exactly what Tom Flashson thinks he doesn't have any of, and Professor Lin put a hand on his shoulder.

"This is the fifth time you're late this month, Diego. Care to explain yourself?" Diego grimaces and looks at the floor. "It was another long night worki-" "Another long night working, professor." The professor finishes, head in his hand. "Look, Diego, you have so much potential! I've seen your test scores, you've got a great head on your shoulders! But you can't just..." He looks down at the sheet clutched in Diego's hand. "What's that, then." Diego looks down, bewildered, before remembering what he has left to do. "Oh, shoot, yeah, uh..." He hands the sheet to Professor Lin. "Absence excuse. Some, err, big science program for kids like me."

The professor reads through quickly, muttering along with the words. He looks up. "Youth Science Program?" He asks, suspicious. He looks down again. "If it were anyone else, Diego, I'd suspect foul play..." He looks back up at Diego. "But I'm honestly just glad you have an excuse for this sudden disappearance." He sighs. "We'll be covering methods of Homeostasis in Birds and Mammals today, so read up on that tonight. I'll tell your other teachers..." Diego smiles and nods, beginning to walk away backwards. "Gracias professor! Thanks for everything!" He turns and runs down the hallway. "...'Bullman Institute of Science'...?" He shrugs and re-enters the classroom.

Diego runs outside and into a back alley behind the Cafeteria where he knows there's a security blind spot. He fishes a helmet out of his backpack and fits it on his head. A collapsible pair of talons, one on each hand, and finally what looks like a smaller backpack itself, slid onto his torso. Diego presses a button on the harness, bends his knees, and takes off into the air. At 1000 feet above the city, he presses another button, and two rigid wings pop up on either side. He freefalls for a moment, before accelerating so quickly the city can hear a familiar sonic boom. "Whoooooo hooooo!"

A minute later, across town, Diego lands in front of a Deli on ninth and Madison. He leans against the building, evidently waiting for something.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Robert Asterion, the Heir Apparent

Not too long ago...

Robert Asterion steps out of the deli, a paper bag under his arm. He looks around and spots the man with the metal wings leaning up against the building.

He walks over to him. "Afternoon, friend," he greets before switching his watch. Where once stood a big blonde man in a tweedjacket now stands.. a big minotaur in a tweed jacket. "Eager for a day of SCIENCE?"

Robert lets himself grin a little. Despite the weightiness of what he was about to step into, he was looking forward to the time after he was going to spend in a lab, mentoring the young hero.

He looks at his watch again. "Now, if Isiah remembered the time correctly it should be here about..."

A portal opens right before the pair. "...now"

The minotaur begins to take a step through the portal before turning around and looking at El Peregrino. "You ready for this?"

---

Later, at the Round Table

Robert sits in his seat, stroking his chin as Doctor Dire speaks. He occasionally glances back at Peregrine. As far as the kid knew, he was just along to get a taste of the wider world of superheroics while waiting for Robert to finish before being mentored by the big bull.

But the minotaur had another motive. the last three years spent on the ground, aiding the impoverished, the hungry, the sick, and the powerless had taught him that when the grand clockwork of big events turned, the little people often got left behind. It was his hope that a street based hero like Peregrine could lend a more grounded perspective on things and bring down to earth decisions made in the castle in the sky.

Ask Jake finishes, Robert speaks up. "If I may. The Sanctum is regularly guarded by the Centuritron Robots. You may recall fighting an alternate universe version of these five years ago when we fought the Vampire Centurion of another universe.

Their security is not infallible, however, and this is not the first time the Sanctum has been infiltrated."

He clicks on the holographic display and up pops the images of an old "friend".

Five years ago, also, the Sanctum was taken over by Michael Kreeg, also known as Timelock, as the base of operations for his plans. Most of us remember that year quite keenly, so I'll spare us the irrelevant details. What is relevant was that Timelock was able to access the Zero Room and release Kal-Zed, an Ultiman also known as Ubermensch in his time as a Nazi superweapon and Superior thereafter."

Robert looks cooly across the room "The resemblance in the names is not lost on me either.

He continues. "If the Centurion's genetic signature was needed to access the Zero Room, then it is likely that Kreeg utilized the abilities of one Jennifer Winters, also known as Jenny Omega, to duplicate the genetic structures of the current Centurion or myself.

He glances at Faith before continuing.

"While this method is no longer available, it does bring to mind what was done to the Sanctum after the Harbingers were defeated, if anything. Perhaps our FLI delegation could enlighten us...

In any case, Supreme's method of accessing the Zero Room to release Alpha Centurion from the Zero Zone more likely has to do with the encounter Faith Winters and I had with Ragnarok before the Battle of Camelot, as the news media is calling it. During this battle, Ragnarok stuck me with a syringe before flying away. Analysis afterward showed that there was nothing detectable injected into my system, indicating that instead a blood sample was taken. It was this that they likely used to access the Zero Room and release Alpha Centurion.

He strokes his chin. "Another thing. When I appeared to aid Faith against Ragnarok, Ragnarok seemed surprised to see me, indicating it was Morgana who was supposed to take care of me. And, indeed, I would not even have been in the city... if not for a letter I received not long ago, informing me that Freedom needed me. A letter from... Cael the Detective . A met with him upon my arrival to Freedom City... he was on his trip through time to meet his end as Tyrannus... and he told me that yesterday was important. That yesterday was a turning point in history"

He looks at Doctor Dire. He also told me that it starts with the first thing you and Professor Pain built together. He said it was the prototype for the end.

He looks at the wizard sitting next to Jake pensively. "Finally... Merlin. Before the arrival of the Alpha Centurion to the battlefield, you stated that the Alpha Centurion was my father, indicating that it was his genetic material used to create me and, by extension, the current Centurion.

Putting aside whether it matters which genetically identical man, the original or his clone, I take my genes from, the story doesn't add up. If the Centurion's genetic material was needed to access the Zero Room... if my creators had access to the Centurion's DNA to get to Alpha, then why not use that to create me? Why go through the trouble of releasing the Alpha Centurion just to get genetic material when they had Centurion's genes right there.

And why put him back? If the Alpha Centurion was already released, why not keep him as a weapon? Certainly the Supreme had no issue doing so. And how could they have released Alpha, taken his genetic material, and put him back without anyone noticing? This speaks to a very deep level of security breach, one that makes me suspect someone on the inside was there to cover up, someone with normal access to the Sanctum a decade ago.

But, my biggest question is... Merlin, how did you know the Alpha Centurion was my father and not the Centurion? And why didn't you tell anyone until now?"
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2012-07-29 at 08:04 PM.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground

Len Cope

Len sat at the right hand of the King of Camelot. He listened to a majority of the discussions with steeped fingers, nodding along with the points made by his comrades. When he found a moment he said his piece.

"We came thiiiiiis close," Len says, holding his pointer and thumb a tiny distance apart, "to losing Camelot. This is some serious business and we need to put up a united front. Camelot, FLI, AEGIS, any hero willing to help - this is big."

"If it takes searching every damn SHADOW base there is, then that's what I'm going to do."
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2012-07-30 at 05:27 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Diego Torres

Diego brushes himself off as Robert exits the deli, and stops leaning against the building. "Hah, sure thing jefe." He watches curiously as Robert talks about portals, jumping back slightly as the hole in time and space opens before him. "You ready for this?" Robert asks. "As I'll ever be, tauro." In truth, Diego wasn't sure if he was ready for teleportation. He'd read up on how it works, but he'd never quite grasped it fully, and he was sure there was something he was missing that made it safe for humans. But before he can have second thoughts, Robert strides casually into the portal, and Diego follows close behind.

---

Standing on the sidelines at the meeting of the round table is a bit overwhelming, but it's not until Doctor Dire herself walks in that Diego really realizes where he is. This is the big leagues. This is the A-Team. This is waaaaay above his meager pay-grade. Nevertheless, Diego tries to listen intently. Knowing what's happening in his city would be vital to future superheroing, and it sounds like whatever's going down is big.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

After Faith explains what she knows and adds more pieces to the puzzle, Jake takes a moment to touch on another topic. “While you all mull things over, there’s another matter that some of you could maybe help me with.”

He reaches his hand towards where the non-delegates are sitting, gently making the universal sign for ‘come here’ towards the girl with the white hair. Jake stands and gestures towards her as she approaches. She’s been given a simple blue dress as opposed to the sexy nightwear she’d been running around in the night before.

“Last night, shortly before the fighting began, I saw a shooting star and followed it to ground. The ‘star’ happened to be a white orb that seemed to affect electronics. As I was examining it, I placed my hand upon it and it flashed a string of characters from many languages. Some Iooked vaguely familiar, some I’d never seen before. But then one word showed up, where my hand was touching. ‘Hope.’ The orb opened, and inside was this young lady. She knows nothing of where she comes from, but she knew who I was and understood several obscure quotes I gave her.”

He offered her a reassuring look.

“If anyone has anything to shed some light on this, I would be most appreciative.”
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-07-30 at 07:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Dire speaks up in response to Jake

"Ever since Event 84 Baron Samedi has been little more than powerful gun for hire. He lacks a purpose now that his arch nemesis Siren is dead, or at least as dead as a Loa can be. Your first knight, Sauros, is formidable. Dire believes he was hired to solely to deal with him before he could assist you.

The crystalline structure of the Sanctum is near unbreachable physically, and there are no entrances. Also it is indeed monitored by the original Centurion's robots, inside and out so while it is not teleport proof Dire is surprised anyone could enter the zero room without being detected.

Seeing as Omega's modification of the Alpha Centurion were not genetic it is likely he is genetically identical to the original. Making the Centurion II and Professor Minotaur indistinguishable from offspring of the original. This means that the Sanctum would likely allow them to access the Zero Zone. The Supreme, or one of his lackeys, somehow accessed the Sanctum under the supervision of the robots and accessed the Zero Room using Professor Minotaur's blood."

At Robert's prototype of the end comment Dire seems almost surprised

"The first device Dire and Payne worked on in tandem was the Ultimate Nullifier. A handheld device which could depower all but the most powerful post humans. Dire can understand how such a device could be dangerous in the wrong hands but it is currently sealed in the Infinity Vault on the Lighthouse Satellite. What is likely the safest location it could possibly be stored."

As Robert questions Merlin he seems about to reply when Red One cuts in

"That presumes they got the DNA from after he was sealed away. Tauros is one of the richest men alive. Definitely the single richest super villain. Daedelus did the initial tests to determine whether or not the Alpha Centurion was the Centurion when he first appeared and masqueraded as the genuine article. The Freedom Hall has less strict security than either the Lighthouse or the Sanctum. Tauros would be one of the few villains with the information network and intelligence to work out that Daedelus might have saved a sample of the Alpha Centurion's DNA from these tests and it is likely that when Freedom Hall was technically out of commission, after Event 84, he had someone break in and steal those samples. Or at least that's the soundest theory I can come up with. He didn't know where the Alpha Centurion wound up so he never knew that the DNA sample could be used to access him in the Zero Zone, so he could never use him as a weapon."

At that Merlin speaks up

"I only learned this last night, Young Sir Minotaur, because the Centurion told me,"

For a single second every semi interested pair of eyes in the room snap to Merlin

"I am MERLIN, THE Great. The Merlin. Definitive article. A seance is child's play. Though Yes, some souls are beyond even my reach. Arthur has passed beyond the realms I can reach for example. The Centurion learned of Professor Minotaur & The Centurion II from other heroes who had more recently passed on. He took an interest. Spirits know things, and can learn things, they could not when they were flesh. He said he was sent to warn me, but he didn't say anything other than what I've already said. . .,"

As Merlin trails off he seems suddenly depressed and Rycon, though few others notice, has the faintest feeling his eyes lingered on her for a moment before his face became downcast.

In response to Jake's calling Hope forward the Centurion II speaks up

"Didn't a file a few years ago have the Trillions show up in an orb like that, but yeah they were energy beings not young girls. Could be some sort alien? Does she have any memories? Or is she just not telling? Does the orb still exist? Where is it? Are you willing to hand it over to the F.L.I. for analysis? She could be a trap, the timing seems too coincidental to me. Wait. . . Jake Man, is it just me or does she look like your ex girlfriend from highschool? Not the face but the hair yeah, I mean that's. . ."

As the Centurion II grins behind his shades he is cut off by Dire

"Shut Up Centurion!"

The Centurion II seems shocked at Dire suddenly rising to her sheet and slamming her hands on the table staring at Hope

"What I. . . !"

Dire Glares

"So Says DIRE!"

He goes silent

"She looks just like Winter. Maybe not identical but a family resemblance. The hair is a carbon copy!"

Centurion II seems even more confused

"What?! I went to highschool with Faith Winters. She looked nothing like that girl!"

Dire glares at him again

"Not Jennifer Jones, or whatever her other half calls herself! Dire refers to her MOTHER, the original Winter. Elizabeth Winters-Jones. Yes she dyed her hair, grew older, gave the abilities her daughter inherited but. . ."

both Red One and the Centurion II are looking at Dire as if they have no idea what she's talking about

"*sigh* Dire asks, King Jake of Camelot, that the F.L.I. be allowed to retrieve the sphere and study it, and that you keep the girl Hope under observation until we can discuss her further. In the interest of the F.L.I.'s top secret information we can divulge any information of this level of clearance to you until we have examined the sphere and are sure it is relevant.

Is that alright?"
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-07-30 at 09:04 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

20. - Top - End - #170

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Ashley kept herself silent as everyone else gave their own thoughts and opinions. She is very surprised that Robert had met Cael, even though he was known to be missing or dead almost a decade ago. The mentioning of this Ultimate Nullifier surprised her moreso. With what Faith mentioned, it almost seems like something adds up... Almost.

More importantly right now is Red One's theory regarding Taurus. It isn't the most brilliant of theories but it might say something. More notable to Ashley is Merlin's discussion on how he knew about Robert's other father. Talking to Centurion as a spirit is hard to swallow; however the fact that Robert has already talked with Cael and Merlin's look towards Ashley, implying he knew she died before, makes it a little more believable.

When Hope appears, Ashley couldn't help but think of White; the two do look very similar as Clark tried to state. Dire's own explanation made little sense, but Ashley is curious in knowing. She gives a tone of suspicion as she asks, "Doctor Dire, what do you know of Faith's mother? Are you telling SHE has the ability to copy everyone's powers from a glance?" No doubt this would have Dire yell at Ashley.

After the no-doubt loud and commanding response Dire will give, Ashley looks to the group, deciding that it is a good time to say something. "May I change topics for a moment? With the info Dire and Agent Winters has given, I feel that we may have a link to another situation that has occurred yesterday." No doubt Red One instantly knew what Ashley is thinking of. "Yesterday morning, FLI member MetaSoul was found dead with rumors that it came from the hands of a man known as Prometheus at an anti-post human rally. No one is sure how he was killed; he was known as one of the most powerful beings on the planet as proven by The Battle of Claremont. But..." She looks at Faith as if she is the key to holding the chains of knowledge together. "Faith, you said that Night was killed through quickly spread flames... MetaSoul died the exact same way at Prometheus hands. Not only that, you said that Night wasn't harmed by the sunlight going through the window when, as a vampire, she should have been?"

Ashley looks to Dire, then to Clark with an indignant face. "There has been no such way that a vampire can lose it's undead state past his or her final death. The only way I can feasibly see it possible is through the device; The Ultimate Nullifier. That could have been how MetaSoul was killed too. Without his powers he is as frail as the rest of us. Prometheus could have burned through him as easily as Night was burned. My theory is that this Prometheus is working with SHADOW; if he isn't the Supreme himself."

Is her theory a tall order? Perhaps, but what other way could MetaSoul have been killed? "Dire, when was the last time you or someone else examined the Infinity Vault?"
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-30 at 09:58 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Jake never had any doubts about Merlin. Without him there would be no Camelot right now. There would have been no schooling at Claremont. None of the things that made Jake the man he was today. But the idea that the Centurion’s spirit is still accessible, this long after his death…

Then came the topic of Hope. He didn’t like Clark’s timbre. Yes, it made sense to be cautious, but it did not make sense to immediately suspecting this girl of wrongdoing. Still, everyone saw the obvious similarities between White and Hope. Then Dire erupted, and laid down what was a very interesting theory.

Is Hope… somehow related to Faith?

In response to Dire, “Dr. Dire, Hope is a guest in this kingdom. She is not a prisoner, nor will I treat her as one. You may access the orb. But under no circumstances will this girl be allowed to be imprisoned or harmed. I would also like to speak with you in my chambers after this meeting.”

In other words… he wasn’t about to be kept in the dark about this, even if they had to hash it out behind closed doors --- behind even more closed doors!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172

Len Cope

Len did a double take at the mention of Night. Her death. "Wait...what do you mean Night's dead?" he said, confused. Len always had a crush on Night, and the two became close in high school - though there was always something keeping them from taking the next step. Eventually the whole Camelot thing happened and Len was too busy to even really visit. The two kept in touch, but long distance relationships rarely work out for long. Len always told himself that when things at Camelot settled down he would finally try and make something of it...but now...

"Who killed her?" he said, raising his voice. He slammed his fist on the table. "Tell me!" he yelled, before looking around, remembering where he was and who he was with, and composed himself - keeping his temper in check, though he was boiling inside.
    Thog fan 4 life

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

In response to Rycon Dire says

"Any information on Faith Winters' family is classified but Dire can say that Elizabeth Winters Jones is is currently a perfectly normal middle aged american citizen."

As Rycon finishes Dire lowers herself back into her chair and leans back

"The original Ultimate Nullifier would not depower a Vampire. Their powers are innate . . . but the latest model. . . may be capable of such a feat, but it was never finished. It was designed but never constructed. Isiah could never find a sufficient power source, at least not one that would be stable. The designs were stored in the Infinity Vault."

Dire shakes her head

"The vault is monitored from the Operations deck of the Lighthouse, continually, twenty-four seven. That someone could steal them is impossible . . . but it is evident that someone else somehow has this technology. Dire cannot allow this to stand."

Dire nods to Jake at his response in regards to his comment about Hope

"Then Dire asks that you adjourn this meeting, so we can discuss this matter in private. Dire suggests your team investigate the Sanctum immediately."
    Loki Avatar by Me

24. - Top - End - #174

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Ashley did not say much in response to Dire. She is lucky enough to not have the ex-supervillain blow the German's head off. However what Dire said is interesting. The Infinite Vault is monitored from the operations deck of the Lighthouse. She was there before, even if she never saw where the vault is monitored. For the design to be taken from the eyes of the FLI... That person would either need to be able to get to places immediately or be able to control the Lighthouse; or even both. Ashley knew someone who can do both and he better be glad he didn't come here today. Her suspicious is definitely up but mentioning it to others is pointless right now. Ashley would need to find out more herself but not by walking up to the suspect in person and asking. Last time she tried that, the suspect disintegrated her quite thoroughly.

Len's quick outrage on Night's death did not surprise Ashley; she knew Len had a thing for the now-deceased vampire since Claremont. "Len..." Ashley's voice is rather sombre, unusual for her but she didn't want to start an argument at the Round Table. "I know you had something for Night, but you don't need to begin taking it out on people yet. If she was killed by Prometheus we should at least find definite proof before we go after him. I've already told Red One this and I want you to trust me as well."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Right… Night. Jake watched as his friend grew enraged. He didn’t chastise Len over it. He simply said, “Anything you learn about her murder, I would like reported to us.” It was what Faith was investigating when she was attacked. It had to be connected somehow. These bastards would pay for all the lives they’ve taken. Still, he couldn’t talk to Len about this in front of these people.

After discussing the Infinity Vault and this Ultimate Nullifier, Jake had heard enough for now. Besides, Dire herself wished to adjourn.

“Very well. Before we conclude, I pledge the resources of Camelot to rooting out and destroying the Supreme and his New Crime Syndicate. The forces of good will always have enemies arrayed against them, but if we stand together we will always overcome. Again, I thank you for your help.”

He stands, as do all of the other figures of the Round Table, and Len (he knows to do this).

“May the heavens smile upon our actions. This session of the Round Table is now adjourned.”

He retrieved Excalibur, sheathing it on his back, then motioned for Dr. Dire to come with him as he walked towards his chambers, which were connected to this room. They needed to talk about Hope.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-08-01 at 09:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176

Len Cope

Len stood as the meeting adjourned. As they were walking out, he quickly stopped Jake before Dire made her way over.

"I'm sorry...that kind of behavior is unbecoming for a member of the Round Table...and especially your First Knight." he says, somberly. "It won't happen again." Len sighs.

"It's just..." he lets the words hang, searching for the right thing to say but not finding it. "Sorry."
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2012-08-01 at 10:03 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

27. - Top - End - #177

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Ashley gives a quiet sigh as the meeting is adjourned. She is glad the formalities are over but wishes that there is a more conclusive end to the meeting. Now it's all a matter of waiting to see about Jake's meeting with Dire and what needs to be done next. Ashley has a few ideas but first there is something else she feels like doing first. She gets out of her seat and walks over to Clark. "Centurion, do you have time if we can talk?" Provided he agrees, Ashley goes to ask Robert the same. "Robert, I'm going to talk with Centurion," she gestures the minotaur towards Clark. "Do you want to come? I know that... Well... The two of you are brothers and he's been looking forward to seeing you again."

Regardless of Robert's response, Ashley begins to head back to the emergency tent where she was chatting with Isiah earlier; hopefully both Robert and Clark agrees to come.

Spoiler
    Show
    I forgot to mention before, but Peregrine is free to come along with Robert and Ashley if he wishes.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-08-02 at 11:56 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Jake turns to Len as he apologizes. His features take on a look of both sadness and concern. It isn’t fully expressed, little can be when Jake is administering his duties as monarch. Jake puts his hands on Len’s shoulders and looks him square in the eye.

“There’s nothing to be sorry for, brother. The Round Table is about justice, and she deserves it.”

He phrases things in a way that’s in keeping with the formality of this room, but the subtext is clear. Len’s his best friend. He knew how strongly he’d cared for Night. They had all hung out together as kids. Len had a right to be sad, to be angry.

And those behind it all would be punished.

“Tend to the guests while I’m speaking with Dr. Dire. Do everything you need to do to make sure you and the others are ready to act. Because we’re going to begin investigating starting today.”

He squeezed Len’s shoulder before releasing him and walking into his chambers.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Doctor Dire and motions for Red One and the Centurion II to remain behind. Slowly she follows after Jake, closing the door behind herself.

When they are finally alone Doctor Dire says

"So what do you wish to discuss with Dire?"

In reply to Rycon Clark says with a grin

"Of course, it'd be great to catch up with an old friend like you Ashley."

He waits for Robert's reply before walking off with Ashley to her tent.
    Loki Avatar by Me

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

He turned towards Dr. Dire. As a kid, he never thought he’d be meeting this woman as equals. But here he was.

“Forgive my forwardness, Dr. Dire, but I’m going to get to the point.” His brown eyes looked up at her. Dire was a forceful presence, for sure, but so was Jake. He wasn’t intimidated by her. “I’m giving you access to the orb. I expect something in return. I want you to tell me everything you know or suspect about Hope. I respect your need for secrecy, considering the incident with Jennifer Jones, but Hope is here, asking for my help. I won’t be left in the dark. Anything you disclose to me will stay within these chambers”
    Spoiler
    Show