Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur idly glanced about, and looked overhead to inspect the sky.

    "I will need to rest as well. Should I take an early watch, then?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+1)[11]

  2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif leans against a rock for a moment, sweating heavily. He removes the wimple, and puts it in his bag, then takes out his water skin, and drinks heavily.

    'After we've a decision on the firewood, I'll refill the water - need to take my armour off first, you see. I'm afraid I've never been much of a cook - I don't suppose anyone can make something to snare the senses?

    A thought suddenly occurs to Raif.

    'Incidentally, Master Daranad, how many can sleep in that tent of yours?'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "A fire would kill our nightvision. But we're in friendly territory right now. If any spies of Ol' Mossy can see us we're just another band of mercs heading to reinforce the front" She gives the surrounding darkness an indignant look around. How is it that a party of skilled warriors and cunning adventurers apparently have the wilderness skills of a blind basket-weaver? "I'll gather wood, and see what there is around for water. And I won't be sleeping with the Bard."

    Survival:(1d20-1)[5]
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-08-22 at 11:02 PM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    How is it that a party of skilled warriors and cunning adventurers apparently have the wilderness skills of a blind basket-weaver?

    Survival:[roll0]
    Well, what can you teach me about basket-weaving?

  5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'I'll watch over you while you gather the wood then, Verossa. That way if something tries to eat us we should at least be able to shout a warning. Can't bend too well in armour, but I can carry what you gather. There's no need to worry about water. Once we've gathered the wood, I'll get my armour off, and just make some -hehe - magically I mean.'

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+4)[7]
    Listen (1d20+4)[22]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  6. - Top - End - #306
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    and Survival for good measure (1d20+4)[7]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  7. - Top - End - #307
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    After finishing rolling out his bedroll and setting up for himself, Drayner begins to pile rocks and clear some dirt away in the centre of the area, ready for a campfire if it was needed.

    After clearing out the area he goes to help set up anyone elses tent, before wandering around the campsite, keeping an eye out for trouble. And if he finds any big sturdy logs or rocks lying around he will move them to surround the fire to function as seats. (he asks for help from... Raif or Daranand if he can't do it himself).

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot: (1d20+1)[16]
    Listen: (1d20+1)[4]
    Survival: (1d20+1)[2]
    Strength (to move logs/rocks): (1d20+1)[14]


    As Drayner is walking around the campsite, as he passes Raif he asks "Would magical energies taint the meat from a bird? Or would they dissapate, and make it safe to eat" he seems to be pondering this as he looks into the sky and up at trees looking for birds (enough for one person to eat).

    Knowledge (arcana): (1d20+2)[6] more "his" special brand of magical energy (ie. the demonic kind).
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  8. - Top - End - #308
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As Verossa sets off out of camp with Raif, he looks at her and clicks his tongue.

    'Look at her. She is like...a baby, her movements, body language, everything betrays her - how she'll survive in the woods is beyond me'

    Raif walks into a low-hanging tree branch.

    'Oww'

    After they return to camp, Raif's on hand to hear Drayner's question. Raif Clearsight checks around to see if anyone else can hear, before replying.

    'Hmm? I'm mostly self taught when it comes to magic. Personally I've read a little and much of what I've read on the subject seems wrong to me.

    I take magic as showing the truth of my faith - all this world is a lie, which exists only in our minds. Once you realise that truth, all things are possible. Change your mind, change the world - that's how magic works for me. I'll have a think. Meanwhile, can you help me off with my armour please? Then I'll refill the water skins.'


    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll Knowledge Arcana: (1d20+4)[11]


    Incidentally, why did you want to know? We have rations enough for now, surely?
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  9. - Top - End - #309
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner looks to Raif "Rations are rations, but why wouldn't we want a good meal, my only hope is that someone knows how to cook. Why shouldn't we let ourselves have a good meal, in all the hurry in attempting to arrive here, I personally have had little but rations, and I would like to have some more tasteful food."
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  10. - Top - End - #310
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Ah, fair enough. No reason why we shouldn't. I wish I could cook myself, but simple food has never bothered me'.

    Raif Clearsight frowns.

    'There was never enough to eat - growing up'.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  11. - Top - End - #311
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "I am not self taught when it comes to Arcana, maybe I can help." offers Halabur as he comes to help set up camp.

    Knowledge Arcana: (1d20+10)[22]
    Survival: (1d20-1)[7]

    And promptly trips over a fallen log onto his face.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-08-23 at 07:28 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #312
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As everyone else went about setting up the camp, Eleanora led the horses to a patch of grass and watched them graze. Once they had finished, she took them back into the camp and tied them down by a large boulder to keep them out of the wind.

    Upon finishing with her work with the horses, Eleanora seated herself on a stone and tried to relax, but the dark shape from earlier still had her worried. She tried to keep her eye on the skyline, but found it impossible to concentrate. Eleanora sighed, and turned her attention back to the camp.

    She noticed Raif struggling with his armor, and approached him.

    "Allow me to assist you," She said as she helped him unlatch his chestplate. "These pieces can be a devil to remove."

  13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    In the deepening gloom you are able to find a few rocks large and flat enough to use as seats and even though there is no pieces of wood large enough to use as fire wood you do find copious amounts of dead, thickly branched shrubbery that looks like it it burn well.

    The sounds of the nocturnal wildlife starts up, some seeming to be close while others are faint and distant, unfortunately, none of you are able to tell what is making these noises.

    Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When you look up at the retreating shadow you can make out the shape of the wings as being bird-like.


    ((Also, are you only having 2 watch shifts?))
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-08-23 at 09:26 PM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Somebody want to volunteer for the morning watch, or are we all content to be murdered in one another's bedrolls?"
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  15. - Top - End - #315
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    I'll volunteer. Might be a good time to study my spell book.

  16. - Top - End - #316
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Thank goodness we were able to find a shrubbery', says Raif as he piled the foliage in the makeshift fire-pit.

    If no-one else jumped in to light the fire, then Raif lit it with his flint and steel.

    'Thank you m'Lady.' Raif Clearsight accepts Elenora's help, and stows his armour. Raif's wearing only simple travelling garments at this stage.

    'Please, bring me any empty waterskins you wish filled'.

    Raif Clearsight takes the waterskins, and mutters to himself under his breath.

    Cast Create Water (6 gallons)

    Then Raif helps himself to the bag of rations from Talhruamy sent with them, munching loudly on a piece of flatbread, a hunk of cheese, and a little bit of the meat.

    'Hmm...I need to meditate. I can take the last watch'.

    After eating Raif Clearsight stands up, and brushes himself down.

    'Excuse me' Raif takes a piece of rope from his pack, and walks out to the rocks sheltering the camp and sits cross-legged. Then Raif removes his shirt and closes his eyes, concentrating.

    Thwack

    This is not real. Pain is an illusion. Remember the flesh is a lie.

    After about 10 minutes Raif is finished.

    'That should about do it. Now I just need some sleep. Wake me for my watch.'

    Raif bundles himself up inside his bedroll, and goes to sleep.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  17. - Top - End - #317
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora smiled and took back her waterskin, taking a quick sip before sitting back down by the fire. She unsheathed her sword and laid it across her knees.

    "First watch goes to me, correct?" She turned to the party for affirmation.

  18. - Top - End - #318
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Aye m'Lady...<loud snore>'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  19. - Top - End - #319
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner thanks Raif for refilling the waterskin and hands him the Tindertwig he set out before in order to light the fire. Before going to sleep, Drayner cups his hands under his rations to get a quick meal.

    If I've got second watch, wake me when I'm up. and Drayner promptly lies down in bed, and goes to sleep.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "You're with me in the darkest night, Drayner." Verossa has already sat down with her back against a tree, her glaive across her lap and closed her eyes, "Good sir Dame, wake us both up. A Warlock and Hexblade about at midnight; what could happen?" She smiles, and her breath comes slow and regular.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As the night darkens the sounds of the nocturnal denizens of the country side become louder and more frequent, but do not seem to be getting closer apart from the snuffling and scuttling sounds of night rodents in the bushes around the hill and boulders.
    By the position of the moon in the sky you can tell it's almost time for watch to change.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa (presumably awakened) rises, finds a spot we're she won't be immediately obvious to anything creeping up on the camp, and begins her vigil.

    Hide:(1d20+3)[8]
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  23. - Top - End - #323
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    (assuming Drayner was woken up) "Looks like you got the right Idea Verossa" and Drayner proceeds to find a good hiding position on the barest of edge within the campsight but still within view of everyone else and verossa.

    Hide: (1d20+3)[16]

    As he settle into a hiding position he reviews the campsite looking around for anything.

    (rolled spot and listen in OOC (3, and 20 respectively)
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  24. - Top - End - #324
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    EDIT: Double Post

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-08-28 at 03:40 AM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Through the sounds of the wind getting stronger Drayner hears the sounds of something, or somethings hunting. The noises are very faint and hard to fully make out over all the other normal night time ambiance, especially Halabur's snoring.

    Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The creater you hear sounds like a wolf, but you cant fully be sure at this distance.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  26. - Top - End - #326
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner looks over to Verossa's hiding place, and taps his ear and then points to the direction where he heard the sound, and attempts to mouth the word "wolf" at Verossa.

    Silently he counts to 10 in his head, and if no other sounds are heard with 10 seconds he simply looks up to the moon in an attempt to gauge the time.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Survival/Wisdom (1d20+1)[10]
    Would I need anything for mouthing the word? I guess dex might make sense. (1d20+3)[16] just disregard it if it's un-needed.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You still hear them, they do seem to be getting a little closer as the howling seems a bit louder, but you're not sure if this is because they are coming directly at you, or if they are just chasing their prey this way.
    By your best estimate they still seem to be far enough away not to pose any threat.

    As you look at the moon you realize it's coming towards the end of your watch.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  28. - Top - End - #328
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Just a little longer... would they give themselves away if they were hunting? Drayner thinks, and he shifts uneasily waiting for Verossa to move in to camp before he proceeds.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa can't hear anything, but moves slowly between the sleeping party and the direction Drayner has pointed, struggling to hear, well, anything.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot:(1d20-1)[12]
    Listen:(1d20-1)[5]
    Mv Silently:(1d20+3)[9]
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  30. - Top - End - #330
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As Verossa approaches Drayner, he says "wolves" and he looks in the direction that it came from "I think I'll have a look down there when our shift is over"
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-08-30 at 09:03 PM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •