New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Pirates of the Aether

Rok

*Turning to look down at Bellamy, Rok pauses a moment and looks over the side of the ship again.*
    "Fire?"

*Squinting hard, realization dawns on him and he backs up a step, shaking his head.*
    "Fire bad. Fiire Baad."

*With a lopsided smile, Rok turns back to Bellamy and scratches at the back of his head.*
    "Tought.. dunno. Magik floatie light?"

*And that's all the more thought the big man appears to give the fire, instead, he places his hands on his hips and thinks for a moment.*
    "Esplain. Hm. Bad lady-voice? Bad. Cap'n? Cap'n not bad. Well. Rok only get little drink, but! that Capt'n. Cap'n let drink. Cap'n still not bad. Bad Lady not like not bad Cap'n. So bad Lady do bad."

*Pausing for a moment, he looks back and forth between the Captains quarters and the disturbances and then nods slowly.*
    "Yup. Explained. Gud?"
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

Barty

Barty looks at rock with his eyebrows raised. Surely, such a erudite, albeit slimy, young gentleman could help the poor fellow out?

"Excuse me, Mr. Rok. Is there something you need help with? You seem a little confused."

"When you have juice running your brain, you must be. Blegh."
    Larry looks as if you might throw up. Not that wights can.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-12-18 at 02:14 AM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #783

Rok

*Turning to the other man, Barty, Rok blinks a few times and shrugs.*
    "Confused?"

*Looking between the two, he narrows his eyes, trying to get a better sense of what they were trying.*
    "No.... no. Explain gud."

*As he turns his head to scrutinize Larry, he snorts and shakes his head violently, raising one massive hand to cover his nostrils.*
    "Little-man smell bad. Need bath."

*He gags a little on the concentrated whiff of the wight and shakes his head.*
    "Smell dead."
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Titan in the Playground

Barty

Barty gives a worried look.
    "He is sick. Really sick. He needs a proper hospital or archmagus to fix him."

"Sicker than a plague-victim."
    Larry gives a toothy smile. That's our Larry!

"You can stop that at anytime. Larry obviously thinks himself a comedian. It's best to ignore him."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-12-18 at 02:17 AM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

5. - Top - End - #785

tongue Re: Pirates of the Aether

Rok

*Looking between the two men, Rok scowls, his face going dark at the turn in conversation, and his tone gets quiet - obviously bothered by something.*
    "Hospital. Healers. Gud choice."

*Pausing, he shakes his head.*
    "Magi - Archmagi. Not so good. Bad choice."

*Pointing a finger angrily out at the black sands and the earth in general*
    "That bad a choice."

"No. Healers can't fix? Then Rok fix. Tear 'im up gud and feed to critters. No lots pain."
    *Spreading his hands, he shrugs - probably the best offer they're going to get from him for 'curing' the other mans condition.*
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

Barty

Barty gives Rok a stern look.
    "No. Touch him once, I'll try please. Grab him twice, you'll have his disease. Tear him thrice, you won't even wheeze..."
    He was right, of course. Wights are very dangerous. "Euthanasia is just plain wrong, anyway." He opines.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-12-18 at 03:34 AM.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Troll in the Playground

"Thanks Rok. You're really the conversationalist and you've told me more than the others have so far." As the wight gets closer Bellamy backs away slightly. True the wight was good to have on his side in a fight but there was just something unnatural about the undead that made him nervous. Still, he didn't have to like him to know whose side he was on. "Barty, Larry. We were just discussing the relative moral stances of this disembodied voice and the magical display below. Rok here was explaining how the worst of pirates and murderers is kindness itself in comparison to the lady-voice and even the most unfair treatment is nothing alongside the kind of thing we'd expect if she succeeds in her plans. He was just about to explain her plans as far as the crew has ascertained so far, weren't you Rok?"
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

The crew is beginning to get unnerved. They at muttering about why they haven't left yet. Some are bringing the questions to all of you.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

Kieran walks out of his cabin.

'Arryl, would ye like tae come in now?'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

10. - Top - End - #790

Rok

*Giving Barty and a wary glance and more than a little bit of room, Rok nods slowly.*
    "So be. Jus halpn."

*Rok starts to smile and nod as Bellamy thanks him, but his nod slows... then stops as the little man goes on and on. He was fairly certain that the little man read a lot more into what he had said than he had said. Maybe.*
    "Plan? Bad Lady break. Break all. Simple. Cap'n, ship, Ser... Sersa... Serzai."
    *Spreading his hands wide, he shrugs slowly.*
    "Break ALL."

*As a couple of the crew approach Rok, he looks down at them - it wasn't the two men from before, but by the wary look in their eyes, he had a feeling that word had gotten around - men in tight quarters had little to do but gossip amongst themselves.*
    "Why stay? Cap'n says stay. Problem with Cap'n?"
    *He Leans down a little lower and glares, his voice soft.*
    "Problem with Cap'ns oders?"

*After a moment of silence, he stands straight and thumps one of the men heartily on the back and bellows out loudly, for the crew to hear.*
    "Hold fast! Rok keep safe. Gud sailors hold fast."
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

Arryl walks into the captains room and closes the door behind them. "Sir, it would seem that not only are we bound to sail the skies of lands were not familiar with, but forces beyond our control are hell bent on striking us down while were at it." he begins pacing the room slowly and running his fingers through the feathers on the top of his head. "I think that, given that circumstances have labeled you the saviour of existance, its time we think about your safety. I have no doubts that everyone on this crew would be more than willing to give their life for you, but they are busy and have jobs of their own to do. I think it would be in everyones best interest if you had a dedicated bodyguard. And, if youll have me, i would nominate myself for the position."

He stops pacing and sits in one of the chairs facing the captain. "As a servent of the Protector it only seems to makes sense, wouldnt you agree?"
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

"We ain't got no problems with his orders, Rok, we's just getting anxious is all."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

13. - Top - End - #793

"They have every right to be anxious. We've been on ship for awhile. Then all this happpens." Grym gestures to the light coming from the surface, "I think we should follow it. Or at least leave. Who knows what kinds of beasts may attack us up here."
    Last edited by theskorpionking; 2012-12-19 at 09:35 AM.
    "I am the monster parents tell their children about at night.". - Loki

Loki avatar by Comissar

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

Kieran thinks for a moment.

'Well, I'm touched by yer concern Arryl. Whilst I'm aboard ship, I'm nae too worried about me safety - there's ye of course, an' Rok, Maia, Erin, even Aimari...'

'As tae the prophecy, I have an inkling the Gods will see it fulfilled one way or another. I suspec' their original tool was tae be Cap'n Reya. I recognise somethin' o' the light about yon lass Melanie. Aye, sent tae help me indeed, but I reckon if owt were tae happen tae me, then she would become their instrument'.

Kieran's expression darkens.

'I'm nae about tae let that burden fall upon her...

'Alright, Arryl, we'll make ye me bodyguard, but yer power is one o' the few things that can keep this crew whole. There may be times when ye will need tae be away from me, or tae use yer powers fer others. Dinnae think I'm necessarily more important than any other in the crew - I think the Gods have plans fer them as well...even that thing whatever it is...'

Kieran smiles.

'Well, was there owt else? Or shall we see what we can do about this spell?'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

Barty

"Yeah, I'm ready to jump in whenever. It looks like this is about to get a whole lot worse if we don't handle it quickly."
    He looks around. "Now, where is the Captain when you need him? Now doesn't seem like the time to be with lawful Dragon-folk and the like."

16. - Top - End - #796

Rok

*With a nod, he smiles to the crewman speaking to him.*
    "Aye - little scared. Hold fast, man - Cap'n see us through."

*Looking over at Grym, he sniffs the air slowly, repetetively before folding his arms across his chest.*
    "Beasts attack, we kill. Simple. Cap'n say soon - stay, go. Not matter."

*Tilting his head slightly, he rocks back and forth from one foot to another slowly, trying to get the full measure of her. She held her shoulders straight - she looked confident and capable - the callouses on her hands told the truth of her capabilities.*
    "And you - dangerous one. Hmm... you hunt?"
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

Unless Arryl speaks up, Kieran heads back on deck.

'Look alive men'.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive on crew (1d20+2)[10]

Kieran turns to the guests.

'Some of ye may wonder what has been goin' on, what this spell means, and why we were out here in the first place. I think yon lass already kens it well, but so ye ken too'.

'We were followin' the prophecy o' a certain messenger. It has been foretold it is our destiny to oppose the mistress o' these lands - a powerful and ancient mage, who appears tae be bent on the destruction o' the world'.

Kieran observes the newcomers to see what their reaction is...

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive (1d20+2)[5]

'Well, since our scout craft is disabled fer now...Master Saltfoot, I believe ye mentioned ye were a scout. Can ye take a passenger with ye? Would ye be willin' tae take a closer look at the ritual?'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

Larry Wight

He attempts to look alive.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[9]

Barty

"Lady Grym, if more beasts show up, I will slay them as I have before. Do you have a reason not to trust me or my skills?"
    Barty gives a confident smile. Despite his life pulling heists, his talents were in combat.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Troll in the Playground

"Aye, Aye, Cap'n," Bell had served on many a crew and understood the importance of orders. "Bruce can carry about 350 lb and maintain a steady flight. I prefer to keep his weight down to half that so he doesn't tire too quickly. Even dripping wet and fully armed and armoured I'm less than 50 lb. Who do you have in mind?" He nodded over at Rok and grinned, hoping the giant would get the joke. "They'd need to tie on though. The saddle only sits one. Oh and if they can wrap up warm or have some sort of protection from the wind and cold that would help."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Large creature with 17 strength so a light load is 172 lb, a medium 356lb and a heavy load is 520lb SOURCE

The saddle weight 25lb and Bellamy weights 33lb plus 25.5lb of equipment
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

Arryl nods his thanks, having expected a greater argument. Then he follows the Captain out and takes his place at his shoulder.

21. - Top - End - #801

Grym smiles at Barty, "Not yet Barty, not yet." She turns and looks up at Rok. "Hunt? No, I'm a fighter. Trained by the best, or so the sign above his door says." Grym laughs at her own joke.
    "I am the monster parents tell their children about at night.". - Loki

Loki avatar by Comissar

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

'Hmm...I'm thinkin' o' havin' a closer look at the spell. If I ride with ye Master Saltfoot, I believe Arryl and Melanie could accompany us jus' tae be safe...d'ye think he could perhaps carry Aimari as well?'

'After that, we'll head back tae port and resupply - also there's a certain lady I want tae ask a few questions.'

'Shall we go now?'

'Maia, are ye about? Ye have the deck. Command structure is Maia, then Rok, until I return'.

Kieran gathers Rok, Maia, and Erin, if possible, and says quietly.

'If owt happens tae me, recover the survivors, then head tae Serzai. Me successor should speak with the King - ask tae speak tae the Oracle, and take Melanie with ye'.

Unless there are any objections, Kieran begins to tie himself on to Bruce and Barty.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Rope (1d20+6)[8]
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

23. - Top - End - #803
    Titan in the Playground

Barty

Barty stares at Kieran as he ties a lousy know around his arm. "Okay...? Is there any reason I am being tied up?"
    He looks around confused.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Troll in the Playground

"Bruce can only carry one other person really. Maybe two for a short distance. Unless you can shrink everyone down, make him bigger or stronger or something he'll never manager to carry five people." Bellamy thinks for a minute, "If you could levitate them or put them of a floating platform or something he'd be able to drag them along on a rope. It won't be comfortable but it'll do."

Spoiler
    Show
    Help with the rope. Aid Another (1d20+3)[16]
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

Barty

"Really? Can you guys stop it? I can get down safely myself."
    He looks around indignantly. He had once said to Grym that he would like her to see him tied up, but this wasn't what he meant.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OoC: Ooops...

'Umm, just practising'. says Kieran sheepishly.

Untying himself from Barty and Bruce, Kieran carefully ties himself on to Bellamy and Bruce.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on use rope.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground

"With all due respect sir, I'd prefer to be on the ground with you. Whatever is down there, you'll need my strength and my auras. Similar to Arryl, I can bring allies back from the brink of death itself given time. Besides, I can bring myself safely to the ground, and at the least Maia or Bellamy, but possibly even you Captain. Without magic. Besides, the last Captain died while I was away. Can't have you doing that too."

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Erin can carry 153 lbs while gliding.
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2012-12-20 at 07:51 PM.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm... I can't carry anyone down, let alone back up. though I can take care of myself in both directions." Then to Kieran he adds "I wouldnt be opposed to Erin coming. More never hurt anyone."

29. - Top - End - #809

Rok

*Standing back a bit while the others figure out who is going to be checking out the occurance, Rok doesn't say much as they get their plans figured out. Truth be told, he wasn't fond of the idea of dropping down into some magical ritual - the others could likely learn more about it than he could anyways. When Bellamy mentions being smaller, Rok starts and reaches into a pouch to pull out what appear to be several small beans, one with a sprout.*

*Tossing the sprouted bean over his shoulder, he holds his hand out for the others to see.*
    "Small? Rok make small. Beans."

*As he likely gets a couple disbeleiving stares, he rolls his eyes and holds one of the beans up for the others to see before he pops it in his mouth and crunches loudly.*
    "Magic."

*Standing for a moment, he waits... and waits... finally looking down at the beans, scowling before eating another, his voice slightly irritated.*
    "Rrrr.... man say magic..."
    "I'm back baby!"
    - B.B.R.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ogre in the Playground

Kieran looks at Rok, with a bemused expression on his face.

That's goin' a bit far tae keep up the facade...

'I dinnae doubt ye'd be helpful Erin, but I want ye with Maia, on the deck, protectin' me crew. We will nae go all the way doon, I'm just plannin' on takin' a quick look. Arryl, Melanie, Master Saltfoot, and Aimari should be plenty - Arryl and Melanie can fly, and the rest o' us will ride on this fellow'.

Kieran indicates Bruce.

'We willnae be a moment'.

Once everyone's ready Kieran tells Bellamy 'We just want to swoop closer, if we can'.

Then Kieran calls out to Arryl and Melanie.

'Arryl, if ye keep tae our right, Melanie tae the left, and follow Master Saltfoot's lead! Everyone ready?'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters: