Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Penguin in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: RaynnVerse: The Revolution IC

Robert Asterion

This was it, isn't it

It felt like every bone in his body was tearing at that moment, like every muscle was screaming sore, like his body itself was yelling at him to give up and stay down. He could feel his mind begin to fade and wander... he wouldn't be up for every long. Time to sleep...

But then out of the corner of his eye...

"ASHLEY!"

Still had work to do.

Robert drags himself over to the queen of lightning, his medical kit ready...

Spoiler
    Show
    Hero point to remove stun. Robert is currently disabled and staggered.

Move action to move over to Ashley.
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2012-07-23 at 04:36 PM.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Diego Torres
    The Sixth Ranger

Diego gazes around the area, on the lookout for those in need of assistance or external dangers in need of pummeling. He looks down at the smoking crater where Alpha stood. "Big cabron took one hell of a beating, huh?" He says jovially in the general direction of the others, apparently assuming Alpha down for good. He floats over closer to Ashley and Robert. "Say, she gonna be alright, tauro?" He looks down at Ashley's barely conscious form, rubbing the back of his neck.
    Blogging is beneath me.

Hence it's here in my sig.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Save vs. DC 32: (1d20+18)[20] Reroll: 38
    Toughness Save vs. DC 34: (1d20+18)[26]
    Toughness Save vs. DC 35: (1d20+18)[30]

OoC: Hero Point to Jake to reroll first Save.

Hero Point: to Kismet to remove Stun.

Alpha Centurion is now Bruised 5.

"AAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH."

As Jake lunges in flight his blade come up in an arc and crimson flies up into the air. As the King takes a step back he sees a ling red line running down along the Alpha Centurion's face

"How Dare You Mark Me You Ignorant Little Child! I Will TEAR YOU IN HALF!"

At the distraction of being insanely pissed off at our good monarch the dinosaur hero of Camelot clamps down his flaming jars on the monstrous brute. He roars as he rips himself free of Sauros but the damage is most definitely done!

Cast aside, the wreckage descending from the helicarrier crushes him for an instant before he throws it to the side, barely, covered in the blood of himself and others and pock-marked with bruises and cuts.

"GOD DAMN IT WHY WON'T YOU B******* DIE!"

With that he Slams his hands together and the world explodes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hero Point to Jake (Picked at Random)

Power Stunt Shockwave off of Super Strength.

DC 35 Toughness Save for EVERYONE, as you're all within the cone, DC 30 Reflex save to half the damage to DC 25 Toughness Save.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-07-24 at 04:20 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of
    The Rise, The Fall, The Lost, the Found, The Departed, The Origin, The End, The Return & The Truth

Now GMing
    The Revolution & The Reign

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

Banner made using Avatars created by Kpenguin & Myself

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jake Wallace
    The King in the Skies

Jake and Len keep Alpha Centurion in melee, harassing him with fang and steel while Faith twists the very fabric of reality in an effort to put this monster down. But Jake knows what’s coming when AC spreads his arms wide. Jake grits his teeth and stabs his sword into the ground, holding on for dear life when the shockwave booms and erupts.

It buffets him, but he’s able to hang on. A phalanx of spectral knights draws down to his aid as well, forming a shield wall to take off the brunt of the assault. It results in Jake having a head-ache… but still being ready to fight.

He doesn’t expect to win this. Or even to live. But he hopes he can take Alpha down with him.

Jake wastes no time making speeches. The warrior in him has taken over. He uses one of his signature moves, flying directly up as he slashes with all his might, hoping that he carves Alpha down the middle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full all-out/power attack. (1d20+12)[28] DC 32 no-save damage if successful.
    Aegis: the Invincible avatar by kpenguin.

Check this spoiler out for the happiest thing ever!
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Save: (1d20+15)[23] vs. DC 32
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of
    The Rise, The Fall, The Lost, the Found, The Departed, The Origin, The End, The Return & The Truth

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

6. - Top - End - #126

Jake Wallace
    The King in the Skies

As soon as he reaches the crescendo of his rocket upward, he takes his blood-coated blade and then slashes downward, letting out a battle cry as he gave it everything he possibly had.

Years ago he didn't know he had this in him. But he does. Perhaps he always did.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hero point to surge. Same attack! (1d20+12)[30] DC 32 no-save damage. Let's have at it!

EDIT: CRITICAL HIT! DC 37
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-07-24 at 09:49 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Roll vs. DC 37:(1d20+14)[27]
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

8. - Top - End - #128

Robert Asterion, the Heir Apparent

"That's what I'm about to find ou-"

Robert moves as quickly as he can to shield Ashley from the blast. He can feel every inch of his body vibrate from the shockwave, the blast reverberating through every muscle and bone. On another day, it might have left a dead bull. On another day it might have flown him a mile away.

But today Ashley needed him.

He grits his teeth and once the shockwave is gone, he moves his hands quickly and precisely. The entire body is shaking, from pain, from exhaustion, from anxiety... but not the hands. They had to be steady.

Spoiler
    Show
    Extra effort to be able to do a full round action.

Medicine - (1d20+12)[20] - DC 15 to revive Ashley from unconsciousness

"I'm sorry... I took so long... to come back...

He falls over. Just as Ashley's eyes begin to flitter open..
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2012-07-25 at 08:20 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashley Culdis, Jake Wallace, Len Cope’s Stories, Faith Winters, Robert Asterion & Diego Torres' Stories:
    ‘The girl who died’, ‘The King In The Skies’, ‘The Homo Sauros Rex’, ‘The Agent’,‘The Heir Apparent’ & ‘The Sixth Ranger’

Boom.

As the King collides with the monster who had been he and his allies greatest challenge in years the shockwave is enough to force the Alpha Centurion to go flying backwards.

He stands, stuck within a crater he'd created in the castle wall he had been knocked into. He is bloody, wounded and not far from death. He spits blood on the ground of Camelot

"I've. . . ugh. . . got to admit King. I underestimated you, but it . . . uhh. . . doesn't matter if you kill me. Doesn't matter how many time you save your precious city... ugh. . . the Supreme was willing to release me just to bring you down. That means he won't stop. . . ugh. . . the Supreme won't ever stop . . "
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

This was a mistake; a complete disaster. Rycon was just supposed to help her friends take down an invasion. What happened is that she and her friends met Robert's other father and after a moment of hope, they are suddenly crushed. It all happened too fast, one moment Alpha Centurion is being bitten by Len; next moment Rycon finds herself in the middle of a crater. Even thinking about trying to move is killing her mind. She blacks out over it all. The pain is... Familiar; the physical pain is all too familiar. She has experienced this before. In the blackness, she subconsciously begins imagining a figure in front of her. He was the one that caused such familiar pain before.

It is blurry, but the figure slowly comes clear... That face; that hair; that smug, angry looks of a man who Ashley has been a thorn in his side for so long and disintegrated her in revenge... Mike... Timelock. His image becomes almost clear now. A moment later he fizzles out like the rippling waves of the water. Another image takes his place. Even when the image is fuzzy, Rycon recognized it immediately.

A moment later, she could see the Queen of Blood vilely grinning at Rycon. In Ellen's left hand she raises up a dead and bloodied body; a body all too familiar. The image made Rycon think back to what happened; the nightmares that came from back then have not gone away yet. Rycon did not want to revisit the Underworld where those she knew and have died exists. To head back there would be a horrifying experience. And yet... It looks like she will be...

A different, familiar voice seeps out in the distance as the image disappears. A few moments later, Ashley hears the sounds of the present as she wakes up. Her body is still in serious condition but at least her life is still her own. Opening her eyes, Ashley could see the carnage of it all. Yet... She could see Jake and Faith standing, a badly injured Alpha Centurion smashed against the walls. Len is knocked out, a hero Ashley doesn't know next to her, and Robert... Robert...?

...Robert lay unconscious next to Ashley, an open medical kit close by. Looking at herself, she sees that the minotaur treated her wounds. Doing her best, she gets on her knees and moves over to check for a heartbeat.

Thank god he still has one.

"Robert... Damn it. I Screwed up." Rycon struggles to even move her mouth under her pain and injuries as she whispers to her unconscious friend. "Thank you for coming back..." She looks at the new hero. "Hurry up out of here," she says in as demanding a tone as she can get in this condition. "I appreciate your assistance, but get out of here before you go too far down this rabbit hole." She didn't expect Peregrine to listen, but she would try nonetheless.

Ashley struggles to stand up, looking at the injured villain on the castle walls. "The Supreme?! You refer to..." She hesitates as to not hack up blood from her mouth. Her guess here is a huge blind leap, but she had the feeling she was right. Even if she only heard of his name once, she bets that once and it's single connection is all she needs to say.

"...Prometheus?!"
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-25 at 08:50 PM.
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Faith Winters

Faith lurked off to the side just slightly, her hand on her ear, subvocalizing into the pickup taped to her throat that she'd switched to on the way over. Even someone with super-hearing would have a hard time as she asked a simple question, "Sir, I have an opportunity. Seeking kill order." while looking straight on at the Alpha Centurion. Her powers were primed, ready to go, and ready to finish this. They had one shot to remove this threat forever, and every ounce of her training said do it.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2012-07-25 at 09:20 PM.
    Green Lantern and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

"Ambassador, in the course of my life, I have more than once been too ignorant to know that something was impossible before I did it anyway. I see no reason to jeopardize that success." - Antillus Maximus Princeps' Fury

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

12. - Top - End - #132

Jake Wallace
    The King in the Skies

Even defeated, Alpha continued to monologue. He had a higher master, Supreme. Apparently this person or being was the head of the New Crime Syndicate. They had shown that they were less like organized crime, and more like a sweeping force of evil. Pure evil. They had sullied Camelot, killed its citizens. They had made good people suffer.

Jake advanced towards Alpha as he spoke, walking with calm steps towards the most powerful foe he’d ever faced. Excalibur nearly pulsed in his grasp, an extension of the righteous fury that dwelled within the heart of the King.

He said that the Supreme would keep coming. That he’d attack over and over again. That he’d never stop.

As Jake stood before Alpha Centurion, he looked his enemy right in the eye.

“Neither will I.”

He then raised Excalibur and struck down on the Alpha Centurion. Jake intended to kill him, and end this darkness once and for all.

The slash strikes Alpha, the legendary blade cleaving through his torso at a diagonal angle. It staggers the villain enough to Jake to thrust Excalibur directly through his chest, to pierce the villain through the heart.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-07-25 at 09:50 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133

Robert Asterion, The Heir Apparent

Meanwhile! Robert remains unconscious.

14. - Top - End - #134

Len Cope

Len felt his teeth sink into Alpha Centurion, conjuring burning dragonflame into the wounds. Somehow, after all the damage they had done, Alpha Centurion wasn't finished.

The shockwave is enough to lift Len off his feet, and the energy sends tremors though his body, rattling his bones. He tries to stand up but finds his body won't listen.

STAND UP

He sees Jake standing face to face with Alpha Centurion again.

Stand up

Jake moves for the attack, putting everything he could into his attack.

stand up...

Len's vision goes dark, and the last thing he sees is Excalibur drawing blood.
    Thog fan 4 life

Consul avatar by Darth Raynn!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Diego Torres
    "The Sixth Ranger"

The shockwave erupts across the battlefield, but in the nick of time, everyone's favorite falcon ducks behind a piece of shrapnel, blocking himself from any harm. As the dust clears, Peregrine ignores Ashley's plea to flee, eyes going wide at seeing her conscious. "Chicka! You're awake! El Tauro ain't looking so bueno though..." He swoops in low over the two injured heroes. "Looks like cabron's got a bit of an anger management issue, si? I hope the monarch over there can-" He goes speechless as the kill delivers a seemingly final stroke, the color of Alpha Centurion's blood shining reflectively in the moonlit night.
    Blogging is beneath me.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashley Culdis, Jake Wallace, Len Cope’s Stories, Faith Winters, Robert Asterion & Diego Torres' Stories:
    ‘The girl who died’, ‘The King In The Skies’, ‘The Homo Sauros Rex’, ‘The Agent’,‘The Heir Apparent’ & ‘The Sixth Ranger’

At Rycon's comment the Alpha Centurion looks up and seems about to say something of undeniable importance. . . when he gurgles and bloods runs down from his mouth along his throat.

The Alpha Centurion dies, his lungs filling with blood and his superhuman heart shredding itself on Excalibur, he dies painfully. . . and slowly.

His flesh cracks, with black and crimson energy shining through. Soon his flesh begins to rot away at an accelerated rate, dry and brittle. After a few moments the man is nothing more than a burnt black skeleton with an Omega symbol burned into its skull.

Jake pulls back his sword and the remains tumble to the earth.

Sauros and Professor Minotaur lie unconscious, Rycon isn't much better. The King is visibly hurt, with the Peregrine and Kismet to his sides. The sounds of battle fill the air but somewhere deep in the city Cerebrus Rex' sensors tell him he best depart as their secret weapon falls, Morgana & Baron Samedi sense the same and merely teleport away, leaving the zombie legions to crumble to dust. The other heroes on the island take down Ragnarok barely, long enough to contain him anyway, for now as he tries to slay escaping civilians. A.E.G.I.S. brings in Blitz III with practiced ease.

The tide of the battle turns in the favor of the good as the undead knights, super spies and livin knights outnumber the dinorobots. Soon the city will be free.

The day, at least for now, is saved.

It is at this moment that Hope stumbles out of the wreckage.

"Jake? Are you okay. . . ?"
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

Ashley watches Alpha Centurion try to mention something before his life ends at Jake's hands. The visible and immediate decaying shocks her as she sees the villain disintegrate before her eyes. It is a horrific sight to be but frankly it's better than watching Camelot burn to ashes. At the very least, Camelot is saved, Alpha Centurion is dead, and a few of the other villains are taken captive.

As things wind down, Ashley walks over to Robert's unconscious body. She is rather battered and torn up but has enough strength to at least keep walking. She is going to need to head to a hospital one way or another; preferably with Robert and Len in tow. "Hey, Robert?" Her voice is soft and exhausted as she goes on her knees beside the minotaur. "Come on, wake up. We did it..." She does her best to smile as she realizes everyone got out alive. Len may be down, but she knew he wasn't one to simply get killed like that.

Ashley checks Robert's heartbeat frequently to make sure nothing unexpected happens to him. Despite the victory, she still worries a bit about her friend. "Jake!" She calls for the King who is probably busy with the new woman who just appeared. "Can you patch us up? We'll need to visit a hospital anyway but we could use the ability to stand." Ashley's legs are still in great pain; she can't even get on her feet with them by this point.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-26 at 06:47 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Diego Torres
    "The Sixth Ranger"

The Peregrine flinches as Alpha Centurion falls. He's seen people die before, but it's not enough to make it something pleasant, it's never enough. He looks forward and back across the fields of Camelot and, seeing only one or two remaining robots, breathes a sigh of relief and drops to the ground. He brushes off his harness and wobbles uncertainly on the solid floor. Those who observe him will notice a distinct lack of grace on the ground relative to in the air, and that Peregrine looks rather ungainly.

He lopes over to Robert's unconscious body and kneels down. "El Tauro gonna be okay?" He asks, looking up at the others in turn, though avoiding Jake's face. The advanced circuitry of his helmet, meanwhile, scans their faces and accesses any information readily available on the internet. An instant message pops up from a friend, but Diego swats it away like a fly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well-Informed checks galooooore~
    Ashley: (1d20+12)[30]
    Robert: (1d20+12)[25]
    Len: (1d20+12)[17]
    Faith: (1d20+12)[28]
    Blogging is beneath me.

19. - Top - End - #139

Robert Asterion walks to the deli. He decides to order a club this time. He had it from a friend that the club was delicious. He sits down at the table, staring out the window in thought until the sandwich was ready.

He takes a bite out of it. Yup, definitely worth it.

Oh, wait, no. None of that happens. He's still unconscious.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

For a moment, Ashley ignores Peregrine as he swoops down to her and her friend. The new hero's nickname to Robert makes Ashley give Peregrine a sneer. "His name is Robert!" Her sneer quickly fades as she realizes she yelled at someone who helped their group earlier. "...His body is ravaged worse than mine. He has a stable heartbeat but he's out cold. We'll patch ourselves up at the hospital once the King bothers to use that blade of his for something other than killing people and raising others from the dead." Ashley clearly descends into a snarking mood near the end of her sentence.

Ashley's eyes drift from Robert for a moment to look at the new hero with curiosity and a bit of frustration. "And who are you exactly? We appreciate the help but I'd like to know where in Spain did you come from." She notes his age, much younger than anyone else here. "Are you a Claremont student?"
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-25 at 10:55 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Faith Winters

"Wow...I mean, nevermind, command. The decision's been made and executed..." Faith subvocalized again before she went to Jake. She putt his non-sword arm over her shoulder in an effort to help him keep his feet.

"Damn, Jakester. Hail to the king, indeed." Faith gave him a big grin. "Look, you probably know by now, but I joined up with AEGIS after high school. We've got relief teams with doctors and supplies, food, temporary shelters for the sick -- all ready to go if you'll allow them onto the ground. Can I tell them you gave the go-ahead?" she asked softly, not wanting to advertise anything to the others. The King was in a delicate political position and if he had reason for refusing outside aid she didn't want to make a thing of it.

"Ambassador, in the course of my life, I have more than once been too ignorant to know that something was impossible before I did it anyway. I see no reason to jeopardize that success." - Antillus Maximus Princeps' Fury

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142

Jake Wallace
    The King in the Skies

Jake has had to kill before. Usually it was something like a vampire, but rarely if ever a human being. Even though Alpha was a monster, he had a chance to be good at one point and threw it away. It’s why Jake tolerates Morgana/Molly so much. There was a chance. But not with this thing. It tried to kill him, his friends, and all of his people. This was necessary.

Soon, there’s nothing left of the Alpha Centurion. The mistake that the Freedom League made all those years ago was now fixed.

Jake stands there for a moment, bloodied and battered by this godlike being. He stares at the skeleton on the ground until Hope comes for him. She asks if he’s okay. As he stands in the aftermath of a great battle, where his people have been harmed and friends lie wounded on the ground… he answers quietly, almost with a whisper.

“No.”

Faith runs over to him and helps him stand up a bit taller. She jokes, but right now he doesn’t feel like joking. She makes the offer to bring people in. Considering the devastation, he has no choice. “I authorize it, but AEGIS jurisdiction is limited here, okay?”

He stands up on his own, thanks Faith, then turns around, going to each of his friends, one by one, healing them with the light of Excalibur.

Spoiler
    Show
    In whichever order you guys post up! Healing check with +10. Total healing on all of you guys.

“I also need to find the other knights and organize relief efforts.”

He’s concerned for his friends, but he has Kingly duties to attend to. Still… he glances to Hope, who had been calling out to him. He offers a small smile, putting on his best face. “Are you okay, Hope? Kind of a bad time to meet, huh?”

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Diego Torres
    "The Sixth Ranger"

Diego again rubs the back of his neck. "Aye... that doesn't seem good for the big guy, no..." He looks up at Ashley. "Sorry, didn't mean any offense to him, senorita." He sticks out a hand to shake, yellow metal of the talon gleaming in the moonlight.

"El Peregrino, Peregrine." He says. "Saw the fighting all the way from the Barrio, on the South Side. Thought I'd come help for what good it did." He looks over at Jake. "So that sword can do more than just kill enraged asses? Good to know." He stares for a moment. Suddenly, without taking his eyes off Jake, he addresses Ashley.

"Claremont?"
    Blogging is beneath me.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Hope replies to Jake, looking around, worried and scared

"Did I cause this? Did they come for me?"
    Loki Avatar by Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Former GM of

Now GMing

The Raynn-Verse:
    'Some Dreams Never Die'

25. - Top - End - #145

Robert rolls over and shakes his head as he awakens. He looks and stands up, brushing himself off. He looks around for Alpha... then sees the skeleton with Omega stamped on its skull. He then sees the bloodied sword that revived him

Did we... did we win?

The bull's nostrils flare. He can smell the ash and rubble, the blood and toil, the death and destruction.

"Nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won" he quietly intones, then picks up his medkit.

There was still work to do.
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2012-07-25 at 11:33 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

Len Cope

Consciousness returns, and Len rises back to his feet. Taking a quick look around, he sees that the battle is over...Jake had finished the fight. Len shifts back to his human form.

"Holy S&^*, you did it!" he exclaims, giving Jake a high five. "Booyah!" he laughs, all smiles, though inside his emotions were slightly conflicted. As First Knight, he should be there with his King until the end...and he was not able to fulfill his duty in Camelot's greatest hour of need.

He looks around at the devastation and sighs, smile leaving his face. "There's going to be a lot of work to do..." he trails off as a strange girl...who looked remarkably like White, walked up to Jake.

"...White?" he says on impulse, and then shuts his mouth, realizing he probably shouldn't have said anything.
    Thog fan 4 life

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

As Jake comes over, Ashley watches Robert get up from his unconscious slumber. There is something Ashley should say to the minotaur, like "Yes we won" or "I'm so glad you're awake." However any attempt at speaking flees as Robert gets to work with his medkit and his sophisticated line.

For a moment Ashley says nothing, then she looks to Peregrine, who has introduced himself. "Peregrine," she begins in a more formal tone befitting an FLI member. "Again, we appreciate your help, but I'm going to tell you now that I think this is going to get worse before it gets better. That leaves you with two choices." She points her left hand out to the south, where Peregrine came from. "You can fly out, forget the foreshadowing and circumstances that happened here, and live a superhero life that isn't plagued by our situations." Ashley extends her right palm out to the hero. "Or you can stay and assist us, learn everything that we will be investigating into, and run into new dangers and risks that may haunt you for the rest of your life, as it has happened with the rest of us already."

Ashley gives out an honest, if slightly cunning, smile. "What will it be, El Peregrino?"
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-25 at 11:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

Jake Wallace
    The King in the Skies

“It’s Excalibur,” he said to Diego, as if that were answer enough.

Hope asked if they came for her. He shook his head at her. “They came for this city. They fear what it is, and what it can be. It’s not your fault. I promise.”

No. Jake reserved all of the burden of this for his own shoulders.

Robert was the first to be healed by the glowing golden light of Excalibur. The blade itself was a gift of goodwill to all mankind. It could heal the pure and slay the wicked, and had done both this evening. “Thank you, Robert. Please, help whoever you can.”

He then moves on to Len, healing him. Len, his First Knight. His truest and most loyal friend. Jake didn’t know that Len felt conflicted. Jake thought Len had fought with everything he had. Without him, without them all, the fight would have been lost. “I couldn’t have done it without you. All of you, really.” His friends.

Len thinks Hope is White. It’s understandable. Jake shakes his head. “No. This is Hope. She’s new. We’ll all get better acquainted later.”

“There’s a lot of work to do, guys. People are still out there, scared and hurt. We should get to it.”

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149

Len Cope

The smile returns to Len's face as he claps Jake on the shoulder and he turns to the rest of the team. "Ashley! Robert! Faith! And new guy!" he says, going to greet them all in turn.

"You all laid it on the line with us. Thank you." he says in a somber, serious tone.

“There’s a lot of work to do, guys. People are still out there, scared and hurt. We should get to it.”
    "Alright sweethearts you heard the man and you know the drill! A**holes and elbows!" he says, trying to bring some levity to the situation before heading out and helping the citizens of Camelot.
    Thog fan 4 life

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Faith Winters
    The Agent

"Lenny!" Faith spares a minute to greet her old classmate in turn, giving him a warm hug. "I'm bringing in the cavalry, hun. Can you let the defenders know not to shoot any incoming AEGIS transports?" she asked with a tired smile. "Jake gave the go ahead."

Giving Len a squeeze, then breaking the hug, she put a hand to her ear. "You get all that, operations? We've got the go ahead for disaster relief." she reported, looking around sadly at the devastation. "Better bring the search and rescue teams, too, while you're at it."

Spoiler
    Show