Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Map of Matriath:


    You are all gathered by nationality in front of the large pavillion where the Lords of the Coalition are still in there
    final meeting before the annoucement. Those who are either refugees from destroyed or occupied nations are gathered off
    to one side.
    The warm mid-day sun is glearing down, tempered only by a slight breeze off the mountains before you.
    The noise of all those gathered is almost deafening as warriors, wizards and champions from all through the realms grow
    restless of waiting.
    Finally after an hour of standing around there comes a blaze of trumpets, a roll of drums and cries of men and women as
    the leaders of the armies of the Realms exit the large tent, walking up onto the platform so as to be seen by all.

    "Greetings to all" calls out the young Elvish High King, his voice magically amplified to carry to each and everyone of
    you. "We wish to thank you for being patient with us, this has been a very trying decision for us to make. For it is to
    a select few of you that we rest the hopes of all our peoples upon. It is a decision we have not taken lightly."

    Stepping up beside him the Queen of Evenreach, the largest of the Human kings still fighting against the hordes of
    the Devil Wizard and his followers, her white hair messed by the wind, says in a voice still as soft and smooth as it
    was in her youth, "To those of you who we have chosen go the hopes and dreams of us all. It is with regret that we can not choose you all for this duty, but doing so would weaken our armies to an extent that we would not be able to hold the Hand's forces back. I now call upon Lian'Tahlruamy to annouce the selected."
    The Elven King holds out his arm for the old Queen as they desend from the platform. As they reach the bottom another elf takes their place before you, this one older and all in black, he looks out over the gathering and in a clear, strong, gruff voice he says, "The selected are as follows. Draynor, Verossa Carmine of Otorin, Halabur Balaban the Gnome, Raif Clearsight, Dame Eleanora Worthe of Stonehold vassle to Lord Fernard of Autumnstar and finally, Daranand Zophokeil. To those who were not selected, count yourselves the fortunate. The chosen six meet at the pavalion, the rest of you, go back to your units. Dismissed."
    With that he leaves the platform.

    Now the announcement has been made people all start to discuss it, some agreeing with all the selections even though they have no idea who these people are, others calling out that they should have been chosen instead.
    Belkenstair, High Steward of Saltmist storming after the Elven general, claiming some mistake had been made before his voice is drowned out.
    Slowly soldiers, sorcerers and other candidates start to return to their own camps. Soon all that is left before the platform are the six who carry the weight of the Realms upon their shoulders.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-07-14 at 12:33 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner stands there, hood taken back, his black hair and red eyes cleary visible in the sunlight, the glint of chain comes out where his cloak parts down his middle. You can't see any weapons on his back or at his waist. Overall he isn't too different from the average human, but he is younger than most people who would apply, you can tell he is less than 20.

    I-I can't believe I get to help, I get to destroy them, this is serious, but I can't help the anticipation Drayner seems to be shivering a little, before he takes a deep breath and looks at the others around him.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-07-14 at 01:30 AM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "So many of the proud, the free, gathered in one place." murmurs Verossa, her eye playing up and down the Elvish king. "Just one Blasphemy-", then something registers. Me?Me?.

    She takes a step forward and, somewhat guiltily, jerks to parade attention. Then realises many are now looking at her in an expectant fashion. Well, give him a show.

    "You heard the words! The names! Now see the steel!" Cold iron, really, but that would spoil the scansion. She draws her glaive and holds it aloft, feeling a little silly. "The sun is bright! The ravens are hungry! There's war to be made! My friends! Is not not a good day to be still alive?" She sidesteps next to the eldritch-looking chap. "Your cue to look like the smart one", she whispers.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner smiled at the person whispering to him, Entheusiastic, good, this should be fun!. "We will end the hand, and the covenant, on behalf of all those in the world, war will be waged and we will be victorious!" he brings his hand triumphantly skyward, as if he was already holding a trophy

    He whispers to the woman now standing beside him "not really one for showing off smarts, but I'm all for putting on a good show"

    He then continues whispering while his eyes are drawn to the man who seems to have the air of a leader about him. "It's your turn"

    Spoiler
    Show
    using message as 1/day power to whisper to him (communicator feat)
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa's eyes dart around the others, giving the steel clad knight a short nod of homage as to her social superior. This turns into a somewhat deeper bow when she has to hide a flushed smirk. She's so cute! I wonder if whoever fitted her armour did the job pro bono...ahem.

    "I'm sorry, my manners are atrocious. Verossa Carmine, of Otorin late, as you just heard. Yes, silly name for a brunette. But the day I paint or dye myself is the day I take up pig-breeding. Anyway, speeches to the many and the more fortunate? Or shall we wander to this...pavilion" she smiles at the ominous pause, "make our pleasantries as we may, and see what horrifying wonders and wonderful horrors our future holds? You've got very odd eyes. Up late last?" She raises an eyebrow at the presumed Duskbuckler or Hexsword or Swashblade or whatever he was.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "No; no I've always had these eyes." He looks around at those remaining breifly before turning back to Verossa.

    "The names Drayner, at your service."Drayner flourishes a bow, his cloak billowing in the wind. "I guess when we are done with the meet and greet we will see were we are to begin." Drayner offers his hand.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-07-14 at 01:58 AM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa snaps the glaive over to her left hand to take Drayner's with her right. "Sorry about the gloves. You know what polearm drill does to the palms. So what do you do? Hexblade, me. But don't worry too much. So far, all that means is I can make people feel slightly uncomfortable by talking to them severely. How long have you been fighting? I lost my cherry at Scarletwaters, myself, so I'm still rather fresh."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner blushes slightly as the woman takes him by the hand.
    "I guess it's not so much what I do, but what I am. I can fight though. I'm best from a distance, but I have been thinking about looking into more close ranged fighting as well."

    Drayner holds his other hand against his head as if he was getting a headache "I'm not sure exactly how long I've been fighting, but I know I can, and that is usually enough" Drayner takes his hand away from his head and shrugs slightly I'll show you exactly what I can do when the time comes though, it's gonna be a surprise." His entheuseasm has returned, after speaking to him, you can tell he hasn't had much "peaceful" human interaction for a while.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-07-14 at 02:23 AM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Goody. I like surprises", quoth Verossa, clapping the man firmly on the back. "Like when you hack somebody's head off in a routine skirmish and it turns out he's carrying his entire companies' payroll. We had the High Carrutyer knights and marshals finding excuses to come eat at our camp for a month. Well, if you don't wish to tell me I suppose I'll have to use my strange arcane powers to find out. When I get some, that is. Have you ever cast a spell? What's it like?"
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "HA! that had to be good. Have I ever cast a spell though?" Draynor pulls ahead and looks back "I guess that's also part of the suprise!"

    He lets Verossa catch up with him before continuing, "So, who do we say hello to first?" He looks up at her with a smile before taking in the four others that lay before them.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Evasive fellow, aren't you? said Verossa, tossing her hair back as she caught up. "Well, just so long as you're not a Soulcaster. Or a Spellmind. Or a Spellthief. Or whatever they're called."

    She flexed her fingers absently, letting the sun reflect from the brass knuckle-studs and the black leather clasping the back and palm of her hand.

    "Back in my last company, they used to say I had a Spellthief's hands," she said in a low voice. "But I had to get rid of them during the retreat from Barnflaed. The ranger's wolves had to eat something. I think it would be for the best if we let the grand Dame address us first. Don't want to look forward. Or uncouth."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "I wouldn't call myself evasive... more, trying to enjoy life to it's fullest. And enjoyment just so happens to come in line with duty it would seem, I can't wait to get all of this started" Drayner's smile and voice became a little aggressive when speaking of "getting it all started", but it quickly subsides, almost as soon as it appeared.

    "Well, I guess we wait to be adressed then." Drayner looks forward, a somewhat smaller smile decorates his face, standing at attention as best he can, it resembles a not-so-new recruit standing at attention for morning exercises.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "I don't mean to intrude, but I thought I heard a little discussion about spellcasting over here." says a small figure walking towards them. I suppose introductions are in order, I am Halabur Balaban. An Illusionist of some small reknown, but apparently more reknowned than I thought if I can be selected for a job such as this. And who would you two be?

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'More renown? Oh famous eyes, spies of great repute'.

    A non-descript figure appears from behind a figure, wearing dull grey robes, his face in shadow from his hood.

    'A true deceit has been practised on us all. A half-truth, but a complete lie. Oh, most Holy Day!'

    The man approaches and lowers his hood, revealing a weather-beaten face, greyish-brown hair, drained of colour, and empty grey eyes.

    'If introductions are in order, my name is Raif Clearsight. That is a lie of course and it is also my name. A false Cleric of False Gods, and yet the truest servant of Truth. I look forward to serving you by deceiving your minds and flesh'.
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-07-14 at 09:46 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ExtravagantEvil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    I listen intently, to every word of the announcements, just knowing that I would be selected. Especially when I hear my name ring out.

    Saving the best for last I see

    Seeing the others in uproar in this council of 6, I step forward, my Blonde Hair flowing in the wind as I stand towards the center of the gathering, calling all attention, or trying to anyhow.


    Greetings! I am the one known as Daranad Zophokiel, it's a pleasure to be able to lead and fight with all of you!


    Hearing Clearsights ominous remark, I comment

    That strategy, Clearsight, is most unwise. Save the deceptions for the enemy, not for your allies. We must stand tall, together as equals, not as squabbling children. True heroes fight with both tactic clarity, and for the truth so scribed in the halls of history, and that is how we must fight!

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perform Oratory and Diplomacy to get everyone to agree with me, as I give that impromptu oration.
    (1d20+9)[16] ; Diplomacy
    (1d20+9)[26] ; Perform Oratory
    Check out the Hansbachman Blog, it's a cure for all of your ills!
    It's Grade A, Top Notch, and One of a Kind!
    All natural, Backwards Compatible and Moving Forward with the times.
    We're off-brand, off-tempo, and on point, with an ear to the ground, finger on the pulse, and hand on the trigger.
    We're on the beat like Ginsberg, hyper-aware and hyper-active.
    Running on multi-actuated heavy duty pistons with a pistol grip.


    Thanks to Dashwood for the Extravagant Avatar

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora felt a cold tingle run down her spine, though whether it was fear or excitement, she couldn't quite tell.

    So this is it... They really did pick me then, didn't they? I just hope I hope I don't let these people down.

    Her demeanor changed somewhat, however, when she saw Lord Saltmist storm off in a rage.

    What a child! She grimaced, as she felt her heart sink deep into the pit of her stomach.You would think that now of all times would be the time to put such grudges behind. But knowing Lord Saltmist, he will not let this slight pass unanswered. They should not have chosen me.

    As she watched Saltmist go, her eyes caught sight of a small gathering of some other motley-looking characters from a variety of camps. My fellow saviors of the realms. El thought wryly. Perhaps I should best say hello.

    She strode over to the group, all too aware of the clanking of her armor, before kneeling in front of them.

    "Dame Eleanora Worthe of Stonehold, vassal and retainer to Lord Fernard of Autumnstar, at your service," Eleanora placed her right fist over her heart. "I pray that our alliance will be a long and fruitful one."
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2013-07-23 at 10:53 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Clearsight smiles at Daranad Zophokiel. 'I see you are much deceived in me already. An auspicious start!

    I'll truthfully follow in your lead, even as we all lead each other. As you say, we must stand tall and equal - under your leadership - as equals.

    But say, would you really prefer, when the friendly foeman pierces your innards, I should leave the honest wounds upon you? Or rather, should I trick the flesh, and deceive the body? Make you whole and Holy, rather than holed and holey?Well, if you wish. But I prithee, since you school me in true heroes, I ask you what of false heroes?


    Clearsight sees Dame Elenora

    Amen to that m'Lady, perhaps we should all join hands and offer up a quick prayer
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ExtravagantEvil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    False Heroes? Why, they are only heroes due to lies! The kind of hero that spreads false words of his deeds, and warps the truth for their own wicked ends. They are not truly heroes but villainous creatures who wear the facade of goodness for greed or petty revenge, or the heroes who do not live in the name of their virtue.
    Here, I trust, that the council has picked us to help lead the fight for freedom for we are all heroes! And I am glad that the council has given such a smart witted band to serve as the beginning of the army I am destined to lead. Though I assure, I respect you all as if you were captains, and will heed all opinions as equal, but whatever proclamation I make, if you agree for my leadership, will be taken, if you volunteer to trust my, and thus the fully considered group's, decisions.
    Check out the Hansbachman Blog, it's a cure for all of your ills!
    It's Grade A, Top Notch, and One of a Kind!
    All natural, Backwards Compatible and Moving Forward with the times.
    We're off-brand, off-tempo, and on point, with an ear to the ground, finger on the pulse, and hand on the trigger.
    We're on the beat like Ginsberg, hyper-aware and hyper-active.
    Running on multi-actuated heavy duty pistons with a pistol grip.


    Thanks to Dashwood for the Extravagant Avatar

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Ok guys, I'll just need a Sense Motive check from you to help guage your reactions to Daranad's Diplomacy check, and due to his Proform, I'll be giving a +4 to the check.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "You might want to be careful with what you say Mr. Clearsight, says Halaban with a Cheshire grin. "It's my job to be providing the illusions. A task I quite enjoy."

    Sense motive (1d20+5)[10]

    Smiling, he turns to Daranad. "I'm hearing a lot of first-person pronouns out of you. If you can lead nearly as fine as you can talk, I suppose I don't see any issue with you leading. I don't see anyone else volunteering for the job.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-07-14 at 09:12 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa steps forward and takes the Bard's hand, smiling. "It's very good of you to volunteer yourself for leadership. I've had some young, keen fellows leading me in my time. Although we wound up eating the last one. I hope you live up to your expectations. Or taste better with mustard."

    She turns to the Cleric. Who says "prithee" these days? Is he a tourist?"I would be displeased to have not met you on this not unbright day, and do not desire that we should not go together as we go not unboldly down the path of danger and of honour. Verossa Carmine. Outrageous Liar. At least, that's what I tell people"

    Then to the knight, managing not to blush this time as she dips her head. "Sir Dame. Knight. Lady. Ma'am. It seems we are as forwards together in this company. I hope that my glaive shall bite as deep as your sword, and my heart prove as firm. I am looking forward to having you." She pauses just long enough to let a horrifying feeling of wrongness creep into her. "I mean, as my partner. I mean, on the same team. I mean, serving under you. I mean--is that a Dire Hummingbird?"

    Bluff:(1d20+7)[16]

    And then she pokes Halaban in the side. "Illusionist? Just making sure you're actually here."

    EDIT: Psst. Diplomacy specifically doesn't work on PCs.
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-07-14 at 10:42 PM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ExtravagantEvil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    I knew that Marlowe, . I'm using it to set a general mood to see how convincing I can make my argument sound. To show whether he was good at his job, and show that he was trying to sell something. I didn't want to Brainwash anyone as a Diplomancer is wont to do. You guys can disagree with the Diplomacy check all you'd like, but it just shows that I did an adequate job selling myself to the party as leader .


    I look at the brown haired damsel who has taken my hand, and swiftly remove at her biting remark.

    Madame, if you don't mind, I do enjoy partaking of forbidden fruit, but not of the lemons that are your words.
    I am glad that you are all so open towards my leadership, but I must equivocate and force, that you all hold equal say, and that since you agree and volunteer to this, I expect you to respect and listen my statements. Now,
    I find that we should consider first increasing the size of our squad here, into an army. Make a name for ourselves, and make sure that we strike fear into the hearts of these tyrants.
    Last edited by ExtravagantEvil; 2012-07-14 at 11:09 PM.
    Check out the Hansbachman Blog, it's a cure for all of your ills!
    It's Grade A, Top Notch, and One of a Kind!
    All natural, Backwards Compatible and Moving Forward with the times.
    We're off-brand, off-tempo, and on point, with an ear to the ground, finger on the pulse, and hand on the trigger.
    We're on the beat like Ginsberg, hyper-aware and hyper-active.
    Running on multi-actuated heavy duty pistons with a pistol grip.


    Thanks to Dashwood for the Extravagant Avatar

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa's smile slips for a moment. "Lead all you want. Inspire who you will. If you're not up to it, you won't last. It's as simple as breathing or killing. But don't call me "madame."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ExtravagantEvil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    My apologies, I was not aware of your inclination towards being pessimistic about the man you have taken to be your leader. Remember, you can disband from this growing army if you ever grow an urge to disagree with my leadership. Nor, was I forewarned of your disenfranchised take on those basic titles shown towards women, and that, I apologize.
    Now, to the planning. I am largely new to this part of the country, can any tell of the world this so far south as this?
    Check out the Hansbachman Blog, it's a cure for all of your ills!
    It's Grade A, Top Notch, and One of a Kind!
    All natural, Backwards Compatible and Moving Forward with the times.
    We're off-brand, off-tempo, and on point, with an ear to the ground, finger on the pulse, and hand on the trigger.
    We're on the beat like Ginsberg, hyper-aware and hyper-active.
    Running on multi-actuated heavy duty pistons with a pistol grip.


    Thanks to Dashwood for the Extravagant Avatar

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "I did not say I had taken you as my leader. I said that you should feel free to lead if that is your inclination. Lead well, we'll follow. And you might consider that "madame" is a job description as well as a title. And that "Carmine" is not a name for one born into honour." Her smile's looking a little strained at this point.

    "As for the country, I fought my way half-way back here from Barnflaed, but I wasn't sightseeing at the time. It seems we've gained back some of the ground we lost during the retreat, as the battlefield is still part of the debatable. They'll be a new battle there ere long, unless somebody decides to develop his or her imagination."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I know that "madam" (no e) is the job description. Verossa doesn't. And they sound alike anyway.
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-07-15 at 01:06 AM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive Diplo: (1d20+5)[7]
    Got rid of it, because I realise It wasn't a universal Bluff (so to speak)


    "Nobody needs to be lead, we were chosen for a reason, and that is because we're good, we just need to know where to go, and we can deal with it, any planning we need to do will be done equally." Drayner's previous entheusiasm seems to have turned into confidence.

    Drayner then gives another flourishing bow, although little less extravagant before. "I guess I should introduce myself, I'm Drayner, master of the... well, it's a suprise."

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-07-15 at 04:29 AM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "And speaking of which, this has all been very pleasant. However I do believe there's this "pavilion" thing we were instructed to proceed to. It's a reasonably surmise that there, someone important will tell us who he or she wants us to happen to. So, are we going to keep our higher-ups, or possibly in the good Dame's case, our further-alongs waiting? Grave discourtesy that."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halaban laughs heartily, "Yes, let's hurry over there. It would be impolite to keep our puppet masters waiting on the end of their strings. Let's see what sort or suicide mission they have in mind for us."

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Clearsight reaches out to shake Verossa Carmine's hand.

    'Well met, and I shall not gainsay you on that. After all I suppose you do hope so'.

    'and Sir Zophokiel, I promise faithfully to serve for you as truly as I did my first master. A remarkable man, in that people often remarked on him. He saved my life, and though he taught me little, I learned much from him. I suppose you could say he made me the man I am today'.

    At Drayner's reveal of his powers Raif Clearsight mutters 'Oh...now I know there's going to be a surprise. Oh well, perhaps there won't be'.

    He tilts his head, bemused at the gathering and thinks An excellent group. The splendid peacock Zophokiel seems to do an excellent job of deceiving himself. Of course appearances are deceptive. The lady Carmine says she's an outrageous liar, but I don't believe that for a minute. The gentleman, with the truthful eyes which lie to me, told me there'd be a surprise. Then the Gnome told me he's a liar too'. Felicitous day!'

    Responding to Halabar 'Indeed. I am anxious to see what lies they wish to tell us. Take courage, if we can leave them waiting on our puppet strings, soon we moppets may have our puppetmasters dancing on our puppet strings'.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora listened to Verossa with a slight smile on her face, which twitched into a short-lived frown upon hearing "Outrageous Liar."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive (Dire Hummingbird): (1d20)[15]


    So these are the sort that my companions will be... The Dame thought to herself as her gaze swept over the rest of the party (and places where a dire hummingbird may have been). Her companions were, well, different to say the least, but the Council must have known what they were doing when they chose them, right? But then again there was that ordeal with Lord Saltmist...

    "Yes, it would probably be a good plan to see the Council now. I'm sure they have much they want to tell us." Eleanora said.

    What was the Council thinking? She'd just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-07-15 at 03:29 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •