New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Pirates of the Aether

Grym kneals doen and picks up Melanie in her arms. "Barty's right. we've all had a bad week. Especially this little one.", Grym says lifting Melanie up. Captain, I am most gracious for your hospitality, but I think we could use a little rest away from lurking dark things. No offense beastling." She looks at Rok and gives him a sly smile. Manners, Grym, you must always remember your manners. "The name's Grym by the way. The pleasure is mine."
    Last edited by theskorpionking; 2012-12-04 at 09:35 AM.
    "I am the monster parents tell their children about at night.". - Loki

Loki avatar by Comissar

2. - Top - End - #662

Rok

*As the wounds close and the little thing hisses, Roks hand doesn't waver, though he does jerk his head back a bit, his eyes narrowing. Like a viper, it would seem - fast to strike out, and unpredictable.*

*When he was finally done, he stands slowly, giving the air a slow smell in the direction of the little thing, the Grym, his nostrils flaring as he does.*
    "Not beast. Man."

*With a pause, he reaches up to wring one of his horns and shrugs almost sheepishly.*
    "Most man. Not beast."

*Turning to Kiernan, Rok raises his hands up to rub at his temples, his eyes half lidded.*
    "Cap'n? Want Rok toss? Dey look tired. Rok tired. Rok toss later, yes?"
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.

3. - Top - End - #663

Grym shifts the still form of Melanie in her arms. Her ears were tilted backwards. Due to her protectiveness over Melanie, but also due to the fear of what she was getting herself into. "I meant no disrepect, gentle being. We've had a very rough few weeks. Perhaps you could show us to a place we may rest?"

Loki avatar by Comissar

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

Barty

Barty says "Is she alright?", hoping to earn some points with Grym. He mentally berates himself. "The hell are you thinking, Barty?!" He sighs. He's spent far to long trapped on the surface. He files his misbehavior under 'admiration for a fellow warrior', and hopes to leave it at that. He doesn't have time to be distracted, right?
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

5. - Top - End - #665

Grym's tail is hooked as she looks over at Barty and and purrs when she sees that he's concerned. "I wish I knew."

Loki avatar by Comissar

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

Aimari is silent as the people from the surface come aboard. The battle had ended just before she had begun to open fire, which was a bit disappointing. It was certainly an unusual group. Some kind of cat-person, a young girl, a bat rider, another man and...an undead. Interesting.

Seeing Rok continue his charade, Aimari cannot repress a one-sided smile. It was wonderful, how convincing he was. It seemed like the group was interested in staying on the ship. It would be quite enjoyable to get to know what they could do. The girl, interestingly enough, seemed to have some of the stronger hate of them all. Aimari doubted they knew the truth, though...foreigners were almost always deluded about the true state of things, even when they wielded power themselves.

The outburst of the small bat rider is strangely amusing. Saved them? It would have been within Rok and Maia's powers to keep away from the demons for long enough for the ship to come into range. Then the demons would burn. It was that simple.

"Captain, perhaps this group has gone through the area we are going towards. They may have experience fighting the forces of the Destroyer," Aimari whispers, turning to speak to Kieran. Rather than simply whispering like before, she taps him on the shoulder to get his attention and stands on her toes so she can speak into his ear. One could never be too careful with foreigners on the ship...

Then again, they were all foreigners. But the crew she knew already didn't count. They were fine. So far.

After a moment, Aimari turns her attention back to the girl in the arms of the short cat-woman. With a quick glance, she determines that she clearly isn't suffering from external injuries, so...

"Ahem. Foreigners, your small friend seems to be fine. She is merely suffering...mmm, what's the name? No strength left," Aimari says after a few more moments. While she didn't generally find a use for it, she had been trained in such things. Besides, it was annoying listening to foreigners jabber about their ally in their foreign tongue.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2012-12-04 at 11:22 AM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

The glowing light begins to pulse from below, bright as the noonday sun.

Your engineer says something to the crew at the helm, and the Gambit starts gaining altitude again. You have been rising for only a few seconds when a you fel a thunk from the lower hull.

Anyone who looks over the side can just barely make out your scoutship reattached to its moorings.

"I, uhh. Well, now. I think I may have ta' rework the controls a we bit. Tha's me though. Always thinking eveyone else jus' knows things. I'll get 'er working proper. An' get ya a real manual or somethin' for 'er."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

8. - Top - End - #668
    Troll in the Playground

"Who are you calling a foreigner?" It was enough that halflings get pushed to the edges of society by these giants but to be told that he didn't even belong here was just too much. Sure Bell had travelled a long way to avoid the pirate captain who wanted to flay him alive but he wasn't speaking in dwarven or anything foreign.

Just then the ship lurched and as the grapple brought the damaged scout ship back up. He saw a few of the sailors wobble or pause to adjust to the motion, trouble with being so big, he though. "Anyway," he continued, "what are you doing here? Our ship was lost, that's why I was away scouting when those monster demons attacked it the first time. Are you lost? Is that how you found yourself here in this burnt out land?"

"You're quite a mixed crew anyway, elves, humans, some sort of minotaur. Do you have any other halflings? he adds hopefully.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #669
    Titan in the Playground

Barty

Barty notes Grym's uncertainty, and tries to smile reassuringly. He fails, and a meek smile is shown. "How about you? You got hit pretty bad out there."

He addresses the quiet... uh, he knows what this is, but isn't sure. "Thank you. I did not catch your name. I am Batholomew Scrounger." He extends his hand for a handshake. A less sincere, but certainly brighter plays against his face.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-12-04 at 11:47 AM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

10. - Top - End - #670

Rok

*The beast-man shuffles back and forth from foot to foot for a moment before finally shrugging and taking a couple steps over to the cargo-hold grate and lifting it clear with one hand.*
    "Not Mino-tar. Man. Rok. This -"
    *He makes a vague gesture with one hand around his face.*
    "not... rrrmm. Not Rok. No. Yes? Here -"

*Pointing to a set of steps that lead down to a rather large and clean section of the hold, despite a spare cannon barrel on the floor, he shrugs.*
    "Gud place. Soft wood."

*His eyes wander over the group, and after a moment he shrugs, letting his gaze wander off up into the rigging, seemingly uninterested, though a perceptive eye would note that he continues to breathe deeply, smelling the air cautiously.*
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.

11. - Top - End - #671

"I'm better now. Thanks to Bellamy, and to... Rok was it? And, yes, I'm sure the wood is very soft." As Grym descends the stairs, she glances over to the red haired woman and mumbles, "Given time I would have figured it out."

Loki avatar by Comissar

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

Aimari decides to ignore the small man's outburst, especially since it made no sense. Of course she was referring to him, and it was obvious he was a foreigner.

Foreigners. Crazy, the whole lot of them.

Looking at the hand offered by Bartholemew for a moment, Aimari eventually extends her own, covered in shining armor. The bright red and gold are clearly polished, the craftsmanship of a quality that is clearly superior to most, even to an utter layman.

"Aimari." She says curtly, her voice quiet.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

Erin noticed the young girl...
    Erin checked his eyes, did she just, go incorporeal? He turns to Kieran again, but notices something looming in the distance.

"Captain! To the south! Something large and winged. Can you see it? Can any of you make out what it is?"

He extends his Aura of Senses (+1 Spot, Listen, Initiative) to everyone around him. As their eyes, ears, and thoughts sharpen, he points at the creature he saw.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lentrax, was there a secondary damage from whatever hit Erin? If it was at the same DC, I failed that one too.
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2012-12-04 at 10:56 PM.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

Kieran maintains his composure in spite of himself.

Rarely heard so many words from Aimari...

Kieran nods as Aimari whispers to him

'Aye lass, good advice'.

'It seems ye've had a tough time o' it Mr Saltfoot, and er...me apologies, I didnae wish any disrespec' tae yer friend'.

Kieran nods at Larry.

I dinnae ken what that is, but the sight of it makes me blood run cold...

'And please, dinnae mind Aimari here - we're all foreigners tae her'.

As Melanie collapses into Grim Kieran starts forward, face full of concern.

So young...poor lass

'Please, let our healers see tae ye, they're just below - Aimari here can show ye the way. Water's stored for'ard - see Master Merryweather - he's the ship's cook - and tell him I said tae give ye a good meal.

When ye're all fed and rested, we can talk about yer position on this ship. For now let me just say that we're....'

Kieran's cut off by Erin's remark.

'Where lad! Blast ye, lookouts, 'ware the South!'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

"Sorry, Cap'n. We was watching the ground, see if more'a the things was comin'. Orders?"

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

'Ye dinnae all need tae be watching the ground. Especially ye Tomlinson!' Kieran shouts up to the boy in the crow's nest.

'Alright, stand down yer muskets, but keep beat tae quarters, and keep the guns primed and run out fer now'.

'Lookouts, 'ware all sides, and above and below'.

'Helmsman, keep a steady course and keep climbing. If we're attacked I want the altitude. Jump tae it!'

Kieran turns to Aimari once he sees the sailors are in order.

'Aimari, lass, please help our guests tae show our guests tae the galley for some food and water'.

Kieran leans in and whispers to her.

'Keep a close eye on them...find out what ye can about them. They may be what they say they are, but some o' their story doesnae hang together'.'

Kieran turns and smiles.

'Maia, Erin, I'm glad tae see ye both back in one piece. More or less. Make sure yer wounds are attended tae by the healers. Please take any o' our guests that could use their ministrations as well'.

'After ye've been attended tae by the healers, please meet me in my cabin - and bring Master Stoneforge with ye - that engineer has got some explainin' tae do'.

Lunatic near killed two o' me crew.

'Rok, can I have a word with ye in private?'
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-12-06 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Spelling Mistake
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

17. - Top - End - #677

Rok

*Turning back to face the captain, Rok rolls his head from side to side, evidently trying to work a knot out of his neck before setting the grate on the deck slowly. No sense in dropping the heavy iron and damaging the wood.*

"Aye Cap'n."

*Moving to the port side of the ship, Rok grasps a bit of rigging and leans out over the railing to watch the ground disappear into a blur. Not what you'd call hospitable, but the strong would survive. *

*Pulling himself back with ease, Rok turns to watch the new crewmen. Passengers. They were as varied as the rest of the crew, that was for sure, but Rok wasn't one to judge on appearance. Mutiny or violence was easily dealt with, after all.*

*The small ones seemed soft - the fight had taken its toll on them, but they had stood their ground to the last, so they were stalwart to say the least. Time would tell how competent and trustworthy they were.*
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

Kieran beckons Rok to one side.

'So Rok' Kieran whispers in hushed tones, giving anyone who approaches a sharp look.

'Does this land look similar tae what ye saw on yer previous trip tae the surface?

And did ye get a good look at those things? The creatures that attacked Erin and Maia? Have ye ever seen any such creatures?'

Kieran takes a glance back at their guests.

'I ken they seemed tae fight fer Maia and Erin - but still, we just happened tae run intae survivors o' a shipwreck? Ye can see how desolate it is the chances are low. Lady's favour rarely fell so strongly. I fear at least some o' them may be the spies o' the Destroyer...or worse'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

Aimari nods in response to Kieran's orders, both the whispered and spoken. Turning to the newcomers, she gestures with one hand that they follow her, her armor flashing as it enters the sunlight for a moment before being withdrawn back into the shadow of her cloak.

Turning, Aimari begins to go down into the internal areas of the ship, staying silent as she goes. If they weren't foreigners, perhaps she would make some conversation on the way, but that wasn't going to happen under these circumstances. Coming into the galley, Aimari greets the cook with a nod, indicating those behind her with a jerk of her head.

"They need food and water," she says. Others might add "captain's orders" to that statement, but Aimari essentially never spoke to the crew unless it was to relay orders and she doubted any of them could imagine her caring about others being fed unless it was an order from the captain.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Troll in the Playground

Once they'd all eaten some food, Bellamy went to find Grym and the others, "Fancy exploring?" he asked, "I'd like to find out what they're doing here and I don't think they're going to just tell us."
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #681

Grym's eyes opened as Bellamy approached, her right hand on her pistol's grip. She released her grip as he spoke. She nods in agreement. "I'm always up for an adventure, you know that."
    She smiles. She sniffs the air and her stomach let out a grumble. "I'm starved and I'm sure the little one is too. Let me get something to eat first, then we'll search the ship from bow to stern."

Loki avatar by Comissar

22. - Top - End - #682

Rok

*Lowering his head, Rok turns his back to the rest of the crew, leaning over on the railing before speaking, making sure to keep his voice to the barest minimum.*

Spoiler
    Show

"The Black sands are a place spoken of only in secure homes, and warm hearths, and even then, only in the quietest of tones. They are the place of nightmares and monsters."
    *Moving one hand, he makes a gesture to ward off evil and shrugs.*
    "Can't hurt."

"As for these monsters - I've never seen their like. There are a great number of creatures in the deep, but nothing like that in the depths of the black."

*Pausing for a moment, he sighs and gives the Captain a sidelong glance.*
    "A scouting trip along the edges of the Sands could reveal more, but it would be dangerous - the surface always is."

*Pulling a bit of hard-tac from a pocket, Rok slips it in his mouth and snaps off a large bit before turning to look over his shoulder to keep an eye on the crew.*
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground

Aimari would normally just return to her cabin or the deck after bringing the new foreigners to food, but she had been ordered to keep an eye on them, so she stays with them. She decided that, if asked, she would tell them...hmmm. She had never been good at making up excuses at times like this, and was even worse making them seem like legitimate reasons rather than clearly half-baked bluffs.

As Bellamy leaves, Aimari follows him, deciding finally that if he asked she would say that she was here to make sure he didn't get himself lost. It would be typical of foreigners to begin wandering through a ship they didn't know and get lost just after they arrived.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Erin's favored method of healing, that is, getting tanked with Rok and letting the natural process do it's thing was currently unavailable.

Why was Rok speaking all quiet-like with the Captain? Hm... something to ask Rok about later.

Erin submitted to the healer's for healing, though he really didn't see the point. He'd seen exactly three fights on this ship, and they were all three...

Huh, they were all three after the old captain had died...

Once the healer's have healed him, he asks if they can do anything about the poison. He feels a little woozy and weakened from the demon's claws.

Note to self: Demonic claws are not desirable to have in one's skin.

Erin shuddered, it made his scales twitch just thinking about it.

I really need to find out who I used to be, maybe the old me knew more about demons.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground

Bellamy heads up on deck and makes sure that Bruce has a suitable perch and something to eat. After he's done that he starts by climbing up as high as he can and exploring the deck, fore to aft. After that he checks out each deck in turn, fore to aft again, taking note of any doors that are locked or barred. If he spots Aimari following he asks questions about the layout and function of each piece of equipment or room. The aim is to get her talking, maybe she'll let something slip.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

Barty

Barty follows Bellamy as well, but not because Grym is doing that as well. He stays quiet for the most part , but is always polite to Aimari, trying to make a good impression.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

Kieran nods at Rok.

'Hmm...good to know Rok. Thank ye, I'll bear that in mind. Glad tae see ye're better. Take it easy fer a bit lad'.

Kieran turns to the crew.

'Alright, tack about, and reverse the course, back in the direction of Serzai for now. Once we've passed away from this accursed place again we'll lay down anchor'.

Kieran heads back to his cabin and stores the logbooks, maps and charts back in Captain Reya's safe. Then Kieran heads into the sickbay, pausing near two cots where figures shift fitfully.

Get well soon my friend.

Kieran nods to the male half-elf, tending the sailors.

Must learn the new healers' names. After all, they're a part of this crew now...

Kieran makes a quick headcount to see how many are still being treated from wounds from the spellstorm. Then he checks for Erin and Maia.

'I can take yer report here, if ye feel well enough. What d'ye think of the land below, and our new guests?'.
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-12-10 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Grammatical mistake
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

Arryl burts violently into conciousness. He leans over the edge of his bunk and coughs uncontrollablly. As he gasps and fills his lungs he begins to realize where he is. "Not very often I am the one laying down on these beds." he says quietlly. He stands shakily and begins the difficult task of stumbling around the rocking ship in search of the captain.

Spoiler
    Show
    Edited my post to fit the timeline of events.
    Last edited by Vixsor Lumin; 2012-12-10 at 12:38 PM.
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

29. - Top - End - #689
    Troll in the Playground

Maia

Remember what happened last time you met a powerful stranger from the desert?

That won't happen this time.

It shouldn't have happened last time, but it did. Look at yourself and what you are.

At least one of them is filled with something that could only be described as light.

The stranger was beautiful too, and filled with light of unspeakable glory. He spoke such kind words.

...You are right. They cannot be trusted.

Maia appears in front of the captain. The land below is undoubtedly a cursed one. I do not trust those that could survive in such a place. They are either in league with those that hold power there, or of such potency themselves that they pose a threat to the rest of us.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

Kieran nods as Maia gives her assessment.

'Aye. This place is treacherous - in fact I've ordered us back from it so we can scout it from the edge. They would have tae be very strong, or very lucky, and from the way they handled those creatures, I'd say strong. Still, they did stand by ye...I'm nae saying I trust 'em, but it must count for sommat...

I've never seen any creature such as the furry one...and then there's that thing they have...it's a creature out of a story tae frighten children'.

'Speakin' o' children, I dinnae see the mage lass they brought aboard with them...I thought they'd have ta'en her here. I'll best see tae it that someone gives her water... We cannae always help our company...and it sounds as though our guests were thrown together by fate. I'll judge them each as I find...'

Kieran's about to ask Erin for his thoughts, when he sees one of the figures on the cots rise.

'Arryl? Arryl man, how are ye feelin'? Ye've been dead tae the world - it was all we could do tae get ye tae drink? Are ye feelin' better too? Praise the gods!'.

I wonder if this be a sign from the Lady...

Kieran fills a small cup with water, and holds it up for Arryl.

'Here, drink this'.

Kieran waits until Arryl takes the cup, then he turns to Maia and whispers...

'Find the mage girl, and get her tae drink. If she willnae drink, bring her up tae sickbay. I dinnae feel comfortable fer her tae be alone with tha' thing - might eat her or something. As soon as each of our guests have finished their food, bring 'em up tae my cabin, one by one and I'll see if they've got their stories straight.

Watch that they aren't left alone. I've got Aimari guardin' 'em fer now. The lass is sharp, but there's a few of 'em.. See what ye can find out - but dinnae let them catch on'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters: