New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: RaynnVerse: The Revolution IC

The one and only Diego Torres

Peregrine grins, looking down at the shouting civilian. "Hey now, esse, I don't appreciate that kind of negativity." He flies over the creature, sticking his tongue out as it swings ineffectually at the hero. "Hmm, yes, raaaragh, very profound." He nods sagely, moving past the creature to hover above the civvies.

He glances down at them and whispers hurriedly. "I'll try to keep his attention, you folks get out of here. Rapido, comprende?" He gestures for them to run as he moves closer to the monster. "And tell me, cabron!" He shouts, bringing attention fully to him. "When I make fun of you brief asides, how does that make you feel?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling Bluff to use my newly purchased Distract feat to daze this big guy.
    (1d20+15)[24]

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Resistance Roll: (1d20+5)[7] vs. DC 24

~ Mr. D. Torres ~

The Creature lets out another roar at Diego's comments rather than attacking giving Diego time to act.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-08-21 at 05:31 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

It hadn’t been Jake’s idea to invite Len and Faith here. No offense against them, but he wasn’t sure how many people he wanted to see whatever was about to be revealed. Jake gently nods to Hope when she is shown where to sit. He then kneels down at the circle. Merlin asks a question Jake doesn’t want to answer.

But he does.

“First, all of you in this room are sworn to secrecy. Anything that happens in this room cannot be told to the outside world. For her sake and for the well being of the world.”

He looks from Faith, to Len, to Merlin… and to Hope. He takes a deep breath and begins to answer.

“First, she shares all of my memories until two days ago. It’s also true that she might be related to Faith’s biological mother, who was altered by a being named Omega. Dr. Dire fears there may still be a connection. Hope possibly possesses great power.”

He repeats himself. “And if she does, no one can know of it. For her safety.” Which obviously means a lot to him.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-08-21 at 06:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

El Torres Magnifico

Diego keeps yammering at the monster as the civilians look on. He glances down at them, rolls his eyes, and activates his talons. "Some days you just can't get rid of some innocent bystanders." He flies at top speed past the monster, throwing a solid blow to his head as he passes over.

"So what's up, tiny? What brings you do this fine alley on a day such as today?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling to smack him upside the head, Power Attack for +3/-3, DC 25 Tough save if it hits.
    (1d20+10)[14]

5. - Top - End - #305
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

The constant attempt at calling Danielle at home began to drive Ashley crazy at the ringing made from trying to connect. Thankfully trying the mobile number works as Ashley can hear her cousin's voice. Ashley's tone is full of relief. "It's great to hear from you again Danielle." While Ashley has had a habit of calling Danielle "Sis" despite not really being sisters, the habit was dropped as soon as graduation came. The two barely have seen each other since. "I've been doing well at Olympus Technologies. Didn't you read the news a couple months back about their top engineer?"

Ashley sits on her bed as she tries to relax while chatting with Danielle. "Where are you right now? Is there some sort of party over there? I was wondering if I could meet you today."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Save: (1d20+8)[19] vs. DC 25

Diego Torres

The blow connects with the creature's head and it stumbles backwards stunned, it lets out a roar in frustration again.

Ashley Culdis

Suddenly Danielle's voice turns from happy to depressed and embarrassed

"Ugh. . . No, I'm in a homeless shelter . . ."

her voice trails off.

Jake, Faith & Len

Merlin merely nods his head in reply and begins chanting

"Reveal.

What is, What was, What might yet be.

Release.

Embrace.

Show to us, Spirits of the earthly plane, in all your wisdom,

What is, What was, What might yet be."

For a second nothing happens and Hope looks up with a grin

"I guess it's back to the drawing board guys, seems I'm norm . . ."

She stops looking down at her hands. They glow and crackle with the same red and black lightning like energy as the sphere once did. Slowly she floats upwards, almost like a balloon. Her grin broadens.

"Wow! Look Jake! Look! I have powers too! I can be a super hero too!"

She tumbles in a spin in the air

"Hmmm. . . Hope's a lame hero name. I'll be Luck lass! Or The Princess! Or Saurian Girl! Okay that last one doesn't quite fit but . . ."

Hope stops as Merlin awakens from his trance with a terrified luck upon his face

"STOP THIS! CEASE USING YOUR POWERS THIS INSTANT YOU FOUL CREATURE!"

Hope looks bewildered and hurt and Jake is about to reprimand Merlin for his choice of words and tone when Hope replies

"I . . . I can't . . . I don't understand . . . "

Merlin cuts Hope off as her hands begin to glow even more brightly

"STOP IT! STOP IT NOW! BEFORE YOU KILL US ALL! BEFORE YOU KILL U. . ."

*BOOOOOOOOOOM*

Jake coughs up blood as he pushes himself up from the rubble. He looks up into the skyline and sees the smoking rubble of the castle and the large chunk of it that is missing. The Wizard's tower. He looks nearby where the Merle's personal pantry should have been on the ground floor and sees Merle's broken body on a mound of broken bricks.

He looks left and sees Len, having landed in some wooden debris that might have once been the tower's made doorway and Faith on a scorched patch of the lawn nearby. Each of the Trio look like they're on Death's door.

At the center of where the tower stood a few moments ago, sits a crying girl who's eyes are now pits of black and red energy. Her clothes for the most apart are burned away or torn and every few moments a arch of the same black and crimson energy lashes out of her uncontrollably to vaporize some large part of the nearby rubble. She seems unharmed. She glances sideways to the dead form of Merle, only a few feet from where she kneels and looks up in the direction of Jake and through a sob says over the crackle flames and distant shouts

"Jake . . . Please . . . Put me down . . ."

As she looks up Jake can see an Omega symbol glowing in that same energy and smoking away on her chest . . .

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot to say, Faith, Len & Jake are disabled and all receive a Hero Point.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-08-21 at 06:47 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

7. - Top - End - #307

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

"What?"

Ashley is in utter shock.

"What?!"

Her voice grows in anger as she goes over Danielle's last line.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!"

Ashley could not be anything other than astoundingly upset. The last thing she needs is to hear that what family she has in America is in disarray. She tries to sound encouraging to her cousin as she says, "Danielle, tell me where you are. I'm going to come get you and your baby and we'll take you to Aunt Marcia. She's been rather lonely without either of us home. Or I can even contact King Jake of Camelot. I'm sure there's a better place to stay for you and your baby there."
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-08-21 at 11:11 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Even with all the magic in the world, nothing could have shielded him from that blast, not entirely. He loses consciousness for a moment. Inside his head, a voice tells him to “Get up. Get up. Get up.” Consciousness returns to him as he hacks up blood. He’s badly damaged. He knows it. One arm holds him up while the other cradles his ribs. They’re broken.

His eyes travel to Merle… gone. Len and Faith are hurt just as badly as he is. The castle is damaged, and Hope… she’s…

With a grunt, Jake forces himself to his feet. Each movement is filled with pain. He shouldn’t be able to stand right now, but he digs deep. He labors to breath as he looks over the destruction.

She asks him to put her down.

“Hope. Shut up.” He snaps in response to her plea.

He draws Excalibur, gripping it tightly. He takes a steadying breath, then forces it to pulse with light. It’s painful, but necessary.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last Stand to become fatigued and ignore wound penalties enough to be able to use healing on myself. Rolled in the ooc. Full heal.

The warm light of the blade floods over him. Bones set, wounds knit.

Once he’s standing well enough, he repeats the process for Faith and Len... Merle’s too far gone.

Then, he approaches Faith, risking a shock from that wild energy. “I’m not going to hurt you, Hope. What’s happening is not something you did willingly. I need you to fight this. Take that power and force it down. Be strong.” He looks her in the eyes as he speaks.

Please fight it… don’t make me have to…
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Bugbear in the Playground

Len Cope

Len watched as Hope crackled with power and rose in the air, apparently under her own control. Then Merlin started yelling. Something was wrong. Something was really wr-

Len was blasted back into the reinforced door by the force of the explosion. He felt the wood crack and splinter against his body as he was driven into it. The metal banding bend from the impact. His breath was forced out of him and everything went black.

He opened his eyes, he wasn't sure how much later it was. Everything was blurry.

"Almost...came to see you, Night..." he mumbled, still not completely lucid. He coughed and felt a sharp pain in his chest. It hurt to breathe. "Aghhhh...." he groaned. He thought he heard Jake and Hope talking.

Then he felt the familiar feeling of Excalibur's light. His ribs knitting themselves back together. He takes a few breaths, and pushes himself up into a sitting position. Looking around he sees the devastation. He sees Merle.

"Jake..." he says, not finding the words. He struggles up to his feet and stumbles to stand next to his friend. He puts a cautious eye on Hope, but lets Jake do his thing.
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Diego Torres

"What's that?" Diego trills, cupping a talon to his ear. "I can't quite make out what you're trying to say over the ringing in your ears, cabron." He speeds headwards, aiming a punch right between the eyes. "Let's see if we can't clear your head a bit, ey jefe?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Going full Power Attack this time, +5/-5 for a DC 27 save.
    (1d20+8)[17]

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Roll: (1d20+7)[11] vs. DC 27

Diego Torres

The creature flies back from the force of the blow and the concrete skin sloughs off in large chunks to reveal a teenage girl, about Diego's age, as if she had been moving with a shell of concrete, probably couldn't even speak. A Post Human. Diego felt a twinch of quilt as he looked down at the bruised young girl's unconscious form . . . then he noticed that all the bruises were in locations he'd never touched . . . and she was cut too, but he'd never broken her concrete hide. In her human form the girl just looked like she'd been on the wrong end of a pretty bad beating . . .

The cogs in Diego's head began to turn as he turned around at the four men and the young woman behind him who were now cheering for him

"See that's what I'm talkin' about! Human heroes standin' up for us folks against these mutie pieces of trash! Girl thinks she can walk around in public, on our streets, when she's a freakin' monster! Yo, dude, I don't know who you are yet, but you're the greatest hero in the city in my books! 'Cept Prometheus o' course! Boy you should check him out, team up or some s***! You gave that girl what was comin' to her! He'd love you Man!"

Ashley Culdis

Danielle seems on the verge of tears when she speaks

"There was a fire . . . Rupert didn't . . . Some people found out I was a Post Human, they . . . we were asleep . . . he died because of me . . ."

Ashley listens as her cousin cries for a minute, quietly, before Danielle says

"St. Lucious' shelter for the homeless, the corner of Hunter & 40th Avenue . . ."

Faith, Hope, Jake & Sauros

Hope looks up as tears begin to steam away from her flesh

"I . . . I can't . . . I don't want to kill you Jake . . . or Faith . . . or Len . . ."

She clutches her chest in pain as another arch of energy lashes out and leaves a massive gouge in the wall of a nearby armory

"Aaagh! Jake. Len. Faith. Ugh. I'm . . . a weapon . . . or a monster . . . or worse . . . or him . . ."

She looks up and for a brief moment her eyes turn back to normal and the symbol on her chest turns from a shifting shape of energy to a solid crimson symbol before a moment later turning back to a crackle of energy along with her eyes.

"Please . . . Jake . . . Faith, Len, they don't have it in them, to do what you can do but you do, you know what has to be done, one innocent life isn't worth all those lives my life might cost . . . please . . . kill me . . . save them . . . "
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-08-22 at 03:23 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Len comes to him and calls his name. Jake looks back at him and gently holds a hand for Len to wait where he is. What Jake’s about to do is monumentally dangerous, but it’s never really stopped him before. He begins to approach her. Whiplashes of immense energy and force come close to him. He twists his body to the side, hissing as the proximity even burns his flesh.

Yet he keeps approaching.

“Hope, I don’t ever let math dictate who lives and who dies. You, of all people, should know me better than that.”

In moments he’s standing in front of her, in the zone of danger. He sheaths Excalibur. There’s no reason to use it now.

“I want you to remember something. Do you remember when I found out I was Mordred in a past life? I thought that it made me a monster. For months, I doubted myself, and believed that something evil lived inside of me.” He looks at her eyes, as they waver back and forth from how they normally are to the pits of energy. “Do you remember how that turned out? I faced my inner demons. Mordred was evil… and he’s also dead. I get to choose who I want to be. I choose to be Jake Wallace.”

He reaches out to her.

“You can choose to be Hope. We can find a way. Fight it.”
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Ashley is shaken from what she hears from Danielle. Danielle's husband was killed in a fire, and the house went with him... He died because of Danielle, but why? "They" found out Danielle is a metahuman? Ashley had a small feeling she knew, but she'd need to hear from Danielle first... And possibly fast. "I'll be on my way, 10 minutes tops."

Deciding not to put on her costume, Ashley makes sure every window and door is locked before teleporting out of her apartment and to the nearest place to St. Lucious' shelter. Should only be a short walk from there, though an agonizing one. Ashley knew homeless shelters are not pretty and Danielle is in for a life of hell until she gets bailed out by her cousin.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Robert Asterion

Robert, having been rather rudely awakened by a bullet, quickly rolls out of his bed, using it as cover as he looks up at his sandwich.

Covered with broken glass. Probably salvageable.

Well, darn.

Spoiler
    Show
    Robert rolls out of bed (move action) and keeps prone. He uses his Standard action for total defense.

Against ranged attacks he has cover (+4 defense), is prone (+4 defense), and is using total defense (+4 defense), for a total of 31 defense. Should he roll initiative?
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

15. - Top - End - #315

Len Cope

Len frowns, but abides by Jake's wishes and stays where he is. "Be careful." he says, and watches the situation intently, body keyed in on a dinosaur transformation. If Hope goes supernova, Len was ready to get Jake out of there.
    Thog fan 4 life

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

Faith Winters

Faith groaned and turned over, no worse for wear after Excalibur's intervention but groggy and disoriented. "Anyone get the number of that hurricane...?" she mumbled as she pulled herself into a sitting position against a ruined cabinet. She was starting to think that hanging around Jake may not be the safest post to have been assigned...
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

Faith, Hope, Jake & Len

Hope rises to her feet as her energy waves shatter more nearby masonry, she glances towards the far off edge of the island and then back to Jake, then something truly odd occurs . . .

Hope seems almost to gasp for breath for a moment before freezing in place as the symbol on her chest becomes a solid crimson again and her skin turns white to match her hair and her eyes return to normal, then she flickers back to her normal fleshed energy emitting form. A voice, cold and unfeeling, whispers out of the symbol on her chest

"Energy Containment Field Nullified; Destructive Interference detected; Unable To Track Source; Omega Under Attack; Jake Wallace, Faith Winters, Len Cope, in Imminent Danger. Counter to Wishes of Omega. Omega desires course of action to protect Len Cope, Faith Winters, Jake Wallace . . .

Space. Interim Solution Only.

Jake Faith Len. Omega requires assistance.

Please Advise.

Containment Unit Re-entering Stand-by Mode.

Re-initializing Omega Consciousness."

Hope suddenly falls back on her knees and catches herself, as the energy waves begin erupting once again

"Wha. . . wha . . . what happened? Where did I go?"

Ashley Culdis

As Ashley enters the Homeless Shelter she quickly finds Danielle at the back of a large hall like room with only a large rucksack of belongings and her daughter in a stroller beside her.

She looks haggard, like she's barely slept or eaten in days . . .

As Ashley approaches she looks embarrassed

"Hey Ashley . . ."

Spoiler
    Show
    You go he goes should be fine, at least for now.

Robert Asterion

With Robert so well protected the attacker doesn't even bother with another shot and instead seems to cease firing, possibly to move towards the hotel.

Then Robert begins to hear rhythmic thuds from beneath his window . . .
    Loki Avatar by Me

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

His expression belies his shock and confusion at the sudden transformation and the robotic voice. Then came what he’d feared. She is Omega. Hope is Omega. Yet… her hopes aren’t to destroy them all. She wants to keep them safe. He wasn’t giving up.

Jake comes closer to her just in time for the energy waves to begin wrecking the area. He draws Excalibur and holds it out, opening a portal. On the other side is nothing but sand dunes.

“I don’t know what happened, but that’s not what’s important right now. We need to go somewhere where there are no people. The Sahara. Go through the portal, Hope. I’m coming through with you.”

He looked back at the other two. He’s risking death here, but they don’t have to.

“You guys can stay or go, it’s your choice.”

Back to Hope.

“Once we’re through, we’ll keep trying to figure this out. Just trust me, okay? I'm not going to leave you.”
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

Diego Torres

Diego lands next to the girl, rubbing the back of his neck. "Ay caramba..." He leans down next to her and checks to make sure he didn't hurt her too badly. "Come on, chicka. Let's get you someplace safe." He struggles, but even Diego is able to lift her small frame. He cradles her in his arms and approaches the civilians.

"When someone tells you to get gone, you get got, cabrones." He takes to the sky, weighed down heavily by the girl. "The name's Peregrine." He says, sternly. "Look it up, you'll know I don't take kindly to minority oppression." He narrows his eyes under his helmet. "Now move along."

He flies as fast as is safe for the girl towards the nearest hospital and lands on the roof, lying her down gently and kneeling by her side.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Robert Asterion

Robert hears the approach of... something. It wouldn't be long now until they got into his room. And there would be a brawl.

He crawls over to the hotel phone and pulls it down, pressing the buttons quickly to get to the lobby's front desk.

"Excuse me, sir or madam. This is room 13B, fourth floor. There was a gunshot through my window and I am inclined to believe that further violence is imminent, possibly of a superhuman manner. If you would please contact the proper authorities and evacuate the building, I would be much obliged and inclined toward writing favorable review of your facility. Thank you"
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

21. - Top - End - #321

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Ashley walks into the shelter in a brown tank-top and blue jeans, wearing sunglasses just in case. Last thing she wants is to attract attention by entering as a superhero. Looking at Danielle however breaks Ashley's heart on the inside. Ashley has no idea how long Danielle has been here but it is way too long. "Oh, Danielle..." Her voice is full of remorse and sorrow. Very little has gone Ashley's way since two days ago and it really is just getting worse. She goes to touch Danielle's shoulder, undoubtedly dirty. "Hold on, I'll make a call and then we'll get out of this nightmare."

Ashley heads just outside of the shelter and takes out her cell phone. She calls Jake, knowing he'd accept someone into Camelot... Except no one answers, not even a message is left. It's not just Jake either; Len and Faith's cells both do not respond. "What the hell...?" Looks like Camelot is out of the question.

Ashley sighs and heads back inside the shelter to speak with Danielle and her baby. "Alright, let's get you two out." So long as there are no complications, Ashley takes Danielle and her baby back to Ashley's apartment. They have to go the normal way, by walking and by taxi; the baby probably isn't ready to be teleported and some of Ashley's powers just don't work right with Danielle.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Alone in the Sahara Jake tries to dodge the arches of energy as he tries to withstand Hope's broken screams for mercy.

Then she is gone. Where she was a moment before now appears empty, save for a slight dip in the sand like the bottom of a sphere, and the desert is silent and safe. He notices something in a reflection in the glass Hope's energy had formed from the glass, when he turns he sees a man who he used to call Vice Principal.

Isiah Washington.

As usual, before Jake can speak Isiah opens his mouth

"It's okay, Hope's safe, at least in regard that she won't hurt anyone, and she's still right there. She's surrounded by a portal sphere that is releasing her energy to an M Class planet a few stars away, so long as she doesn't move she'll stay right where you left her. Before you ask, she was releasing more Power Negative than we've seen since the Terminus Invasion. You're lucky I'm all that showed up. Jake. Please explain to me why she is safe on Earth, please give me a reason not to help her with what she was screaming about when I got here,"

Isiah sits in the sand looking exhausted, puts his hand into a portal and pulls out a beer throwing it in Jake's direction before taking one out of the portal for himself and closing it

"Dire gave me a brief respite off Operations. All the time I need, because of this being related to Omega and you being one of my former students.

If you want I can exile her. I know a reality where sentient life never developed, it's like Eden except for bus sized felines.

I mean with the Cullie Act I'd technically have to deport her in a week or so anyway unless she got citizenship, which I'm pretty sure she couldn't get in time apart from the obvious ridiculous option.

Jake . . . what do you want to do?"

Faith & Len

The remaining pair begin to hear a ringing in the rubble, a cell phone maybe? Something Merlin didn't own.

Ashley Culdis

As Ashley enters the apartment Sarah disappears from Danielle's hands zips through a nearby light switch and clings to the room light. As Danielle runs to the sofa to catch her she almost breaks down in tears. Ashley didn't even know Sarah was a mutate. Ashley knows that mutates powers unlike mutants lack an X-gene and will have powers similar to their ancestors, it also means there powers can activate very early or very late in life.

Clinging to Sarah for dear life and shying away from anything remotely electrical Danielle says

"Sorry about being a burden, you don't even have room for both of us in such a small place."

Sarah just giggles over her mothers worried tone and smiles as she reaches in Ashley's direction.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll: (1d20+10)[25] DC 25 Toughness Save on a hit for Robert.
    Now Robert's turn.

Robert Asterion

As Robert hangs up on a stunned receptionist he sees his enemy, or at least one of them, finally climb into the room.

A roughly 7 foot tall, muscle bound, raggedly dressed blue skinned troll. It's beady red eyes fixate on Robert and expecting merely a grunt he in fact says to Robert

"One apologizes for our future altercation and the inevitable physical harm that will come to your form good bovine sir but one's employer is most adamant about his desires to see your fine self in an injured state.

No hard feelings of course. Merely business, which of course, is the monster business for the both of us, and business is obviously quite prosperous at the moment.

Oh, where are my manners, I am Bartholomew the Troll, and gentleman of course. Anyway . . ."

He shifts his weight in a combat stance

"'Tis The Clobbering Hour!"

He leaps forward to deliver a knuckle sandwich to Robert's jaw.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 Hero Points to Diego.

Diego Torres

It doesn't take long for the doctors to find El Peregino on the roof and get the girl to the ER. The doctors don't even comment on him being a super hero as they rush the girl away, being the one city in the world where they've been used to it for decades, and even allow Diego to follow them inside so long as he stayed in the waiting room.

The news he receives is not what he wants to hear.

While the doctor doesn't say she is in a coma, he may as well have, babbling on about how the next few days are critical, etcetera. The Doctor doesn't mention what injuries are responsible for the girl's condition but from the way he speaks Diego gets the impression that this isn't a first for the mutants of Freedom City. People like those thugs Diego encountered have been doing stuff like this to innocent people for some time . . . or at least that's the impression he gets from the doctor. The doctor implies there's no reason to stick around, she won't be out of surgery for some time.

What do you do?
    Loki Avatar by Me

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

He could handle the destruction, even her cries for death. But her sudden disappearance took him aback. His nostrils flare, his breathing speeds. Where is she? Has she lost so much control? He turns, looking for her when he sees Isiah Washington. His eyes narrow, a reflex.

Still, he listens, as calmly as he can right now… that is, up until Isiah threatens to kill her.

“Simple morality, Isiah. What’s happening to her right now is not her choice. The situation may be complicated, but until there is no other choice I will try and help her, not harm her.”

His anger subsides when Isiah… well… tosses him a cold one. He exhales softly and moves to sit down beside his old Vice Principal. That simple gesture went a long way.

“Sorry for the outburst… but, this situation is very complicated.”

He opens the can and takes a sip. In this moment of relative calm, it’s all he can do to keep that lump in his throat down. Merle is dead.

“I don’t want you to exile her. And she bypasses the Cullie Act because I declare her a citizen of Camelot.”
    He takes another drink. “I want to help her. It’s possible that she’s Omega, or something from the Terminus. But she’s also a girl. A nice one, actually. When her power activated, she was excited to come with me and Len on superhero adventures... until this, that is.”

He shakes his head.

“Like I told her. She’s no more Omega than I am Mordred. If I deserve to go on, so does she.”

He looks over to Isiah. He shouldn’t be saying this.

“And… I like her. I sure can pick ‘em, huh? So... help me find a way to control or seal away whatever this is."
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Isiah sighs, and sips his cold one before speaking again

"I already did.

I'm the one jamming her containment field."
    Loki Avatar by Me

25. - Top - End - #325

Len Cope

Hope is Omega? And she wants to protect us? Len thinks, his face showing clearly his bewilderment.

Len was about to follow Jake through the portal. He would never leave his best friend to face death alone. However before he could step through, he see's Isaiah take control of the situation, and on his side, he hears a ringing from the rubble. Merle did not own a cell phone. "You hear that? Or are my ears still ringing from the explosion?" he says to Faith.

Len tries to signal Jake through the portal, if its even still open. "There's something weird here, I'll catch up in a sec!"

Len turns to begin sifting through the rubble for the source of the sound.

Spoiler
    Show
    if you need a search roll, here it is! search - (1d20+4)[7]
    Thog fan 4 life

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Len Cope & Faith Winters

Len finds his cell phone, pretty beat up, with a few missed calls from Ashley Culdis.
    Loki Avatar by Me

27. - Top - End - #327

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Ashley halts the moment she steps into her apartment room as she sees Danielle's child rocket off to the nearest electrical object. Ashley makes sure to lock her apartment door before taking a seat on the sofa. She still looks remorseful as she sees her cousin break down in tears. "Danielle, don't think that way," Ashley responds in trying to encourage her cousin. "It's not a proper apartment for two but I don't really need to sleep anyway. The bed is yours while I find a more suitable place for you and Sarah to stay in. Besides, you and Marcia accommodated me when I came to Freedom City; it's only natural as family that I can do the same for you and Sarah." Ashley looks at the baby. Three months old and already her powers have manifested? It's just utterly insane how early it has happened.

Ashley picks up a cookbook from her bookshelf and begins to read through the various recipes that she can make with what she has in her fridge. She tries to sound more optimistic now. "So anything you and Sarah are hungry for?" Ashley remembers a few German dishes from one of the restaurants she went to a while ago. It's not exactly the first time she has made one but she can't really call herself a master chef. Ashley would do anything for her cousin, especially after she got Danielle involved with the entire MetaTime crisis.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-08-22 at 10:33 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328

Len Cope

Len's face screws up with concern when he sees the missed calls from Ashley. It looked like Jake had things reasonably under control. Might as well see what was up, and let Ash know the situation at Camelot.

He dials Ash's number. "Hey Ash, it's Len. We have a situation here at Camelot. How you doing?"
    Thog fan 4 life

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashley Culdis

Danielle merely shrugs as she starts shuffling through her rucksack supplies, likely looking for things for the bath Sarah so desperately needs.
    Loki Avatar by Me

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

“I don’t even really know what that means. What I do know is that this,” he gestures to the empty space where she technically is, “is not a long-term option.”

Len calls out to him through the still-open portal. Jake nods to him, letting Len do as he sees fit.

“Isiah, I need a way to get her out of this bubble without her blowing up her surroundings. And then later… later we should discuss the Ultimate Nullifier.”
    Spoiler
    Show