New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

((Oh, and it seems that since ER Eddison's been dead for long enough, and nobody would dare try to make a movie of the thing. The Worm Ouroboros is free to read online))
    Spoiler
    Show
    They halted at the head of a flight of steps leading down to the inner ward. The Lady Prezmyra leaned awhile on the black marble balustrade, gazing seaward over the level marshes rough with moonlight. "What care I for Laxus?" she said at last. "What care I for Corinius? A cast of hawks flown by the King against a quarry that in dearworthiness and nobility outshineth an hundred such as they. Nor I will not suffer mine indignation so to wit-wanton with fair justice as persuade me to put the wite on Witchland. It is most true the Prince my brother practised with our enemies the downthrow of our fortunes, breaking open, had he but known it, the gate of destruction for himself and us, that night when our banquet was turned by him to a battle and our winey mirths to bloody rages." She was silent for a time, then said, "Oathbreakers: a most odious name, flat against all humanity.[paragraph continues]

((And note to Eddison; if your villains talk like this, your heroes have some ground to make up))

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

As you leave the tent you see four large riding horses and one drab looking grey heavily built pony tied up to a spike. Through the bustle of the camp you also see a groom in the garb of Autumnstar leading a fine looking mount towards the other horses.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

3. - Top - End - #183

Verossa gingerly approaches the largest of the riding horses, walks around it, rubs its forehead and asks; "Do these things have names?"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Halabur looks over his pony while stroking his chin in thought. After a moment he casts prestidigitation on his pony to create a shining, sparkling aura over his pony. "There." he says in obvious satisfaction. "I'll name this one 'Sparklelord'."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Daranad bows deferentially to the elven Lord and heads out to the horses, over taking the others and moving to the front of the group.

'Come, let us repair to the horses, and begin our glorious quest!'

Daranad moves to the nearest horse.

If only I'd spent some time learning to ride in Willsworrow. I never wanted to at first, then it always seemed like they'd be time later'.

Spoiler
    Show
    If allowed, Untrained Handle Animal Check (1d20+3)[17]
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif Clearsight wanders up to the horses, nonchalantly, but listening closely to Drayner.

'Hmm...so, which of us is walking then?'

Then he turns sharply to look at Drayner:

'A moment? She wanted you for a moment? Is that right?

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive (1d20+5)[17]
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

7. - Top - End - #187

((Handle Animal can't be done untrained, but is completely unnecessary for Riding))

Verossa gave her choice an appraising look. "Large, blank expression, not much of a talker. Call this one "Fighter". Well, let's see how this goes."

Ride check:(1d20+3)[19]

"Evidently, this is not as difficult as certain professionals had led me to believe. And Raif, sir. No-one is walking. Sir Dame has her own mount.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

The groom stands patiently behind Clearsight, who has completely missed both him and the fifth horse. The horse leans in and nuzzles the back of Clearsight's head gently.

'Aaah, what the - '

Clearsight turns around abruptly.

'Crazy beast tried to kill, me, you all saw it!'

It's safe to say the man isn't comfortable around horses.
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-08-04 at 09:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

9. - Top - End - #189

"Oh look. Something wants to kill Raif Clearsight. This is new" Verossa hasn't got a lot of patience with him right now. "We still need to decide on your...discipline. Let's open this thing up" pulling the bag from her belt."And we'll see if Pointytemper chose to provide us with something of the exquisitely painful persuasion." SHe smiles cheerfully as she open the bag.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Verossa:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you look into the now opened bag you see that it contains a lot more than you would have guess by the weight. Inside are 3 folded piles of canvas, cord and wooden stakes, one silver looking tube, what looks like a thin, foot long cylinder shaped piece of marble with some sort of engraving on it and six small leather pouches with blue ties holding them closed.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

11. - Top - End - #191

"Six pouches, six riders," she murmurs. "Obviously, they're all meant for me. I kid. Looks like we get one each. What looks like a spyglass and some sort of metamagic rod. You, Emergency Food Supply," she smiles at Halabur, "Have a look at this. And this spyglass-looking-thingy. Three tents, so we'll have to sort out who's sleeping together" She tries and fails not to look at Dame Eleanora. "And let's see what's in these pouches."

12. - Top - End - #192

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive (vs. Drayner): (1d20)[8]

"That's it? Well, I'm sure she had a perfectly good reason for telling us that." She said.

Her eyes lit up immediately when they came upon the horses. With just the slightest skip in her step, she approached her steed.

"Hey there, Valor!" A huge grin had overtaken her face. "He was not of any trouble, I trust?" She turned to the groom as she rubbed the horse's snout.

A giggle escaped her at Raif's reaction.

"Oh, he likes you!" She cooed, a little surprised at herself. "I think you found your steed, Clearsight!"

Her attention shifted to Verossa when she opened the bag.

"How good of our Lord Tahlruamy to make such contributions to our cause," She said as she craned her neck to examine the contents of the bag.

At that, Eleanora suddenly remembered her own gift from the Elven lord. She quickly dug the parchment out from her pack and unrolled it.

13. - Top - End - #193

GreenSorcererElf

Halabur spends a moment inspecting the rod, trying to determine it's function.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Arcana): (1d20+10)[22]

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif appears a little mollified, and approaches the horse tentatively.

'Umm...hello'.

Raif stretches out a hand and awkwardly pats the creature.

'So we've Valor, and Sparklelord. I think I shall name you after the first thing I ever owned. Come, Filofax'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

15. - Top - End - #195
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Drayner smiles briefly at Raif Clearsight, when he refers to "a moment" "and that's one more than you'll ever have" Drayner says teasingly.

Looking over the horses he finds one that he comes to like, "hello there..." Drayner says as he pats it's nozzle and checks it over. "I guess if we are naming them, I'll call mine 'Shadow Stride'" It fit, sort-of, the horse was certainly darker than usual.

When the spyglass is brought out, Drayner brings out his spyglass and compares the two (or attempts to, if someone else has it). "so 1 bag for each of us... " If handed his bag Drayner looks inside.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pure int check: (1d20+1)[12]
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-08-04 at 06:22 PM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Halabur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you examine the hollow tube of silvery metal you sense a reasonable amount of transmutation magic has been woven into it. There is only one thing you have heard of that this object might be. A Chime of Opening.

Eleanora:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you read the parchment you see it is a report from the front which informs of large units of Orcs and Goblinoids advancing, bringing with them the starved, abused men from the captured towns of the area.

Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see some flat bread, cheese, dried meat and some sort of grain in the pouch.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-08-04 at 07:55 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197

((Err, pouches?))

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

((Yes, the 6 small leather pouches tied up with blue ties.))

19. - Top - End - #199

((Sorry, can we be assumed to have opened them? Opening something generally helps when seeing what's in it.))

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

((Opening them entirely up to you. Though one of you already has, so I'm sure he'll let you know whats in his at least.))

21. - Top - End - #201

ElfWarriorGuy

Drayner looks into his bag with a little dissapointment, before looking up to the others and showing them the contents of the bag. "Just some mundane foods to keep us going, well shall we ride out? Or does someone have something more they wish to do here?"

Drayner ties the bag to the horse and pats it lightly while waiting for everyone elses response.

22. - Top - End - #202

"It hardly matters, the bag's the thing." She stood up in her stirrips and raised her Glaive dramatically, like in all the paintings.

"Well, I feel bloody silly like this, but it's a stylistic step up from walking into the jaws of hell. Or the bleedy gums of Ol' Mossy. Very well, it seems Pointytemper has repaid us for almost destroying the alliance by provided us with efficient logistics. Shall we go shopping? I should not do it myself, else I'd be sure to get a scourge for Raif and a jar of mustard for the Underpants Gnome."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Daranad leaps into the saddle of the horse that he's picked out.

'Shopping? I hardly think we have time to indulge your womanly fancies, M'Lady Verossa, when every second we spend here is one less second fighting that devilish cult!'

Meanwhile Raif looks knowingly at Drayner.

'Well, I'm more or less sworn to celibacy, myself. Evidently you are not'.

Raif Clearsight's nose wrinkles slightly at the mention of a scourge. Then Raif turns to Verossa.

'Hmm? If you want, I wouldn't mind shopping, but I doubt that we'll find much here. Most of the good stuff will have been bought up by the army quartermasters, and we have plenty of food'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

24. - Top - End - #204

Just despicable. The Covenant will pay. Eleanora grit her teeth as she read the paper, but before she could become too worked up, the party's chatter drew her thoughts away.

"I would not be opposed to the requisition of more items, provided they are necessary. Is there anything more you think we need?" Eleanora asked, posing the question to the group in general.

25. - Top - End - #205

GreenSorcererElf

In response to Elanora, Halabur says "Oh don't worry my dear, I am satisfied with what he have." as he fiddles with the rod like a child with a new favorite toy.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-08-05 at 06:47 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206

ElfWarriorGuy

"hmmm, I usually travel lightly myself, but I have always found that rope can be useful in many circumstances, tying down prisoners, climbing, just to name a few." You can tell Drayner is hoping to leave as soon as possible, but is not going to let that leave them unprepared.

27. - Top - End - #207

Verossa sighs. This is all getting a bit rich. "Womanly fancies? What are you, a bit-part creature from an old stage play lost to thought, respect, and wisdom? I speak of optaining supplies. For long term operations in the rear areas of an enemy devoid alike of mercy and sense. We will be long in the desert sir, and we need to plan. If you don't have the wit to work that, looks like it's up to my womanly fancies."

She turns to Halabur. "And you, are you going to be a soldier and tell us what the bloody thing is or do I have to beat it out of you?"

28. - Top - End - #208

GreenSorcererElf

Halabur looks surprised at Verossa's hostility and promptly tells her, "This, my dear, is an item called a Chime of Opening. It is an item that is specializes in unlocking items and holding portals. But be warned, it only has ten charges before being rendered useless."

29. - Top - End - #209

Verossa smiles, and winks at Halabur. "Thank you. For the record, there's no point in playing coy with us. I asked you to take a look at it. I assumed you'd realise that that implies communicating your discoveries. If I had wanted to remain ignorant, I'd have kept the damn thing myself."

"And excuse me, but "M'Lady?". I'm no lady. "My dear?". I'm not your dear. My name is Verossa."

30. - Top - End - #210

GreenSorcererElf

"Oh yes my d-- er... Verossa." Halabur finishes with a blush.