Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As for the hand, I'm not surprised. But what of the other items?

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Ignore please. These forums hate me.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-08-18 at 07:47 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking you up and down, his head cocked to the side and says, "Well... I suppose I could cut you a discount... 13522 gold for the rings, amulet and the cloak along with the Sheen of Silver. How say you?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive:(1d20+12)[18]
    ... A 6...
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-08-18 at 08:45 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Okay, I'll clear it with the lady and come back to you on that. I'll take that silversheen now, he says as he hands over 250 gold. and if she approves, I'll return with the rest. as he heads out with the silversheen he hesitates by the tent entrance. Oh. If you hear me screaming in pain and horror, that means she says the deal is off. Have a nice day! he adds as he turns increasingly pale and heads out.

    He rushes out to Verossa with the silversheen outstretched and says, I'm sorry it took so long! Here's the silversheen! he pants for a moment and continues We also have the opportunity to get a Ring of Sustenance, a Ring of Protection, a Ring of Counterspells, an Amulet of Health, and a Cloak of Elvenkind. Are any of those appealing to you?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, if he has 12 ranks in sense motive that puts him at level nine or higher. But my save is 19, so maybe I can successfully hypnotize him.


    Edit: 250 gold for silversheen.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-08-18 at 11:45 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    ((How do you get Lvl 9? He's a merchant who specializes in magical goods (and he does have a little bit of a magical back-ground), but he's not too much higher than you. Also, Silversheen is 250gp))
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-08-18 at 10:39 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Malak'ai View Post
    ((How do you get Lvl 9? He's a merchant who specializes in magical goods (and he does have a little bit of a magical back-ground), but he's not too much higher than you. Also, Silversheen is 250gp))
    Really, really bad math. ><. Sorry. Fixed the gold too.

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif Clearsight speaks up, slightly stentorian, less playful.

    'I could use any of the rings, the amulet and maybe even the cloak. What price did the merchant quote? I still have plenty of golden lies. I could particularly use the ring of sustenance and the Amulet of Health'.

    Raif simpers slightly, at Verossa,

    'Unless my gallant Lady would like to buy something pretty for me?'

    All seriousness again.

    'We did say that we wanted powerful magic items, and I have already equipped the group with the mundane items requested from my own funds'.
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-08-18 at 12:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  8. - Top - End - #278
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner looks between Halabur and Raif "Do you both have such lack of confidence that you believe we need all of this, at the expense of valuable time? Some may be useful, but I don't believe we need it at this moment, you understand who we are fighting, they are likely to have magic up the wazoo. If you desperately need something then I will throw some money in just to get things moving, otherwise, mount your horses and so we can finally leave."

    And with that, Drayner begins to move slowly towards the most direct path out of here before stopping about 7 metres (21 feet I think) ahead of the group.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur giggles as Drayner walks off and turns to Raif. "Heh, heh, heh. He said 'wazoo'." it's then he notices Raif's attire. "By Boccob's wands! What are you wearing?!?!"

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "And how are you going to pay for these trinkets? You're not planning on paying. Are you. Look, what do you think it's going to do for morale when it's discovered that the champions of the Alliance are not only capering fools" she smiled at Raif. "But thieves and magical bullies as well?

    Pony up, Mr Emergency Food Supply. We ride now."


    She moves Fighter off after Drayner.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur yells to the tent, "Sorry, she says the deal's off!" and mounts Sparklelord, moving off after the three.

    When he gets over there he apologizes to them, "I'm sorry, you're right about the thieves and magical bullies thing. I should have behaved better. We may be able to find the things we need in the road in due time, I had not considered that." He continues with a blush, "I carry a lot of arcane knowledge, but it seems I lack common sense. For that I do beg your forgiveness, and promise I will actively strive to improve myself in that regard."
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-08-19 at 07:51 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "No problem" sayeth Verossa. "I know you were just trying to make yourself taller"

    ((Please nobody figure out the reference))
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Thank you, it's a little gift from m'Lady Carmine. Not very practical for riding, but a barefaced lie at least'. replies Clearsight to Halabur.

    When Drayner questions the cleric's confidence, Clearsight smiles.

    'Ah, youth's carefree nature. When you're body begins to turn traitor, the way mine is starting to play false with me, you'll learn the true enormity of what confidence means. Though you're right, we have tarried awhile, and it seems we'd likely be unable to afford it. Onward then, giddyup Filofax'.

    Clearsight kicks the horse on and rides it at a trot down the road.

    'If we don't lie, steal, cheat and murder then how will people ever know that we're supposed to be heroes?' Raif Clearsight mutters to himself.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  14. - Top - End - #284
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    At Raif's comment simply replies "How will they know we aren't the enemy?

    Drayner rears up on his horse and begins to jog it forward"Well then, I believe it is time we all left, perhaps we will find some mysterious treasure on our way." you can tell he really doesn't want to be he any longer, and Drayner continues to jog forward on his horse when people follow him and he proceeds to exit the Pavilion.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-08-19 at 11:17 PM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Perhaps there is more honor amongst my colleagues than I have given them credit for. Eleanora thought to herself as she listened to the party's conversation. At the very least, not a single one of them is an Arrik Lansburg.

    With that, Eleanora finished inspecting her horse before mounting up and following after the rest of the group.

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Clearsight smiles. Good. Master Drayner's already starting to get it. Verossa and Halabur may be saved already, and even m'Lady Elenora is much further on compared to Lord Belkinstair.

    As the horses trot along the road Raif Clearsight draws level with Halabur and asks

    'Might you happen to have any more illusions prepared for today? Your charming little false truths?'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  17. - Top - End - #287
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    I have only one use of prestidigitation, one disguise self, two color sprays and ghost sounds, and one invisibility in the way of illusions. I also have some combat spells in case we come across trouble. Halabur responds.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-08-20 at 08:21 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Ah, never mind then. I was going to suggest that you conjured an illusion for us to practice our combat against. Do you know any spells of that nature? Maybe you could prepare one for tomorrow.

    As for myself, I mostly have flesh-lies at the moment. Three healing spells, a blessing, and some cantrips'.


    Raif Clearsight rides onwards quietly, keeping a lookout.

    'Incidentally, I take it that someone knows where we're going? I'm just following the rest of you'.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+4)[10]
    Listen (1d20+4)[22]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As you move out from the encampment, moving south along the mountain side heading in a slight eastern direction as the mountain curves out. The sounds of the camp fading away as you get further away.
    The mid afternoon sun starting to dip below the peaks causing the shadows to lengthen and the darkening.

    Once your about a mile from the encampment the land slowly changes from flat plains to gently rolling hills of tall grass (almost to the bell of the horses, to mid chest of the pony) with scatterings of trees and what look like thick hedges left to go wild.

    *Please set out an order of 'march' and roll a standard Spot and Listen (which I'll use as a passive check, assuming you wont be keeping your eyes straight forward and your ears closed, until I call for specific check.*


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur rides near the rear, feeling easily content with the journey. At one point he asks, "Are we actually going to meet the dwarves, or are we going to hope that they're already providing our cover?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot:(1d20+1)[20]
    Listen:(1d20+5)[24]


    Daranad rides in the middle, idly plucking on a lyre. He calls back to Halabur, "As long as they don't tarry like you at the merchant's tent, we should be just fine."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot:[roll]1d20+4[/roll]
    Listen: [roll]1d20+4[/roll]


    I don't know why dice for Daranad aren't working.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-08-20 at 10:16 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "We may wish to tell them that we are prepared, but it may attract attention we do not wish to attract." Drayner looks about as the area changes around them "Be careful guys, who knows what is could happen" And Drayner falls behind Verossa for protection.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+1)[19]
    Listen (1d20+1)[4]


    OOC marching order table: Never mind
    Spoiler
    Show

    {table=head] | A | B | C | D
    1 | |Ve| | |
    2 | |Dr|El ||
    3 | |Da| | |
    4 | |Ha | | |
    5 | | | | | [/table]
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-08-21 at 02:05 AM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Although she has the perception skills of a small dutch cheese, Verossa will take point. If anything happens, it's going to happen to her first.

    Spot:(1d20-1)[7]
    Listen: (1d20-1)[3]
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora followed slightly behind Verossa, making sure to position herself in such a way that she could make the most use of her defensive skills, should anything happen.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen: (1d20)[12]
    Spot: (1d20)[14]

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif Clearsight's a little concerned.

    'All the fighters are bunched up at the front. Drayner's well protected, but what about Halabur? I suppose the fighters have more experience than me...I would have thought a foe would attack the centre or the rear. Ah, but maybe they expect a double bluff?'

    Reasoning that he can take a few hits for Halabur, and that it's best to be able to have the whole group in sight to cast his support magic, Raif Clearsight brings up the rear.

    Spoiler
    Show
    5B on the chart
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The rest of the day passes with nothing more than a few birds flying between one one outcropping of bushes to the other, small wild animals calling challenges or other calls to each other and the light breeze stiffening into a solid wind. Just before dusk, in the failing light, you can't help but notice a very large shadow moving at an extremely fast pace over head heading towards the mountains.

    With the last light of day fading away you find an small formation of about 4 or 5 boulders on the side of one of the small hills that seem to make up this part of the countryside.
    The rocks are large enough to shelter you and the horses from the wind and also give a good vantage point for someone on guard.

    *Sort out watches (if your going to have them), there is only about 9 hours before dawn as at this part of the year night is shorter than day (14 hours of daylight, 10 of night)*


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    *Blessed Lord of Nightmares! Attention to science? When did you die and get possessed by Poul Anderson?*

    Verossa dismounts. Cautiously. She's not used to these funny four-legged things. Something that moves you should have sails and masts. "I'll take the middle watch, when the night is still and quiet, and unspeakable actions of violence and horror are perennially about to happen in the corners of your eyes. And I'd appreciate it if someone with eyes could take it with me. I'm old enough to know that my powers of observation might fairly be described as lacking."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora rode along, enjoying the serenity of her surroundings. It really was a beautiful day, with the mountains well-lit by the evening light and the breeze blowing at the perfect speed; it reminded her an awful lot of her home in Stonehold. El couldn't help but smile as she absent-mindedly rubbed the top of Valor's head, admiring a flock of small birds as they flitted about from bush to bush.

    Suddenly though, a large shadow fell over the tranquil scene. The Dame quickly jerked her head upwards, squinting her eyes to make out the large shape overhead.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (if okay):(1d20)[5]


    Eleanora could feel the hair on the back of her neck rising. Whatever that was, she got the feeling that it did not bode well for the party. And besides that, night was falling fast, and the wind was picking up speed. Perhaps it was time to call the first day to an end.

    "Mayhaps we should set camp here for the night," Eleanora said, more as a statement than a question, as they approached the outcropping of boulders. "I could take first watch. What say you?"
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-08-22 at 09:43 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    ((What do you mean attention to science? It's mid-summer! Of course the days are gunna be longer . Though the axis tilt on this planet isn't as pronounced as our own.))

    Eleanora:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When you look up into the murky darkness that's descending over the land you can't see much of the flying shape. What you do discern is a long pointed body with large wings with what appears to be a short but wide fan shaped tail.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Before night falls, Drayner looks to the sky wondering what kind of bird... if a bird could cast such a shadow, before continuing on. Hmm, well that doesn't bode well for our plan

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]


    "Verossa, while I do not posess the ability to see perfectly in the dark, I do posess a wand that could be usefull, but may wake those already sleeping. If you wish for company though I would happily oblige, Otherwise, I will take first watch." Drayner begins to dismount his horse and carefully feeds it, he seems a little nervous at first, before he realises that everything is okay and helps everyone set up camp if they need it.

    As he is checking his packs and such, his tindertwigs remind him of something "Shall someone collect some firewood? Keep some light in the area, the rest of us can set up." He sets aside a tindertwig before packing up and rolling out his bedroll, and setting the disguise kit at the base.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-08-22 at 05:19 PM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As they reach the camp site Raif says.

    'Yes, this looks like a good place to stop'.

    Then he dismounts from Filofax.

    'M'Lady Elenora? I'm no expert with these animals, but isn't there something we have to do with them? Rub them down, put them to pasture, something like that?'

    When Drayner mentions going for firewood, Raif looks to Verossa,

    'Should we set a fire tonight? If so, I'll keep my armour on, and give you a hand with the wood Drayner, least there are dangerous creatures in the wood'.

    'I'm afraid I need to meditate to refresh my spells, so that will limit my availability to keep watch. If any of you have any empty water skins I should probably fill them now'.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •