Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The goblin Verossa strikes lets out a howl, his body starting to spasm as the blade of her glaive digs deeper into his flesh. With one final wail of pain, and you think fear, his eyes close and his body goes limp.

    The one standing just off to his right yells something in a harsh, screeching voice as he steps back and lines his bow up directly at Verossa, releasing the knocked shaft as quickly as he gets a clear shot.

    Shortbow attack: (1d20+3)[6]
    Crit confirm (if required): [1d20+3[/ROLL]
    Damage: (1d6)[4]
    Crit Damage (if required): (3d6)[8]

    Unfortunately his haste proved to work against him as the arrow streaks high over Verossa's head.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-09-06 at 11:41 PM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa's eyebrow twitches at the goblins surreal inaccuracy. "I feel your pain. Soon it will be over."
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-09-07 at 04:25 AM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif Clearsight moves to F14, flail at the ready. (2 North and 1 East relative to Daranad)

    'Good work Halabur. Casters, keep back'.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As Raif advances the two spear armed Goblins raise their weapons and charge directly at him (the one on the left (Spearlin 1) charges to F13, the one on the right (Spearlin 3) charges to F15), screaming their challenge as they thrust their spears at Raif.

    Spearlin 3: Attack: (1d20+4)[21]
    Crit confirm (if required): (1d20+4)[6]
    Damage: (1d6)[6]
    Crit Damage: (3d6)[13]


    Spearlin 1: Attack: (1d20+4)[12]
    Crit confirm (if required): (1d20+4)[9]
    Damage: (1d6)[3]
    Crit Damage: (3d6)[4]

    Raif feels a sharp sting as the head of one of the spears finds a gap in his armour, tearing through skin and flesh, embedding itself deep in his thigh.
    The sound of metal scrapping against metal is heard as the other Goblins spear slides along Raif's chestplate.

    EDIT:**Oops... Forgot to add the flanking bonus for 'Spearlin 1', oh well, looks like it wouldn't have made a difference .
    Decided to do them both in the same post as they are in consecutive order of action and it means no double post.**
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-09-07 at 07:35 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  5. - Top - End - #395
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora dashed to her horse and quickly hefted herself onto it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ride (Fast Mount): (1d20+8)[24]


    "Onward, Valor! Take me to the enemy!"

    She kicked her heels into its sides and directed it towards the spear-wielding goblins.
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-09-07 at 06:47 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #396
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ride (Guide with knees): (1d20+8)[10]
    Ride (Control mount in combat):(1d20+8)[25]
    Ride (Fight with warhorse): (1d20+8)[27]
    Attack:(1d20+7)[12]
    Crit Confirm (if required)(1d20+7)[19]
    Damage:(1d8+3)[9]
    Damage (if crit)(2d8+6)[21]

    Spoiler
    Show
    (If rolling for the horse)
    Attack:(1d20+6)[20]
    Crit Confirm (if required)(1d20+6)[17]
    Damage:(1d6+4)[7]
    Damage (if crit)(2d6+8)[13]



    EDIT: Sorry, forgot Inspire Courage. +1 Atk and Damage
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-09-07 at 10:13 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As Eleanora charges forwards up the hill towards her foe, slashing downwards as she rides up next to the Goblin.
    Her longsword slicing through the air just above the Goblin's shoulder as Valor kicks out, catching it dead center in the chest, creating a loud crunching as the Goblin's breath explodes from him, along with blood.
    As the horses hooves return to the ground the Goblin quickly follows suit, sprawling face down on the ground.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-09-08 at 05:21 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Watching as his companion is brought to the ground in one strike, the last 'Bowlin' slowly creeps around the edge of the combat area (moving from N25 to P22) and lines up a shoot at the female warrior with the two-handed weapon.

    Bow Attack: (1d20+3)[15]
    Crit confirm (if required): [1d20+3[/ROLL]
    Damage: (1d6)[5]
    Crit Damage (if required): (3d6)[7]

    Growling in frustration as his arrow bounces harmlessly from the glancing blow to her back.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-09-08 at 05:31 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Oh baby, do that again."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  10. - Top - End - #400
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner rears up on his horse as a long thing black spear of pure energy appears in his hands, and as his horse goes down, his arm is brought down and he releases the blast of energy at the bowgoblin who is closest to the group.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Eldritch Blast at Bowgoblin 1 (range: 250ft)
    Atk vs Touch: (1d20+5)[12] +1 from bless +1 from inspire courage
    Damage: (2d8)[11] +1 from bless +1 from inspire courage
    Can eldritch blast crit? if so here's the roll.
    If crit: (1d20+5)[15] +1 from bless +1 from inspire courage
    Crit Damage: (2d8)[16] +1 from bless +1 from inspire courage
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-09-08 at 07:14 AM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **D_Man, neither of the remaining 'Bowlin's' have been injured as yet, also you forgot the +1 from Inspire Courage**


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    A brief moment after Drayner throws his bolt of crackling force the Goblin starts to convulse. His skin drying and cracking as blood seeps slowly from his eyes.
    Eldritch energy jumping all over his body as the Goblin falls to the ground, still spasming, his body contorting in disconcerting ways, not even a scream able to escape his lips.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll to determine priority between Daranard and the 'Unknown' enemy: (1d20)[10]
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-09-08 at 10:42 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  14. - Top - End - #404
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Daranad

    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll to see who goes first: (1d20)[6]

  15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As things are starting to look really grim for the Goblin's, the being that the center Spearlin shouted to comes into Eleanora's view. A tall, powerful looking creature with sharp teeth and an elongated snout rides straight towards her upon the back of a large looking wolf-like creature.
    Bellowing in fury it lashes out with it's morningstar, aiming right for the Knight's chest.

    Morningstar Attack: (1d20+5)[11]
    Crit confirm (if required): (1d20+5)[23]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[5]
    Crit Damage (if required): (2d8+4)[20]

    Eleanora is rocked with the power of the blow as it deflects off her shield.
    The wolf-like creature balking at the last moment of the charge, turning it head and snapping wildly at the out of reach leg of it's rider.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-09-08 at 11:26 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  16. - Top - End - #406
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Daranad

    I pull out my shortbow and loose a quick shot in a spear-wielding goblin's direction.

    Spoiler
    Show

    At the goblin to the farthest left (if open).
    Attack(1d20+3)[19]
    Crit Confirm(1d20+3)[20]
    Damage(1d6)[3]
    Crit Damage(3d6)[14]
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-09-08 at 11:32 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    You arrow pierces the Goblin in the back of the neck, jolting him forwards, causing him to stumble into Raif before toppling onto his back, staring up at the sky with glazed eyes.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  18. - Top - End - #408
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Malak'ai View Post
    **For my own reference**
    Spoiler
    Show
    Order of Action:
    Halabur
    Verossa
    Bow Gob1
    Raif
    Spear Gob3
    Spear Gob 1
    Eleanora
    Bow Gob 3
    Bow Gob 2
    Spear Gob 2
    Drayner
    Daranard/Unknown
    .

    "Eleanora!" Halabur cries as she's hit. Watch yourself villain! He calls at the new arrival "You'll find much magic has been passed down the Balaban line! Such as tricks like these!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casts Blinding Color Surge on the new arrival, if he fails a Will save, DC 19, then he is blinded for one round. Regardless whether his save is successful or not, I gain invisibility for three rounds.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-09-08 at 07:28 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **Map for turn 2**

    Spoiler
    Show


    As the magical energies surround the large figure opposing Eleanora he starts shaking his head and using his free hand to try and clear his vision.

    Will Save: (1d20+1)[14]

    Screaming with a mixture of shock, anger and fear, the Bugbear starts flailing his morningstar around as his eyes go a glassy white as the spell takes his vision.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-09-08 at 08:19 PM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  20. - Top - End - #410
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora's face was set with grim satisfaction as she noted the sickening crunch of bone that erupted from the goblin's chest.

    "Well met, boy! Now..." The dame's voice trailed off as an enormous figure came crashing into her at full speed. Instinctively, she threw up her shield. Just in time. Shocks rocked her body as the bugbear's morningstar clashed against her shield. She felt her skull rattle from the blow, and her arm felt like jelly. But she held.

    Dazed, the knight batted the hulking goblin's weapon to the side to stave off a second attack. In the haze of battle, she could have sworn she heard her name. Suddenly, there was a flash, and the bugbear's eyes went white. Alarmed, Eleanora spun towards the source of the magic, only to see Halabur, still poised to cast. A flood of relief washed over her and she flashed the gnome a huge grin before turning back to her opponent.
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-09-08 at 10:13 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Playtime's postponed little children, adults are talking." says Verossa, turning away from the goblins archers to charge the hulking newcomer (going for a flank with Eleanora if possible, if not, not).

    BAB+3+3 str+2 charging+1 bless+1 IC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack(1d20+10)[27]
    Damage (1d10+5)[12]
    CCIN: (1d20+10)[16]
    Crit damage: (3d10+15)[33]
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **Does Verossa have enough movement to make it? From my calculations, charging diagonally will require 65' of charge.**


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **I don't know what system you're using for diagonals. Does that include the reach of her weapon? Well, if she can't, the attack goes on the Speargoblin on the way, next to Raif**
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **Using the normal moving on the diagonal rules:

    Diagonals

    When measuring distance, the first diagonal counts as 1 square, the second counts as 2 squares, the third counts as 1, the fourth as 2, and so on.

    You canít move diagonally past a corner (even by taking a 5-foot step). You can move diagonally past a creature, even an opponent.

    You can also move diagonally past other impassable obstacles, such as pits.
    And yes, you do have the range, I forgot the extra reach.**

    Bellowing in rage and extreme pain as Verossa's glaive gouges a deep furrow in the Bugbear's arm and side, blood exploding from the wound.
    Even with the viciousness of her attack, the Bugbear remains on his mount, albeit, starting to slump as the agony and bloodloss take effect.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-09-08 at 11:57 PM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa bites back a comment about blindness and how the bugbear currently looks that would come across as cold and sadistic, and for which she'd not be able to forgive herself.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  26. - Top - End - #416
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Clearsight grimaces as he takes the hit.

    Pain is only in the mind. Hold it, imagine it reducing to a single point of light, then snuff it out.

    Then he sees the bugbear come over the rise.

    I'll need to mend my flesh just to stay standing. I failed in my duty as a healer to stay sound enough to support the others

    Then Elenora cuts down the goblin to his left.

    'My thanks, my Lady'.

    Looking about quickly, Raif Clearsight sees that most of the goblins are down.

    Falling behind here...

    Raif raises his morningstar and tries to bring it down on the last spear-goblin.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+5)[11]
    Damage (1d8+2)[4]
    Crit confirm (1d20+5)[21]
    Crit Damage (2d8+2)[17]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Ducking the blow from the plate clad man, the Goblin screeches something that you take for curses and stabs at Raif again.

    Attack: (1d20+2)[12]
    Crit confirm (if required): (1d20+2)[13]
    Damage: (1d6)[1]
    Crit Damage (if required): (1d6)[6]

    The head of the Goblin's spear skirting long Raif's armour until it slides harmlessly into the air under his arm. The Goblin overbalancing a little, glancing up at the balding little Cleric with a look that shows the Goblin is now thinking this was a really bad idea.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-09-09 at 04:23 PM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  28. - Top - End - #418
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif curses, and looks about.

    'Let's try to take one captive'.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  29. - Top - End - #419
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora laughed with relief as Verossa's blade came crashing down into the bugbear's arm. Sensing an opportunity, the dame twisted in the saddle and swung her sword toward the massive goblin.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ride (Guide with knees): (1d20+8)[9]
    Ride (Control mount in combat): (1d20+8)[15]
    Ride (Fight with warhorse): (1d20+8)[9]
    Attack: (1d20+9)[25]
    Crit Confirm (if required): (1d20+9)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[6]
    Damage (if crit): (2d8+10)[20]

    Valor:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+9)[12]
    Crit Confirm (if required): (1d20+9)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[8]
    Damage (if crit): (2d8+10)[19]


  30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    While still flailing around, screaming curses, some of them you can actually make out through it's guttural accent, the Bugbear is left practically unable to ward off more blows.
    Unfortunately this is proven a moment later as Dame Eleanora's sword blade snakes out, piercing the Bugbear's throat just under it's chin, driving right through so the point emerges from the other side causing it's yells to become nothing but bubbling gurgles as the Bugbear's throat fills with blood then eventually gushes out of his wide open mouth.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •