New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pirates of the Aether

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh my, is that a Nat 1 on the Search check... hope Kieran doesnt have anywhere else to be for a while...

Now if only I had the time to actually put up a real post. Check back for the edit folks!

The library is massive. You see staircases leading to second, third and even a fourth floor. It stretches for hundreds of feet back, and the way the shelves are built, you aren't even sure you are looking at the far wall. It's the kind of room you could lose yourself in forever.

Or at least a few hours. That is how long it takes you find a section of books, charts, and reliefs. Sadly however, after another hour of searching, the only map you can find is hundreds of years old. It predates the Lifting.

But it also happens to clearly mark Lake Vareal. It is a couple of hours to the north. With a horse, you just might make it there by dusk.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2012-08-17 at 10:23 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    sooooo what's going on in the market?
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I have a post up for it on the previous page. It's one or two posts from the bottom of the page.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Arryl coughs then says "Unfortunately that only puts us at about 100 above our labor and repair costs, which doesn't even include the price we paid for this, or the price for our next shipment. We just came from the palace and talked with the royal chef. He was very interested in our supply, which should give you an idea of the quality we have." he makes a show of flipping through his book and scratching a few numbers down before saying. "We understand that the palace has more funds at their disposal, but if we can get another 200 from you, you will not only obtain this valuable cargo, but we can begin unloading immediatelly and use our own crew to do it. That saves you on hiring anyone which should free up even more coin for you to keep on top of what you'll make selling this.

Then he leans forward almost like he was sharing a secret. "You could probably even sell it to the castle since I can garantee their interest. With a modest mark up of course."

Spoiler
    Show
    oops sorry I missed the post
    Do I get a circumstance bonus or anything?
    Diplomacy (1d20+8)[26]

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

The merchant scratches his head a moment, then pulls out a set of keys as he walks into his shop. He returns a minute later carrying a large chest. Pulling out his keys again, he picks one without hesitation, and opens the chest.

He opens it enough to draw out a large leather bound ledger, and goes over some figures.

Finally he scratches out a note, signs and seals it, then attaches another seal to the outside of the letter. "Take this to the merchants guild. It's value is one half your price. You will get another letter when I recieve and inspect the goods."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Arryl bows and flares his wings a bit. "An honor doing buisness with you sir. Ill make sure that your my first stop next time I have any produce for sale." he takes the letter and shakes the mans hand, then begins walking away. Once they are out of ear shot he says "Now we just collect this, and send a message to the ship to begin off loading. Then we can sell the Aetherlite for pure profit." He smiles happily at the thought of what that money can do for the crew.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Pixie in the Playground

"Lynn"
    "You're a good trader, Arryl. This gold can make our ship sailing for another bit, the captain will be happy. Let me handle the message."

Taking ink and quill, Lynn starts to scribe on a scroll, using Erin's back as support.

Take ALL the fruit chests to the market, we sold it for 2700 crowns. Tangerine will identify the merchant.
    L.

After the writing, he puts his seal on the bottom of the letter. The wizard folds the message, and then ties it to his familiar's foot.

"Take it to the warehouse keeper of our ship, he will know what to do. And then, guide him to this stand: after this duty you can wait for me in my room in the Lady's Gambit, i have some other business to fulfill"
    He says to his magpie. The bird croaks in sign of understanding, and after that, he flies in direction of the dock.

"And now, let's manage the Aether. We also have to go to the merchant's guild, we can ask to them."

Lynn hans't a lot of experience in the trading of aether, but he still tries to guess the price of the material that they have to sell.
    Spoiler
    Show

Appraise check =)
    (1d20+4)[14]

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

The merchant's guild first. Lets get our gold stored, and then worry about further business. Selling the aetherlite right now would probably stretch the crew too thin. I don't want to leave the ship undefended. We'll need to hire some carts to take this all to the market.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

'Hmm. It's certainly quiet in this Library. Peaceful.'

'Well, looks like I'll have to put off tha meetin' with the Oracle fer tonight. It would be difficult t'make it there in time, unless...'

Kieran has an idea.

'Well, not the best afternoon'.

Kieran leaves the library, and finds a servant.

'Could ye gather any of me crew that may be about the castle, please? And take this message fer any who show up after we leave.

Kieran pens a quick message, telling any crew who arrive later that he's gone back to the ship and will return in the morning.

I'm afraid I will not be able t'enjoy yer hospitality fer the night, but I will return in the morn. I've t'consult the Oracle'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

Those of you who made the check (dc 15):

In the market, a shadow crosses over you. Looking up you see it is Captain, Princess Reya. Erin, you thought you saw a gawkdog for just a second, but it was just a puff of cloud.

In the castle, you hear guards calling out that the princess has almost arrived and to fetch the Magister.

She is approaching the castle, and her bier is starting to come down towards the surface.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2012-08-19 at 12:15 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

Kieran walks out through the castle grounds, and looks about for any of his crew as he does. Then Kieran heads out of the castle, heading for the market and the Lady's Gambit

The King's second message said to come alone, but I see no reason why I can't have the Gambit drop me off nearby, then return to port. It'll simplify picking up one of Captain Reya's dresses, too.

Spoiler
    Show
    Look for other members of the crew
    Search (1d20+1)[13]
    Spot (1d20+1)[7]
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

A messenger comes running up to you bearing a messenger comes running up to you. He bears a message from the ships quartermaster. The message tells that the fruit has been offloaded, and he is awaiting further instruction.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

"By the light of the protector..." Arryl mumbles as he presses his holy symbol to his lips. "I'm not sure if it is a miracle, an omen, or an illusion, but whatever it is this shouldn't be." he says without glancing up again.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

I agree; this isn't right. I saw the captain die, and we sent her body to the winds. The quartermaster can handle transferring our payment the ship. We clearly need to get back to the castle.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

15. - Top - End - #345
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rok

*Wandering through the open halls, Rok hums to himself, horribly off-key as he admires the craftsmanship. He really didn't know a thing about stonemasonry or metallurgy, but he still liked to look at the results. It was pretty.*

*As he moves along, he eventually finds himself in a small garden, open to the sky, and he smiles - as much as he admired the craftsmanship of the building around him, the sweet sight of the garden is truly something he can appreciate. A small bit of nature, protected by the massive stone walls.*

*stepping gingerly, he moves to the center of the garden and lays down on the soft grass, enjoying the smooth scents all around. The acrid tang of humans still hung in the air, but it was muted. Dulled.*

*Staring up at the sky as the light shifted above him, he smiles and relaxes. There was surely work to be done. Probably something needing smashed, but that made his small vacation all the more enjoyable.*

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Kieran takes out the message that the messenger had brought, then reads it.

'What? I dinnae give any such orders! This mus' be Arryl, Maia and Erin's doin'. I told 'em to return once they had a price. Hmm...perhaps they got a good deal and had to move fast. Well, I'll have to ask them, aboard the ship, or when I get back'.

As Kieran walks back through the dimming sunlight of the late afternoon through the busy docks. Kieran arrives at the Lady's Gambit

'What ho, men! Prepare t'cast off - we're goin' on a short trip. I plan t'return t'port in the mornin, after which perhaps ye can all get some leave! Now have any o' the officers checked in, and what's this about the fruit bein' unloaded?'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

"Sur? We got the message from masser Arryl to offload the fruit to a vendor in the city. We was told we got paid for it."

Other men snapped to work as Kirran gave the order to shove off.

At the castle:

Guards hurry to a courtyard, where by chance Rok happens to be laying, cloud watching. A minute or two pass, and then the bier floats down, coming to rest on the soft grass. A loud screeching announces the presence of the silver hawk perched atop one of the balloons. Within the space of a breath, the bird was shot by three of the guards, their Sargent yelling to have the bird taken to the kitchens. Then four robes figures appear, cutting the balloons free of the bier as they lift up Princess Reya and start carrying her inside.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

"Let's hurry and get this metal sold, I think we should hurry to the palace and find the captain..."

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

'Veray well. I'll speak with him about it later. Dinnae cast off just yet. We'll wait t'see if eny of the officers got the message'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

"I suggest we look into some kind of armorer, I'd like to look into getting some raw materials so that I can ply my trade. Captain wanted me to do something with his sword, and without material, I can't do anything."

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Whilst the men are getting the ship ready, Kieran goes to the Captain's cabin.

A bottle of Raiten Vineyards wine. I have that, well enough. One of the Captain's dresses...

Kieran looks for the dresses in the wardrobe.

'I should probably redecorate - looks strange with all these pastel colours - taking meetings in here'.

When he's finished looking out a dress, Kieran puts it on the bed, then heads out on deck.

'Quartermaster! I require a flint and tinder, please fetch one from the stores - and some fuel fer a small fire'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

22. - Top - End - #352
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rok

*Rising quietly as the balloons and beir come to a rest in the gardens, Rok steps out of the way of the workers, his large brow furrowed at the recent developments. He wasn't the smartest man in the world, but the odds of the winds carrying the Princess all the way here to this garden were such that it should have never happened.*

*How then? How had she been brought here? Was it chance, or was it possible that there had been some guiding hand? Was there some divine force looking out for her body, her soul?*

*Folding his arms over his chest, he stares down at the grass for a long while, thinking about this turn of events. If there were some guiding force that had been watching over the Princess, why would it not do more? Why would it let her lay dead, rather than bringing her back?*

*Looking up at the sky, he frowns. I've never had to speak to a God before. I hope they're understanding. He takes a slow look around to make sure he's alone before speaking quietly to the sky.*
    "I don' think I've ever had reason to talk to the sky before, but I'll just guess that you're listening. Don' really know how this works, but thank you. She deserved a proper rite."

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

The metalsmiths have closed, to mourn the passing of the Princess. One of them has a sign out front. "We apologize, but we are closed to attend the funeral ceremony."

A messenger approaches Arryl bearing a sealed scroll. As you open it, you read the following message.

"You may not be of Serazi, but you knew my daughter as well as I, perhaps better. It would please the Court greatly if you would attend. Have this messenger direct you to King's Landing. You will be able to witness the entire ceremony from there.

"Signed in my own hand,

King Serazi, Ruler of Silver, Guardian of the Dawn, Seeker of the Lost."

Spoiler
    Show
    One little note: I am bringing your timelines into sync with the funeral, so if anyone has anything to do before Kieran departs with the Lady's Gambit, now is the time.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

24. - Top - End - #354
    Pixie in the Playground

Lynn
    "Well, it seems we have some time before we can end our trade, my good friends. I have some business to do at the castle's library,we'll see each other in the evening."
    Saying this, the wizard return to walk across the streets of the city, returning to the castle and searching for the library. He knows he will not have a lot of time for his searches, so, before looking himself, he'll ask to the librarians for a complete inventory of the books (searching mainly for unkknown history books, book of folklore and books about magic) and magic scrolls.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

"Magic? I am sorry sir, but the Magister keeps all that in his tower. As for the history, some of it is restricted to royalty, but I can point you to what we have." The scribe leads you down corridors, up a staircase, past more rows of books, up a second stairway, and leads you past tables and shelves filled with books, each of which has at least one person working over open books.

He finally stops at a shelf. It contains one series of books entitled, "A Brief History of Serazi (Abridged). It is 612 volumes long and each volume, after a quick inspection is well over a thousand pages long.

"I didn't think you would have time for the complete version, sir. Besides, it is in its own library on the other side of the castle. However I believe this will contain everything you may need." He smiles apologetically.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

The King's Landing is a large open air balcony overlooking the main courtyard. The king himself is already there, waiting for all of you. As the sun prepares to set, a lot of people from the city begin filing into the courtyard, standing, waiting for the ceremony to begin.

The courtyard is vast, and you estimate that almost everyone in the city could fit inside. Its only other distinguishing feature is a statue at the far end.

The statue is one hundred feet tall is is lavishly detailed. It depicts a warrior, sword held high in a defensive pose. Every fold of his garment is depicted, his bladric stands out, and the statue has a scabbard for the massive stone sword. Which makes it even odder that the man has no face. Hair sweeps back from the statues head, making it plain that this was how the statue was carved. Very odd. Three words are inscribed in ten foot high letters. "DAWN WILL COME"

"Darkness falls." A voice intones from above.
    "We await the dawn." The people reply.

A bell tolls once, and Princess Reya is carried forward to the feet of the statue. The people clear a path for her to be carried forward. Her silver gown flows out, sweeping over the crowd in the slight breeze blowing from the north.

"Darkness looms." The voice intones.
    "The light will return."

The bell tolls again, and the princess is laid at the feet of the statue.

"Long ago, the Pact was born."
    "Our lives are His."

The bell tolls twice, and you see the head chef, dressed in dark silver robes and bearing a staff stride forward.

Behind him another man carries the silver hawk. They reach the princess, and the boll tolls a third time.

"She goes to him now."
    "That he will return to us."

The hawk is laid next to the princess. The head chef begins to chant, and he raises his staff overhead as both ends begin to glow a dark violet.

The sun has almost faded entirely when the light from the staff reaches out to encase both the princess and the hawk.

"We send you forth, child of the Pact, that You may bring him home."
    "We send you forth that we may all be saved."

The hawk flaps its wings. Its eyes open and its beak opens but no sound emerges.

The princess stirs. She raises her hand to the chef, who helps her to her feet. She walks to the hawk. The hawk swells as she nears, growing to twice its size. Kneeling at the birds side, she caresses it beneath its beak, stroking its feathers, and the bird continues to grow until it is as large as a small cabin. The bird hunkers down so Reya can climb onto its back.

The bells tolls again. and the words on the statue glow a bright golden light.

"The Dawn will come."
    "The Dawn will come."

The bird flaps its wings and lifts into the air, carrying with it the princess.

Swiftly it flies, towards the final rays of the setting sun.

As the last light of day fades into darkness, the bell tolls one last time, and the crowd begins to disperse back to their homes.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Arryl stands in awe of what he has just witnessed. "Ive got a few things i would like to ask the king about...." After the ceremony he tries to find an audience with the King

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

The king stands at the edge of the landing, overlooking the ceremony.

When he turns to greet you, you see he has been weeping openly. And still is.

"Yes, child. What can I do for you?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

"That was the strangest and most beutiful thing i have ever seen. The service we gave her aboard our ship didn't do her justice, and im glad that she was given a proper ceremony." He shuffles his wings and looks about nervouslly. "Although it does raise quite a few questions.... Did she really come back to life? and what did the words of the ceremony mean? Im a bit of a scholar, and ive never even heard of anything like that happening without extremely powerful magic."

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

"We are bonded to the fate of this world. That bond leaves us with responsibilities. If your captain went to see the Oracle, he will be able to answer that particular question better than I can right now. As for whether she came back to life, yes and no. We were able to bring her soul back to her so she can journey to the realm where the Arbiter waits. It is the duty of the princess of this realm to help the Arbiter keep his sanity. That is where she will find her eternal rest. By his side. As it was and shall be until this world is dead."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!