Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    EDIT: Double Post
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-08-30 at 01:34 AM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    By your best judgement it's time for the watch to change.
    Looking at the sky you can see clouds starting to obscure the stars, the moon passing in and out from behind them.

    As Verossa tries her best to make as little noise as possible, the sleeping members of the party start making restless sounds as the snapping of twigs and crunching and scraping of boots on small stones can be heard.
    **Drayner and Verossa, another Listen check please**


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot(1d20-1)[14]
    listen(1d20-1)[0]
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  4. - Top - End - #334
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "watch's over" As Drayner comes out of his hiding spot as quietly as possible takes another look around the campsite before turning to Verossa "I think I might try and see what the wolves are up to. You wake the next person, I'll see if I can get a better view."

    Drayner looks around for a tree or anything that might give him a good spot to look from, and hopefully keep him out of danger if anything goes wrong.

    If he finds one he attempts to climb it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen (1d20+1)[12]
    Climb (1d20+1)[7]
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa quietly touches Halabur on the shoulder. "Hey, Captain Underpants, pull your hand out and take watch. Careful, something out there. Wolves, I'm told. Doesn't seem to want to mess with us though"

    With that, she moves to the tree Drayner is attempting to climb and guards his posterior as it ascends, looking toward the darkness of the forest.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  6. - Top - End - #336
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur shuddered as he heard Verossa mention wolves. "As long as I'm not being set up for bait I'll be fine." he says as he takes up his post.

  7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    After some moments of grunting and muttered curses Drayner finally managers to get up the stunted, twisted excuse for a tree, gathering a nice little collection of scrapes and minor cuts on his hands along the way.

    Once positioned as securely as possible in the upper branches and searching the landscape as well as he can in darkness only broken occasionally by moonshadows, Drayner finally makes his way back to the ground.

    Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately you can no longer hear the wolves anymore and there is no sign of them out amongst the small hills that make up the countryside.


    Verossa:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear nothing at all apart from the wind and Drayner's grunting as he climbs the tree.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa would to make a dirty joke involving being underneath a grunting man, but restrains herself. Once Drayner is down she backs toward the camp, keeping her glaive ready to swing at anything coming from the direction of the sounds she didn't hear.

    "OK Panty-Raider. I'm getting some kip. Keep good watch, and should anything kill you, remember to scream."
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-08-31 at 11:25 PM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  9. - Top - End - #339
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As Drayner returns to the ground he looks to the awoken companions"Well, I can't hear them anymore, so we should be alright. I'm gonna catch some sleep, have fun Halabur." And Drayner proceeds to fall into his bedroll, he lets out a groan as the cuts and bruises he forgot about, make themselves known to him once again.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif rolls over in his tent, sleeps soundly, and dreams strangely.

    Padding through the leaf litter of an autumnal forest floor, with long black shadows cast by the fading light. The trees dark, oddly straight and narrow, like a charcoal drawing.

    They loom so high above, that Raif realises he must be much smaller than his human frame. A ghostly howl floats through the forest. The light dies, and the moon lights the scene in black and white. It's never seemed so bright to Raif. He moves forward through the night-time wood, and not one of his four feet make any noise.

    Catching sight of something silver glinting in the moonlight, Raif finds his reflection in a puddle; a whiskery, striped face of a cat.

    Raif stalks on, following a spacious track way beaten through the forest. He comes to a clearing in the lea of a cliff, lit by fire. There he sees his companions, even Halabur towering over him. They look much like they do in life, except Verossa has a bright-feathered duck on her head, and Halabur's riding a giant, fluffy guinea-pig. They're all wounded, and staring into a dark cave mouth in the cliff.

    'Come back, beast, and fight with honour! I challenge you to a duel, upon your beasthood!' bellows Lady Elenora

    Raif brushes up against Halabur's Guinea pig, arching his back.

    'Looks like you've got a new hat, Captain', jokes dream Verossa.

    'Watch out, it's coming back!' squeals the Guinea pig.

    Daranad draws his trusty kazoo and plays a miraculous tune, and suddenly everyone shines with renewed resolve.

    Verossa draws a weapon like a iron cactus. Drayner gasps, and gathers a sparkly fireball in his hands.

    A hideous apparition emerges from the cave, the size of a Red Dragon - pink paws and tail, grey-brown fur, enormous teeth, and whiskers the length of a spear.

    Raif hisses, and the mouse darts back into its hole.


    'Mmm...' the cleric turns in his sleep.

    Another dream in black and white. A market square fallen to ruin, next to a stone fortress. Fewer people, all falling into dirt and decay, as famine and pestilence try the body. People stoop to prey upon their neighbour - become savage. A world of ashes and dirt. The dreamer's vision is about twenty feet above the ground, a birds-eye lookout to watch the day by day slide into depravity, framed by iron bars.

    Wherever people stand in the square, and however desperate, or hurried, or furtive, they avoid looking at the watcher: their eyes never turn in that direction, as though fearing something.

    It's as though the watcher no longer exists in the world. It's as though the watcher has departed the world and returned as a ghost - or a wraith.


    Raif wakes with a start, sweating, heart racing.

    Unfair. Sleep is a time for dreaming. Not remembering.

    Raif takes a while to calm himself. Then he calls into the dark.

    'Is it time for my watch?'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As the watch changes so does the weather. The clouds getting thicker and darker (even at night), the wind picking up more making the tall grass all around you sway violently.

    **Halabur and Raif, Spot and Listen checks please **


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  12. - Top - End - #342
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+1)[14]
    Listen (1d20+3)[6]

  13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    There's no reply, so fearing the worst, Raif goes about the tents, checking on everyone to make sure that they're alive.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen [roll1d20+4[/roll]
    Spot (1d20+4)[19]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry
    Listen (1d20+4)[18]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Apart from the snores and mumblings of your companions you hear nothing but the wind in the grass and shrubs.
    Dawn slowly breaks, the newly rising sun giving the clouds a deep red glow on the horizon yet right above you they an almost solid black.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As dawn arrives those of you who are awake see the roiling storm clouds above you and the affects of near gale strength winds on the countryside.
    Your horses (and pony) don't seem to like the weather too much as they are stamping hooves and wickering loudly.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  17. - Top - End - #347
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "The horses aren't behaving. Let's hope that it's only due to the weather."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ride: [roll]1d20+2[/roll]
    Handle animal: [roll]1d20+1[/roll]
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-09-04 at 07:41 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #348
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora awoke with a start as strong gust of wind blew bits of dirt and gravel into her face. She grumbled, rose, and ran her fingers hurriedly through her hair before packing up her bedroll.

    The wind began to blow even harder, and horses' cries pulled her suddenly from her morning stupor. The dame jogged quickly to the spot where the animals had been tied down and attempted to soothe them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Handle Animal (if necessary): (1d20+3)[15]


    "There, there. Calm thyself, Valor," Eleanora cooed to her horse as she stroked its face and mane. "It is alright. Be calm,"

    The dame smiled grimly at Halabur's words as she tended to the horses.

    "Aye, let's hope. I'd rather this just be the wind than what may ride upon it,"
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-09-03 at 09:21 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Bad weather's bad enough'. grumbles Raif Clearsight.

    'If it gets really bad, we may need to take shelter. I know we're in a hurry, but losing a horse will slow us down much more'.

    Raif's helping to put away the tents, and stow the equipment.

    Wish I had prepared a lie to bend the weather.

    Raif decides to pack away his armour, instead of wearing it in the rain.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa has no idea what to do about Fighter. Typical. Big thing that doesn't like what can't be hit. I named him well. She moves to him and strokes his mane. Trim his sails? Drop off ballast? Splice the parrot? Death to the French?

    And then, hoping that her well-practised thighs will accomplish something, attempts to mount him.

    ride check:(1d20+3)[20]
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-09-04 at 06:16 AM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  21. - Top - End - #351
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ride: (1d20+2)[9]
    Handle animal: (1d20+1)[20]

  22. - Top - End - #352
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner stands, and as he packs away his bedroll and disguise kit his attentian finally falls to the wheather "Wait" he says almost absentmindedly as he stares at the cloud gathering above them. After a few seconds he looks away and dons his armour before getting on shadow. "Let's go, time is of the essence After a few seconds Drayner breaks in again "Did anyone else notice that huge shadow when we left? To me it looked like it had wings... I hope they can handle themselves back there" And he looks back in the direction they came looking for what he anticipates to be survivors trying to catch up with them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Activate detect magic when looking at the cloud
    Ride (untrained): (1d20+3)[19]
    Handle Animal (untrained): (1d20+3)[5]
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    After a few moments of Eleanora's attention the horses calm down, though they are still a little skitterish because of the wind.
    You all manage to mount easily enough and even walking out from behind the cover of the rocks you don't have trouble keeping your mounts under control.

    Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The clouds appear to be totally natural, no traces of magic what so ever.


    **Spot and Listen checks for the first third of the day please.**


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+4)[13]
    Listern (1d20+4)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  25. - Top - End - #355
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Aye," Eleanora scanned the clouds as she replied to Drayner. "Whatever that was in the sky, I fear that it may bode ill us,"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot:(1d20)[17]
    Listen:(1d20)[4]

  26. - Top - End - #356
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+1)[13]
    Listen (1d20+3)[11]

  27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Ominous words. I didn't see anything" growled Verossa.

    She'll let Lady Eleanora, as the best horseperson, take the lead today, while see drops into second place.

    Spot/Listen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot:(1d20-1)[7]
    Listen:(1d20-1)[3]


    "Sorry, did somebody say something? I wasn't listening".

    ((This is why wisdom-based casting is always better))
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-09-04 at 09:33 PM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  28. - Top - End - #358
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "huh, well does anyone know what it might have been... I swear I saw wings." Drayner looks around, part of him is looking for the wolves that dissapeard, but he checks the sky more often than most. "At least these clouds are natural, no magic in them guys... how far away do you think we are?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    SPOT: (1d20+1)[15]
    LISTEN: (1d20+1)[8]
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    After an hour and a half of riding head first into the wind you start to angle towards the west as the mountains start to curve.
    In the slight gully between two of the small, grassy hills you come across the shredded and mauled remains of what was once an animal. There is very little left of it, even some of the bones seemed to have been devoured.
    Around the carcas you notice the tracks of maybe a dozen wolves, though some appear larger than the others. From the looks of the blood you can guess this animal was killed about five to six hours before you came across it.

    As you carry on there is not much to see really, more hills, more grass and dozens upon dozens of outcroppings of those twisted, spiny looking bushes.

    Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When you look towards the sky you see nothing but the clouds roiling in the wind.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  30. - Top - End - #360
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur shudders as he sees the tattered remains. "I pity the poor thing." he continues to look over the tracks. "I wonder though... Do wolves normally grow to a large size? Some of these tracks look bigger than the others."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •