Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Watching from across the battlefield as the mounted warrior and the large female brute with the bladed pole of death quickly deal to the hairy thuggish beast that had bullied him and his companions for the last week of so, the final Bowlin decided that now would be a good time to forget this day ever happened.
    Dropping his bow and turning back the way he had come he starts sprinting as fast as he can back into the tall grass, hoping he wont be noticed if he moves quickly and keeps his head down.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  2. - Top - End - #422
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Ignore this post. I was a bit over eager.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-09-09 at 07:40 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **Arranis... It's not your turn yet. We have Draynor, Daranard and the big evil wolf thing to go as yet**


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  4. - Top - End - #424
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **with a 60ft move speed would the guy running away be within 30ft? (sorry can't see the map atm)
    EDIT: I'm on a horse, do I need a ride check to move? and would I make it with the horses movement speed?**


    Drayner rides Shadow as fast as possible in front of the goblin, and prepares a spear of crackling eldritch energy in his hand and his eyes seem to glow red and he shouts "STOP AND SURRENDER! And you may live to see tomorrow!"

    Intimidation attempt!

    **Double Move, run if necessary, horse move speed, does that do it?**
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-09-09 at 08:17 PM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **You will completely out of range for Baleful Utterance, the Goblin, at the moment is sprinting as hard as he can (4 x 20 = 80) and, even using the horses base movement you were 10' from where the Goblin started from. Also, it had already dropped it's bow .
    No you don't need to take a ride check because you weren't actually 'in combat' as in, you had no enemies around you/trying to avoid getting hit/trying to make a melee attack from horseback.**


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  6. - Top - End - #426
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **Oh, damn, I changed to the quiver after realising that he dropped his bow (he had to put his arrows somewhere) changing previous post then**
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  7. - Top - End - #427
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    and for the intimidate attempt: (1d20+4)[17]
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **Doable with running, though I will ask for a DC 12 Ride check to be able to stop and turn the horse abruptly.**

    As the mounted foe overtakes him, the Goblin tries to stop before colliding with the animal, skidding and then finally slipping onto his back, he starts scrambling backwards, looking around him for another direction to scamper away in.
    As the rider roars at him, he raises his head, a look of confusion on his face as he has no idea what was just said.

    **Woohoo... Stock-standard Goblin's don't speak Common .**


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  9. - Top - End - #429
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Ride check: (1d20+3)[13]

    Drayner tries the same phrase again in elven instead though. Gesturing to the ground in hopes to get something through.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Still slowly backing away, the Goblin keeps his eyes on the man on the horse who is now gesturing, in what seems to be a 'come here' manner, at the ground.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **Since Draynor and the Goblin are far away from the rest of you, I have deemed them to have 'left combat' and may act freely... Now... Back to the fight **

    With it's rider now falling limply from it's back, the Worg lowers itself into attack position, looking from the mounted foe before it and the tall warrior on foot.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll to see which it attacks: (1d3)[2]
    1 = Valor
    2 = Verossa
    3 = Eleanora


    Deciding the foe on the ground to be the easier meal it pounces, jaws wide as the Worg attempts to bit Verossa's throat out.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-09-09 at 09:00 PM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Worg Attack:
    Bite attack: (1d20+7)[23]
    Crit confirm (if required): (1d20+7)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[8]
    Crit Damage (if required): (2d6+8)[11]

    Growling as it's teeth sink into the flesh of the woman's shoulder the Worg starts worrying it's foe, shaking it's head violently before letting go and returning to a crouch ready to react to what happens next.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-09-09 at 09:10 PM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  13. - Top - End - #433
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Daranad

    I scan the battlefield looking for a clear target and curse at the lack of a clear shot. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the spear-wielding goblin take a strike at Raif.

    I charge toward the goblin, dropping my bow and unsheathing my sword, gripping it in both hands.

    "Have at you!" I scream as I bring my blade down.

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-09-09 at 11:57 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **Damn, what sort of sword are you using to get to roll a d26 for damage? I want one **


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  15. - Top - End - #435
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+8)[12] +2 flanking
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+8)[15]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[8]
    Crit Damage: (2d6+12)[19]
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-09-10 at 12:17 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **You didn't need to re-roll your attack. I saw it was originally a 25 so I'll go with that**

    Looking up as he hears a loud shout off to his side, the Goblin just has time to see the blade of a sword descending towards him.
    His eyes go wide and before he can utter a sound the sword catches him across the temple.
    The steel cleaving through bone and brain matter like a scythe through wheat, the Goblin crumples at Daranard's feet, the slice of scalp and skull coming to rest a few feet away.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **Map for turn 3**

    Spoiler
    Show


    **Woo, almost through with your first combat! **
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-09-10 at 07:59 AM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  18. - Top - End - #438
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur aims his wand at the beast and fires another volley of magic missile.

    (1d4+1)[2]

    Sorry beastie, but this morsel bites back!

    Spoiler
    Show
    I think I lose invisibility if I attack, is that right?

  19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **Yep, unless it's classed as Improved Invisibility**

    The Worg flinches then continues to watch it's opponents while snarling and snapping at them.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa give a short "Ha!" as the worg's teeth sinks into her shoulder. "That's it boy. Good doggie. I like to play rough.".

    Taking a step north east (5FtStep in that direction, hoping to set up a flank for Eleanora), she swings her glaive at the creature.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+8)[19] Damage (1d10+5)[8]
    CCIR:(1d20+8)[14]
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The Worg lets out a small yelp as Verossa's glaive strikes it in the shoulder, splitting fur and flesh deeply.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  22. - Top - End - #442
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif winces as the Worg bites into Verossa.

    I'd better take care of that.

    Then Raif hears Verossa taunt the beast, and move away.

    Can't get to her. Oh, well, she doesn't seem too badly hurt. If I don't keep myself alive, I'm no good to anyone.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Cure Light Wounds on self.
    (1d8+3)[7]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  23. - Top - End - #443
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif fixes his mind on the image of his knee whole, feels the flesh knit under his hand.

    As if I needed any more proof that this were fantasy. Just by changing my mind, I alter my body.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  24. - Top - End - #444
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora gripped Valor tightly between her knees, leaning to the side to get a better angle against the warg.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ride (Fight with warhorse): (1d20+8)[21]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[31]
    Crit Confirm (if required): (1d20+11)[20]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[6]
    Damage (if crit): (2d8+10)[23]


    Spoiler
    Show
    Valor
    Attack: (1d20+6)[7]
    Crit Confirm (if required): (1d20+6)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[8]
    Damage (if crit): (2d6+8)[15]

    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-09-11 at 05:11 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #445
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    AAAAARGH! If I'm not forgetting one thing, it's another.

    Ride (Guide with knees): (1d20+8)[21]


    With one fluid motion, Eleanora snatched Valor's reins with her left hand and whipped her feet out from her stirrups. Sliding from the saddle, she threw herself over the horse's flank, using the force of her fall to drive her blade deep into the warg's skull.

    Bone splintered and blood bubbled as the dame's sword slashed through flesh and hide, skull and brain, cutting a deep furrow through the beast's head. The creature fell heavily to ground, its life's blood staining the grass and dirt a deep, dark shade of crimson.

    Her enemy vanquished, Eleanora hoisted herself bodily back into the saddle before sheathing her sword. She wiped the sweat from her eyes, then turned to view her companion.

    "Many thanks for your assistance." Eleanora said to Verossa, still buzzing with adrenaline. "Are you alright?"
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-09-11 at 05:52 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa looks up, her eyes blazing over her smile. "Just a little reminder that I'm still alive. The one that ran, we need to ride him down. Somebody shouted something about us being the Chosen of the Coalition, and that's not the sort of thing we want our enemies knowing."

    She moves to Fighter and mounts up.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  27. - Top - End - #447
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    If able to act:

    The dame nodded and kicked her heels into her horse's sides, spurring it on after the remaining goblin.

  28. - Top - End - #448
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Noticing his allies dropping the final foe, Drayner dismounts his horse and stands in front of the goblin, holding his hand out to help the goblin up, uttering a few words underneath his breath, still holding his horse's reins with the other hand.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Comprehend Language when the goblin touches him so I can at least understand the goblin, still can't talk to him though.
    Sense Motive: (1d20+7)[21] if he can trust the goblin's likely fearful state not to stab him.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  29. - Top - End - #449
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur rides off after them before stopping and eyeing the Bugbear in obvious interest. I think Sparklelord and I would only slow you down! he calls out to them. I look over their supplies!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Begin looting the Bugbear,
    Search (1d20+4)[7]
    Spot (1d20+1)[21]
    Knowledge Arcana (1d20+10)[24]

  30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **You all receive 300xp from the combat and another 400xp for RP in the camp**

    Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Goblin stops scampering backwards and just stares at you, a look of confusion crossing his face.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You get the feeling that he is unlikely to attack you.


    Halabur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your quick search over the body of the Bugbear uncovers very little other than his leather armour, morningstar and a pouch containing a half dozen uncut gems and a handful of assorted coins (32gp worth).


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •