New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Green II

1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Little Green II

His next priority is to go find the ghostboys' crystals and free them.

Spoiler
    Show
    ... wow, I was NOT expecting that.

Are you sure that the hp isn't a typo? Double-check to make sure that 56 is a reasonable number for the thing's hit dice and stats.

also remember that if it gained +4 to its constitution, that boosts its hp while the con boost lasts. Not good for its long-term survival, since the damage sticks even with lower hp afterwords, but useful for getting through the fight.

EDIT: don't get me wrong, I don't object to surviving in the least. I'm actually glad of it. I just want to make sure it's because I earned it.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-08-27 at 04:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

nop, not a typo... it has 12 hit dice but no CON bonus... the darkness +4 is mostly to rolls, not stats... so it has normally +17 to hit but in darkness it has +21... etc...

it is actually 'only' CR 9 but in a very nice situational setup...

In bright light (daylight+ spell or actual light) it actually has -4 to everything!

The vile damage is a 'nice' trick also :D

As you pass by the place were the creature died you find a small box made out of corroded steel. It is otherwise unadorned but it is locked.

You also find a small gem of no value in the room where the creature attacked you and you do indeed see the anguished face of the second halfling child...
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ugh, yes. That means my CE little dragonboy's gonna have to get some consecrated area set up to heal him...

He's gonna head to the temple to Solaron!

Oh, btw, if Ish would like to go talk to the disciple of Minrhet, the temple to the twin gods Solaron and Minrhet are connected by a corridor with a tower in the center.

LG picks up the box and uses his sonic breath to smash this gem as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    btw, does that mean both ghostboys are free or do I need to hunt down the other's gem?
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #244

You have now destroyed both gems. The spirit of the ghost escapes and disappears.

Spoiler
    Show

The ghost are effectively destroyed... for now. They will 'respawn' near their reliquarries in a few days/hours.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Well, so much for the minions. It'll take them far too long to re-manifest for them to be useful to me here, but I'm sure Jana would like us to go back and collect them when they reappear. LG thinks to himself. He'll activate the healing belt three times to patch himself up before going back to shadow monster's room and poking around.

(2d8)[6]
    (2d8)[10]
    (2d8)[10]

6. - Top - End - #246

Despite the festering wounds and vile essence rushing through you, magic IS enough to combat these effect and many of your wounds close.

After a long time spent searching you figure out that the room holds nothing of value. Everything that might have once been here has been destroyed by the ravages of time or by the Shadow Demon who was trapped here. The armors are rusted, the books are crumbling, the weapons are blunt, the gems are glass.

The only treasure this creature seemed to hold dear, or unable to destroy, was the one in the steel box.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ... what steel box?

LG grabs the steel box an heads over to the crystal fruit tree chamber and readies himself for whatever bloodcurdling monstrocity tries to kill him next.

8. - Top - End - #248

Quote Originally Posted by Monodominant View Post
    [SPOILER]

As you pass by the place were the creature died you find a small box made out of corroded steel. It is otherwise unadorned but it is locked.

You also find a small gem of no value in the room where the creature attacked you and you do indeed see the anguished face of the second halfling child...
    This place has five strange formations in it. Each appears similar to a small tree, its trunk of shiny black near the base but then becoming a shade of color as it grows upwards, until finally branches, twigs, and leaves are of brighter hue.

From left to right you see:

• opalescent black tree
    • deep green tree
    • metallic crimson tree
    • indigo blue tree
    • smoky purple tree

Each tree has globular fruit-like growths hanging from its branches. Although the trees themselves vary in color as described, the fruit of each is the same lustrous black.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Tempted to just raze the whole thing, LG will climb up the nearest tree and touch a fruit.

10. - Top - End - #250

The fruit appears to be firm and ready to be plucked.

Spoiler
    Show

Be careful in this room...

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

With absolutely no intention of eating it, LG will pluck the fruit, fire rumbling with his mouth ready to burn things.

12. - Top - End - #252

You pluck the fruit from the tree (the mettalic crimson one which was the closest) and... nothing happens.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

LG will climb down from the tree and walk out of the room. If all this happens without incident, he'll then throw the fruit back in the room, aiming to deface one of the other four trees with the red tree.

For some reason, he doesn't trust how he's been completing rituals left and right for Tharizdun.

14. - Top - End - #254

The fruit shatters with no further effect.

You have not yet actually searched the room though.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

His paranoia getting the better of him, LG will repeat the process with a fruit from each tree. If nothing happens, he searches the room.

16. - Top - End - #256

You have gone through the opalescent black tree also with no results and are now cutting a fruit from the indigo blue tree.

This time though the fruit reacts strangely. It smells much nicer and the black colour becomes a healthy indigo blue.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Tired of following the ritual, LG stops and says, "listen, Tharizdum or whatever is listening, I'm tired of going through your rituals. All I want to do is kill the night hag that lurks around here somewhere. If you'll tell me where it is, I'll go kill it and leave. Otherwise, I'm leveling the place."

18. - Top - End - #258

It perhaps comes to no suprise to you that you receive no answer from the TRAPPED Mad God...

The fruit though does seem pretty appealing...

Spoiler
    Show

Thats not me pushing you to eat the fruit by the way... its me describing the effects of it... its by no means irresistable but it is very inviting.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

"Typical, you don't answer me any more than Tiamat. One of these days I will have a reckoning with you distant figures. Then you'll learn better than to ignore the little guys!" He says, mostly just frustrated with the whole situation.

He'll collect one of each fruit.

20. - Top - End - #260

One more fruit takes the color of its tree when in your hands and that is the smoky purple one. The rest remain black.

You get a short of negative vibe though when you hold the indigo blue fruit and the smoky purple one in the same hand.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

LG will re-gather the three fruits from the trees that didn't light up.

22. - Top - End - #262

You know have 6 lustrous black fruits and will soon be unable to tell from which tree they were exactly if you do not specifically segregate them as they look very similar to each other.

You also recall that for whatever reason the statues that were animating in the main room of the first level of the undertemple had different colors depending on the aspects of Thardizun they represented.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

LG will destroy all the fruits that cannot easily be told apart, not really wanting to risk getting them mixed up. He's getting very tired of summoning aspects of Tharizdum.

Rather than continue trying to figure out what he's "supposed" to do with the fruits, he being to physically attack one of the trees, the blue one.

24. - Top - End - #264

Assuming you use your sonic breath, as it is made out of stone, you slowly but surely destroy the blue tree.

It does take a good long before it is completely destroyed but it lays there in ruin with the fruits also smashed or ruined, but you manage it in the end.

The one remaining indigo blue fruit in your arms is still indigo blue.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Feeling ameliorated about that, LG will pick the three fruits he need to complete the color pie, making sure to distinguish between the trees whose fruits appear the same. He'll then start off by eating the blue one.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

glitchbuster!!!

27. - Top - End - #267

Spoiler
    Show

What would you say is the primary attribute for your class? As in Charisma/Int/Wisdom etc...

Also roll me a fortitude save.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    CON, definitely con.

if it HAS to be a mental stat, the CHA is #2, as its invocations are tied into it.

fort - (d20+13)[33]

If I find out there was a way around this without eating the fruit...
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-09-04 at 10:39 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269

Spoiler
    Show

Well I associated LG with a 'caster' class given that the class is warlock based which fits very much with a caster.

But if the primary stat (not the one you like, the primary of the class) is indeed then CON it is :D

You feel a potent taste as you eat the fruit. It has a strong taste and is very sweet. The seed in the middle is a small and blue as is the actual thing.

Its juices run on your chin as the coughing starts. The potency of this blessed bounty given by Tharidzun takes your organism by suprise and you fear an overpowering urge to scream and laugh and cry.

As the initial system shock subsides you realise you are crying bloody tears mixed with a thick indigo blue liquid.

The experience though painful has left you with an increased vigor and will for life.

Spoiler
    Show

You suffer 15 points of damage (because you saved, its 30 otherwise) and also gain 1 permanent Constitution point.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Breath weapon is all based on CON. His invocations, when they call for a dc, are CHA based. Since breath weapon is kinda his primary class feature, that's the one I'd count.

At least I gained something for my troubles. He thought to himself.

He'll go ahead and eat the red fruit next.