Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: RaynnVerse: The Revolution IC

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

Rycon holds her breath as she sees Arroara disappear into light and electricity. A moment later, she gives a sigh of relief. That formorrian will be back some day, that's for sure... The question is 'when.' It isn't a question Rycon has time to answer however. She has all the info she needs to know that her old friends are in danger and she needs to let them know immediately. Everything else, the new syndicate, Arroara, and whatever role Taurus has; all those can wait. For now the safety of her friends is top priority.

Ashley sighs as she sees the emergancy services coming. "And this was supposed to be my day off..." At the very least, she is glad that she isn't being hogged the spotlight.

Ashley begins walking out of the park and repairing her watch. She knew the quirks and works around machines; something like this won't be an issue. In the meantime she would head to Freedom Hall to access the Lighthouse Satellite. She should be allowed there as a member of Olympus Technologies and the FLI.

When or if she does get the watch working again, she quickly reports in. "Can anyone hear this? This is Rycon reporting from Liberty Park. Red One? Isiah? Centurion II? Any of you or anyone there, please respond!" She says it in English, then repeats it in German. She really hopes for a response.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using my Craft Electronic/Mechanical skill to repair the watch Red One gave Ashley: (1d20+18)[38]
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-15 at 11:48 PM.
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Faith Winters
    The Agent
    Defense: 20
    Condition: Unharmed
    H/L Points: 3/6

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Raynn View Post
    Enraged but unharmed the demi-god shakes off the bolt of lightning, a sensation he is all too familiar with

"Fraulein! You think the same tricks will fool Ragnarok, child of the Aesir twice in one lifetime! Fool! I am the equal of the gods! You are nought but the shadow of one!"

He roars up at the sky

"NONE SHALL FELL RAGNAROK! CHAMPION OF SHADOW!"
    "Ragnarok, child of the asswhatever, needs to put a shirt on and deal with his gender issues!" Faith mocked, knowing full well it was just going to make him mad. "Seriously, your hair is feathered. You look like a member of Motley Crue, and not in a good way." Faith pulled several throwing knives from the bandoliers she had criss-crossing her body and wrapped around her thighs, holding them in the spaces between her fingers as she prepared to attack again.

Maybe she could poke his eye out or something...?

Spoiler
    Show
    I think it's KP's turn maybe? So I'm holding off on attacking until I know Faith's up.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2012-07-15 at 10:12 AM.
    Green Lantern and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

"Ambassador, in the course of my life, I have more than once been too ignorant to know that something was impossible before I did it anyway. I see no reason to jeopardize that success." - Antillus Maximus Princeps' Fury

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Penguin in the Playground Moderator

Robert Asterion, the Heir Apparent

Robert raises his hand to shield his eyes as the lightningbolt flashes through the demigod. Good ol faith

Through the after-smoke of the lightning strike, the sillhouette of bovine head and a pair of horns can be seen. The big blonde doctor standing next to Ragnarok is gone, and a monster out of greek myth, a mighty MINOTAUR charges out of the smoke, horns first.

"Excuse me, good sir, but I believe I was having this dance!"

Spoiler
    Show
    The smoke thing is mostly fluff. I'm not trying to get a sneak attack here through concealment.

Rolling attack.
    Attack - (1d20+9)[20]
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2012-07-15 at 07:22 PM.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Len Cope
    Terrosaur

Len's satisfied smile of finally putting the zombie room behind him quickly turns to a concerned frown as he see's his best friend Jake locked in combat with none other than Cerebrus Rex. All around him Camelot is under siege by robotic dinosaurs. No doubt Dr. Fauxilier must be in cahoots with Cerebrus and Morgan, trying to keep Len from this fight.

He failed.

Len's giant predatory form begins to shift again, becoming sleeker. The giant maw elongates into a sharp beak and a colorful crest forms on the back of his head. His tail shortens until it is gone, and finally enormous wings unfurl from his sides. With a few powerful flaps Len is airborn, his 40' wingspan powering him into the sky and toward Cerebrus at top speed.

Spoiler
    Show
    alright, so a slight change in the form (though big change in appearance!) Growth 10, protection 4, Flight 5 and Super Senses 1 (low light vision)

When will I get into the fight?
    Thog fan 4 life

Consul avatar by Darth Raynn!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What's the DC on that attack Kpenguin?
    Toughness Save: (1d20+15)[22]Ignore above roll.

Faith Winters & Robert Asterion’s Stories:
    ‘The Agent’ & ‘The Heir Apparent’

As Robert slams into Ragnarok the demi-god takes the head directly and shrugs it off with a grunt.

Jake Wallace’s Story:
    ‘The King In The Skies’

The portal disk envelops Jake as he tumbles through the space between spaces before thudding to a sudden halt on a cold floor. Suddenly Excalibur feels like dead weight, as does his other equipment, as his magical might is somehow stripped from him, or much more likely, temporarily supressed.

Jake looks at the ground and sees some sort of magical circle, likely what's robbing him of all his powers. He can tell from the floor that he's in a steel room but looking around the room he sees only darkness. . . until a figure hooded and robed in white steps out of the darkness.

Only one name fills Jake's mind. . .

Morgana.

She speaks softly but with a hint of malice, saying only

"Hello your Grace."

Len Cope’s Story:
    ‘The Homo Sauros Rex’

When Len finally approaches the scene of the titanic battle he sees his King disappear into a portal that swiftly closes, targetted to parts unknown. Below stands Cerberus Rex, now alone in the royal castle.

Glancing up Cerberus Rex finally spots Sauros

"I must admit Sauros, your King was far more formidable than I had anticipated. I had to banish him or risk defeat or delay in my plans. That is impressive. . . for a simian. Do you intend to hit me now? I assure you if you do you will not be so lucky. I do not treat species traitors kindly."

Ashley Culdis’ Story:
    ‘The girl who died’

Ashley races towards Freedom Hall but it will take time for her to reach it on foot.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-07-16 at 02:13 AM.
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of
    The Rise, The Fall, The Lost, the Found, The Departed, The Origin, The End, The Return & The Truth

Now GMing
    The Revolution & The Reign

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

Banner made using Avatars created by Kpenguin & Myself

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

Ashley hurries on foot, but she realizes it's going to take too long while working on her watch. With having to decide between devoting time to repairing the watch or to head to the lighthouse satellite immediately, she decides the latter. Ashley grabs for the nearest pole or power line and begins teleporting to Freedom Hall. So long as there isn't any problematic debris or damage in the way of these electrical devices, she should make it there easily. If there is... She'll figure something out.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Jake Wallace
    The King in the Skies

Jake attempted to juke one of the teleportation disks, but the next disk compensated and caught him, sending him to this vile prison of darkness. As his sword grew heavy in his grip, Jake knew that this trap had been constructed specifically for him. And there was only one person who could be behind such a thing.

He heard her voice as he saw her. Dressed in white, she certainly does have a sense of humor.

Casually, Jake nudged the edge of the circle with Excalibur, testing its boundaries. In the meanwhile, he watched Morgana.

“Hello, Molly.”

Jake said, referencing the girl’s born name.

“It looked like your erstwhile ally was getting scared. He will fail, you know.”

A brief pause.

“But you, you’ve been very busy lately. I have to wonder how you wormed your way into the minds of the UN delegates.” He looked directly at her.
    Auron Avatar by The_Architect.

Check this spoiler out for the happiest thing ever!
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll: (1d20+15)[27]
    No damage on a hit

"Did you think you could best me boy?! You who's grandfather was a bull? Well I suppose if Morgana is too busy to complete the mission than I may as well show her how it is done!"

With that he seems to grab something from his pocket and tries to jab whatever it is into Robert's abdomen.

After a moment Robert stumbles back seeing a single droplet of blood running down his torso. Robert feels a sting and looks up to see a large syringe in the hands of Ragnarok and at that the demi-god flies into the sky that is slowly turning into night.

Jake Wallace’s Story:
    ‘The King In The Skies’

As Jake nudged the circle's edge he didn't notice any obvious barrier. He figured that the circle was then likely the source of the magic affecting him but not it's limit. He had no idea how far he'd have to go to escape its effects. As Morgana speaks again he notices a worn single black lightning bolt S on a red circle on the wall outside the cell

"You think I turned the United Nations against you?"

she laughs

"Oh I'm powerful, but that is power of a different kind than I possess. This goes higher than I. You've pissed the wrong people off my son. You and everything you stand for fly in the face of the status quo. Camelot is an affront to the people in the shadows who run this world, or to be more accurate the person.

When you first were King with no kingdom you would have been handed your royal ass by someone like Cerberus Rex, but he sent you here, barely harmed, because he was afraid he couldn't beat you. Oh I'm sure he'd give some pompous rebuttal that it was out of respect or to be efficient, or even to humour me but we both know that's not it.

You're a King, the King really, and he was afraid he couldn't beat you. You went from school boy with a dream in his head to one of the most politically and maybe even literally formidable people on the planet.

No one makes that kind of ascension without making a few enemies.

People are coming for you. So many, so powerful, united, strong.

This is just the tip of the iceberg Jake. That is what lead you to this point.

I'm actually thankful that you're here, this way you won't be there when your friend Robert's father comes and brings down Camelot. You won't have to see everything you've built come down on your head.

No mother would wish that on her son. Even the Mighty King of Camelot."

Spoiler
    Show
    Cerberus Rex: Injured 3
    Initiative for dinofight
    Initiative: (1d20+7)[26]
    Cerberus Rex will take the Total Defense Action

Len Cope’s Story:
    ‘The Homo Sauros Rex’

Cerberus Rex braces for the younger Saurian's attack, allowing him the first punch

"Come get me boy. Let us see if you are puny man, or Might Saurian!"

Ashley Culdis’ Story:
    ‘The girl who died’

*BANG*

A group of Japanese tourists scatter as Ashley explodes out of their tour guide in the reception area of Freedom Hall. Cynthia, an extremely basic human looking android who is currently covertly recharging while plugged into a power socket behind the receptionist's desk, acts as the receptionist and main tour guide of Freedom Hall.

The group of tourists are flashing photos of Rycon as she tries to scramble to her feet in the middle of the growing crowd and in her disorientation a few of the tourists even take pictures with her, pulling her this way and that.

After a few minutes a familiar hand pulls her to her feet, drags her to her feet proper, pulls her into the nearest bathroom and bars the door shut behind them with a broom stick before checking the stalls are empty, which they are. As Rycon collects herself she sees that Red One, in full costume, now stands in front of her

"Why, might I ask, did one of my favourite former students just explode through our receptionist? Ashley are you okay? You look like you've been in a fight? And what happened to your graduation gift?"
    He pauses for a moment only to give the younger woman a brief, tight hug before letting go

"God I've missed you guys!"
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-07-19 at 01:47 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of
    The Rise, The Fall, The Lost, the Found, The Departed, The Origin, The End, The Return & The Truth

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

Ashley's arrival at Freedom Hall is probably one of her less-graceful entries. While her popularity was avoided back at Liberty Park, here she finds herself swarmed immediately by reporters and photographers. With a more pleasant landing she could have gotten out of there immediately; but a well-timed, familiar person helps her to the bathroom... Not the best of private places but it will have to do.

It takes a moment to shrug off what happened before she sees one of her former teachers. She lets Red One hug her briefly before trying to explain everything that has happened today. "I'm glad to see you Red One. I fought a formorrian princess and..." Ashley then remembers how short on time she might be. "No! I don't have time to explain!" If she was calmer, maybe she could have explained that Robert has arrived back to Freedom City. With everything as it is however, she wants to be sure that her friends are safe before explaining anything. She almost raises her voice as her normally calm-self is in a panic. "Get me to the Lighthouse now! Robert and Faith could be in danger!"
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-20 at 07:30 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    "Robert and Faith could be in danger!"
    "Well, it looks like we're out of danger."

Robert pulls back down his shirt as he finishes examining the stab wound. He didn't feel dizzy, nauseous, light-headed... or otherwise poorly affected. But that could all change soon enough and he knew it.

Of course, the syringe could have also taken blood instead of injected. But for what...

He looks up at the sky, where Ragnarok faded away. What were they after...

For now at least.

He looks back at Faith. Hello, by the way. Mind telling what's going on?

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolled a Medicine check to examine the wound. Assuming nothing is going to be readily apparent from it, but might as well roll anyway

Medicine - (1d20+12)[25] (including additional +2 from Medical kit)

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashley Culdis’ Story:
    ‘The girl who died’

Red One was shocked by Rycon's Panic and without question activated his comlink to the Lighthouse satellite in orbit

"This is Red One to the Lighthouse. I have a possible emergency and need a door to the Lighthouse NOW."

After a moment of silence a shimmering blue warmhole appears two feet to Red One's left and he steps through without pause.

As Ashley follow she is agast at the massive structure that she suddenly sees. Hundreds of consoles on a half dozen levels revolve around an ever changing holographic representation of the earth. A hundred technicians mill about the colossal construct, some passing in and out of the main chamber of the satellite like blood in and out of a heart.

While no heroes are immediately apparent Ashley does eventually spy one, sitting on a throne like control chair, on a platform about at the mid height of the holographic earth.

A moment late that same man is standing in front of her, her former vice-principal.

Isiah Washington.

"Hello Rycon, Hello Red One, what brings you to our neck of the proverbial woods Miss Culdis? I presume you NEED something. How may I help you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    The injection has had no determinable immediate reaction from examining the puncture mark. Robert cannot also tell whether Ragnarok took blood or injected something.

Jake Wallace’s Story:
    ‘The King In The Skies’

The cell is a plain steel box, approximately 20ft x 20ft x 10ft, with no obvious source of light other than the doorway which opens up onto a corridor running parallel to the door where a slightly more worn version of this symbol is painted on the wall.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-07-19 at 04:07 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

For a moment, Ashley marvels at the Lighthouse. This is her first time here and she remembers well only to come in an emergency. There is little doubt that she wants to venture around the place and ask what each electronic device and console does. Of course she lacks the authority and time to do so. Besides, it's not easy to lose focus when she notices the man on the throne; her former vice-principal.

"...Mr. Washington." During her times at Claremont Academy, Ashley has had numerous discussions with Isiah. At first he just came off as an impudent egoist; by graduation she realized how he ended up there. He told her of his home universe, how it turned out, how he became the Lord of Space, how he once saved the multiverse at the cost of a good friend, and how he became distant with his best friend Harlequin, now on the other side of the universe with Jennifer. Isiah's past makes Ashley's look like a happy rollercoaster ride in comparison. It might not be an exaggeration that Ashley knows the world's smartest man better than anyone else. She still thinks he's an egoist, but she knows better than to not respect him.

She speaks formally as she does her best to calm down. "My apologies for the sudden appearance but there is an emergency. I was attacked by a formorrian princess known as Arroara, who took the name of 'Blitz' and tried to strike me down. I repelled her but not before she sprouted some info." She pauses, trying to think of how to properly say the next part. "...Robert Asterion is now back in Freedom City. Arroara wants him dead along with some new-formed crime syndicate. In addition they are also targeting Faith Winters, Len Cope, and King Jake Wallace of Camelot." Ashley can't believe that she said "King Jake Wallace of Camelot" with a straight face. Her old classmate has come a long way.

"I know King Jake and Len should be in Camelot, but I need to know the locations of Robert and Faith as soon as possible. I don't know if they are aware of being targeted but I have to let them know as soon as possible. Will you please assist me Mr. Washington?"
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-20 at 07:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Jake Wallace
    The King in the Skies

There had always been one big weakness Morgana/Molly had. She liked her monologues. And when she started to talk, she couldn’t help but reveal entire conspiracies. Whether this came from her hatred of him or her inescapable need to gloat, he couldn’t be sure. However, he listened. He filed bits and pieces away. But as he listened, his foot scraped against the circle. He wondered if he could disturb it. He wasn’t counting on it. Morgana wouldn’t have some flimsy symbol here suppressing his power. It would be too big of a risk.

He kept talking with her. Keep her focused on arguing with him, on monologuing.

“First, I’m still not your son. Physically impossible.”

He walked around the cell quietly. “Second, I knew I had enemies. Frightened, craven, wretched men who fear what this world is capable of becoming. A land of justice, peace, and plenty? It makes people like your newfound allies tremble.”

He smiled. “The way of the superhero, it stops you all for a time. You’re put in jail, you get out… you strike again. But in a just society, your kind never gets the chance to grow. There is no gutter for you to wallow in. There are no shadows from which you can prey. And that’s what scares you. It’s what scares Shadow.”

A pause. as he was about five feet away from her... not hard in such a small room.

“But you’re right, Morgana. I’m glad you brought me here. I couldn’t bear to see Camelot fall with my own two eyes.”

Then, without any warning, he swings the flat end of Excalibur as hard as he can towards her, in an attempt to stun her or knock her out. It’s one singular attack, reckless and giving it all he’s got.

“So I’ll just save it, instead!”

Hoping that it knocked her off-balance for a moment, Jake takes off running into the hallway, trying to get out of the range of the circle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full all-out attack + power attack. Plus aggressive stance for full (-4 defense, +2 attack). (1d20+12)[30] Normal sword is strength + 3. Makes my toughness save dc on a hit is DC 26.

As a move action, Jake bolts into the hallway.

(though I may extra effort to attack again if I totally botch it... I got to stun her)
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-07-19 at 07:28 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashley Culdis’ Story:
    ‘The girl who died’

"I'll pass the message on to Camelot Ash...Miss Culdis. Before I do. . . "

He turns back away and disappears into a hole in reality and is suddenly back on the platform high above

"Get me a bead to A.E.G.I.S., tell them I know Faith Winters is one of their Agents, tell them I want to know where she is and tell them if they want to do the song and dance of 'we have no agent by that name' for the next four months like they always do that I will personally call every finance minister of every nation that buys America's national debt and give them 'tips' on what they should be doing financially, and only stop once my friend in the oval office manages to cut their funding in half,"

He suddenly appears on the other side of the holographic Earth on a similar platform, almost mid-sentence

"Also you've all got six hours to get me a local on Robert Asterion, yes that over six foot minotaur you all lost six months ago and thought I hadn't noticed,"

The next shout comes from a foot to Ashley's left

"And someone get my friend a bloody Ice-Tea, and NO, not the one with the full face covering helmet,"

When Ashley looks back Isiah is gone and he is now a few metres in front of her beside a door that has just opened on to what appears to be a large lounge come meeting room

"While they do all the heavy lifting why don't we all catch up on a few things?"

He motions for Ashley to walk into the room behind him while Ashley can almost feel Red One's scowl behind his helmet at Isiah's constant use of his powers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Morgana: Stunned + Staggered
    See this is what you get when you never remember to mention her being a glow, indicating her forcefield isn't on, when she is pure forcefield Toughness.
    Toughness Save: (1d20+0)[12]

Jake Wallace’s Story:
    ‘The King In The Skies’

With one blow from the flat of Excalibur's blade Morgana goes carreening across the room, beaten almost to unconsciousness with a blow she didn't expect. When she finally speaks her voice is ragged and hurt

"You think they're doing it for people like me? Think about it Jake, you were just some kid from camp and now you lord it over those 'mere mortals', those men and women who run from their homes into the shadows. . . do so in fear of you.

Remember that girl, your friend at Claremont, who rewrote the reality of most of mainland America on a whim? Or the boy who controlled TIME? Or the child who burned an army with a thought? What if those troops had been American? What if that boy had been your dragon? The world wasn't meant for your king. It can't CONTAIN your kind.

The world isn't afraid of my kind. They're afraid of yours. They're not afraid of villains with petty vendettas and plans, they're afraid of the world changers. People like you. You might not have every power you've seen but you're just as terrifying to those people as Winter.

Do you want to know why the Humans relegated Kings to fairytales? Because they outgrew them, because Kings existed in a time of blood and fire and that's what you herald to them. It doesn't matter if what you bring is better if what you bring first is violence and death.

I may be a witch, but to them, to the people you protect and love, you're the monster at the end of the book, there's no happy ending for you,"

Morgana seems almost saddened as she finishes and merely watches Jake go.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-07-19 at 11:59 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Jake Wallace
    The King in the Skies

“Oh yeah, Molly? You talk as if your villainy is somehow excused or justified because of other psychopaths.” He says, referring to Jennifer Jones as well as the mass murder that took place years ago—army or not. “But one fact remains. People live in Camelot because they want to. The doors were thrown open for them. It’s not MY existence that has made their lives better. It’s the city and what it stands for. Even when I die, it will go on.”

He stops for a brief moment at the door to the cell.

“And you and yours are at this very moment attacking them. Trying to kill them, burn their houses, extinguish what peace they have long struggled for. I won’t let that happen.”

He frowns. It’s quite possible he’ll die on the throne. There may be no happy ending. There rarely is for men who try to change the world. Still…

“It doesn't matter where my story ends. I'm going to make sure my people have that happy ending. Maybe one day you'll understand.”

And then he takes off, running at full tilt away from the circle.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+1)[7]

Jake Wallace’s Story:
    ‘The King In The Skies’

As Jake rushes down the corridor he reaches a steel walkway overlooking what appear to be turbines in a massive chamber, likely in the lowest levels of the complex

“HELLO KING!”

Booms Baron Samedi from the end of the walkway outstretching his arms dramaticly

“You think no one was watching the cell boy?! You haven't been in the big leagues long! We cover our bases!”

He points his cane towards Jake

“Have at thee Monsieur!”
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Jake Wallace
    The King in the Skies

He ran down the corridor, intermittently checking whether or not his boots would function. He just had to get out of the range of that spell. He ends up running onto the steel walkway before he is accosted. Jake’s eyes snap up from his boots to Samedi.

“Great. Another one.”

Jake readied Excalibur, getting into a combat stance. Then, just on a hunch… he tested his boots again. The ethereal wings glowed ever so slightly. Jake grinned.

“Actually… Maybe some other time, Bond Villain. I’ve got a war to win.”

Jake then stabbed Excalibur forward, piercing the fabric of reality and opening a portal. It was the ability he gained when he first came to Camelot, and it would get him back there. He quickly dove through the portal, appearing at a place he knew very well-- the skies over Camelot.

The King is back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full round action to do an extended range teleport. Max distance is 200,000 miles. He picks Camelot, a place he’s intimately familiar with. Free action to close the portal behind me.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

Ashley's eyes do their best to "follow" Isiah as he warps across the area. She is a little jealous of his powers as well though she can hide them better than Red One. Ashley has yet to master the art of being able to teleport without a medium but she feels close now. She can teleport other people away, she just might be able to pull it off sometime. For now however, she is stuck here. She is amazed that Faith has become an agent of AEGIS. Back when she was brought in to FLI, Ashley had sent her old classmates (barring Robert and Jake) letters on if they wanted to join her. They all didn't respond or apologized that they would not be able to. At least in Faith's case, she has had a good reason not to join.

As Isiah offers her to sit down, she nods as she takes a seat on one of the comfortable sofas. "Considering what I just saw, it's hard to believe that you aren't a part-time information broker who knows the answer already." She speaks in a more casual tone as she keeps herself from giggling after her comment. "But what is it you'd like to ask or tell? My family... Or rather, my aunt and cousin, are doing well. And there hasn't been much new since everything that has happened at the Academy. Until now at least." Five years has indeed been a long time since everything that has happened and now Ashley may be getting an early high-school reunion... Just not in the way she had expected.

"...Speaking of family..." Ashley is a little afraid of asking this. Her tone shows how nervous she is about asking. "Isiah, have you heard of anything from Germany? My parents are still back there for all I know, so..." She isn't sure how to finish her sentence. She doesn't really want to anyway.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Faith Winters
    The Agent

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    He looks back at Faith. Hello, by the way. Mind telling what's going on?
    In an entirely unprofessional manner for an agent of AEGIS to be acting, Faith through her arms around the neck of her old friend in a whirl of blonde hair and hugged him close. "Oh my god! Are you okay? He came here looking for me but- what did he do to you?" the words began spilling out of her mouth. "And where the hell have you been?! Why didn't you call me? Or Ashley! Cowboy, you have some 'splaining to do!" she slapped him on the shoulder, probably not hard enough to sting, to punctuate her last sentence. Then she let him go, giving him some breathing room.

"Night!" she suddenly remembered as she fell back to her feet. "Ops this is Winter," she spoke into her wrist communicator as she scanned the skies, "I want my backup ten minutes ago!"

Going back and forth between talking to Robert and demanding reinforcements through her communicator, Faith said "Uh, better come with me, Cowboy. Another old friend is upstairs in bad shape and I might need your help carrying her." Then she began leading the way back up into the nearby building.
    Green Lantern and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

"Ambassador, in the course of my life, I have more than once been too ignorant to know that something was impossible before I did it anyway. I see no reason to jeopardize that success." - Antillus Maximus Princeps' Fury

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Bugbear in the Playground

Len Cope
    The Tyrant Rex

Len began shifting even before he hit the ground. The flying form gave way back into the Armored Rex - and he aimed to answer Cerebrus' challenge. Tooth to tooth, claw to claw.

Spoiler
    Show
    Len's Armored Rex form:
    Growth 10
    Protection 4 - Impervious 6
    Speed 2
    Super Senses 2 (scent, low light vision)
    Enchanced Feat - Crushing Pin

attack - (1d20+8)[23]
    if attack is successful, start a grapple grapple - (1d20+28)[33] and then move to crushing pin.
    Thog fan 4 life

Consul avatar by Darth Raynn!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashley Culdis’ Story:
    ‘The girl who died’

Isiah allows a forced smile

"I had Eiko, Sentient 6 and Mr. E look into a few loose threads in Germany recently. As a personal favour they looked into your parents. . . I'm not going to lie when they found them things were particularly grim,"

his smile becomes more genuine for a moment as he continues

"Mr. E had a few connections in the german magic scene and I pulled some strings with the bureaucratic locals. We set them up with cover identities and they're living happily and relatively safely outside Berlin."

At that Red One removed his Helmet to reveal his face which had oddly not aged a day since Rycon had last seen it; though hard grey veins like circuit lines ran up to his chin and the former teacher's eyes were now a golden orange with a ring of scarlet around his pupil

"I was on my way to Freedom Hall to access some files on a case I'm working when I ran into Rycon, but I'm going to stick around until this supposed danger is sorted out,"

when he talks again it is clearly directed at Isiah only

"Do you have any idea if this supposed danger to Camelot is linked to Prometheus?"

At that Isiah turns away to stare out into space through a window that was likely only a high def. screen

"The Prometheus incident was isolated."

Red One almost shouts his response

"No it wasn't! Someone is stirring up anti-post-human sentiment and you're doing. . . "

Before Red One could finish his accusation Isiah turned pointed at him and cut him off

"Yes someone is! WE ARE! We're a private non-profit military corporation! Of course people would only accept us for a time! Get used to it because things will get worse before they get better, and I assure you Red One killing Prometheus for torching your team mate won't make anyone less afraid of us. The last bloody thing we need is for you to give them a martyr."

Red One's face seemed almost the colour of his suit

"HOW DARE YOU. . .!"

Again Isiah cut him off

"I dare because I'm the head of operations for a reason, including your operation. So long as I'm in charge squads of this league will think before they act!"

Red One squares up to Isiah so they're faces are only a foot or so apart, speaking through gritted teeth

"Then perhaps my squad needs to reconsider its membership in the League!"
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

22. - Top - End - #82

Robert opens his mouth then closes it a couple times as Faith babbles at him. He'd almost forgotten what a motor mouth she could be when she went at it.

His brows furrow when Faith mentions Night and that she was in bad shape. Assuming it was the same night... well, he wasn't sure what he could do with a vampire, but he could darn well try.

"After you... pardner"

He picks up his medical kit and runs after Faith.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

At first Ashley was rather worried of how her parents were doing. Considering how things in Freedom City are, "particularly grim" is generally considered VERY grim. However she learns a moment later that her parents are safe; new identities and all. Ashley gives a sigh of relief as she hears about it. "I'm so glad to hear that; neither of you have any idea..." With them safe, maybe Ashley might be able to see them again some day.

Ashley didn't have time to daydream however. Within moments Red One and Isiah started going at it over events and names she has never heard of before. Prometheus? Anti-post human sentiment? Torched teammate? With the conversation heating up quickly, Ashley realized she would need to ask such questions later. For now she needed to intercept this argument immediately.

"ENOUGH!" Ashley's voice cries with frustration as she stands up. Hopefully it is at least enough to get their attention. Even if she has respect for both adults, she doesn't hold resentments for when they need to be put straight. "Red One, Isiah has a point. You can't just take revenge for a fallen member without considering the consequences! If doing that only proves the murderer's ideals, your fallen comrade's death would have been in vain!" She looks to Isiah next, not letting him slide. "And Isiah, just because you have control of keeping people from acting does not mean that you can keep them on the sidelines until everything is present! Does it matter if the event is isolated? Information only goes so far; too much planning and nothing gets resolved until it's too late!"

Now Ashley begins chastising both. "And both of you know better than to argue at each other and risk this entire organization to fall apart! If either of you do not know what to do, find a midway compromise! Do both of you believe we resort to violence? Do we not pleasantly try to convince others that the villains and their ideals are wrong? Did you both forget that we prioritize the people over the villains? I don't care what personal issues haunt you both, but don't let it get in the way of doing what is right!"

With that, Ashley sits back down now out of breath. Her tone is now quieter but resolved; she is very satisfied with saying all that. Getting yelled at by the more wiser people when she was younger definitely knocked some sense into her mind. "...Now if both of you are finished arguing, please explain to me what the hell happened."
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-20 at 03:46 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

As Faith and Robert rush upwards towards the room where Night and the web of information was left they throw open the door to the room where night had been left and

*FERROOOSH*

Faith, and even Robert, are blasted to the ground by the force of the backdraft as they open the door to the now burning room. The room is so engulfed in flame that even taking a step inside means almost certain death.

Both Kismet and Professor Minotaur had seen natural fires before, even on a rare occassion saved people from burning buildings, but this was not a natural fire. Someone had used the distraction of Ragnarok to burn this room and it's contents as thoroughly as possible to the point that the whole empty apartment block was likely to burn to the ground. It was possible the pair reasoned in a moment of paranoia that this had been initial reason for Ragnarok's attack.

At that thought the sound of AEGIS choppers and trucks can be heard on approach to the building. Better late then never.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anything else before a tiny time skip?

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative Order:
    Sauros: Unharmed
    Cerebrus Rex: Injured 3 <- You are here
    The King: Unharmed?

Opposed Grapple Check: (1d20+31)[33]

Cerebrus Rex Wins the grapple as on a tie during an opposed check the character with the highest modifier wins.

Jake Wallace & Len Cope’s Stories:
    ‘The King In The Skies’ & ‘The Homo Sauros Rex’

As Sauros descends on the Saurian terrorist he is only barely forced off as Cerebrus Rex finds his footing on the edge of the castle. Suddenly above from a hole in time and space appears the King, returned to the skies of Camelot.

Cerebrus Rex realises he may be out gunned. . . possibly. . .
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-07-20 at 03:58 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative Order:
    Sauros: Unharmed
    Cerebrus Rex: Injured 3
    The King: Unharmed? <- You are here

All-Out Attack. +5/-5; Attack Len; Try to initiate Grapple, if Successful Throw Len at King as an improvised weapon to end Full Action. Villain Point for additional Move Action if the King fails his concentration check to sustain flight. Use this Move action for a teleport portal below the falling King, opening and closing as a free Action, that will teleport him below the island to fall towards the City.

Attack Roll On Sauros: (1d20+16)[25]
    Opposed Grapple Check: (1d20+31)[34]
    Attack Roll On The King: (1d20+16)[31]
    Assuming these three checks are a success The King and Sauros must both make DC 30 Toughness Saves, and Concentration checks for Sauros & the King to remain flying if they are stunned or worse.

On a fail they are falling, DC 25 Toughness save for Sauros from hitting the ground and the King will fall through the portal, only having to worry about the fall if he can't fly next round.

Jake Wallace & Len Cope’s Stories:
    ‘The King In The Skies’ & ‘The Homo Sauros Rex’

After an attempted grapple Sauros pushes him away with effort. . .

Yeah, Yeah he's definitely out gunned. . .

At that Cerebrus does the smart thing, opening a portal and disappearing into before sealing it behind himself.

Ashley Culdis’ Story:
    ‘The girl who died’

When the awkward silence following Ashley's dressing down finally ends it is Isiah who explains the events

"Red One's team, including MetaSoul were investigating some Mutant disappearances around Riverside when MetaSoul disappeared. By the time we found him Prometheus had burned him to a crisp with pyrotechnics on a stage in Liberty Park. We still have no idea how they subdued an Alpha+ level mutate, let alone contained him long enough to kill him on stage. Witnesses haven't been much help either, even though there were hundreds at that anti-post-human rally,"

Isiah looks genuinely shamed, or perhaps hurt, at Rycon's outburst

"Do you need anything else before we find the others you were looking for? Any more questions?"
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-07-20 at 06:03 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

Ashley tries to keep her resolved look as Isiah explains the events surrounding this Prometheus. The moment he mentioned about how MetaSoul died, Ashley's face perks up in disbelief. She had heard of what happened at The Battle of Claremont. Some called it a massacre, others a display of other. Either way, it is something Ashley never wants to see in her life. Now suddenly, the being responsible for what happened is now dead by a hypocrite that hasn't been heard of before.

Ashley wanted to say something about it but she holds off. She is at a lack of breath from her outburst and whatever happened with MetaSoul is clearly being difficult for everyone to cope with, Ashley included. "...I don't have anything else to ask at this time. Once I reunite with my friends, I'm going to look into this event and this crime syndicate... But I'm going to try and keep out of sight of this Prometheus. I don't want to know how he can kill someone like MetaSoul by experiencing it myself. Disintegration was painful enough." Ashley shudders as she thinks back to how she was first killed. She brushes the image out of her mind as she stands up, ready to go find her former classmates. "You two keep yourselves alive as well. I get the feeling this is going to be a long week..."
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-20 at 08:16 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Canon Note: MetaSoul did his thing at The Battle of Claremont, not Event 84.

Ashley Culdis’ Story:
    ‘The girl who died’

Time passes as it tends too.

Isiah and Rycon chat when Isiah has a few spare moments when he can zip into the room where she waits for news. Sadly it is a few hours before he has anything new to add and when he does it is not something Ashley wanted to hear.

Robert and Faith were still essentially off the map. . .

And Camelot had indeed come under attack.

Isiah wasn't able to leave his station but he had at least put portals in place to safely deposit anyone who was knocked off the island during the chaos. . . or in their terror jumped off of Camelot.

Before Ashley could ask for help Red One, Green Lantern, Krag and Legacy were all nearby ready to make the jump with her. Right before they leapt through the portal

"Red Squad you have one mission, contain the threat. If any member of Camelot's upper echelons order you away you leave, no questions; we don't need an aid mission to turn into an international incident. Also we don't know who's attack so the four of you are on damage control only. I repeat damage control only. You enter combat only to protect and evacuate civilians.

Rycon, let's pretend for a moment your F.L.I. membership is something more than a technicallity, your mission is to rendevous with the King and his forces and to help him, as a personal friend and private citizen no way representing the F.L.I. Understood?"

With that the four heroes rushed ahead of Rycon scrambling into the live battlefield.

When Rycon leaped through her own portal she looked up to see the Green Lantern swoop in low overhead. She looked through the night sky to see the other four flying and leaping to the rescue of those caught in the destruction of what appeared to be robot dinosaurs attacking the floating city.

She looked forward to the end of the corridor in which she stood, beside a whole in the wall open to the night sky. Even in the dark she recognised them. . . Len? Jake?

Three out of five wasn't bad.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll your Initiative just in case.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-07-20 at 08:08 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

Ashley does her best to relax as she waits what seems to be an agonizing few hours. Knowing that her friends could be in danger while she stays here could not be more painful. When Isiah finally reported news, Ashley is set on venturing out. Robert and Faith's lack of notice did not mean as much as Camelot, and Jake and Len by extension, being in danger. She is all set to sortie with the rest of the group on arrival. She listens in carefully Isiah explains her orders. "Rendezvous with King Jake and provide him with assistance as a friend. Make no notice or hint that I am in association with the FLI. Avoid any uprise of an international issue that may come during this mission. Understood." She responds diligently and loyally as she hides her broken watch Red One gave her. One thing she has learned from Isiah is to take a look at the bigger picture... Well, usually. But she knows when to take a look beyond the personal view.

Rycon leaps through her portal quickly as she gets a bearing on her surroundings. This is her first time in Camelot; she'd need to learn the layout quickly. A quick view shows that she is right nearby her target; one is in the skies, the other on the ground... It's really Jake. Her younger classmate she knew five years ago now a royal king. His valiant and lifelong friend Len his loyal knight. Both of them seem to be doing fine but it is never natural for Rycon to leave them like that.

She blends in the night well as she quickly moves up to her old friends. Almost in talking range of Len, she notes a robotic dinosaur... thing, in the distance, preparing a laser blast straight at Jake. Immediately Rycon materializes her electric baselard and slices the robot through, falling on the ground like a heap of scrap metal and narrowly avoiding an unneeded injury to the King.

"Hail to the king, baby!" Rycon provides a smirk to her own face as she mentions the all-too-familiar line to the flying king.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-20 at 09:46 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Jake Wallace
    The King in the Skies

The long teleports are always difficult. Jumping from one place to another place miles away removes all sense of orientation and direction. Jake needed a moment to collect his bearings. And had Len not valiantly fought off Cerebrus Rex’s throw, Jake would most likely had fallen from the sky.

But because Len is a total champ, that didn’t happen.

Jake’s eyes traced the city until he found the place he was fighting Rex. He gripped Excalibur tightly and began to fly in that direction, thundering towards his alien foe only to have him disappear.

Jake halted in mid-air and shouted out to Len.

“Len! Head towards the areas of greatest resistance. Shadow’s behind this! Morgana, Rex—and Taurus himself! We need to end this now, before anyone else gets hurt.”

His voice carried far, strong, clear, and confident.

Jake sheathed Excalibur on his back.

At that moment, one of the robots was taking aim at Jake with a laser cannon before Ashley smote it with a surprise attack. Jake looked down at her when she called out the line. On any other day, he’d really appreciate that. But right now…

“Thanks, Ash. We don’t have time to catch up. Shadow is attacking Camelot. Taurus may be on his way personally. We need to get out there and save the people. Is there anyone else with you?”
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-07-20 at 09:41 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

Rycon focuses to the area of combat as Jake calls out to her. He really has grown, saving the comedy chat for later and taking his role seriously. Camelot has definitely been in good hands with these two. However Jake's news is the most uncomforting thing she has heard all day. SHADOW is back after being driven out. She, Jake, and Len have been targets already; no doubt Faith and Robert were also attacked... Ashley hopes that they are alright. Hearing that Taurus is coming here is the worst of it. Why would he come and assist SHADOW when he was at war with them previously?

Yet again, no time to ask why. Right now Camelot is in need of being rescued. "I haven't heard back from any of my other old classmates. It's just us and whoever from Freedom City that sees what is happening here." Like Isiah said, Rycon needs to keep her contacts and information hidden for now. She can hopefully explain what is happening later.

"Mi'lord, let me come with you. It's best to stick together; just like old times, right?" She winks as she confidently awaits the orders of the King.