Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 540 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Naknar watches as the blonde man approaches him and then tilts his head to the side as the man appears to be talking to him.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "This man is going with you to meet your Loknarg. He has some information and things your chief may be interested in. He will be able to help you." Halabur explains.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-09-24 at 07:43 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    A gleeful smile, all fangs and gums, comes across the Goblin's face when Halabur explains what Daranard said to him.

    Halabur and Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Naknar take prisoner?
    Naknar never had prisoner before. Loknarg give Nakar own pup for taking prisoner.


    Turning to Daranard the Goblin jabbers something that sounds excited.

    Drayner and Halabur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Come prisoner. Naknar take you to village. Prisoner meet Loknarg and Naknar get own pup."


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  4. - Top - End - #514
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "He's going to take you to the villiage," Halabur says. "And it looks like he gets a little warg pup out of the deal too." He adds with a smile.

    "But we must be off now. We do have a rendezvous to make." He says while mounting Sparklelord.

  5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Farewell Daranad'.

    Raif Clearsight turns Filofax about, back in the direction of the road.

    'Let's continue, cheating time beguiles us'.

    Time, seemingly immutable, inflexible, yet deceitful. I can make no impression on it with my magics. I wonder if it is a constant even outside the dream?

    If everyone else is with him, Clearsight heads back to the road, and kicks on Filofax until the horse is at a brisk trot (short of a canter).

    Raif Clearsight takes up position at the rear of the column.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+4)[9]
    Listen (1d20+4)[19]
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-09-25 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistake
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    As Halabur and Raif turn to mount the Goblin grabs hold of Daranard's wrist and starts tugging at it, trying to pull him along in the direction that the tracking party had come from, jabbering away constantly in a high-pitched squeal of a voice.
    Looking back over his shoulder Daranard waves and shouts, "Fair well my friends! May you find honour and victory where ever the future leads you!"

    The Goblin soon disappears into the tall grass, Daranard's head and shoulders still showing above it as they move further and further away from you.
    If you listen carefully you can still hear the Bard laughing while trying to make the Goblin understand that he has no idea what the Goblin is saying.

    **So ends the the adventures of Daranand Zophokeil... Maybe **


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Well, at least I didn't eat this one. Shall we off? Get to the insertion point and make a good insertion. I'm fond of good insertions" Verossa hops onto Fighter. "I'll take the rear from now."
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif chuckles slightly at the innuendo.

    'Very well Verossa'.

    Raif Clearsight moves ahead of Verossa in the column for the moment (second to last)
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  9. - Top - End - #519
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora watched Daranad disappear into the distance.

    He was an odd one. She thought to herself. I hope I made the right decision by allowing him to go off like this...

    She sighed.

    There is no use in worrying. All I can do now is watch over the rest.

    At that, she rode Valor back to the front of the party.

    Spoiler
    Show
    First in line.

  10. - Top - End - #520
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Noticing everyone is mounting up, Drayner does likewise and hops onto shadow, and begins to take off following his friends, taking one brief look at the direction Daranand dissapeared into.

    As he catches up with his teammates and assumes his position in the middle of the group, he begins speaking with an unusual amount of forthought, that may have been stimulated with the leader position currently being vacant in the group .

    "Guys, should we have a basic plan for what we do when we cross the border, because when we do arrive, any long-term plans over there might be listened in to by covenant supporters, and I don't think we can take that risk." after taking a quick breath and looking around for everyones reaction he continues "I do have one Idea that could help us enter a city or town safely or at least in a form of disguise. Our illusionist friend willing, I call it Operation: sneaky gnome theatre!"

    Almost beaming, him thinking it is the best idea in the world he continues. "We can hide Halabur in a very small crate, with a hole cut out so he can see, and we enter a town with the guise of travelling entertainers with a magical box that can project moving images for their entertainment. Some of us could use voice to talk through characters that are projected via Halabur's great knowledge of the arcane. The best part, it provides a source of income from charging admittance. Although the money is just a bonus, the upside is we can enter a town without being seen as intruders/enemies by the guards.

    Looking proud of himself Drayner waits for the obvious ooooh's and aaaaah's from is fellow companions.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-09-27 at 05:39 AM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  11. - Top - End - #521
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur stares in surprise. "...That might actually work." He says with a grin widening across his face. "Heh, I'd probably pay to see that."

  12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'Why would we need to put Halabur in a box?'

    Raif Clearsight seems puzzled.

    'A strange mystical box that creates illusions is surely more conspicuous than a spellcaster? Though disguising ourselves as travelling entertainers seems like a good idea. I just don't think that it should be our only disguise.

    Strangers in a town will always attract attention. Attracting attention, we can misdirect it, and so escape detection. I like the idea...still, best not overused I think'.
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "You presume" says Verossa darkly, "That an area under Covenanter control would have something so normal and--excuse the expression, Halabur--human as travelling entertainers. We're not riding into just another hostile country here, we're not heading for a place run under the laws of dignity and respect, we're heading for a place being deliberately twisted into a hell. For someone's advantage, or maybe just for his fun."

    She looks away, looking a little sad. "At the very least, there will be paperwork involved. Evil loves paperwork. And some of us are rather conspicuous individuals who will be remembered."
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-09-28 at 12:11 AM.
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    **Another set of Spot and Listen checks please.
    Also needing to get things moving again so we can get to the insertion point.**


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  15. - Top - End - #525
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Machuchang's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Eleanora shook her head.

    "I like not the idea of lying, even if it is to our would-be enemies," She said curtly. "Besides, we cannot take the time to set up such a charade in the first place. Now let us make haste, and try to put such silly notions behind us." She kicked her heels into Valor's sides. "Try to keep up."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20)[2]
    Listen: (1d20)[8]

  16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif nearly falls off his horse laughing.

    'Cannot take the time to set up such a charade! M'Lady, we have two illusionists and a bag full of disguises. It would be the work of 10 minutes'.

    'And Verossa, you seem to have some strange ideas about my homeland - it wasn't all that long ago I was there. Trust me, common greed of humankind, its humdrum jealousy, and its petty love for the power over fellow man are far more suited to create a hell made flesh, than the most twisted, febrile concoction of a fevered imagination'.


    'After all, the worst time in my life was long before the land was held by the Covenant'
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  17. - Top - End - #527
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner someone dissapointed by the realisation of the trouble this could cause, breaks a little smile at Raif's laughter, but rather than continuing to speak, turns and looks around, focusing his attention on the road and the skies.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+1)[17]
    Listen: (1d20+1)[15]
    He's sad, his dreams shattered, GIVE ME GOOD NUMBERS!
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  18. - Top - End - #528
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+1)[4]
    Listen (1d20+3)[15]


    "Paperwork. Sheesh." Halabur mutters. "The Covenant is truly evil."

  19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Riding on from the site of the Goblin Massacre nothing jumps out at you, in fact, it seems like a pleasant ride through the countryside.

    Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you search the skies you notice the same shape as last night circling over the mountains. In the light of day you can see that if is definitely the shape of a very large bird of some sort with wingspan wider than anything you would have thought possible.


    As the day wears on the wind starts to die down, the sun growing hotter and more intense than any of you think it has a right to be.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  20. - Top - End - #530
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner stops his horse briefly, looking up to the sky, "Guys... it's back" He points at it briefly before looking down the path. "I think we should hurry"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Activating Detect magic here, and will keep it active until we stop for the night.
    I guess taking 20 on spot checks won't work because we are moving/scenery is quickly changing?


    Drayner goes quiet for the rest of the night, eyes constantly going back to the mountain and the bird What's that mountain again? Damnit, there has to be something. and Drayner begins thinking hard about what that mountain and bird-thing might be.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Basic int: (1d20+1)[14]
    Knowledge (Arcana): (1d20+2)[20]
    Knowledge (The Planes): (1d20+2)[11]
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The mountains are called The Spine of the Giant (you remember that from looking at the map).
    As far as your knowledge of the bird, it have been summoned from another plain, it could be a normal bird that has been augmented by magic to become that large, or it could simply be just a freak of nature.
    **And no, you can't take 20 on Spot/Listen while moving**
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-09-28 at 08:53 PM.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  22. - Top - End - #532
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "Maybe Drayner has a good idea. Have you seen anything strange about, Drayner?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+1)[12]
    Listen (1d20+3)[9]
    I won't be rolling Knowledge Arcana yet, that'd be mixing player and character knowledge.

  23. - Top - End - #533
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Queensland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    "I saw it when we left too, I have a bad feiling about this, does anyone remember if there was anythign special on the mountain from the map? From my experiences a bird that big can only be a result of extraplaner creature, altered by magic or just a freak of nature, and I'll give you one guess as to which are more common in this circumstance"
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

    Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

  24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see a shape in the sky that could be a bird, but you're not sure. As you look around to what might be on the horizon, you see nothing out of the ordinary.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  25. - Top - End - #535
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Look up ;)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Arcana (just in case) (1d20+10)[15]


    "Hm. Just looks like a bird to me."
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-09-28 at 09:43 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Halabur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Without actually seeing it clearly, or up close, your best guess is that it could be a magically augmented extraplanar creature of some kind.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Marlowe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO LONGER IN CHINA!

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    ((I could not access the Playground last night))

    Verossa gives Raif a smile; "All said, I notice you didn't stick around. And what are we talking about? What is it you see? This is why I'm at the back."

    Spot/Listen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot(1d20-1)[8]
    Listen(1d20-1)[5]
    The Southern Comforters


    "i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

  28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Verossa:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see nothing but a fading speck in the sky.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

  29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    'No, it's true, I've been away from home for a while'.

    'Hmm? Bird? What Bird?'

    Raif tries to see the bird.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+4)[15]
    Spoiler
    Show

    My Characters:

    Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

    Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092




  30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Malak'ai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

    Raif:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see the definite shape of a large bird disappearing over the mountains.


    Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •