Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 480 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    If possible, Verossa will attempt to ride around the tableau of goblin and Warlock, and dismount behind the goblin.

    "New friend, Drayner? I predict this relationship shall be short but touching" She holds out her glaive, the blood running down her bare right arm already darkening to rivulets of dark brown.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner looks up to Verossa and her bloody polearm, slowly moving his arm forward and pushing it to the side gently. (with the arm that isn't still held out to help the goblin up)

    "He does not speak common or elven, he may have information we could use. Or he could be a conscription, they might not just conscript from towns theyhave taken over... or he could be a bandit, and lead us to their hoard."

    He looks down to the goblin and grabs it's arms with both hands and hoists him up standing straight. If the goblin resists, Drayner just drops him back to the ground.

    "I don't think he'll be much of a problem, but if he is, go ahead, at least I can understand anything he says now, still can't talk back though"

    He looks down thoughtful for a moment, before looking over to where Raif, and Elanora are coming from. Then back to Verossa, "If you want him dead, kill him now, because once everyone arrives, I'll ask if any can speak goblin... then you can kill him if you see fit." Drayner flashes devilish smile at Verossa briefly.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-09-12 at 04:31 PM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The Goblin, hearing another horse approaching fast starts quivering again, curling up into a ball on the ground, one arm covering it's head, the other waving wildly, trying to fend off any attacks that may come.

    Suddenly, being wrenched from the ground it screams something then goes limp, staring at the man with the demon eyes, shaking, waiting for the brief moment of agony that is bound to come.

    Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once you've touched him you understand what he screamed. "Make it quick, make it quick!"


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa looks down at the goblin. Her weapon ready to strike, but doesn't move or speak.

    ((A no-action post. I know when it's not my scene.))
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  5. - Top - End - #455
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif's about to heal Verossa, but she swings up onto Warrior.

    Clearsight curses, and swings himself up onto Filofax.

    'Verossa, wait!'

    Raif Clearsight sees Verossa and Drayner standing over the prone figure of the goblin.

    'Ha. Well done, you've caught him'. Raif rummages in his backpack and brings out his silk rope.

    'Could you give me a hand with this?'

    Raif grins.

    'We can learn much from this one. Of course, keeping him alive until we can interrogate him properly will be difficult, but well worth the effort. After all, if we're going to disrupt the Hand's goblin armies we're going to need to learn about their culture. The advancements I'll make in the goblin language alone should more than repay us'.

    Raif pulls up next to Verossa.

    'May I heal you? All you have to do is give me your hand. I warn you, it will hurt'.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If Verossa accepts
    Cure Moderate Wounds (2d8+3)[11]

    Sense Motive on Drayner and Verossa (1d20+5)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  6. - Top - End - #456
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora shot Raif a glance.

    "Just how do you intend to get information from our prisoner?" She said, her voice harsh.

  7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa shoots out her right arm toward Raif and moves the glaive to the left. "I don't mind if it hurts. But I'm sure you know that by now". She doesn't keep her eyes off the goblin.
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-09-12 at 06:39 PM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  8. - Top - End - #458
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif Clearsight smiles enthusiastically.

    'Initially, by observation. There's so much we can learn, just from his body language, daily customs, what sort of things he likes to eat, what he does not. I hope to discover cultural taboos, what sort of things they like, basic physiology, and so on...

    Of course, direct communication will be impossible at first, unless one of us has a spell that allows us to speak the goblin language'.


    Raif Clearsight dims slightly, then lights up.

    'But I have purchased a book, and by listening to our prisoner I expect to progress quickly'.

    Raif hears Verossa.

    'Hmm? Yes, I expect it will be a challenging, and ultimately painful meeting of minds, as both of us challenge our cultural assumptions'.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Raif examines the goblin for initial impressions
    Roll Wisdom? Spot? Same roll anyhow. (1d20+4)[17]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  9. - Top - End - #459
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora cocked her head slightly, then gave a relieved smile.

    "I appear to have misjudged you, Raif Clearsight. Please accept my apologies. I was worried that your intention was to torture him." She said.
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-09-12 at 07:06 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #460
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif Clearsight smiles back at Elenora.

    'Oh, certainly not. It's one thing to kill in self-defence, or when you have to, but this person's little threat to us disarmed and bound.

    As our captive, we are responsible for him. Just as I try to be responsible for the spiritual welfare of all those around me'.


    Clearsight looks at Elenora with a sad smile.

    'The truths I tell are hard to hear...but I believe that people are ultimately the better for hearing them'.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  11. - Top - End - #461
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Daranad

    The battle over, I sheathe my sword, pick up my bow, and rejoin the rest of the party.

    "A-ha! Our very first prisoner! You have all done a wonderful job, my boon companions!" I eye the goblin curiously. "Does he speak Common? Or Dwarven perhaps?"
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-09-12 at 07:16 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #462
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif's a little crestfallen at Daranad's question.

    'I was hoping that you might have a spell that would allow you to speak his language.

    But Dwarven's probably the best bet. We should try all the languages we have'.


    Raif mouths some strange and mellifluous words at the goblin.

    '...?'

    Spoiler
    Show
    In Celestial 'Do you understand me?'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  13. - Top - End - #463
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur finally makes his way to the rest of the group. "I found a small amount of gold and gems on the bugbear, a little more than thirtys worth." He turns to the captive goblin, and says in perfect goblin, "Well hello there, you're an ugly litte guy aren't you? I hope you're being cooperative with these good people, they're a bit forceful if they don't get their way."

  14. - Top - End - #464
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner shakes his head at the goblin, before turning to the rest of the group.

    "I can understand him, but I'm afraid I can't to him, I was hoping someone else could. He thinks we are going to kill him, I think attempting to scare him into submission was a little too successful. He does not understand common or elven, I have tried communicating with him but to little avail."

    EDIT 'cause I got ninja'd: "Our gnomish friend seems to fluently speak goblin, if you couldn't tell already. He is just making sure that he will be well behaved in our custody"
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-09-12 at 07:47 PM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  15. - Top - End - #465
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    So what exactly are we doing with this little guy?

  16. - Top - End - #466
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif's a little flummoxed.

    'I didn't know you spoke Goblin Halabur'!

    'Well this will certainly make things easier'.' Clearsight opines.

    'Well, first, let's ask him why they attacked us. Then let's try to find out whether they're working for the cult. We also need to know if there are any more goblins in the area, and if so, whether we can expect to run into them. That's for starters.

    I think that we should tell him he will not be harmed, if he co-operates; that we will treat him well - give him food, water and healing'.
    Raif Clearsight pauses.

    'And we should probably tell him that we will release him when we have learnt all we wish to - though no need to mention that that may be some time...'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  17. - Top - End - #467
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Oh yes I speak goblin." Halabur says with a disturbing gleam in his eye. "I hate goblins. Goblins hate me. It's a beautiful relationship." And with a glare he relays the promise of food and healing.

  18. - Top - End - #468
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Daranad

    " A most excellent plan, Raif. I couldn't have come up with a better one myself." I give the goblin a friendly smile. "Who knows? Perhaps we may even be able to convince the little wretch that his efforts would much better be spent fighting under my command, for the glory of all that is good!" I say, half-joking.

    It matters not who may be the first to join my army, so long as they do, and are fully loyal. Perhaps this little goblin may have that potential...

  19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Is he a Covenanter? Or merely their slave? Or, if not theirs, whose slave is he?" Verossa says tonelessly.

    "And whichever way he answers, which way do we find his master? Or avoid him, as might be the best decision right now. We have our mission. Bullying such as he is not following it."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  20. - Top - End - #470
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Now explain yourself, my little green friend, why did you attack us? Who do you work for?

  21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    The Goblin stands there, still shivering, looking from each of you in turn then replies to Halabur's questions in a shaky, scared voice.

    Halabur and Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You in way. We track lost pack and you in way.
    Loknarg chief. Gronig pack keeper. Pack run off in night. Loknarg send Gronig and others to find them."
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-09-13 at 06:22 PM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  22. - Top - End - #472
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Pack? A pack of Wargs has got loose?

  23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa takes her glaive in both hands. "That promises to be fun. Which direction? And is it remotely relevant to our particular mission? Of which I won't speak"
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  24. - Top - End - #474
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur relays Verossa's question and adds, "And tell me more about Loknarg."

  25. - Top - End - #475
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Clearsight looks at Verossa.

    'If it is the Covenant, launching action behind coalition lines, then yes, it is relevant.

    Though we cannot afford to disrupt our rendezvous with the dwarves, equally we cannot allow rogue forces to attack our supply lines with impunity. In which case, we should at least report back a warning. But let's not be hasty - they may not even be Covenant'.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  26. - Top - End - #476
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora nodded at Raif's words.

    "Well spoken, Clearsight. Covenant or not, it will be good to know where the object of his allegiance lies."

  27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur and Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "From big water," the Goblin says, pointing to the northwest towards the top of the mountain, "We follow pack round mountain. Pack head this way. We follow what Pack kills."

    As it seems more and more likely that he is not going to be killed he stops shaking, his voice becoming more confident.

    "Loknarg is Chief. Loknarg big and strong... Much stronger than Gronig. He take over tribe after Masrak leave with fat Red man and big Orc with red and black hand on face. Loknarg no like them. He tell Masrak but Masrak no listen and leave with half of tribe and most of packs."


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  28. - Top - End - #478
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Fat man and Orc? What do you know about them? What have they said about themselves? Why did they leave with half of your tribe?"

  29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Captain Underpants, I'm sure this is all very pleasant, but perhaps you could relay Exact Words?
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  30. - Top - End - #480
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Alright, I'll give you his exact words. 'From big water,' the Goblin said, while pointing to the northwest towards the top of the mountain, 'We follow pack round mountain. Pack head this way. We follow what Pack kills.'

    It would appear then that last night that pack came though this way, but continuing on,

    'Loknarg is Chief. Loknarg big and strong... Much stronger than Gronig. He take over tribe after Masrak leave with fat Red man and big Orc with red and black hand on face. Loknarg no like them. He tell Masrak but Masrak no listen and leave with half of tribe and most of packs.'

    I'm now asking him about these two fellows. Do we know of anyone in the Covenent who'd fit that description?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •